Author Topic: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread  (Read 183898 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
The Fedex shooter was a brony  :dead

🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
I'll never understand how these incels manage to feel so sorry for themselves

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
UK mass shooter was a Trump supporter who expressed QAnon and 'incel' views: report

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-supporter-shooting/

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
In his final YouTube video prior to the shooting, Davison compared himself to the main character from the film The Terminator.

"Despite reaching almost total system failure, he keeps trying to accomplish his mission," Davison said.

wth is this normie talking about, the main character in Terminator is Kyle Reese.

🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
guy identifies with sara conor  :supergay

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
“The NHS basically said they are short staffed and that was it,” the friend wrote. “The family even asked the police to come out to see him… they didn’t do a welfare check. And now six people are dead.”
Officers did confirm that Davison was a licensed gun owner and said witnesses saw him wielding a “pump-action shotgun.”

:clap :clap :clap good policing
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
In his final YouTube video prior to the shooting, Davison compared himself to the main character from the film The Terminator.

"Despite reaching almost total system failure, he keeps trying to accomplish his mission," Davison said.

wth is this normie talking about, the main character in Terminator is Kyle Reese.

He's so incel that he identifies with a robot that kills women

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread
« Reply #1508 on: October 06, 2021, 01:21:34 PM »
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1445795934269583362

"Simpkins"

And you tell me this world is real
🤴

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 10:51:40 PM by D3RANG3D »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
They're saying he had the n-word written on his gun and that the whole shooting might be race-related.

John Dunbar

They're saying he had the n-word written on his gun and that the whole shooting might be race-related.

Let's not jump to conclusions.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Also planned it all out on Discord. What a surprise, discord harboring sex offenders and shooters
fat

Beezy

There's no "might".

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
I read that it's being investigated as a potential hate crime

Beezy

These situations keep getting more obvious and ridiculous, so I thought you were serious about the n-word on his gun. :(

Potato

• Senior's Member
Also planned it all out on Discord. What a surprise, discord harboring sex offenders and shooters
...and even worse, effeminate former video game message board moderators!
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
These situations keep getting more obvious and ridiculous, so I thought you were serious about the n-word on his gun. :(
He was serious.
Spud

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

??? There is literally a photo of this. There is no investigation required, Transhuman is Transtrolling for whatever reason
fat

Polident Hive

Some excerpts from the alleged manifesto read like parody of that corner of online culture. But spending your formative years online, that’s just what it is.

Beezy

what the fuck

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Foster for the People need to pay for what they've done.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Weirdo shot his grandma, got into a shoot out with the police and then entered the school.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
I'm afraid that after 2 years of lockdown that pushed many troubled souls to a very dark place more of these kiddo's will snap.
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

I'm afraid that after 2 years of lockdown that pushed many troubled souls to a very dark place more of these kiddo's will snap.

Covid definitely retroactively influenced mass shootings.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

Covid definitely retroactively influenced mass shootings.
There's more of these things happening.
A few weeks ago we had a shooting at a farm for disabled people.
The guy that did it was denied treatment because of waiting lists and that was his way of getting 'attention'.
Overall police are recording and worried about more agressive behaviour among the teenagers and young adults.

The previous mass shooter in the US wasn't a cookie cutter white nationalist or tankie either.
It was a garbled mess of various reddit posts, 4chan memes, climate action and anti-semitism.
I believe he also had a post that stated something like: "maybe I shouldn't have wasted my time planning all this but there's no point in turning back now"

You only need to look at his Instagram pictures to see this guy was clearly troubled.
How fucked up do you have to be to shoot not just your grandmother but also a bunch of kids.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
It's definitely the guns' fault and not the fault of a fucked up society that glorifies violence and provides fuck all mental health care. Definitely...
Spud

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Weirdo shot his grandma, got into a shoot out with the police and then entered the school.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

You stupid emo fuck if you want to go out with a bang kill some fucking bikers or something not children you coward
:O

Boredfrom

It's definitely the guns' fault and not the fault of a fucked up society that glorifies violence and provides fuck all mental health care. Definitely...

Why not both?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
There's more of these things happening.
There's not. Happy to help.

Potato

• Senior's Member

Why not both?
I mean, in the case of the US, sure. The types of guns and the ease of access is part of the problem. However, when you have a culture which says that a valid reason to own a gun is to defend yourself against someone else who owns a gun, then I think your cultural problem is much worse.
Spud

chronovore

• relapsed dev
I need to stop doomscrolling.

America just feels so fucked right now. We should’ve acted after Sandy Hook. We won’t do anything now. The percentage of Americans who favor stricter gun control has fallen from 60% to 53% in the last two years. I recall when it was over 80%, but it was some time ago, and I have no link nor frame of reference for the figure.

We should figure out how to prevent this.

One tweet observed, “we are sending our children to school during a pandemic so they can practice active shooter drills in their classrooms.”

Madness.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Maybe this will be the wake-up call that finally gets America to ban Instagram

Bebpo

I need to stop doomscrolling.

