Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 316568 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE
« Reply #1380 on: November 25, 2017, 04:29:45 AM »
And another sale for a fighter ship yet yet yet yet yet...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//16271-Hawk-Concept-Sale

I wonder how many different ships they have now...

Edit : No bug count graph this week in the schedule, and to lift a joke from french forum CanardPC neither is a schedule included. :neogaf
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 04:37:00 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #1381 on: November 28, 2017, 02:17:01 AM »
So aren't we like 5 years from the end of the crowd funding campaign now?
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1382 on: November 28, 2017, 12:19:33 PM »
So aren't we like 5 years from the end of the crowd funding campaign now?

IIRC it ended in December 2012, so yeah.
But those things, they take time : :gaben

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also talent and management  :trumps
[close]
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1383 on: November 28, 2017, 01:18:39 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7eq0f4/i_drove_45_hours_each_way_to_get_a_beer_with_the/

I drove 4.5 hours each way to get a beer with the man. Worth it.

It was a black card pop-up party.

You buy a black card that is sold in very limited amounts on the store every now and then. It's around 35USD if i remember correctly. That will get you emails with the time and date. However it's not a secret and the date and place was public knowledge as it has been posted on this site multiple times. I believe everyone is welcome to show up at the meeting, they ask you to bring a friend in the emails.
You have to qualify as a Concierge level backer by having spent at least $1000 before you could even buy a card.

only religion where you can take a beer with your savior

Fellas, is it gay to go to a Star Citizen Black Card party? You're basically driving 4.5 hours each way to get a beer with a man. :thinking
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1384 on: November 28, 2017, 07:33:29 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7g7q2z/please_read_the_qa_before_freaking_out_please/

Prime real estate in virtual space is happening.

Will I have an advantage over other players if I buy a claim license now?

No. Licenses can be bought for UEC in game and no one will be able to claim land before the mechanic is available in game for all. People that own claim licenses now, during the anniversary sale to support development, and people that earn the money in-game to buy one will be on equal footing assuming they have enough UEC, especially as there will be millions of locations for people to explore and claim within the Universe over the life time of the game.

And yeah they're selling it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 07:38:08 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1385 on: November 29, 2017, 12:59:58 AM »

:noooo
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1386 on: November 29, 2017, 01:50:35 AM »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1387 on: November 29, 2017, 01:56:31 AM »
Is my virtual as of yet non-existent but potentially future purchased via license (from the King?) land rightfully inherited by my firstborn son upon my death? Or is this some kind of social studies warrior bullshit like that taco Thomas Jefferson prevented in the U.S.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1388 on: November 29, 2017, 02:27:09 AM »
ὕβρις

Corporal

« Reply #1389 on: November 29, 2017, 12:56:00 PM »
I'm only content if I get to harass my virtual neighbours by thumping on HOA guidelines. Until then, no sale.
!list

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1390 on: November 30, 2017, 01:10:23 AM »
For the sake of accuracy it should be said that :
- CIG is very adamant you're not buying land but an item ("beacon") you'll need to make a claim. I'm fuzzy on the details but apparently it's used to "secure" a plot.
- Those were already thrown in the 850$ base building ship they started selling recently, see earlier pages.
- True to form, CIG has worded very carefully the fact that everything will be available in game and that those are mostly symbolic rewards to no strings attached "donations" that should be doled only to help make the game bigger.

As usual, a lot of backers on the reddit insist on those technicalities and seem the forest for the trees, namely that CIG is selling years in advance mechanics that are yet to be implemented, only increasing the already massive technical debt and commitments they have to meet, possibly chaining design and development to inconvenient goals.

Details here :

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16292-Q-A-Land-Claim-License/

A claim beacon is a staff-shaped piece of hardware used in conjunction with a claim license to procure a section of land. Upon insertion into the ground the beacon will activate and a small memory module near the tip will be encoded with the precise coordinates of the area. The module can then be detached and taken to a UEE Planetary Development office in order to execute a claim license on the designated property, assuming the property hasn’t already been purchased by another. Beacons also serve as remote monitoring stations, capable of transmitting real-time weather information and motion detection alerts to the owner, with the latter particularly useful in helping to determine if someone may be seeking to exploit your property without your permission.

