Author Topic: The Bore does what NeoGAF doesn't.  (Read 3343288 times)

Jansen

Re: The Bore does what NeoGAF doesn't.
« Reply #21900 on: July 15, 2016, 03:17:55 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210103641&postcount=10

Quote from: jaxapollo
iPhones cost $700. iPods cost $200. Apple could have sold a shitload of product with little to no overhead. They're just dumb now. They make terrible decisions without Jobs.

:idont

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #21901 on: July 15, 2016, 03:53:26 PM »
Jesus christ lol I can't quit laughing
rub

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #21902 on: July 15, 2016, 04:08:24 PM »
GAF, tell me some good books on Buddhsim...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1246419

20 posts of ideas, 60 posts of arguing over the scientific research on trauma of meditation and how it apparently turns people distinguished mentally-challenged.

GAF.
rub

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #21903 on: July 15, 2016, 04:22:52 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210094944&postcount=2607

:whoo
I hope that post gives Lime a fucking stroke.

When your reaction to someone cheering for dead muslims is "this will piss off those damn sjws" you might have misplaced priorities.

SmokyDave

« Reply #21904 on: July 15, 2016, 04:33:10 PM »

When your reaction to someone cheering for dead muslims is "this will piss off those damn sjws" you might have misplaced priorities.
Internet priorities are a joke. Besides, I didn't say anything about 'those damn sjws', I specifically referred to one sopping cunt.

Now you mention it though, yeah, fuck the limp left. They have a sizeable share of the blame for the current situation.

Klelk

« Reply #21905 on: July 15, 2016, 05:18:01 PM »
Saw this and thought of Lime:

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #21906 on: July 15, 2016, 05:19:57 PM »
Abrahamic religions
 :holeup

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #21907 on: July 15, 2016, 05:28:00 PM »
The guy in the Nice attack reportedly ate pork, drank, took drugs, didn't go to mosque, and had a history of petty crime. Not exactly the ideal follower of Muhammed

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #21908 on: July 15, 2016, 05:37:25 PM »
Saw this and thought of Lime:
(Image removed from quote.)

By "big pile of corpses" are we talking like the tens of thousands of Iraqis killed at the behest of paranoid Americans of the lowest redneck stock and their duly appointed moron in chief or something more palatable to histrionic types?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #21909 on: July 15, 2016, 05:39:54 PM »
The guy in the Nice attack reportedly ate pork, drank, took drugs, didn't go to mosque, and had a history of petty crime. Not exactly the ideal follower of Muhammed

Not that it's particulary indicative of anything. Weren't the Abdeslam brothers owning a bar in Brussels, rumoured to be used for cannabis trafficking ? But yeah so far, to the French Ministry of Interior own admission, there's apparently nothing yet evidencing even a vague political motive.
ὕβρις

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #21910 on: July 15, 2016, 05:44:19 PM »

Sounds like a Catholic. Abrahamic religions.
 :holeup

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #21911 on: July 15, 2016, 05:48:14 PM »

Internet priorities are a joke. Besides, I didn't say anything about 'those damn sjws', I specifically referred to one sopping cunt.

Now you mention it though, yeah, fuck the limp left. They have a sizeable share of the blame for the current situation.
Dude. we're giving you dead muslims. Are you ever satisfied?
que

FStop7

« Reply #21912 on: July 15, 2016, 05:54:19 PM »

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #21913 on: July 15, 2016, 05:54:36 PM »

Not that it's particulary indicative of anything. Weren't the Abdeslam brothers owning a bar in Brussels, rumoured to be used for cannabis trafficking ? But yeah so far, to the French Ministry of Interior own admission, there's apparently nothing yet evidencing even a vague political motive.

Of course, and there's a good chance this guy pledged loyalty to the Islamic State or something similar before he acted. There's a pattern of the people who commit these attacks not following actual Islamic doctrine in their personal lives while murdering in the name of Islam (didn't the Abdeslam brothers smoke a joint during the car ride back from the Paris attacks? :doge)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #21914 on: July 15, 2016, 05:54:38 PM »
There's probably a fair bit more than one "muslim" (in quotes because the term is used as a placeholder for a population ranging from a couple of murderous zealots to people that are in fact secular in all but name) that died in that truck mass murder.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:59:49 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #21915 on: July 15, 2016, 05:56:04 PM »

So he was a moderate muslim.  :derp

agrajag

« Reply #21916 on: July 15, 2016, 05:56:14 PM »
A religious person that's a hypocrite and doesn't practice what he preaches. More news at 11.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #21917 on: July 15, 2016, 05:59:25 PM »
didn't the Abdeslam brothers smoke a joint during the car ride back from the Paris attacks? :doge

