Author Topic: Hitman  (Read 31293 times)

Bebpo

Re: Hitman
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2017, 10:11:53 PM »
Got my Suit Only SA on Patient Zero. Game is really satisfying when you figure out your own path and get SA and then go further and figure out Suit only SA (Sniper Assassin can be fun to figure out too). My one complaint on Elusives in general is that having only one chance sorta takes away from the fun of spending hours figuring out your SA path. I mean you can do that and just keep quitting out if you're discovered, but it's kinda annoying and one fuck up and you lose the mission. If I was better at Hitman I'd probably be more cool with Elusives, but half the time I can't even find them and end up using a guide if I want SA. Otherwise I just drop a cell phone bomb or rubber ducky or snipe with silenced pistol and run.

Time to move on and do House Built on Sand & Landslide and then will be mostly caught up until S2! Though I still have a bunch of Escalations to get through at some point in the meantime.

Bebpo

« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2017, 10:51:12 PM »
Ok, so I tried a run on The House of Sand in night Marrakesh and Landslide in Sapienza over the weekend. House of Sand was cool, but seemed kinda easy. Lots of opportunities along the way just following the targets. Got SA on my first run. Landslide though...only one target but all the stuff I thought of doing didn't pan out. Trying it again now to try to find an opening. The atmosphere in Landslide, Sapienza during festival with the music playing on the beach is incredibly atmospheric. I think it's the best atmosphere Hitman's had this season. Really amazing how cool the game can be.

Now I just gotta figure out a way to take out this guy! ><

Also the game hard crashed my entire computer (not just the game) just now on Landslide. Was weird, never seen a game lock the entire computer like that.

*edit* Ok, got my SA in Landslide. That was fun. Yeah the concert at sunset was awesome. Took a look at the challenges and tons of stuff in this one. Pretty great. I kinda feel like Marrakesh at night is a little too much "just Marrakesh" compared to the really different stuff The Icon & Landslide bring to Sapienza.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 11:17:49 PM by Bebpo »

Borealis

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2018, 12:40:33 PM »

With more Hitman 2 stuff to be announced soon: :lawd
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 12:44:51 PM by Borealis »

Borealis

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2018, 10:16:43 AM »

Colombia's looking very good, can't wait. :pitbull

Borealis

« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2018, 12:59:21 PM »
This I like most:

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2018, 02:41:53 PM »
Just wish they would bring Jesper Kyd back as well..

It was the best music
What

Bebpo

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2018, 12:42:22 PM »
So with Hitman 2 almost out, I'm finishing up the last couple items I never really fully completed (aka, learning the maps well enough for all achievement kills and exit locations). Just had House Built on Sand (Night Marrakesh) and Landslide (Sapienza) left. Pretty much did everything else in all the other main maps, bonus maps, patient zero maps in my 100+ hours.

I'm hoping that when Hitman 2 comes out they just open up all the elusives from Hitman 1. Even on the 2nd go around I still missed like 6. I'm fine with Elusives being 1 chance only, but this whole "one every two weeks for a few days" schedule is lame because maybe you're on vacation or busy with work/school or something. Anyhow it's not a huge deal since I got so.much.content out of Hitman 2016, but some of the elusive missions were quite good and it'd be nice to play the last few I missed.

Anyhow I haven't watched any media from Hitman 2 because I want to go into all these maps fresh like Hitman 2016 and explooooore. Pretty f-ing hyped for this. As long as they don't do anything to fuck it up, this should be another amazing 100 hours+ of the best stealth assassinations ever.

*edit* finished all the kills on Night Marrakesh. Now just gotta do Landslide sometime this week before H2 comes out.

*edit* finished up Landslide. That was a really good map. The sci-fi movie one is fun but it's really small and night Marrakesh was just alright. Landslide makes nice use of the office buildings (finally), church/graveyard. Great map. Now I'm ready for Hitman 2!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 12:26:51 AM by Bebpo »

Borealis

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2018, 01:06:07 AM »
So with Hitman 2 almost out, I'm finishing up the last couple items I never really fully completed (aka, learning the maps well enough for all achievement kills and exit locations). Just had House Built on Sand (Night Marrakesh) and Landslide (Sapienza) left. Pretty much did everything else in all the other main maps, bonus maps, patient zero maps in my 100+ hours.

I'm hoping that when Hitman 2 comes out they just open up all the elusives from Hitman 1. Even on the 2nd go around I still missed like 6. I'm fine with Elusives being 1 chance only, but this whole "one every two weeks for a few days" schedule is lame because maybe you're on vacation or busy with work/school or something. Anyhow it's not a huge deal since I got so.much.content out of Hitman 2016, but some of the elusive missions were quite good and it'd be nice to play the last few I missed.

Anyhow I haven't watched any media from Hitman 2 because I want to go into all these maps fresh like Hitman 2016 and explooooore. Pretty f-ing hyped for this. As long as they don't do anything to fuck it up, this should be another amazing 100 hours+ of the best stealth assassinations ever.

