Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 894068 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: minor inconveniences that are not struggles
« Reply #8220 on: August 28, 2020, 06:20:42 PM »
I imported some ginseng root crystals from Korea to help with my energy levels on nights where I don't get enough sleep (a lot of nights). I've tried them twice now and I feel so fucking high I can't function or work. I even tried only using 1/2 a bag today but yeah I should not use this stuff anymore.

My mind just feels like caffeine x 10000 and I can't focus.

Ginseng is a plant. What the hell are ginseng root crystals?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8221 on: August 28, 2020, 07:25:08 PM »
send them my way, breh  :doge

I'll take 7 and go super sonic  :trumps
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 07:29:34 PM by filler »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8222 on: August 28, 2020, 07:28:55 PM »
Apparently you can't save videos to a playlist on youtube when they are made for kids.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8223 on: August 28, 2020, 07:30:11 PM »
 :biden

Bebpo

« Reply #8224 on: August 28, 2020, 08:10:17 PM »
I imported some ginseng root crystals from Korea to help with my energy levels on nights where I don't get enough sleep (a lot of nights). I've tried them twice now and I feel so fucking high I can't function or work. I even tried only using 1/2 a bag today but yeah I should not use this stuff anymore.

My mind just feels like caffeine x 10000 and I can't focus.

Ginseng is a plant. What the hell are ginseng root crystals?

I was looking for some ginseng tea online but all I could find was like lemon/green tea with ginseng and I wanted pure ginseng and I stumbled across this stuff which had really good reviews. It's basically the root ground up into dissolvable salt kinda crystals?

https://www.amazon.com/Prince-Peace-Instant-Korean-Ginseng/dp/B001CZHAPU/

Definitely need tolerance for this stuff I think, it boosts my anxiety too much so can't take it.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8225 on: August 28, 2020, 08:19:30 PM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8226 on: August 28, 2020, 08:31:26 PM »
I soak my junk in dissolved Korean ginseng crystals before every sex-party excursion. 

:preach :delicious :woody

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8227 on: August 28, 2020, 11:08:20 PM »
Apparently you can't save videos to a playlist on youtube when they are made for kids.

I'm sure you'll find some way to watch your Marvel videos.
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8228 on: August 29, 2020, 12:13:19 PM »
No dad, these are my dinosooor shooows.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8229 on: August 29, 2020, 12:15:41 PM »
Real struggle had an appointment with the dentist.  Get there after a 20 minute walk and they need to reschedule.  Said they tried calling twice and sent a text, but my phone was at work.  Said they didn't send an email because it looked like a work email (its a school address) and they didn't think I'd check it. 

:mindblown

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #8230 on: August 30, 2020, 05:31:59 PM »
So Im listening to the new Metalica live album and theres the annoying 1 second pause between tracks.

It's 2020, why isnt this shit fixed? We had seamless playback 20 fucking years ago with CDs
:O

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8231 on: September 08, 2020, 11:37:46 AM »
My uncle is starting chemo today and I'm not sure how to address it.  Like wishing luck seems too light and saying love seems to despondent.  Guess just letting them know I'm thinking of them is really all I want to say.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8232 on: September 08, 2020, 01:39:35 PM »
"heard you're starting chemo today, big oof"
©@©™

james

« Reply #8233 on: September 08, 2020, 02:27:25 PM »
My uncle is starting chemo today and I'm not sure how to address it.  Like wishing luck seems too light and saying love seems to despondent.  Guess just letting them know I'm thinking of them is really all I want to say.

Going with classic masculinity.

"Give that cancer hell, chief!"

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8234 on: September 08, 2020, 06:25:08 PM »
"spit in cancers mouth before you fuck its tight ass"

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8235 on: September 09, 2020, 12:55:35 PM »
bork moment of the day:
I had two packages that were supposed to be delivered yesterday through USPS to the mailbox at my house; one of them was delivered correctly, the other one said it was delivered to a Post Office in the next town over. So I go to the post office first thing this morning, and they're like "Oh gee, I guess that came here and we just stuck it in the PO box of the guy that has the same name as you, we'll call him and ask him to bring it back."

:rage

Fortunately his wife was home and she said she's bring it back in a few minutes and the post office lady said she'd put it with my employer's mail for them to pick up later (sure, great, what could go wrong?) Then she was like "Hmmm, I wonder what we can do to stop this from happening in the future?" I'm like I dunno, just look at the address on the package? Somehow all my other mail manages to get to my house instead of a random PO box in a different town. Then she says "Maybe you should just call if you're expecting a package so I'll know if it shows up here." I'm not calling every time I get mail, lady. gtfoh

:notlikethis

©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8236 on: September 09, 2020, 01:01:17 PM »
She was hitting on you. 

james

« Reply #8237 on: September 09, 2020, 01:22:06 PM »
I think something is wrong with the PM system?

