Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 309469 times)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Re: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE
« Reply #1260 on: August 26, 2017, 06:55:17 AM »
Went through the Gamescom presentation, so you don't have to. Some of the best bits:

07:10
ROBERTS IN.

10:22
Demo start. Dat bulge tho.

25:25
Uncanny valley time!

53:00
Warp speed off!
Wait...
Huh.
Well the pilot's PC crashed. Someone get in the pilot seat please?
Welp, ship's a floating brick. Power off. Can't switch it back on.

57:35
Welp. Gonna have to reset.

1:00:13
"Hey, do not show the loading screen please". :thinking

*awkward silence*

1:03:38
Well fuck it, let's roll a trailer

1:04:45
Aaaaand we're back. Let's start from scratch the whole thing from scratch!

1:21:35
Back to the point where it crashed at last!

1:25:15

1:26:30
Gravity defying vehicle

1:31:30
The cloaking black box

1:35:13
Oops. Mic is live. Roberts is not impressed.

*shitty dogfighting*

1:42:10
Boarding our saviors' huge ship. Nevermind, clipping through the ramp.

1:43:10
Let's try this gain.
ALMOST THERE.
Nevermind clipped again.
Well shit. Rover didn't like this.

1:43:56
The wiggling Railgun. Roberts: "Dude take it off".

1:47:20
Pause demo. Time for excuses for the trainwreck.

2:01:38
Let's trashtalk Mad Catz!

2:06:10
Pew pew pew pew pew [...] pew pew pew pew pew

2:14:08
Let's say hi to our team of players. Hidden away in a basement somewhere :lol

*awkward break*

2:23:35
Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew *yawn* pew pew pew pew pew...

2:24:40
Let's conclude this with another crash!

2:28:08
ROBERTS OUT

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1261 on: August 26, 2017, 01:20:20 PM »
We did it : development only started the year they originally expected to release.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6w4d1r/this_needs_to_be_said_again_full_star_citizen/
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #1262 on: August 26, 2017, 01:54:12 PM »
2018 spoilers

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Technically development didn't start until the lumberyard switch
[close]
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Raist

« Reply #1263 on: August 26, 2017, 04:23:33 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1264 on: August 26, 2017, 06:05:47 PM »
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/355735-Star-Citizen-Thread-v6?p=5578007&viewfull=1#post5578007

Judging by the file accesses - nope.

Mega-map tries to load absolutely everything your PC can handle, then dumps 99% of it when CIG's server sends a "run now" message.

It loads assets you'll never use. It loads assets you will use, and then promptly dumps them. It then reloads them yet again - and again dumps everything when you are playing in a stable session - and has to load then yet again in that session.

It's all sorts of absolutely crazy. You can monitor this behavior in real-time using nothing more complicated than process monitor.
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #1265 on: August 26, 2017, 09:45:58 PM »

The date of the video :dead

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1266 on: August 29, 2017, 09:58:06 AM »
One year old video, but still relevant:

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1267 on: August 31, 2017, 09:12:12 AM »
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #1268 on: August 31, 2017, 11:44:40 PM »
I haven't heard much about it being a crunch house, but also most people who work there don't want to talk much about it.
NO

nudemacusers

« Reply #1269 on: September 01, 2017, 09:52:15 PM »

:trumps
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1270 on: September 01, 2017, 11:15:30 PM »
Trend line is downward, explain that away Star Citizen deniers.

benjipwns

« Reply #1271 on: September 01, 2017, 11:19:42 PM »
Also, don't think I didn't notice the graph cuts off rather suddenly just before 9/11.

Very suspect if you ask me.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1272 on: September 02, 2017, 02:25:17 AM »
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16088-Subscriber-Flash-Sale

Yet another sale barely a few days after the Gamescom one. They also have a package for Australians (they're soon to be bound by law to have sales tax down under).
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1273 on: September 03, 2017, 12:31:23 PM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1274 on: September 04, 2017, 03:12:33 AM »

JPEG Factory running at full capacity, with a "luxury" space bike.