*edit* finished all the kills on Night Marrakesh. Now just gotta do Landslide sometime this week before H2 comes out.

*edit* finished up Landslide. That was a really good map. The sci-fi movie one is fun but it's really small and night Marrakesh was just alright. Landslide makes nice use of the office buildings (finally), church/graveyard. Great map. Now I'm ready for Hitman 2!

With the use of non-mansion spaces and lawyer + priest opportunities, I think I like Landslide even more than The World of Tomorrow.

Bebpo

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2018, 02:43:04 AM »
Yeah, plus the sunset time of day looks gorgeous and the concert music is very awesome. Definitely has more atmosphere and feels more alive than the normal map.

Bebpo

« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2018, 11:31:09 PM »
Game is out if you have the Gold Edition (which includes 2 DLC expansion locations, so pretty much worth it if you're into it)

Just starting :o

Bebpo

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2018, 01:24:19 AM »
So none of your stuff from Hitman 2016 carries over. Say goodbye to all your cool inventory. Also the 2016 stages are included if you own it but you lose all your save progress and start at lvl.1 mastery with 0 challenges down. Oh well.

Game looks nice, UI is jazzed up. Some parts of it feel a lot more mainstream/newbie friendly. You can hide in foilage now and blend in crowds just like AC.

Training map is ok, it's a lot smaller than the training in 2016. Also feels more scripted like a cinematic hollywood AAA stealth game.
But then Miami feels back to 2016 big ass sandbox with a lotta cool stuff.

Also they renamed opportunities to "character stories" just because idk.

Also no escalations yet for S2, supposedly they're adding them, but right now it's just the main missions. There's also a version of the Sniper Assassin game from mobile here and a multiplayer competitive scoring mode called Ghost Mode which I'll try at some point.

First Elusive is kill Sean Bean. Coming in 11 days.

Borealis

« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2018, 05:56:56 AM »
Yeah, big bummer with the absence of progress from S1 transferring over.

Up to Colombia and having a blast with most stuff so far, Miami was fairly massive and did a solid job of dropping the framerates. Definitely feels like the menu runs smoother compared to S1 however.

The foliage and reflections in that NZ map were pretty ace, but it's you're right fairly limited; would actually want to see a beach party mission remix out of that.

I'm also very much digging the little things, e.g. 47 picking locks while crouched, new animations, the moments of banter here and there etc.

The remastered maps are very much welcome, there's just a fk load of content and I think the unlocks apply to all maps(?).

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2018, 07:40:20 AM »
Can you shoot while dragging a body yet like you could back in Hitman 2?
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2018, 12:34:33 PM »
Game is out if you have the Gold Edition (which includes 2 DLC expansion locations, so pretty much worth it if you're into it)

Early access if you pay more

fuck that shit just gonna pirate this then
What

Bebpo

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2018, 03:31:54 PM »
Yeah, that's kinda lame but I mean if you really like Hitman 2016/H2 you're going to pay the extra $40 for the 2 DLC locations anyhow, so eh.

My end total on Hitman 2016 purchases to get all the content was like $110. Was worth it though, got 113 hours out of it. So I don't mind spending $100 on S2 assuming I'll get as much mileage.

Bebpo

« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2018, 09:15:21 PM »
Finished all the challenges on the tutorial Hawke's Bay map and ran a suit only SA on master difficulty run. Stage is eh, nothing too interesting. Couple of fun kills but waiting for the target to walk their routine to get to some of them is zzz. Also not a fan of the randomization where the guy making tea could go with sugar or honey. Works ok with save/reload but in an elusive or escalation with no save points that's lame that you can blow it because something random. Also the exit is zzz like Colorado in 2016. Still it's just a tutorial map, but I'm ready to dive head on into Miami this weekend for some deeper and more fun Hitman.

fwiw I never messed around with Professional difficulty when they patched it in to 2016, but I like how in Master difficulty (the equivalent here) of the tutorial map the lockpick is gone. Which means you're more limited in pathways which makes it a little more interesting. I abuse the fuck out of lockpick in 2016 and go everywhere haha

Also, all that waiting in Hawke's Bay reminds me that I'd really like a fast-forward button in this game, maybe just disable it for elusives.

I do like the new kill-cam and body-found cam. The first is nice for when you get kills but have to be out of view, so you still see them. The latter is nice so when it says BODY FOUND you aren't like WTF GAME WHY ARE YOU GLITCHING?? Since you can now see what body they are talking about.

Bebpo

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2018, 02:28:58 AM »
Wait, they count the training stage as one of the 6 locations in this one???
Ok, that's pretty bullshit. Hitman 2 definitely has less content than 2016 did.

2016 had 6 full size stages + 2 training stages (one small, one medium size) + escalations at launch.

