Author Topic: Catch-all Cop Thread  (Read 139488 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: Catch-all Cop Thread
« Reply #720 on: July 21, 2017, 09:51:13 AM »
Well, I mean, that's kinda my point, though. They're the people/sites that will bend over backward to defend every cop that shoots a black person, call BLM a terrorist organization, and dig up and repeat any kind of negative information about every cop-shooting victim, but as soon as it's a dark-skinned cop and a white woman the narrative instantly changes to "DIRTY IMMIGRANTS/MUSLIMS KILLING OUR WOMEN DEMS SILENT!!!"
dog

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #721 on: July 21, 2017, 07:23:00 PM »
o i c  sorry, i thought the links were responding to Tucker's THE MEDIA IS COVERING IT UP "question"

i will schedule a struggle session

benjipwns

« Reply #722 on: July 21, 2017, 09:44:41 PM »
Minneapolis chief of police Janeé Harteau resigned Friday, forced out by the city’s mayor nearly a week after a police officer fatally shot an Australian woman who had called 911.
Mayor Betsy Hodges, who has previously called the lack of body-camera footage of the shooting “unacceptable,” said in a statement, “I’ve lost confidence in the Chief’s ability to lead us further.”

“For us to continue to transform policing — and community trust in policing — we need new leadership at MPD.”

Protesters overwhelmed Hodges’ press conference Friday evening with chants of “no justice, no peace, prosecute the police.”

In a statement tweeted by the Minneapolis Police Department, Harteau said that “I have decided to step aside to let a fresh set of leadership eyes see what more can be done for the MPD to be the best it can be.”

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #723 on: July 21, 2017, 10:41:55 PM »
I had high hopes for Harteau. I mean, you'd think a lesbian police chief would be keen to serving the disenfranchised a little bit better, but sometimes you get the same book with a nicer cover I guess.

Himu

« Reply #724 on: July 23, 2017, 10:15:25 PM »
I'm sick and tired of the Australian story. Any time a black person is killed by police people fall over themselves to justify it. Black cop kills white woman and suddenly people care about cops killing people. They don't try to disparage her character. I hear nothing of "she had weed in her system" or anything. Shit like this is what drove me to utterly despise white people to the point of simmering hate with the thought that they are disgusting race. I hate their society and their culture that they have created and this is an example of it in its most pure disgusting form. So I'm really trying hard not to let it get to me, which is nearly impossible. All I can do is pray to God and ask for the strength of forgiveness.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #725 on: July 23, 2017, 11:00:04 PM »
Here's hoping he gets off scot free. If Philandro Castille can't have justice, neither can she.
IYKYK

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #726 on: July 24, 2017, 08:38:38 AM »
Two wrongs don't make a right.
WDW

Himu

« Reply #727 on: July 24, 2017, 12:30:20 PM »
If there is justice in one case but not in the other is there truly any justice?
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #728 on: July 30, 2017, 11:17:11 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/07/28/trump-tells-police-not-to-worry-about-injuring-suspects-during-arrests/?utm_term=.c86b6140fa02

“When you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over?” Trump said, miming the physical motion of an officer shielding a suspect’s head to keep it from bumping against the squad car.

“Like, don’t hit their head, and they just killed somebody — don’t hit their head,” Trump continued. “I said, you can take the hand away, okay?”

[...]

Trump’s remarks were criticized by law enforcement officials including the Houston police chief and agencies including the Gainesville, Fla., police department. His comments also drew a rebuke from the International Association of Chiefs of Police. In a statement Friday, the group did not specifically mention Trump by name but appeared to respond to his speech by stressing the importance of treating all people, including suspects, with respect.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #729 on: July 30, 2017, 11:18:52 AM »
Miranda ? Who is she ? A 4 at best, am I right ?
ὕβρις

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #730 on: July 31, 2017, 10:50:57 AM »

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #731 on: July 31, 2017, 11:23:42 AM »
"Las vegas... new mexico?" lmao

zomgee

• We've *all*
rub

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #733 on: July 31, 2017, 05:29:30 PM »
"Las vegas... new mexico?" lmao

There's a Las Vegas in New Mexico, about 50 miles from where the arrest happened.
dog

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #734 on: July 31, 2017, 05:34:00 PM »
Well aren't I an asshole then :(

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #735 on: July 31, 2017, 05:44:21 PM »
yes lmao

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #736 on: July 31, 2017, 10:12:16 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/07/28/trump-tells-police-not-to-worry-about-injuring-suspects-during-arrests/?utm_term=.c86b6140fa02

“When you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over?” Trump said, miming the physical motion of an officer shielding a suspect’s head to keep it from bumping against the squad car.

