Author Topic: Hitman  (Read 31643 times)

Bebpo

Re: Hitman
« Reply #300 on: January 20, 2022, 02:13:34 PM »
re-installing H3 now to try the Elusives mode, but someone said IOI totally fucked it up.

Instead of just being all the elusive missions with a time lock, it's the old elusives with escalation requirements added on-top like "can't be spotted" "can't change outfit" "must hide body in 15 seconds" and once you trigger one and fail you're locked out for 1/2 day.

Fuck man, I just want to play the elusives I missed because I didn't have time to pay attention for 6 years every few weeks when a new one came out. I even like escalations but escalations with time-lock is an awful idea considering how much trial & error and instafail they are.

Hoping this info is wrong so will try it out myself.

Bebpo

« Reply #301 on: January 20, 2022, 02:19:00 PM »
Yeah, sounds like they brought back elusives in the worst way possible as a linear unfun mode aimed only at the top 1% expert players instead of you know just having a fun mode to replay the great elusive missions they've made over 5-6 years.

https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/elusive-target-arcade/12548/364

Ugh.

Will try VR a bit and then uninstall it again.

*edit* oh and you can't unlock any of the ET suits from the mode either.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 02:38:31 PM by Bebpo »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #302 on: January 20, 2022, 03:47:31 PM »
Ioi fucking up the steam release too, this company management is such horrible ass
What

Bebpo

« Reply #303 on: January 20, 2022, 04:58:14 PM »
And the GOG version is Epic launcher only

And they raised the price of the game on Epic Store to match Steam/GOG  :lol

Yeah, they make these fantastic games but they also keep fucking everything up.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #304 on: January 20, 2022, 08:07:12 PM »
It's amazing how many simple wins IOI has at their disposal and they routinely fuck up EVERY SINGLE ONE of them
itm

Bebpo

« Reply #305 on: January 20, 2022, 10:04:14 PM »
Tried the Elusive arcade. Was bugged so two of them were already greyed out. Did the other, cleared the 1st phase vs one target, then died on the next. As much as I hate how they've done it I guess at least it's a chance to play the elusive missions you missed when they come around and if they are in the first phase of a target group.

They seem to be missing their movies though which were helpful in figuring out their locations. Mostly terrible.

Also tried VR mode and can't get it working in Index, but will keep trying. The headset worked and I saw my hands but none of the buttons worked and I couldn't move or do anything.

Bebpo

« Reply #306 on: January 20, 2022, 10:15:05 PM »
Ok, got VR working but these controls are a mess. I'm over this.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #307 on: January 20, 2022, 10:41:13 PM »
That's disappointing, i hope they patch that (or someone mods it proper).

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #308 on: January 21, 2022, 03:16:59 AM »
Ok, got VR working but these controls are a mess. I'm over this.

I'm holding an amazing 5fps on my 3070 so I can't even tell you if the controls are fucked before throwing up.

pilonv1

« Reply #309 on: January 21, 2022, 05:51:21 AM »
Went to check the Elusive Target Arcade and somehow had failed one of them without even attempting it ::)
itm

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #310 on: February 19, 2022, 04:37:36 PM »
What

pilonv1

« Reply #311 on: March 03, 2022, 11:31:49 PM »
https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-year-2-march-roadmap/

Sounds like they're fixing the Elusive Target Arcade fuck up
itm

Bebpo

« Reply #312 on: March 03, 2022, 11:51:38 PM »
Still gotta do 3 in a row, but once the extra stuff is optional at least it's fun again.

Bebpo

« Reply #313 on: January 27, 2023, 12:45:15 AM »
The Rogue Campaign Freelancer mode is out. It's pretty cool, but also seems very easy to totally fail and lose almost everything. Runs can be long, though I guess once you refresh and remember how to suit only stealth assassin your way through every area you can get in and out quick.

Definitely feels like it's a worthwhile mode, but will take time to git gud to really enjoy it.

Bebpo

« Reply #314 on: January 27, 2023, 06:35:38 PM »
The more I think about freelancer mode and read some impressions, the more it's growing on me. It's really geared towards different mechanics than standard Hitman.

You don't really get any penalty for killing people or getting spotted. So given how fast you can die and lose everything, going gun-ho like Metal Gear Solid is a real option for adjusting plans on the fly.

Because you don't have silencers or coins, basic objects in the levels are suddenly way more important. Finding some banana can change everything. It really changes the flow in how you think about the maps.

Some enemies/people have items and it can be more advantageous to get gear from them instead of saving up money to buy it yourself or getting lucky in an RNG drop. For instance showdown boss stage enforcer bodyguards carry silenced pistols.

It's pretty intriguing as a mode. I like that it legit uses ALL the maps, including the DLC ones and the RNG targets combined with RNG sub-objectives for money create pretty interesting replayable gameplay. Will give it some more runs over the weekend.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #315 on: January 27, 2023, 11:20:17 PM »

pilonv1

« Reply #316 on: January 28, 2023, 05:48:25 AM »
The more I think about freelancer mode and read some impressions, the more it's growing on me. It's really geared towards different mechanics than standard Hitman.

