Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild  (Read 98058 times)

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
« Reply #780 on: October 22, 2017, 04:51:22 AM »
If I remember right, Impa actually gave the (arbitrary) order of Zora->Rito->Gerudo->Goron, which is what I ended up doing.

SmokyDave

« Reply #781 on: October 22, 2017, 09:47:19 AM »
After about 90 hours, I’ve just found a dude that’s sold me a house. Fuck knows what other ‘big stuff’ I’ve missed while I’ve been wandering around picking mushrooms and throwing bombs at goats. This game has one hell of a shelf life.

John Dunbar

« Reply #782 on: October 22, 2017, 04:02:49 PM »
I did the Gerudo first. Everything else was easy. Sorta a let down.

i left gerudo last, which was a pleasant surprise.

desert is always last.

agrajag

« Reply #783 on: October 22, 2017, 04:17:49 PM »
I haven't found enough bundles of wood yet to buy the house.

I'm in some labyrinth island now with flying guardians and there's a locked shrine. I think the game wants me to kill all of them, but those guys give me fits. I tried shooting bomb arrows at the propellers, but they just take minor damage.

John Dunbar

« Reply #784 on: October 22, 2017, 04:30:30 PM »
I haven't found enough bundles of wood yet to buy the house.

"found" is a strange choice of words here. there are trees everywhere.

don't even need to waste weapons if you don't want to, you can just blow them up.

« Reply #785 on: October 22, 2017, 05:42:35 PM »
They ask for a lot of wood and blowing trees up gets old really fast, but the house/town quest was great (and also possibly the only good non-shrine sidequest in that game)

« Reply #786 on: October 22, 2017, 06:46:22 PM »
It's really annoying to navigate with them still there, though.

Either way you can do things the cool way and parry the lasers.

Or just take a bunch of ancient arrows. Having a bow that shoots multiple arrows help, too.

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #787 on: October 23, 2017, 09:27:10 AM »
This whole game is annoying.

Can't believe I bought the Switch for this game. But I'm still having fun with Mario Kart 8

Tasty

Tasty

Let's Cyber

« Reply #790 on: October 24, 2017, 06:54:18 PM »
 :whoo

agrajag

« Reply #791 on: October 25, 2017, 02:06:54 AM »
Damn that's slick.

I inadvertently found a climbing hack. I'm not trying to say I'm the only one that thought about this, but I haven't seen anyone else write about it. So whenever you're climbing a cliff, and it even doesn't really matter how steep it is, just tap B while holding forward and you will walk up the cliff while your stamina meter fills back up. It even works in the rain.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #792 on: December 09, 2017, 08:57:16 PM »
Finished up the second DLC today. Was pretty good. I thought some of the new shrines were the best in the game. New outfits are nice too but you can't level them up.  :-\

I enjoyed the Trial of the Sword DLC as well, so I think both for $20 was a very fair deal. I felt I got my money's worth which can't really be said for some DLC I've bought the past few years. *cough*Destiny 1 expansion pass*cough*

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #793 on: December 18, 2017, 02:41:32 AM »
So I've been playing for like 10 hours now, just recovered my first memory. What am I supposed to do? Just go around the map and find shrines and discover new areas until i am fed up and then head to one of the areas with a Divine Beast?

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #794 on: December 18, 2017, 06:50:17 AM »
So I've been playing for like 10 hours now, just recovered my first memory. What am I supposed to do? Just go around the map and find shrines and discover new areas until i am fed up and then head to one of the areas with a Divine Beast?

You literally have a main quest log that tells you what to do. What's so hard to understand about it? I believe the first two are: Destroy Ganon, and Find Impa. When you find Impa she gives you another goal and eventually the goal to revive the Divine Beasts, which are placed on your map. You then can explore the world to find paths to them which take you to the various locations where you see things and meet people.

Your only primary permanent objective is to go to Hyrule Castle and Kill Ganon. Everything else you do is to prepare for that task.
nat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #795 on: December 18, 2017, 07:40:33 AM »
I actually just picked this up again on Switch with the DLC so I can casually replay through it. Already within about 2 hours I've found a bunch of stuff I didn't in the 80+ hours I played earlier this year.
nat

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #796 on: January 09, 2018, 06:36:12 AM »
Was playing a few days ago and thinking it would have been cool to have the game start just a bit before you get knocked into your 100 year coma. Have the game allow you to explore the world before everything goes to shit. You complete a few simple tasks before going down while trying to protect zelda, then wake up in the shrine of resurrection. I guess that would be a bit like ocarina of time.

