Author Topic: Mark Duplass apologizes for not hating Ben Shapiro enough, Tom Arnold tweets  (Read 18718 times)

Mandark

• Icon
Re: Ben Shaprio's Reality Check: JEWS JEWS OBAMA JEWS MAINSTREAMING DELUSION
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2017, 08:49:03 PM »
I can't really condone listening to Chapo Trap House, but their episodes when they read extracts from Ben Shapiro's political fiction novel are ace.
I would never have known about this, thank you so much.

Syph

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2017, 10:00:06 PM »
I can't really condone listening to Chapo Trap House, but their episodes when they read extracts from Ben Shapiro's political fiction novel are ace.
I would never have known about this, thank you so much.
i didn't realize he wrote fiction too lol golden
ps. the guy in the video kind of sounds like shapiro too which only makes it funnier
XO

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2017, 10:46:46 PM »
One of the hosts used to do an actual Ben Shapiro impression. :lol

the freakin woz

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2017, 02:29:59 AM »
One of the hosts used to do an actual Ben Shapiro impression. :lol

i didn't realise how accurate it was until i clicked on the the vid in the op. lmao

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2017, 09:18:02 AM »
I never realized Ben wrote non-fiction.  :doge
©ZH

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2017, 03:30:52 PM »
How synchronicitous, this week's episode of Chapo has a new Ben Shapiro Stolen Valor reading series.

https://m.soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/episode-79-our-values-are-under-attack-feat-tim-heidecker-2617

Tim Heidecker even gets to demonstrate that the line between parody and reality no longer exists.

Kara

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2017, 12:07:27 AM »
Shapiro, we are told, is “the cool kid’s philosopher, dissecting arguments with a lawyer’s skill and references to Aristotle.” The Times quotes praise of Shapiro as a “brilliant polemicist” and “principled gladiator,” a quick-witted man who “reads books,” and “takes apart arguments in ways that make the conservative conclusion seem utterly logical.” Shapiro is the “destroyer of weak arguments,” he “has been called the voice of the conservative millennial movement.” He is a genuine intellectual, a man who “does not attack unfairly, stoke anger for the sake of it, or mischaracterize his opponents’ positions.” He is principled: he deplores Trump, and cares about Truth. Shapiro’s personal mantra, “Facts don’t care about your feelings,” captures his approach: he’s passionate, but he believes in following reason rather than emotion. Shapiro, then, represents the best in contemporary conservative thinking.
I started with his controversial recent Berkeley speech. Toward the beginning, he addressed Antifa protesters, whom he called “communist pieces of garbage”: “You guys are so stupid… you can all go to hell, you pathetic, lying, stupid jackasses.”
Not only that but I have, since the pressing days of this threads birth, confirmed he has obtained more than one shirt.

Can't stop this Destroyer of Weak Arguments freight train.

benjipwns

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2017, 12:13:52 AM »
In investigating Shapiro’s works, then, the first sign that he might not be a “philosopher” was that he didn’t seem especially interested in the central task of philosophy, namely the critical scrutiny of your own beliefs. Shapiro’s worldview is fixed and immovable. Watch the video of his answer on the racial wealth gap: when his black co-panelists laugh at his answer about culture, he does not think to himself “Hm, perhaps they know something I don’t know about what it is like to be black,” he thinks “They must be irrational and in need of my wisdom.” He doesn’t listen to anyone, he just confronts them.
lol at this joker, doesn't even know the job of a modern philosopher

benjipwns

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2017, 12:15:30 AM »
Let me tell you why Ben Shapiro actually aggravates me. It is not his voice or demeanor, though I understand why others find these characteristics grating. Nor is it the way he inserts references to first-year law school doctrines even when they aren’t actually relevant. It is, rather, that Ben Shapiro is lying to his audience, by telling them that he is just a person concerned with the Truth, when the only thing he actually cares about is destroying the left. “Facts don’t care about your feelings” is a fine mantra, albeit kind of a dickish one. But it’s worthless if you’re going to interpret every last fact in the way most favorable to your own preconceptions, if you’re going to ignore evidence contrary to your position, and refuse to try to understand what your opponents actually believe.
:noooo

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2017, 12:32:49 AM »
Cool kids dig philosophers now ? Cray Cray.
ὕβρις

Syph

XO

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2017, 02:00:34 AM »
Go ahead.

etiolate

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2017, 02:21:34 AM »
It’s easy to laugh, as some of us do, at the phrase “conservative intellectual.” When the most prominent public spokesmen for the right’s ideas include Milo Yiannopoulos, Charles Murray, and Dinesh D’Souza, one might conclude that the movement does not have anything serious to offer beyond “Feminism is cancer,” “Black people are dumb,” and “Democrats are Nazis.” (Those are, as I understand it, the central intellectual contributions of Yiannopoulos, Murray, and D’Souza, respectively.)

Nothing screams I have no idea what is being discussed quite like calling Charles Murray a racist.