Some goon pointed out to this April 2015 video about Squadron 42 the single player game...

So episode one is what people will play this year and that's the one that has seven... the equivalent of 70 Wing Commander style missions and it's formulated a little differently than say the old Wing Commander because the Wing Commander it was like you flew a space mission and then you're aboard the ship and had some conversation, you flew another space mission. Whereas in squadron 42 you can fly a space mission and then land, get out, get into a firefight with some pirates then chase another pirate, he gets into a ship and takes off, you get into a ship and chase him, so you know in the old sort of Wing Commander format that's actually three missions but it's all sort of one fluid thing that happens. There'll be three sort of checkpoints so to speak of in squadron 42 for those kind of things, but it would sort of all be one overall mission.

So we're sort of thinking it's like 20, I think it's 21 chapters or so, and each chapter sort of is a segment of missions that's sort of a kind of fluid, so they sort of do this and then maybe you'll stop and be talking around and dealing with people and get into some action and then it sort of goes on like that.

So it's the equivalent of about 70 missions Wing Commander style. I think we think is about 20 hours of gameplay. It's pretty drat cool like I said, we're gonna have some we have an awesome cast and then you'll be spending time with them for the next.

So episode 2 is behind enemy lines which I think everyone that backed until like six million gets for free, and then episode three would be the year after that. So we're sort of thinking that we'll have each one of these each one of them is the equivalent of a huge triple A, you know Call of Duty or better because I mean we've got a much bigger campaign.

And the latest TheAgent leaks/trolls (under spoiler for being fairly long) :

Quote from: TheAgent
I am, at this very moment, drinking at the orange international food festival with two sc employees and a couple blizz and activision dudes and we are all loving making GBS threads on sc and crobbers

lol the poo poo they are talking about everyone there, just holy poo poo

the company is hosed. get a refund. there's no secret build, just as I thought behavior scripted last year's 3.0 demo and then hosed right off after the checks stopped coming

star citizen is a hodge podge of over 200 different programmers, all with different loving tasks and goals an comments and engines, it'll never ever be more than the jittery bullshit mess we currently have

also things are tied directly to loving framerate in the engine, so that's why some people on poor rigs can clip through poo poo easier than people on 5k dual titan rigs

Jesus I knew they were loving dumb but this is amazing. amazing

like at one point you're creating your character for sq42 (which is just the SC character creator basically, no one really knows what is going in what game at this point) and [Chris Roberts] wanted a scene where you stare at yourself in a mirror as you change poo poo (like fo4) but instead of just rendering the character model as a separate scene in the mirror with canned head movement he wanted some super crazy poo poo like mirroring the entire scene as you changed yourself into super "level 5" or whatever heads that slowed the entire scene to a crawl because you were loading some intense poo poo into vram because the loving bathroom you were in had multiple mirrors that crobbo all wanted reflected, even if you can't loving see it

What was Crobber's reaction to the Gamescom show and it's reception, if you were told?

why did everyone gently caress up, why didn't anyone tell me poo poo was broken, why aren't we further along, why don't the backers pledge more, why don't people understand what we're doing here, why aren't things working properly when the outside contractors had them working fine, why can't we do things better, why can't we hire better programmers, why do we have to keep paying contractors who already dropped out of the project, why do we have to pay actors more, why are we not making more money, why aren't we close to finishing 3.0, why are people afraid to come talk to me about issues, why can't I get a straight loving answer from you loving idiots, why are our monthly expenses so high, why aren't outside contractors interested in working with us, why aren't people impressed by FOIP, why can't I go on vacation, oh I loving can BYE

the best is the tales of crobbo wandering around the office and pointing out certain employees as "high risk" or "low performing" while everyone in hunkered down and trying to loving do this impossible poo poo he wants

We've been told we still have jobs, but not if we will be getting paid for them.
internal rumor is that chris is getting rid of the programmers first, as they've been, in his words "underwhelming"

lol

I mean we are all drunk here so who knows how much this is all hyperbole or exaggeration but these dudes are super loving lit about cig

the other guys tried to cut in with "yeah it's bad at company x too" but the cig dudes steamrolled over them with some of the most unbelievable "my company is a teainwreck" stories and we are all just stating at them agape and hehing
[close]

« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 03:18:45 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1276 on: September 09, 2017, 04:10:57 PM »
Confirmed in ATV, pooping mechanic is on the way

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/confirmed-in-atv-pooping-mechanic-is-on-the-way

This gem I never noticed in the popular "No bamboozle forecast" where some expert in agile development is trying to get a read on CIG planning :

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6yzh9k/no_bamboozles_release_forecast_for_september_8th/

This leads to two flaws in the model. First, the model assumes you're using a strict Definition of Done. When a task is marked complete, the model assumes that the task is completely done--it's been integrated, reviewed, bug fixed, and everything.

But that's not what CIG means when they mark a task "done." It looks like CIG marks tasks "feature complete" when the initial requirements have been coded. They still need to integrate it with other teams' work, test it, bug-fix it, have it reviewed by directors, and make changes in response to feedback. But my forecasts don't account for that extra time.

Also

CIG doesn't use a strict Agile approach.

And

Did you not read the OP where I just discussed its flaws in detail?

Yes. But that implies the flaws are close enough to reality that theres a point for you to even post this.

When I started this series, I thought it was. Now, I'm not so sure. But I'm going to carry on in the name of intellectual honesty. Expect more discussion of what worked and didn't work in the future.

"No Bamboozles" means I'm not bullshitting you, not that I'm infallible.

Meanwhile... Progress ! On the game ? No in corporate shenanigans !

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/906602995286249478

CLOUD IMPERIUM RIGHTS LTD.
Incorporated on
29 August 2017
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1277 on: September 09, 2017, 05:32:54 PM »
💩
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1278 on: September 09, 2017, 06:08:12 PM »
https://twitter.com/tuxedomarx/status/906622748419649536

Another victory for Derek Smart ✌

https://m.imgur.com/wxvhSkQ

Sarsapariller posted:
So, the Derek method:

1) Make an ambiguous reference to an apocalyptic ending for CIG.
2) Thread laughs at you, but a couple industrious people start rooting around and turn up some dirt.
3) Immediately post the dirt and claim it is what you were predicting all along.
4) Repeat for two plus years.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #1280 on: September 09, 2017, 07:32:28 PM »
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10934694

Oh this was part of that tweet thread where the dude Derek is in a tweet battle with came at him.
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #1281 on: September 09, 2017, 09:02:31 PM »
how do you dox someone whose info is all public again? and who tweets their own job changes?

also when i read through those tax documents CIG posted because i'm an idiot, despite not understanding more than usual because it was British law, i came under the distinct impression that these separate incorporations they own are basically a form of moving their assets and costs around in part not out of something inherently nefarious but that they don't know another way of doing it and/or they're looking at it from the stance of when Star Citizen is ready and hits it big they'll shift off various things to these different companies, but none of that stuff is ready yet

if you remember the one thing where people were all making a big deal about a loan they were loaning themselves from one of these that had a skeleton crew, it wasn't big enough for it to be a tax dodge...but to take a completely random thing, it read more to me like they're trying to start an offshoot that may focus on for example ship designs, where the main CIG will no longer concern itself with this and that other company will do it all and CIG would just take it from them...or maybe like a branch that films the cutscenes or branch that manages voice overs, etc.

except they're nowhere near the state where that kind of internal outsourcing makes any sense except for the fact that they probably don't have anywhere to promote people to, so they instead give them a title at one of these offshoots

that was the only reason i could come up with any of the stuff they're doing like this, and the name "Cloud Imperium Rights" sounds like another instance of this...where maybe this is the wing that will handle licensing out for novels or figurines or whatever, but YOU'RE NOT READY TO DO THIS YET...MAYBE, and it's going to be the employees they already have since they can't afford to staff those up yet presumably so it'll sit as a company on paper like the four others or whatever they declared

edit: i should note, this behavior is how you operate literally anything and everything in hollywood, where Chris spent much of his last two decades...game companies don't do this because nobody (on purpose) starts up from scratch a company, produces a game, and then shuts down entirely as an entity...but that's how most every movie is made
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 09:06:58 PM by benjipwns »

bluemax

« Reply #1282 on: September 10, 2017, 10:12:51 PM »
But Derek told me this was an EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT!
NO

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1283 on: September 11, 2017, 03:18:26 PM »
how do you dox someone whose info is all public again? and who tweets their own job changes?

