Author Topic: Haven't seen any of the MS crew pimping IE lately...  (Read 18504 times)

Tasty

Re: Haven't seen any of the MS crew pimping IE lately...
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2014, 04:28:29 PM »
Tablets are obvious the best way to play for RTS.

(Image removed from quote.)

Such disrespect for women, well I guess it's typical for urban youth.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2014, 04:30:39 PM »
You seem to be only concerned with dissing women
Were you abused as a child, scared to smile, they called you ugly?
Well life is hard, hug me, don't reject me
Or make records to disrespect me, blatent or indirectly

:smug

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2014, 07:17:19 PM »
But, precision.

IR is more precise.
How the fuck would it be? Shit's a jittery mess every time I've seen it. :what

Tablets are obvious the best way to play for RTS.
Actually, that gigantic touch-table (was that Surface before Surface became Surface?) that Microsoft had wouldn't be too bad with the right UI.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2014, 07:20:05 PM »
Tablets would be great for something like Fire Emblem.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2014, 07:21:48 PM »
The fact that Andrex equates fun but still shallow, JV shit like BGDA to real shit like D2/Titan Quest/D3 is why I will never take anything he has to say about anything seriously. Stick to your pokemans, kid. Adults are speaking, and you're not allowed at the table.

:ufup
yar

Tasty

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2014, 08:27:13 PM »
How the fuck would it be? Shit's a jittery mess every time I've seen it. :what

:what Have you actually used it? Are you pointing it at candles?

Wiimote+ drifting and recalibration is awful and it's slow as shit. IR forever.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2014, 08:40:16 PM »
There is a weird jitter on the Wiimote IR at a slight angle near the edge of a bounding box, makes the cursor spaz out for a second. Might be distance related too though.

I assume it has more to do with what data the game is getting than the actual hardware.

Tasty

« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2014, 09:04:16 PM »
It was definitely dependent on the game. Fragile Dreams was jitter city, but House of the Dead Overkill was butter.

Mmm... Overkill... time for a replay, I think. Would only take an hour or two...

:bow Overkill :bow2

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2014, 09:05:34 PM »
:what Have you actually used it? Are you pointing it at candles?
The cursor jiggles and that upsets my sensibilities enough to be annoying.

Wiimote+ drifting and recalibration is awful and it's slow as shit. IR forever.
Heard about the constant calibration thing. Shame. Not that it's relevant any more, but hey...

Touch interfaces are great for turn-based strategy.  They're also better than a mouse for aiming. Sadly, you have to do more than aim in most FPS games.
A big enough monitor would have enough room for WASD and a menu button off in the corner somewhere, but a nunchuck would accomplish the same thing. The real dealbreaker is that you'd be obscuring to much of the screen with your aiming hand and your arm would get tired from holding it at the ready most of the time.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2014, 09:31:11 PM »
For some reason raban seems allergic to higher difficulty modes. She was saying Diablo 3 is boring so I was like turn the difficulty up, normal is lame. And it took some effort before she listened to me! Turned the difficulty up and now she likes D3!
I... uh... what? Are you sure this was me? I never remember having that conversation. I'm actually stanning for the higher difficulties against Triumph's suggestion in our Diablo 3 thread. And not just that, but as far as shooters like Doom, Stalker, Halo, I play them all on the hard difficulties, and hell I beat Darksiders on the hardest difficulty.

Not every game has well-balanced difficulty settings, and that's especially prevalent in shooters like CoD where the main difference between normal and veteran is the health you or the enemy have. Dude I'm in NG+ on Dark Souls 2 right now and beat the Flexile Sentry (link to a video if you're curious) without getting hit once. What the fuck are you talking about.
SRY

Tasty

« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2014, 09:38:58 PM »
Using a Wii remote without resting it on your knee or something is as wrong as playing an ARPG with keyboard and mouse.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2014, 09:56:05 PM »
For some reason raban seems allergic to higher difficulty modes. She was saying Diablo 3 is boring so I was like turn the difficulty up, normal is lame. And it took some effort before she listened to me! Turned the difficulty up and now she likes D3!
I... uh... what? Are you sure this was me? I never remember having that conversation. I'm actually stanning for the higher difficulties against Triumph's suggestion in our Diablo 3 thread. And not just that, but as far as shooters like Doom, Stalker, Halo, I play them all on the hard difficulties, and hell I beat Darksiders on the hardest difficulty.

