Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild  (Read 99572 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
« Reply #720 on: June 08, 2017, 03:24:24 PM »
mlg
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #721 on: June 19, 2017, 07:38:37 PM »
dog

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #722 on: August 05, 2017, 08:47:47 PM »
apparently it's now kosher to think this game sucks dick
püp

Tasty

« Reply #723 on: August 05, 2017, 08:56:06 PM »
apparently it's now kosher to think this game sucks dick

Zelda cycle is complete.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #724 on: August 05, 2017, 09:39:30 PM »
I've seen enough apologists in my time romanticize the shitty triforce quest in GameCube version Wind Waker, post Twilight Princess, that I believe the Zelda cycle is absolute a real thing. I'm sure "Skyward Sword's 'filler' was actually good!" or "I actually enjoyed collecting tadtones" comments are probably incoming.

:mindblown

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #725 on: August 05, 2017, 10:19:57 PM »
I've seen enough apologists in my time romanticize the shitty triforce quest in GameCube version Wind Waker, post Twilight Princess, that I believe the Zelda cycle is absolute a real thing. I'm sure "Skyward Sword's 'filler' was actually good!" or "I actually enjoyed collecting tadtones" comments are probably incoming.

I...didn't mind collecting tadtones

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #726 on: August 05, 2017, 10:26:38 PM »
Skyward sword was ruined by waggle. RUINED. :maf
Hi

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #727 on: August 06, 2017, 12:26:01 AM »
Skyward sword was ruined by waggle. RUINED. :maf

but like at least it was FOCUSED unlike the terrible shitty game that was BOTW

/s
püp

Tasty

« Reply #728 on: August 06, 2017, 12:29:58 AM »

Let's Cyber

« Reply #729 on: August 06, 2017, 01:23:25 AM »
I mean, it wasn't enjoyable so much as something one endures. The swimming controls were ass and the entire thing was a waste of time.

If they hadn't gone all in on motion controls and just used Twlight Princess' swim controls (the controls with the zora suit on) it would have been ok, but even then the sequence was filler trash.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #730 on: August 06, 2017, 04:23:21 AM »
breasts of the wild is a great game, but a horrible zelda game.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #731 on: August 06, 2017, 04:39:44 AM »
I can't wait for for Himuro to play it one day and shitpost for days about how awful it is.
yar

Tasty

« Reply #732 on: August 06, 2017, 04:50:57 AM »
I can't wait for for Himuro to play it one day and shitpost for days about how awful it is.

I can.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #733 on: August 06, 2017, 05:42:15 AM »

I can.

yar

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #734 on: August 06, 2017, 10:52:45 AM »
I dont get it

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #735 on: August 06, 2017, 02:25:11 PM »
breath of the wild is just boneless zelda

SantaC

« Reply #736 on: August 06, 2017, 04:41:03 PM »
Botw is pretty boring. 900 useless korok seeds? Talk about shitty padding.

Bulleta©™®

• is probably playing some game
« Reply #737 on: August 11, 2017, 07:30:08 AM »
3D Zelda blows my ass. Always has, always will.

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #738 on: August 12, 2017, 09:08:11 AM »
The fuck happened in this thread? Also defending Skyward Sword?

:snoop

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #739 on: August 12, 2017, 11:19:57 AM »
The fuck happened in this thread? Also defending Skyward Sword?

:snoop

These fuckers and their opinions

:jeanluc
yar

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #740 on: August 12, 2017, 11:34:25 AM »
Zelda cycle plays out yet again
püp

Let's Cyber

« Reply #741 on: September 24, 2017, 05:38:42 AM »
Bought a switch a few months ago, it broke (don't ask  :stahp) finally got a new one last week. I've had other games I wanted to clear before starting back in on Zelda so I didn't start until Friday.

Yup, the game is magically. The sense of freedom is unparalleled for an open world game. This just let's you go wherever the fuck you want and it feels soooooo good. Just got to the "first" village with 12 hours of game time, the world is so massive.

Only problem is I really want to jump into Divinity: Original Sin 2 but I'm glued to this instead. The best type of problem, I guess.

agrajag

« Reply #742 on: September 27, 2017, 05:19:00 PM »
Holy shit, this game is phenomenal! Haven't had these kind of feels with a Zelda game since OoT! It's really pretty too, except when you see an occasional horribly pixelated texture or random slowdown. But I've been completely sucked into this game.

