Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 428853 times)

Himu

Re: Fighting Games Thread
« Reply #1980 on: January 18, 2018, 10:18:43 AM »
Why does she have yoga drills :beli
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1981 on: January 18, 2018, 10:40:09 AM »
Why does she have yoga drills :beli

Nod to Anakaris from Darkstalkers maybe?  Dunno. 

I think Menat and Abigail are the best new cast additions so far.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1982 on: January 18, 2018, 10:44:51 PM »
won my first sakura ranked match

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1983 on: January 19, 2018, 12:02:29 PM »
Rising Thunder's out: You'll need to join this Discord for the latest build apparently. :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1984 on: January 19, 2018, 02:34:35 PM »
Rising Thunder's out: You'll need to join this Discord for the latest build apparently. :doge

Or just get it here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jVqr9gKyfIbPCm93iYWMCikhBfZe1OPp/view

But you do need to join the Discord to find out what servers are online and all that. 

Dunno if I really care.
:idont
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #1985 on: January 19, 2018, 03:31:52 PM »
The drive is hammered, the discord had a megaupload or whatever. Why Riot doesn't just host the base client and then let the community host it somewhere else... :yeshrug

Himu

« Reply #1986 on: January 19, 2018, 03:36:22 PM »
is this free and I thought rising thunder was already out lmao
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1987 on: January 19, 2018, 03:49:22 PM »
It is free and Rising Thunder never released. An alpha or beta was put out and then the studio was bought by Riot and RT disappeared until now.

Himu

« Reply #1988 on: January 20, 2018, 07:58:19 AM »
Hmm. After some time playing lots of fighting games this week. I now know what I want to do.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo/2X - Learn and compete. My main game. My favorite fighting game. Tourney in March in Dallas, and Japanese legends are coming. Main game to compete.
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 - Main game 2 or maybe B. IDK. My favorite modern fighter. I'm still getting it down and learning the game. Will compete in this for the first time at my major.
Street Fighter V Arcade Edition - It's ok but not my thing. The constant fall teching, whether quick rise or back tech makes for a really odd sense of pace. The lack of hard knockdowns makes it lack cohesive and deep set play and characters are really limited. I don't plan on ever competing in this because I don't find it that fun, but it's fun enough to want to learn the basics so you can play with friends. This is a total learn side game for me and Arcade Edition doesn't change that. I don't really like this game.
Tekken 7 - I'll compete in it every now and then but it's a side game for me and I'm mostly focused on being competent at best. I don't want to get good at this. Being "okay" is perfectly fine and that's the goal.
Dragon Ball Fighter Z - A wild card. It shows promise as a game to fuck with because it's Arc and Arc is love. Worth learning for sure, and might be worth competing in at EVO due to the sheer projected number of competitors people are hoping for.

For Guilty Gear I'm still getting my bearings right. I've switched to Dizzy because I find her so cool and her game plan is my style these days, which is set play, zoning. Her mobility really adds to what she's able to do. She has so many specials! Really fun character.

Funny how I like the hardest, most cut throat games the most. :-\
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:03:14 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1989 on: January 20, 2018, 08:08:22 AM »
Nacho, I can firmly remember the moment I realized I wasn't going to invest time in SFV this week. I had a set with Vulva and I super'd him. He did a quick rise after. I said out loud,"this game is wack. Fuck this game" after that. :yeshrug Its rules are mystifying.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1990 on: January 20, 2018, 02:42:56 PM »
Yeah playing at weeklies threw me for a loop. Lots I still don't get on this game. Some of the playstyle feels so weird to me after SF4, plus the cast in general still throws me for a loop

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1991 on: January 20, 2018, 08:46:35 PM »

:gladbron
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1992 on: January 20, 2018, 09:40:37 PM »
Yeah playing at weeklies threw me for a loop. Lots I still don't get on this game. Some of the playstyle feels so weird to me after SF4, plus the cast in general still throws me for a loop

I've been trying to find a list of rules of the game. Like knock downs and how meaties work and stuff and haven't found anything.

I played Xrd most of this afternoon and tonight. Dizzy is a great pick for me I think and she's so cute! I haven't fought anyone yet but just having a blast getting her bnbs to muscle memory and messing with her setups and zoning. Frosty Faustings X top 8 for XrdR2 in a few hours. Rooting for a friend name Bears. Please root for him. *bow*
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:51:34 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1993 on: January 21, 2018, 02:38:42 AM »
Beat the first two Extra Battles challenges.  Didn't even realize that the Rashid fight that counts towards the Viewtiful Joe costume unlock was separate from the Shin Akuma battle.   :lol 

The Rashid fight is ridiculously easy but you have to pay 2500 FM to do it.  Shin Akuma was a bitch.  I really had to force myself to NOT do anything more than normals on him to win.  At first I tried using Menat and was just reflecting all his fireballs.  Did really well but he'd always beat me in the end.  Switched to Ryu and just did jumping HP, standing HP and won on PS4.

Then on Steam I repeated the process but he still kicked my ass a few times.  Switched to Cammy and tried it.  Got him in the corner and noticed that if I backdashed after hitting him, he'd immediately throw out another fireball that I could just jump over and then get a normal or two normals in.  Made sure to not do anything else and this resulted in a loop that got me a perfect.  Shit felt good.  :pimp  Am scared to think of what other insane CPU battles might be coming next.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1994 on: January 21, 2018, 11:44:44 AM »
My Sunday:

Watched Tekken 7 top 8 last night but went to sleep during Rev 2 grand final because it was on so damn late.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:52:42 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1995 on: January 22, 2018, 06:31:18 PM »

Himu

« Reply #1996 on: January 24, 2018, 07:20:00 PM »
kill them zeno-sama
IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1997 on: January 24, 2018, 07:57:54 PM »

Himu

« Reply #1998 on: January 25, 2018, 10:43:58 AM »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1999 on: January 25, 2018, 10:45:21 AM »
I played GG a sizable amount of time last night. I love that game so much.

Now I have to grind so I can compete without entirely embarrassing myself.

Training regimen:

30 minutes of Super Turbo a day training execution, combos, and spacing.
2 or so hours of Guilty Gear a a night, being active with my training to make the ride to intermediate as fast as possible.

Helps that I'm friends with lots of great players in both games. ST, one of my rivals ThatArchVillain made it to 2nd place at Frosty in ST. I've posted some of our fights here. Bears, who won first place in GG is personally on a Something Awful fighting game discord I frequent and he's been helpful in giving me tips to be competitive in GG.

I found a guy who has an ST cab in Houston. He plays an incredibly high level Ryu. He has decided to teach me. The rest of the city is not interested in ST at locals because people are too damn in love with that fucking game Third Strike so we've given up on that so now we're just planning sessions at his place on his cab. I really think he'll help me get to the next level.

I now realize that for me to want to learn a fighting game it's gotta that "spark" for me. It's partially why I'm not interested in learning SFV too much.

ST tourney in March. GG and ST in May.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 11:13:30 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

thisismyusername

« Reply #2000 on: January 25, 2018, 11:36:06 AM »
Oh hell yeah. Kilik is back? Steam purchase, get.

Bebpo

« Reply #2001 on: January 25, 2018, 01:10:02 PM »

I approve of Raiden Cyborg Ninja in Soul Calibur.

Himu

« Reply #2002 on: January 25, 2018, 01:11:03 PM »
I don't like him. Doesn't fit SC imo.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #2003 on: January 25, 2018, 01:13:46 PM »
I don't like him. Doesn't fit SC imo.

Doesn't SC have all kinds of weird ass shit in it at this point? Who cares.

I played GG a sizable amount of time last night. I love that game so much.

Yeah, GG is super good. Arc Sys is the only fighting game company I keep buying day 1 even though I don't play fighters as much these days. Gotta support really good mid-sized developers who make consistent quality games like them. I really like how much content, especially single player modes and story stuff there is their games. Helps for people like me who don't play MP much. But then the MP side is excellent too.

I'm hoping DBZF being a huge hit means Arc Sys got a large check from Bamco, or at least will have negotiating power for a large check for DBZF2 which should help fund future GG titles.

Himu

« Reply #2004 on: January 25, 2018, 01:24:20 PM »
IDK. Maybe I'm dealing with cognitive dissonance. I recognize SC has weird characters in it. But I'm so used to characters like Nightmare or Voldo because I grew up with them. But that new guy he seems so modern in terms of design. So I'm seeing these characters I've seen since I was kid next to this modern anime looking goofy character and it just feels wrong. I can't explain it. He just doesn't really fit the aesthetic and feels like he belongs in another game series to me. Nightmare for instance, is a dude corrupted by fantasy weapon. This guy looks uhhh futuristic in some way. It just doesn't jive with me. To me it's like seeing a cyborg ninja in Berserk. :idont
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2005 on: January 25, 2018, 03:00:32 PM »
I thought that really WAS Raiden for a second.  :lol

KOF XIV is getting not one, but FOUR more characters!

Oswald is back from XI:

One of them is the Middle-Eastern woman from the character design contest they had there.  I hope one of the other two is Blue Mary.  And give me Duck King pls.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 03:06:33 PM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2006 on: January 25, 2018, 03:01:15 PM »
Oh yeah, time to uninstall MvC:I from my PC.  Will keep it on PS4 for now, but buh-bye Marvel.  Hello DBZ. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2007 on: January 25, 2018, 03:04:21 PM »
IDK. Maybe I'm dealing with cognitive dissonance. I recognize SC has weird characters in it. But I'm so used to characters like Nightmare or Voldo because I grew up with them. But that new guy he seems so modern in terms of design. So I'm seeing these characters I've seen since I was kid next to this modern anime looking goofy character and it just feels wrong. I can't explain it. He just doesn't really fit the aesthetic and feels like he belongs in another game series to me. Nightmare for instance, is a dude corrupted by fantasy weapon. This guy looks uhhh futuristic in some way. It just doesn't jive with me. To me it's like seeing a cyborg ninja in Berserk. :idont

No more out of place than fighting DARTH VADER and YODA on a space station.

:idont
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2008 on: January 25, 2018, 04:00:53 PM »
I never liked that shit either. Heihachi and Link are better guest characters that actually fit the game.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2009 on: January 25, 2018, 08:22:18 PM »
https://twitter.com/acekingoffsuit/status/956537344806531072

EVO Japan schedule for this weekend. Twitch streams are in English, everything else in JP. SFV and KOF on in English right now.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2010 on: January 26, 2018, 10:40:00 AM »
PS4 DBZ Fighterz just arrived.
:phil
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2011 on: January 26, 2018, 10:46:44 AM »
https://twitter.com/mrfeelswildride/status/956374145465384965

:rofl

Also been playing a loooooooooooooot of SFV AE. I think I love this game now. Having a sizable roster and an arcade mode when I just want to unwind did wonders for replayability. I've even been enjoying survival mode and plan on doing ALL of it  :lol

Dbfz looks like the ultimate in dragon ball fan service :lol In a good way
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2012 on: January 26, 2018, 11:07:34 AM »
Uhh...WTF?

Does this game not have any kind of offline mode?  It appears that you are required to connect to a lobby before you can do anything.  WHY DID YOU DO THIS, NAMCO-BANDAI/ARC?  Can't wait until the server is down or lobbies are full and you can't even hit up practice mode.  :-\
ど助平

Aegis.exe

« Reply #2013 on: January 26, 2018, 12:18:54 PM »
Learning how to play SFV is frustrating still. AE is a much better game so far, but yeah the ranges and way they want you to play neutral are so against the games I normally play. I just want to focus on walking and hitting as few buttons as possible to catch mistakes or bad positioning. That is not how you play SFV from what I've seen. Even walking up after a whiff is kind of a nightmare, better to just throw out things and hope you land the button or special that converts into a snowball.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2014 on: January 26, 2018, 12:24:53 PM »
Uhh...WTF?

Does this game not have any kind of offline mode?  It appears that you are required to connect to a lobby before you can do anything.  WHY DID YOU DO THIS, NAMCO-BANDAI/ARC?  Can't wait until the server is down or lobbies are full and you can't even hit up practice mode.  :-\
there must be a way because the giant bomb dudes did a video while servers were down and they could still do offline stuff.

Himu

« Reply #2015 on: January 26, 2018, 02:46:15 PM »
Learning how to play SFV is frustrating still. AE is a much better game so far, but yeah the ranges and way they want you to play neutral are so against the games I normally play. I just want to focus on walking and hitting as few buttons as possible to catch mistakes or bad positioning. That is not how you play SFV from what I've seen. Even walking up after a whiff is kind of a nightmare, better to just throw out things and hope you land the button or special that converts into a snowball.

yeah i just don't get it and i've decided the game isn't worth the trouble. The lack of hard knockdown drives me insane because the games I like playing are all about set ups on the oki and I can't set anything. It's always either a guess between "they're going to back tech" and "they're going to quick rise" and it's fucking dumb.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2016 on: January 26, 2018, 03:01:56 PM »
Uhh...WTF?

there must be a way because the giant bomb dudes did a video while servers were down and they could still do offline stuff.

My friend tried it out on Steam and couldn't get into a lobby-- it put him into an offline lobby, so at least there's that.

So this brings up two points/concerns:

1. Does this mean there's no straight MAIN MENU?  WTF?  :lol
2. Arc set up lobbies like in their other games, I.E. Region > Area > Lobby #.  It seems like they didn't add enough of them.  This is gonna be way bigger than GG or BB.  I hope this speculation is wrong.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2017 on: January 26, 2018, 03:04:49 PM »
that giant bomb video brought up the same exact point...and it seems there is no main menu. arcsys pls :neogaf

Himu

« Reply #2018 on: January 26, 2018, 03:08:26 PM »
So the lobby is the main menu?!
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2019 on: January 26, 2018, 03:12:07 PM »
Yeah.  Absolutely fuckin' dumb decision.  You can bring up a quick menu to select modes, sure...but you have to get into a lobby to do that.  How do you fuck this up?  :lol
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2020 on: January 26, 2018, 03:12:50 PM »
So how do you get to versus mode lmao
IYKYK

Aegis.exe

« Reply #2021 on: January 26, 2018, 03:25:33 PM »
yeah i just don't get it and i've decided the game isn't worth the trouble. The lack of hard knockdown drives me insane because the games I like playing are all about set ups on the oki and I can't set anything. It's always either a guess between "they're going to back tech" and "they're going to quick rise" and it's fucking dumb.

I "get it" it's just going to take some getting used to. Basically moves have less active frames, and they also have lingering extended hurtboxes for less periods of time, despite having more total frames on a whiff in general.  Combine that with the fact longer range moves tend to be slower in this game while also being stubby, it messes with the "walk and whiff punish" style of play. Means it's generally better to either play aggressive positioning, or to go for the big hits more often. In S1/S2 this was the "lol cruch counter footsies" stuff basically. AE makes ranged moves, AAs, etc better, but the general idea of how to play ranges is kind of the same.

I don't mind it or the KD system really, it's just going to take a lot of getting used to. It's a lot more like the style of footsies from 3S, earlier GG, etc. Games I'm not very good at since I play ST, SF4, P4U, BB, etc. which are more about blowing up whiffs and playing a bit more defensively in neutral.

What I do mind is the types of tools that are there specifically to punish defensive neutral i.e. very fast forward moving things that are safe on block. It's a bit overkill IMO. I also still don't like how risk/reward sometimes gets borked because there's still lots of midscreen offensive power and not big enough punishment for gettign calle dout by a defender. At least it's not as bad on that front as it was in S2.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2022 on: January 26, 2018, 03:29:15 PM »
get into a lobby (online or offline) and then walk over to the offline versus mode part of the lobby and enter it :lol

Himu

« Reply #2023 on: January 26, 2018, 03:35:18 PM »
:lol

Imagine them walking and stuff in the middle of a tournament because they needed to go from versus to options. And it’s streaming :lol
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2024 on: January 26, 2018, 03:39:31 PM »

I "get it" it's just going to take some getting used to. Basically moves have less active frames, and they also have lingering extended hurtboxes for less periods of time, despite having more total frames on a whiff in general.  Combine that with the fact longer range moves tend to be slower in this game while also being stubby, it messes with the "walk and whiff punish" style of play. Means it's generally better to either play aggressive positioning, or to go for the big hits more often. In S1/S2 this was the "lol cruch counter footsies" stuff basically. AE makes ranged moves, AAs, etc better, but the general idea of how to play ranges is kind of the same.

I don't mind it or the KD system really, it's just going to take a lot of getting used to. It's a lot more like the style of footsies from 3S, earlier GG, etc. Games I'm not very good at since I play ST, SF4, P4U, BB, etc. which are more about blowing up whiffs and playing a bit more defensively in neutral.

What I do mind is the types of tools that are there specifically to punish defensive neutral i.e. very fast forward moving things that are safe on block. It's a bit overkill IMO. I also still don't like how risk/reward sometimes gets borked because there's still lots of midscreen offensive power and not big enough punishment for gettign calle dout by a defender. At least it's not as bad on that front as it was in S2.

Okay that’s fair, but even games like 3S had non-stubby long reaching normals even if the footsies are more similar to 3S in SFV than ST. And games like 3S still had more consistent rule sets.
IYKYK

Aegis.exe

« Reply #2025 on: January 26, 2018, 03:51:12 PM »

Okay that’s fair, but even games like 3S had non-stubby long reaching normals even if the footsies are more similar to 3S in SFV than ST. And games like 3S still had more consistent rule sets.

I'm not saying the game is 3S, just saying the way you have to move and the interaction to interaction moments are more similar to that style of play than something like SF4 where it was best to walk and hit as few buttons as possible in basically every MU. FWIW I don't think SFV is actually all that stubby sometimes. There are some normals that are just "what the fuck is this abomination" like Sakura's cr.MK, but there are other moves with quite a bit of range in other toolsets. I think the stubby complaints are really just at characters that have generally shit normals at this point. Like Ryu is stubby as hell for no reason, and I don't think that's indicative of the game as much as it is his tier placement. That's a character that is legit trash and not even worth the time to look at because his normals don't fucking work right.

Meanwhile you got shit like Rashid, Birdie, Abi, Guile, etc. that are all busted and have normals that look like they are from other games. Even the less busted characters like Menat, Karin, Chun, hell even Juri have what I would call realistic footsie tools. It's really just the shotos that got fucked over har din the normals department and I can't explain why they would do that.

Himu

« Reply #2026 on: January 26, 2018, 03:56:26 PM »
I agree with you. I played Chun and Ryu tho so my opinions is biased. I have considered switching to Juri. SHe's got neat shit and is viable in s3. I love Ryu but SFV isn't a Ryu game.
IYKYK

Aegis.exe

« Reply #2027 on: January 26, 2018, 04:09:24 PM »
Idk if Juri is viable, that's still up for debate with mixed opinions on who you ask. She just at least has a couple normals here and there that at least make sense in S3.

Ryu's normals actually did get better too, that's the fucked part. I really just don't get what they are doing with him. Maybe they're just scared to give him strong tools after what happened in S1.

Himu

« Reply #2028 on: January 26, 2018, 04:18:45 PM »
His cr mk isn’t bad. His normals aren’t that bad actually. His st mp is pretty solid.

Ryu’s problem is that SFV is an offensive 3S style game and Ryu is designed to be defensive - the most defensive he has ever been actually. Give him a n.jump tatsu and jump back tatsu. That’ll allow him to use utilize space in more offensive ways. That’s one thing I can think of. As it is, Ryu is very linear. He doesn’t have many moves that push him forward besides forward air tatsu in a game where characters have all sorts of options to low profile or gain some mobility. All Ryu has is a solid dash. This limits Ryu’s offense. Tatsu in general should be a bit safer in terms of frames and recovery.

The fact you cannot tatsu in neutral jump is baffling.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 04:29:15 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2029 on: January 26, 2018, 04:25:29 PM »
As for Juri, she’s still more viable than Ryu.
IYKYK

Aegis.exe

« Reply #2030 on: January 26, 2018, 04:35:34 PM »
I'd still call his normals pretty bad tbh. They can't keep up with some of the other spacing tools that are actually good. And yeah, in S1 he was good because he dealt too much damage and things like throw loop on lock. Now he has no scary offense, normals that lose to top tiers, a kinda whatever fireball, etc. Ken's in kind of a similar boat it looks like too. He can't go full ape anymore and loop his offense, which means he's back to playing neutral in a game where Birdie exists.

Himu

« Reply #2031 on: January 26, 2018, 04:39:15 PM »
I don’t disagree. His jab is horrible.

It feels like to deal damage with Ryu you need to use a lot of meter. He’s meter hungry.

what do you think about akuma
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2032 on: January 26, 2018, 04:55:33 PM »
get into a lobby (online or offline) and then walk over to the offline versus mode part of the lobby and enter it :lol

Or press the button to call up the modes and select it.   :doge  It's still dumb though.
ど助平

Aegis.exe

« Reply #2033 on: January 26, 2018, 04:57:33 PM »
Akuma seems good. He has damage and offense that you still kind of loop. More importantly he has specials you can spend meter to get past neutral or create a scary situation in general. Just has a well rounded kit that does more than a shoto, and he has the offensive output to match it. Don't get why he'd be anything less than upper tier. I don't think he's busted though like Abi or Birdie or Rashid.

Himu

« Reply #2034 on: January 26, 2018, 05:01:17 PM »
Akuma does interest me. I’ve never been a fan of him though because of his design but I could try him.

I definitely place akuma in upper tiers. He’s got more answers to the game than Ryu or Ken but he’s also had a massive change in play style too.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2035 on: January 26, 2018, 08:18:32 PM »
Can't get into any matches in DB FighterZ.  It just keeps kicking me out of the lobby.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2036 on: January 26, 2018, 09:54:26 PM »
So I started getting in on PS4 and played some matches.  Switched to PC and match connection quality was 100 times better...just like Tekken 7 on both platforms.

Besides the shitty forced lobby interface, I also noticed something else that really sucks- there's no fucking way to play with people on your friends list.  I saw no options anywhere to create matches and invite people.  I assume everyone has to be in the same main lobby and then join a ring match or something.  It is ridiculous that basic fighting game modes are missing.  People complained about SFV not having an arcade mode?  LOL.  This is the kind of thing that is beyond stupid.

I like the way this game plays, but in what I think is a fighting game first, they fucked up the menus and lobbies and it brings the game down for me.  I don't understand this at all since it's not like anything like this has happened in previous Arc games. 

Maybe Marvel won't be dead after all.  :doge
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2037 on: January 26, 2018, 10:00:43 PM »
Could it be a Bamco decision? Doesn’t sound like Arc.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2038 on: January 26, 2018, 10:53:29 PM »
Found a way to play with a friend online.

You must in in the same 64-man lobby as each other.
You then create a Ring Match and can set up rules, number of players, make it private, etc.

The problem is the lobby...all of the North American ones were full.  We managed to find an almost empty lobby in Taiwan to use.  They somehow didn't prepare for how insanely popular this game was going to be and didn't put enough lobbies into the game for people.  :lol
:dead

No excuse for not having matching stuff outside of lobbies and a regular main menu.  If I were to review this I would dock major points for this. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2039 on: January 26, 2018, 10:53:54 PM »
Could it be a Bamco decision? Doesn’t sound like Arc.

Bamco hasn't done anything like this in their other games.
ど助平