Author Topic: Please share your triumph of the day  (Read 784761 times)

Tasty

Re: Please share your triumph of the day
« Reply #4680 on: March 18, 2018, 01:56:38 AM »
People actually use Acrobat? I uninstall that shyt as soon as I can on any PC I ever use. Just use Chrome to open PDFs bro.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4681 on: March 18, 2018, 02:02:50 AM »
People actually use Acrobat? I uninstall that shyt as soon as I can on any PC I ever use. Just use Chrome to open PDFs bro.

I have to use Pro for some freelance work for a particular publisher.
serge

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4682 on: March 18, 2018, 02:31:23 AM »
It comes in handy when I have edit text on a pdf because a client can’t stop FUCKING CHANGING SHIT when we’re just hours away from sending the pdf to a print vendor.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4683 on: March 18, 2018, 06:22:34 AM »
It comes in handy when I have edit text on a pdf because a client can’t stop FUCKING CHANGING SHIT when we’re just hours away from sending the pdf to a print vendor.

That was the use I had for it, when it was inconvenient to open a fat INDD/QXP document or you simply didn't have access to it.
ὕβρις

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4684 on: March 18, 2018, 10:29:37 AM »
On Windows, I use FoxIt Reader. I use Preview.app on macOS. PDF readers are nothing special.

Image editing, Photoshop has added more cruft than functionality, stretching its distended asshole out, gaping further each release, since Photoshop 6. It's particularly annoying since I have been on board since Photoshop 1.x and was willing to throw Apple into the woodchipper if Adobe ever released an OS. At one time they were just that good. Those days are so far behind them, it's vomitously laughable.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4685 on: March 18, 2018, 12:41:21 PM »
It sucks. Serato has a subscription model now (you can still buy a license for 99 though)

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4686 on: March 19, 2018, 04:03:51 PM »
Had a few friends over for St. Patty's at the end, one of them turned to me and said, "I was just telling our other friend that you should write a book about how to make a relationship work." I looked at my wife and she agreed. I don't intend to, but it's nice to know that all the focus that I put in working on relationships does show. :rejoice
que

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4687 on: March 19, 2018, 04:11:10 PM »
tfw you slowly begin to conquer your fears and it feels like a whole new world is opening up to you

i can hear them brehs

i can hear the angels singing

:rejoice

Inspiring!
rub

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4688 on: March 23, 2018, 05:09:57 PM »
Date night tonight :rejoice

Italian food :rejoice

fried food, cheese, and carbs :rejoice

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #4689 on: March 23, 2018, 06:13:01 PM »
Went to a laser tag game with some friends, our team won a crushing victory.  :doge

Tasty

« Reply #4690 on: March 24, 2018, 04:24:46 PM »
Went to a laser tag game with some friends, our team won a crushing victory.  :doge

Nice, man! Whose 12th birthday was it? Did you guys get pizza there too?

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #4691 on: March 24, 2018, 06:10:31 PM »

Nice, man! Whose 12th birthday was it? Did you guys get pizza there too?

Nah, the grownups did not let us. On the other hand we played some Nintendo games there as well.  :-*

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #4692 on: March 24, 2018, 10:21:06 PM »
The past month has been really good for me money wise. I paid off both of my student loans, got a bonus at my job, and got my tax returns. Most of it is going to pay down my credit card, but I did splurge on a Nintendo Switch. Feels nice to have some breathing room with my finances finally.
WDW

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4693 on: March 25, 2018, 03:58:42 PM »
Just got back from a trip to Africa. Got eaten up by mosquitos and came back and developed a fever with sweating and stomach issues. Yesterday I was really kind of paranoid I had malaria but it all seems to be subsiding now. I think I was just tired. So yay for not having malaria.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4694 on: March 25, 2018, 04:03:21 PM »
Probably just ebola.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4695 on: March 25, 2018, 05:44:28 PM »
Trying out for a part in a musical here in an hour.

Is there anything better than community theatre?