“Like, don’t hit their head, and they just killed somebody — don’t hit their head,” Trump continued. “I said, you can take the hand away, okay?”

[...]

Trump’s remarks were criticized by law enforcement officials including the Houston police chief and agencies including the Gainesville, Fla., police department. His comments also drew a rebuke from the International Association of Chiefs of Police. In a statement Friday, the group did not specifically mention Trump by name but appeared to respond to his speech by stressing the importance of treating all people, including suspects, with respect.

Fuck you, Trump.
MMA

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #737 on: July 31, 2017, 10:20:43 PM »
Fuck you, Trump.
The more worrisome thing to me is that watching the video, it was a big applause line, in front of a crowd of LEOs.

It's also been pointed out that there are lots of statements from police departments pushing back, but not a ton from the unions/FOPs.

We got a problem in this country.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #742 on: August 14, 2017, 11:38:49 AM »
Think its the police with the whole yin-yang thing going on. 

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #743 on: August 14, 2017, 10:01:21 PM »
I found this interesting, so there. (That sounds strangely adverserial, but whatever.)
https://extranewsfeed.com/un-qualified-immunity-88a2b65eaa38

benjipwns

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #746 on: September 06, 2017, 04:01:38 PM »
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #748 on: October 18, 2017, 02:45:35 AM »
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-krispy-kreme-glaze-orlando-police-20171012-story.html
The City of Orlando paid $37,500 to a man to settle a lawsuit after police officers arrested him for what they thought was meth but was actually tiny flakes of glaze from a Krispy Kreme doughnut.
Cpl. Shelby Riggs-Hopkins pulled Rushing over on the afternoon of December 11, 2015, ostensibly because he did not make a complete stop as he pulled out of a 7-Eleven parking lot and subsequently exceeded the speed limit. But those offenses seem to have been pretexts. Riggs-Hopkins had been keeping an eye on the convenience store because of "citizen complaints about drug activity" and thought it was suspicious that Rushing, who was giving a lift to a friend, left without buying anything, in the company of a "black female employee of the 7-11."

When Rushing opened his wallet to retrieve his driver's license, Riggs-Hopkins noticed that he had a concealed-carry permit and asked if he was armed. He said he was, and she asked him to get out of his car "for my safety." At that point Riggs-Hopkins "observed in plain view a rock-like substance on the floor board where his feet were." The cop recalled that she "recognized, through my eleven years of training and experience as a law enforcement officer, the substance to be some sort of narcotic." The suspect "stated that the substance is sugar from a Krispy Kreme Donut that he ate," but Riggs-Hopkins knew better: Two field tests of the "rock-like substance" gave "a positive indication for the presence of amphetamines."

Rushing said Riggs-Hopkins initially was not sure what "sort of narcotic" she had discovered. "I kept telling them, 'That's…glaze from a doughnut," Rushing told the Orlando Sentinel. "They tried to say it was crack cocaine at first. Then they said, 'No, it's meth, crystal meth.'"

Adding insult to injury, Rushing was accused of possessing meth "with a weapon" (his legally carried handgun), which made a third-degree felony, punishable by up to five years in prison, into a second-degree felony, punishable by up to 15 years in prison. He was handcuffed and taken to the county jail, where he was strip-searched and locked up for 10 hours before being released on $2,500 bail.
Another test, this time performed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, determined it was sugar from the doughnut.

Orlando police ended up training more than 730 officers on how to properly use the field test kits.