H2 has 5 full size stages (the Whittleton Creek one seems smaller with only a lvl.15 max instead of lvl.20 too) + 1 small training stage + no escalations.

So if the 2 DLC locations are legit full locations, H2 will end up with 7 full size stages for $100. Eh, I mean at the end of the day Hitman 2 almost didn't exist and the series almost died after 2016, so I'll take any Hitman I can get, but definitely seems less content for whatever reasons.

Bebpo

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2018, 04:28:59 AM »
Did my first clear of Miami. Just fucking around, no opportunities or anything. Had some good fun and ended up stumbling into an opportunity kill anyhow for 1 of the targets. Going to stick on Miami for a while, but I did peak into Columbia and just ran around shooting to check out the map and it seems pretty cool and different from the 2016 maps.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2018, 09:19:04 PM »

lol what a bitch. pay the extra 40 bucks if you wanna play it so bad or wait four days, like an adult

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2018, 06:14:23 AM »

lol what a bitch. pay the extra 40 bucks if you wanna play it so bad or wait four days, like an adult

Or they could just release the game for everyone when its done instead of this pay more to play now bs.

Deep sale
What

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2018, 07:35:27 AM »

Or they could just release the game for everyone when its done instead of this pay more to play now bs.

Deep sale
i mean if you're following the history of the company there's a very obvious reason they'd want to motivate people to buy the CE asap, and it's not like they're upcharging just for 4 days early access - you get it with the version that includes the season pass. not being able to wait a few days is kind of a shitty, childish reason to jump to piracy, esp for a game that's had pretty heavy discounts on preorders anyway

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2018, 08:00:27 AM »
Oh well it's already cracked anyway  :lol

I'll buy it eventually though, as I have every HITMAN game on Steam.
What

Bebpo

« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2018, 11:06:33 AM »
Mickey Mouse'd my way through a suit only sniper assassin run in Miami. That was fun. Sniping the car took a few reloads to get the timing right.

Bebpo

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2018, 06:45:59 PM »
I don't know why but I'm going back and replaying the old Hitman 1 maps that I already put 100+ hours into.

Still exploring Miami, keep finding new areas. Pretty happy with the size and variety of the map, hopefully there's ways to make use of all the areas with these 2 targets since there's no escalations yet.

Borealis

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2018, 11:56:40 PM »
Would've liked more exits for Nightcall, think a neighbouring house would add heaps to the sandbox. I do like the idea of a level populating with characters after you've infiltrated it.

Got to say, the succeeding levels are just packed to the brim with content and layers. Some, denser than others, but great nonetheless while making up for Nightcall's lack of replayability. 

Bebpo

« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2018, 12:47:23 AM »
Yeah, Nightcall needs a closer exit for replayability, but obviously it's meant as a scripted tutorial for the exit.

Bebpo

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2018, 02:18:50 AM »
hehehe, Florida Man outfit  :lol

I think I'm probably gonna stick with Miami and do all the challenges and then give some time before jumping to the next map. I really liked the episodic format of the last one and don't want to just rush through it and beat all the stages a bunch of times in the first week or two and then be done outside elusives.

Bebpo

« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2018, 11:25:44 PM »
Hit lvl.20 Mastery in Miami, just have a few kills left to figure out (eye drops, helicopter, aquarium) and a few discoveries like where the fuck are the sewers and what that race security computer does if I get the dongle. Probably put 10 hours into the map already. Definitely starting to feel comfortable in moving around it avoiding cameras, not getting spotted, grabbing outfits and items when needed. Feeling ready for the elusive.

It's a good/great map and has a ton of potential so I hope there's a bunch of elusives/escalations to make use of it.

Gonna hold off on Colombia for a few weeks while I get back to playing RDR2/Cold Steel 4, I get way to into these maps and don't want to burn out. The episodic format was the best.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2018, 11:50:06 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2018, 04:24:18 PM »
Almost have every challenge in Miami. Just need to do the sub-story involving the interrogation and watch the Flamingo sub-story play out from afar for the 2 outcomes. Miami's a great map and there's so much potential for it with Elusives and escalations. Killing people with starfish is da best!

I did one sloppy run of Colombia just to check it out and get a few levels of mastery. Initially I'm not super big on it coming from the really well connected Miami. Colombia kinda feels like a poor mans MGS with all the hiding in foilage. But hopefully as I learn more about the map and the opportunities and kills I'll dig it more.

Bebpo

« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2018, 01:52:05 PM »
On Miami down to 2 final challenges, Chameleon because I'm missing 3 stupid outfits that I'm just gonna have to FAQ (never had this much trouble getting chameleon challenge in any S1 map, no idea what I'm missing)

And SOSA Master difficulty. I did the No Evidence SA run on Master difficulty and it was pretty challenging (and fun to figure out). I've seen some SOSA Master difficulty speedruns but they use inhuman accuracy and precision which I do not have, so I need to figure out a slower but more doable way to get this.

