Author Topic: Catch-all Cop Thread  (Read 140981 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: Catch-all Cop Thread
« Reply #842 on: April 19, 2021, 06:53:18 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/18/us/austin-shooting-three-dead/index.html

(CNN) — Authorities are looking for a former sheriff's office detective suspected of killing three people in a shooting in Austin, Texas.

The victims were pronounced dead at the scene Sunday, according to tweets from Austin-Travis County EMS. The shooting appears to be "a domestic situation that is isolated," Austin police said in a tweet.
"Obviously this is a tragedy. We have people who have lost their lives out here," Austin Police Interim Chief Joseph Chacon said during a Sunday news briefing. "The danger still remains high at this point."

Police identified the suspect, who is still at large, as Stephen Nicholas Broderick, 41.

In the age of active shooters, a new mantra has emerged: 'Run. Hide. Fight.'
It is unknown if Broderick fled on foot or in a vehicle and authorities said they're concerned he could be hiding or take a hostage, Chacon said.

"We're going to be doing our very best to conduct the best investigation that we can and also to get this person into custody as quickly as possible and hopefully with no further loss of life," Chacon said during the briefing.

Chacon said people should still be vigilant and not approach the suspect if they see him.

Broderick is a former Travis County Sheriff's Office detective who was charged with sexual assault of a child, Travis County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Kristen Dark told CNN.

Dark said Broderick resigned from the department last year after he was arrested and charged in the child sexual assault case. He was arrested June 6, 2020 and released on bond the same month.

CNN has reached out to the Travis County prosecutor for more information and is working to obtain the affidavit in the case.

Austin police, fire and EMS responded to the city's Great Hills Trail and Rain Creek Parkway area around 11:42 a.m. Sunday, where they found three people suffering gunshot wounds, according to officials.
The shooting was targeted and the three victims -- two women and one man -- knew Broderick, according to Chacon. A child was involved but has been located and is safe, he added.

The motive in the shooting is currently unknown.

Correction: An earlier version of this story had the wrong date for Stephen Nicholas Broderick's arrest on charges of sexual assault of a child. It was June 6.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #843 on: April 19, 2021, 05:00:10 PM »
Derek Chauvin trial just went to dileberation. 

Beezy

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #845 on: April 20, 2021, 05:23:42 PM »
GUILTY
dog

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #846 on: April 20, 2021, 05:26:31 PM »
 :ufup :cop :umad

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #847 on: April 20, 2021, 05:33:52 PM »
GUILTY

Pretty decent 420. Was nervous. Jury was pretty quick on their decision though.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #848 on: April 20, 2021, 05:34:05 PM »
Good.

Now when are they locking up the 17 year old that killed people at the protest?
:O

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #849 on: April 20, 2021, 05:53:42 PM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #850 on: April 20, 2021, 06:05:41 PM »
On all charges too!  really wasn't expecting that. 

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #851 on: April 20, 2021, 06:53:06 PM »
https://www.propublica.org/article/what-police-impunity-looks-like-there-was-no-discipline-as-no-wrongdoing-was-found
Whatever the jury ultimately decides about the culpability of former Minneapolis officer Derek Chauvin in the death of George Floyd, we already know the case is an anomaly. Officers who kill civilians are rarely prosecuted, let alone convicted — many aren’t even disciplined by their departments.
Last Wednesday marked two years since the shooting, so I checked in with the NYPD about it. The department had said late last year that it had finally finished its internal investigation and that the police commissioner — who has complete discretion over discipline, as many chiefs around the country do — would soon be deciding what to do.

Last week, the NYPD told me that Commissioner Dermot Shea had indeed ruled on the case. The officers were completely cleared. “There was no discipline as no wrongdoing was found,” the department said.

Here is the NYPD’s full statement. It noted that there was also a “tactical review” to determine “what, if anything, could have been done differently.”
For a year and a half, it refused to release body-worn camera footage, arguing in response to a public records request and lawsuit that doing so would “interfere” with the department’s internal investigation and would be an “unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.”

