Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 894254 times)

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #6060 on: August 15, 2018, 02:57:53 PM »
Getting dragged to an early Saturday morning spin class

Duck me
Oh I'll duck you good. I'll duck you right in the mouth!
que

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #6061 on: August 16, 2018, 03:59:44 PM »
Now I got "invited to" a community service/road clean up thing by the young professional bull my gf is involved in

I know an invite isn't so much an invite but a you better be there. I'm just slightly drunk from brunch and wondering how mad shell be if I don't go today
dur

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6062 on: August 16, 2018, 06:03:41 PM »
Yeah I don't know how to read that other than Huff's gf has a man toy? That's cool if true, just didn't know that's how their relationship is
每天生气

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #6063 on: August 16, 2018, 06:07:22 PM »
Maybe it's like a Papal bull.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6064 on: August 16, 2018, 07:45:08 PM »
Maybe it's just an actual bull they have to clean up after.
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6065 on: August 16, 2018, 07:45:39 PM »
Maybe it's an actual bull, who dreamed of a better life off the farm, went to business school, graduated cum laude, but has always been held back by discrimination.  Along the way, this bull meets a girl.  A nice girl, but she has someone, so he decides he's going to try to impress her by hosting a socially conscious cleanup event, knowing that her day-drinking bf would never go for that sort of thing.   

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6066 on: August 16, 2018, 07:45:53 PM »
Oh fuck you Joe

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6067 on: August 16, 2018, 07:47:56 PM »
Seriously do you guys not know how long it takes me to spell check stuff?  Don't post when I'm viewing a thread and we could avoid these unpleasant situations. 

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6068 on: August 16, 2018, 08:04:52 PM »
The pro move is to post, then feverishly edit for the next five minutes. Will someone quote it before you're done? Experience the thrill.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6069 on: August 16, 2018, 08:42:48 PM »
I think it’s like a “young professionals” group that does shit like.. volunteer clean ups

Totally reads like it’s about BBC

The pro move is to post, then feverishly edit for the next five minutes. Will someone quote it before you're done? Experience the thrill.

When you’re quick enough to avoid the edited tag :rejoice

Tasty

« Reply #6070 on: August 16, 2018, 09:29:41 PM »
When the President tweets about your place of work and it starts getting threats necessitating extra security measures

Bebpo

« Reply #6071 on: August 16, 2018, 11:36:17 PM »
Shit night.
Was supposed to hang with a friend.

I've had polyps on my throat for years since a teen. Every few years they take a biopsy and it's benign. Basically every once and a while when I talk too much, too loud I get a sharp pain, lose my voice for a few secs until I drink water and my throat bleeds aka if I spit I spit up bright red blood.

When I had my bronchitis spot for 6 weeks a few months ago I had some bad, bad coughing in the middle and tore the fuck outta my throat, including the area around my vocal characters where my polyp is. Since then I've noticed it bleeding more often and worse.

Tonight after a long day talking at work on calls, was on a long 30min+ call talking and I tend to talk loud and my voice snapped and lost my voice, ended the call and went and spat a good 3-4 spits of solid blood before it cleared up. Was enough damage that got feverish hot and weak and tired, so had to call my plans off for the night with a friend and took some tylenol and just gonna go to bed. Throat feels sore and gooey like the injury is dripping salva or something a bit still.

I hadn't bothered to see an ENT about it since I've dealt with it for years and it's always been benign, but since I tore up my throat during the bronchitis I'm now feeling like I need to see my ENT to take a look and see if there's an issue. I have noticed that when I was in vegas at borecon and I'd have a strong alcohol drink my throat would burn like I've got open sores all down it. Same with when smoking [redacted] at bore-con, my throat set on fire at first like had sores on the throat. :|

I'm debating cancelling my Europe trip (haven't booked it yet) in case this is something serious and when I see the ENT (which will probably take a few weeks before I can get in), they might need to do an endoscopy ASAP and if there's something might need to address it ASAP, so being gone for 2 weeks in mid-september might be a bad idea :|

Who knows though, maybe they'll get me in on a cancel right away, be able to look real quick and tell me it's nothing serious that needs rushed surgery or anything and then I can still book my trip this weekend. Just don't know. Will call my ENT first thing tomorrow morning.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6072 on: August 17, 2018, 07:30:31 AM »

When you’re quick enough to avoid the edited tag :rejoice
:dice :respect

Bebpo

« Reply #6073 on: August 17, 2018, 05:33:04 PM »
Well, my throat's mostly healed about about 16 hours later but still taking it easy on talking. Was able to get an ENT appointment in about 1.5 weeks where they can take a look down my throat. Hopefully it's nothing big, just same old same old benign polyps stuff and I just gotta be more careful about over-using my vocal chords yelling at people all day, but hey that's what being a lawyer is all about  :-\

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6074 on: August 20, 2018, 07:49:03 PM »
Reddit is down.  O God. 

