Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 893624 times)

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
Re: minor inconveniences that are not struggles
« Reply #7800 on: February 29, 2020, 01:18:51 AM »
Social anxiety kicked in hard tonight. Was doing totally fine. Spending the evening with some people I know and some people I don't. We move over to another spot. Immediately clam up. Within 10 minutes I bolt out and head home.

I don't think social anxiety has gripped me and forced my hand like that in like 4 months if not longer. Strange little thing. You forget how dominant that feeling can be when it hasn't showed up in a long time. just gotta keep on trucking. It's in fact a good thing in a way that even though it won the battle tonight, it's been a very long time since that has happened. Progress.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #7801 on: February 29, 2020, 01:27:46 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/John-Varvatos-Artisan-Cologne-Spray/dp/B007340K8S/

my favorite scent. I love it and everyone who smells it on me seems to love it too  :-[ but the quality is shit  ::) doesn't last long at all and sometimes it smells a bit like alcohol when I spray it  :stahp I just want this same scent but made with higher quality  :-\

tried this one: https://www.amazon.com/Givenchy-Gentlemen-Only-Absolute-Parfum/dp/B01HQ1ACD0/

quality is def better, but I'm not caring for the scent so much  :larry

This is my fave. I think someone here may have recommended it. Maybe. Someone somewhere recommended it. Anyway, get used to it, bitch.

https://www.amazon.com/HISTOIRES-PARFUMS-1740-Parfum-Spray/dp/B00KJGO6V4/ref=sr_1_3?crid=18LRL0QPSMJ48&keywords=histoires+de+parfum+1740&qid=1582957495
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7802 on: February 29, 2020, 06:42:56 AM »
Composition: Bergamot, Davina Sensualist, Patchouli, Coriander, Cardamom, Cedar, Birch, Labdanum, Leather, Vanilla, Elemi, Immortelle
:thinking

do girls like it?

EVOL

« Reply #7803 on: March 01, 2020, 06:50:29 AM »
there’s a few confirmed cases of coronavirus in my city and they all happen to be 10 min drives away from my house.  :holeup

So I’ve pretty much been holed up in my house for like 10 days straight right now, feeling both crushing boredom and cabin fever. Hope this shit blows over quick but it doesn’t look like it’s going to get better anytime soon  :goty

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #7804 on: March 01, 2020, 11:07:33 PM »
ebruenig liked and then unliked my reply :goty
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #7805 on: March 02, 2020, 12:44:02 AM »
I'm subscribed to only one onlyfans account and she hasn't posted in two weeks. Tryna figure out what I'm paying $10/mo for...
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7806 on: March 02, 2020, 12:45:20 AM »
bell delphine?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #7807 on: March 02, 2020, 12:46:29 AM »
I'm subscribed to only one onlyfans account and she hasn't posted in two weeks. Tryna figure out what I'm paying $10/mo for...

goth girls gotta deal with depression dude

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7808 on: March 02, 2020, 12:46:49 AM »
The $10/mo is your PSL.
©@©™

shosta

« Reply #7809 on: March 02, 2020, 12:49:31 AM »
bell delphine?
if belle delphine had an onlyfans I'd sign up in a heartbeat. I once jacked it to her for two hours straight and it was the best jerk off session in my life. I go absolutely caveman horny for her
每天生气

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7810 on: March 02, 2020, 08:58:50 AM »
she seems like she's only one step away from those baby/toddler weirdos

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #7811 on: March 03, 2020, 06:42:46 PM »
Maybe they already projected that they lost you as a customer and they're just waiting for you to do a charge back so they can close your account/refuse to do business with you in the future.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #7812 on: March 05, 2020, 12:51:05 AM »
Got a pretty good job offer, but it comes with a paycut. I could absorb it by dipping into savings for about a year. It'd be a 9-5 and I could keep my sanity possibly. But now that I'm faced with the very real possibility of leaving my job I don't know if I could deal with a 9-5, it'd be like retiring. Also I have debt to pay off and I'd rather have that done sooner than later. Ugh. decisions decisions. I know it's not really a struggle, but I worry I'll make the wrong decision either way.
que

archnemesis

« Reply #7813 on: March 05, 2020, 04:30:40 AM »
I was ready to make a temporary pay cut when I left my last job. My pain threshold was maybe 10% below of what I was making in exchange for doing something that I actually care about. Fortunately I lucked out and ended up with a 30% increase instead.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7814 on: March 05, 2020, 09:24:15 AM »
Got a pretty good job offer, but it comes with a paycut. I could absorb it by dipping into savings for about a year. It'd be a 9-5 and I could keep my sanity possibly. But now that I'm faced with the very real possibility of leaving my job I don't know if I could deal with a 9-5, it'd be like retiring. Also I have debt to pay off and I'd rather have that done sooner than later. Ugh. decisions decisions. I know it's not really a struggle, but I worry I'll make the wrong decision either way.