Svejk

« Reply #797 on: January 09, 2018, 01:26:54 PM »
Was playing a few days ago and thinking it would have been cool to have the game start just a bit before you get knocked into your 100 year coma. Have the game allow you to explore the world before everything goes to shit. You complete a few simple tasks before going down while trying to protect zelda, then wake up in the shrine of resurrection. I guess that would be a bit like ocarina of time.
Not having the Castle town really added (or took away) to the already baron, open world...  I hope they go back to it next installment.  Would love to see a bustling city on this engine.  Just imagine dat frame rate.   :pacspit

Tasty

« Reply #798 on: January 09, 2018, 02:33:24 PM »
If they make a sequel from the ground up I'm sure they could take this engine to some great places. Having to share code with the Wii U port probably hurt more than a little.

« Reply #799 on: January 09, 2018, 02:57:35 PM »
I want a Majora's Mask-style sequel

Hopefully with a hookshot to swing around

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #800 on: February 16, 2018, 11:34:42 PM »

:whoo
___

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #801 on: February 17, 2018, 06:26:45 AM »
This game
 :rejoice
🤴

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #802 on: February 18, 2018, 10:14:19 AM »
ok i love this game and all but ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING RAIN JESUS CHRIST
pcp

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #803 on: February 19, 2018, 01:03:39 AM »
I feel ya, nothing worse then standing at the bottom of a cliff when it rains just waiting for it to pass.

There should have been some anti rain gear or something.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #804 on: February 19, 2018, 07:33:34 AM »
i realized part of it was story related - i was exploring the east coast and was getting fucked over by endless rain, but when i came back into the mainland i came across the zora part of the story and and realized that whole province or whatever was set to have endless rain. currently trying to beat the boss of that section. whole zora town and this boss fight look amazing too. they really did a great job with all the colors and lighting in this game.
pcp

Fifstar

« Reply #805 on: February 19, 2018, 07:57:26 AM »
Yeah, it does. The different times of the day, weather conditions, dynamic shadows, the wind or small things like the ground mist make for a game that really feels alive. Have you been to the Northwest of the map? They really nailed the winter area too.
Gulp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #806 on: February 19, 2018, 10:34:38 AM »
I just found out the other day that certain areas on the map will actually start ponding if rain lasts for more than a few hours.

that's pretty awesome
püp

« Reply #807 on: February 19, 2018, 11:36:22 AM »
Zora questline is the best thing in the game too, that climb is so fun. A shame none of the other guardian quests are as good (though Gerudo comes close)

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #808 on: February 19, 2018, 05:37:16 PM »
"alright, finally some REAL puzzles. let's do this!"

*two hours later, still stuck on the same puzzle: :mjcry wheres the hint mode
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #809 on: March 01, 2018, 12:28:09 PM »
pcp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #811 on: March 02, 2018, 08:37:37 PM »

ok i love this game so much, but seriously the rain is starting to make me genuinely hate it. worse than the water temple, worse than a game over in zelda 2, worse than ocean king temple in phantom hourglass, this fucking rain can just halt your progress. you can be exploring the cliffside on the ocean or about to scale a mountain you just reached, and oop here comes the fucking rain to stop you dead in your tracks. and it would be fine if it happened every once in a while, but the devs set it to occur more frequently than i've seen in most games, and a very limited timer on when it can start back up again.

i was just trying to climb a pretty small cliff right now when i got interrupted by no joke 5 different short storms, each lasting about 10-60 seconds. finally i start the climb, make it just two leaps from the top, when a huge thunderstorm hits. i say fuck it and wait it out because i already waited long enough, and then i wait, and wait, and...TWENTY FUCKING MINUTES GO BY and the shit still hasnt let up. and no, this isnt the zora area, although something similar happened when i was exploring just outside that area. but yeah, twenty fucking minutes of rain. even if it wasn't tied to any game mechanics i'd still be annoyed because who wants to run around an open world game of eternal shit weather? i had to shut the game off and rant. now i'm off to find something less grating to play.
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #812 on: March 02, 2018, 09:31:34 PM »
turned my switch on again and 10 minutes later it's still raining. bout to break my switch in half on principle.
pcp

« Reply #813 on: March 02, 2018, 10:58:32 PM »
If you find some cover, you can start a campfire and use it to pass the time. Also, have you done the Rito quest? The power you get helps with climbing.

I remember seeing a lot of rain in Akkala; good thing there isn't a lot to climb there cause it was the last area I explored and having to deal with this bullshit after the entire rest of the game would have been pretty grating

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #814 on: March 03, 2018, 06:23:28 AM »
didn't do the rito questline yet unfortunately. I'm in the middle of the gerudo one but took a break to go get the master sword.
pcp

Tasty

« Reply #815 on: June 07, 2018, 09:10:05 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #816 on: June 08, 2018, 04:07:06 PM »

This is what I imagine a SEGA produced Mario game would look like in terms of jank
🤴