I dunno, never heard that bit of detail myself but it's possible. Certainly not both of them back from the attacks however, as only Salah Abdeslam was not suffering from a severe case of death at that point.
ὕβρις

agrajag

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #21919 on: July 15, 2016, 06:13:56 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210125601&postcount=1523

I don't want to be a sissy, someone has to be Robert Capa I guess, but  :goty
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #21920 on: July 15, 2016, 06:16:58 PM »
too slow old man

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #21921 on: July 15, 2016, 06:23:28 PM »
Your mileage may vary but I've always assumed Switch Back was a joke character

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #21922 on: July 15, 2016, 06:51:21 PM »
That's debatable.
serge

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #21923 on: July 15, 2016, 07:42:25 PM »
Why is SmokeyDave bitching again? Is he mad that Muslims make better bombs than the Vita?

He blames the left's inability to keep an erection for the rise of radical Islam.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #21924 on: July 15, 2016, 08:07:33 PM »
Not that it is a surprise, but the GAF thread on the Turkish events is a total shit show. We're now at "Well if Turks living in Germany like Erdogan so much, why don't they go live back there heh ?" because someone told that people driving cars with a turkish flag were honking and shouting "Erdogan" in Bremen.

Too bad Greece doesn't have the will and ability to retake the European side of Constantinople in this confusion.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210139860&postcount=2964

:confused

These people are glad to live here and enjoy all our benefits but they still identify themselves as Turks. And boy do they love Erdogan. Glad they got knocked out early in the EURO's else you can't get a decent night of sleep.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210140106&postcount=2987

Racism ? On my SJW forum ?
ὕβρις

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #21925 on: July 15, 2016, 08:13:40 PM »
I'm sure everyone saying fuck the Turks for not supporting the coup is an expert in Turkish politics and not basing their opinions on a few vague notions.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #21926 on: July 15, 2016, 08:17:26 PM »
These people are glad to live here and enjoy all our benefits but they still identify themselves as Turks. And boy do they love Erdogan. Glad they got knocked out early in the EURO's else you can't get a decent night of sleep.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210140106&postcount=2987

Racism ? On my SJW forum ?
Expecting people to deny their heritage. How very Turkish of him.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 09:05:45 PM by Rufus »

agrajag

« Reply #21927 on: July 15, 2016, 08:17:50 PM »
Turkish is not a race, VomKriege   :P

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #21928 on: July 15, 2016, 08:18:20 PM »
Haha... man. Forget GAF.

I go to /pol/ to get the really shitty and racist opinions from a bunch of fuck ups that wouldn't know the reality behind geopolitics if it took a steaming shit in their mouths.  :doge

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #21929 on: July 15, 2016, 08:20:01 PM »
My degeneracy runs deep, but not quite deep enough for /pol/. :scust

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #21930 on: July 15, 2016, 08:21:02 PM »

Well, call it xenophobia then but at the risk of making assholish assumptions I wouldn't be too surprised the person I quoted would lump Turks with all them browns from around the med and the peninsula in the "those people are loud amirite ?" sentiment.
ὕβρις

SmokyDave

« Reply #21931 on: July 15, 2016, 08:22:32 PM »

Shouldn't you be on a bus screaming about Pakis?
A bus?

A fucking bus?

I might be an abusive racist, but I absolutely do not travel on public transport.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21932 on: July 15, 2016, 08:24:17 PM »
dog

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #21933 on: July 15, 2016, 08:28:07 PM »

It is a race.

The Turkish Grand Prix hasn't been run since 2011. It's time to accept the truth.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
#FreeImola
[close]

agrajag

« Reply #21934 on: July 15, 2016, 08:28:42 PM »

Well, call it xenophobia then but at the risk of making assholish assumptions I wouldn't be too surprised the person I quoted would lump Turks with all them browns from around the med and the peninsula in the "those people are loud amirite ?" sentiment.

I don't want to give him the benefit one way or the other, but his posts was pretty specific to people that are of Turkish origin, support Erdogan, and rooted for the Turkish national soccer team. I don't think those conditions apply to most browns. Not saying he's not a racist fuck anyway.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #21935 on: July 15, 2016, 08:30:49 PM »
My degeneracy runs deep, but not quite deep enough for /pol/. :scust
At the moment, a bunch of them are shitting themselves because they believe that the ancient Egyptian frog deity "Kek" is answering their prayers and channeling meme magic to cause the world events we're seeing right now.  :doge

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/81221477/stop-it-pol
http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/81224113/itt-we-pray-to-kek-that-no-war-or-conflict-ever
http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/81223407/turkish-nukes-will-fly
http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/81214023/paris
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 08:37:42 PM by Pallando »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #21936 on: July 15, 2016, 08:30:50 PM »

I don't want to give him the benefit one way or the other, but his posts was pretty specific to people that are of Turkish origin, support Erdogan, and rooted for the Turkish national soccer team. I don't think those conditions apply to most browns. Not saying he's not a racist fuck anyway.