Not every game has well-balanced difficulty settings, and that's especially prevalent in shooters like CoD where the main difference between normal and veteran is the health you or the enemy have. Dude I'm in NG+ on Dark Souls 2 right now and beat the Flexile Sentry (link to a video if you're curious) without getting hit once. What the fuck are you talking about.

In a game like Diablo, you play it for rewards. Tangible, loot rewards. If there's no increased chance of rewards, then you're basically just measuring e-peens to play on higher difficulties. The way the game is currently set up, there are 7 difficulties to give a shit about: normal, and Torments 1-6. Expert, Hard and Master are utterly meaningless. So, if you can't survive in Torment, there is LITERALLY NO REASON to play on anything other than Normal.
yar

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2014, 09:58:25 PM »
"Tangible, loot rewards" ... "you're basically just measuring e-peens"

Himu

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2014, 09:58:58 PM »
I've never understood the "tired arm" thing about the Wii.  You know you don't have to hold your arm up or outstretched the whole time, right?  You can rest your forearm on your leg or chair arm or w/e and still IR point with crazy accuracy.  The shaking and waggling, yeah, but the pointer is great for the lazy man.

Depends on the game as well as tv position.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2014, 09:59:41 PM »
"Tangible, loot rewards" ... "you're basically just measuring e-peens"

Better loot helps you kill monsters faster, which gets you better loot faster, which is why I get up in the morning.

Increasing the monster's toughness and damage for just 1/3 more xp is distinguished mentally-challenged.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2014, 10:01:57 PM »
I've never understood the "tired arm" thing about the Wii.  You know you don't have to hold your arm up or outstretched the whole time, right?  You can rest your forearm on your leg or chair arm or w/e and still IR point with crazy accuracy.  The shaking and waggling, yeah, but the pointer is great for the lazy man.
I'm talking about touchscreens. Wouldn't you have to keep your hand at the ready pretty much all the fucking time in an FPS? Something could pop-out up time and you can't just flick your wrist.
Actually, that would only be an issue in a PC like configuration, where you have to stretch your arm out. If you had it at a 45° angle, half a foot away, with a wide bezel to rest your arm on... Hm. Redundant (as of yet), but it seems workable.

Himu

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2014, 10:02:30 PM »

Have no clue what NG+ in Dark Souls 2 is like. NG+ modes are usually easier than the first time.

And you did have problems with having to go through D3 on normal, but that was prolly a common complaint. It did take some egging you to up the difficulty and make you realize that D3 isn't the type of game that can be critiqued by its normal mode.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2014, 10:06:13 PM »
The great thing about Diablo and arpgs, is that they can be completely different things to different people, and that's ok. Some people are totally fine plunking down $60 for the game, playing it once leisurely, and never picking it up again. Some people will play it for a couple months with their friends.

...and some people will just quit living and sink thousands of hours into it playing it at the highest levels, chasing rare, perfectly rolled items.
yar

benjipwns

« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2014, 10:11:47 PM »
Using a Wii remote without resting it on your knee or something is as wrong as playing an ARPG with keyboard and mouse.
Old roomate had a chair where the arms were the absolutely perfect design for using a Wiimote. Came close to trying to buy it off her while playing Corruption.

Nothing I own is anywhere near as good.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2014, 10:22:26 PM »
And you did have problems with having to go through D3 on normal, but that was prolly a common complaint. It did take some egging you to up the difficulty and make you realize that D3 isn't the type of game that can be critiqued by its normal mode.
I honestly think it's just that I didn't like playing through the campaign, period. It's not fun. In fact, I wasn't a fan of Diablo 3 at all until Loot 2.0 happened, on any difficulty. After that I wasn't fuckin with Torment because you kinda have to have the right gear to survive in it. Once I got RoS and unlocked Adventure mode I never looked back. The campaign is still ass to grind and will be forever imo.
The great thing about Diablo and arpgs, is that they can be completely different things to different people, and that's ok. Some people are totally fine plunking down $60 for the game, playing it once leisurely, and never picking it up again. Some people will play it for a couple months with their friends.