Tasty

« Reply #743 on: September 27, 2017, 06:06:32 PM »
Ya, it gud.

agrajag

« Reply #744 on: September 28, 2017, 11:45:13 AM »
I shot a fox dead yesterday and cooked its meat and ate it. This game  :-\

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #745 on: September 28, 2017, 02:42:46 PM »
Yeah, but it's oddly satisfying to kill wolves that are attacking you then cook and eat their flesh.
yar

agrajag

« Reply #746 on: September 28, 2017, 06:57:22 PM »
Yeah, but it's oddly satisfying to kill wolves that are attacking you then cook and eat their flesh.

WAY TO FUCKING SPOIL THAT THERE ARE WOLVES IN THIS GAME, HOW ABOUT A SPOILER TAG NEXT TIME ASSHOLE?

:doge

agrajag

« Reply #747 on: September 28, 2017, 07:28:26 PM »
I feel I got decently far in the game to only have 4 hearts. I know I'm just scraping the surface, but I've put in some solid time and "grinding" if you can call it that in a Zelda game. For reference, I'm seeing Impa for the second time after repairing the Sheika Slate. Made some minor deviations from my main objectives because I got lost originally trying to get to Kakariko village and completed a bunch of shrines. Also, it's way harder to mine rupees in this one than the previous titles. I can't afford any armor!

agrajag

« Reply #748 on: September 28, 2017, 08:19:01 PM »
Yep, rupees are hard to come by so I usually sell shit I know I don't need for it. Hell, the Goron area is full of mining for ruby and sapphire gems to sell. That should help if you're ever in a pinch.

I just wasted twenty minutes looking for this man's cuckoos and he only gave me 50 rupees.  >:(

Let's Cyber

« Reply #749 on: September 30, 2017, 02:09:36 AM »
2 Divine beasts and 60 shrines down. Been addicted to this all week

The game has been simply amazing so far. The exploration is just fantastic, it's this constant thing of "I wonder what is over that hill?" which turns into a 3 hour excursion just picking fruit and collecting stuff. It's really cathartic. The of the creativity put into some of the puzzles is impressive too. So fun and imaginative. Like
spoiler (click to show/hide)
the Labyrinths or the pitchblack forest where you have to use a torch. Also Eventide island  :lawd
[close]

If I had one complaint it's that the game can easily turn into a grinding slog if you let it. The desire to grind for mats and max out my gear is stupid strong and I have to constantly pull myself back from trying to just get the best stuff or find and clear every single shrine in an area.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 03:10:10 AM by Let's Cyber »

agrajag

« Reply #750 on: October 01, 2017, 12:08:09 AM »
God damn, this game is expansive. The draw distance is pretty incredible. It blows my mind that I can go "hey that thing over there looks cool, let me go there" and then I use a pin to mark it, open the map and that shit is on the other side of the world map!

I do have a few complaints though. I think the camera sucks. Normally I like my camera to follow directly behind the character all the time in 3rd person games. This one just feels too loose, like I have to fight with the camera all the time. Sometimes I feel like I need it to zoom out more and it isn't able to.

Also, controls seem a little clunky to me too. I died too many times fighting Waterblight Gannon because of control issues. Many times when I would press the shoulder button to lock on to him, it simply wouldn't register and then I'd die because he hit me with the damn spear and I couldn't dodge. Also, this might be an issue with the joycons or my own clumsiness, but I find myself accidentally pressing down on the left analog stick forcing Link to crouch in the most inopportune moments.

I am also missing some random bits of nostalgia. Like I miss the old jingle when you open chests. Yes, it got annoying when it happened every time, but  it would be cool if they kept it for major things. I also miss bottles.

Overall, it's a fantastic game though. The big surprise for me is that Nintendo removed ALL the handholding that the previous games were plagued by. It's like they went from one extreme to the other.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #751 on: October 02, 2017, 02:00:12 AM »
Turns out the real big bad in Breath of the Wild is that son of a bitch Beedle.
I gave him all my Energetic Rhino Beetles and not knowing they were an upgrade material later on

:oreilly
[close]

Also Gerudo Desert is awesome but there really should be a sand seal stable. Seals with different stats, colors, the whole nine yards just like with horses.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:05:02 AM by Let's Cyber »

agrajag

« Reply #752 on: October 02, 2017, 12:37:53 PM »
Turns out the real big bad in Breath of the Wild is that son of a bitch Beedle.
I gave him all my Energetic Rhino Beetles and not knowing they were an upgrade material later on

:oreilly
[close]

Also Gerudo Desert is awesome but there really should be a sand seal stable. Seals with different stats, colors, the whole nine yards just like with horses.