You don't really get any penalty for killing people or getting spotted. So given how fast you can die and lose everything, going gun-ho like Metal Gear Solid is a real option for adjusting plans on the fly.

Really like this part of it. Got quite burned out on only ever trying to SASO everything because that's how you unlocked everything, and once you know where all the items are it's mostly trivial anyway. This takes away both of those issues.
itm

Bebpo

« Reply #317 on: January 29, 2023, 12:19:00 AM »
So you can cheat this by hitting alt+F4 right before you die. Takes a few mins to get back into the mission but you don't fail the campaign and lose everything.

Freelancer is still hard as shit. Can't get past the second showdown but can't stop playing it.

Bebpo

« Reply #318 on: January 29, 2023, 03:24:41 AM »
Yeah, Freelancer gets crazy stupid hard after about midway through the campaign. There's half a dozen enforcers in every room and everyone can see like beyond master difficulty mode range.

I feel like this mode was made for the people who've made the game. You really have to know every map in Hitman 1-3 absolutely perfect to get around and be flexible on the fly when shit hits the fan because you die in like 4 hits and there's a million guys.

Spent 3 hours of retries straight on the 3rd showdown in Hokkaido with like 10 suspects and a million guards and I just can't beat it no matter what gear or how many attempts I try. It's beyond my skill level and there's still a 4th tier after this!

Fun concept, but they really made this ridiculously difficult to the point of not being fun after the first tier or two. Gonna uninstall the game so I don't waste any more time on this. Thought maybe with alt+F4 saves I could beat the whole thing, but yeah, that's not happening.

I have a difficult time believing there is anyone who will be able to beat the entire campaign without quitting out. Even getting up to where I gave up, these maps were taking me 3-5 attempts each to clear.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #319 on: January 29, 2023, 03:54:17 AM »
What

Bebpo

« Reply #320 on: January 30, 2023, 12:37:37 AM »

Yo, I fucking did it. Clear run took like 5.5 hours. The campaign is fucking long.

Tips and tricks I found:

-The fact you don't fail the campaign if you die on a non-showdown is really generous and a big deal. I was on the 3rd tier and 20+ mins into a perfect stealth 4 target run on Chongqing and I drop down into the center alley below the drones since my last target is in the lab, and since opening the door with a crowbar was going to be loud and alert the two guards at the entrance I figured I'd silencer pistol bam bam them and then crowbar the door. I did that and I got shot to death from behind because I guess there was a third guard in that alley I didn't notice. I thought I failed the campaign, but forgot you don't fail it in non-showdowns and so it honestly wasn't a huge setback. Yeah I lost my only silencer pistol which sucked for a few maps until I got another one, and I lost a few useful tools and some Mercers, but it's really not a huge setback if you die on a non showdown stage. The goal of this mode is to clear the campaign, nothing else matters. You can do most maps going in naked. Keep going.

-Showdown maps are both easier and harder than normal maps. By the end of the campaign every normal map has like 4 targets and enforcers everywhere and some targets can be really tough to take out. There was one in Paris in the dining area and it seemed the only legit way unless you want to explode the whole room and all the NPCs in it was to get a waiters outift and man the bar and serve the NPC as they walk by with emetic (or poison if you think you can get away with it). Meanwhile showdown maps only really have 1 real target. Once you identify the target you can walk up and syringe or drop a rubby ducky or whatever and bam dead walk right out ez pz. The problem with showdown maps and the real difficulty besides the higher stakes that you fail the campaign if you die, is the stupid fucking running away the targets do when they get spooked. The problem is that if 3 or 4 or 9 targets start to run because some body was found somewhere on the level you've lost and it feels really bullshit. I feel like the suspects get spooked way too easy even when nothing dangerous is happening around them.

-Anyhow, because of this I felt like the hardest part of showdown maps is finding a room where you can get a guard outfit and hide the guard body in a closet. There are so many enforcers and NPCs in these rooms I found it really tough just to get an outfit. In non-showdown missions I just kill someone and take their outfit and walk away not caring if anyone finds the body later on. But once you have a good outfit I feel like the showdown missions aren't bad. Watch the tells and appearance and take them out. Also there's no real penalty for taking out the wrong one so when it comes down to the few that hit all the appearances just take them all out as long as it doesn't spook the others into running.

-I found that the only things that really matter are silenced weapons, remote bombs and emetics. Remote bombs are so incredibly useful, I basically bombed my way through the Freelancer campaign. Just walking past a target, dropped a remote bomb, walking away and triggering it and escaping takes out almost every target. I always went for remote bombs in the RNG cases after a mission and I always brought one with me. Hell on the 3rd showdown mission for me in Miami there was a time where 3 purple suspects walked out of a door side by side, I didn't even take out the camera and look, I just threw a hail mary rubby ducky and hoped one was the real target and boom! success. Lucky, but also made the map go extremely quick.