...and some people will just quit living and sink thousands of hours into it playing it at the highest levels, chasing rare, perfectly rolled items.
yeah I have a friend who told me that "on Hard it takes too long to kill guys" when it's really like .5 seconds longer. I understand it didn't really benefit me much as far as loot is concerned to beat Act V on Expert, but I expressly did not want to just content-tourist my way through that act. I wanted that shit to last and at 60-69 I certainly didn't have the gear to hang on Torment.
SRY

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2014, 10:49:43 PM »
...what a weird thread this turned into
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2014, 11:15:31 PM »
None of the MS crowd wanted to come in here and take the L

:jawalrus
yar

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2014, 11:32:16 PM »
martyring myself in this thread :fbm
SRY

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2014, 11:33:08 PM »
Sin and Punishment 2 with Wiimote pointer is fucking amazing, shame nobody played it.

Also, fuck IE. My first career out of college was doing web development back in 2003, I left to go work in defense (mostly desktop/embedded systems coding), and then went back to web development last year. A ton of stuff changed in the field of web development changed in those 10 years (hell, JQuery, nor Ajax didn't even exist when I first started!), but one thing remains constant - IE still fucking blows.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:37:10 PM by tiesto »
^_^

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2014, 11:34:31 PM »
None of the MS crowd wanted to come in here and take the L

:jawalrus

They tried but upon clicking the "reply" button were hit with a wave of spyware.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2014, 11:40:20 PM »

It's ok, boo. We still love you. You just have weird sensibilities.
yar

Tasty

« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2014, 11:42:53 PM »

It's ok, boo. We still love you. You just have weird sensibilities.

What about me? :uguu

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2014, 11:46:12 PM »
It's hard to hate Raban because I get the impression that if all of The Bore were in some big city looking for a place to eat, she'd be the only person to vote for Olive Garden with me.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2014, 11:51:36 PM »
hate to break your heart PD but Olive Garden is :holeup when it comes to eating out, local restaurants > chains 9/10 times, unless it's the rare occasion where I'm craving dat franchise flavor (which is typically stuff like KFC, Jack in the Box, Baja Fresh, and when I'm in a really dark place in my life, Taco Bell) I hope this means we can still be friends :-[
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:53:19 PM by Raban »
SRY

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2014, 11:54:29 PM »

Himu

« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2014, 11:59:35 PM »
We are never eating at olive garden, PD
IYKYK

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2014, 12:01:08 AM »
:rofl I can't believe I said such a ridiculously douchey thing. I'm better about keeping my food snobbery to myself these days, I swear
SRY

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2014, 12:04:52 AM »
We are never eating at olive garden, PD
:beli

I find that states that border large bodies of water have the best shrimp alfredo. Texas Olive Garden :lawd

Himu

« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2014, 12:10:37 AM »
If we are going to a chain for seafood in texas it will be pappadeux.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2014, 12:16:11 AM »
Dave & Busters, they got House of the dead. :mynicca

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2014, 12:23:35 AM »
People who get to pick where Bore gatherings eat: Esch, Mama Lends, me. Who are some other people with discerning palates?
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2014, 12:25:22 AM »
so you can pick some fancy snob place to order half cooked meat from?
:pacspit

cool breeze

« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2014, 12:30:52 AM »
we should go some place where no one is satisfied like old country buffet

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2014, 01:11:12 AM »
more like

Internet Exploder

Shots fired.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Headshot, incidentally.
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2014, 01:18:17 AM »

Does Grandy's stay open late? I need to know for...uh...research.
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2014, 01:23:27 AM »
Such a variety!

