Author Topic: Official MMO Thread  (Read 108304 times)

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
Re: Official MMO Thread
« Reply #780 on: November 20, 2017, 07:59:58 PM »
oh and yeah it still has a monthly fee lol. i'm only planning to do the main quests and then i'm out. no need to have subs in two different games forever.

they've been working on a mobile version of ffxi that i'm sure will update a lot of it's bullshit, but that's been in dev hell for a while now. i'd imagine they'd keep the original ffxi up and running too, since there's still a decent number of hardcore subscribers.
pcp

Corporal

« Reply #781 on: November 20, 2017, 10:13:34 PM »
Obviously, it's time for a switch port if they're already halfway through a recode. Playing FFXI on the go and soaking in the rich FF atmosphere, what more could Nintendo fans possibly want. :doge
!list

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #782 on: November 21, 2017, 10:27:49 AM »
Don't know if its still the case but when 14 first started I got a special item for being subbed to both games. They were just some shoes that made you run faster but still kinda neat.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #783 on: November 21, 2017, 04:42:56 PM »
If it's just the social aspects you're after, why don't you just join a guild or something? Or is that not a thing anymore in modern WoW?

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #784 on: November 21, 2017, 06:13:07 PM »
I have no clue about MMOs in general or WoW in particular, that's why I'm asking :yeshrug

You said the mechanics are shit but the interaction is good in Vanilla, so I kinda assumed people were just more talkative back then. But I guess the content was also more geared towards group play? Or what do you mean with single player style game?

etiolate

« Reply #785 on: November 21, 2017, 06:22:27 PM »
Don't expect Dufus to make sense.

etiolate

« Reply #786 on: November 22, 2017, 05:21:59 PM »
You want open world group content? Sounds like it's Guild Wars 2 time for you.

Corporal

« Reply #787 on: November 22, 2017, 11:03:13 PM »
There's also Rift. I really enjoyed that you could walk around and suddenly half the map would congregate in spontaneous Raid groups to beat back an invasion of <whatever>. It was fun. It worked quite nicely.

...unless Rift is dead. Dunno. Haven't played the game in half a decade or so.
!list

etiolate

« Reply #788 on: December 04, 2017, 07:06:47 PM »
Made a Legendary off-hand Focus weapon in GW2. Mostly because it's badass.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #789 on: March 14, 2018, 11:23:07 PM »
Due to talking about it in the Trek thread, I reinstalled STO last night. I was a decently higher level than I remembered.

Game looks really good on my ultrawide monitor and with all the settings turned up. However I don't remember a goddamn thing about how to play or use skills or anything. I had to look up keybinds for how to even move the ship. :lol I basically just looked around my ship, flew to Earth, hung out and looked at things and decided to sink some time in this weekend instead when I've got some free time to burn. I feel like it'll take an hour or two just to remember wtf is going on but I'll see if I can stick it out.

Freyj

« Reply #790 on: March 17, 2018, 12:28:18 PM »
I still don’t know what BFA is but a bunch of sorta-new races and some new zones, dungeons and raids. Classes don’t seem to be changing much. Maybe that’ll turn out fine, but idk. Feels like a C Team effort right now.

Not sure I understand most of what Blizzard is working on right now. Diablo 3 is on life support, SC2 is...something beyond that, Overwatch doesn’t release that much content from what I can tell, Hearthstone and Heroes are what they are at this point. Legion seemed like it pulled in people from all over Blizzard, but with BFA it seems like they’ve since dispersed.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #791 on: March 18, 2018, 02:07:47 AM »
So I played some more STO as planned, and I ended up quitting after a couple hours and uninstalling. I'm not sure why but the game wasn't really clicking for me. Bums me out cause I really remember liking it but it might just be a game you can't really come back to after an extended break. There's a lot going on with it,I really didn't feel like I was getting a grip on it again, and looking up info almost made me more confused.

I really like all the voice acting and cutscenes to set up the episodes and it's still feels really good to fly around and explore but the systems are just turning me off. At least I got some more nice screenshots.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #792 on: April 09, 2018, 12:33:56 AM »
wrong