Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 310653 times)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Re: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE
« Reply #1620 on: May 29, 2018, 09:11:25 AM »
Engadget now looks like one of those adsense manipulation sites that clog search results with copy+pasted trouble shooting guides. Huh.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1623 on: May 30, 2018, 09:14:29 AM »
Time to look at their vacancies again

For context, Bethesda across 4 studios have 66 job vacancies, of which 13 are 'Senior' and 2 are 'producer' roles. Bethesda is also working on more than one product.

CIG have 80 vacancies, 6 are 'producer' roles, 34 are 'lead or senior' roles.

Looking at the job requirements, it's clear that Bethesda's 'senior' roles expect far more experience than CIG

Many of CIG's jobs, about 40-50 have been vacant for 18+ months, they just take down the advert and then relist it.

Not sure if accurate but that's certainly been my general impression that vacancies may stay up very long up to the point of wondering if they were ever filled or / if the turnover is brutal.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&pagenumber=4378#post484565605
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #1624 on: June 01, 2018, 02:04:07 AM »
I dunno about their other locations, but if they're trying to recruit top tier talent to their LA studio it isn't going to be easy. They're probably still in the phase Riot was in for years where the only people they hired were people who were big fans, except Riot had a popular game and made money, so they could slightly get away with being selective in picking who drink the Kool Aid.

Much like they're running out of people who want to spend money on the game, they're probably running out of people who want to work on the game. Like ignoring all the ridiculous shit about them, very people in general want to work on MMOs. Because MMOs are hard, take forever, and have a huge failure rate. It's one thing to spend 5 years working on God of War, its another thing to spend 5 years working on some crappy MMO that like 10k people play before it folds.

Maybe they can poach some people from Daybreak if those rumors about them having money problems because of their sketchy Russian Investors or whatever are real.

NO

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1626 on: June 03, 2018, 01:19:25 AM »
lol, any context for this?
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1627 on: June 03, 2018, 03:19:19 AM »
https://twitter.com/PapaDolvak/status/1003060718365790209

According to a goon :

Interestingly, I've found out just now that amazingly you're both correct and wrong, simultaneously

It turns out that early today a long-time fanatical Citizen was threatened in public, doxed, then sent death threats, by another backer who's really not happy with the project and hates the shills covering it up or something. The /r/StarCitizen modteam banned the doxxer, who retaliated in messages to the mods and fanatic, making new alts to do it. They got Reddit Admin and Police involved but nothing's been sorted yet.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&pagenumber=4400#post484687045

Not sure if that's it.

Otherwise the Reddit is in a mellow mood :

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8nqbx2/nerfnows_take_on_the_legatus_pack/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8nshoz/badnewsbaron_talking_to_kraiklyn_cig_about_sc/
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1628 on: June 05, 2018, 09:17:37 AM »
They no poo poo track (or plan to track at least) the argon levels in every room in every space station, ship, and building in the game.

This of course from the team that’s been promising basic “atmosphere and decompression” mechanics as coming in the next patch for the last three years.

"Plan to", nothing, they are*

*faking it, probably

The source of it was some stream of someone playing the game with some debug console turned on (probably from a CIG stream), and a sharp-eyed goon spotted that included with the reams of poo poo being dumped to the screen was "argon %" for the current location.

Which either means that in the buggy-rear end mess of a jankfest they have, "keeping track of argon" was actually loving prioritized...

but the far more likely answer is that some victim of Crobert's close-range hand-waving tied an RNG generator to a debug variable so that chris would stop leaning over his shoulder screaming about argon.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4412#post484749739
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1629 on: June 05, 2018, 01:09:11 PM »
All your monies Argon.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1630 on: June 06, 2018, 06:05:47 AM »
Oh - according to their video a couple of weeks ago - that is still in the early stages of mocap!!!