Are you asking for a doxsplainer?
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1285 on: September 12, 2017, 04:22:40 PM »
If humanity were just as cynical as most people in this thread we would still be living in caves laughing at people trying to make fire.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/355735-Star-Citizen-Thread-v6?p=5908375&viewfull=1#post5908375

:salute
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #1286 on: September 12, 2017, 06:02:33 PM »
Some people have spent a lot of money on the game - have you ever thought about putting in a spending limit?

Chris Roberts: I know some people don't think we say it, but I do - you don't need to spend any more than the base amount. That's all you need. I definitely think there are some people out there who just like the idea of supporting this. For them it's their hobby. I have friends who aren't necessarily into computer games but maybe they're into golf, which can be a pretty expensive hobby.

Well I mean if people were given sticks for clubs, and you'd need to wait for 6 years to finish your games because they still need to plant grass and drill the holes and shit, that would work as a valid analogy, I guess.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1287 on: September 12, 2017, 07:19:25 PM »
lmfao "no, no, please. you've given me too much free money, i can't take any more" said no-one in business EVER
◕‿◕

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #1288 on: September 12, 2017, 07:21:34 PM »
i mean, what a fucking dumb naive question jesus
◕‿◕

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #1289 on: September 13, 2017, 03:58:25 PM »
i mean, what a fucking dumb naive question jesus

Is this a question that Chris Roberts has been plagued by?

Not all questions are about expressing some clever insight by the interviewer. Just asking a blunt question and getting a response has value.
___

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1290 on: September 14, 2017, 03:59:16 AM »
An org apparently refunded 45k$. Somehow they were a commercial company.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/6zy3ko/just_refunded_3_completionist_packages_for_a/
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #1291 on: September 14, 2017, 06:38:16 AM »
Well if you're handling the pooling of $$$$$$$ for game assets for game that isn't out yet and looks a hot mess it's probably good to have some llc type protection.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1292 on: September 15, 2017, 12:26:12 AM »
45k refund might or might not be fake.  :yeshrug

Derek is still rolling with it, claims the $330 Swofford talks about is the guy's own account, and the $45k is the org account. He says the guy deleted his reddit account to avoid drama.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/355735-Star-Citizen-Thread-v6?p=5915207&viewfull=1#post5915207
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1293 on: September 15, 2017, 10:05:36 AM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1294 on: September 23, 2017, 06:14:19 AM »
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/355735-Star-Citizen-Thread-v6?p=5934073&viewfull=1#post5934073

So apparently CIG wants air traffic controllers...

When... when we were ON SET in... in... and ah... FILMING and PCAP it... it was... it was really important you know cos the game was... er... really much FILMED LIKE A MOVIE and as we... as we went about TRACKING and trying to manage and maintain the CONTENT it was very clear that we needed to focus on the IMPLEMENTATION side and to use that as a way to track how the... the PCAP should be cut up and the way it should be ORGANIZED so... UTILIZING THAT BACKGROUND OF IMPLEMENTATION I made sure that we TRACKED OUR PCAP in a way that was ultimately feasible to edit... edit the project and... and... and... and uh... actually track how... how it was being cut up and... and uh... and... on... on the uh... on the EDITING BOARD.

So every flight controller is its own AI. When you hailing a tower to request landing or takeoff, you're gonna be in contact with an actual SUBSUMPTION DRIVEN AI which, um, has... depending on the station a unique voiceline or a generic one...

a GENERIC computer system which also picks up if there's for whatever reason, no flight operator available. Because our flight operators are actually like physically placed in the station, so... you could basically stand in the station, see him talking to someone and whoever is on the ship will see the same thing. So it's a... uh... ONE TO ONE TRANSITION.

