Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 530583 times)

Tasty

Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #4980 on: April 19, 2021, 10:03:33 AM »
Thank you.

Circle of life is some bullshit.

Tasty

« Reply #4981 on: April 19, 2021, 02:18:24 PM »
One chicken came back!! :gladbron

Feathers missing and it's got a limp...

Tasty

« Reply #4982 on: April 19, 2021, 03:32:17 PM »
7 survivors, 9 fallen :fbm

RIP :(

PS- 11 more chicks in the house almost ready to be put outside

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4983 on: April 19, 2021, 04:42:39 PM »
not the chicken  :tocry

Tasty

« Reply #4984 on: April 19, 2021, 10:09:26 PM »

RIP

Stripes
Wednesday
Big Red
Little Red
Sunset
Moonlight
Bruiser
Karen
and OJ

:( :fbm I named them all only two months ago :fbm

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4985 on: April 19, 2021, 10:15:13 PM »
And you’ve got a fence... damn I’m sorry Tasty  :-\

Those are some beautiful birds!

Is your enclosure fenced on the top too?

Tasty

« Reply #4986 on: April 19, 2021, 10:18:10 PM »
And you’ve got a fence... damn I’m sorry Tasty  :-\

Those are some beautiful birds!

Is your enclosure fenced on the top too?

Yup.

It was human error, with responsibility divided between me and another party, that led to this outcome. I feel like trash.

Bebpo

« Reply #4987 on: June 27, 2021, 08:03:11 PM »
Was driving my S2K and got off a freeway and suddenly couldn't change gears and clutch was sticking in. Pulled over on the right side of a 2-lane exit but really no side so just sitting blocking the right lane with hazard lights waiting to get rear ended from someone.

Tried all kinds of things, letting it cool, off/on again, etc.. couldn't even get it into first since I'd changed to neutral at some point. Finally tried pumping the clutch as I'd read about it in the past but it's never worked when I had any issues and it helped and was able to shift gears. So I put it into 1st and drove slowly to the nearest safe spot and tried to find the closest service center (was far from home) and then I tried to reverse out of the space I'd pulled into but there was no way to shift into reverse no matter how much strength I used. Pumped the clutch some more and was able to get it into reverse and drove slowly on streets to the service center and left it.

From my research it sounds like it was out of/extremely low on hydraulic fluid, which generally indicates a leak of it somewhere. What annoys me is that I hadn't driven it much for like 8 months and then about 1.5 months ago I took it to the dealership service center and had them run a full service to check every single thing to make sure there were no issues. They found a few things and switched them out, but nothing to do with the clutch or transmission and said all that was good. Now 1.5 months later this happens. Sure seems like they missed something.

Also this is the second time in the last 2 years I've been stranded on a freeway off-ramp with this car. Early 2020 I was on a different offramp on a hill and I stalled for a sec (lol) and the car wouldn't turn back on because the battery fucking died right then and there. That was in the middle of the night too where visibility was bad. Definitely not places I want to be with a little black car with zero protection. It's what convinced me to finally change my daily driver to my Tesla and I kept the S2K as a weekend car and drive it once a weekend to keep the battery good and things moving.

But the whole point of a weekend car is to have a nice car for drives, and if the car just is old and not reliable to take on long drives...what's the point. Everyone has been asking to buy my car for years. Even today when I dropped the car at the dealership one of the guys working there wanted to buy my car for his son as he's been looking for S2K for years.

Idk, I'm getting tempted to sell it. I'll see how expensive this fix is and then I'll see how it feels afterwards and if it feels safe. If it does and it's not incredibly expensive fix, I'll probably keep it a few more years. If I have to like swap the entire transmission or clutch or something (pretty sure I'm on my 2nd clutch and changed the original out maybe 5 years ago), I might sell it and move on. Great car, but old cars are just a pain in the ass.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4988 on: June 27, 2021, 10:02:52 PM »
things are not real, but for how long and what exactly is or is not? feels very lonely.there is fun to be had, but like any game. you eventually want to stop playing

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4989 on: June 28, 2021, 06:37:28 AM »
when the treatment is only making you resent your own loved ones. oops