General > Video Game Bored

Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2

(1/964) > >>

Mods Help:
Guilty Gear XRD coming to Steam.

Garou coming to Steam.

Uniel coming to Steam.

Melty Blood coming to Steam.

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extend coming to Steam.

Possibly Last Blade 2 coming to Steam.

All we need now are Capcom Vs SNK 2, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, and Street Fighter Alpha 2 and 3 on Steam.

Right now is a great time to get into fighting games. When I mean get into fighting games I don't mean just playing them, but playing them seriously and digging into the layers that make them so amazing. There's lots of resources, and the games are easily accessible these days, especially if you got a ps4 or PC.

Need an entry level stick?

Go with a TE2 or Hori RAP.
spoiler (click to show/hide)[close]
Need a fightpad? Go with a Hori FC4. Jury is out on the new Mad Katz fightpad but the shape of it is made so that it can be played piano style so it shows promise.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
FIGHTAN GAMES.

Mods Help:
https://mrkingfunk.wordpress.com/2015/12/04/player-perspective/

How to improve your perception of different situations. According to that I'm high level. :lol

bork:
Is this the fighting game thread or another Steam thread?   :P

SHIT TO BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR - DECEMBER 2015-

Guilty Gear Xrd (PC) - 12/8 Xrd finally comes to Steam!  Should you buy this?  If you have a PS3 or PS4, no.  The next version of Xrd, Revelator, will be released on home consoles in a few months.

Nitroplus Blasterz (PS3, PS4) - 12/10 Nitroplus Blasterz, despite the weird name, is a 2D sprite-based fighting game, originally-released in Japanese arcades earlier this year.  This is a crossover fighting game featuring various characters from Nitroplus games.  The home version features more playable characters, like Super Sonico, and there are also several guest characters, including Saber from Fate/Stay Night and Homura from Senran Kagura!

Should you buy this? If you like 'anime fighters', yes.  This game comes from Arcana Heart developer EXAMU, who knows how to make a solid fighting game engine underneath the cutesy 'animu' exterior.  Note that the game is scheduled for a localized U.S. release next month!

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition (PS3, PS4, Vita) - 12/17 Updated version of the crossover fighting game developed by Sega.  This is also a sprite-based 2D fighter, featuring mostly characters from the Dengeki Bunko light novels and their anime adaptions (so Shakugan No Shana, Sword Art Online, Toradara, OreImo, Durarara!, and more.)  Also features Akira from Virtua Fighter (yes, Akira in 2D!  And he kicks all kinds of ass!) and Selvaria from Valkyria Chronicles.  All of the characters fight in various Sega game-themed stages.  The update adds in more playable characters and more support characters.

Should you buy this?  Same as the above.  This is very much an 'anime fighter', however it is also very easy to pick up and play in comparison to most other fighting games, with easy combos and special moves.  Almost everyone's specials are done in the same way, similar to the recent Capcom Vs. games.  Note that Sega only recently released the original Dengenki Bunko game in the States, almost a year after the Japanese version, so this is worth importing as we don't know if this will even be localized.

Mods Help:
That chick uses cats to fight. Amaze.

That video is the craziest fucking thing.

Anyways, anime fighters are weird. I tried out BB's story mode, and it's a fucking VN, and the story is wtf, and there's a mode where a guy changes into a girl because of a book and lives in an all girls school. Just weird and anime as fuck in a "I have no idea if this is good or bad" way, but leaning on bad.

I definitely prefer stoic fighters.

I wouldn't take it as a Steam thread. It's just that those games highly interest me.

thisismyusername:

--- Quote from: Mods Help on December 08, 2015, 09:17:12 AM ---Hori RAP.
--- End quote ---

I've owned one of these for 4 months and I've literally only used it for like an hour max. The stick feels wayyy too short to fit my hands and I'm not comfortable opening it up to put a huge stick in. :lol That and the little time I've used it, I can't throw out hadokens like I can on a DS3 D-pad. :doge

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version