Author Topic: Catch-all Cop Thread  (Read 139396 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Catch-all Cop Thread
« Reply #660 on: January 18, 2017, 01:17:46 AM »
he resisted? looks like he pulled over and put his hands in the air

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #661 on: January 19, 2017, 05:17:04 AM »
he resisted? looks like he pulled over and put his hands in the air
Yeah but he was black.
Hi

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #662 on: January 19, 2017, 07:49:22 AM »
thug

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

helios

« Reply #665 on: January 21, 2017, 03:16:21 PM »
The private sector always pays more.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #666 on: January 21, 2017, 03:17:55 PM »
I want to see a job ad for brutish people.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #667 on: January 21, 2017, 07:15:21 PM »
The private sector always pays more.

True.

I'll take our job security over their's six days a week and twice on Sunday though.  :smug
MMA

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
MMA

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #670 on: January 31, 2017, 11:45:12 AM »
wow unbelievable who could have guessed
pcp

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #671 on: February 01, 2017, 12:22:10 AM »
wow unbelievable who could have guessed

Jay Dubya?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #672 on: February 06, 2017, 09:52:08 PM »

:lol

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #673 on: February 06, 2017, 10:14:51 PM »
"It's all LEGAL sir"

I'm gonna die and go to hell for laughing this hard.

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #675 on: February 23, 2017, 10:21:40 PM »

Seriously hope this dude does time. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #676 on: March 12, 2017, 08:15:04 PM »

I'm recording this in case something happens

STOP RECORDING ME

It's my right; I know my rights

IT'S ILLEGAL

Why is it illegal

I DON'T LIKE IT

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #677 on: March 15, 2017, 01:02:56 PM »
I'm sure JD is going to come in here and own up to all of his BS about the Michael Brown case now. Any minute!

http://www.theroot.com/everything-you-think-you-know-about-the-death-of-mike-b-1793261221

As part of a civil suit filed last year against Wilson, a court document reveals some stunning admissions from the former Ferguson police officer. In a court docket filed Dec. 28, the cop who killed Brown admitted to using racial slurs, cursing at Brown before he was killed and grabbing him without provocation.
yar

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #678 on: March 15, 2017, 02:57:26 PM »
pcp

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #679 on: March 24, 2017, 06:39:35 PM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #680 on: March 27, 2017, 06:27:31 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #683 on: May 02, 2017, 08:24:47 AM »
http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/local/gwinnett-county-deals-with-aftermath-of-officer-brutality-videos/article_14fa21ff-e9b4-5481-b6c2-a49d04d75e93.html

“In many cases, justice calls for a conscientious and thorough prosecution,” according to a solicitor’s office press release. “However, when police officers betray the public’s trust and confidence, justice demands that all those cases that depend on their credibility be dismissed without delay.”

MADNESS!
rub

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #684 on: May 02, 2017, 08:28:05 PM »
The jury in the Walter Scott case said it can't agree on a verdict, the judge told them to go back and deliberate further.

Since they're all sort of blurring together for a lot of us, that's this one:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

No blood or dead body, but a still shot from the video showing where Scott was and how he was facing when he got shot.
The officer has struck a plea bargain where he'll be guilty of violating Scott's rights, but no manslaughter/homicide charges.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #685 on: May 02, 2017, 08:49:05 PM »
WTF

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #686 on: May 02, 2017, 08:50:28 PM »
The jury in the Walter Scott case said it can't agree on a verdict, the judge told them to go back and deliberate further.

Since they're all sort of blurring together for a lot of us, that's this one:
[close]

No blood or dead body, but a still shot from the video showing where Scott was and how he was facing when he got shot.
The officer has struck a plea bargain where he'll be guilty of violating Scott's rights, but no manslaughter/homicide charges.

What kind of happy horseshit is that?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #687 on: May 03, 2017, 12:58:33 AM »
A violation of civil rights is a federal charge, whereas homicide and manslaughter are state charges. The federal government has used civil rights statutes to prosecute law enforcement abuses before in cases where the local judicial system didn't produce a conviction for whatever reason (pretty sure this happened with the Rodney King beating). So I'd venture the DoJ stepped in after the mistrial, and had some leverage since the jury was reportedly 11-1 for convicting.