:what
ὕβρις

wsippel

« Reply #1295 on: September 25, 2017, 06:32:16 PM »
Well, the idea is that pretty much everything in the game is supposed to be physicalized, not just magic happening in the background. That might be overly ambitious, and I have my doubts it'll ever fully work the way it was promised, but it's ultimately necessary for the level of emergent gameplay RSI wants to achieve. If a traffic controller is actually an NPC you can interact with, you can for example stall ships by distracting or killing them. And that's also very much in line with how the AI in Ultima VII and VIII worked, which was developed by the same guy. But doing stuff like this in a 2D environment with a very limited number of systems is obviously a lot easier. So I don't know. Sure would be great, but we'll see...

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1296 on: September 30, 2017, 01:08:18 PM »
I understand the whole "everything is simulated" but programming space controllers having a Cajun accent and being on parental leave is so low on the list of priorities and so peripheral it's comical. Especially since, you know, there's barely any NPC, locations or game to populate.

Meanwhile...
https://www.pcinvasion.com/leaked-reveal-star-citizen-intel-optane-ssds
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1297 on: September 30, 2017, 02:29:38 PM »
That's pretty much Star Citizen development in a nutshell, I think. They've become so obsessed with all these extremely minor details that they don't have time to actually build a working game.
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1298 on: September 30, 2017, 02:47:13 PM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1299 on: September 30, 2017, 07:21:10 PM »
ὕβρις

wsippel

« Reply #1300 on: October 02, 2017, 09:11:20 AM »
That's pretty much Star Citizen development in a nutshell, I think. They've become so obsessed with all these extremely minor details that they don't have time to actually build a working game.

Star Citizen goes for a systems driven approach. That's significantly more work initially, but less work once it's up and running, and more flexible to boot. Many perceived details come "free" with the underlying technology, whereas in more scripted games, they would have to be done individiually by hand. It's essentially how indie games like Kerbal Space Program, Rimworld or Factorio achieve crazy levels of depth, complexity and flexibility with very limited development ressources.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1302 on: October 05, 2017, 05:28:37 AM »
Fan art !

Ironic ?
[close]

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/194314/cig-staff-tribute-photo-montage-art-work-dedicated-to-the-hard-work-of-individuals-within-the-teams/p1

Some examples below (spoiler ag for size...)

[close]
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1303 on: October 06, 2017, 07:06:49 AM »
ὕβρις

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1304 on: October 06, 2017, 04:31:03 PM »
Fan art !

Ironic ?
[close]

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/194314/cig-staff-tribute-photo-montage-art-work-dedicated-to-the-hard-work-of-individuals-within-the-teams/p1

Some examples below (spoiler ag for size...)

[close]

This is the worst thing to come out of the Internet

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1305 on: October 08, 2017, 02:06:41 AM »
I used to work with Chambers. He is a good guy. No one deserves this rough photoshoppery.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1306 on: October 10, 2017, 03:26:46 AM »
3.0 is out with the smallest group of players doing testing for a few days now. But they're running a tight ship with barely any leaks.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 03:53:59 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #1307 on: October 10, 2017, 04:02:57 AM »
Looks like a legit stormtrooper move.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #1308 on: October 10, 2017, 04:43:33 AM »
I think at this point, the best we can hope for is if these people manage to release some unambitious but fun single player mode. Like how Digital Anvil managed to cobble together Freelancer after they'd failed to reach The Chairman's lofty goals back in the early 00s.

That was a really fun game. Played it again some years ago and it still holds up.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1309 on: October 14, 2017, 07:21:02 AM »
http://mailchi.mp/cloudimperiumgames/meet-the-defender-of-the-banu-140549

Squadron 42 will be the focus of our Holiday Livestream in December, where we will preview some gameplay and share our roadmap for its completion
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1310 on: October 14, 2017, 08:21:25 AM »
"Squadron 42 will be the focus of our Holiday Livestream in December"

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/769nm0/squadron_42_will_be_the_focus_of_our_holiday/

CIG removed the year from S42 site

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/76apw4/cig_removed_the_year_from_s42_site/

They could have learned from the "Answer the call 2016" last year.