Tasty

« Reply #6075 on: August 20, 2018, 07:57:53 PM »
Reddit goes down more than me on Wrath, chill out duder.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6076 on: August 20, 2018, 08:01:32 PM »
Reddit goes down on me less than your mom, never. 

Well there goes my plans for tonight. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6077 on: August 22, 2018, 02:58:20 AM »
Shit night.
Was supposed to hang with a friend.

I've had polyps on my throat for years since a teen. Every few years they take a biopsy and it's benign. Basically every once and a while when I talk too much, too loud I get a sharp pain, lose my voice for a few secs until I drink water and my throat bleeds aka if I spit I spit up bright red blood.

When I had my bronchitis spot for 6 weeks a few months ago I had some bad, bad coughing in the middle and tore the fuck outta my throat, including the area around my vocal characters where my polyp is. Since then I've noticed it bleeding more often and worse.

Tonight after a long day talking at work on calls, was on a long 30min+ call talking and I tend to talk loud and my voice snapped and lost my voice, ended the call and went and spat a good 3-4 spits of solid blood before it cleared up. Was enough damage that got feverish hot and weak and tired, so had to call my plans off for the night with a friend and took some tylenol and just gonna go to bed. Throat feels sore and gooey like the injury is dripping salva or something a bit still.

I hadn't bothered to see an ENT about it since I've dealt with it for years and it's always been benign, but since I tore up my throat during the bronchitis I'm now feeling like I need to see my ENT to take a look and see if there's an issue. I have noticed that when I was in vegas at borecon and I'd have a strong alcohol drink my throat would burn like I've got open sores all down it. Same with when smoking [redacted] at bore-con, my throat set on fire at first like had sores on the throat. :|

I'm debating cancelling my Europe trip (haven't booked it yet) in case this is something serious and when I see the ENT (which will probably take a few weeks before I can get in), they might need to do an endoscopy ASAP and if there's something might need to address it ASAP, so being gone for 2 weeks in mid-september might be a bad idea :|

Who knows though, maybe they'll get me in on a cancel right away, be able to look real quick and tell me it's nothing serious that needs rushed surgery or anything and then I can still book my trip this weekend. Just don't know. Will call my ENT first thing tomorrow morning.

:kobeyuck :kobeyuck :kobeyuck

Holy cow, dude. That sounds awful. Definitely see an ENT and get them to look at it, because that's far afield from normal.

Tasty

« Reply #6078 on: August 23, 2018, 01:40:20 AM »
Procrastinated on doing laundry too long so now it takes 3 times through my building's shitty dryer and I only had enough time for 2 tonight. :-\

Putting some items out to dry on various pieces of furniture tonight and running the rest through after work tomorrow if it's still damp.

bluemax

« Reply #6079 on: August 23, 2018, 02:10:47 AM »
Telling people you're a software engineer and then having to explain that you don't work in web development so front end, back end and full stack do not apply to what you do.

This is why I avoid telling people what I do for a living when ask and mostly just say "I'm a people person!", and also because that one is full to see how long I can bullshit before they realize I don't do whatever it is they think a people person does.
NO

Tasty

« Reply #6080 on: August 23, 2018, 02:23:39 AM »
"What do you do?"

"Uh I write JavaScript code-"

"Fix my computer plz."

shosta

« Reply #6081 on: August 23, 2018, 02:31:56 AM »
Tasty, do you like clojurescript?
每天生气

Tasty

« Reply #6082 on: August 23, 2018, 02:34:21 AM »
Always wanted to try Clojure before ClojureScript, but never got a chance. Sorry. :(

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6083 on: August 23, 2018, 03:28:42 AM »
Had to make 4 trips to the local police department to renew my license. Police were really nice, complimented my Japanese, but not in that slowly-pronounced "nihongo jouzu desu ne!" way.

Humid as hell today, with Typhoon 20/Cimaron sashaying its way to our doorsteps this evening.

Amazon shipment was late. Arrived this morning, but this is the inconvenience thread, so…

Tasty

« Reply #6084 on: August 25, 2018, 09:23:20 AM »
Lost my phone for the second Friday in a row. :thinking

But I have (cancelled) Uber charges for my house. :thinking

Wtf :thinking

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6085 on: August 25, 2018, 10:18:53 AM »
The question is what will give first, the drinking or the resistance to fanny packs?