Well, as I said, assholish assumptions on my part. The string of comments in that vein (because I just picked this one but there's a handful) do not endear me to the argument.
ὕβρις

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #21937 on: July 15, 2016, 08:35:29 PM »
Try to define an arbitrary category like race, brehs :ufup

agrajag

« Reply #21938 on: July 15, 2016, 08:40:23 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #21939 on: July 15, 2016, 08:47:51 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210144270&postcount=3365

Some of them are to blame. They should know better than to walk outside a blatant and obvious dangerous zone.

They're up against armed military, it's kind of their fault some got injured. It's disgusting that anyone HAS been injured but let's not act like the civilians don't have some level of responsibility for their own injuries here.

Elaborate troll... ?

And people going all in on incredibly sketchy information.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 08:52:11 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #21940 on: July 15, 2016, 08:53:29 PM »
I'm sure everyone saying fuck the Turks for not supporting the coup is an expert in Turkish politics and not basing their opinions on a few vague notions.

Look old man, I watch Vice specials. I know.
rub

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21941 on: July 15, 2016, 08:55:35 PM »

I'll have you know that Erdogan is an incredibly evil man and the selfless military is doing The Right Thing by finally putting an end to his tyrannical reign. Besides, military coups are well known for restoring freedom and democracy to the people.
dog

agrajag

« Reply #21942 on: July 15, 2016, 09:13:57 PM »
Yeah, Gaf folks always feel pressured to be outspoken blowhards. I guess those that admit they don't know shit about the situation just lurk those type of threads.

zepblackstar

« Reply #21943 on: July 15, 2016, 09:14:10 PM »
This Turkey coup is the worst I have seen in a while. You do a coup, you got to take people out and shut down information centers.
 :snoop

agrajag

« Reply #21944 on: July 15, 2016, 09:24:23 PM »
This Turkey coup is the worst I have seen in a while. You do a coup, you got to take people out and shut down information centers.

I saw a video where the protesters were attacking the soldiers and taking their guns away from them and the soldiers were like  :yeshrug

agrajag

« Reply #21945 on: July 15, 2016, 09:36:02 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #21946 on: July 15, 2016, 09:37:47 PM »
GAF riding hard on the Coup being an obvious false flag attack, Erdogan being glad, thanking God that it was foiled and planning on cleaning the army means that's what he wanted all along, so he probably scripted all of it. And he looks like a movie villain : What more do you need ?

Also people praising Lucas plot in the Star Wars prequels for some reason :neogaf .
Star Wars made them expert on coup crafting in Turkey :expert
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 09:57:06 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Kara

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #21948 on: July 15, 2016, 09:54:41 PM »
Some dude with an ugly baby avatar won't shut up about how this directly mirrors the rise of Hitler

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #21949 on: July 15, 2016, 10:18:15 PM »
Thread's (slightly) a mess

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210147537&postcount=154
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210147843&postcount=156

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210152346&postcount=177

I have to say, this thread has been pretty eye opening. I lived with a deaf person for 2 years, and they are a good friend of mine. I really don't think anyone who's shitting on this woman for suing can even comprehend what it's like when you are deaf, or realize how small of a thing she is asking for that is a complete shame Taco Bell doesn't have. No, breaking your leg doesn't fucking compare to being permanently deaf so get out of here with that shit. It really boggles the mind on how you think this is some sort of slippery slope and that a drive through is suddenly a "fundamental right". That's not at all what this is about. This is about treating these people with disabilities just like you and just like me so they don't have to feel like some sort of secondary class of people. Having Taco Bell either accept notes, keep a simple pen and paper nearby the drive through window or have a sign someone can point to is really not all that hard. Many restaurants already do it, probably ones that you already go to. It doesn't somehow through the entire system off. Have none of you ever asked at the cashier window "Hey, could I actually add <X> to my order as well?" if you forget something at the microphone at first? They say sure, and life goes on. The ADA does make provisions if a place truly can't accommodate people with a disability, and this is not one of those times.

Likewise, many movie theaters offer various closed captioning devices. Maybe you'd prefer if they don't go to movie theaters and just wait for the DVD?

Public buildings, offices, sports stadiums, etc. are handicap accessible. Maybe people who can't walk shouldn't go to sports games because they can just watch it on TV, right?