Funny enough, the entire 2 years I played S1 I don't think I ever got every challenge on a stage before. I got most of them, but I didn't go for 100%, but I'm definitely enjoying it and might go back to the S1 stages and 100% them as well. In S1 I'd use the escalations as kinda the post-mission challenges, but since there's no escalations yet I'm getting that through the main mission challenges.

What's interesting is when they added Master difficulty in S1 (professional there), I never touched it because it just sounded like it made the stages more frustrating. But I'm finding once you really learn a stage and are great it, jumping in and trying to do the SA/Sniper/SOSA challenges in master is a lot of fun because you already know the stages but the little changes will surprise you and make you think and it's fun finding new solutions. Like in Miami when going for no evidence run, for Robert was gonna use the octane booster kill, but...all the octane boosters in the stage are gone :o outside the one in the glass surrounded by people :o Which adds an extra challenge if you wanna go that route since you need to steal it.

But yeah what I love about this new take on Hitman is that you really feel your skills progress. When I think back to 20 hours ago doing first runs in Miami wandering around lost, to now when I'm running around suit only climbing pipes, disabling camera systems, getting outfits and hiding bodies all with finese and being a silent ninja, feels good!

Bebpo

« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2018, 03:17:43 PM »
Got my Master SASO on Miami and found the last 3 costumes I needed (Blue Seed Driver, Chef, Aeon Driver). Aeon Driver is waaaaaay too hidden.

Alright, now on to Colombia challenges!

Bebpo

« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2018, 08:47:39 PM »
Starting to get the hang of Colombia. Mastery lvl.12 now. I know where at least one security camera evidence machine is and multiple ways to kill Rico and Andrea and Jorge. The level is solid but it's definitely overwhelming at first with 3 targets each with a half-dozen ways to kill them and running between all of it. Got my SA on my previous run, so now I need to get the rest of the kills to figure out what the best way for a suit only SA would be. Seems tough? I'll need to figure out either how to get a caves keycard to get to the evidence machine in the caves or find another evidence machine to turn off the cameras.

I looked at all the challenges at this point and there's a lot of fun ones to do. I'll probably go for all of them in Colombia, go for a suit only SA, a sniper assassin, and then go for a master difficulty of both of those before moving on.

Did the Sean Bean elusive, I dunno how I feel about the intro video spoiling various ways to do the kill. Seems a bit much handholding but maybe it's just because it's the first one to introduce new players on elusives. Also he doesn't seem to do much, just walk back and forth between 2 rooms. Kinda simple. I did it the really slow SA way by knocking out every scientist/guard in the robotic room one by one to do the pen/eye kill and hide the body and leave. Probably should've just drugged his coffee but wasn't sure if I'd get an alert doing it with all those people in the room.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2018, 08:05:05 PM »
This game rules

Bebpo

« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2018, 12:40:33 AM »
Almost done 100%-ing Colombia

My advice is...don't do this. So Colombia was made by Sumo Digital, who also did Colorado (the worst stage) in Hitman 2016. Colombia is an alright map if you're just going for fun kills and some secrets, but goddamn the challenges are awful. So much time-wasting tedious really pain in the ass stuff. I've spent hours and hours doing unfun tedious work just to check off the challenges. Unlike Miami where they were almost all fun to do, Colombia is just a pain in the ass and shows the difference in design skill between IOI and Sumo Digital when it comes to Hitman.

Just have one realllllly long and annoying challenge to do and then SOSA run on professional & master difficulty and then I will be glad to gtfo of Colombia and onto Mumbai. 100%-ing Miami was a blast, 100%-ing Colombia has almost burnt me out on this game :\

Borealis

« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2018, 07:43:41 AM »
Yeah, feels like Sumo weren't completely aligned with what IO wanted best. Case in point: the litany of (unnecessary, imo) specific exit point challenges IO were wise to remove from the Legacy maps and their own maps. Either that, or Sumo were just challenge padding.

Another issue I have with Sumo's work is the much more organic nature of NPC interactions IO nailed in Miami or Mumbai for example. Often the mission stories in Colombia are totally dependent on 47's intervention and can't progress otherwise (say, actually fixing the hippy's souvenir and letting that play out).

I don't mind the map layout, and little mechanics like kicking the log to create movement space across the river stream are great, but the whole package definitely feels like Sumo are one step behind in some departments. Another niggle I have is the fact that 47 doesn't actually have to pay for the glue (i.e. giving a coin to the NPC as long as you have one in the inventory), even though that mechanic exists in some form on IO's other maps. 

I think you'll enjoy Mumbai and beyond much more. 

If anything, what's slowing down my playtime on this are the performance issues. But, I expect that to be addressed sooner than later.

Bebpo

« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2018, 01:25:11 PM »
Yeah, I noticed the glue thing too. Like you can use coins on the jukebox to get P-power away but you can't pay a coin for glue? Also like you said a lot of stuff (almost everything) sits and waits for 47 to do everything in Colombia. Like you can't just give glue to the hippie (who asks you for it!), you can't just wake up the band and get the ceremony going on its own, you can't help get the sub stuff going without you, etc...