Nothing's ever good enough, right? Can't ever admit that maybe they've done something right.

Psst. Your bias is showing.

:insane

That "answer the call" means nothing. It's not a official release date indication something, that should have been obvious after it changed the first time.
It'd be bizarre to expect people not to interpret it as a release date, so even if that's true, which it isn't, it'd be pretty silly.
It's marking hype that capitalizes on that, but it's not a release date.

:stop

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/355735-Star-Citizen-Thread-v6?p=6032281&viewfull=1#post6032281

Found this via the refund subreddit.

I'm seriously hoping this is a photoshop. Because if it isn't.....

(Image removed from quote.)

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/355735-Star-Citizen-Thread-v6?p=6028773&viewfull=1#post6028773

Quote from: Chris Roberts
Eh, ahhh I wanted... to mention it at project leadership meeting but it's important that the... QUALITATIVE feedback, uh... is filtered through, ah... TARD... and we'll make priority calls on it 'cos... there's some STUFF like you know, the 10001 error codes, yes with them we're definitely... we're definitely fixing, but then you know there's some SUBJECTIVE feedback of like, "I don't like THIS or I do like THIS" or whatever, now some of those issues they're calling out we already know about we're already working at addressing...

I always get a bit WORRIED because first of all we're getting ah... kind of SUBJECTIVE feedback that's sort of ANECDOTAL and so you know someone can have a strong OPINION but you know like, that could be THEIR opinion and maybe different to someone ELSE'S opinion as to whether it's a bug or not... so it has to go through the FILTER of us on the very HIGH LEVEL of the kind of DESIGN SIDE to make sure that you know, it's something that we wanna AGREE because a lot of the times people can't see the BIG PICTURE when they're making, ah... you know... FEEDBACK 'cos they don't know where the, you know, they're like, "WELL THIS IS MISSING! I NEED THIS!" and we're like 'yeah, no we know it's missing', it's kind of like on our TASK LIST, we're working on it right now, and we understand that... you know... it hurts your ability to dogfight if you can't see the status of your TARGET... or the status of your SHIP

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/762cyo/star_citizen_around_the_verse_cockpits_enhancing/doatw0z/

EKD said in burndown that there are 23 must fix issues for the official SC alpha release. He means for live, not PTU.

Edit: Blimey! I got it exactly backwards. Glad Disco cleared it up.

Next Evocati phase.

No. Waves are groups of people. Phases are development milestones. We got Transit out to Evocati. We're working on getting Shopping and Cargo out to Evocati, next.

Those are the bugs you're seeing counted down on ATV at present.

It's not releasing soon to the wider masses...
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1311 on: October 14, 2017, 08:56:03 AM »
Putting dates on games is something an amateurish publisher would do. I'm glad CIG realized putting a time limit on perfection is foolhardy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Squadron42/comments/76az42/comment/docmfy6
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #1312 on: October 14, 2017, 09:59:00 AM »
The way people talk about/excuse this game it sounds like the effort of a small first time indie dev not a hundred million dollar project with international collaboration.  :lol

“I think they probably just forgot” :dead
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1313 on: October 14, 2017, 12:05:07 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7684ih/the_gamechanger_has_now_allbutbeenconfirmed_to_be/

The Gamechanger has now all-but-been-confirmed to be a Outpost / Player-Colony builder

That clearly says it's a kinesiology and xenolinguistics ship

:mindblown
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1314 on: October 17, 2017, 03:25:54 AM »
Purported leak from an Evocati tester :
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/76lqca/30_spoilers_from_my_evocati_friend/

There's also noises and reports of refunds being less forthcoming, supposedly with replies from customer support implying 3.0 might be considered by CIG as a minimum viable product now delivered but I'd be cautious over considering it confirmed.

Last but not least, Derek Smart has worn out the patience of many goons (he got pretty mad when people made fun of his non standard key binding is in his latest game, notably).
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #1315 on: October 17, 2017, 04:14:08 AM »
Q: How's the Nox and other bikes?