Riggs-Hopkins was given a written reprimand for making an improper arrest.
When asked how many other road-side drug tests have produced false positive results, an OPD spokeswoman wrote, "At this time, we have no responsive records. … There is no mechanism in place for easily tracking the number of, or results of, field drug testing."

FDLE spokeswoman Molly Best wrote that her agency has no information about the prevalence of false-positive field drug tests.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #749 on: October 18, 2017, 12:10:02 PM »
You'd expect a cop would know their donuts.

Corporal

« Reply #752 on: November 16, 2017, 07:12:22 AM »
They are damn lucky it only ended with a brawl and some egg on their face. Given the lack of planning and the nature of the operations that clashed there, I mean. Guns drawn and all.

Hilarious though.
!list

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #753 on: November 16, 2017, 01:15:20 PM »
Do they all get charged with entrapment?   :doge
©ZH

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #755 on: December 07, 2017, 05:04:14 PM »
Appropriate result.
MMA

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #756 on: December 08, 2017, 03:51:59 PM »
The graphic video, recorded by Brailsford’s body camera, shows Shaver and the woman exiting the hotel room and immediately complying with the officer’s demand that they lay down on the ground.

Shaver immediately puts his hands in the air and lays down on the ground while informing the officer that no one else was in the hotel room.

“If you make a mistake, another mistake, there is a very severe possibility that you’re both going to get shot. Do you understand?” Brailsford says, before telling Shaver to “shut up.”

“I’m not here to be tactical and diplomatic with you. You listen. You obey,” Brailsford says.

For the next five minutes, Brailsford gives Shaver a series of instructions. First, the officer tells Shaver to put both of his hands on top of his head, then he instructs him to cross his left foot over his right foot.

“If you move, we’re going to consider that a threat and we are going to deal with it and you may not survive it,” Brailsford said.

The officer then has the woman crawl down the hallway, where she is taken into custody. Shaver remains on the ground in the hallway, his hands on his head.

The officer tells Shaver to keep his legs crossed and push himself up into a kneeling position. As Shaver pushes himself up, his legs come uncrossed, prompting the officer to scream at him.

“I’m sorry,” Shaver says, placing his hands near his waist, prompting another round of screaming.

“You do that again, we’re shooting you, do you understand?” Brailsford yells.

“Please do not shoot me,” Shaver begs, his hands up straight in the air.

At the officer’s command, Shaver then crawls down the hallway, sobbing. At one point, he reaches back — possibly to pull up his shorts — and Brailsford opens fire, striking Shaver five times.

...the officer involved was acquitted of second-degree murder charges...

What in the absolute hell.
dog

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #757 on: December 08, 2017, 06:31:12 PM »
It's now ok for cops to kill random unarmed white people - equality at last!
Hi

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #758 on: December 08, 2017, 09:19:04 PM »
The judge did not allow jurors to hear about an etching on the dust cover of the rifle Brailsford used to shoot Shaver, which said "You're f--ked," because he felt it was prejudicial.
http://reason.com/blog/2017/12/08/arizona-cop-acquitted-for-killing-man-cr

Yeah, that would look bad, wouldn't it.

benjipwns

« Reply #759 on: January 19, 2018, 06:43:03 PM »
http://www.wdrb.com/story/37305301/prospect-assistant-police-chief-told-lmpd-recruit-to-shoot-black-people
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – The former assistant police chief of Prospect told a Louisville Metro Police recruit that, if he catches juveniles smoking marijuana, he should "shoot them” if they are black, according to documents released Friday.

Todd Shaw, who resigned from the suburban Louisville department late last year, sent several “highly disturbing racist and threatening Facebook messages” to the recruit, Jefferson County Attorney Mike O’Connell wrote in a letter to Prospect Mayor John Evans on Aug. 31.

Shaw had fought to keep the messages private after media outlets requested them under Kentucky’s open records law. Jefferson Circuit Court Judge Judith McDonald-Burkman ruled this week that the records must be released.

Shaw was initially suspended with pay on Sept. 1. Prospect Police Chief Jeff Sherrard was not in the office Friday and could not be reached for comment.