Apparently this could carry a sentence up to life. We'll see.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #688 on: May 03, 2017, 03:42:07 AM »
A violation of civil rights is a federal charge, whereas homicide and manslaughter are state charges. The federal government has used civil rights statutes to prosecute law enforcement abuses before in cases where the local judicial system didn't produce a conviction for whatever reason (pretty sure this happened with the Rodney King beating). So I'd venture the DoJ stepped in after the mistrial, and had some leverage since the jury was reportedly 11-1 for convicting.

Apparently this could carry a sentence up to life. We'll see.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #690 on: May 18, 2017, 08:49:53 AM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #691 on: May 18, 2017, 08:16:08 PM »

You've GOT to wonder what goes through the head of a guy who says, I know, I'll get out of my car and take my rifle with me.

There's part of me that wishes this is the way it would have gone down in the video of the four-or-five guys who thought they could walk into a police station with their open-carry rifles.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #692 on: May 28, 2017, 06:56:27 PM »

Fuck.  That's the fucking terrifying nightmare scenario right there.  :-\

I am amazed at that officer's restraint and clear-headed-ness to have only fired that one round at buddy, and to just hold him drawn there waiting for backup.    Right after that charge, he could have been justified in unloading his whole magazine into that fucker and no one would have batted an eye.   That's a cop with nerves of steel right there.

I am relieved that's a scenario I don't really have to deal with in my job.  I mean, yes, I do dangerous shit, I kick in doors in meth labs for cryin' out loud, but that's all stuff that has lots of preparation to deal with the risks.  Anytime I watch videos of traffic stops gone bad, I get chills and goosebumps, and sometimes nearly get sick, because I can put myself in that situation, and I know that it's the surprise and random nature of when they go bad that too often results in an officer dying in the line of duty.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 07:19:59 PM by Boogie »
MMA

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #693 on: May 28, 2017, 07:07:06 PM »
Anyhowww, in news closer to home for me:

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/halton-police-say-officer-charged-after-drug-exhibits-allegedly-tampered-with-1.3432930

Halton Regional Police say a 16-year veteran of the force has been arrested and charged with breach of trust and theft after approximately 30 drug exhibits were allegedly tampered with over a three-year period.

The Toronto Police Service began their criminal investigation into the matter in December 2016 and their probe resulted in the arrest of Halton Regional Police Staff Sgt. Brad Murray.
Halton police say Murray was a member and supervisor of the drug and morality unit from January 2013 to May 2016 and it is during that time that police allege the criminal offences occurred.

Murray is facing two counts of breach of trust, two counts of theft under $5,000 and obstructing justice.
He has been suspended from duty with pay, a stipulation outlined in the Police Services Act of Ontario.
Halton police say in addition to the charges, Murray will also face disciplinary procedures in accordance with the Police Services Act.

I actually had a run-in with this asshole on a Joint-Forces investigation a few years back.  And all I will say is that I have the weirdest boner right now as a result of this news.  Maybe karma does exist.
MMA

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #694 on: May 29, 2017, 04:06:34 AM »
Anyhowww, in news closer to home for me:

Wow. Stay safe.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #695 on: May 31, 2017, 11:47:41 PM »

another terrifying video. 

Tasty

« Reply #696 on: May 31, 2017, 11:50:39 PM »
Fuck u dandy whore

Edit- Sorry, actually don't fuck u. You're cool.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #697 on: June 09, 2017, 10:35:34 AM »

that's a bystander they are kicking while hes on fire
[close]

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #699 on: June 17, 2017, 08:22:44 AM »
A forensic expert at trial said the bullets came close to hitting Reynolds and her daughter, but the jury also acquitted Yanez of endangering their lives with his gunfire.

He said that the deliberations were “very, very hard” and that the jury spent a lot of time on the idea of “culpable negligence,” where a suspect creates the unreasonable risk of death.
Castile did what he was supposed to when you're carrying, right? Inform the officer, wait for further instructions. Let's assume they argued he shouldn't have carried*, aren't they watering down the right to carry?

*I'm gonna assume nobody openly argued "because scary black man"

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #700 on: June 17, 2017, 09:20:35 AM »
"because scary black man" was their actual defense. and it won.
pcp

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #701 on: June 17, 2017, 01:29:07 PM »
"The defense also brought up the fact that THC, a chemical found in marijuana, was found in Castile’s system, and could have impacted his reactions."
 ::)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #702 on: June 17, 2017, 02:54:48 PM »
"The defense also brought up the fact that THC, a chemical found in marijuana, was found in Castile’s system, and could have impacted his reactions."
 ::)

victim was no angel ect.
dog

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #703 on: June 20, 2017, 05:32:05 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/national/minn-police-officer-found-not-guilty-philando-castile-death-article-1.3253452

:maf :maf :maf :'(

Dash cam footage has been released to the public. Apparently you can hear Castile telling the officer that he's not reaching for his gun before being shot.