A: The Nox is very uncontrollable and tends to flip to its side. The DF can spawn upside down and is jerky at best. Both bikes can be placed inside the Cutlass and other multicrew ships, but getting them inside in one piece without dying is very challenging. The URSA I have not tested because there's a known issue with the ASOP terminals where some ships don't show up even though they're available in the patch.

Q: How's the moons?

A: Tricky to get to atm. When first QTing to a moon, the ship stops about 500km away, so you have to go back to the star map app and select 1 of 6 bouys or "OMs" to get closer to them. Then you have to max out your ship's speed with AB to travel about 100km to reach an outpost or station. For example, from Port Olisar to Levski, you select Delamar as your destination on the star map app, then after arriving you select OM3 to get close to Levski, then after that you point your ship towards where Levski should be and you wait about 5 minutes in max speed to get to the vicinity of Levski where you can ping the ATC guy to give you a hangar to land on. The moons themselves only have 5-7 outposts marked on the star map, but there are roads, derelicts and un-marked buildings that you can explore just by flying around. Other than that, the moons are very sparse between marked outposts and bikes are too buggy to effectively roam around moons.

Q: You mentioned there are NPCs in the build?

A: Yes, patch 3.0.0a had them roaming around doing their own business in Port Olisar and Levski, but they were buggy and get stuck in doors. In later patches, CIG decided to freeze them in a line in Port Olisar, so we'd make memes about them in ETF Spectrum. You can't interact with them yet, and Miles spits out the same greeting line at Levski.

Sounds great *cough*

Raist

« Reply #1316 on: October 17, 2017, 02:48:47 PM »
I found Roberts' GAF account.

Yes and I am saying even if Star Citizen MMO part gets cancelled and only Squadron 42 releases at a quality level comparable to Kingdoms of Amalur I would be ok with that.

Of course it's better to get the whole package but chances of that are fairly slim.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1317 on: October 18, 2017, 03:09:02 AM »
They can't make the core multiplayer game -with instances of thousand of players-, probably, no matter how hard they try (nobody could, maybe).

In a single server instance we can currently have up to 40 players in Area18 or 24 players in Crusader. Matchmaking tries to put you in the same instance as your friends, but beyond that it is luck of the draw which instance you will end up in. However @H0wland is correct in that our goal is that eventually everyone will be in the same instance.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6cyil1/clive_sherman_explains_number_of_players_in_an/

And the current scope is so large and complex it can't be built like that. This is what they tried to do by releasing "modules" in the beginning and it didn't made them a lot of good.

They could have settled for a much more simpler single player game at first however, but that time is long gone now. It couldn't reflect well at this point to have. It has to have some of the stuff they hyped to no end.

Anyway it's a bit moot because Roberts clearly commited himself to the whole no compromise on design thing as soon as the money started poured in with no end.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1318 on: October 18, 2017, 04:05:27 AM »
New ship database coming :

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16163-The-Shipyard-Careers-And-Roles

It is our hope that the New Ship Matrix will be the starting point for your Star Citizen theorycrafting adventures, as we detail the stock loadouts each ship will begin with
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #1319 on: October 18, 2017, 04:11:46 AM »
The GAF thread on the S42 delay is such a great source of entertainment.

I see this comment over and over again like 3rd party companies are doing it for free. Why don’t people see money as a resource?

If they are paying someone to build something then that is money being spent that could be used elsewhere. Why is that so difficult to understand?
How do you know that?

Maybe the company cut a deal to get a lot of eyes/publicity on the product? It's not the first nor the last time it can be done, neither of us know - why bitch about it?

On the flip side of this coin, how much do you think it costs to pay 300+ employees a year?

Probably 12-16 million a year, they probably pay lower than average due to it being a start-up. They have made some bad investments in the past though, I forget the name of that company that did their FPS- messed it up so badly they had to redo it themselves costing even more money.

they never had release dates. Only estimate dates, chris always said that. If fans believed that these were release dates, then it is fair to say that that is on them, not on cig.