In an interview, Evans said that after receiving O'Connell's letter, "the human reaction would be to fire" Shaw, but the department needed to conduct its own investigation.
Shaw served with LMPD for more than 20 years before joining the Prospect department in 2012. In one of the Facebook messages, the LMPD recruit asked Shaw what to do in a scenario in which he catches three juveniles smoking marijuana.

The question was part of a paper the recruit was writing about “the right thing to do,” according to O’Connell’s letter.

“F--- the right thing,” Shaw allegedly responded. “If black shoot them.”

And as for what to tell the parents of the juveniles, Shaw said: “… call their (pa)rents … if mom is hot then f--- her … if dad is hot then handcuff him and make him suck my d---,” according to O’Connell’s letter.

Shaw continued, “Unless daddy is black. … Then shoot him.”

O’Connell told Evans that prosecutors found the Facebook messages while screening a case for possible criminal prosecution against Shaw.

Shaw was under investigation for allegedly interfering in the sexual abuse probe of the Louisville Metro Police’s Explorer program, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the case.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #760 on: January 19, 2018, 08:30:09 PM »
The other day I listened to the 'My favourite murder' episode on Christopher Dorner and was reminded that cops shot 2 white women and a white surfer dude while looking for a black guy.  I then looked it up and none of these cops faced any penalty.   Which I remember being angry at last year when that was decided but forgot that they got off then got pissed off again when I looked it up. 

benjipwns

« Reply #761 on: January 19, 2018, 08:41:41 PM »
To be fair, I believe those women were driving a completely different make, model and color vehicle from what police were looking for.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #762 on: January 31, 2018, 06:33:32 AM »
https://boingboing.net/2018/01/30/for-a-few-thousand-bucks-detr.html

tl;dr — detroit moves closer to our dystopian libertarian future by prioritizing member enrolled in a for-pay package.

I'm oversimplifying, but their PR department could have done a better job not making this look like pay-to-play for something we're all paying for in taxes.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #763 on: January 31, 2018, 07:16:58 AM »
A potentially mandatory 6000k enrollment fee so that the police might actually do their job lol.
 Jesus, and it's run by fucking Comcast, so it probably won't even fucking work half the time

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #764 on: January 31, 2018, 11:23:16 AM »
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-gun-trace-task-force-gttf-testimony-highlights-20180126-story.html

Ward said the officers kept BB guns in their vehicles “in case we accidentally hit somebody or got into a shootout, so we could plant them.” He did not say whether the officers ever planted a BB gun on anyone.

In one incident, police took a man’s house keys, ran his name through databases to find his address, went into the home without a warrant and found drugs and a safe. The officers cracked open the safe, which had about $200,000 inside. They took $100,000 out, closed the safe back up, then filmed themselves pretending to open it for the first time. “Nobody touch anything,” Jenkins can be heard saying on the video, which was played for jurors.

Lot more shit is coming out of this case. Not the least of which is one of the guys that was supposed to testify was shot (with his own gun) a day before he was set to testify.  :comeon
©@©™

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #765 on: February 01, 2018, 03:36:26 AM »
My favorite part of that case is that after the officer was shot with his own gun the police held Harlem Park under quasi-martial law for days "investigating" their own crime.

100% normal country.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #766 on: April 25, 2018, 10:54:38 AM »
Kevin Raymond Curtis, of Augusta, held up an evidence bag Tuesday containing two small, clear plastic bags of a white sandy material.

Police had suspected the grainy substance was heroin.

It was actually his father.

On Saturday, Kevin Curtis had lent his 2006 Chevrolet Impala to a friend, Jess Legendre, 31, of Livermore Falls, to go to the grocery store. Curtis said he was unaware Legrendre’s license had been suspended. Police said Legendre’s license had been revoked because he was a habitual offender.

While Legendre was traveling along Prescott Road in Manchester, the vehicle went off the road, struck and broke a utility pole and ended up in a ditch.