Don't have it in me to watch the video myself today. No link but it'll be easy enough to find.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #704 on: June 20, 2017, 05:37:44 PM »
http://www.theroot.com/dashcam-footage-of-philando-castile-shooting-released-1796273817

seriously WTF

“Uh but uh as that was happening as he was pulling at, out his hand I thought, I was gonna die and I thought if he’s, if he has the, the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five year old girl and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke and the front seat passenger doing the same thing then what, what care does he give about me?”
http://www.startribune.com/case-file-in-philando-castile-shooting-to-be-made-public-today/429659263/
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:42:17 PM by TheInfelicitousDandy »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #705 on: June 20, 2017, 06:57:22 PM »
http://www.theroot.com/dashcam-footage-of-philando-castile-shooting-released-1796273817

seriously WTF

“Uh but uh as that was happening as he was pulling at, out his hand I thought, I was gonna die and I thought if he’s, if he has the, the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five year old girl and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke and the front seat passenger doing the same thing then what, what care does he give about me?”
http://www.startribune.com/case-file-in-philando-castile-shooting-to-be-made-public-today/429659263/

This whole situation makes me so angry I feel literally dizzy. I can't imagine how the jury managed to clear him on any of this.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #706 on: June 20, 2017, 07:28:48 PM »
I mean I understand how it can happen.

The cop asks for id, while getting it he says I have a gun.  Officer then has a split second to process 'gun' and says 'don't reach for it', philando says 'I'm not' but maybe still goes for id, cop says 'don't reach for it' twice more then starts firing. 

1)  Officer should have said, 'put your hands on the wheel' or in general should not have been so reved up after being informed by the dude that he had a gun. 

2)  While philando should have kept his hands the wheel while telling the officer, I dont feel like this is super important.  If you live in a society that allows guns to be carried around you need to have social protocols that are slack enough to let a 1 second miscommunication not end in someone dying.

3)  The officer made a decision to takes someones life rather than risk his own even a bit and in this situation with this video this is very up setting, he could have waited half a second more and no one would have died.  I don't think I'm wrong in expecting better of an officer and thinking that they should be more accepting of the risks of their job.  There also needs to be consequences for failure to preform when it results in a death other than being out of a job.       

4) This just contributes to the larger theme that cops will not be persecuted by juries, which erodes the whole belief that people can come to the state to get justice.  This is on top of actually getting evidence that cops might have done something wrong and on top of just getting cops to be on trial in the first place.  If this happened on its own its a tragedy, but with everything else its a stacked system in favour of police. 

5) This happened due to a system of racism and gun culture.  If he was white i bet this wouldn't have happened.  If every officer wasn't thinking everyone could have a handgun, this wouldn't have happened. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 07:44:28 PM by TheInfelicitousDandy »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #707 on: June 20, 2017, 07:53:13 PM »
5) This happened due to a system of racism and gun culture.  If he was white i bet this wouldn't have happened.  If every officer wasn't thinking everyone could have a handgun, this wouldn't have happened.
Unfortunately these are also the circumstances that are most difficult to change. :-\

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #708 on: June 20, 2017, 09:22:29 PM »
Yeah, you take a culture that's pushing for more guns in more places for more people, toss in a little of the 'ol "scary black man who looks like a robber", and this is the end result. Unfortunately, I'm not at all surprised by the outcome of the initial stop or even the trial, most people have decided that this is world that it's okay for all of us to have to live in. I dunno if it's ever going to change, or what it could possibly take for it to change. I mean, a sizable portion of Americans won't even acknowledge that racism even still exists.
dog

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #710 on: June 24, 2017, 08:51:31 AM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-st-louis-police-officer-shoots-off-duty-black-officer/
Two officers "challenged the off-duty officer and ordered him to the ground," the department said. The officer complied and once they recognized him the on-duty officers told him "to stand up and walk toward them."