On that note, Shapiro is speaking with Sam Harris tonight in San Francisco.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2017, 02:32:15 AM »
I found he made a pretty convincing argument:
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/07/why-is-charles-murray-odious

benjipwns

« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2017, 03:49:17 AM »
Even worse, he's written the same book like four times. Totally just mailing it in.

Sai

« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2017, 12:14:19 PM »
ben shapiro is an ugly distinguished mentally-challenged baby-sized man

someone end him already
ilysm

etiolate

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2017, 04:33:48 PM »
I found he made a pretty convincing argument:
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/07/why-is-charles-murray-odious

oh dear, that article is like "All those past racist accusations were misrepresentations, but MY misrepresentation is the real one!"

Though it takes a weird turn when it has to get to intelligence.

The dubious aspect of The Bell Curve‘s intelligence framework is not that it argues there are ethnic differences in IQ scores, which plenty of sociologists acknowledge. It is that Murray and Herrnstein use IQ, an arbitrary test of a particular set of abilities (arbitrary in the sense that there is no reason why a person’s IQ should matter any more than their eye color, not in the sense that it is uncorrelated with economic outcomes) as a measure of whether someone is smart or dumb in the ordinary language sense.

:confused At first glance, it seems like it is saying IQ is no more relevant to intelligence than eye color. This is a ridiculous, false claim. IQ testing has stood up over time. It then later links to a Salon article (this should be a giant red flag) about Ted Cruz as evidence of high IQ idiots. At this point, I think they're trying to make smart/dumb a label that only the high-minded like themselves can apply, and not something somewhat empirically measurable as Murray is trying to do.

It then finds Murray morally reprehensible because the study's findings are morally reprehensible to left-wing values because those findings conflict with their previous world view and that the left-wing view is not that intelligence is a biological trait. It also abuses the term arbitrary. There's nothing arbitrary about being good with math in a tech world leading to economic success, but it keeps acting like testing for this is as arbitrary as eye color (while ignoring that good eye color might actually help you in the interview/job world, as beauty has privilege.).

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2017, 05:39:21 PM »
oh dear, that article is like "All those past racist accusations were misrepresentations, but MY misrepresentation is the real one!"
Point it out to me in more detail.

etiolate

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2017, 05:44:11 PM »
Point it out to me in more detail.

Tell me what you think that article is saying. Tell me it's argument.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2017, 06:06:16 PM »
No, I don't feel like wasting more time than necessary on this. If you don't want to elaborate, that's fine by me.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2018, 11:37:15 PM »

Damn, I'm really out of the loop on EDM genres lately...
^_^

agrajag

« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2018, 01:15:10 AM »

Can you please stop posting alt-reich icons

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2018, 08:59:03 AM »
Don't know if I agree with a lot of what Ben Shapiro says, but damn if it isn't entertaining as hell watching him give speeches and field questions from people who get all pissed off while he remains calm or even super-chill.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 09:05:44 AM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

etiolate

« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2018, 09:08:17 AM »
I expected this thread bump tp be about Rosie O'Donnell telling Ben to suck her dick

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2018, 09:20:42 AM »
I expected this thread bump tp be about Rosie O'Donnell telling Ben to suck her dick

This dude is an amazing troll.

ど助平

El Babua

« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2018, 12:57:16 AM »
Yo, why does this dude look and sound like a liberal stereotype circa 1998?

curly

• cultural maoist

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2018, 11:33:48 PM »
is the bundle of sticks intentional?  :doge

Syph

« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2018, 11:54:07 PM »
:dead
XO

Kara

« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2018, 10:14:15 PM »

It's part of a larger webcomic about making fun of people who say, "Wow, I can't believe you criticize capitalism while using an iPhone," but using serfs under feudalism as a metaphor for, well, serfs under feudalism.

kingv

« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2018, 10:33:55 PM »
If that’s what passes for conservative intellectualism... damn.

Because that’s an obviously silly take.

benjipwns

Re: ALEX JONES IS UP IN BEN SHAPRIO'S BUSINESS BIG TIME
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2018, 02:07:34 AM »

YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU BRO?!?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
We should pray for Ben Shapiro to find Christ...GET BEHIND ME SATAN
[close]

benjipwns

Re: ALEX JONES IS UP IN BEN SHAPIRO'S BUSINESS BIG TIME
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2018, 02:16:48 AM »
omg when he starts reading dailywire comments :dead