Angst over life decisions? That's core struggle shit right there, babe.

shosta

« Reply #7815 on: March 05, 2020, 02:35:54 PM »
My biology lecture and lab instructors pronounce it "or-guh-neelz" and "or-guh-neh-leez", respectively.

:goty
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #7816 on: March 05, 2020, 02:46:59 PM »
Or-gee-lays, it's Italian.
©@©™

TVC15

« Reply #7817 on: March 05, 2020, 08:40:29 PM »
Really bummed about my trip being likely to get canned. Wonder if I should fly down on my own cash, or just delay until this stabilizes, but how long will that be? I was hoping to move sometime between June and August, but everything is all ??? now.
serge

Bebpo

« Reply #7818 on: March 05, 2020, 09:56:49 PM »
Went back to work today. Haven't been sleeping much from some issues from my dental surgery, haven't been eating much, on a lot of meds making giving me nauseau and dizziness, pain and swelling and a giant fucking hole in my teeth (I swear they took out the biggest tooth I have on one side), talking a bit funny with that gap, stressed out from some stupid insurance stuff on top of this and don't get me started on the covid19.

So got back and had a ton of emails and people being dumb on various cases and a bunch of emergency tasks outta nowhere that I had to deal with that I shouldn't have had to but the other attorney's being an fucking idiot.

And all this stuff made me be in a really pissy mood at work today, got in a fight with everyone and yelled a lot and just wanted to toss a table and walk away.

...probably should've just set an out of office responder and not come back until Monday.

Bebpo

« Reply #7819 on: March 05, 2020, 10:47:45 PM »
I'm in a better mood, but still working from home right now just because I had so much shit to do and the more I can get done, the more manageable this all is. I think I'll be ok, fingers crossed.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7820 on: March 06, 2020, 04:28:50 PM »
Today was such a frustrating day - found out experiments I started running 2 days ago silently failed and so were actually running on cpu not gpu, which means they'd take like 1000 years to actually finish.  Then it took 6 hours to figure out the issue, because they do work as expected on the two places that I'm suppose to debug code but not the place that I'm suppose to run full experiments. 

TVC15

« Reply #7821 on: March 06, 2020, 04:38:06 PM »
I’m kind of on the verge of panicking right now about this work from home situation. I’m starting to realize the anxiety is too heavy for me to do anything with. I can’t focus or meditate or watch my breath or do the things that calm me down :( I’m hoping that whenever I fall asleep, I’ll be more calm when I wake up, but I can’t do anything about it right now
serge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7822 on: March 06, 2020, 05:06:10 PM »
I missed what happened with work?  why was your trip canceled?

TVC15

« Reply #7823 on: March 06, 2020, 05:17:46 PM »
I missed what happened with work?  why was your trip canceled?

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=46908.msg2804778#msg2804778

Have to work from home for the next week, at least :(
serge

TVC15

« Reply #7824 on: March 06, 2020, 05:45:51 PM »
Sometimes when I'm feeling super lazy and didn't get enough done I just take a couple days off so that the amount of work I have to get done is minimized. 

But hang in there man;  can you tell your boss working from home is hard for you?

I don’t think taking days off is going to be an option, but there’s a chance. I have two deadlines the following Monday, so attempted strategic slacking is probably not something I should get in my head. But who knows, maybe they’ll be delayed. Luckily there’s kind of generalized chaos right now.

My manager is off today. I shot him a text saying I’d probably need to talk about this. He’s cool and understanding and I’m sure he’ll be sympathetic, but there’s not really much he can actually do. I’m hoping I’ll have calmed down a little by the time I talk to him.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #7825 on: March 06, 2020, 06:31:18 PM »
I think the uncertainty of how long this will go on is really what’s bugging me. I have everything I need for next week and there shouldn’t be any blocking issues. It’s the week after that where work isn’t so defined yet. Ugh, I really hope my temperament improves after a sleep. I kind of wish I had some Ativan or Xanax left.

First world problems: only the finest.
serge

bluemax

« Reply #7826 on: March 06, 2020, 11:02:49 PM »
Lavender candles my fellow borian.
NO

TVC15

« Reply #7827 on: March 06, 2020, 11:22:20 PM »
Hey, thanks for listening to me whine earlier. I appreciate it. I wish I could say there wouldn’t be more.

I’ve been watching a block of Golden Girls eps on Logo while stoned and I finally feel chill. Just wanted to show you some thank you for being a friend.

