Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 429040 times)

Robo

Re: Fighting Games Thread
« Reply #1560 on: October 23, 2017, 10:29:44 AM »
Share your SFV fighter IDs so I can watch your replays on CFN.  :)

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:10:59 AM by Robo »
obo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1561 on: October 23, 2017, 12:39:54 PM »
Share your SFV fighter IDs so I can watch your replays on CFN.  :)

I never use that feature...does it automatically upload them?

I have two CFNs: lyteedge and funkyaction.
ど助平

Robo

« Reply #1562 on: October 23, 2017, 12:58:27 PM »
Yeah, it automatically uploads all of your matches.  Since you can search and view your own matches too, it’s a good tool to analyze your performance from an outsider perspective and note mistakes to work on correcting as you see them.
obo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1563 on: October 24, 2017, 11:44:27 AM »
Injustice 2 is coming to PC this fall.

Open-beta tomorrow!
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1564 on: October 24, 2017, 11:55:28 AM »
Oh shit, that's sick! I hope it runs better than MKX did, will definitely be trying this out

Himu

« Reply #1565 on: October 24, 2017, 12:03:21 PM »
Robo is SFV your main game?
IYKYK

Robo

« Reply #1566 on: October 24, 2017, 02:31:33 PM »
It is now, but I also play 3S and dabble with ST.  I’ve retired from SF4 (fuck that game).  I’m pretty mediocre at SFV, though.
obo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1567 on: October 24, 2017, 10:52:48 PM »
Fighting against Zeku...that theme music
:lawd
ど助平

Himu

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1569 on: October 26, 2017, 05:13:34 PM »
So I've been playing Blazblue and just had to appreciate this moment. I'm trying to get into anime games while playing I really like that there's a new layer to the mind games not possible in a regular stoic fighter (SF, KOF). Like I knew last night an opponent would jump in and thought it'd be a good time to dp for my read. Oh, he jumped, but he ended up doing a double jump at the end of it, forcing me to whiff my dp and he punished accordingly. I read him and he downloaded my read. I think I fell in love with anime fighters that moment. Works for me better than 3S does even though it has a similar feel with the parry system and all.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1570 on: October 27, 2017, 10:02:20 AM »

Goddamn, Hellboy looks awesome! This plus a PC version (please be good) has me ready for more Injustice

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #1571 on: October 27, 2017, 10:10:55 AM »
i feel pretty confident the pc port is gonna be nice. I saw someone say on twitter it's being done by the ppl who fixed MKXL, and I think both games are made with similar under-the-hood stuff so since whatever the issues that needed fixing with MKXL are known, they shouldn't be an issue this time? I mean, idk how computers pute but it seems sensible to me.

Himu

« Reply #1572 on: October 27, 2017, 06:21:58 PM »

:sabu :sabu :sabu :sabu :sabu
IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1573 on: October 27, 2017, 06:26:22 PM »
So I've been playing Blazblue and just had to appreciate this moment. I'm trying to get into anime games while playing I really like that there's a new layer to the mind games not possible in a regular stoic fighter (SF, KOF). Like I knew last night an opponent would jump in and thought it'd be a good time to dp for my read. Oh, he jumped, but he ended up doing a double jump at the end of it, forcing me to whiff my dp and he punished accordingly. I read him and he downloaded my read. I think I fell in love with anime fighters that moment. Works for me better than 3S does even though it has a similar feel with the parry system and all.

If it makes you feel any better blazblue was the first real super anime fighter i fell in love with (even more so than GG) and to date probably the first fighting game I felt like I could hold my own against ppl in a real competitive way. Had a ton of fun.

Himu

« Reply #1574 on: October 27, 2017, 06:46:18 PM »

:sabu :sabu :sabu :sabu
IYKYK

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #1575 on: October 27, 2017, 06:47:14 PM »
AceKingOffsuit's tweet showing the stream schedule for Canada Cup. smash.gg brackets  (USF4 and ST are looking promising imo)

Expand for bigger pictures of the schedule:
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

Himu

« Reply #1576 on: October 27, 2017, 06:49:18 PM »

If it makes you feel any better blazblue was the first real super anime fighter i fell in love with (even more so than GG) and to date probably the first fighting game I felt like I could hold my own against ppl in a real competitive way. Had a ton of fun.