Initially, investigators thought he was under the influence of heroin, and emergency responders used the opioid-overdose reversal drug Narcan on him to revive him after he appeared to pass out while rummaging through the glove box for paperwork. Deputies found the small bags of powder and suspected they contained heroin. A second dose of Narcan was administered later at MaineGeneral Medical Center, where Legendre was taken for treatment.

https://www.centralmaine.com/2018/04/24/tests-show-powder-seized-by-police-after-car-crash-were-human-remains-not-heroin/

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #768 on: May 27, 2018, 01:58:06 PM »
And as for what to tell the parents of the juveniles, Shaw said: “… call their (pa)rents … if mom is hot then f--- her … if dad is hot then handcuff him and make him suck my d---,” according to O’Connell’s letter.
:drool :drool :drool

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #769 on: May 28, 2018, 12:19:15 PM »

kingv

« Reply #770 on: May 28, 2018, 01:20:34 PM »
The comments I have seen on that video are proof we are in a post-racial society.

A lot of Americans (or Russian bots pretending to be American) as willing to defend cops god-given right to ground pound anyone that looks at them sideways.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #771 on: May 29, 2018, 10:49:41 AM »
The comments I have seen on that video are proof we are in a post-racial society.

A lot of Americans (or Russian bots pretending to be American) as willing to defend cops god-given right to ground pound anyone that looks at them sideways.

Except when it happens to them. Then their rights would have been violated.
©ZH

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #772 on: June 03, 2018, 06:11:07 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #774 on: June 29, 2018, 12:05:52 PM »
https://theappeal.org/a-black-man-called-the-cops-nazis-and-was-charged-with-a-hate-crime/
On Sept. 23, 2016, Robbie Sanderson, a 52-year-old Black man from North Carolina, was arrested for retail theft by in Crafton, a small town near Pittsburgh.

During the arrest, Sanderson called police “Nazis,” “skinheads” and “Gestapo,” according to an affidavit of probable cause filed by the Crafton Borough police.

For that, he was charged with a hate crime.
The police approached Sanderson by the cash registers, detained him, and searched his backpack, according to the affidavit. Inside the backpack, police allegedly found a little more than $100 worth of stolen merchandise, including beef jerky and Dr. Scholl’s shoe inserts.

After Sanderson called the police derogatory names, the affidavit states, he also told them “that’s why motherfuckers are killing y’all out here” and “all you cops just shoot people for no reason.”

And police said that Sanderson told one officer, Brian Tully, that he was going to find his wife and have sex with her.

Tully then charged Sanderson with summary retail theft for allegedly stealing the items from the CVS, as well as misdemeanor terroristic threats, institutional vandalism and resisting arrest for incidents that occurred during the arrest, according to court records.

Sanderson was also charged with “felony ethnic intimidation”—Pennsylvania’s hate crime statute—for making angry comments to the police.
Sanderson is not the only Pennsylvania resident to face ethnic intimidation charges for what appears to be simply making comments to the police that could be considered racist. The Appeal identified at least three other such cases in the state in 2016.

In January that year, Sannetta Amoroso, a 43-year-old Black woman from Pittsburgh, was charged with multiple counts of first-degree felony ethnic intimidation by McKees Rocks police Officer Brandy Harcha. According to police, Amoroso became angry while trying to report a crime and said “I’m going to kill all you white bitches” and “death to all you white bitches.”

Then in June, Pennsylvania State Police Trooper Robert Wareham charged Steven Ray Oller, 47, of Chambersburg, with misdemeanor ethnic intimidation for threatening officers and using a racial slur directed at a Latinx trooper during an arrest for suspected DUI.

And in August, Trooper James Welsh of the state police charged Seneca Anthony Payne, a 39-year-old Bucks County man, with misdemeanor ethnic intimidation. Payne allegedly called an officer a “Gandhi motherfucker” during a welfare check at Payne’s home.

Despite filing such charges, in 2016 these departments reported to the Pennsylvania State Police Uniform Crime Reporting System that no hate crimes occurred in their jurisdictions.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #775 on: June 29, 2018, 03:17:03 PM »
BLUE LIVES MATTER
dog

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #777 on: July 01, 2018, 08:55:29 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #778 on: July 01, 2018, 08:57:50 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #779 on: July 04, 2018, 10:21:42 AM »

That was a lot of cops arriving in a very short time period.