I dont think Shosta is getting my messages

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8238 on: September 09, 2020, 01:24:53 PM »
I'll check discord to see if he is making fun of your PMs for you.  You're welcome.

james

« Reply #8239 on: September 09, 2020, 01:25:16 PM »
I'll check discord to see if he is making fun of your PMs for you.  You're welcome.

Hes probably worried he hasnt heard from me?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8240 on: September 09, 2020, 01:27:41 PM »
That doesn't sound like him, but I'll check.  You're welcome. 

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8241 on: September 09, 2020, 01:38:10 PM »
She was hitting on you. 

Ew, she was old.
©@©™

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #8242 on: September 09, 2020, 02:20:08 PM »
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:44:15 PM by BIONIC »
Margs

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8243 on: September 09, 2020, 07:41:15 PM »
bork moment of the day:
I had two packages that were supposed to be delivered yesterday through USPS to the mailbox at my house; one of them was delivered correctly, the other one said it was delivered to a Post Office in the next town over. So I go to the post office first thing this morning, and they're like "Oh gee, I guess that came here and we just stuck it in the PO box of the guy that has the same name as you, we'll call him and ask him to bring it back."

Fortunately his wife was home and she said she's bring it back in a few minutes and the post office lady said she'd put it with my employer's mail for them to pick up later (sure, great, what could go wrong?) Then she was like "Hmmm, I wonder what we can do to stop this from happening in the future?" I'm like I dunno, just look at the address on the package? Somehow all my other mail manages to get to my house instead of a random PO box in a different town. Then she says "Maybe you should just call if you're expecting a package so I'll know if it shows up here." I'm not calling every time I get mail, lady. gtfoh

It’s stunning to me lately how many people seem to think the rest of the world’s solutions or someone else’s responsibility. I always try to start with myself, figure out what I can change to make a situation better.

There are plenty of things that other people can do to make the world better, just as I try to do them myself. But I can’t control them, I can only control myself.

james

« Reply #8244 on: September 09, 2020, 08:40:08 PM »
That doesn't sound like him, but I'll check.  You're welcome.

Any updates?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8245 on: September 09, 2020, 08:59:08 PM »
Oh I forgot to ask.  I'll ask tomorrow since we are a little busy with Drinky threatening to butt rape people and take over the server right now.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8246 on: September 10, 2020, 10:26:10 AM »
Fuck I'm tired today

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8247 on: September 10, 2020, 11:22:24 AM »
bork moment of the day:

I feel your pain.  Been having to go to the post office a lot since our mailbox situation remains unresolved- and by that I mean we got the old mailboxes removed and they installed new theft-proof ones...then didn't give anyone the keys to them, so we all have to go there to get any mail.  I signed up for informed delivery and usually don't get any of the mail they say should be there or get my neighbor's mail. 

Was standing in line yesterday and listening to what else almost the same conversation over and over again-

Person: I didn't get my package!
Clerk: Mail delivery was delayed because of the holiday Monday.  Drivers were out until 11 PM the last few days trying to catch up.  You should get it tomorrow.
Person: That's what you guys told me yesterday!
Clerk: I don't know what to tell you.  You're just going to have to wait.
Person: This is ridiculous.  I keep having to come here--
Clerk: Well, let's not make it a wasted trip!  WANT TO BUY SOME STAMPS!?  SPECIAL SUMMER STAMPS ON SALE NOW!!  HOW MANY YOU WANT??

The third time he said this, someone standing in line went "shut the fuck up already!" and walked out.   :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8248 on: September 10, 2020, 11:40:18 AM »
Same mail clerk last week:

Customer: This package says it was delivered but I never got it.
Clerk: Ma'am, it's likely going to come today.
Another customer: They do that all the time- just give it another day or two and it should show up.
Customer: That's ridiculous! 
Another customer: I agree.  But what are ya gonna do?
Customer: Can you check in the back and see if it might be there?
Clerk: It's not.
Customer: You won't even check?
Clerk: It's not there.
Customer: You can't even LOOK for me?
Clerk: Nope.  Come back tomorrow if it's not there.

This guy is super amped all the time and goes back and forth between being super friendly and a complete a-hole.  Another guy there said he had a good personality and asked us if we would listen to him if he was a radio DJ.  He kept trying to get the clerk's info and left/came back several times trying to give him business cards and crap.  Maybe it would have helped if he looked professional instead of like a slob in a ripped up, dirty t-shirt and beach towel instead of pants.
 :waluigi
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8249 on: September 15, 2020, 07:35:56 AM »
haven't slept much at all the past 3-4 days and had a p good break with reality  :doge last couple times it was that bad I wasn't sober and ended up in inpatient care :lol I must be getting better at it   :neogaf confused mom a bit with my nonsense  :insane

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #8250 on: September 15, 2020, 08:05:35 AM »
Not just your mom tbh  :doge
Margs

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8251 on: September 15, 2020, 08:46:06 AM »
So I stumbled into $230k worth of beef and 7 hottubs, and I really don't know what to do with it all.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8252 on: September 17, 2020, 02:39:03 PM »
My canteen unscrewed itself while walking to work today so I didn't have morning through afternoon coffee.  Had to come home early. 