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?p=6757542#post6757542

:neogaf
ὕβρις

Tasty

« Reply #1631 on: June 06, 2018, 10:19:25 AM »
Why do you even need to mocap anything? I thought this game was about spaceships in space.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1632 on: June 06, 2018, 10:32:47 AM »
Why do you even need to mocap anything? I thought this game was about spaceships in space.
wow

can't even

i just

i mean

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1633 on: June 06, 2018, 01:34:49 PM »

Is this really the space hill you want to die on?
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1634 on: June 07, 2018, 04:55:22 AM »

Spaceships can't emote the grand epic 1000+ pages tale of a ragtag bunch of misfit pilots in space Roman Empire killing space brown barbarians.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1635 on: June 07, 2018, 09:12:50 AM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1636 on: June 07, 2018, 06:17:35 PM »
So a Youtuber (SidAlpha) has been getting death threats (and rape threats upon his daughter) after making a critical video against the project and taken to Twitter to vent against the fan community. As you would expect, there's a lot of "You shouldn't generalize" and "it's probably Derek Smart minions doing a false flag". Anyway, Something Awful had a nice thread title change about this :

Star Citizen : No Way To Prevent This, Says Only Community Where This Regularly Happens

A terminally ill cancer patient was already bullied a couple of year ago over the same thing so the community doesn't have the best record. Plus some nasty stories of sex offenders prominent and victims / accusers being banned from the official forums.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1637 on: June 07, 2018, 06:34:21 PM »
FPS AI still need some work...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSopyK83iuY&t=2m28s
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1639 on: June 09, 2018, 02:34:07 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8pmcq8/bind_culling_and_fps_ai_moved_to_33/

I'm not sure where people's expectations come from

so far bind culling has been announced to be released in the following patches:

2.6, Dec 2016

2.6.1, Feb 2017

2.6.2, Mar 2017

2.6.3, Apr 2017

3.0, Dec 2017

3.1, Mar 2018

3.2, Jun 2018

3.3, Sep 2018 (??)
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #1640 on: June 09, 2018, 04:23:00 AM »
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #1642 on: June 09, 2018, 10:13:02 AM »
chris roberts should drop game dev and go into DoD acquisition management. his ability to hand wave a month to month slip going on two years would make him a legend.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1643 on: June 09, 2018, 03:49:58 PM »
www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8plwkk/monthly_studio_report/

"Vanduul AI progress is also continuing along in the prototype phase.

Regarding Vanduul combat, a lot of work was done to previz the way they fight. The emphasis was to make them as different from Humans as possible, so players have a completely different experience when fighting the Vanduul. The team is happy with the current results and are approaching full production for the Vanduul enemies.

The team also made some important strides on the Vanduul animation, creating a behavior set to provide a visual guide on how they will move and operate in Squadron 42.

They also collaborated with other teams to get the Vanduul fully functional and ready for motion capture."

Oh so they just have to do the mocap, animation, AI and decide on the behaviour of the main enemy faction of their single player game. Which they rebooted at some point, probably, considering they shot mocap stuff with Andy Serkis some time ago as per a YouTube link I posted a few days back.

Standard game development.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 04:11:54 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #1645 on: June 09, 2018, 11:05:27 PM »
"william shatner"

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1646 on: June 10, 2018, 03:23:40 AM »

Sometimes you start building an analogy and realize it's terrible midway through.
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1647 on: June 10, 2018, 04:34:03 AM »
Sometimes you build a bridge to nowhere because you got a federal huge grant and you might as well spend this money.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1648 on: June 10, 2018, 09:45:24 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8pznyp/some_thoughts_from_a_longterm_backer_which_really/

It also touches on something I read on SA and which is always fairly difficult to confirm : apparently there's no report of a refund being granted since January with demands being reportedly stringed along a long chain of shadow managers.
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #1649 on: June 10, 2018, 11:13:15 AM »
i've noticed the invective toward this game has slowed quite a bit over the last few months; feels like everyone is content to just watching the slow sinking.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1650 on: June 10, 2018, 08:32:07 PM »
Feelings like you've never seen in a game before !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6FpCpt5m4&t=49m23s
ὕβρις

Coax

« Reply #1651 on: June 12, 2018, 02:23:18 AM »
If it wasn't such a catastrophe in actuality this would seem like such a good game :goty2

benjipwns

« Reply #1653 on: June 14, 2018, 02:58:01 AM »
I was thinking exactly this. "Your Universe is Waiting." That's bullshit, no it isn't half the stuff in the trailer is not anywhere near in game.

The marketing department is actively destroying what little remains of the projects reputation and they are setting CIG up for legal problems down the road by spewing misleading and dishonest assertions in pursuit of ever more money.

