Author Topic: 1,000+ Pages of NeoGAF: The Story of Wasted Lives and Hardcore Salt  (Read 4862447 times)

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
Stop calling all those women transgender, they are not defined by a condition that it would be polite to ignore .
Women!?!?! You don't know what each individual's preferred pronouns are YOU FUCKING BIGOT!!!  :pacspit
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:16:58 PM by Atramental »

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
guess that explains Dax's anger at being called transgendered, dunno.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Wymyn
©@©™

king of the internet

• 🚽

Yeah, I think the idea is that she identifies as a woman, not as a member of a third category (trans).

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
But transgendered isn't really a gender category in western civilization, but more of a condition. I guess it would be kinda rude to point out "... but you're transgender." in a conversation with someone that is fighting against the biology they were born with. It's kinda like pointing out someone's disability or psychiatric disorder - it's simply impolite.
<コ:彡

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
ANYWAY
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=859711

Time for murricans to once again get baffled by the superior norwegian prison system.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163159731

I wish my aesthetics were this bad :fbm

:kobeyuck

If he wasn't famous, he'd look terrible as fuck.
In fact, he still look terrible as fuck.

Phoenix Dark

But transgendered isn't really a gender category in western civilization, but more of a condition. I guess it would be kinda rude to point out "... but you're transgender." in a conversation with someone that is fighting against the biology they were born with. It's kinda like pointing out someone's disability or psychiatric disorder - it's simply impolite.

i'm not touching this brehs

*exists thread*

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
Smh at people assuming that if you're bisexual you're automatically into open/poly relationships:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=859666

Slayven is a terrible poster, lets invite him here.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163159731

I wish my aesthetics were this bad :fbm

:kobeyuck

If he wasn't famous, he'd look terrible as fuck.
In fact, he still look terrible as fuck.

:noah

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122135659&postcount=38

I like how he mentions only women.
Would he be fine with Ms. Opiate banging some dudes on the side too?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Smh at people assuming that if you're bisexual you're automatically into open/poly relationships:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=859666

Slayven is a terrible poster, lets invite him here.

Whenever ppl make what if posts/threads like this it always seems so suspect and strange to me. "Saw this a lot" what. I doubt you have bro.

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
Slay is great when he's simping or when it comes to comics.
Otherwise  :larry

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Google glass and invasion of privacy stuff sucks but I do think we need to embrace technology more in order to conquer current and future problems like food supplies, clean affordable water etc.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
slow down motherfuckers. stop posting new links until we have properly discussed that opiate post

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
Google glass and invasion of privacy stuff sucks but I do think we need to embrace technology more in order to conquer current and future problems like food supplies, clean affordable water etc.

Pretty much.

"It's terrible that we might end up solving world hunger with nutritional slurries, just think of the humanity!"

As opposed to starvation?

slow down motherfuckers. stop posting new links until we have properly discussed that opiate post

Why don't you take a nap, grandpa?  :-*

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

Sorry, my employees are busy with all these customers
fat

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship

I don't think consumer devices like Google glass are going to help much with the age old problems that face humanity. They are just another way to distract ourselves and disengage from the (immediate) world around us.

So, some healthy 'pushback' on all technology is good. Unchecked enthusiasm makes things like the dot com bubble (and Zune) happen.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
They will stop coming when you stop giving it attention. Not my problem.

Oh I don't care they're here, not like they'll leave this thread; but since they're obviously using this thread as a resource I would suggest monetization $$$

Tasty

I don't think consumer devices like Google glass are going to help much with the age old problems that face humanity. They are just another way to distract ourselves and disengage from the (immediate) world around us.

So, some healthy 'pushback' on all technology is good. Unchecked enthusiasm makes things like the dot com bubble (and Zune) happen.

Did the zune really have any enthusiasm

I mean I owned one, but seriously. the zune scene was dead from birth.

The zune hd (rightly) has some supporters, but you only really saw them online.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
It was just a joke. Put down your arms, tech warrior.

Tasty

It was just a joke. Put down your arms, tech warrior.

wow nice one

Himu

I told you why. You chose to ignore why.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

I don't remember what you said.

Himu

Some people don't want to be reminded they are trans. Their goal is to transition to a gender, not to lump on to some trans movement or identity. By you constantly bringing up the trans thing to Dax, you are not taking her identity seriously. Her communicating this may be odd, because Dax has the communication skills of a rock. But there it is. For the record, on my facebook, which allows like 50 gender options, I have mine set up to woman for a reason. Being trans is the condition but being, feeling, and living as a woman is the goal. Not to be a transgendered woman. At least for many it is. Rather than put everyone in one neat box, it would be better to ask how people prefer to be referred to. Just takes one question, and Dax has already chosen her answer.
IYKYK

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier

Some people don't want to be reminded they are trans. Their goal is to transition to a gender, not to lump on to some trans movement or identity. By you constantly bringing up the trans thing to Dax, you are not taking her identity seriously. Her communicating this may be odd, because Dax has the communication skills of a rock. But there it is. For the record, on my facebook, which allows like 50 gender options, I have mine set up to woman for a reason. Being trans is the condition but being, feeling, and living as a woman is the goal. Not to be a transgendered woman. At least for many it is. Rather than put everyone in one neat box, it would be better to ask how people prefer to be referred to. Just takes one question, and Dax has already chosen her answer.