The only scripted event you can make do without 47 is the Hippo, which surprised me since nothing else scripted will run without 47 I never even thought to just toss a meaty bone in and see if the Hippo would play out on its own.

Funny enough it feels like the only reason they let that one play out is to give an easy Suit Only SA kill for Rico because otherwise it's pretty challenging to get inside his loop in SOSA and take him out. I stayed up kinda late last night thinking "what the hell, I've just spent all night finishing these tedious challenges, might as well give SOSA a try on professional & then master" and beat both after a few hours. I didn't know about the hippo thing so Rico was pretty tough, Jorge and that field with 360 vision from guards is pretty tough too, especially on Master with only one save. The problem with the field is it's just a big open space where everyone can see everywhere when you're not just ducking in foilage so since you can't see 360 at all times I had more than a few times getting spotted and losing 10+ mins on a master SOSA run.

Like you said Colombia just doesn't feel very organic, feels piece-mealed around 47's activities which is just off a bit. And the challenges by Sumo Digital just get it wrong sometimes. Like now that I'm done with master SOSA, all I have left is Sniper Assassin Professional/Master and Hero to the People challenge.

Now the Hero to the People challenge is kinda everything wrong with Sumo's challenges. It's an easy challenge to do all the scripted events in one run, but goddamn is that going to take a long as time just to check off a challenge box. There's no difficulty/challenge to pulling it off, it's just long and boring. The 3 Hippo one was the same, it wasn't particularly clever or challenging, it was just a long non-organic drag everyone around. Even the Fly Trap one where you knock down different types of guards, the street soldier one, at least going by the one youtube runs recommend is really inconsistent and I got seen like 20+ times in save/reloads before getting him in the water unseen with perfect timing. Same with Exit, Stage Left where you have to knock the statue down on both Andrea and Rico, the timing window is ridiculously tiny when Andrea walks by after Damnit Drumroll. I had to save/reload for like 10-15 mins over and over again before landing it. That's not fun, that's annoying and tedious to check off a box. I never felt IOI challenges in Hitman S1 or Miami were like that. Just feels like Sumo Digital while an alright B-studio for Hitman doesn't quite get what makes Hitman so much fun and not a pain in the butt.

Will do the sniper assassin and hero to the people later today if I've got time and then off to Mumbai.

If anything, what's slowing down my playtime on this are the performance issues. But, I expect that to be addressed sooner than later.

So the oddest thing but the recent patch that came with the Sean Bean elusive really improved performance for my rig. Runs really smooth now.

kingv

« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2018, 03:38:08 PM »
I’m trying to figure out why they needed to outsource development in a game that has like 5 levels.

Bebpo

« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2018, 04:42:18 PM »

Ok, did decently fast Sniper SA run on Master Colombia. I actually found a nice new way to SA Andrea, if I crouch right outside the window behind her when she's on the 2nd floor and then when she turns to walk away if I stand up for a second she gets a ? and comes out to that spot on the balcony. Leave a briefcase or weapon there and she stops and picks it up and stands on the balcony for a perfect shot, no one ever looks that way or goes there so the body remains hidden the whole time.

My Sniper SA was almost suit-only, did the hippo kill for Rico and Jorge sniped in his hut after getting rid of the engineer. Grabbed a mansion suit though just because I hate the run from the hippo enclosure across the back waterway suit only. I get spotted way too often, so mansion suit made it easier to cross.

Getting more comfortable with Colombia in Master mode but yeah I tried to take out Rico with a sniper from afar and still got spotted. Feels like it's not worth going for anything other than the Hippo with him in an SA run.

I’m trying to figure out why they needed to outsource development in a game that has like 5 levels.

Each level is like 1/6th the size of an entire sandbox game in Hitman 1. Hitman 2 is as well outside New Zealand tutorial stage.

Bebpo

« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2018, 05:29:50 PM »
Started Mumbai, really cool looking city.

Also had hilarious thing happen:

I see an actor in a crow outfit throwing up and I push him in a river. An NPC walking by over the bridge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sees me so I shoot him and then it goes 47 you have just killed the maelstrom

lol

Out of all the hundreds of random NPCs on the map, the first on I randomly kill is him.

Sad part is now I miss the whole mechanics to figure out who he is (I'll still go through them to check them out) because now I know who he is and his route. I even tried it again to see if the mission randomly assigns him to a different NPC each run, but nope killed the same npc over the bridge and it was him again. Oh well, kinda amazing and kinda sad.