Heh, I had a gut feeling that if Beedle wants the beetle so bad it might be worth holding on to.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #753 on: October 02, 2017, 02:09:17 PM »
Pretty dumb you can't buy from him without him begging for your beatles first. The Sheikah Sensor+ made it super easy to get more, thankfully.

They only real pain for collectables for me so far have been the Star Fragments. I've only found 2 and need one more to max out my Ancient set.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #754 on: October 02, 2017, 02:45:09 PM »
Trial of the Sword DLC stuff is pretty good. It's basically Eventide on steroids.

Part 1 wasn't too bad with only 14 hearts but part 2 was too much.  One bomb arrow connecting is enough to ruin a run, I'll need to come back to it later with more health.

agrajag

« Reply #755 on: October 02, 2017, 05:10:47 PM »
Welp, I am pretty bad at this game. I spent waaaaaaaaay too much time trying to beat the Yiga Clan Hideout. I didn't know you could use the vicious sickle to sneak up and insta kill the them from behind! The boss was very easy though and pretty intuitive. This game is the most "hardcore" game Nintendo ever made, it doesn't spell anything out for you. Completely different design philosophy from, say, Twilight Princess.

It's just amazing how much there is to do. Game is yuge.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #756 on: October 05, 2017, 05:28:58 AM »
I found 93 shrines before I finally relented and started using a guide. I criss crossed shrine-less areas on the map multiple times at multiple elevations combing for shrines but finally ran out of patience. I'm guessing a lot of them are shrine quests at this point.

Beat tier 2 of the Trial of the Sword gauntlet, was a lot of fun. The first section was probably the most difficult IMO, I didn't find the bosses or the gimmicks too tough after that.

Can only imagine what kind of shit they throw in for the final section. I'm guessing Lynels and Guardians.  :punch

agrajag

« Reply #757 on: October 05, 2017, 01:19:00 PM »
I just got to Eventide Island and it's kicking my ass a little bit.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #758 on: October 06, 2017, 05:04:37 PM »

Let's Cyber

« Reply #759 on: October 07, 2017, 04:21:35 PM »
Ganon is dead.

Went into Hyrule Castle with 40 ancient arrows, maxed Tunic of the Wild and Hylian Shield, straight down the main road and scrubbed the castle of every fucking guardian I could find. 

:american :usacry Mission Accomplished  :usacry :american

agrajag

« Reply #760 on: October 08, 2017, 02:42:19 PM »
I've only been getting to play a half hour a day tops the last few days, so I haven't tried to do anymore divine beasts (I completed the Zora and the Gerudo ones and Eventide shrine), so I've just been fucking around near the village by Eventide and the guy that asks you to take pictures of a statue's fragments.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #761 on: October 09, 2017, 07:35:33 PM »
Master Mode

:crazy

There is a silver Lynel on the plateau at the beginning. lol no thanks
[close]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:49:45 PM by Let's Cyber »

agrajag

« Reply #762 on: October 09, 2017, 08:17:21 PM »
I've beat half the game but I'm still terrified of fighting a Lynel.

BTW, lol at the translation goofs. I talked to one of the Yiga clan and they gave me an option of saying that their master has a "dumb belly"  :lol

Let's Cyber

« Reply #763 on: October 10, 2017, 09:15:47 AM »
The red maned lynel in Zora's Domain is the easiest one. Practice on him to get the timing down on the flurry rush. 

Once you have the general strategy down, they aren't too bad. The silver versions can still fuck you up if you're off your game, especially the ones
with the 2 handed clubs. Their moveset is mostly different from the sword lynels and they hit hard as fuck. I still don't mess with them. 
[close]

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #764 on: October 10, 2017, 09:40:53 AM »
Flurry rush on a Lynel is for chumps.

Real strategy is to shoot the head (preferably with a 3 or 5-shot bow) and while it's disoriented rush up and jump on to start hacking away. Weapons don't receive use-penalties and you'll wreck a Lynel in no time flat.

Prioritize getting the Barbarian armor to maximize hit damage.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 01:14:10 PM by a slime appears »

Let's Cyber

« Reply #765 on: October 10, 2017, 09:46:28 AM »
Why not both?