I say probably.
rub

Drainage

« Reply #4696 on: March 25, 2018, 05:59:12 PM »
Fit 3 beers in my winking lizard mug

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4697 on: March 25, 2018, 06:33:32 PM »
I successfully left my 2 year old by himself at the church daycare this morning without him freaking out and throwing an inconsolable temper tantrum. He happily played with other kids his age and didn't care that I was gone. He had a really traumatic experience at the doctor's office and then hospital shortly after about a year+ or so ago and getting him to even go into buildings that he didn't recognize had been a challenge but he's making huge strides. Felt like a legit milestone today.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4698 on: March 25, 2018, 06:48:52 PM »
I successfully left my 2 year old by himself at the church daycare this morning without him freaking out and throwing an inconsolable temper tantrum. He happily played with other kids his age and didn't care that I was gone. He had a really traumatic experience at the doctor's office and then hospital shortly after about a year+ or so ago and getting him to even go into buildings that he didn't recognize had been a challenge but he's making huge strides. Felt like a legit milestone today.
Aw yeah, congrats on the success!

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4699 on: March 25, 2018, 08:04:59 PM »
Fit 3 beers in my winking lizard mug
pics of winking lizard mug?

Tasty

« Reply #4700 on: March 25, 2018, 08:58:18 PM »
I was walking home from the pool today and I just realized how much love I have in my heart and how hopeful I am for the future. I know that sooner or later life is gonna kick me in the teeth, cause hey that's life as a human, but the endorphins from my swim were just amping me up and mellowing me out at the same time.

I don't think I've posted in the struggle or inconvenience threads in months (and if I did, it was so small that I don't even remember.) I love my friends, my family, my job, and my apartment. My finances are finally stable, and this is the first month since I started tracking my drinking habits that I've been consistently way down for four consecutive weeks. I'm back in the pool after a year+ long absence, and even my Bruins are kicking serious ass this year (ask Boogie.)

I'm burying the lede a bit here: I'm taking another one of my regular breaks from The Bore. This honestly has nothing to do with the Cindi/Cream thing or anything else, it just feels like the right thing to do for me right now (and I've been thinking about it for months.) I estimate I'll be back in the summer, but honestly who knows? I have a life to live. :)

"Everyone has his or her own story. And this is a story that ends in the light. And... my story is just beginning."

👋🏻

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4701 on: March 25, 2018, 09:05:42 PM »
I might take a break from the Bore (and social media) as well. But for completely different (i.e. negative) reasons. :noah

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4702 on: March 25, 2018, 09:20:23 PM »
I was walking home from the pool today and I just realized how much love I have in my heart and how hopeful I am for the future. I know that sooner or later life is gonna kick me in the teeth, cause hey that's life as a human, but the endorphins from my swim were just amping me up and mellowing me out at the same time.

I don't think I've posted in the struggle or inconvenience threads in months (and if I did, it was so small that I don't even remember.) I love my friends, my family, my job, and my apartment. My finances are finally stable, and this is the first month since I started tracking my drinking habits that I've been consistently way down for four consecutive weeks. I'm back in the pool after a year+ long absence, and even my Bruins are kicking serious ass this year (ask Boogie.)

I'm burying the lede a bit here: I'm taking another one of my regular breaks from The Bore. This honestly has nothing to do with the Cindi/Cream thing or anything else, it just feels like the right thing to do for me right now (and I've been thinking about it for months.) I estimate I'll be back in the summer, but honestly who knows? I have a life to live. :)

"Everyone has his or her own story. And this is a story that ends in the light. And... my story is just beginning."

👋🏻

I believe in you. Hate to see you go.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 09:56:00 PM by zomgee »
rub

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #4703 on: March 25, 2018, 10:20:50 PM »

👋🏻

Good for you.  Seriously.

I might take a break from the Bore (and social media) as well. But for completely different (i.e. negative) reasons. :noah

I kind of did that for the last couple months.  My job was so high stress that I just slunk home and would play vidya and sodomize my ex girlfriend.  I didn't go to the gym once, I stopped reading, and I developed a nasty habit of eating out for all my meals and with my slower early-mid 30s metabolism, the pounds started packing on at a rate that was shocking to me.  I might shitpost here and there but I didn't do much on the internet.  Decided to try to turn it all around starting this weekend and try to develop a more positive attitude :doge
🍆🍆

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4704 on: March 26, 2018, 09:17:45 AM »

I say probably.