Someone with a permanent disability is living a harder life. They already have to do tons of shit differently. There's jobs they can't get. It's much harder to get friends and also much harder to hang out with them. Communication with most other people is already difficult (especially since many deaf people have speech difficulties on top of everything else, such as lisps because they can't hear themselves)
Music? Yeah, that's obviously going to be difficult! In the case of my friend, who had okay hearing due to his cochlear implant, he could never even go to a club or a place like that and try to have a conversation. That amount of noise pretty much overloaded his implant, so he had to turn it off. Or maybe you're out somewhere and the battery dies, and you suddenly can't hear anything (which btw, is not the same as hearing nothing -- it's like how being blind is not the same as just closing your eyes).

All this lady wants to do is drive through a taco bell like you and me and get a taco. She doesn't need yet another thing in her life she needs to do differently if Taco Bell can easily accommodate deaf people.

The complete lack of empathy from some of you is unbelievable.

Some of the posters in there status: Put completely on blast.

Kara

« Reply #21950 on: July 15, 2016, 10:23:04 PM »
If you prick us do we not bleed? If we hunger do we not want a Crunchwrap Supreme?

Jansen

« Reply #21951 on: July 15, 2016, 11:22:42 PM »

lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21952 on: July 15, 2016, 11:39:48 PM »
Thread's (slightly) a mess

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210147537&postcount=154
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210147843&postcount=156

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210152346&postcount=177

(Image removed from quote.)

I have to say, this thread has been pretty eye opening. I lived with a deaf person for 2 years, and they are a good friend of mine. I really don't think anyone who's shitting on this woman for suing can even comprehend what it's like when you are deaf, or realize how small of a thing she is asking for that is a complete shame Taco Bell doesn't have. No, breaking your leg doesn't fucking compare to being permanently deaf so get out of here with that shit. It really boggles the mind on how you think this is some sort of slippery slope and that a drive through is suddenly a "fundamental right". That's not at all what this is about. This is about treating these people with disabilities just like you and just like me so they don't have to feel like some sort of secondary class of people. Having Taco Bell either accept notes, keep a simple pen and paper nearby the drive through window or have a sign someone can point to is really not all that hard. Many restaurants already do it, probably ones that you already go to. It doesn't somehow through the entire system off. Have none of you ever asked at the cashier window "Hey, could I actually add <X> to my order as well?" if you forget something at the microphone at first? They say sure, and life goes on. The ADA does make provisions if a place truly can't accommodate people with a disability, and this is not one of those times.

Likewise, many movie theaters offer various closed captioning devices. Maybe you'd prefer if they don't go to movie theaters and just wait for the DVD?

Public buildings, offices, sports stadiums, etc. are handicap accessible. Maybe people who can't walk shouldn't go to sports games because they can just watch it on TV, right?

Someone with a permanent disability is living a harder life. They already have to do tons of shit differently. There's jobs they can't get. It's much harder to get friends and also much harder to hang out with them. Communication with most other people is already difficult (especially since many deaf people have speech difficulties on top of everything else, such as lisps because they can't hear themselves)
Music? Yeah, that's obviously going to be difficult! In the case of my friend, who had okay hearing due to his cochlear implant, he could never even go to a club or a place like that and try to have a conversation. That amount of noise pretty much overloaded his implant, so he had to turn it off. Or maybe you're out somewhere and the battery dies, and you suddenly can't hear anything (which btw, is not the same as hearing nothing -- it's like how being blind is not the same as just closing your eyes).

All this lady wants to do is drive through a taco bell like you and me and get a taco. She doesn't need yet another thing in her life she needs to do differently if Taco Bell can easily accommodate deaf people.

The complete lack of empathy from some of you is unbelievable.

Some of the posters in there status: Put completely on blast.

At the Taco Bell I go to, it has a little sign under the drive-thru menu that says people with hearing disabilities [or whatever else] can drive ahead to the window.
dog

Jansen

« Reply #21953 on: July 15, 2016, 11:44:35 PM »
Omg rape horse in the new berserk anime

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #21954 on: July 16, 2016, 12:07:00 AM »

Fucking Rape Horse, man.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21955 on: July 16, 2016, 12:53:10 AM »
Berserk was a mistake, it's nothing but garbage.
©@©™

Kara

« Reply #21956 on: July 16, 2016, 01:00:34 AM »
Having your long-held suspicions about Berserk proven right by time. :preach

Entropy destroying all things. :lawd

:bow Eris Discordia :bow2

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21957 on: July 16, 2016, 01:13:27 AM »
At some point during the pre-production of the new Berserk series, someone should have been like

©@©™

Kara

agrajag

« Reply #21959 on: July 16, 2016, 01:47:01 AM »
NSFL

http://41.media.tumblr.com/e5f2787fc331c58479022545ac2ca7f9/tumblr_newzcjYGJJ1rnu9s0o1_500.png

and this is the shit y'all were recommending me for anime?   :donot :iface :brazilcry :oreilly :cmonson