MHM, you tell him sistah!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:17:56 PM by Squiddy »

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
I ignored Squiddy but I can still see the shit posts.  Mods help.
vin

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
I ignored Squiddy but I can still see the shit posts.  Mods help.

It's because you're seeing my awesome posts

Steve Contra

It's working now.  Thanks Joe :obama
vin

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Digital murder :rock

Himu

Squiddy, you best stop talking about Slayven like that. He's cool. :maf

*crosses arms*

And don't call me sistah ever again :badass
IYKYK

Steve Contra

vin

nachobro

• Live Más
Oh shit, why didn't I think of ignoring before?  :ohhh

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Too bad we don't have the "ignored by" stat anymore :lol

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
Then no one will complain about me  :lol
Expect Atra, because he would never ignore a bro.

Steve Contra

I've only ever had to digitally murder the shitty joke posters who keep trying to pull that here.  Squiddy's just the latest in a line that will burn out and leave :rejoice
vin

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
tasty meat pls make a suped-up digital murder extension for chrome

nachobro

• Live Más
I think I'll keep it just to Squiddy and dude with the creepy serial rapist looking avatar.

Himu

Remember a few years ago when, I think it was Methodis? Had the most ignores on the forum? Wasn't it like 50 ignores?
IYKYK

Steve Contra

Yeah, Methodis did the same thing.  I think he's gone for good now though.  Thanks god.
vin

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
It hides his stupid avatar too :rejoice

Dennis

Dennis how long is your ban? Be honest.

Three months.

PlayDat

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=859804

Luddites and nerds.

As a long-time sufferer of GI issues Soylent does sound really interesting to me.  Only just heard of it but now have about 6 tabs open on the subject. 

king of the internet

• 🚽

It's not working for me  :'(

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
Who is this Methodis fella?
Is he one of the "old guard"?

Himu

No, he's a sony fanboy. Btw he's not gone, Contra. He made a post in the Gaming Sales thread last night.
IYKYK

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier

Luddites and nerds.

As a long-time sufferer of GI issues Soylent does sound really interesting to me.  Only just heard of it but now have about 6 tabs open on the subject.

Give it a go and let us know what it's like.
Would be nice on busy days when you'd just eat a crap lunch anyway.

Steve Contra

No, he's a sony fanboy. Btw he's not gone, Contra. He made a post in the Gaming Sales thread last night.
Fuuuuuuuuuuck
vin

king of the internet

• 🚽

It's not working for me  :'(

System must be overloaded from all the people adding him to lists at the same time (Image removed from quote.)

Make it stop

Rahxephon91

Hey all I'm saying is there's a real simple way to get rid of me. GAF Mods. You know what to do.

PlayDat

Luddites and nerds.

Give it a go and let us know what it's like.
Would be nice on busy days when you'd just eat a crap lunch anyway.

Gonna ask my gastroenterologist before I take the dive, but yeah everyone seems way too eager to look down on the idea.  I understanding not wanting to replace every meal, but there's totally a place for this kind of thing if done right.  Think about what such a product could mean for developing nations also. 

Gonna ask my gastroenterologist before I take the dive, but yeah everyone seems way too eager to look down on the idea.  I understanding not wanting to replace every meal, but there's totally a place for this kind of thing if done right.  Think about what such a product could mean for developing nations also.

Real food? HomieDon't

Himu

Fuuuuuuuuuuck

Calm down. He rarely posts! We are safe!
IYKYK

PlayDat

Real food? HomieDon't

Soylent wouldn't be my entire diet, but it'd make my life a whole lot easier. 

This might be a result of my health issues but I've developed a very boring utilitarian perspective on food.  I don't get excited about it.  I don't like cooking.  I don't look forward to eating unless I'm really hungry.  I don't actively dislike any of these things either.  I just do them for survival. 

Detractors of the product, like the author of this NYT article on it have a more romantic relationship with food than I do. 

The longer I used it, the more Soylent began to feel like a chore. I began to yearn for the mechanics of solid meals — chewing, swallowing, using my hands and silverware and experiencing a variety of textures and temperatures. I missed crunchy foods, salty foods, noisy foods and hot foods. (Soylent, like revenge, is best served cold.)

I don't care about all that.  The only thing I would miss about eating is the communal aspect of it.  I've gotten to know plenty of friends better by sitting across a table with them for lunch/dinner or whatever.  Aside from that, eating is pretty much like taking a shit.  Something I just do when the urge comes. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:43:46 PM by PlayDat »

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Soylent sounds baller. Fuck eating dinner, my ascetic, joyless diet can now be complete. :rejoice