If the mechanic behind his identity was randomized somewhat it would've been cool in a Westwood Blade Runner way.
[close]

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2018, 11:21:35 AM »
After playing the free 'demo' I bought it, since you cant unlock anything in the 'free' version and that was pissing me off lol.
What

Bebpo

« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2018, 09:39:17 PM »
Finished first sloppy run of Mumbai, was a lot of fun! I'm starting to play in Master difficulty only right from the start. Having only one save makes it more intense and things like shooting/stabbing people ruining their outfits so you gotta pacify them adds a little extra challenge.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2018, 07:00:43 AM »
So i've been playing some of this recently (got it on launch, but had to work, and finish RDR2).
I've got to Mumbai so far  (barely tried it), and it's just as good as Hitman 2016 (which was that year's GOTY) even though i'm encountering way more bugs in this one, which is unfortunate.
Miami was obviously amazing, and even though i didn't like the piss filter in Colombia, some of the zones in that map were alright, too.

So far the real shame is the first level; i think i liked the look of it more than any other level i've ever seen in a Hitman game (aside from maybe the Beldingford Manor in Contracts), and it's just a shitty tiny ass tutorial level.
The clouds, the wind, the beach at night, the minimalist house, it's very cool looking level, and i wish they had made it a proper one.
On that note, it's a bummer how they resort to piss filtering anything south of the equator, since it ends up visually blending all those location together.

Anyway, the game it's a blast so far.

I didn't know about that Sumo digital trivia up thread, i just assumed they had helped with some asset creation and such, interesting.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2018, 11:39:57 AM »
I already did all the levels and think the "another life" is the best map and also the gothic castle. Another Life is a clear sequel to "A New Life" from Blood Money. And the castle seems to remind me of the Heaven & Hell level from Blood Money as well, I guess it's the masks.

At least they came through with the soundtrack, bringing back some of those jesper kyd feels.

Still miss those soundtracks, they were so fucking good

I really love that dark gothic esque shit with people chanting. I dont know how to call it?

The score was performed jointly with the Budapest Symphony Orchestra and the Hungarian Radio Choir. It features Kyd's trademark ambience and dark, foreboding arrangements with the choral parts in deep brooding Latin.

I guess recording it from a symphony orchestra, it's going to sound so good compared to HITMAN ost.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 12:21:27 PM by MMaRsu »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2018, 12:04:13 PM »

Bonus David Bateson as 47 appearance!!!
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2018, 12:22:44 PM »
One thing I have to say as a Hitman fan, I do feel that the HITMAN entry and this make you feel too much like a good guy.

I like 47 more as a deadly agent from the shadows. Killing whomever he gets a contract for if the pay is good enough.

In these new games it's always a really bad person who I have to kill, and it makes me feel like a good guy for killing them.

That's kind of a bummer.
What

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2018, 07:44:02 PM »
Man I really love these games (except for Absolution, which was trash-o).

Got to play 2 at my buddy's place. That USA suburbs map is fuckin' awesome.

Bebpo

« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2018, 08:30:32 PM »
One thing I have to say as a Hitman fan, I do feel that the HITMAN entry and this make you feel too much like a good guy.

I like 47 more as a deadly agent from the shadows. Killing whomever he gets a contract for if the pay is good enough.

In these new games it's always a really bad person who I have to kill, and it makes me feel like a good guy for killing them.

That's kind of a bummer.

I totally understand this, but I always like being the good guy (or grey area anti-hero) so I am ok with the change. I never really got into the Hitman games before Blood Money (messed around with them at the time but no idea about what the stories were about) and never played Absolution, so I really like the goofy comedy good guy 47 who just happens to shoot bystanders who see him throw screwdrivers into people's heads vibe of the last 2 games.

And yeah, been going back and doing some master professional runs of the old maps and between all the S1 content + S2 content this is pretty much one of the best gaming packages ever. Easily in my top10 of all time.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2018, 01:04:10 PM »
Id reccommend playing blood money again, contracts is pretty good too. Cant play with a controller tho
What

Bebpo

« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2018, 12:16:20 PM »
So I'm pretty much at the point where I feel that if Hitman 2 platform (including 1 legacy stuff) is supported, this is pretty much the best game ever made. Aka, if they add lots of escalations/elusives, 2 quality full size more maps DLC, keep up the featured contracts, bug fixes/polish.

If not and this is it, it's still one of the like top20 games of all time, easy. I can do pretty much anything in this game and have a blast. Like yesterday I blew through most of the featured contracts so far and they were fun (though a couple were real short). I really wish on user contracts you can FORCE requirements like escalations do. The whole "costume/kill type is optional" thing takes away a bit, but I'm trying to force myself to complete the objectives correctly. I don't like the driver one where you basically have to stack the bodies and put a propane tank near them, that's dumb. I think all kill methods should be doable within the enemy routine and not just let's stack knocked out bodies and kill them after. Like there's the car 2 of them are working on, they could have set it for accident kills, not accident explosion kills and you could drop the car on them in their routine. Oh well, I liked the Mumbai tailor one and since I'm still just learning Mumbai (with opportunities off/master difficulty) it helped me learn a new opportunity with the tailor.