I'm all about GG as it was my main fighter 2003-2005 besides MvC2. I have a much bigger emotional connection to GG but I like BB a lot too.
IYKYK

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #1577 on: October 27, 2017, 07:26:14 PM »

Himu

« Reply #1578 on: October 27, 2017, 07:30:03 PM »
I think the Chun on right now is my ST teacher.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1579 on: October 27, 2017, 07:36:10 PM »
No there he goes. Root for Unessential please.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1580 on: October 27, 2017, 07:37:31 PM »
nooooooooooo :biblethump
IYKYK

Baiano19

« Reply #1581 on: October 27, 2017, 07:40:53 PM »
homo-genius in 2017? this is as old as that daigo video

still funny thouh

Himu

« Reply #1582 on: October 27, 2017, 07:47:07 PM »
Silentscope is cool af and we had lots of good games at SCR.
IYKYK

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #1583 on: October 27, 2017, 11:21:09 PM »
https://twitter.com/GeoffTheHero/status/924025822674956288

the worst poster in tekken gaf made the migration to reset era it seems  :doge

Himu

« Reply #1584 on: October 31, 2017, 03:26:58 AM »
Really late here but GGRev 2 is amazing. Did the tutorial and some mission mode and it's the best fg tutorial I've ever played. It actually teaches game concepts in an organic manner. And the missions make it easier to transition to anime play style. I am so much more knowledgeable about fighting games and how to play them like a 100 times compared to when I got the original game on PS4. One thing that's helped relating to that is that I now know what type of fg characters I love playing. Thanks to a friend I settled on Faust and I've been having more fun tonight with him than all my time spent with SFV put together. Going through Novril's GG Crash Course via GG and BB so I'm learning anime games for real real now.

Super Turbo, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, and Tekken strike a great medium. I don't want to compete in BB or Tekken. But the plan is to get competent with them. These are all hard titles that demand a specific return and active learning from the player. I just enjoy GG so much compared to SFV. It really helps that X2 was my main fighter next to MVC2 back in the day so I feel right at home.

Sick of making excuses for flawed games and hoping they'll get better in an update when I can just play a harder and more rewarding title instead.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1585 on: October 31, 2017, 10:16:40 PM »
I'm still on SFV.  At the end of the day...it's what I enjoy playing the most.
:idont

But am always up for GG or BB or anything else.  :)
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1586 on: November 01, 2017, 01:41:57 AM »
Character picks:

ST - Chun (main), Ryu, and Guile
GG - Faust (main), and Millia
BB - Platinum (main), and Tsubaki
Tekken 7 - Nina
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:47:33 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1587 on: November 01, 2017, 02:17:36 AM »

Gotta say that GGXrd and Tekken 7 are the most next gen fighters by a mile. I remember being impressed af by Xrd when I first played it and it's just mind blowingly amazingly impressive technically and probably the best looking fighter ever.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1588 on: November 01, 2017, 03:42:26 AM »
Xrd's my favorite fighting game since VF5. Just wish I knew more people who played it. The visuals, the music, the gameplay, the single player modes, all are so good. The story is even fun in its own anime lore.

Also wish it didn't sell like utter shit so Arc could keep it alive.

Himu

« Reply #1589 on: November 01, 2017, 09:14:14 AM »
GG is fine. Arc will make so much from DBFZ that they'll be able to pay for 10 GG's hopefully.

If you want to play people join discord. The anime fg community more than any fg community gravitates to discord. No point in playing ranked when it forces you to play people world wide with a spotty connection so people tend to stick to lobbies and player matches. Just hit up discord and be like,"yo I want matches" and someone will be absolutely glad to beat your ass. You're also in SoCal which has the best fg scene in America. They have weeklies for GG. I'll have to see about finding you a local FG meet up. Being in SoCal, there's no substitute to that top of the line competition.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1590 on: November 01, 2017, 12:25:29 PM »
I didn't play Rev 1 but Rev 2 feels like the complete fg package in terms of features, tutorials;etc.

The tutorial is GOAT, the mission mode is God send.

Arc is just above and beyond the rest of the genre right now.

I had my doubts when people said Rev's tutorial was as good as they said it was but wow, they were right. I've said before that the best way to teach fighting games to people via the actual game is making a single player platformer style thing. And here GG goes and does it. If they made a full length (5 hours) mode out of this, I'd play the shit out of it because it's so fucking fun.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1591 on: November 01, 2017, 03:43:26 PM »
There's always Guilty Gear 2 for Xbox if you want a full length version ;)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1592 on: November 01, 2017, 05:08:02 PM »
There's always Guilty Gear 2 for Xbox if you want a full length version ;)

And Steam.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1593 on: November 01, 2017, 05:12:46 PM »
Oh wow, I didn't know that was ported. That's going on the wishlist for sure

Himu

« Reply #1594 on: November 01, 2017, 05:13:20 PM »
:lol I meant inside an X game. :lol Like a side scroller thing kinda like that Sub Zero MK game but good. :lol
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1595 on: November 02, 2017, 07:34:22 AM »
Pretty cool reshade filter...gives it a manga or "Take On Me video" appearance.  But isn't practical since you can't see projectiles!  :lol

ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1596 on: November 02, 2017, 10:09:32 AM »
No sir, I don't like it.