But the NYPD did offer its perspective about what happened. “It appears to be justified,” one of the NYPD’s top officials told reporters the day after the shooting.

The police’s perspective shaped the early coverage. Citing “law enforcement sources,” the New York Post reported that a “musclebound man” who was “nicknamed ‘Chaos’” had been shot “when he charged at cops twice with a stick and a knife.” (Trawick was about 5 feet, 5 inches tall, and his family told me they’ve never heard that nickname. The video shows he ran at the officers once, after he was hit by a Taser.)

The NYPD eventually decided to release footage, after the Bronx District Attorney’s Office published it as part of a report last November that laid out its decision not to pursue criminal charges against the officers. The DA’s decision, too, was no surprise: Local prosecutors, who work closely with the police, are particularly hesitant to indict officers.

The DA’s report had troubling revelations buried inside it. While the report’s highlighted timeline didn’t mention it, the report revealed more than two dozen pages in that Davis had tried to stop his partner from shooting Trawick. It also disclosed that other officers had previously decided there was no need to use force when they answered remarkably similar calls involving Trawick. On page 36, the report cited those interactions as “examples of disparate outcomes that deserve mention.”

The DA’s report did not contain the full, unedited body-worn camera footage, and the NYPD initially continued to fight a lawsuit demanding it.

The day before a December hearing in the case, the NYPD sent the footage to the complainants, New York Lawyers for the Public Interest, because, after 20 months, the department’s internal review was complete. That footage, which the law firm shared with me, showed that as officers converged on the scene where Trawick lay lifeless, two of them told a sergeant that “nobody” had been hurt. “Just a perp.”

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #852 on: April 20, 2021, 06:56:46 PM »
Good.

Now when are they locking up the 17 year old that killed people at the protest?

Lin Wood is doing his best to make sure Rittenhouse gets executed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1379033078912409602

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #853 on: April 20, 2021, 07:36:00 PM »
That's.... some phrasing :lol

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1384624260698812416
"George Floyd is very proud of us right now" - Nancy Trump

:trumps
🤴

benjipwns

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #855 on: April 20, 2021, 08:14:20 PM »
1 down 1 million to go :pacspit

benjipwns

« Reply #856 on: April 20, 2021, 08:19:13 PM »
there's more than 1 million yts in this country :ufup

Nuitangg

« Reply #857 on: April 20, 2021, 08:39:26 PM »
Raiders really stepped in it.  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #858 on: April 20, 2021, 08:39:57 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

benjipwns

« Reply #861 on: April 21, 2021, 12:19:00 AM »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #862 on: April 21, 2021, 12:44:30 AM »
So am I supposed to thank Floyd for dying or not?

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #863 on: April 21, 2021, 02:14:15 AM »

Beezy

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #865 on: April 22, 2021, 11:06:07 AM »
I've been watching bits of the live stream and some of the jury selection.  I really wouldn't be surprised if he gets off. 

https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1384617606003499008
©@©™

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #867 on: April 22, 2021, 11:15:38 PM »

the best headline writers

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #868 on: April 23, 2021, 03:33:54 AM »
I've been watching bits of the live stream and some of the jury selection.  I really wouldn't be surprised if he gets off. 

https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1384617606003499008

Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #869 on: April 24, 2021, 12:21:48 AM »
Late last year, as a team of Minnesota state prosecutors was preparing for the trial that would ultimately convict former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin of murdering George Floyd, they received a series of videos depicting Chauvin's handling of another case three years earlier that by their own description shocked them.

The videos, from Sept. 4, 2017, allegedly showed Chauvin striking a Black teenager in the head so hard that the boy needed stitches, then allegedly holding the boy down with his knee for nearly 17 minutes, and allegedly ignoring complaints from the boy that he couldn't breathe.

"Those videos show a far more violent and forceful treatment of this child than Chauvin describes in his report [of the incident]," Matthew Frank, one of the state prosecutors, wrote in a court filing at the time.

Now, the U.S. Justice Department may do something that state prosecutors never did: charge Chauvin for the 2017 incident.