Did a Mumbai run doing the tailor method after that (which was fun) and then the actor one for the director. Not sure where the kill opportunity is there, ended up just taking out some bodyguards and killing him.

Mumbai is awesome though. Probably closest to Sapienza equivalent in S2 so far without having done the final map. It's visually not as vacation-y as beautiful beach town Sapienza, and maybe it's smaller? But it's really sprawling and well designed with cool unique locations and very tourist-y theme. Like it a lot.

Bebpo

« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2018, 02:42:08 PM »

Got my Master mode SA in Mumbai, I'm sure I could shave time off but I haven't even done half the opportunities so I just went for an SA once I found a couple I thought would work.

Some frustrating bits on Master, I feel like that mode is still a bit buggy and a single save just makes it worse. I had a bunch of restarts because of some random AI behavior where I'd do the same thing over and over but sometimes a guard would get alerted or someone would see behind them. I think most of it comes down to Master mode's sound effects being a much bigger deal. But even then sometimes I'd drop a body a few feet and the guard nearby wouldn't notice and every once and a while on a run they would. Just some odd stuff. They even hear necks cracking which cost me like 10-15 mins of a retry :(

The route I did for Mumbai SA is:

Follow crow guy into alley way, KO him when guard is turned and dump body under bridge, take outfit
KO guard and dump body under bridge
Go grab the cerulean cloth because time to kill
Head back to the alley where the bodies are dumped and distract main pirate target guy
Wait for holy man to walk by (this doesn't seem to work well on Master mode, was kinda a mess separating them)
KO pirate target in alley, break neck and dump body under the bridge (had one time where the holy man all the way across the bridge somehow looked back??? and saw me KO this guy wtf)

That's was the tough part because a lot of randomness in NPC behaviors there on master, on professional seemed more consistent.

Then went to the movie set, threw a coin outside the camera evidence room and ran in and deleted footage while guy went to investigate (gotta watch for 2nd guy that comes upstairs, got caught first time)
Then upstairs and do the whole movie shoot thing (not sure if there's a kill opportunity in there somewhere, will find out soon when I do the remaining opportunities)
Do the talk with director, go up to the the 5th floor
Lead director into the concealed corner behind the body guard nearest him and KO him from the back (here's where I lost 15 mins when I do a neck break and the guard turned around and saw me)
Throw a brick and knock out guard from behind, drag his body over in the concealed area.

Slide down the elevator shaft to get out, dodging guys looking out into the shaft.
Head to the tailor, go upstairs turns off the electricity and KO the tailor and hide the body and grab costume
Grab the note, some coins, head down when the upstairs guard is walking away from the lookout and trigger the talk and get frisked
Run forward and coin toss into the bushes the remaining enforcer guard and run past
Do the scripted cloth thing, get alone and kill target, knock out other person, hide both bodies

Head out through the back of the train station climbing the containers and exit
[close]

Pretty happy with that considering I've been playing with the opportunities off/master mode and figuring out all this stuff on my own. Going start doing the other scripted kill ways and see if there's quicker methods. Also gotta start figuring out some suit only ideas.

Bebpo

« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2018, 07:37:06 AM »
Finished the various opportunities and took a look at the challenges in Mumbai. I've played enough that everything makes sense on there even if I don't know how to do them yet. Very, very impressed by Mumbai. Probably my 2nd favorite Hitman level so far after Sapienza. It just feels good and there's so many interesting places within a not overly large environment. Tons of potential for good escalations in Mumbai, hope we get them.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2018, 02:05:45 PM »

The best Hitman 2 trailer.

Bebpo

« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2018, 02:40:04 PM »
Did a sniper assassin run on Mumbai yesterday. Went pretty well though with the Waz I pretty much had to just take a cheap shot and hide in a closet lol. There's an achievement to snipe all three from the beach sniper tower. Not really sure how to do that outside the producer guy who steps onto the rafters giving a clear shot. I'm guessing you need to use an opportunity first to get train gal outside and Wazir somewhere that you know is 100% him.

Also since 90% of my sniper assassin run was me running around with a giant fucking sniper rifle on my back since ladders and stuff which briefcase can't go up, I went for a suit only SA run (on professional difficulty since still figuring things out). I got Wazir on a total fluke

Did the tea setup with the old lover but didn't have any poison/rat poison because it was my first time doing this scripted part and didn't know where he'd go, but I walked by the door and he saw me and came inside to investigate so I led him upstairs with coins and took him out and hid his body in the closet.
[close]

and train gal was pretty easy with the wash area (hardest part is figuring out where to hide the body). But I spent like 20 mins trying to figure out how to SA suit only the producer and died a million times. I'm up on the 5th floor rafters where the hostage guy is trying to figure out a way to get the producer to "accidentally" fall without alerting any of the like 5 security guys around him, but I might try a different approach. Left the save at that point to pick up today.