~11:30

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2018, 04:10:08 AM »
Damn, dudes out-loud reading skills are Floyd Mayweather level. Thank god his kids got taken away, you expect them to learn how read from a man who still uses the finger-on-the-word method? Yeesh

benjipwns

« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2018, 04:43:26 AM »
i want to be nice to Alex after watching him drag Shapiro for half an hour (while also taking shots at Peterson, including for being Canadian) and talk about his BIG CONTACTS WITH TEXAS BILLIONAIRES and so on and suggest he was doing that to show the camera where he was so you could read it and see he wasn't making it up

but at the same time, i'm sure your theory is also true and makes it all funnier

also this is probably about the tenth time or so i've seen Alex try to read a simple paragraph and fail to get through it without going off on a mini-rant after every sentence or after a specific word

disclaimer: i've found i'm one of the few people in my real life "politico" circles who considers Alex's snake oil salesmanship to be infinitely worse and the main distasteful part of his existence versus his wacky show/views/etc... related because this video is spent a lot of time on his talking about how he's self-funded, it's through all that garbage

of course everyone here would probably assume that about me, the real world is different and scary and best avoided
[close]

agrajag

« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2018, 07:03:33 AM »

start at 2:16

kingv

« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2018, 09:04:01 AM »
Damn, dudes out-loud reading skills are Floyd Mayweather level. Thank god his kids got taken away, you expect them to learn how read from a man who still uses the finger-on-the-word method? Yeesh

I actually think he still primarily has his kids. His ex wife is on twitter complaing about it all the time.

Leadbelly

Let me tell you why Ben Shapiro actually aggravates me. It is not his voice or demeanor, though I understand why others find these characteristics grating. Nor is it the way he inserts references to first-year law school doctrines even when they aren’t actually relevant. It is, rather, that Ben Shapiro is lying to his audience, by telling them that he is just a person concerned with the Truth, when the only thing he actually cares about is destroying the left. “Facts don’t care about your feelings” is a fine mantra, albeit kind of a dickish one. But it’s worthless if you’re going to interpret every last fact in the way most favorable to your own preconceptions, if you’re going to ignore evidence contrary to your position, and refuse to try to understand what your opponents actually believe.
:noooo

The problem with people on the Right is...

The problem with people on the Left is...

Insert same quote both times. lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2018, 02:51:30 PM »
disclaimer: i've found i'm one of the few people in my real life "politico" circles who considers Alex's snake oil salesmanship to be infinitely worse and the main distasteful part of his existence versus his wacky show/views/etc... related because this video is spent a lot of time on his talking about how he's self-funded, it's through all that garbage

of course everyone here would probably assume that about me, the real world is different and scary and best avoided
[close]

Take the Real Red Pill and you’ll see what you’ve been missing
The Real Red Pill is a one of a kind, all new heart and brain formula designed specifically and exclusively for Infowars Life. A formula so advanced, no other product on the market even comes close.  We are the only ones with a formula with this much science behind it, over one million peer reviewed scientific articles have been published about the ingredients used in this formula

Five reasons you need the Real Red Pill
Support optimal cognitive function *
Support optimal heart health *
Support healthy aging *
Replenish essential and trace minerals *
Support healthy hormone balance *

Why you need Pregnenolone
The main ingredient here is Pregnenolone, is a little known neurosteroid with so much potential and science behind it. Pregnenolone levels decrease with age, studies have shown that levels can decline by as much as 60% between the ages of 20 and 75. Without these essential building blocks, your body lacks what it needs to function at optimal levels. Studies have shown that low levels of pregnenolone are associated with fatigue, low brain function, and unhealthy aging.
ὕβρις

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2018, 02:58:01 PM »
All I know is that I clicked the video and, having forgotten to re-download adblock after it crashed recently, was accosted by a youtube ad titled "Estrogen is killing men: how to lower estrogen naturally."

"You're so intellectual you use terms like 'Alex is awful.'" :dead
[close]

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2018, 03:30:43 PM »
Aren't the things they sell just overpriced soy pills?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2018, 05:17:17 PM »

Yes. Also tactical body armor and emergency radios.
ὕβρις

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2018, 05:20:21 PM »

A lot of what they sell are actually the same things you can buy on Gwyneth Paltrow's new-age wellness site.

agrajag

« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2018, 05:21:23 PM »
Wait, you mean I wasted my money buying crates of Focus Factor 2000 hoping to become as smart and focused as Joe Rogan?  :doge

agrajag

« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2018, 05:27:03 PM »
Cupping? Crystals? Tell me the secret!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2018, 05:27:36 PM »

A lot of what they sell are actually the same things you can buy on Gwyneth Paltrow's new-age wellness site.

Branding is the medium is the message.
ὕβρις

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2018, 07:25:17 PM »
Soy Goy
:9

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2018, 09:30:13 AM »
Looking forward to all the DESTROYING that will be back and forth.
©ZH

Mandark

• Icon
Imagine doing the bit where you lecture people on reaching out, listening to people on "the other side," overcoming division, blah blah, and the example you give is Ben Shapiro.

curly

• cultural maoist

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
LMFAO fucking midget even in promo material
reckt

benjipwns

:lol i don't know why making fun of ben shapiro is so much funnier than any other conservapundit

like even the simplest stuff makes me laugh when it's him

benjipwns

it's like your regular insult just becomes BIGGER when he's involved :teehee