America just feels so fucked right now. We should’ve acted after Sandy Hook. We won’t do anything now. The percentage of Americans who favor stricter gun control has fallen from 60% to 53% in the last two years. I recall when it was over 80%, but it was some time ago, and I have no link nor frame of reference for the figure.

We should figure out how to prevent this.

One tweet observed, “we are sending our children to school during a pandemic so they can practice active shooter drills in their classrooms.”

Madness.

America's been over for a while. It sucks but everything is falling apart at more and more rapid speed.

I think at some point Canada will face immigration issues from too many Americans wanting to flee the country.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
School shootings suck but it's not exactly destroying the fabric of the nation. America will keep being the same sloppy mess it always was.

Potato

• Senior's Member
If assassinating multiple presidents doesn't destroy the fabric of the society, then a few dead kids isn't going to worry anyone.
Spud

benjipwns

The percentage of Americans who favor stricter gun control has fallen from 60% to 53% in the last two years. I recall when it was over 80%, but it was some time ago, and I have no link nor frame of reference for the figure.
Polling about anything vague and nebulous isn't very useful. Once you start getting specific on almost any issue polling will collapse. And then to achieve that now specific legislation you have to move it past interested constituencies instead of people who don't actually care about the issue.

benjipwns

I thought of an adequate example: background checks. If you ask someone "do you support background checks?" it allows them to not only imagine what system they might favor but also relies on their knowledge of the current system. Some people support the current national background check system. Other people want your record to disappear when your sentence is up. Other people want drug crimes included. Other people want a system where no one will ever be approved to own a gun. Other people want private medical records included so that anyone who has ever had a mental health diagnosis can be stripped of rights.

It doesn't really matter here what you personally support, by not specifying the details, it results in a suspiciously high polling number. I would imagine a large number of respondents are simply assuming it means an "expert" or a computer looks at some kind of "background record" and determines if it's a future bad guy or not. Then the media and politicians run around pointing to the polling result while demanding "something must be done and this is something" and profiting from it until it's time to actually sit down and decide what the system should actually look like and whether or not what they're personally imagining while touting the obvious consensus for their own personal views would be an egregious violation of the law or even possible to achieve.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Police prevented another such event from happening.
Dude with an AK-47.

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1529581917216993280
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Still doesn't quite make up for the fact that the TX asshole was encountered by police but they failed to prevent him from going into the school. If the-police-with-guns can't stop a bad guy, the good-guy-with-gun theory kinda falls to shit.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Still doesn't quite make up for the fact that the TX asshole was encountered by police but they failed to prevent him from going into the school. If the-police-with-guns can't stop a bad guy, the good-guy-with-gun theory kinda falls to shit.

wasn't he shot by a policeman inside the school while he was trying to hide behind a barricade?

shootings always end when they end, we don't know how many more would have died if not for the good guy with a gun who finally put him down
Uncle

benjipwns

Dude with an AK-47.
I love how this guy hosts a podcast called "No Lie" but constantly tweets misinformation. (And Nintex and all the replies just repeat it and don't even read his tweet that contains the actual police press release.)

There was no AK-47, it was a pistol and the "replica" was basically a pellet gun. They were locked in the car. They arrested him anyway. Cue thousands upon thousands of tweets about a copycat as if that's still a valid theory that hasn't been debunked a million times over. Along with unhinged rants about what they want to do to him and his parents.

OUTRAGE FOR THE OUTRAGE GOD

chronovore

• relapsed dev
I thought of an adequate example: background checks. If you ask someone "do you support background checks?" it allows them to not only imagine what system they might favor but also relies on their knowledge of the current system. Some people support the current national background check system. Other people want your record to disappear when your sentence is up. Other people want drug crimes included. Other people want a system where no one will ever be approved to own a gun. Other people want private medical records included so that anyone who has ever had a mental health diagnosis can be stripped of rights.

It doesn't really matter here what you personally support, by not specifying the details, it results in a suspiciously high polling number. I would imagine a large number of respondents are simply assuming it means an "expert" or a computer looks at some kind of "background record" and determines if it's a future bad guy or not. Then the media and politicians run around pointing to the polling result while demanding "something must be done and this is something" and profiting from it until it's time to actually sit down and decide what the system should actually look like and whether or not what they're personally imagining while touting the obvious consensus for their own personal views would be an egregious violation of the law or even possible to achieve.

Ah, I think you're onto it, there.
Not exactly a new site, but: "Murphy asked the questions so many of us want to scream at Congress after each mass shooting. The majority of Americans support commonsense gun legislation. Certain gun laws, such as universal background checks, have the support of 83% of Americans."
(Upworthy)

benjipwns

That's a good specific example, universal background checks already exist, unlicensed dealers don't have to do it because they're unlicensed. The bill the House passed that people are pointing to as a solution to everything requires that unlicensed dealers give a gun to a licensed dealer who then does a background check before the unlicensed dealer can turn it over. This is a strange response to the recent two shootings because not only wouldn't it apply, they bought them at gun stores, but both would have passed background checks anyway (which is how they got the guns obviously) as they didn't have any problems in their background. The other major proposal is to add mental illness to the background checks, which would be a massive expansion into private medical records to cut people off from rights they'd have without a documented mental illness. Courts have come down hard on these things already on issues outside of guns. If you have mental illness to where you have your capacity taken from you, you can't buy a gun already. As an example, Laura Loomer (perennial GOP candidate of handcuffing herself to Twitter HQ fame) recently tried to claim she was being denied a gun license due to her conservative political views but the document she posted revealed that she had actually been denied because she had a court order against her finding her not competent due to mental illness.

