Author Topic: Please share your triumph of the day  (Read 784574 times)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Re: Please share your triumph of the day
« Reply #4380 on: December 16, 2017, 02:48:19 PM »
Ate ass for about 20 minutes last night.

u know that's where poop comes from right

Corporal

« Reply #4381 on: December 17, 2017, 09:02:48 PM »
Ah-yup.

I survived an entire weekend of filial bonding by means of baking cookies with my old man.

We even made some chocolate snack things whose recipe basically went "take some butter and cream, add honey and butter, coconut shavings and cream, sugar and cream and butter, stir on low heat until thicc, then let cool until firm; form into balls and coat with chocolate and drink any remaining cream". These things probably have a trillion calories each, and you can taste every single one of them. Can't wait to see the reactions of people who will try them.

Also stuffed dates (the conserved sugary kind, filled with nuts or marzipan, then dipped in chocolate). Messy business, but oh so tasty.

It was a bit draining because we're two confused old geezers that probably should never enter a kitchen unless under strict supervision from a professional armed with a cattle prod, but we somehow managed.
!list

Tasty

« Reply #4382 on: December 18, 2017, 06:13:40 PM »
Finally sent out my Christmas cards, mostly to update people on where my new place is. Was supposed to send them a week ago, but yeah... :lol

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4383 on: December 18, 2017, 06:53:06 PM »
Realized that Twitter is okay for following friends, but exploring any larger conversation there is basically the world's Comments Section. So in the end of 2017 I've been reaffirmed that I should never read the comments.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4384 on: December 18, 2017, 06:58:19 PM »
Saw a dude that looked like the male version of Rosie O’Donnell on Forensic Files today. Also touched myself during the Mia Zapata episode. She was awesome.
serge

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4385 on: December 19, 2017, 09:15:40 AM »
Apparently there were a a few in an abandoned building next to the restaurant I manage who had started a small fire inside the building  to keep warm.

No wonder they're homeless.
©ZH

Himu

« Reply #4386 on: December 20, 2017, 09:02:11 PM »
I put alcoholic egg nog into my coffee as creamer and it's delicious. I'm a genius. :rejoice
IYKYK

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4387 on: December 20, 2017, 09:12:21 PM »
I drink whiskey coffees all the time, it’s legit

Himu

« Reply #4388 on: December 20, 2017, 09:27:36 PM »
Oh? What whiskey?
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #4389 on: December 21, 2017, 12:59:28 AM »
Heard a Turkish manager at work today talk about going to a work party and some Saudi Arabian interns of his in their early 20s were there. He said they all had wives that they treated like pets or things and didn’t even introduce them to anyone. He said something about how they’re on his team, but they don’t even do anything. From what he said, he apparently gets like three new Saudi Arabian interns that shuffle in, do nothing, and move on every six months. He called it creepy and said many colorful things about what he thinks of their culture.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 01:06:14 AM by TVC 15 »
serge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4390 on: December 21, 2017, 03:11:42 AM »
Why's that a triumph?

TVC15

« Reply #4391 on: December 21, 2017, 03:59:14 AM »
Why's that a triumph?

I dunno. There are so many random chat threads that I usually just pick one at random when I have something to spout. It was kind of thrilling trying to hash out this overheard conversation with my coworker.
serge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4392 on: December 21, 2017, 08:59:33 AM »
Why's that a triumph?

I dunno. There are so many random chat threads that I usually just pick one at random when I have something to spout. It was kind of thrilling trying to hash out this overheard conversation with my coworker.

Yeah. Pretty sure I'd be weirded out by those topics. Turkey is a progressive country, full of wonderful people. Or at least it was. Sounds like the failed coup was a false flag operation which has resulted in tremendous oppression. Has that manager been out of Turkey for a long time?

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #4393 on: December 21, 2017, 09:36:28 AM »
Apparently people from Wisconsin chase bloody Mary’s with beer

Amateurs
dur

TVC15

« Reply #4394 on: December 21, 2017, 08:58:50 PM »
Editing a history of Dungeons & Dragons book. Just got to the Dragonlance section :tauntaun :woken
serge

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4395 on: December 21, 2017, 09:54:48 PM »
survived another day with the flu, pray for me
每天生气

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #4396 on: December 22, 2017, 08:11:21 AM »
survived another day with the flu, pray for me

we're on the same boat, im legit scared im going to have a brain aneurysm by how harsh im coughing.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4397 on: December 22, 2017, 08:22:11 AM »
I may have saved a couple more longstanding problems on my partner's Unity project regarding shadows on mobile. I hope so, at least. I researched and presented a solution, but I don't have his project source, so it's just educated guesses until he decides to open his kimono.

Also got most of the edits in on an app that's due early next year. Which is closer that that sounds…  :-\

Also managed to get the Christmas Tree up and decorated, stockings hung, and most of the house cleaned up. We're having a big party tomorrow, and I'm excited to be even a little ahead of schedule.