Chris needs to reign in Marketing, Stop micro managing everything and focus on making a game, not on selling the idea of a game.
if only Stalin Roberts knew

benjipwns

« Reply #1654 on: June 14, 2018, 02:59:13 AM »
Why would they ever finish the game when they can monetize the concept of the game?
:dead

benjipwns

« Reply #1655 on: June 14, 2018, 03:08:22 AM »
I find it hypocritical that many of the same people that will criticize CIG over this trailer will be gushing over how cool Anthem looked, or how hyped they are over fallout 76 in the same breath. because I can guarantee that those games won't look or play like anything shown in those trailers.
just watched the trailer... really guys mad about that? Lol with so much going on in the world you choose to allow that affect you in a nagative way? What priviledged lives we lead.
Oh man, I can‘t read this shit anymore. Every Game and every Trailer needs its time. Or do you think cyberpunk was developed the last 2 years? In Addition to that they build a whole new studio for this game. Not recycle any modules, mechanics from other older games from the same franchise.

Dont back a Game if u cant wait. Nobody forced u. Just get the fuck off with this kiddie threads. Furthermore The Trailer doesnt show anything what doesnt exist in the Game in this early status.
Frankly, it would be incredibly difficult to capture the dense material and background of Star Citizen in a minute and a half. It certainly wouldn't be emotionally compelling.

You're welcome to take issue with how things are conveyed. But remember the intended audience will need to commit more time to understand the project and backing. Fortunately, we have an amazing supportive community who can help welcome new members and caution overly excited ones.
Well that is what they currently have in their internal build. Why it is misleading?

We don't know what is coming in 3.2.

But I have no doubt the game will ultimately amount to what we have seen in their trailers.

Just have faith.

They have the money, they have the talent,.. they only lack time and faith from the backers.
Ahh salty redditors who can't respect the fact that they gave us an e3 trailer after getting nitpicked over why they didn't have one last year. Always golden.
I understand there are legitimate complaints people have with CIG, but the amount of hate filtering in is so overblown and melodramatic it makes my tinfoil hat suspect a campaign is behind it
yyyyyeeesssssssss into my veins

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Tasty

« Reply #1660 on: June 16, 2018, 10:33:09 AM »
This fuckery :rejoice

Tasty

« Reply #1661 on: June 16, 2018, 11:25:46 AM »
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-16-eve-online-and-star-citzen-fans-at-war-over-112-copycat-spaceship

And there are signs this one may turn ugly. One Star Citizen player who defended the Vulture's design on the Eve subreddit, pointing out the Vulture yellow is a result of the colour-scheme of its in-universe manufacturer, Drake and that its shape is common throughout sci-fi, was called a homophobic slur in a reply that was stickied by the moderators of the Eve sub.

At the very least, the EVE community is just as full of fuckstains as I remember it being back in the day.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1662 on: June 16, 2018, 01:38:29 PM »
Does this mean I'm getting not one but two sequels to DUST 514? :hyper

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #1663 on: June 16, 2018, 04:33:32 PM »
This quote is my favorite thing to come out of the reddit dust up:
[–]Oran_Gootan

[+1] 192 points 20 hours ago
r/eve users are just super butthurt and jealous that the star citizen developers have pulled off the most profitable and elaborate pyramid scheme in recent memory while they are stuck in jita spamming scam contracts that must feel really embarrassing farming people for ingame money with false promises using unoriginal ideas while SC devs are doing the exact same thing for irl money with no consequences whatsoever

nudemacusers

« Reply #1664 on: June 16, 2018, 06:30:00 PM »
Lmao and this isn’t even the first time they’ve lifted style or assets from external sources to support a hundred dollar plus ship  :lol
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1666 on: June 17, 2018, 01:10:19 PM »
This quote is my favorite thing to come out of the reddit dust up:
[–]Oran_Gootan

[+1] 192 points 20 hours ago
r/eve users are just super butthurt and jealous that the star citizen developers have pulled off the most profitable and elaborate pyramid scheme in recent memory while they are stuck in jita spamming scam contracts that must feel really embarrassing farming people for ingame money with false promises using unoriginal ideas while SC devs are doing the exact same thing for irl money with no consequences whatsoever

ISK has a real world conversion rate. :bolo

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

bluemax

« Reply #1669 on: June 21, 2018, 01:40:36 AM »
Mining is fidelitious:

NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1670 on: June 23, 2018, 07:19:48 AM »
On a tangent, some Illfonic news (who did the since then discarded first version of the FPS) :

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&pagenumber=4554#post485357061

Don’t know if this is relevant enough to this thread, but Illfonic are embroiled in a new controversy over a crowdfunded game turned into a clusterfuck on multiple levels. They were the devs for the Friday the 13th game that was produced by Adam Sessler, and boy, what a story that has been.