Rose and Blanche and Dorothy got legs. Also this was allegedly a stage show for children. In what era would it be appropriate to have elderly women in sexually revealing clothing show off their goodies for children? Also Joss Whedon’s dad wrote this ep.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 11:32:15 PM by TVC15 »
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7828 on: March 07, 2020, 09:31:30 PM »
my white nationalist bae blocked me on twitter  ::)

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7829 on: March 07, 2020, 09:43:10 PM »
my white nationalist bae blocked me on twitter  ::)

which one is this, not syrian bae right?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7830 on: March 07, 2020, 09:43:56 PM »
cassandra fairbanks, her nudes are  :drool

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7831 on: March 07, 2020, 09:44:53 PM »
lmao, she's a WN now? I thought she was one of the various libertarian e-girls popping up

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7832 on: March 07, 2020, 09:55:55 PM »
she hates neocons, but loves white nationalists  :lol

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7833 on: March 07, 2020, 09:59:57 PM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7834 on: March 08, 2020, 09:27:02 AM »
Woke up today thinking I got up early - Nope.  FU DLS. 

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7835 on: March 08, 2020, 06:41:08 PM »
just make sure that leg hair is on fleek

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7836 on: March 12, 2020, 04:06:07 PM »
BORK'S PACKAGE DELIVERY WOES: CASE #459

Amazon (carrier) delivered three games I ordered that released this week early-  One on Monday and two today, all one day before the official release dates.  That's just too good, so something had to go wrong.

Took the package today and opened it to find...some cloth-thing inside.  Ran outside, but missed the delivery driver.  Checked the label and it was my neighbor's address.  Found my package on their doorstep.  Ran back inside, re-sealed the package, and put a note on it, then switched them out.

The neighbors have a Ring doorbell, so I probably look like I was stealing from them.  😑  I rang the bell but nobody answered.
:stahp

Told Amazon and they gave me a credit for it, which is great and all- just didn't want this happen again.  Don't know how you can get the addresses confused when our doors have large number plates on them, lol.
ど助平

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #7837 on: March 13, 2020, 07:01:38 AM »
sooo my ski holiday is not going ahead as the resorts are all closing down this weekend

:fbm

BisMarckie

« Reply #7838 on: March 13, 2020, 08:11:27 PM »
sooo my ski holiday is not going ahead as the resorts are all closing down this weekend

You were actually planning on going to Austria, godspeed you lunatic. :salute

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7839 on: March 14, 2020, 05:52:16 PM »
My real boi internet is taking forever to install. Appointment was 10-12, showed up like 12:30, it’s 3 and he’s still doing something at the post, even tho the internet is up, go awayyyyy lingererrrr

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #7840 on: March 14, 2020, 05:54:53 PM »
He’s probably downloading a bunch of hentai while he is at your IP
WDW

jorma

« Reply #7841 on: March 14, 2020, 06:06:17 PM »
My real boi internet is taking forever to install. Appointment was 10-12, showed up like 12:30, it’s 3 and he’s still doing something at the post, even tho the internet is up, go awayyyyy lingererrrr

He is probably just stalling to make sure he shows up at his 2:30 appointment at the appropriate time.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7842 on: March 14, 2020, 06:58:06 PM »
Omg real speed thank you Jesus I’ve made it. Cabin in the woods with strong wifi. Gettin ~300/30Mbps on speed tests

shosta

« Reply #7843 on: March 14, 2020, 11:58:36 PM »
Back on a diet because my pants stopped fitting and goddamn I hate being hungry  :mjcry
每天生气

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #7844 on: March 15, 2020, 05:48:11 AM »

You were actually planning on going to Austria, godspeed you lunatic. :salute

Lmao, of course breh no virus gonna get between me and sweet pow pow breh. They did attempt to change the flights and hotel to France but they just closed their resorts at midnight. It sucks, but at the same time my buddy just flew yesterday to ski and got to the resort just as they made the announcement so he’s now at the resort with fuck all to do, so life could be worse.

shosta

« Reply #7845 on: March 15, 2020, 09:49:41 PM »
getting back into breakbeat... this will be me soon

每天生气

shosta

« Reply #7846 on: March 18, 2020, 04:57:20 PM »
I wrote this today...  :doge

Code: [Select]
awk -F ' - ' '{
  printf "INSERT INTO items (item, reading, definition) VALUES ('"'"'" $1 "'"'"', '"'"'" $2 "'"'"', '"'"'" $3 "'"'"') "
  printf "ON CONFLICT (item) DO UPDATE SET item='"'"'" $1 "'"'"', reading='"'"'" $2 "'"'"', definition='"'"'" $3 "'"'"' ;\n"
}' $content_file | psql $db_name

...is there a more readable way to process lines and pipe queries into postgres? Maybe with printf -q?
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7847 on: March 22, 2020, 11:16:46 AM »
Used a new mustache wax and now my dog won't give me kisses.  Traitor. 

