Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 885301 times)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Re: minor inconveniences that are not struggles
« Reply #6780 on: January 15, 2019, 06:56:43 PM »
The OTHER super embarrassing thing I did this weekend:

Went into the auto parts store and thought “wow what a hip playlist for an auto parts store”

I realized as I walked out, my phone had disconnected from the car and was playing from my pocket 🤦‍♂️

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #6781 on: January 16, 2019, 10:46:30 AM »
I bought some Patagonia t shirts cause they were from recycled materials but they all itch

Spent like a 120 bucks.

I only spend like 300-400 bucks a year on clothes.

Wrote an email to Patagonia to complain.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6782 on: January 16, 2019, 11:16:46 AM »
The OTHER super embarrassing thing I did this weekend:

Went into the auto parts store and thought “wow what a hip playlist for an auto parts store”

I realized as I walked out, my phone had disconnected from the car and was playing from my pocket 🤦‍♂️
I can imagine Catscubed walking up and down the aisles being like "Wow, they're playing Barbie Girl? What a hip place!"
And the rest of the store being like "Who's this asshole blaring Barbie Girl?"
que

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6783 on: January 16, 2019, 11:34:43 AM »
The playlist was

American Money - Børns
Andromeda - Gorillaz

yeah I felt a right ass

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6784 on: January 16, 2019, 11:56:39 AM »
:dead
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6785 on: January 16, 2019, 01:03:48 PM »
How long you there for?
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6786 on: January 16, 2019, 02:09:52 PM »
If you're there often leave some clothes at the hotel safe. less chance of forgetting things.
Also, if you got the clout take the client out for lunch, get a huge lunch then you don't need to worry much about dinner while making sure you get good food while establishing more power at the client.
que

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #6787 on: January 16, 2019, 05:45:57 PM »
My brother used to do quality control for a large industrial company and he would tell me stories like that.

He'd go one week having this amazing 5 star experience in SE Asia, then the next week he'd be in some shithole town in Canada eating at a Tim Hortons and scrounging for amenities in a gas station. He was a prisoner to whatever hotel they put him up in. He traveled the world for 5 years, but rarely got to seen any of it. It was all Airports, Hotels and Factories. So whatever was within a 2 mile radius of the hotel is what he got to do.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6788 on: January 16, 2019, 05:46:58 PM »
So hookers and coke?
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6789 on: January 16, 2019, 08:38:54 PM »
Emoticons count as two characters and signatures only allow 5. :'(

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6790 on: January 16, 2019, 09:10:18 PM »
Emoticons count as two characters and signatures only allow 5. :'(

Not worth worrying about. Anyone with common sense has signature display disabled.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6791 on: January 16, 2019, 09:15:08 PM »
Five characters on a single line won't harm none. :goty2

I just wanted the three monkeys, but I had to settle on pizza with extra cheese. :gloomy

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6792 on: January 18, 2019, 07:47:45 PM »
Been working 11 hour days 7 days a week.  Will continue like this until

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6793 on: January 18, 2019, 09:03:12 PM »
That makes me sad because I rilly feel like my signature is on brand

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6794 on: January 21, 2019, 10:24:09 AM »
Got a flat tire on Friday night.  Fortunately, my new car purchase came with a few nice perks.  Someone came to change out the tire and put the spare on for free, which was much appreciated since I was also sick.  The dealer also gave me one year of tire coverage, including a new tire change for free.  I didn't really want to go there for this since it's a bit far, but you have to go there for the tire coverage.

Called the dealer's service center on Saturday morning to make an appointment.

Service lady: Ooh, I don't think we have any open slots today.  Let me put you hold for a second.

I get transferred to someone's voicemail and then try to call back and am sent to her voicemail.  Left a message, called back a few hours later, and every time it went straight to voicemail.  Great.  So I go online and book an appointment for 7:30 AM today.  Got an email yesterday confirming.

Go there this morning and give them my name- they have no idea who I am and my name is not on their board with the list of reservations.  So much for that.  I go to see the same lady I called and ask about the tire coverage and she goes "CHEVY DOES ***NOT*** COVER TIRES.  [THE DEALER] IS DOING THIS AS A FAVOR TO YOU." :punch
:badass

Waited 2.5 hours and she comes back over to tell me that they don't have any replacements in stock and to come back tomorrow.  :doge 

Went out to my car and found it blocked in by another car.  Nobody is outside and I can't get back in the way I came out.   :lol  I then see the same lady come out and start smoking, then flag her down.  She finds whoever it was who parked there and the car is moved.  Good times.