:mindblown
ὕβρις

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1391 on: November 30, 2017, 04:47:30 AM »
Lmao yet more pre-paid feature creep

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1392 on: November 30, 2017, 01:11:01 PM »
It's schadenfreude fanfic time, TheAgent is now humming that his sources are mentioning F2P. As usual, unconfirmed, probably BS. Full message in spoiler tag.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&pagenumber=2915&perpage=40#post478874352

hello

The costs come in for the servers, the projected costs, if we do go ahead and release into beta next year [2018]. I don't know specifics but I know it's a lot. There's been some ask for how we continue to pay for that upkeep since the original deal fell through.

I wasn't exactly sure what they were talking about but no further discussion happened about that

Most of us feel subscription costs are the only way. There's no possible other way to keep the lights on here. I know a lot of our backers will be upset but, again, that's the nature of game development. Things change. Plans change. How can we cover support for a live game that requires hardware and software solutions still being developed? When the multiplayer blocks are still being built? There's no other way, at least none that I can see.

free-to-play players

can access the game
    cannot own shops / outposts / land / stations
    cannot own ships or pilot ships
    can crew for others / take on specific ftp missions with friends or others
    have a total credit cap earned weekly
    total credit cap
    cannot craft items
    cannot sell on the marketplace
    no storyline content is available for f2p tier

citizen tier or citizenship

full access to the complete experience
    can own buildings / shops / outposts / land /stations
    has standard entry on markets and customer service queues
    can create items
    can sell on the marketplace
    can see storyline content in SC

premium or commander tier

same as citizenship
    has priority access on market lists (show up first)
    priority access on CS queues
    can ask developers in game about upcoming features
    has additional storyline content via updates
    priority choice of base (??)

additional higher tier called internally as royalty

invite only by dev choice
    all content available
    priority across the board
    special irl and in game dinners and mixers with devs and staff
    special promo skins
    special bases / homes / outposts

Prices are being still being discussed.

f2p
    $14.99
    $39.99
    $249.99

Additionally, the more accounts you have with a certain level of status grant bonuses to credit production (?? no elaboration here) and your mission queue (?? or here).
[close]
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1393 on: November 30, 2017, 05:23:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1567900/
 :rkelly :boring

They released a major update to their testing group adding massively scaled, high fidelity moons to land on and explore, basic economy, outposts to visits, three unique hubs to purchase items, cargo, etc

They released a major update to their testing group adding massively scaled, high fidelity moons to land on and explore, basic economy, outposts to visits, three unique hubs to purchase items, cargo, etc
[close]

:confused
[close]
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #1394 on: December 01, 2017, 01:08:45 AM »
I randomly watched a few minutes of a Star Citizen stream on twitch last night.

The streamer said that part of one ship had more work done on it than any game EA has ever made. I closed the stream after that.
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #1395 on: December 01, 2017, 01:36:12 AM »
Can my beacon automatically contact a low orbit satellite that immediately fires a microwave laser beam at anyone attempting to exploit my property?

Also can this microwave laser be twice to four times as inaccurate as the one in Sim City 2000?

benjipwns

« Reply #1396 on: December 01, 2017, 01:39:58 AM »
No, I'm not trying to create a system in which I can plant beacons on every major planet and then have the inaccurate beam randomly vaporizing other peoples stuff which they probably spent real money on.

Though a true "ultimate space simulator" would allow me to become an intergalactic terrorist. Just saying.

Coax

« Reply #1397 on: December 01, 2017, 08:45:25 AM »

Is the mod a backer or something :confused

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1398 on: December 01, 2017, 09:48:33 AM »
No, I'm not trying to create a system in which I can plant beacons on every major planet and then have the inaccurate beam randomly vaporizing other peoples stuff which they probably spent real money on.

Though a true "ultimate space simulator" would allow me to become an intergalactic terrorist. Just saying.

If we gonna have inaccurate orbital lasers, I hope the game will also have psychic powers and procedural mutations.

Also I'm sure griefing will be in game.
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1400 on: December 03, 2017, 07:04:43 PM »
The post he's replying to is something else :lol

I can't be the only one to find it to be disingenuous, Something i'll expect to read in a click-bait article.