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #6086 on: August 26, 2018, 01:44:54 PM »
I was over at my parent's place today and the subject of vaccines came up (they're definitely near the "against" camp  :goty2 )

And I jokingly said that I have a touch of the 'tism because I was the only one of my siblings that got most of my vaccines as a baby/young child.

They did not disagree. :brazilcry

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6087 on: August 26, 2018, 02:10:35 PM »
believe in yourself

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6088 on: August 27, 2018, 02:40:03 AM »
I've had my monitor set to 125% for ages, accidentally reset it to the default 100% and can barely see anything :beli
:whatisthis

skullstorm

« Reply #6089 on: August 27, 2018, 08:59:49 AM »
Tummy ache :-\ Also hungry :-\

Also been dealing with some person I arranged to buy something from online and they never sent me the item and I've spent over two weeks bombarding them with messages and yesterday I sent an email telling them I'm going to file a police report and well what do you know, now suddenly I get an email back saying they haven't been online (for two weeks ::) ) and will give me my money back. Let's see if that happens though. It was just like 15 euros, so obviously a police report would be useless but maybe just threatening with it will be enough.

I don't get why anyone would try to scam someone out of that little money only to then have to deal with dozens of pestering messages of I WANT MUH MONEY BACK, like who needs that hassle. Be a better criminal.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6090 on: August 28, 2018, 02:26:41 AM »
Had a spell of vertigo yesterday. Felt like I'm in heavy seas out of nowhere. Now I desperately want to know what caused it.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #6091 on: August 28, 2018, 03:21:44 AM »
Had a spell of vertigo yesterday. Felt like I'm in heavy seas out of nowhere. Now I desperately want to know what caused it.

Lupus.

Or anything else, really.

Fifstar

« Reply #6092 on: August 28, 2018, 05:15:23 AM »
Thought I got a nice legit deal on a holiday trip after days of hunting. Got cancelled 3 hours later  >:(
Gulp

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6093 on: August 28, 2018, 05:30:49 AM »
Lupus.

Or anything else, really.
It's not Lupus!

I hear you about the "anything else", though. So weird.

Huff

« Reply #6094 on: August 28, 2018, 08:28:56 AM »
I promised myself not to buy new jeans until I lost weight.  I have since blown the crotch out of my last two pairs of jeans and one pair of chinos.  I figure if I have crotch holes in all my pants, then I can't leave the house and can just eat myself to death on delivery.   

The fuck is going on with your crotch that you blow out three pairs of pants :mindblown
I’ve done it as well.

Jeans can only handle so much fupa.  :doge

Yeah but imagine trying to use tinder if your deaf or scarred from the measles
dur

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6095 on: August 28, 2018, 08:42:44 AM »
THE HEAT

skullstorm

« Reply #6096 on: August 28, 2018, 07:29:04 PM »

A little while ago I had a pretty scary occurrence of vertigo too. It was my day off and I slept in and when I woke up I stayed in bed looking at my phone for a while, felt completely normal. Then I got up and immediately felt like the world had flipped over and I just fell and had to really make an effort to fall back into the bed and not face first into a dresser. Like I really felt the moment I got up like someone had turned the world sideways and my body didn't know which way it should be, it was creepy as hell. Then I felt really fucking woozy and couldn't move for a while and when I finally managed to get back up I couldn't walk without leaning on the walls. I thought I was having a stroke or something. But then slowly I started feeling better and then it went away completely and hasn't happened again (so far).

I have no idea what the hell caused it but it was pretty unsettling. If it ever happens again I'm calling a doctor.

shosta

« Reply #6097 on: August 28, 2018, 10:39:40 PM »
Wow, I was just in bed this morning.
每天生气

skullstorm

« Reply #6098 on: August 29, 2018, 05:40:07 AM »
Stay safe!

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6099 on: August 29, 2018, 07:45:08 AM »
Had a long week. Feels so long, I thought it was Thursday, but it's only Wednesday.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6100 on: August 30, 2018, 04:43:42 AM »
This was a hard-and-fast rule when I was a kid, no calls or visiting between 6-8PM, just to be considerate. Also, no calls after 10PM.

:oldmanshoutsatcloud.gif

Raist

« Reply #6101 on: August 30, 2018, 07:43:14 AM »
This was a hard-and-fast rule when I was a kid, no calls or visiting between 6-8PM, just to be considerate. Also, no calls after 10PM.