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8253 on: September 17, 2020, 02:55:56 PM »
So I stumbled into $230k worth of beef and 7 hottubs, and I really don't know what to do with it all.

We’ll be over for Borecon in a few hours, tell the border patrol we’re clean.
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8254 on: September 17, 2020, 03:23:55 PM »
Starbucks and tims but I after spilling mine it felt wrong to replace it.  I was still in the process of grieving I guess. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8255 on: September 17, 2020, 03:28:18 PM »
No, closed for Covid.  We have an amazing expresso machine too.  Now I got to buy my own and that shit is expensive. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8256 on: September 24, 2020, 04:59:25 AM »
I’m exhausted.

I worked maybe 45 hours a week at the previous company.

The new place was similar, but I had a 90 minute commute. Since switching to WFH on April 1, I’ve been putting in 10-12 hour days consistently, just trying to stay on top of the biggest project I’ve ever managed, and the first project tackled as a remote office by a VERY office-centered culture company. Last two weeks were 6 day weeks, and our delivery yesterday was a 14 hour day.

I am really, really tired.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8257 on: September 27, 2020, 09:06:33 AM »
Think I fell into a mini-depression again.  Got to go to work and excessize for a few days and I should be fine but all I want to do is saty at home and play Stardew all day. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8258 on: September 27, 2020, 10:07:35 AM »
Also I like buying Old Spice anti-antiperspirant because they have cool names like 'Bearglove' and 'Wolfthorne'.  So, having bought and sported the rest, I tried what I think is a new addition to the lineup, 'Dragonblast'.  Should have called it 'Dragonass'.  Well at least I only have to smell like this for a few months.   

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8259 on: September 27, 2020, 12:01:31 PM »
You know you could just go buy another stick that doesn't smell terrible?

In this economy??
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8260 on: September 27, 2020, 12:04:05 PM »
You know you could just go buy another stick that doesn't smell terrible?

No, it will be a daily reminder to never try new things and then in a few months I can go back to smelling like the delicate flower I am. But it is pretty overwhelming.  Like walking down the street on a windy day I kept asking myself  "what is that smell?  :yuck" and then remembering "O right its me.  :gloomy"

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8261 on: September 27, 2020, 03:55:56 PM »
I don't want to be an alpha.  I want to smell pretty. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8262 on: September 30, 2020, 10:39:55 PM »
So the insulin prices went from $42 for 3 vials to $188 for 3 vials to $220 for 3 vials in 3 months. Eli Lily just keeps upping the price. But as the user has an insulin pump, everything pump related including insulin is supposed to be 100% covered by Part B. However, neither the pharmacy nor the doctor's office ever did the paper work to file it under B, so we've been paying for insulin for years that should have been free.

:beli
Have the pharmacy or doctors office resubmit the paperwork, and inform the insurance agency. You should receive a refund. Bonus points: have your HR department at work handle it for you.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8263 on: October 02, 2020, 10:04:07 PM »
It's not a work related thing. The pharmacy and doctor's office are sending back and forth the paper work. Allegedly. I've seen how long this shit takes so it's a good thing I didn't wait until I was down to one vial left.
Sorry, I just realized you might be from a country with socialized health care. Bad assumption on my part to assume you’re American.

In the USA, where insurance benefits are part of the package negotiated by an HR department on the employee’s behalf, the HR department is generally obligated to work out any snags that have occurred related to that benefit. It’s a small advantage in an otherwise disadvantaged  system.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8264 on: October 02, 2020, 11:46:51 PM »
Work is cracking down on anyone using equipment for personal use- this includes social media. 
 :existential

spoiler (click to show/hide)
So I went out and got a Lenovo Chromebook Duet this afternoon.  Fits nicely on my desk, is nice and fast, and will allow me to keep from going completely insane. 
 :obama

Talked to two co-workers before signing off for the day- one of them is also about to buy a tablet and the other one is breaking out his Surface for the same thing, lol.
[close]
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8265 on: October 03, 2020, 06:39:36 PM »
I am American. It's a senior on Medicare, not work insurance

Ah, there rare instance of socialized insurance in the USA, and on some else’s behalf.