-Mercers are helpful but not super important, always check the courier early on each map. The tool items are really cheap like 500-3,000 mercers. So you probably have enough to buy some tools and often there's an extra remote bomb you can get or emetic poison. I never really bought weapons. I never found a use for bringing a specific weapon in like a sniper rifle because you never know what part of the map you'll spawn on and where your targets will be. But every map I bought lots and lots of tools and used them.

-When choosing which syndicate, I stopped choosing the syndicate by the playstyle and sub-objectives and started choosing them by the maps. All my rage deaths yesterday were on Hokkaido and Colorado. So I made it my mission for these runs today to never take a syndicate that had Hokkaido or Colorado in the group. I really think that's what helped me clear. I still got some maps that I think were pretty tough, though some of it was because I didn't remember the maps that well. I got Marrakesh as my 2nd to last map in the entire campaign and I haven't done that map since Hitman 1 and barely remembered how to get around. My final target never left the 2nd floor of the consulate and once I got in there I couldn't remember or figure out how to get to the 2nd floor with the two frisking guards on each stairs so I ended up walking up to one and dropping a napolean blownapart and walking away and blowing him up and then waiting for things to calm a bit and then run up that staircase that now didn't have a frisker. My Bangkok run was also pretty rough since I hadn't done that map in forever and had some pretty difficult targets that never left bodyguards. Definitely had some extremely messy runs that were super close.

-Don't just choose the syndicate based on the maps, choose the syndicate based on the map you want to save for your showdown map. For instance in the final group of 5 I saved Dubai for the final campaign map because Dubai, no matter how many enforcers there are, is one of the easiest maps to get around, especially with disguises. And yeah, it wasn't too bad. Yesterday when I was doing Colorado and Hokkaido for my Showdown maps they were miserable. Fuck doing that again.

-OBJECTIVES. Sometimes I'd do them, sometimes they'd counteract each other (i.e. kill target with poison and kill target with non-silenced gun and there's only 1 target) and most of the prestige ones are bullshit, though the stealth assassin one is doable if you don't mind going slow and careful but honestly that can be less fun so I don't typically bother with it. I think the easiest one outside the safe one (which is the absolutely best prestige objective, but it only comes up rarely and doesn't always match up with a map that actually has a safe! - always double check that, I did Marrakesh with that prestige objective and discovered there was no safe in Marrakesh!), is the collateral accident one. This is because you can knock out your target and the nearest NPC and drag them somewhere alone and just put down a fire extinguisher or whatever and shoot it and get your +2,500 mercer. The timer ones are ridiculous and in my experience make you play sloppy and probably die.

-Safes are the bestttt. Especially if you're hoarding remote explosives. I never looked for clues. I'd just find them and clear the room and throw an explosive and get some free mercers.

I think that's about it. Mainly, pick your maps, pick your showdown, don't worry about dying in non-showdown maps, check the courier first thing and buy lots of tools, remote explosions are your best friends, get a silencer as soon as you can from assassin enemies, on showdown maps hide the bodies and be careful of causing the targets to run, go for safes and safe prestige objectives if possible, otherwise do the objectives you can but don't stress over the objectives or prestige objectives.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #321 on: January 30, 2023, 04:32:56 AM »
What a boss bepbo
What

Snoopycat_

« Reply #322 on: February 12, 2023, 08:00:29 PM »
Finally beat Freelancer. Kind of disappointed there wasn't a trophy for it but I got bunch of mercers and a cool legendary sniper. I never use the guns because I'm afraid I'll fuck up the mission and lose them. Anyway I found it was best to choose the maps you know and ignore the objectives the further you get in, unless they're easy. I got spotted all the time because I was focusing so much on doing the prestige things to get cash. So I stopped doing them and pretty much sailed through it all after that.

Bebpo

« Reply #323 on: February 12, 2023, 11:03:28 PM »
Finally beat Freelancer. Kind of disappointed there wasn't a trophy for it but I got bunch of mercers and a cool legendary sniper. I never use the guns because I'm afraid I'll fuck up the mission and lose them. Anyway I found it was best to choose the maps you know and ignore the objectives the further you get in, unless they're easy. I got spotted all the time because I was focusing so much on doing the prestige things to get cash. So I stopped doing them and pretty much sailed through it all after that.

Congrats!

Yeah, same. For the most part just do the objectives that are easy and on your way. And yeah, stick with maps you're good at, especially for showdowns.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #324 on: February 13, 2023, 06:39:43 AM »

Congrats!

Yeah, same. For the most part just do the objectives that are easy and on your way. And yeah, stick with maps you're good at, especially for showdowns.

I really like Hokkaido for the showdown because you can get the Director's disguise straight away and there's lots of areas to hide bodies. The only ones I avoid are Ambrose and Colorado. There's too many open spaces and npcs. I'm hoping the devs find a way to reduce their laser vision because the number of times I've been spotted through closed doors and behind walls have been ridiculous.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 08:27:10 AM by Snoopycat_ »