They did deliver the game, but it was a technical mess. Then, they announced that paid DLC was coming before any significant fixes, every patch broke more things than it fixed, and the only dates they ever met were the DLC release dates.

Then there was a lawsuit filed by the uncredited original writer of the first movie. Basically, the guy never got any royalties, and never wanted there to be any sequels. He sued for royalties owed and has been shutting down any and all merchant that he can, as he now owns the Friday the 13th IP. Illfonic had apparently finished a new playable version of Jason from Jason X, and could have released him before the judgement on the lawsuit, which did have any injunctions or restraints on licensing before the verdict. They also missed a promised date for a patch, and now they say they can’t even patch the game due to the results of the lawsuit, even though a mobile Friday the 13th puzzle game’s producers have said they don’t have to stop patching their game under the judgement.

Kind of funny how nobody involved in Star Citizen comes out of anything clean, huh?
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #1671 on: June 23, 2018, 08:17:37 AM »
that's not what either of the two statements from the last two weeks says...and it's the publisher's decision and they were also the one who did the crowdfunding campaigns:
“When we originally learned that the game fell within the cross-hairs of this legal dispute, we tried to balance the creation of new content requested by our fans against the maintenance and bug fixing that our community expects and deserves. We attempted to do both within the limits of the legal case.

“ We’ve now been forced to accept that the lawsuit makes future content for the game, including alternate play modes, new playable Jasons and Counselors, and new maps, unfeasible now or in the future. Although the listed content types will be affected, we remain committed to launching dedicated servers on our console platforms and providing the continued maintenance and bug fixing important to supporting our fan base.”
“Sorry for the silence as of recent. It’s been a tough couple weeks, as I’m sure you’re aware. But I wanted to address a few questions that I’ve had sent to me personally, as well as questions we’ve received through the official F13 channels. These questions vary but all have a similar tone/request. “Is there a chance of any content being added to the game if a ruling on the dispute occurs in the near future?” The answer is no.

Development on games can’t just pause indefinitely and pick back up again; it doesn’t work that way. Especially when you have no idea when that future date will occur. We can’t keep building content that may never see the light of day. That’s bad business. I’ve also had questions about adding “non-F13” related content to the game. “Can’t you make a new level or a new counselor that has nothing to do with the films?” We can’t do that either. We can’t add any content, whatsoever. Nada. Not even a new tree or rock. We can only focus on console dedicated servers, bug fixes, and maintenance.

I know this isn’t the news you wanted to hear and I wish the situation were different. But it’s the painful truth. I appreciate your passion and look forward to seeing everyone around camp.”
Illfonic's real mistake here (other than perhaps their shoddy maintenance of the title) seems to be when their inspired game was offered the Friday The 13th license from a publisher and the apparent owner of the license they took it and converted their *wink-wink* game into the actual thing.

Illfonic also got battered hard when THQ went down. So maybe they'll stop trusting people who come to them with projects. :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #1672 on: June 23, 2018, 08:24:08 AM »
Adam Sessler doesn't seem to be involved either, let alone as a producer, it looks like he's just a really big fan of the franchise and was promoting it on twitter/podcast due to that?

As an aside, I think his new "analytics" company may also be a front/scam like that one the one ERA mod/admin works for.

bluemax

« Reply #1673 on: June 26, 2018, 12:21:52 AM »
that's not what either of the two statements from the last two weeks says...and it's the publisher's decision and they were also the one who did the crowdfunding campaigns:
“When we originally learned that the game fell within the cross-hairs of this legal dispute, we tried to balance the creation of new content requested by our fans against the maintenance and bug fixing that our community expects and deserves. We attempted to do both within the limits of the legal case.

“ We’ve now been forced to accept that the lawsuit makes future content for the game, including alternate play modes, new playable Jasons and Counselors, and new maps, unfeasible now or in the future. Although the listed content types will be affected, we remain committed to launching dedicated servers on our console platforms and providing the continued maintenance and bug fixing important to supporting our fan base.”
“Sorry for the silence as of recent. It’s been a tough couple weeks, as I’m sure you’re aware. But I wanted to address a few questions that I’ve had sent to me personally, as well as questions we’ve received through the official F13 channels. These questions vary but all have a similar tone/request. “Is there a chance of any content being added to the game if a ruling on the dispute occurs in the near future?” The answer is no.