I got a call back, made it out of the initial round. Final cuts are tonight.
rub

skullstorm

« Reply #4705 on: March 26, 2018, 10:45:19 AM »
I found a place that will take me for my school's practical training after I'd lost all hope of finding anywhere. Another place dicked me around after promising to take me on and told me that they can't take me after all, leaving me with just over a week to find a new place which pretty much meant that there was no way I'd find anywhere. I'm pretty relieved right now  :whew

Also chicken biryani tonight  :rejoice

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4706 on: March 26, 2018, 02:09:36 PM »
Negotiated a 30% pay raise today.  :doge
🤴

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4707 on: March 26, 2018, 06:43:17 PM »
 :whew :preach
rub

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4708 on: March 26, 2018, 06:43:57 PM »
Got unbanned from the bore :doge

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #4709 on: March 26, 2018, 09:33:14 PM »
You can get banned on the bore?  :doge
WDW

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4710 on: March 27, 2018, 12:46:16 AM »
Fuckin, right?

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4711 on: March 27, 2018, 07:54:09 AM »

I say probably.

Got a second call back. So many people tried out they needed to make an additional round of cuts after tonight.

Should find out after tonight if I'm in.
rub

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4712 on: March 27, 2018, 12:36:19 PM »

👋🏻

It's a good time to blow this joint for sure.

Bebpo

« Reply #4713 on: March 27, 2018, 09:01:04 PM »
Having a great day! Got the starting issue with my car finally fixed, along with my speaker that went out like 3 weeks ago suddenly on one side. Fixed the issue that was killing my phone by...buying a new phone for the first time in 3 years and got everything transferred and running good! Got repair people setup later this week to do some house repairs I've been putting off! Went for a walk at 6am this morning in the biting cold and got some pancakes,eggs,bacon,hashbrowns and coffee and it really hit the spot! Got Odelay on vinyl and it sounds AWESOME. Not sure if it's because most my memories are listening to it on a junk portable cd player for years as a teenager, but feels like the most impressive vinyl I've got so far and still amazing album!

Also got a Wong Kar-Wai book today that I found at the Hong Kong Film Library and ordered a copy for myself. WKW :heart
Speaking of WKW, before going to HK I wanted to watch Chungking Express which is one of my favorite films, but I looked through my BDs and didn't see it so I guess I stopped buying BDs and went streaming only before it came out on BD. Looked online and the Criterion BD was out of print and going for like $150+ so when I was in HK I looked around for a copy but didn't find one ;_;
But when I got back I found it in my BD library and I just missed it last time I checked! Excited to rewatch it now that I've been around Hong Kong.

Oh and got all my taxes for 2017 and first estimated for 2018 out today, so done with that for a couple months!

Just gotta sift through all my camera photos from the last two weeks and edit them for family sharing, but I'll put that off a bit more and do it later in the week. Here's a picture of me on a bear's ass in the meantime:

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4714 on: March 28, 2018, 12:35:49 AM »
a massive silver penis is a good look for you.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4715 on: March 28, 2018, 01:28:23 PM »

I say probably.

Got a second call back. So many people tried out they needed to make an additional round of cuts after tonight.

I got the call back. I have been cast as Mr. Mushnik in the local production of Little Shop of Horrors. I can't express how happy I am about this. I tried for Audrey II and I was too old for the other parts, but there was just so much talent. There's only 8 roles, and there is just so much talent in this area. People drove for hours to try for parts in this musical.

I was just having fun being in the auditions and singing the songs that helped form me as a kid but to be cast is beyond what I ever thought I could do.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 03:40:08 PM by zomgee »
rub

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4716 on: March 28, 2018, 03:48:48 PM »
Will you be wearing tights?  :shaq
©ZH

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4717 on: March 28, 2018, 04:20:10 PM »
rub

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4718 on: March 28, 2018, 06:04:30 PM »

I say probably.

I got the call back. I have been cast as Mr. Mushnik in the local production of Little Shop of Horrors. I can't express how happy I am about this. I tried for Audrey II and I was too old for the other parts, but there was just so much talent. There's only 8 roles, and there is just so much talent in this area. People drove for hours to try for parts in this musical.