Pretty much cements that I won't be using these guys for service.  There's another dealer much closer to me and I'll try my luck there when it's time for maintenance.
ど助平

BisMarckie

« Reply #6795 on: January 21, 2019, 01:58:56 PM »
Trying to lose weight while getting older sucks so much.

Where has my metabolism gone?

skullstorm

« Reply #6796 on: January 21, 2019, 06:31:30 PM »
I've had an annoying cough for 1,5 weeks, I don't know where it came from but it's the first time I've ever had a cough this bad without having a cold first. And now it's apparently at that point where I can't sleep because of it, yay. Let's see if this will eventually turn into a struggle or go away as suddenly as it started.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6797 on: January 21, 2019, 07:08:56 PM »
I've had an annoying cough for 1,5 weeks, I don't know where it came from but it's the first time I've ever had a cough this bad without having a cold first. And now it's apparently at that point where I can't sleep because of it, yay. Let's see if this will eventually turn into a struggle or go away as suddenly as it started.

Maybe it's an allergy?
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6798 on: January 21, 2019, 07:17:55 PM »
it's the chemtrails

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6799 on: January 21, 2019, 10:55:32 PM »
Ready to post, then realized this is an actual struggle.

skullstorm

« Reply #6800 on: January 22, 2019, 06:06:17 AM »
Maybe it's an allergy?

If it is I can't think of what could be causing it, but I guess it could have something to do with how cold it's been and maybe that affects the air quality in our apartment or something. Usually when it's really cold out and the air inside seems very dry it has a different effect on me, sore throat, stuffy nose and maybe some dry cough but now it's a wet cough and really nothing else.

Anyway, last night I couldn't sleep for about an hour because I couldn't stop coughing so that's nice.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6801 on: January 22, 2019, 11:47:54 AM »
Try Delsym.  Did the trick for me when I had coughing fits every fall for a couple of years.
ど助平

skullstorm

« Reply #6802 on: January 22, 2019, 12:46:41 PM »
They don't sell that where I live but I'll see if I can find something similar if this doesn't go away on its own soon. I have some cough medicine tablets that help pretty well but only while I have them in my mouth plus they taste like crap. I can think of better things to suck on  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6803 on: January 22, 2019, 01:06:23 PM »
Day two of tire maintenance fun:

After multiple calls, transfers, and VM runarounds I finally got through to someone who said they would check on if the tire came in.  Got there at 10:30am.  Around 11:45 they said the tire was changed out, but there was a minor recall they could fix.  Wish I'd waited-- it's 1pm now.
:snore
ど助平

skullstorm

« Reply #6804 on: January 22, 2019, 01:27:04 PM »
:thinking

skullstorm

« Reply #6805 on: January 22, 2019, 01:54:12 PM »
Well why the hell not in that case!

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #6806 on: January 22, 2019, 02:58:14 PM »
The battery on my watch is dead. And this is my backup watch because the battery on my main watch is dead
WDW

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6807 on: January 22, 2019, 03:40:04 PM »
Day two of tire maintenance fun:

After multiple calls, transfers, and VM runarounds I finally got through to someone who said they would check on if the tire came in.  Got there at 10:30am.  Around 11:45 they said the tire was changed out, but there was a minor recall they could fix.  Wish I'd waited-- it's 1pm now.
:snore

DAY THREE INCOMING
:rage

After sitting there for another 30-40 minutes, I got up and left to go ask the people in the dealer room something and then my dad came by and we got lunch.  Driving back, they called me for once and told me that some part needed for the recall wasn't in and to come back tomorrow.  Told them to keep the fucking car and let me know whenever the hell it's done.  Not banking on it being tomorrow.  :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6808 on: January 22, 2019, 03:40:25 PM »
Also got a reminder that I live in the south in there- the TV started playing some daytime soap where *gasp* TWO GUYS were plotting to kill one of their husbands and get the money.  Some lady balked and all the other people sitting around acted disgusted and they went to change the channel.  Atlanta 2019, ya'll.   :-\
ど助平

skullstorm

« Reply #6809 on: January 22, 2019, 04:10:13 PM »
The man's got a point :trumps

BisMarckie

« Reply #6810 on: January 22, 2019, 05:18:35 PM »
One of the steps of the stairs in my house broke, and I couldn't find a guy to repair it until Saturday, even though I offered them more money.  :maf

Economy is doing too well :doge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6811 on: January 22, 2019, 05:37:00 PM »
This is not struggle worthy and I hope it stays that way, but I have a friend who despite him being a good man, he's....well...emotionally feeble. He has mental health issues but it sorta fatalistic about it. For example, everyone in his family has to walk on eggshells because they worry something going wrong will make him suicidal. Things that most people would just buck up and deal. For him it's hard, so why even try?

