Author Topic: XCOM 2  (Read 13840 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: XCOM 2 (Coming to Consoles September)
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2017, 07:53:34 AM »
Dont get this shitgame on ps4. Waste of money
What

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2017, 08:19:31 AM »
...and almost on cue, Three Moves Ahead had its second XCom 2 show covering War of the Chosen and Long War II. Never tried Long War (played EU/EW on consoles) but I must say it sounds more up my alley, given that it's apparently trying to mimic some of the trappings of OG X-Com. War of the Chosen doesn't seem to do the mistake of having too much fully scripted content but still unique enemy types with more cutscenes and voice acting crammed in I'm not too sure about. I'm one of those crummy nostalgic who hold the first game in high regard for it's almost fully system based approach.

Guess I'll try both ultimately.
ὕβρις

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2017, 08:13:41 PM »
WotC is really really good. The cutscenes and stuff are mainly just there to let you know when you've hit certain milestones in the campaign.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2018, 01:14:19 PM »
Meh im fucking done with Fireaxis considering how badly they fucked up the console ports, offer no patches and no support to those who have the terrible fortune of having bought the game on PS4. I spent 40 euro's on it and I felt raped.

That's not to say I dont love Xcom. I have both games on PC but am never buying WOTC for more than 5 bucks. FUCK YOU FIREAXIS YOU INCOMPETENT FUCKS
What

Borealis

« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2018, 11:10:38 PM »
Meh im fucking done with Fireaxis considering how badly they fucked up the console ports, offer no patches and no support to those who have the terrible fortune of having bought the game on PS4. I spent 40 euro's on it and I felt raped.

That's not to say I dont love Xcom. I have both games on PC but am never buying WOTC for more than 5 bucks. FUCK YOU FIREAXIS YOU INCOMPETENT FUCKS

Not to downplay Fireaxis' fuck up on this, but they outsourced it to Blind Squirrel Entertainment, the 'talented' folk behind the BioShock Collection. Lack of any follow up seems to show that Fireaxis themselves don't have devs knowledgable in console porting with Blind being ditched for good reason.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: XCOM 2
« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2018, 01:45:44 PM »
Anyway: Picked it up for $40 which includes War of the Chosen's tactical legacy pack for free in the Steam Halloween sale.

It gives us the Guile hair. 10/10 GotY right here. :lol

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2018, 01:48:43 PM »
Ya even tho I was pissed off I think I recently bought WOTC for pc with that new pack. It was like 20 bucks., I am an idiot
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2018, 05:44:04 PM »
Great game, great expansion. Bless up.

thisismyusername

« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2018, 08:11:52 PM »
Oh man, the Shen's Last Gift mission...

Bananas early game. Since you probably don't have the right ammo for it, so I'm basically screaming as shots miss my entire squad and this MEC is nearly dead trying to shread the armor off, but we won. :lol

Does Velhen's mission expire? I investigated the signal, but I want to hold off on doing the mission until I've better equipped my squad.

thisismyusername

« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2018, 08:29:36 PM »
Holy shit. I'm skirting the edge of the Project being finished and I've got like 4 or so Rebel bases open and have like thousands of retaliation going on to where I can't heal.

Jesus, this game isn't messing around with you being a rebel squad. :lol

thisismyusername

« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2018, 10:52:32 PM »
"Avatar Project is complete in 16 days and..."

(Fly to Black Market, get supplies. Get Plasma Sniper and Plasma Rifle for Squad. Hit Black Site facility in Europe. Win.)

"AVATAR PROJECT PROGRESS: 3 BLOCKS BACK!"

Not today, you commie motherfuckers. And now that I have the best weapons in the game, I need to get supplies, finish getting all the rebel bases and hit the Codex/Chemical cord sites before the finishing of the game.

But good lord is this more hectic than the first. The first you could dick about for a while building up your army, here you have you make choices of supplies (important) and engineers (double-important) over intel and the scientists. Or getting Intel for the Black Market.

Finished the Alien Hunters DLC missions. Good lord the last boss is amped up to where they WANT you to have fucking Plasma or it'll decimate your mission timer (on the AVENT retaliations or hitting their supplies/signals) along with your squad by flying up and then slamming them into stunned/disorientated/unconscious.

:whew

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2018, 08:55:42 AM »
great game