Tasty

« Reply #4398 on: December 22, 2017, 01:15:44 PM »

My Misfit Vapor (which I pre-ordered off Amazon when it was mistakenly $40 off) got here. 😍

Basically an Xmas present for myself. It's everything I've wanted in a smartwatch (which I've avoided and thought were pointless until now.) My checklist:

- Waterproof and tracks swimming. 🏊🏻
- Android Wear 2.0. 🤖
- Heart rate monitor. :heartbeat
- It's round and not square! 🕐

Super excited to hit the pool next year with this thing.

Among both fitness wearable makers and smartwatch manufacturers, Misfit seems to be the only one who has ever cared about swimmers. Fitbit finally got around to us last year with the Flex 2, a very low-end fitness tracker, while Misfit's been pimping swim tracking since the original Shine (which I bought in 2015.) A couple Android Wear smartwatches are nominally waterproof, but even if they are up to 50m they don't actually track the various swim strokes.

The only drawback to Misfit is that few people have heard of them and the community aspect is pretty dead. My hope is that Google Fit starts adding social/friend features since it's so ubiquitous (available on iOS/Android/web, and on phones/smartwatches.) Basically all my friends who have fitness trackers are using Fitbit, which is why I wanted a Flex last year. But honestly, the experience and data/options just weren't as good as my Shine.

The only drawback I see for the Vapor compared to Shine is that as a smartwatch the Vapor needs to be charged at night, and the sleep-tracking in the Shine was super on-point. :'(

tldr:

New smartwatch am good at swimming and things.

Tasty

« Reply #4399 on: December 22, 2017, 01:20:49 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Though now that I have this, I have seven different products with Google Assistant integrated. 😬 Phone, watch, headphones (Bose QC35 II), and four Google Homes.
[close]

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4400 on: December 22, 2017, 01:46:15 PM »
All my work is done for the year, just sitting on my thumbs until close time today :rejoice

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4401 on: December 22, 2017, 02:57:15 PM »
All my work is done for the year, just sitting on my thumbs until close time today :rejoice
same :lawd

sinxtanx

« Reply #4402 on: December 22, 2017, 07:13:09 PM »
I am almost certain this contains every kind of naturally occuring sugar

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4403 on: December 22, 2017, 08:59:31 PM »
Editing a history of Dungeons & Dragons book. Just got to the Dragonlance section :tauntaun :woken

Cameron, Raistlin, or Margaret Weis w/ a strap-on: which one you got?
©@©™

TVC15

« Reply #4404 on: December 22, 2017, 09:42:51 PM »
Is Lord Soth not an option?
serge

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4405 on: December 22, 2017, 09:47:21 PM »
I basically bought this book as a teenager solely because the cover looked metal af. :rock

©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4406 on: December 22, 2017, 11:00:52 PM »
I bought something as a teenager today too.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4407 on: December 23, 2017, 02:59:36 PM »
Bought 45$ worth of fish for tonight.  Going to make tuna and swordfish sashimi

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4408 on: December 24, 2017, 12:39:57 PM »
I feel like this doesn't have a ton to do with my actions but either way I'm very happy that my kitties have gone from not being able to be in the same room without freaking out to now tolerating each other 90% of time and even becoming friendly (almost) at times.  :heart

Bonus pic of Spock in her favorite winter spot: the heating pad we set up for her in the bedroom to warm her old kitty bones

TVC15

« Reply #4409 on: December 24, 2017, 12:42:22 PM »
Awwwww! I love fluffy cats!
serge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4410 on: December 24, 2017, 12:49:03 PM »
They are the best! Spock has gained a little bulk in her old age (she's 16 now so that's okay) but Rona is nothing but fluff and meow and there's almost no actual cat under all that fur :lol

Tasty

« Reply #4411 on: December 27, 2017, 05:35:22 PM »
Got my mom's two new Nest Outdoor Cams setup and it couldn't have gone smoother. Loving the UX here - installation, app and website are all world-class.

Excited to set up my own Indoor Cam IQ soon. Still looking hard at an Outdoor Cam IQ for my balcony, and also the Nest Secure system... 👀

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4412 on: December 28, 2017, 11:46:56 AM »
On a short vacation to Durango, drinking heavily and eating much delicious food :rejoice :playa

Also cashed in a bunch of Hilton points for the hotel and goddamn they treat you a lot nicer as a points payer than if you are a cash plebeian. Bunch of free stuff waiting for me up here and they've called to make sure "everything is to my liking". :lol

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4413 on: December 28, 2017, 11:55:47 AM »
On a short vacation to Durango, drinking heavily and eating much delicious food :rejoice :playa

Also cashed in a bunch of Hilton points for the hotel and goddamn they treat you a lot nicer as a points payer than if you are a cash plebeian. Bunch of free stuff waiting for me up here and they've called to make sure "everything is to my liking". :lol
The same goes for any kind of travel club or program.  Racking up and using points gets you way better service.  Airport lounges are fucking game changers.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4414 on: December 28, 2017, 12:06:29 PM »
Yep, I got United Club via my last job sending me all over the country 2 weeks a month and it is fantastic. Didn't fly enough this year to get qualified for much though. Got the Hilton points from a mix of job and having my wedding reception at a Hilton property so I went from zero to Diamond member basically overnight. :lol It's pretty sweet.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4415 on: December 28, 2017, 06:06:31 PM »
was about to throw out a bunch of flyers when I realized there was not one but two checks in my stack I was about to toss.  I'm 3000$ richer than I thought I was 2 minutes ago.  This must be what buying bit coins feels like. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4416 on: December 28, 2017, 10:22:33 PM »
was about to throw out a bunch of flyers when I realized there was not one but two checks in my stack I was about to toss.  I'm 3000$ richer than I thought I was 2 minutes ago.  This must be what buying bit coins feels like.