He's a good guy and I love him, but between his health issues (both physical and mental) he was laid off from his job since he took too much time off. And he's thinking he'll get a job right away (despite me and others warning that it could take months to find a job) he's had a few good interviews but the jobs fall through and he spins out of control into this "I'm worthless" funk this in turn puts stress on him, which then puts stress on his home life, which in turn puts more stress on him.

I love this guy, but I worry he's not got the emotional maturity to make it through the next few months. He hasn't talked about suicide and I'm being supportive, but in the back of my head there's a voice saying "He's likely not gonna make it out of this." I hate that, because in the past that voice has been right. I've reached out and am trying to help him, but he just puts up a smiling face that all's alright even after I call him out on it. I hope I'm wrong in my read, but I fear I might not be. :goty
que

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6812 on: January 22, 2019, 06:25:36 PM »
Is the struggle that you wear watches in 2019

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6813 on: January 22, 2019, 11:48:04 PM »
had some processed pork that wasn't cooked all the way and I also had some wine from a bottle that had stuff growing in the bottom of it (still unidentified after six months). wish me luck
每天生气

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6814 on: January 22, 2019, 11:49:29 PM »
You're not tvc.
que

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6815 on: January 23, 2019, 10:13:11 AM »
Aaaaaand still no car- got a phone call telling me that they still don't have the part and it won't be there until tomorrow or Friday.  I don't *need* the car until Monday, so I'm giving them until Saturday morning to get this fixed, otherwise will go pick it up and take it to the service center much closer to me.  How you don't have the parts to fix a "crucial recall" (which I can find no information on) is astounding.
ど助平

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #6816 on: January 23, 2019, 12:39:10 PM »
I'm guessing it's an optional TSB covered by your warranty and the service department wants to collect the reimbursement from the manufacturer.

Sucks a butt hole.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #6817 on: January 24, 2019, 04:17:23 PM »
The battery on my watch is dead. And this is my backup watch because the battery on my main watch is dead

Pro-tip: batteries in watches can actually be replaced.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6818 on: January 24, 2019, 04:38:05 PM »
I'm guessing it's an optional TSB covered by your warranty and the service department wants to collect the reimbursement from the manufacturer.

Sucks a butt hole.

So could be I was lied to.  Makes sense given my experience at this place.   :lol 

Whatever the hell this part is, it still didn't come in today.  Tomorrow is it and I plan on taking the car back regardless.
ど助平

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #6819 on: January 24, 2019, 05:44:37 PM »

Quartz, a rookie mistake. :pitbull

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6820 on: January 24, 2019, 05:49:08 PM »
Did they not give you a loaner? If they’re gonna take their sweet time they should at least throw a loaner at ya

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6821 on: January 24, 2019, 06:00:43 PM »
Did they not give you a loaner? If they’re gonna take their sweet time they should at least throw a loaner at ya

Yeti said the battery on his loaner watch was dead too, learn to read.
©@©™

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #6822 on: January 24, 2019, 06:08:40 PM »
Going to ask my watchmaker to give me a loaner when I next have a piece serviced.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
TBF some watches have service windows of months.
[close]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6823 on: January 24, 2019, 06:38:03 PM »
debugging random seed issue.  My modal is all NANs on my work computer go home to debug and everything is cool.  SMH.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #6824 on: January 24, 2019, 09:01:42 PM »
Stop watch shaming me jerks  :(
WDW

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6825 on: January 25, 2019, 12:20:24 AM »

Nah and I didn't ask either- didn't want to deal with anything else with these guys.  They said "you can just drive it home and bring back when the part is here" but I didn't feel like doing that for a third time and asked them to keep it.  I work at home most of the week and we have another car I can use on the weekend, so I don't really need the car until Monday, but will be going to get it tomorrow regardless if this crap is done or not.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 12:25:28 AM by bork »
ど助平

Kara

« Reply #6826 on: January 25, 2019, 01:29:03 AM »
Stop watch shaming me jerks  :(

Come join us, Watch Bore is a safe space. http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45048.0

Let the rabble have their plebeian tastes. :snob

BisMarckie

« Reply #6827 on: January 25, 2019, 01:33:18 PM »
One of the steps of the stairs in my house broke, and I couldn't find a guy to repair it until Saturday, even though I offered them more money.  :maf

Economy is doing too well :doge

Managed to make an appointment with a guy today. He showed up and was like "Sorry, but I don't have the right screws. I'll be back Monday morning."