Yes while technically "Star citizen" as a name of an IP and an intellectual property was first conceived in 2012, The SC which many are playing right now, posting screenshots and videos on, Certainly hasn't been in development since 2012, How about we go through some major points:

1- The awesome Tony Zurovec, Our persistent universe director was hired in june 2014

2-The frankfurt office everybody loves opened in july 2015, With much less devs than it has now.

3-Many of the senior and big developers working on SC now came from Crytek, That happened in 2015.

4-By the end of 2014, CIG had 160 devs, That's almost one third of what they have now (450+), 70 of those 140 were in UK making mostly SQ42

5-Almost all of the ships and assets created in 2012, 2013, And 2014 had to be redone to fit the new ship pipeline and quality standard, And we can be certain that most of the assets created for SQ42 in those same years had to also be redone.

So in my own personal (conservative not optimistic) estimation, SC in it's current fidelity and scope we're seeing now, has been in development for about about 3 and a half years, Basically since mid 2014.

Considering how SC is pushing the envelope on many aspects of game development coupled with their obsessive attention to details, The work and progress they achieved in those 3 and a half years is reasonable, If not great.

Edit: By the way, I consider myself a victim of this '2012' BS, I avoided this game like the plague ever since i heard of it in 2014, Because all i heard was it's been X years in development since 2012 and hardly anything to show for, Even when one of my friends showed me the planetary landing in gamescom 2016, My reaction was "Is this all they achieved in 4 years and over 100m dollars?" , I truly thought it was a scam, Luckily i became very curious about SC at the beginning of 2017, And when i became knowledgeable of SC development history, The '2012' date echoed in gaming websites which i was personally exposed to, just felt disingenuous and didn't give an honest picture of SC at all.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1401 on: December 05, 2017, 10:13:36 AM »
Poe's law in effect :

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7haiyd/todays_peoplegamers_are_really_impatient_and_they/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Now some of you might think "Star Citizen is not a cathedral". While you are right on one hand you are also wrong on the other.

If you look at the scale that SC has and also look at the dreams that SC aims for, it should be seen as a "gaming cathedral".

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7hiqih/dear_cig_when_designing_gameplay_for_search_and/

Weather its in a Cutty red rescuing a stranger, or in the endeavor Hope saving people I have never met, I don't want to have to constantly worry about people jumping out of beds and wandering my ship trying to fuck my shit up.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1402 on: December 05, 2017, 12:44:16 PM »
A goon being a contrarian and making a case that the star ride never ends...

A. Funding tracker. This was the best Aniversary sale ever. Funding for this year will likely surpass last year, making it the best ever.

B. Reddit and Spectrum are super excited and gushing about 3.0. Very few complaints, just shittons of "my first landing on Daymar" screenshots etc.

C. Streamers are way more active post patch and their viewership is up.

D. Any negative threads left are quickly buried and usually ship minutiae related. Before the patch there were near daily threads about deep critical things like "are they lying about progress?" etc. That's gone now.

Like its obvious releasing 3.0 to PTU, whatever the state, was objectively the correct decision. It was not the "unmitigated disaster" Derek and others said it would be.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2975#post479041652

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:50:04 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1403 on: December 05, 2017, 01:30:28 PM »
Pooping Not implemented
©@©™

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1404 on: December 05, 2017, 02:41:34 PM »
Oh that’s gonna back up the production pipeline :teehee

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1405 on: December 05, 2017, 07:25:15 PM »
Now some of you might think "Star Citizen is not a cathedral". While you are right on one hand you are also wrong on the other.

If you look at the scale that SC has and also look at the dreams that SC aims for, it should be seen as a "gaming cathedral".

So, none of the people who originally started production will live long enough to see it finished?
dog

Corporal

« Reply #1406 on: December 06, 2017, 12:25:09 AM »
Sounds reasonable.