Of things you don't want to eat.

benjipwns

« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2014, 01:34:13 AM »
CACracker Barrel

Himu

« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2014, 01:40:16 AM »
Could we go to CrACker barrel instead? Ive never had the opportunity to sample any of Esau's den of delights.

it's demonic. but aight.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2014, 01:41:02 AM »
Yea...I'm not going to Cracker Barrel again :lol

Himu

« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2014, 01:41:16 AM »

Does Grandy's stay open late? I need to know for...uh...research.

This place still exists?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2014, 01:51:04 AM »
we will eat at waffle house with the niccas and risk getting shot
IYKYK

Damian79

« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2014, 04:16:47 AM »
I can't imagine a kb/m making Chrono Trigger more enjoyable.

Actually Crono Trigger is one game would benefit from mouse input.  Imagine being able to pinpoint where to where a skill goes instead of on an enemy creature.   :o

archnemesis

« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2014, 05:54:22 AM »
Can you use add-ons with Opera?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2014, 08:59:35 AM »
I used to use Opera when Opera was actually Opera and not this re-skinned Chrome shit it is now

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2014, 09:07:34 AM »
Yea...I'm not going to Cracker Barrel again :lol

The only reason anybody under 30 goes to a Cracker Barrel is because their grandparents dragged them there.
dog

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2014, 09:09:43 AM »
Where else can you get apple butter though?
©ZH

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2014, 09:11:18 AM »
I just had a ticket at work from a customer who was worried about this.

their servers run on linux oof.
nat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2014, 09:12:01 AM »

Wal-Mart?
dog

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2014, 09:24:11 AM »
I meant in a restaurant setting. It doesn't matter. I'm not a big fan of CACer barrel. Last time we were there, everyone else got their food but me.  :maf
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2014, 09:39:01 AM »

Old Country Buffet, probably.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2014, 09:45:34 AM »
Last time we were there, everyone else got their food but me.  :maf

Had you been to the beach recently?
dog

Tasty

« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »
Am I the only one who uses Opera? It's actually really good. It's like Chrome, without the weird dumb shit.

What weird dumb shit do you mean?

It's basically Chromium. Hell, when I ported my WebM extension to it I didn't have to change a thing. All the API's are the same. Only difference is I had to wait for approval for it to show up in their extensions catalogue. :yuck

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2014, 11:04:10 AM »
:dead

Worst opinions of any human being ever. Raban was just trying to convince me that its best to play ARPG's with a controller instead of a keyboard + mouse about an hour ago.

:dead

Depends on the ARPG. The ones in the style of "Souls"/third person? Do play better with a controller in some cases. ARPG's in the case of Diablo/"lootwhore?" Yeah, I agree with Esch and others on keyboard and mouse.

It's really a case-by-case basis.

Brehvolution

« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2014, 11:15:35 AM »
Last time we were there, everyone else got their food but me.  :maf

Had you been to the beach recently?

No. We always have service problems at my local CB. I've been to other locations and they were fine.
©ZH

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2014, 01:10:07 PM »
Am I the only one who uses Opera? It's actually really good. It's like Chrome, without the weird dumb shit.

I used to use it, but I found Google ran speed circles around it at the time.  Chrome's gotten a lot worse over the years, though, maybe I should give Opera another go.
or try IE :phil honestly I used to be a Chrome fanatic but as it got worse I ran the browsers side by side and even gave Chrome the advantage. no plug-ins, addons, anything, and IE11 still loads pages faster.

Depends on the ARPG. The ones in the style of "Souls"/third person? Do play better with a controller in some cases. ARPG's in the case of Diablo/"lootwhore?" Yeah, I agree with Esch and others on keyboard and mouse.

It's really a case-by-case basis.
I agree with this, but when I think about it I still prefer gaming with a controller in almost every instance. The only thing keeping me from playing a game like Diablo on my 360 is the fuck-awful menus and the way that it's a noticeably worse game with regards to performance/mob size/etc. But say, like, Doom 1? I prefer the XBLA version over dosboxing it on my PC.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:13:43 PM by Raban »
SRY