Oh, and Mumbai is kinda interesting because with the Wazir Kale guy there's like a whole bunch of hidden opportunities to get to him, so a lot more than 7 in that stage. Really fantastic stage. I still need to figure out how to get him and train gal to meet. The sniper side story is hilarious and amazing.

For stuff like challenges/suit only/sniper kinda runs I like doing them while waiting in a lobby in an MP console game for people to join (like Monster Hunter Switch) since it can take like 20 mins and that's perfect to try to knock some of this stuff out. But can't do it on Master because it's a single save. I think if Master wasn't a single save I'd always play in Master 100% because I like some of the small changes like bloody kills ruining outfits, more security cams and more enforcers and fewer items around. But 1 save just makes it a pain in the butt a lot. Although the plus side is that it makes it more intense like an escalation/elusive since you gotta do the whole run near perfect so it's more exciting idk.

Still love this game. Will clear Mumbai eventually (no rush) and then on to Vermont. I'm guessing the 2 DLC locations are like 6 months+ away so plenty of time to finish out all the content and new escalations/elusives.

Oh, between runs on the new H2 maps I've been going back trying to do a SA run on each of the old maps (including bonus maps) to refresh the olds maps. Paris wasn't too bad because I'd played it so many times it's still pretty fresh in my head and it's a pretty straightforward map. Doing the original Sapienza story mission though...man I remember certain kills for both targets but I had totally forgotten the ways to take out the virus SA, so I just ended up going in there in a hazmat dropped a remote bomb (lol) distracting the 2 guards so I wouldn't kill them and then triggering the explosion and getting the fuck outta there. While I love Sapienza, I agree the virus part is the weak link on it. I'd say the escalations/bonus maps are better but the kills on the main 2 targets on World of Tomorrow are just so good (Plague Doctor, Observatory snipe, Golf lover, virus kills, etc...) that I still think the main mission is the best Hitman mission. Just the virus part is kinda eh. Landslide is definitely more pretty time of day and better music though!

Bebpo

« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2018, 03:57:52 PM »
Elusive 2 is up in Colombia, didn't really care for him. Only gimmick is randomly shows up at 3 spots, each surrounded by guards. Basically forced to lure them out one or two at a time, distract them and get in and poison him. I must've spent like 90 mins trying to figure this out, finally had a good run and thought I had a guard far enough looking away to poison the glass, but got seen and suspicious, ran and alert went off and he drank it and died and still got silent assassin? Weird. I thought that would count as spotted. Seems kinda broken if you can run in and poison something, get seen and run away and still get silent assassin.

Anyhow I really wish they just highlighted Elusive targets. I've had an issue with this since Season 1. I spent like the first 30-60 mins running around the map just trying to figure out where their routine is and in a big map like Colombia it's kind of a pain in the ass. I mean in every other mode (escalations, etc..) they are highlighted red, this is just dumb imo. Should be an option on/off thing.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2018, 02:21:25 AM »
Sounds like one of the Sapienza elusive targets that just walked around the mansion on a set route. Was pretty dull.
itm

Bebpo

« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2018, 01:33:31 AM »
All challenges in Mumbai done! They were pretty fun and it's such a great map with tons and tons of ways to kill each target. I'm really glad there are ways to have the targets meet each other to get double kills. Lots of funny dialogue and stories. It's such a massive map I feel like there's probably still some stuff I haven't done yet. Like I never figured out a point to the holy man outfit or ironworker outfit (is the latter just so you can walk in and color the smoke without attracting attention?).

Ready to start Vermont proper in the next few days!

Bebpo

« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2018, 08:19:55 PM »
Did my first stealthy run on Vermont then did a run on Isgail just exploring and trying to make it to the top. Made it there, grabbed the knight armor and then walked down the entire castle murdering everyone because the armor is pretty bulletproof and there's an achievement to taking out the hooded guards. Took out the 2 targets on the way down and watched the ending. Then tried the Sniper Assassin mission to check it out.

On first runs Vermont doesn't seem bad, but it seems kinda boring with its flat, small layout and just a few houses and their interactions. Hopefully it gets more interesting when I start doing the opportunities. I explored every house on my first run and there just doesn't seem like a ton going on in the stage.

Isgail seems amazing. Reminds me a huge vertical tower Paris. Very excited to learn this stage. Did the fish escalation on it and that was fun.

Sniper Assassin stage seems cool enough. After I finish Vermont/Isgail through and through I'll probably try to do the challenges in it.

Now that I "beat" it, the story is sorta whatever but I kinda tuned out following it back in S1. The game is just about the locations and their mini-stories within them which are great.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2018, 07:31:08 PM »
I went through all the stages but haven’t pursued mastery. I did lvl20 in everything last time. Then again I did that a few months later also

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2018, 11:08:55 PM »
Got home from holidays with about 3 hours to do the elusive target. Ended up just exploding him with the duck.
itm