I might write that stuff into my will. "My cousin gets the lamp item. And the pirate ship goes to my friend X. Please bury a printout of my gas tanker data with my ashes."
!list

bluemax

« Reply #1407 on: December 06, 2017, 01:24:23 AM »
Derek Smart is posting random snippets of source code on Twitter claiming they're from SC and blah blah blah Derek Smart.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1408 on: December 09, 2017, 02:15:51 AM »
Some People call me the space game dev, yeah
Some call me crowdfunder of love
Some people call me Crobbler
Cause I speak for the Freyermuth of love
People talk about me, baby
Say I'm doing it wrong, doing it wrong
Well don't you worry backers don't worry
Cause I'm right here, right here coding at home

I'm a nitpicker, a dumb grinner
with a lawyer, and a sinner
I play whale music in the sun
I'm a coker, I'm a bloater
I'm a midnight coder
I don't care if my games are fun
Wooo wooooo
Wooo wooooo

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&pagenumber=3013#post479167548

:dead
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1409 on: December 09, 2017, 02:35:57 AM »
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/384948-Star-Citizen-Discussions-v7/?page=472

Wow, they are STILL pretending they will have VR support despite every single thing about the project making it very unlikely? Slimy. I know a guy who used to work for Oculus who was around for CR's visit. Called him a blithering idiot. Then did a masturbation gesture.

Yeah that's the Star Citizen line ever since CR got drunk at a Bar Citizen a year and a half ago or so and pontificated that VR was worthless until it was a form of sunglasses. So you get the true believers parroting that on reddit and the like.

All of us having a blast playing ED in VR for years now are somehow mistaken, I guess. Because CR can't do it, it MUST be worthless. I mean, he's a VISIONARY. He knows these things. I just wish he didn't con me out of a few bucks on the back of VR support!
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1411 on: December 10, 2017, 07:31:38 PM »
CIG Matt Sherman - Cutlass won't have the Flashfire working ever. We're still looking into exactly what we'll be doing for the people who've purchased it, so can't say what will happen in that regard, but in-line with the recent Shipyard posts, Manned Turrets are always there, you won't be ripping them out completely for a mount replacement like that.

Capture in spoiler tag

[close]

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7ika69/the_cutlass_flashfire_mount_wont_be_returning/

Released with 1.3 in Oct of 2015
No longer operational as of 2.2 in March 2016
Removed from the store sometime around Dec 10 2017

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3020#post479204368

Meanwhile :

https://clips.twitch.tv/GoldenAmazingGullCclamChamp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3UOZ3iRJ8c#t=61s

Notice the unrelated contextual dialog popping up in the latter.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:54:23 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #1413 on: December 11, 2017, 08:06:30 AM »
I don't understand how after five years, $150M+ in funding and a massive team, this can still look like a school project thrown together by a couple of students.

It has to be some kind of record.

benjipwns

« Reply #1414 on: December 13, 2017, 07:57:20 AM »
I don't understand how after five years, $150M+ in funding and a massive team, this can still look like a school project thrown together by a couple of students.
Go back a few pages and look at their schedule process.

It's literally amazing. Especially considering it was far worse in the prior version they put out.

And you can see it in what they show and put out, they're building everything in almost compartmentalized parallel rather than meeting serious milestones in various components first. And components are in different states across the different modes or whatever, like the gravity situation a while back. Where they indicated it was seemingly complete in the FPS test module, which is mostly set indoors, but not even really implemented in all the open world outdoors part other than in a basic level because they were building it differently from scratch.

There's nothing wrong with them taking their time and freedom but they seem to be missing a vital layer of project management somewhere.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #1415 on: December 13, 2017, 01:40:34 PM »
Crytek has filed a lawsuit against CIG. 

https://www.scribd.com/document/367101474/Crytek-v-CIG
https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/23222744/Crytek_GmbH_v_Cloud_Imperium_Games_Corp_et_al

CIG basically tried to avoid paying Crytek royalties on their funding by switching over to Amazon Lumberyard at the end of last year.  Now CryTek wants a piece of everything.  And they seem to have mountains of evidence that CIG was in violation of their contract, based on the documents.  It looks to me like CIG is royally fucked unless they can afford to settle this out of court, and that's pretty unlikely.

ItsHappening.gif
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 01:52:34 PM by Barry Egan »

Tasty

« Reply #1416 on: December 13, 2017, 01:51:39 PM »
Didn't something similar happen with Too Human? Like Dyack claimed they had customized Unreal too much or something and shouldn't pay Epic, but a judge thought differently and ordered every copy of the game destroyed. :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #1417 on: December 13, 2017, 01:52:18 PM »

Sections 2.2.1, 2.2.2, and 2.6 of the GLA contained a promise by Defendants that they would keep the underlying technology for CryEngine (including computer source code) confidential and not share it with anyone else without first disclosing that third party and obtaining prior written approval. 47.