Two months ago, federal prosecutors in Minneapolis brought witnesses before a federal grand jury to provide testimony related to the incident, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported at the time. And this week, a source informed of the probe told ABC News that the investigation is still underway, with the Justice Department still weighing whether to bring federal charges against Chauvin for both the 2017 incident and George Floyd's death.
After officers entered the home and spoke to the woman, they ordered the son to lie on the ground, but he refused. Within seconds, Chauvin hit the teenager with his flashlight, grabbed the teenager's throat, hit him again with the flashlight, and then "applied a neck restraint, causing the child to lose consciousness and go to the ground," according to Frank's account of the videos, detailed in a filing seeking permission to raise the incident during trial.

"Chauvin and [the other officer] placed [the teenager] in the prone position and handcuffed him behind his back while the teenager's mother pleaded with them not to kill her son and told her son to stop resisting," Frank wrote, noting that at one point the teenager's ear began bleeding. "About a minute after going to the ground, the child began repeatedly telling the officers that he could not breathe, and his mother told Chauvin to take his knee off her son."

About eight minutes in, Chauvin moved his knee to the teenager's upper back and left it there for nine more minutes, according to Frank.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #870 on: April 24, 2021, 12:55:56 PM »
Well see ? That younger kid didn't die of it, so Floyd must have had some other cause !  :riot :insane
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #871 on: April 24, 2021, 09:51:39 PM »
The Maryland’s Attorney General’s Office said Friday it believes there should be a review of “in custody” death reports produced by the state’s Office of the Chief Medical Examiner during the tenure of Dr. David Fowler, nine days after Fowler testified that an ex-Minneapolis police officer was not responsible for the death of George Floyd in police custody.

The announcement came less than 24 hours after the attorney general’s office received a letter from the former medical examiner of Washington, D.C., Roger A. Mitchell, signed by 431 doctors from around the country, saying Fowler’s testimony and conclusions were so far outside the bounds of accepted forensic practice that all his previous work could come into question.

“Dr. Fowler’s stated opinion that George Floyd’s death during active police restraint should be certified with an ‘undetermined’ manner is outside the standard practice and conventions for investigating and certification of in-custody deaths. This stated opinion raises significant concerns for his previous practice and management,” the letter said.
whoops

benjipwns

« Reply #872 on: April 26, 2021, 12:02:40 AM »
On the lighter side:
Two D.C. police cars were totaled after officers decided to drag race each other, according to an internal email obtained exclusively by FOX 5’s Lindsay Watts.

"Yesterday two 6D scout cars were totaled because officers decided instead of fighting crime, patrolling their beats, or engaging the community – they decided to drag race each other on Anacostia Avenue at 5 pm in the evening," reads the email from 6D Commander Durriyyah Habeebullah.

Sources say the email was sent to command staff following the crash Thursday.

"What does this say to all the members of MPD who are passionate about their job and work hard every day to make a difference. This is not fair to any of us," the email goes on to say.

DC Police would not provide the incident report Sunday because the department only provides traffic reports through FOIA.
lol at making you FOIA everything

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #874 on: April 27, 2021, 09:51:49 AM »
Sadistic animals. These are the exact kind of people who don't deserve to have any power over anyone.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #875 on: April 27, 2021, 12:36:30 PM »
Ugh, that is what true evil looks like.  :tocry
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #876 on: April 27, 2021, 12:43:24 PM »
You guys are only angry at that video because you don’t understand the constant danger that all cops are in.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYCPDDEA/status/1386812200774508547

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #877 on: April 27, 2021, 12:44:55 PM »
Are we sure that's not from the Chapelle Show?  :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
It looks fake because the police didn't start shooting
[close]
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #878 on: April 28, 2021, 11:58:17 AM »
On the lighter side:
Two D.C. police cars were totaled after officers decided to drag race each other, according to an internal email obtained exclusively by FOX 5’s Lindsay Watts.