:rage

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6828 on: January 25, 2019, 04:37:48 PM »
Got the car back.  The lady was actually genuinely nice this time and went pretty quickly to pull the car around.  Asked again what this recall was about and she goes "oh no, it's nothing dangerous!  See the physical OnStar button on the top there?"  (the one I'm never going to use) "Well they want to change it out.  I guess they changed the design of the image on the front of it or something." 

HOW THE HELL IS THAT A "RECALL!?"
She was going on and on about how this was super-important on Monday.  :doge

Fuck.  :lol :dizzy :lol :dizzy
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6829 on: January 25, 2019, 04:57:10 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6830 on: January 26, 2019, 12:58:47 AM »
 ::)

Jesus, you could probably get a class-action lawsuit about that in the USA, just based on misrepresentation and misappropriation of your time, gas, etc.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6831 on: January 28, 2019, 09:34:19 AM »
Had some pretty shitty nightmares last night

spoiler (click to show/hide)
dreampt avengers 4 wasn't as good as expected.  It was rough.
[close]

shosta

« Reply #6832 on: January 28, 2019, 12:32:40 PM »
You think you had a bad dream? Check this out. Last night I dreamt I was in bed and my cat crawled up and started kneading my chest. I was annoyed by it because it was late and I was tired. This went on for 3 minutes despite me not giving him any attention so finally I flipped him around on his back and positioned myself on top. He said "what are you doing?" but I said nothing. Then he looked terrified at what he knew was about to happen. I pulled my boxers down slowly. He tried to break free but I wouldn't let him. I entered him quickly. He whimpered and turned his head so he wouldn't have to face me, but it wasn't loud, mostly under his breath, which signalled to me that he had already accepted this outcome psychologically. As time continues the whimpering stops and he is totally silent for the duration. I finish and roll over on my back beside him. He lays there for a while, then quietly gets up and sits on the side of the bed. Then he puts his pants on and goes toward the door.
"Hey," I said. He stopped but didn't turn around. "Nobody's purrfect."
每天生气

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6833 on: January 28, 2019, 12:54:26 PM »
:banplz

skullstorm

« Reply #6834 on: January 28, 2019, 12:59:23 PM »
I need to know if Benji needs an adult

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #6835 on: January 28, 2019, 03:05:17 PM »
Got the car back.  The lady was actually genuinely nice this time and went pretty quickly to pull the car around.  Asked again what this recall was about and she goes "oh no, it's nothing dangerous!  See the physical OnStar button on the top there?"  (the one I'm never going to use) "Well they want to change it out.  I guess they changed the design of the image on the front of it or something." 

I called it. It's a ten cent button and an hour of labor.

Tasty

« Reply #6836 on: January 28, 2019, 07:32:59 PM »
Ordered DDR3 RAM instead of DDR4 and didn't realize it until I went to install it. :gloomy

shosta

« Reply #6837 on: January 29, 2019, 04:54:58 PM »

called last night and no response  :rage

if it was who I thought it was and she was texting me that late, probably a booty call :noah
每天生气

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6838 on: January 30, 2019, 05:06:51 AM »
Life's going pretty good so far. I've been insanely lucky.
And the whole time in my head I'm like "This is suspicious, life's totally letting me get comfortable before unleashing an ungodly amount of fuckery on me."
And I totally know there's going to be some minor inconvenience and I'll be like, "That's it! I fucking knew it! Life sucks!"

que

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6839 on: January 30, 2019, 07:40:55 AM »

I called it. It's a ten cent button and an hour of labor.

She called back on Monday to say the part was there.  I said "can I just get this done whenever the car needs maintenance?"  And she goes right back to "THIS IS A RECALL SO IT NEEDS TO BE DONE ASAP."  Uh, right.  Maybe the weekend after next we'll go dump the car off and go to eat in the area while they do this crap.  Maybe.
ど助平