Section 2.2.1 of the GLA states that Defendants shall not "publish or distribute the CryEngine in any way, be it in source code or object code." 48.

Section 2.2.2 of the GLA states that Defendants shall not "use CryEngine in any manner which may disclose the CryEngine source code or other Crytek proprietary information to any third party not otherwise authorized herein." 49.

Section 2.6 of the GLA states that a third party developer is permitted to access the Crytek technology so long as Defendants obtain "prior written approval" from Crytek and the third party developer enters into non-disclosure and non-competition agreements with Crytek. 50.

On May 6, 2015, Defendants began posting a series of videos online titled "Bugsmashers." The videos contain excerpts of information from CryEngine that were confidential, in breach of the GLA, and should not have been shown to the  public. The series continues today. 51.

On August 26, 2017, news reports announced a partnership between Defendants and a third party developer, Faceware Technologies. Upon information and belief, as a result of the partnership, Faceware received access to the underlying technology for CryEngine (including computer source code). Defendants did not disclose this third party developer's involvement to Crytek, let alone obtain Crytek's  prior written approval. This was entirely in breach of the GLA.
Defendants knew Crytek's right to display its trademarks and copyright notices in the Star Citizen video game and related marketing materials was a critical component of the GLA. Yet, by at least September 24, 2016, Defendants' co-founder Chris Roberts publicly sought to minimize Crytek's contribution to Star Citizen, stating that "we don't call [the video game engine] CryEngine anymore, we call it Star Engine" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDROliuDczo). 34.

Shortly thereafter, Defendants removed Crytek trademarks and copyright notices from the Star Citizen video game and related marketing materials in breach of the GLA
:trumps

Tasty

« Reply #1418 on: December 13, 2017, 01:58:20 PM »
Wow yeah they seemed fucked.

- Used CryEngine to develop Squadron 42 without obtaining a separate license for it, and was warned by Crytek about this.
- Removed Crytek logos from everything, violating the CryEngine agreement.
- Crytek gave CIG a huge discount on CryEngine specifically for marketing purposes, so that stings even more.
- CIG broke a promise to develop CryEngine with Crytek. CIG basically took CryEngine, customized it for themselves, and slapped their own "Star Engine" name on it.
- CIG's YouTube series "Bugsmashers" violated CryEngine's confidentiality agreement by disclosing various engine info and bugs publicly. What a bunch of morons. :lol

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1419 on: December 13, 2017, 02:07:24 PM »
Derek Smart must be jizzing his pants.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1420 on: December 13, 2017, 02:09:11 PM »
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/941012531086266368

The Age of Star Citizen is finally over. Maybe next decade.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #1421 on: December 13, 2017, 02:20:33 PM »
Seems like they could force Crytek to settle out of court for some exclusive ships to be added to the game at a future date whose value are infinitely more than whatever CryEngine was once worth. Especially since Crytek hasn't ever made anything as important as Star Citizen, just a tech demo like a decade ago before proving that they're bad at making important video games that expand the industry. Any judge will see that, especially once they introduce the MetaCritic scores for Ryse into evidence.

Tasty

« Reply #1422 on: December 13, 2017, 02:28:57 PM »
If this goes down in flames and the people who have spent thousands on imaginary ships for a prototype of a far-flung hope of a game... man.

Part of me really wants to see that in order for some people to learn some fiscal maturity*, but on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if there were a raft of suicides over this. Star Citizen is basically a religion for some of these people. (Or more accurately, a cult.) They're in too deep. :-\

*Having spent over three digits on Pokemon Go, I realize the irony. :doge
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #1423 on: December 13, 2017, 02:46:52 PM »
Also it's really hypocritical and whataboutist of Crytek to be going after a small indie dev that is trying new adventurous things when Zenimax stole their top engine guy and then used him and his CryEngine knowledge to make id Tech 6 and Doom and Wolfenstein II all of which probably have far more stolen stuff in probably one file of them than Star Citizen which is completely original rather than yet another rehash FPS tech demo that nobody wanted.