I am not saying that these measures may not be good to pursue, nor am I saying that the recent shooters shouldn't have possibly received mental health care or other interventions, just pointing out (as I am wont to do to everyone's annoyance) that the narratives don't make any sense.

I will admit that I do think there's some kind of comforting response people are doing where they pretend you just pass this magic super supported legislation (the details aren't important) that will file off these extreme outlier events that exist outside of the "normal" American culture of violence that most people treat as background noise despite the significantly higher risk profiles compared to the more dramatic events without having to dwell in the complexities of needing to address violence in general and hundreds of millions of existing guns that don't have acceptable easy answers yet people want solved to their satisfaction perfectly immediately. Assume for the sake of argument that this House bill would completely eliminate mass shootings of the Buffalo and Texas varieties, it wouldn't make a dent in gun deaths or violence in general yet the way the issue is presented and treated is so dramatically far from that reality. I find it interesting from a political science perspective, I'm not begrudging anyone just emoting in response to tragedies and crimes even if I find some of it on Twitter to be quite amusing.

For example, I was just looking at some tweets from "prominent" tweeters screaming about how Chuck Schumer is a fascist murderer of children because he recognizes that he doesn't even have 50 votes in the Senate to repeal the 2nd Amendment and order all guns to destroy themselves. Most of the people seemed to be angriest about the fact that he's not bringing such a bill to the floor of the Senate so it can fail to pass and potentially harm his own Senators. Plus that he suggested such an action wouldn't be worth anyone's time and that they should try to build support for what they could possibly get passed and hope the midterms might give them more seats. Schumer's crime seems to be that he acknowledged reality rather than "fight" (lots of usage of this term) as if this would somehow demonstrably alter reality itself towards what the tweeters want. A romantic symbolism seems so essential to where it overwhelms everything concrete.

Politics is a strange beast. Quite frankly anyone interested in it is some kind of disgusting sex criminal.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
#BackTheBlue
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
If parents (especially Texan parents) stormed in to the school with guns blazing, I imagine the friendly fire casualty list would have been much worse than what the shooter did.
Spud

Boredfrom

If parents (especially Texan parents) stormed in to the school with guns blazing, I imagine the friendly fire casualty list would have been much worse than what the shooter did.

While this storming the school is a bad idea, maybe you should consider that they were not thinking straight given that their children were getting killed and the police appear (to them) not doing anything.

Also, I dunno, they are probably not going to shoot the children like the shooter, dude. Calm you conservative side for once, Jesus.

Potato

• Senior's Member

While this storming the school is a bad idea, maybe you should consider that they were not thinking straight given that their children were getting killed and the police appear (to them) not doing anything.

Also, I dunno, they are probably not going to shoot the children like the shooter, dude. Calm you conservative side for once, Jesus.
Of course they weren't thinking straight, which is exactly why the police needed to prevent them from going in to the school.

The last thing anyone needed was more guns in there.

Not sure what calming my "conservative side" would do here, but it's certainly not US conservatives who are arguing that armed parents shouldn't be entering the school to have a gunfight with a teenager while kids are hiding in classrooms.

Untrained people having gunfights WILL result in innocent bystanders getting shot.
Spud

Boredfrom

Of course they weren't thinking straight, which is exactly why the police needed to prevent them from going in to the school.

Not sure what calming my "conservative side" would do here, but it's certainly not US conservatives who are arguing that armed parents shouldn't be entering the school to have a gunfight with a teenager while kids are hiding in classrooms.

Untrained people having gunfights WILL result in innocent bystanders getting shot.

Is just tasteless to essentially they were going to kill more children than the child murderer.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Potato

• Senior's Member

Is just tasteless to essentially they were going to kill more children than the child murderer.
It's not tasteless, it's the truth. Sending armed, untrained, highly emotional people into that sort of high stress situation is going to end in disaster. If you don't think that, you're being naive at best.
Spud

Boredfrom

It's not tasteless, it's the truth. Sending armed, untrained, highly emotional people into that sort of high stress situation is going to end in disaster. If you don't think that, you're being naive at best.

::)

I didn’t say you were wrong, I also said it was bad idea.

I’m just criticizing that tone you have of “those dumb Texans  where going to kill more than the guy that killed 19 of their children”.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Dude with an AK-47.

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1529581917216993280

Or maybe the kid just wanted a weapon nearby to feel safe in case some loser kid went berserk like what just happened? The kid broke the law but I havn't read any indication he was intending to do anything violent.

Cauliflower Of Love

Silver lining, they had their tasers out to control the crowd and not their guns.