:idont

I'll admit I didn't know about zero weapon damage while being mounted. I've only ever stunned a lynel w/ arrows when he's doing the fire attack or charging.

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #766 on: October 10, 2017, 01:16:03 PM »
I was joking around, yeah both are viable strategies.  :-*

It’s good to consume some attack boost food to make quick work of the Lynel too. Combine that with fury rush and the barbarian armor is pretty OP.

agrajag

« Reply #767 on: October 11, 2017, 01:24:24 AM »
How do I protect myself against the barrage of shock arrows? I can't even get close to him. I have topaz earrings but they don't do shit.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #768 on: October 11, 2017, 10:05:45 AM »
I usually just rush him (gliding can work too as long as you're high enough and to his rear) or use the stealth set to get close. You need to get into melee distance asap. I think he'll still sometimes shoot one or 2 volleys of arrows but he'll switch to the sword sooner if you're within melee range.

If the electricity is a legit problem, make an elixir or food for the initial approach. You should have some zapshrooms by now. I'd recommend switching your buff to either high defense or high offense once you're actually in the melee part of the fight. Probably high defense as you're trying figure out his moveset and timing. How many hearts do you have and what outfit are you wearing?
I was joking around, yeah both are viable strategies.  :-*
:duh
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:28:36 AM by Let's Cyber »

agrajag

« Reply #769 on: October 11, 2017, 12:53:59 PM »
I don't have any good armor yet. As far as clothes/armor I have the hylian tunic, the zora armor, the flamebreaker armor, hylian tunic/trousers, snow boots, and the gerudo outfit.

I did beat the Fireblight Ganon very easily though. Considering how much of a pain in the ass Waterblight Ganon was, this one was a piece of cake.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #770 on: October 11, 2017, 01:08:35 PM »
Have you found/paid 2 of the fairy fountains? Lvl. 2 upgraded Hylian tunic with high defense buff food should be fine to survive some lynel hits.  The Soldier's set from Hateno Village at lvl 2 would be better.  The material requirements for both are pretty low and should be stuff you already have.

agrajag

« Reply #771 on: October 11, 2017, 01:22:10 PM »
Yeah I try to upgrade my armor as often as I can. I couldn't afford the soldier's armor before, but now I might go buy it since I have some rupees. But then again, I want to buy the diamond bracelet, so I need to save for that.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #772 on: October 11, 2017, 01:48:53 PM »
As someone who maxed out the diamond circlet (it is a lot of diamonds to upgrade too  :-\), I don't think it is worth it. The jewelry from Gerudo shop are fine for an early game stop gap but you're better off saving to get the full sets in the long term. Ancient set is expensive but you'll get an extra bonus for leveling it up and wearing the entire set that the diamond circlet won't provide.

agrajag

« Reply #773 on: October 12, 2017, 01:26:00 AM »
Ah, well I already had all of them except for the diamond one. Do you suggest I don't buy the diamond circlet and just sell the diamonds instead?

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

agrajag

« Reply #775 on: October 16, 2017, 07:04:10 PM »
Well, I finally killed my first Lynel. It was the pinkish one that posts up near the Rito village.

I ran and spammed the hell out of stasis like a coward
[close]

BTW, the Rito divine beast dungeon and boss was laughably easy compared to the other ones, IMO.

agrajag

« Reply #776 on: October 17, 2017, 12:26:17 PM »
The Rito and Goron divine beasts are by far the easiest in the game. It's kinda funny how the game sorta funnels you towards the Zoras first.

Agreed. I did Zora > Gerudo > Goron > Rito. The game pushed me to do Zora first and then was all like "idgaf, do it in whatever order you want"

As far as the dungeons themselves, they were all about equal with Rito being the easiest (or maybe I just had the most practice by the time I got to Rito so it seemed easier) and the Zora boss being by far the hardest, with the Gerudo one being second hardest.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #777 on: October 19, 2017, 06:43:38 PM »
I did the Gerudo first. Everything else was easy. Sorta a let down.
que

RyoonZ

« Reply #778 on: October 22, 2017, 01:24:19 AM »
I like this game but I think it would be much better to have more dungeons and less shrines.

agrajag

« Reply #779 on: October 22, 2017, 04:39:22 AM »
I'm having trouble finding the last couple of shrines I need to get enough hearts for the master sword, arrrggghhhh!