To be fair, things were really different in the 1940s.

Huff

« Reply #6102 on: August 30, 2018, 08:41:27 AM »
how could they call when phones hadn't been invented yet?
dur

Huff

« Reply #6103 on: September 02, 2018, 08:34:35 AM »
I’m very hung over
dur

shosta

« Reply #6104 on: September 02, 2018, 11:23:16 AM »

as a young person who grew up with cellphones a huge chunk of my adolescence was spent on the phone in the middle of the night with one girl or another. I think this is common for my generation, too.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
regular phone sex during highschool :lawd
[close]
每天生气

Raist

« Reply #6105 on: September 02, 2018, 11:54:19 AM »

as a young person who grew up with cellphones a huge chunk of my adolescence was spent on the phone in the middle of the night with one girl or another. I think this is common for my generation, too.
[close]

That was probably quite practical, being able to use an iPhone 6.

Raist

« Reply #6106 on: September 02, 2018, 11:55:59 AM »

[close]

That was probably quite practical, being able to use an iPhone 6.

User warned: second instance of ageism ITT

shosta

« Reply #6107 on: September 02, 2018, 11:58:20 AM »
It was a flip phone!
:bolo
每天生气

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6108 on: September 02, 2018, 12:04:09 PM »

Raist is on fire in this thread. Usually spectrum-dwellers can't really crack decent jokes, so I'm impressed.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #6109 on: September 02, 2018, 04:50:33 PM »
Just learned today that my dad and my two uncles all have "cancerous or pre-cancerous" growths in their colons and that they can no longer eat cured meats or red meat anymore.  Nothing life threatening, for now, but this is very much a wake up call.

And since I'm genetically similar to my dad I really need to get my shit together now while I'm still young and healthy.  :doge

So... I'll be rarely eating beef paddies, steak, pepperoni, salami, and a bunch of other fun stuff.  :fbm

I'll mostly be eating chicken, small fish, eggs, and a fuck load of vegetables for the rest of my days.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #6110 on: September 02, 2018, 05:03:10 PM »
Relative to my mom.  :doge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6111 on: September 02, 2018, 05:05:46 PM »
too bad your mom didn't cheat with a genetically superior man. you'd be half black and eating all the steaks n burgers you want  :rejoice :rejoice

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #6112 on: September 02, 2018, 05:07:47 PM »
It's 50/50 breh
Yeah but I don’t have blue eyes and blonde hair.  :doge

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #6113 on: September 02, 2018, 05:41:08 PM »
I used to but overtime all that knowledge got replaced with memes.  :doge

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #6114 on: September 02, 2018, 07:10:12 PM »
I was over at my parent's place today and the subject of vaccines came up (they're definitely near the "against" camp  :goty2 )

And I jokingly said that I have a touch of the 'tism because I was the only one of my siblings that got most of my vaccines as a baby/young child.

They did not disagree. :brazilcry

I want to cradle you in my arms like you’re my child.
serge

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #6115 on: September 02, 2018, 07:54:27 PM »
I don’t care what’s wrong with Atra. I just want him to feel loved.
serge

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #6116 on: September 02, 2018, 11:48:28 PM »
Just learned today that my dad and my two uncles all have "cancerous or pre-cancerous" growths in their colons and that they can no longer eat cured meats or red meat anymore.  Nothing life threatening, for now, but this is very much a wake up call.

And since I'm genetically similar to my dad I really need to get my shit together now while I'm still young and healthy.  :doge

So... I'll be rarely eating beef paddies, steak, pepperoni, salami, and a bunch of other fun stuff.  :fbm

I'll mostly be eating chicken, small fish, eggs, and a fuck load of vegetables for the rest of my days.

Everyone will get cancerous cells eventually. The question is if it's the type that causes problems or if it just sits there waiting for a doctor to tickle it with an annual prostate exam. Usually it's the latter for several decades past retirement.

Don't worry, be happy, and tickle yourself every now and then.

Raist

« Reply #6117 on: September 03, 2018, 04:23:11 AM »
It's 50/50 breh

That's not how genetics works  :rage

Raist

« Reply #6118 on: September 03, 2018, 05:02:46 AM »

Raist is on fire in this thread. Usually spectrum-dwellers can't really crack decent jokes, so I'm impressed.

:-*

spectrum-dwellers

Wait, what?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 05:08:20 AM by Raist »

Raist

« Reply #6119 on: September 03, 2018, 06:39:12 AM »
It was a flip phone!
:bolo

As if you were born when flip phones were around :lol

Ain't gonna fool me, kiddo.