At about the same time, another officer who had just arrived on the scene saw what was happening and "fearing for his safety and apparently not recognizing the off-duty officer, discharged a shot, striking the off-duty officer in the arm."

Honest mistake, huh?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #711 on: June 25, 2017, 05:48:43 PM »

:nsfw

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #713 on: July 12, 2017, 08:19:58 PM »
It's really difficult to see officers like these as anything but powertripping sadists.

It's also jarring that he's calling him a "bad guy". Such an almost infantile contrast to what they're doing.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 08:28:09 PM by Rufus »

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #714 on: July 12, 2017, 08:37:41 PM »
The VO sounds like an AM Zoo Crew producer ffs

chronovore

• relapsed dev

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #716 on: July 14, 2017, 01:57:12 PM »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/abusive-chicago-cop-hoarded-racist-websites-for-years

Before he was accused of beating a handcuffed African-American woman, a Chicago Police sergeant registered a racist URL: n**gadown.com.

George Granias, a sergeant at the heart of a recently settled police brutality lawsuit, purchased at least two websites with racial slurs in their titles, his alleged victim’s lawyer says. The domain names include URLs like n**gaguns.com, the legal team first told CBS Chicago. An investigation by The Daily Beast revealed a series of other domains registered to Granias’ name and address, including “murdertech.com,” “necroarmy.com,” and in a jab to Illinois’ former governor, “patquinnsucks.com”.
At least one publicly available domain name database still linked Granias with n**gadown.com on Wednesday, the day CBS Chicago first reported that Shiller had discovered Granias’ stash of domain names. That same day, a person calling himself George Granias asked the website to remove the page that listed him as the owner of n**gadown.com.

“Please remove my info from n**gadown.com,” the person posting under the name George Granias wrote on Wednesday. “I haven’t owned it in years and your information is false.”

Though the website is no longer active, Granias’ registration is still active and does not expire until the end of the year, website registration data shows.

But Granias owns a number of other domain names, The Daily Beast has learned. Among them are “n**gaguns.com,” a handful of violently named sites like “murdertech.com” and “deathcomescalling.com,” and a series of vaguely pornographic names like “supremegirl.com,” “naomiscarlet.com,” and “conditionaldating.com”. Granias also registered “patquinnsucks.com,” “necroarmy.com,” and two domains with the name of a local Chicago university.

can't wait for the MURDERTECH and SUPREME GIRL team up film DEATH COMES CALLING where they take on the NECRO ARMY

the Granias Online Film Universe is going to be sweeeeet

G The Resurrected

« Reply #717 on: July 14, 2017, 02:02:17 PM »
This doesn't look right or good

Fucking hell if that doesn't look shady as shit. You can see they were setting up for something. You've got two officer vehicles right there on the street and a uc doing the break in using gloves. WTF!

We need to take back jails from the private sector. They are incentivizing and changing laws to their favor and corrupting cops.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #718 on: July 20, 2017, 01:42:43 PM »
Not defending the cop who did this, but:

Fox News’ Tucker Carlson went so far as to claim the mainstream media is engaged in a deliberate cover-up of the officer’s nationality. On the July 18 edition of his show, Carlson said, "Mohamed Noor was an immigrant from Somalia. Is that a relevant fact? We don't know. But it's being treated as one by many news organizations. How do you know that? Because they're not reporting it."

First Somali-Muslim Police Officer in Minnesota Kills Blonde Yoga Instructor in Cold Blood

Unarmed White Woman Murdered In Minnesota, Dems SILENT After Shooter's ID Revealed…

Somali Cop Mohamed Noor Shoots MN Woman Dead as She Was Speaking to His Partner

First Migrant Muslim Police Officer MURDERS Blonde Girl in COLD BLOOD – You Won’t Believe DISGUSTING Reason Why!

KILLER COP MOHAMED NOOR WAS 'DIVERSITY' HIRE

WASHINGTON POST WORRIES ABOUT “ISLAMOPHOBIA” AFTER SOMALI COP KILLS WHITE WOMAN

:thinking
dog

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #719 on: July 21, 2017, 12:07:24 AM »
This sounds like I'm calling you out, and I guess I sorta am in a friendly way, but did you check those links first?

I mean, I just hovered over them and I see WorldNutDaily, Gateway Pundit, InfoWars, Freedom Daily and Washington Feed, which are all conservative, nuttery and/or both or worse. I'll just assume the last one is the same. :lol