Shit. Yeah, you’re going to have to deal with bureaucracy, or pay. That sucks, Stro.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8266 on: October 04, 2020, 04:07:00 AM »
I shouldn't have to do anything but wait a few days. It should be all handled between the doctors office and pharmacy.

Do you get any money back, for crap they were supposed to have covered?
Can you tell the pharmacy that they were responsible for the paperwork, and need to refund it? This is probably grasping at straws, sorry. I bet you've looked at every angle already.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8267 on: October 04, 2020, 08:10:05 AM »
Man I got to get my weight and mental health under control.  I can recongise now that I'm not in a great place that can spiral into a depressive episode but shit its hard to do the things that will fix this - namily eating right, not drinking, working out, and going into work every day.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #8268 on: October 04, 2020, 08:23:37 AM »
Self care and stay strong.  :)
ὕβρις

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8269 on: October 04, 2020, 12:51:42 PM »
Just zoomed with my grandma from the hospital, I hadn't seen her a a few years since we just talk on the phone.  She looks so old :(

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8270 on: October 05, 2020, 03:06:19 PM »
Bought 770$ contacts on the promise of a 250$ mail-in rebate - go to pick them up, pay on debt, then that 250$ rebate suddenly becomes 150$  Fuckers. 

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #8271 on: October 08, 2020, 12:32:44 AM »
My new model 3 is going back for repairs because one of the doors is not bolted properly  :lol

Fucking Tesla quality control.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 12:39:47 AM by Cerveza mas fina »

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #8272 on: October 08, 2020, 02:44:23 AM »
Been growing my hair out since November 9, 2019. The good news is that I am pretty much at 1980s Jeff Goldblum status.

The only problem is it's kinda uncomfortable to sleep with this huge helmet on my head.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8273 on: October 08, 2020, 08:00:11 AM »
Ya haven't had mine cut since Jan.  Are you sleeping with it up?

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #8274 on: October 09, 2020, 08:27:50 AM »
Ya haven't had mine cut since Jan.  Are you sleeping with it up?

How do you tie it? With a scrunchie or like a sweat band thing? Right now I just let everything hang loose.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8275 on: October 09, 2020, 08:29:13 AM »
No that's what I was wondering if it felt like a hemlmet because you kept it tied during the night.  I let it loose too.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8276 on: October 26, 2020, 09:58:36 PM »
Mentioned elsewhere originally:
(…) on FB my nephew mentioned, "It’s frustrating that so many people think if a story doesn’t come from me Democratic funded news site, that it is fake news."

This young man lost his mom To cancer a couple years ago. It hit him hard. He’s still healing. This conservative streak isn’t new, but he’s not an idiot. I’m trying to consider how to engage him, but he’s in an echo chamber of Trumpers.

I’m open to advice on how to engage.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8277 on: October 26, 2020, 10:05:49 PM »
No advice really but its really great that you want to engage him. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8278 on: November 01, 2020, 09:23:16 AM »
This past week was not good for me and technology.

-Sunday night, the washing machine stopped working.  It's 17 years old, so not going to bother repairing it and we bought a new one, but it won't come until December.

-Monday morning, my wife's car wouldn't start- battery was dead.  Had to drop everything and take them to an appointment.  Used like half a day's worth of paid leave for it.

-Thursday morning, woke up at 5am feeling too hot- the fan wasn't on.  Neither was anything else!  Major power outage in the area.  Scrambled to get stuff together and went to work at my parents' house.  The power did come back on that evening, but we decided to stay there another night since it was late and we had a lot of stuff to pack up.

-Friday morning, went to start working and my work laptop was dead.  Had to go back home to get my work ID/keys, spent all day in the office getting a replacement imaged and set up, then went back to my parents to pack, then finally got to go home and crash.
:dizzy
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8279 on: November 04, 2020, 06:53:39 PM »
No advice really but its really great that you want to engage him.

Here’s what I ended up writing to him:
Hey. I keep wanting to call you “cousin,” though it was your mom who was my cousin.  I just read that we’re still considered “first cousins” still, and you’re “second cousin” to my kids.
Though we have different political leanings, I appreciate that your responses to my posts remain civil. The USA can use more civility overall.
I wanted to make sure that you know your sources when you post. As you’ve seen, I don’t post much from CNN or MSNBC, as they’re quite biased. I’ll post Forbes, WSJ, and Reuters articles, and sometimes NYT.
I’ve noticed your recent response was from an non-reputable source, so I commented. I also saw the “100% of new votes going to Biden” post you shared. I checked that site’s reputation, and it’s considered exceedingly biased, even extremist: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/trending-politics/
It’s always a good idea to review the source of news, especially if it emotionally charges us up. Many articles are designed to get us to react without thinking, and spread them to like minded people. I try to guard against that. I hope you will, too.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 04:32:07 AM by chronovore »