"Yesterday two 6D scout cars were totaled because officers decided instead of fighting crime, patrolling their beats, or engaging the community – they decided to drag race each other on Anacostia Avenue at 5 pm in the evening," reads the email from 6D Commander Durriyyah Habeebullah.

Sources say the email was sent to command staff following the crash Thursday.

"What does this say to all the members of MPD who are passionate about their job and work hard every day to make a difference. This is not fair to any of us," the email goes on to say.

DC Police would not provide the incident report Sunday because the department only provides traffic reports through FOIA.
lol at making you FOIA everything

Implying that drag racing isn't a form of engaging the community :wag Has Habeebullah ever heard of a little something called family?
©@©™

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #879 on: May 19, 2021, 02:26:04 PM »
Our gals in the FBI are doing a great job protecting us from terrorist they create  :american

https://mobile.twitter.com/BoltzmannBooty/status/1394796172255039488

benjipwns

« Reply #880 on: May 21, 2021, 11:08:11 PM »
He repeatedly told deputies he could not breathe.

But the deputies and police officers he struggled with taunted him until he died.

Jennette screamed for officers to get off his back. He was face down on the floor in handcuffs continuing to struggle.

"Go get leg restraints before you do anything else, go get leg restraints," an officer said as officers were on Jennette's back.

Seconds later, Jennette said for the first time he could not breathe.

But a female officer was not sympathetic.

"You shouldn't be able to breathe, you stupid b*****d," she exclaimed.

Officers stayed on Jennette's back and even bent his legs to his back, until finally one officer said be careful of suffocating him.

"Easy, easy -- remember asphyxiation, guys."

Another officer responded, "That's why I'm not on his lungs, to let him breathe."

Jennette's last words were: "I'm good."

But an officer with his knee on Jennette's back talked back to him.

"No, you ain't good. You're going to lay right there for a f*****g minute," the officer said.

We showed the video to law professor and former police officer Seth Stoughton. He's co-written a book, "Evaluating Police Uses of Force."

"That's the exact opposite of what generally accepted training has taught officers for the last 25 years," Stoughton said.

"When the handcuffs came on, they should have rotated the guy to his side."

benjipwns

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #882 on: June 10, 2021, 12:28:45 AM »
:hump  :riot  :hump
Margs

SmokyDave

« Reply #883 on: June 10, 2021, 04:32:06 AM »

Hardly surprising sentiments, but an interesting watch.

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #885 on: June 10, 2021, 05:05:32 AM »

Hardly surprising sentiments, but an interesting watch.
Shit policing isn't exclusive to the US though, we had plenty of embarrassing moments of shitty police work here.
Cucchi was beaten to death while in police custody, and if his sister and family didn't bend over backwards trying to get attention to it, it would've been swept up under the rug.

Although the US is on another level of magnitude, probably because of the widespread gun culture, spread-out territory, militarization, and other cultural factors.

benjipwns

« Reply #886 on: June 11, 2021, 09:23:56 PM »
Law enforcement agencies across the country experienced a wave of retirements and departures and are struggling to recruit the next generation of police officers in the year since George Floyd was killed by a cop.

And amid the national reckoning on policing, communities are questioning who should become a police officer today.

Mass protests and calls for reforming or defunding the police, as well as the coronavirus pandemic, took their toll on officer morale. The rate of retirements at some departments rose 45% compared with the previous year, according to new research on nearly 200 law enforcement agencies conducted by the Washington-based Police Executive Research Forum and provided to The Associated Press. At the same time, hiring slowed by 5%, the group found.
But the climate today, coupled with increases in crime in some cities, is creating what Chuck Wexler, the head of the Police Executive Research Forum, called a “combustible mixture.”

It’s creating “a crisis on the horizon for police chiefs when they look at the resources they need, especially during a period when we’re seeing an increase in murders and shootings,” Wexler said. “It’s a wake-up call.”
:fbm

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

benjipwns

« Reply #888 on: June 22, 2021, 10:38:28 PM »
Police in Oregon’s largest city are being advised to no longer pursue low-level traffic infractions — including expired plates and broken headlights — unless related to an immediate safety threat, Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler announced Tuesday.