In other news, Arc is doing just fine Bebs.

https://gematsu.com/2017/11/arc-system-works-establishes-north-american-branch
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1597 on: November 02, 2017, 01:18:44 PM »
Seems to me Guilty Gear is doing just fine as they've already released three iterations of Xrd.
:idont
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1598 on: November 02, 2017, 05:09:04 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1599 on: November 02, 2017, 05:18:37 PM »
goddamn that is one attractive game

Beezy

« Reply #1600 on: November 02, 2017, 08:13:42 PM »
DBFZ is getting a beta, right? Can I pre-order the digital version and still get in on the beta?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1601 on: November 02, 2017, 11:54:34 PM »
The closed beta already happened but I believe the next one is open to all

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1602 on: November 03, 2017, 08:20:23 AM »
An Arc Sys fighter that might actually be popular!?  Never thought I'd see the day!  :o :doge

I hope this stomps all over Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite and becomes the flagship 'anime' fighter.  But boos to them for already announcing a season pass with eight more characters pre-launch.  They're either holding them back on purpose or the game is releasing unfinished (I suspect it's the former)...shit like this needs to stop.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1603 on: November 03, 2017, 09:51:11 AM »
It'll be the new anime fighter until Arc releases BB Cross. Why they need two tag games releasing in one year is beyond me but they're gonna do it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1604 on: November 03, 2017, 09:54:21 AM »
I don't expect the BB-Mugen hackjob tag fighter to be anywhere near as popular.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1605 on: November 03, 2017, 09:59:02 AM »
Neither do I but the masses that play anime games competitively (at least in the Southwest) seem to just automatically move on to the newest title whenever it drops. I never understood it personally but I've seen it happen so often that I just expect it. Maybe if DBZ attracts a ton of non-anime players that won't happen though.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1606 on: November 03, 2017, 10:35:49 AM »
DBZ is possibly the first game out there that has the potential to reach Marvel-levels of popularity.  Whether or not this happens is another story.  I suspect that a lot of the "FGC PRO" people will still cling to Capcom stuff no matter what.

I also wish that Capcom would get off the Marvel train and try some other crossover games.  Tatsunoko was the wrong choice -nobody knew what that was- but it was still a welcome change and I'd like to see more like that.

Forget DC Comics...do a crossover game with Jump characters.  So DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, Jojo's...all that stuff.  Would be huge.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 10:45:30 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1607 on: November 03, 2017, 10:48:11 AM »
If DBZ has a chance, it's now. I don't know if I've ever seen a "big" fighter get a bad reception on the level MVCI did. Sales, word of mouth, and tournament entries are abysmal for it. So there is definitely a big space open right now.

Himu

« Reply #1608 on: November 03, 2017, 10:54:15 AM »
DBFZ is going to murder marvel. There are some DBZ fans we can get to come to locals. Prime opportunity. It spells out a good sign for the FGC. The future is anime it seems all thanks to Capcom.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1609 on: November 03, 2017, 10:55:41 AM »
Tekken isn't anime

Tasty

« Reply #1610 on: November 03, 2017, 11:59:43 PM »
I'm excited as fuck for DBFZ and it will probably be the first time I put effort into learning a traditional 2D fighter.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1611 on: November 04, 2017, 12:03:39 AM »
I'm excited as fuck for DBFZ and it will probably be the first time I put effort into learning a traditional 2D fighter.

Play that copy of USF2 you got so you can get the fundamentals down!
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #1612 on: November 04, 2017, 12:16:34 PM »
Breh I've barely played Mario. Priorities. :goty2

Tasty

« Reply #1613 on: November 04, 2017, 12:23:42 PM »
Also I lied, I did try to learn Tatsunoko vs. Capcom back in the day and was even able to pull off most of Zero's moveset and combos. The online was crap though so I never got to try those skills out, and the muscle memory has long since faded. :P

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1614 on: November 04, 2017, 09:36:31 PM »

"i was gonna do sparking blast into some crazy horse shit and then all of a sudden i got hit"  :lol

thisismyusername

« Reply #1615 on: November 04, 2017, 10:06:53 PM »
Honestly, all I want from DBFZ is it being successful enough for Arc to finish porting all the characters from GGXX into Xrd.

Tasty

« Reply #1616 on: November 05, 2017, 01:12:41 AM »
Honestly, all I want from DBFZ is it being successful enough for Arc to finish porting all the characters from GGXX into Xrd.

Fuck Guilty Gear and BlazBlue.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1617 on: November 05, 2017, 08:34:43 AM »
 :badass

thisismyusername

« Reply #1618 on: November 05, 2017, 05:29:08 PM »

Fuck Guilty Gear

:bolo

and Blazblue

We can agree on that one.

Tasty

« Reply #1619 on: November 05, 2017, 07:28:02 PM »
Aren't they the same thing? :P