If you're missing the $3000 thirty minutes from now, that's what buying BitCoin actually feels like.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4417 on: December 28, 2017, 11:55:23 PM »
I am, but 6 hookers was worth it.

Tasty

« Reply #4418 on: December 28, 2017, 11:57:10 PM »
I've been out to my older sister since Thanksgiving 2014. She was the first person I ever told I was gay. For a variety of reasons, she was the person I could most trust with my newly-realized sexual orientation.

Tonight, I came out to my younger sister. As you can guess, she was significantly harder to read and predict. She says "gay" meaning "dumb" and she never seemed particularly interested in the plight of minorities or the less fortunate.

After five to six instances of "Are you serious?," she hugged me and had happy tears and told me she loved me. I asked, "Still?" She didn't answer but just hugged me harder. :)

The rest of my family still doesn't know, but I'm so fucking happy and proud of my sister. I know, I know - any decent human being should be accepting. I understand that's like, bare minimum. But family is family, and if she had gone the way I feared... it would have hurt a hell of a lot.

I decided to make this step because we've gotten a lot closer over the last year. I've been getting her more into alcohol, and she's been getting me more into weed, haha. But it's more than that. In the last couple months she's come up to see me in Boston multiple times and just hang out. Honestly, it's a fucking blast.

I still have significant hurdles before I'm completely out and proud, but this was easily the biggest step I've made in over three years.

The future is bright (and gay.) :supergay

TVC15

« Reply #4419 on: December 29, 2017, 12:23:23 AM »
Get drunk and tell the rest of your family. You’ll feel better when it’s over.
serge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4420 on: December 29, 2017, 12:47:35 AM »
Congrats, I'm really suprised they didnt know you were gay.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4421 on: December 29, 2017, 05:54:59 AM »
@tasty

Fuck yeah.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4422 on: January 05, 2018, 10:08:42 AM »
Today, I…
  • got my remaining work on a project done by 10AM
  • had a skype interview at 11AM, the company booked my in-house interview immediately afterward
  • smashed a tasty indian lunch that was also a productive business meeting
  • friend is working on an app, he has no design skills so I whipped up a 100% improved UI design in 90 minutes, gratis
  • watching The White Queen so I saw Rebecca Ferguson's lovely boobs again
  :quark

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4423 on: January 05, 2018, 10:35:17 AM »
Congrats on seeing boobs  :respect

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4424 on: January 05, 2018, 10:55:10 AM »
Today, I…
  • had a skype interview at 11AM, the company booked my in-house interview immediately afterward
  • friend is working on an app, he has no design skills so I whipped up a 100% improved UI design in 90 minutes, gratis
Worried there for a second.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4425 on: January 05, 2018, 11:29:19 AM »
Today, I…
Incoming diarrhea post in the struggle thread.
que

Raist

« Reply #4426 on: January 05, 2018, 06:44:25 PM »
He said indian, not taco bell.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4427 on: January 05, 2018, 09:34:14 PM »
Today, I…
Incoming diarrhea post in the struggle thread.

:rofl

Tasty

« Reply #4428 on: January 06, 2018, 08:27:25 PM »

Got the Game Boy ROM for LSDJ loaded in my new web app.

Now I just need to get the actual functionality (export button) working... :P

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4429 on: January 06, 2018, 09:09:05 PM »
Using the bathroom at JCPenny and instead of rude or racist graffiti, someone had just scrawled "have a nice poop". And you know what? I did.
©@©™

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4430 on: January 06, 2018, 10:30:27 PM »
Got in the car to go get some fast food. Got about half way there before I decided that I should go home and cook some healthy. I did and I feel good about myself.

Raist

« Reply #4431 on: January 07, 2018, 06:45:39 AM »
Paper #15 accepted :rejoice

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4432 on: January 07, 2018, 07:58:19 AM »
Got in the car to go get some fast food. Got about half way there before I decided that I should go home and cook some healthy. I did and I feel good about myself.
I'm proud of you, especially since I'm in the middle of eating a greasy burger right now. :lol

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4433 on: January 07, 2018, 09:44:27 AM »
Hung out with two expat friends today. Had excellent home-made sausages and craft beer. Shot the shit. Still got home with food for dinner. It's weird how much just speaking native English can be a balm.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4434 on: January 07, 2018, 11:39:47 AM »
Had a real bad migraine last night, threw up when I tried to eat dinner so I just went to bed. Woke up just now feeling way better and ate some peanut butter toast :rejoice

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4435 on: January 07, 2018, 05:32:33 PM »
the body holds infinite wisdom

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4436 on: January 07, 2018, 06:10:14 PM »
suck my dick

Tasty