I was just having fun being in the auditions and singing the songs that helped form me as a kid but to be cast is beyond what I ever thought I could do.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 08:15:48 PM by filler »

TVC15

« Reply #4719 on: March 29, 2018, 04:59:53 PM »
Just had a really good phone interview

spoiler (click to show/hide)
with Facebook :(
[close]
serge

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4720 on: March 29, 2018, 05:00:51 PM »
Just had a really good phone interview

spoiler (click to show/hide)
with Facebook :(
[close]
Why would they need to interview you when they already know everything about you?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4721 on: March 30, 2018, 10:39:34 AM »
so it seems like in June I'm going to go on a European tour of sorts for work.  The cool thing is that I have enough advanced notice this time and the schedule is more of my choosing that a coworker and I are planning on renting motorcycles and commuting that way across the continent.  That's bucket list type shit and I'm super excited.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4722 on: March 30, 2018, 01:27:00 PM »
That sounds straight bitchin

agrajag

« Reply #4723 on: April 02, 2018, 10:32:45 AM »
Whatever happened to the Walrus  :thinking

Raist

« Reply #4724 on: April 02, 2018, 06:20:54 PM »

Sitting in an English garden, waiting for the sun.

« Reply #4725 on: April 02, 2018, 06:43:34 PM »
I hate-hate-hate the subscription model for software. The idea that companies think they should be able to get an unending revenue stream for something they are not actively investing in is obscene. Accordingly:

I've canceled my Adobe "Creative Cloud" membership, in order to refocus on competitive apps. macOS Pixelmator is effectively Photoshop, except it's a fully OS-aware/advantageous app minus a tremendous amount of AdobeCruft. I also picked up Affinity Designer and Photo during their holiday sale in December, and hadn't even booted them up yet. :-/

I hate their subscription model. Sketch was $100 for life and I get updates for three years.
野球

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #4726 on: April 02, 2018, 08:29:51 PM »

The time had come to talk of other things. Of shoes, and ships and ceiling wax. Of cabbages and yaaaass queens.
WDW

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4727 on: April 02, 2018, 10:48:43 PM »
Had my second yearly review at work today and it went great!  Got a nice raise and an awesome bonus for "exceeding expectations" all-around.  Really felt good to feel appreciated after the shithole that was my previous job.
ど助平

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #4728 on: April 03, 2018, 02:46:08 AM »
Got some of the cat poop coffee from our Indonesian distributor!
brb

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4729 on: April 03, 2018, 10:51:14 AM »
©@©™

TVC15

« Reply #4730 on: April 05, 2018, 10:07:56 AM »
In honor of employment I bought 800 dollars worth of shoes this morning.
serge

Raist

« Reply #4731 on: April 05, 2018, 03:46:15 PM »
Mods pls, nudemac hacked tvc's account.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #4732 on: April 05, 2018, 03:50:08 PM »
Went to the theater to watch a LOTR play. Was pretty cool even though i usually don't like theater.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4733 on: April 05, 2018, 09:05:02 PM »
That feeling when someone that doesn't report to you thinks they have a better in with their boss than you and says, "Well, if this is what it's going to be like go ahead and have my boss fire me. I don't care."
And you say, "Very well. I can make that happen."
And you see the panic in their face.
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4734 on: April 05, 2018, 10:31:13 PM »
That feeling when someone that doesn't report to you thinks they have a better in with their boss than you and says, "Well, if this is what it's going to be like go ahead and have my boss fire me. I don't care."

FINISH HIM!

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4735 on: April 05, 2018, 11:57:41 PM »
Got 50k in my checking account.  That should get me through 2 years if I run out of Ph.D. funding.  feels good man. 

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4736 on: April 06, 2018, 12:19:55 AM »

FINISH HIM!
que

Coax

« Reply #4737 on: April 06, 2018, 01:45:26 AM »

jorma

« Reply #4738 on: April 06, 2018, 05:33:32 AM »

American workplaces sound like such utter shitholes it's not even funny. Ok, it's a bit funny  :lol
A little job security and a decent union seems to go a long way to make people a bit more chill at work.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4739 on: April 06, 2018, 08:39:29 PM »

American workplaces sound like such utter shitholes it's not even funny. Ok, it's a bit funny  :lol
A little job security and a decent union seems to go a long way to make people a bit more chill at work.
You're not wrong about any of that.
que