Development on games can’t just pause indefinitely and pick back up again; it doesn’t work that way. Especially when you have no idea when that future date will occur. We can’t keep building content that may never see the light of day. That’s bad business. I’ve also had questions about adding “non-F13” related content to the game. “Can’t you make a new level or a new counselor that has nothing to do with the films?” We can’t do that either. We can’t add any content, whatsoever. Nada. Not even a new tree or rock. We can only focus on console dedicated servers, bug fixes, and maintenance.

I know this isn’t the news you wanted to hear and I wish the situation were different. But it’s the painful truth. I appreciate your passion and look forward to seeing everyone around camp.”
Illfonic's real mistake here (other than perhaps their shoddy maintenance of the title) seems to be when their inspired game was offered the Friday The 13th license from a publisher and the apparent owner of the license they took it and converted their *wink-wink* game into the actual thing.

Illfonic also got battered hard when THQ went down. So maybe they'll stop trusting people who come to them with projects. :lol

So 2 years ago I worked at this company that mostly made mobile phone games, we ran into a bad spell where we had 2 projects cancelled, another project sunset, and a project that was completed after being way behind schedule (and not completed to the publisher's satisfaction I'm sure). Needless to say we were hurting for money, so when some random guy came to the company and offered us a chance to pitch a project for an IP that has far less notoriety or financial value than Friday the 13th, my boss absolutely took it.

As far as I know it never panned out and I got laid off not long after and the company has shrunk massively, but I've seen people take on any garbage IP or sketchy proposal if they think it'll keep the lights on for a few more months.

Also side note, The Odd Gentlemen (of King's Quest/PB Winterbottom fame) apparently did some work for Illfonic on F13.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1674 on: June 26, 2018, 03:39:12 AM »
Star Citizen Alpha 3.2.0j PTU.791185 Patch Notes

Shopkeepers should have their eyes back.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-2-0j-ptu-791185-patch-notes/1270001
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1675 on: June 26, 2018, 09:49:53 AM »
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1676 on: June 29, 2018, 11:09:09 PM »
So Glorious Space Brother One made a speech in one of the promotional video...

I'll second this. Talking about how they have devs from major studios around the world with decades of experience and how it bruises the ego when redditors say they can't produce their way out of a wet paper bag. Certainly owning his own tendency to get excited and over promise delivery dates was good. I think also explaining that SQ42 roadmap just can't come out till they are closer to release, that too many large pieces of tech and production are up in the air to commit to a roadmap (though some pieces are locked down).

I think that, and other comment about AI player comrades coming next year, sets a reasonable expectation of SQ42 sometime in 2020 and beyond

Also the hype around 3.3 is so very real now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8uwaei/comment/e1inph8

Chris: I'm not the best person at estimating my time or other people's time because I always feel like I could do it ... you know, quicker than it ultimately would be.
Lando: [Leans in grinning knowingly]
Chris: So there you go. I absolve myself of that, and then... let the other people who are a bit more realistic or pessimistic do that.
Lando: [With immense relief] Ahhh... I adore you sometimes.
Chris: [Nervous semi-laugh]
Lando: That's the Chris that I came to work for. Almost four years ago... That's why I came here.

:mindblown

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&pagenumber=4582&perpage=40#post485634965
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1677 on: June 29, 2018, 11:19:48 PM »
Some of the promotional video series are also being cut down or back it seems...
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1678 on: June 30, 2018, 12:36:01 AM »
Did anyone actually think that it would be out this year?

Naysayers, the under informed, and those not paying attention

Wait. Why would Naysayers think that it was going to be out this year

To fuel fud.

I... no? The FUDster angle has always been "It's never coming out". The only people who thought it would be out this year were the zealots, not the... crap where's that graph. Whatever's on the opposite side from zealots

This is one type of FUD.
The other type of FUD says "It was supposed to be out by X!" followed by "Look at how incompetent they are!", or "Look at how they are lying to you!".

Amazing. :lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8uw4mj/comment/e1im1pz

Production doesn't feel comfortable making public the progress right now.

THE OPENNEST DEVELOPMENT
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1679 on: June 30, 2018, 12:41:10 AM »
Star Citizen really is the gift that keeps on giving.
dog