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #7848 on: March 22, 2020, 01:53:22 PM »
I wrote this today...  :doge

Code: [Select]
awk -F ' - ' '{
  printf "INSERT INTO items (item, reading, definition) VALUES ('"'"'" $1 "'"'"', '"'"'" $2 "'"'"', '"'"'" $3 "'"'"') "
  printf "ON CONFLICT (item) DO UPDATE SET item='"'"'" $1 "'"'"', reading='"'"'" $2 "'"'"', definition='"'"'" $3 "'"'"' ;\n"
}' $content_file | psql $db_name

...is there a more readable way to process lines and pipe queries into postgres? Maybe with printf -q?
I only know how to do that in python where pandas/numpy make it pretty easy. I'm guessing you could make a custom function with arguments that let you write it into your program in a more readable way depending on the structure of your source data.

I don't know if anybody here does web scraping but what is the general etiquette when it comes websites that don't have a robots.txt page? For reference, it's like 70k web pages of public info I have to scrape on a government site.

shosta

« Reply #7849 on: March 22, 2020, 02:00:08 PM »
The awk script got bigger so I just put it in a separate file  :wow
每天生气

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #7850 on: March 23, 2020, 04:23:34 PM »
Modern dilemma: I want to help out local restaurants by ordering there ... but I suspect they're cutting all kinds of corners in order to remain profitable.

Solution: Order the food and give to my in-laws.   :brain

Ghoul

« Reply #7851 on: March 24, 2020, 11:02:55 AM »
Work continues just to hammer me with requests and despite me telling users to raise calls so I can get it logged and tracked they just email me.
I never really check emails from anyone other than who is in my team, so I then catch an email of the user complaining I'm not fixing their issues
sorry I'm not gonna help you, if you can't read my out of office that states I do not help people who do not raise tickets.

bluemax

« Reply #7852 on: March 27, 2020, 12:23:46 AM »
So back in December I spent a bunch of time cleaning my apartment, getting rid of an accumulation of shit, and generally trying to make a it a cozier less cluttered space. The majority of it was things I had intended to do for a long time and finally had the time and energy to do, but also I was dating a girl who is very into minimalism who helped me push through with it.

A month ago I offered up my spare bedroom to a former co-worker whose building priced them out. I thought it might be good in that it would force me to have to interact with someone (at a time when I was feeling lonely due to a breakup) and also extra money is always nice. This roommate has absolutely taken over my kitchen, to the point that I was trying to just put away my food and there was almost nowhere at the moment for me to put a container out and put food into it. And they have half emptied boxes just lying around the edges of my kitchen and dining area. I'm trying to be chill about this because obviously the whole social distancing thing means this roommate can't just take this stuff to their parents house for extra storage or whatever, but it does make me kinda twitchy having all this stuff just laying around and also losing 3/4 of my fridge and 80% of my counter space.

This situation was agreed upon as a short term trial anyhow, so maybe when this whole quasi quarantine is over we can decide it is not working. Shit, I just realized it hasn't even been a full month of this person yet.
NO

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #7853 on: March 27, 2020, 02:36:26 AM »
You make empty gestures, you get crowded kitchens.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7854 on: March 27, 2020, 06:24:03 AM »
It's really surprising how many people can be completely inconsiderate after they've been afforded an overwhelmingly kind gesture.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #7855 on: March 28, 2020, 11:07:22 PM »
i finished redecorating, it was supposed to be a triumph but now i feel empty inside, having nothing else to do :goty2

Redecorate in Animal Crossing now.
©@©™

Ghoul

« Reply #7856 on: March 30, 2020, 10:42:40 AM »
Ticket closed: USER has confirmed this issue was previously resolved.
ME please ensure you close calls when they have been completed.
Many Thanks
Jobsworth

After I go out of my way to fix something you couldn't do, probably not the smartest idea to start giving me shit, I'm not customer facing or have much to do with the ticket system.
Needless to say next time he escalates I'll leave that for a while.

GRRRRRR!

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7857 on: March 30, 2020, 06:32:42 PM »
trying to file last year's and this year's with turbo tax, it says I can't file an older return with the free version  >:(

Cheddahz

« Reply #7858 on: March 30, 2020, 08:38:27 PM »
Professor last week - "Now, with everything going on...I'm going to set a minimum grade and if you're happy with it (I had a B+ in the class ftw), you don't have to do anything else for the rest of the semester. I understand these are strange times and not everyone has the ability to work from home as they would at school"

Professor tonight - "Okay fuckers, here's six assignments you have to do and we have a scheduled meeting during a time that isn't our normal class time"

:goty

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #7859 on: March 30, 2020, 08:45:48 PM »
the same one?