If anything the judge should issue a restraining order on anyone trying to undermine Star Citizen before 3.0 is complete.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1424 on: December 13, 2017, 03:46:43 PM »
*Having spent over three digits on Pokemon Go, I realize the irony. :doge
[close]

Didn't know the game is run by the Yakuza. Should've stopped your shameful gym defense after you lost the first one.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1425 on: December 13, 2017, 03:50:46 PM »
Derek Smart must be jizzing his pants.

He totally called it !

Not
[close]
ὕβρις

Tasty

« Reply #1426 on: December 13, 2017, 03:50:47 PM »
:thinking

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1427 on: December 13, 2017, 03:57:12 PM »
They're suing one of the most promising companies using their engine. One that could pay major dividends to them in the future.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7jkocy/comment/dr795cv

A complete and compilable version .... so Crytek expect a fully working bug fixed engine? Would have been hard to do so since CIG extended the engine a lot so any bugfixes applied to it would have been irrelevant to Crytek or would always have been non complete/not compilable since the CIG and Crytek version started to drift from eachother (64bit etc).

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7jkocy/comment/dr79wga
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1428 on: December 13, 2017, 04:02:14 PM »
Can CIG even be found in breach of contract when no final game has been published?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7jkocy/comment/dr76jhc

Checkmate Crytek :smug
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1429 on: December 13, 2017, 04:09:28 PM »
Apparently Crytek hired some elite legal firm for this.

I HAVE HERE FOR THE COURT ANOTHER JPG

*entire courtroom groans*

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&pagenumber=3061&perpage=40#post479314190

I guess instead of war bonds CIG can start selling bail bonds

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=479312924#post479312924

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 04:16:18 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1430 on: December 13, 2017, 05:32:37 PM »
Oh that’s gonna back up the production pipeline :teehee
:bow

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1431 on: December 13, 2017, 05:46:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2091501/

Oh come on, i've been waiting for this game for so long and it's made so much progress. Couldn't they wait until the game is essentially finished and making money before suing?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2091728/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru3zwjVMP3A#t=50s
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1432 on: December 13, 2017, 05:52:12 PM »
Star Citizen is never coming out

The user was warned for this post. Don't make inflammatory drive-by posts.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2095101/
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #1433 on: December 13, 2017, 06:29:39 PM »
Holy shit :lol

I need to read the reactions to this :lawd

Also, video released today. Check out 0:50 - 0:53 :rofl

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1434 on: December 13, 2017, 06:42:45 PM »
Not that it proves anything, could be legacy code in whatever Lumberyard version they're using now. Still funny. Especially in light of the claims they modified CE so much it was almost its own engine...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:01:41 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1435 on: December 13, 2017, 07:58:51 PM »
It's the ALMOST part that get's you. That's why Activision kept paying for Id Tech 3 forever.
©@©™

Corporal

« Reply #1436 on: December 14, 2017, 01:00:03 AM »
At least CIG finally has someone else to blame when the whole thing comes crashing down.

"We could have made Star Citizen a reality. If you had seen the internal development builds you'd know this was gonna be the best and feature completest game of the century. Sadly, Crytek in their insatiable greed took us down and condemned Star citizen to never be released publicly. Weep for us, and for what could have been."
!list

bluemax

« Reply #1437 on: December 14, 2017, 02:35:06 AM »
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/941012531086266368

The Age of Star Citizen is finally over. Maybe next decade.

How many times has Derek declared Star Citizen finished? At least once a month, and then it ends up disappearing. Not that I think the game will succeed, but Derek just keeps calling wolf.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1438 on: December 14, 2017, 04:10:16 AM »
Derek Smart never stopped being the joke he always was, really. I think it's true he was on to something with regards to Star Citizen but he kept doubling down since then, including appropriating any bit other goons came up with. Imagine him being called to witness in a trial tho. :lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7jmo1m/this_is_a_meritless_lawsuit_that_we_will_defend/

Tall Poppy Syndrome. Plain and simple.

You're all haters and jealous. I feel sorry for you. :crybaby
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1439 on: December 14, 2017, 04:48:56 AM »
Assuming the Crytek case has merit, I wouldn't be surprised it all seeped from poor planning and Chris Roberts failure to acknowledge the project was more than a 2-3 year affair, especially as soon as they tacked on stretch goal and their long refuge in audacity. Which itself was needed to keep funds rolling maybe because they underbudgeted hard.

Edit :

CIG: too fail to be big.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3086#post479334981

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:27:38 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις