Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 428851 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fighting Games Thread ~ The Bore Pugilists Gathering
« Reply #600 on: August 17, 2016, 07:07:15 AM »
Had some (much) better quality matches in KOF last night...so there's hope, but as things stand this is still the worst netcode of any PS4 fighter and I hope it gets fixed.  PLS SNK  :'(

Anyway, another Injustice 2 trailer hit:

ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #601 on: August 17, 2016, 08:25:52 AM »
No "Daddy's Little Monster" outfit from Suicide Squad? No sale. :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
As if I was gonna buy it in the first place. :lol
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #602 on: August 17, 2016, 08:29:51 AM »
No "Daddy's Little Monster" outfit from Suicide Squad? No sale. :doge

You gotta buy that content in the Injustice Mobile game instead.  :doge

ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #603 on: August 17, 2016, 01:14:24 PM »
It'll probably be in there, I wouldn't worry.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #604 on: August 17, 2016, 02:48:09 PM »

NRS gets wacky with costumes.  They could put shit like this behind s WB Account and make you spend money or grind shit out in the mobile game to unlock stuff in Injustice 2.  They did this with MKX.
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #605 on: August 17, 2016, 03:31:05 PM »

NRS gets wacky with costumes.  They could put shit like this behind s WB Account and make you spend money or grind shit out in the mobile game to unlock stuff in Injustice 2.  They did this with MKX.

Yea but Injustice 1 also had a lot of the variants ppl wanted + like bonus tv show and movie shit so again, I wouldn't worry about it.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #606 on: August 20, 2016, 06:39:15 PM »

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #607 on: August 22, 2016, 04:16:34 PM »

Yea but Injustice 1 also had a lot of the variants ppl wanted + like bonus tv show and movie shit so again, I wouldn't worry about it.

Boon's already said that you unlock them this time by getting the right gear drops and compiling them. It will then turn the character into a variant or a completely new character depending on the gear set. He's already given the example that if you get the right drops for Supergirl, you can assemble them and you get Power Girl instead (Who mostly uses Supergirls moves, but has some variants along with a different model and voice actress).

Clever way to get around redundancy with a lot of DC Characters sharing the same power sets. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #608 on: August 23, 2016, 10:16:03 AM »
Boon's already said that you unlock them this time by getting the right gear drops and compiling them. It will then turn the character into a variant or a completely new character depending on the gear set. He's already given the example that if you get the right drops for Supergirl, you can assemble them and you get Power Girl instead (Who mostly uses Supergirls moves, but has some variants along with a different model and voice actress).

Clever way to get around redundancy with a lot of DC Characters sharing the same power sets.

Which will probably take 100000000000000 hours or you can pay just $4.99 to unlock now!!!!!!  :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #609 on: August 24, 2016, 08:19:49 AM »
Mai in DOA5LR.

ど助平

thisismyusername

Bebpo

« Reply #611 on: August 25, 2016, 02:15:57 AM »
Got KoFXIV but won't have time to pop it in until after Borecon this weekend.  What's your thoughts overall after a few days with it Bork besides netcode?  How are the new cast members?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #612 on: August 25, 2016, 08:32:52 AM »
They're way, way too late on this, but it looks like the Mortal Kombat X XL content is coming to PC.

Got KoFXIV but won't have time to pop it in until after Borecon this weekend.  What's your thoughts overall after a few days with it Bork besides netcode?  How are the new cast members?

Funny thing about the netcode.  People have discovered that if you play Party Vs. (six players each control one character in each team), the netcode is great.  I tried this last night, and sure enough, it was buttery smooth and felt pretty much like I was playing offline.  There were a few tiny lag spikes here and there and the game froze once, although it responded again after a few seconds, but this insanely better than 99% of the matches I've played in the other vs. modes and in ranked.

Speculation is that SNK fucked up the synchronization functions in the other modes and this is something that they should be able to fix.
:dead

The new character additions are great with the exception of Xanadu.  And I don't mean that he's a bad character, design-wise -he's totally the KOF Bore mascot- but that his moves and normals kinda suck compared to everyone else.  I haven't messed with him since the 1.01 patch came out though, so maybe he's better.  The 1.01 patch made everyone a bit faster, which this game needed, BTW.

There's a crap-ton of character variety in this game and I have no complaints on the roster.  This is the first fighting game in a long time where I'm actually more interested in playing as most of the new characters over the returning ones, in fact.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #613 on: August 25, 2016, 11:42:08 AM »
KOF online fix is coming.

We have discovered the reason behind the connection slowdowns that are happening under specific conditions.

Currently we are working on a fix with which we hope to submit as early as possible next week.

Party VS is working without problems.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

:rejoice
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #614 on: August 25, 2016, 01:32:38 PM »
It's official- Mortal Kombat XL is coming to PC.

Open beta starts today through the 29th.

ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #615 on: August 25, 2016, 02:45:31 PM »
At this point, fuck them. Putting out a piece of shit port, refusing to give the updates that console got, and now going to end up selling a second product. :maf

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #616 on: August 25, 2016, 09:53:32 PM »
Tried it out.  Online is noticeably improved just like on consoles.  That's a good first step to getting shit fixed.

At this point, fuck them. Putting out a piece of shit port, refusing to give the updates that console got, and now going to end up selling a second product. :maf

I want to wait to see how they handle XL for existing MKX PC owners first.  Should just be a free upgrade with you having to pay for the four extra characters, like the console versions.
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #617 on: August 26, 2016, 12:36:15 AM »
Probably won't be because you know WB has to fuck over PC players every chance they get.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #618 on: August 26, 2016, 11:25:19 AM »
Probably won't be because you know WB has to fuck over PC players every chance they get.

:woody
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #619 on: September 01, 2016, 05:00:56 PM »
HELL HAS FROZEN OVER.

Today, Thursday, September 1st, 2016- The King Of Fighters XIV has received a patch and HOLY SHIT THE NET CODE IS ACTUALLY GOOD NOW!

ONLY TOOK THEM 11 YEARS TO RELEASE A KOF WITH GOOD NET CODE ON A CONSOLE!   :clap
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #620 on: September 05, 2016, 09:19:36 PM »
:itagaki
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #621 on: September 08, 2016, 02:47:42 PM »
BlazBlue Central Fiction is up for pre-order on digital Japanese PSN.  Like GG Xrd, you get a demo version that is essentially the arcade version with single, 2P offline, and training modes.  It will also have online play from 9/9-9/11.  Kinda cool from Arc.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #622 on: September 13, 2016, 09:11:06 AM »
Mai is up for DOA5LR.  Very "barebones" character release- just one outfit in two color variations (nothing to unlock) and Japanese voice only...for $7.99.  Some additional outfits are another ten bucks, lol Tecmo.

She's pretty awesome and retains her special moves, with the same input motions as FF/KOF.  I only tried her online in the shitacular PC port, so I only found one match.  It was against a guy who picked the training stage (which scrolls endlessly) and attempted to "turtle" and run away.  Bad idea-- I just stayed back and zoned him with fans.  :lol  He finally got pissed off after his lame play attempt didn't work and rage quit a few minutes later.

It's too bad that DOA doesn't have very good netcode...would love to get back into but I'd rather just play SFV, KOFXIV, and the like instead.
ど助平

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #623 on: September 15, 2016, 12:16:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/776450657914130432

VF 5 Final Showdown is Backwards Compatable on Xbone

:rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #624 on: September 15, 2016, 12:48:13 PM »
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/776450657914130432

VF 5 Final Showdown is Backwards Compatable on Xbone

:rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

Didja Know- VF5 Final Showdown is coming to PS4....via Yakuza 6.  I really hope Sega is smart enough release it as a standalone game.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #625 on: September 15, 2016, 01:34:43 PM »
VF everywhere!

...except in a new game  :(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #626 on: September 15, 2016, 02:10:55 PM »
 :gloomy
ど助平

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #627 on: September 22, 2016, 08:46:13 AM »
Tekken 2 vs Tekken 3, which is better?

:whoo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #628 on: September 22, 2016, 11:40:43 AM »
Who cares; play Tekken Tag 2 and forget that shit.  :P
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #629 on: September 29, 2016, 04:11:04 PM »
Or play Tag 1 and forget all three of those games!

Didja Know- VF5 Final Showdown is coming to PS4....via Yakuza 6.  I really hope Sega is smart enough release it as a standalone game.
:neogaf :snoop

Sega is fucking ridiculous :lol

thisismyusername

« Reply #630 on: September 29, 2016, 05:25:33 PM »
Come on, you know you wanna see Poverty Streams of people playing VF5: Final Showdown within Yakuza 6.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #631 on: October 16, 2016, 03:25:38 PM »
Some more news besides SFV's Halloween content:

The King Of Fighters XIV and Street Fighter V will be getting arcade releases in Japan.  SFV will be based on the PC version.  I think this pretty much confirms an arcade mode is coming now...saw some people saying data miners found stuff to back this up already.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #632 on: November 02, 2016, 08:53:13 AM »
Chaos Code: New Sign of Catastrophe (say that three times fast) comes out on 11/9, for PS4, in Japan and Asia.  The game will have full English text!  Worth a look if you want a pretty good sprite-based 2D fighter.  The original got a PS3 port but had no online play.  This version has network support.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #633 on: November 09, 2016, 12:01:21 AM »
Chaos Code: New Sign of Catastrophe is up on J-PSN.  Costs just under 2000 yen. 

I only had a chance to just load it up and check it for a few minutes.  The game runs in full English (text) and has plenty of modes and all the standard features, including online play which the PS3 port was missing.  You get a couple of extra characters over the PS3 version and there's also a widescreen option, which I don't recall being in the last version of the game.  It adds camera zooming and doesn't seem to affect the game play.

Tried going online, but predictably found no matches.  Ranked shows five people registered right now, lol.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #634 on: November 28, 2016, 07:22:59 AM »
KOF XIV is getting a surprise graphics upgrade in upcoming patch version 1.10.  I wonder if this is a Pro thing or just for the game in general...

Before:
[close]

After:
[close]
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #635 on: November 28, 2016, 07:33:15 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #636 on: November 28, 2016, 07:47:35 PM »
Yeah, if true Marvel can continue to go fuck itself over its little pissing match with Fox.  Pretty much all the good characters in MvC are Fox-owned.  Wolverine/Deadpool/Sentinel/Dr. Doom. 

I hope at least the graphics style is different.  MvC3 is a real ugly game.  Make it look more like SFV plz.

Robo

« Reply #637 on: November 28, 2016, 08:43:31 PM »
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:01:45 AM by Robo »
obo

Tasty

« Reply #638 on: November 28, 2016, 09:21:16 PM »
I hope at least the graphics style is different.  MvC3 is a real ugly game.  Make it look more like SFV plz.

:gurl

Bebpo

« Reply #639 on: November 28, 2016, 09:32:45 PM »
I think SFV looks pretty damn nice for what it is.  SF4 was kinda ugly but still better than MvC3.  MvC3 just looks horribly low-res & blurry.  I think Tatsunoko looks better.  When I went back to play UMvC3 maybe 6 months ago I was kind of taken back how bad the game looks these days.  The art style just does not hold up.  KoFXIV looks better.

Actually, if they did MvC4 with an artstyle like Guilty Gear Xrd it'd look fucking amazing, but I guess that's too "anime" for a mainstream game like that.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #640 on: November 29, 2016, 10:31:09 AM »
I really wish they'd just drop Marvel, especially after how the last game turned out, I.E. they wanted to do balance updates and add more content, but Marvel was very difficult to deal with and then the deal expired and that was that.  Let's not forget that Marvel gave Capcom shit over color choices for characters. FUCKING COLORS.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #641 on: November 29, 2016, 10:33:36 AM »
MvC3 just looks horribly low-res & blurry.

:huh

ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #642 on: November 29, 2016, 11:27:24 AM »
Honestly I don't even care about all the Xmen/Fox owned characters, just Wolverine, Magneto, and Doom. Fuck the rest, really.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #643 on: November 29, 2016, 11:38:13 AM »
Honestly I don't even care about all the Xmen/Fox owned characters, just Wolverine, Magneto, and Doom. Fuck the rest, really.

The real question here is do fighting game fans really care about the characters...or do they care about their play styles?  Easy enough to just make new characters play similarly-enough to the X-Men/FF characters.  I'd be OK with a Marvel roster that was something like:

-Captain America
-Iron Man
-Thor
-Hulk
-Vision
-Spider-Man
-Black Widow
-Daredevil
-Elektra
-The Punisher
-Luke Cage
-Starlord
-Rocket Raccoon
-Gamora
-Drax
-Dr. Strange
-Ant-Man
-Wasp

Just make Vision your new "Magneto" (or Doom), Drax the new Wolverine (or Gamora could do it), etc.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #644 on: November 29, 2016, 11:49:32 AM »
It is mostly a playstyle thing for me, but also those characters just make a Marvel game feel like Marvel. But again, it's a personal thing.

Bebpo

« Reply #645 on: November 29, 2016, 12:14:27 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

fwiw, PS3 version (which is what I played) does not look like that.

That still doesn't even look great, but it's much sharper at 1080p+ in that picture.  720p is blurry with this art style and didn't work.  See how the lifebars look?  That's how the entire game looks on PS3 (and I'm assuming X360).

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #646 on: November 29, 2016, 12:38:04 PM »

That still doesn't even look great, but it's much sharper at 1080p+ in that picture.  720p is blurry with this art style and didn't work.  See how the lifebars look?  That's how the entire game looks on PS3 (and I'm assuming X360).

That image is from the PS3 version.

:idont

Even the Vita version was pretty sharp -it runs at native res- with only the UI and hit effects being lower res.

I can see not liking the art style, with the "plastic" look on a lot of the characters, but I wouldn't call it "horribly low-res and blurry."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 12:46:20 PM by bork pls »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #647 on: November 29, 2016, 12:51:16 PM »
Definitely more details are being added to the character models in KOF XIV.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/192193

I suspect this is not just some random upgrade and is how the arcade version is going to look (along with the inevitable PC port) too.

Meanwhile, it was suggested that this upgrade may be a PS4 Pro-only feature and some people are already starting to lose their shit over it.
:delicious
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #648 on: November 29, 2016, 07:47:46 PM »

That image is from the PS3 version.

:idont

Even the Vita version was pretty sharp -it runs at native res- with only the UI and hit effects being lower res.

I can see not liking the art style, with the "plastic" look on a lot of the characters, but I wouldn't call it "horribly low-res and blurry."

I stand corrected :P

Still could be better, not as ugly as I remember it looking.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #649 on: November 30, 2016, 07:21:01 AM »
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator is coming to Steam on 12/14.  :)
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #650 on: November 30, 2016, 07:23:14 AM »

That's how many months after the console port?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #651 on: November 30, 2016, 07:46:11 AM »

That's how many months after the console port?

About 5-6 months.  They're getting better!  :doge
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #652 on: November 30, 2016, 11:53:07 AM »
$50 or $65 with the dlc :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fighting Games Thread ~ Marvel Vs. Capcom INFINITE Announced
« Reply #653 on: December 03, 2016, 01:35:45 PM »

It's official!  Coming to PS4, Xbone, and yes...STEAM next year!

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 is also getting put back up on PSN today.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #654 on: December 03, 2016, 01:41:55 PM »
Holy shit...people are saying it's Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 on PS4 that will be out today!  :o
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #655 on: December 03, 2016, 02:04:09 PM »
UMvC3 is also coming out on Xbone and Steam in March 2017.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #656 on: December 03, 2016, 02:34:25 PM »
Marvel 3 and 4 on PC  :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #657 on: December 03, 2016, 02:37:52 PM »
LOL at the people saying Marvel would never come out on PC.  :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #658 on: December 03, 2016, 02:58:44 PM »
i didn't expect 3 to be on pc, so i'm pretty pleased about that!

thisismyusername

« Reply #659 on: December 03, 2016, 03:02:23 PM »
UMvC3 is also coming out on Xbone and Steam in March 2017.

Best news.

Marvel 3 and 4 on PC  :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

:rejoice :rejoice :rejoice indeed.

They just need to port Marvel vs Capcom 1/Origins and 2 along with SF3rd Strike:OE and Dark Stalkers to PC now.