In addition, if police do stop a driver they must receive recorded consent before searching the vehicle and clearly inform the person they have the right to refuse.
:gladbron

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #889 on: July 01, 2021, 06:36:35 PM »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/police-officer-mental-health-report-by-fake-psychologist-sexual-harassment-1.6083291 

Insane story.  Female officer accuses other of harassment, gets sent to fake psychologist.  The chief that sent her is now a senator.  Current police didn't look into it until the CBC called them. 

Coax

« Reply #890 on: July 01, 2021, 07:10:37 PM »
Insane story.  Female officer accuses other of harassment, gets sent to fake psychologist.

Interestingly she suspected at the time it was an impersonator not long into the 'therapy' appointments but didn't get confirmation until now. That psychological report with the forged real psychologist's name/practice put her off looking any closer into it.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #891 on: July 01, 2021, 07:31:02 PM »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/police-officer-mental-health-report-by-fake-psychologist-sexual-harassment-1.6083291 

Insane story.  Female officer accuses other of harassment, gets sent to fake psychologist.  The chief that sent her is now a senator.  Current police didn't look into it until the CBC called them.

the ex-chief who's now a senator looks eerily like a matthew lillard. really infuriating story jesus
◕‿◕

benjipwns

« Reply #892 on: July 04, 2021, 01:15:21 AM »

:hmm

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #894 on: July 06, 2021, 03:54:48 AM »
 :brain :brain :doge :brain :brain :brain

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #895 on: July 06, 2021, 05:03:21 PM »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #897 on: July 07, 2021, 10:42:46 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/GwynneFitz/status/1411709470237986817

Gamers Rise Up!

:riot :society

LMAO I saw this today and was gonna post it. Of course, the NYPD has some ulterior motives with this:

NYC students and parents:

Please heed this post from public defender @eorlins below. This game truck will be used to collect DNA unknowingly from minors and use tech like DRT boxes to intercept data on cell phones, etc. This is surveillance of BIPOC minors disguised as “community engagement”.

Piece of advice from your friendly public defender: do not get in this truck. Period.

By request, here’s an explanation: This is predatory, this is copaganda, this is a waste of taxpayer money, and hundreds of millions of dollars are being spent on this. This taxpayer money could’ve funded youth programming or a community center. It could have funded healthcare, education, libraries, parks, or so many things other than policing.

Over-surveillance is already a huge problem and the police will use any methods available to them.

As a public defender, I’ve represented kids as young as 15 whose DNA was surreptitiously collected by NYPD, like from a can of soda, a used straw, or a bag of chips — items often offered by cops to the children. The last thing they need to be doing is voluntarily entering cop vans.
^_^

benjipwns

« Reply #898 on: July 08, 2021, 03:51:22 PM »
the United States Capitol Police is planning to expand operations outside Washington in an effort to better protect lawmakers, beginning with the opening of field offices in California and Florida.

Tim Barber, a spokesman, said the plan was to open several additional regional offices as the department charged with protecting Congress transforms itself in the aftermath of the attack, which exposed serious deficiencies in the Capitol Police’s gathering and dissemination of intelligence, preparedness and training.

Much like the Secret Service, which has field offices in multiple states and countries, the Capitol Police need to be able to monitor and quickly investigate threats against lawmakers wherever they occur, Mr. Barber said.
"Defund the police"? No, here, have $2 billion to expand outside the Capitol!

benjipwns

« Reply #899 on: July 10, 2021, 02:11:09 PM »
A 19-year-old woman was charged with a hate crime after allegedly “stomping on a ‘Back the Blue’ sign” at a gas station in Panguitch.

According to the affidavit of probable cause, a Garfield County police officer was conducting a traffic stop for speeding at a gas station when the officer saw a woman “stomping on a ‘Back the Blue’ sign next to where the traffic stop was conducted, crumble it up in a destructive manner and throw it into a trash can all while smirking in an intimidating manner towards me.”