Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 944356 times)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #10260 on: May 27, 2021, 01:38:24 PM »
Whatever happened to Pokemon Snap

It came out.

Why have I see zero news and hype? Was it bad? Im scared to find out
:O

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10261 on: May 27, 2021, 01:41:04 PM »
No, it's good.
dog

james

« Reply #10262 on: May 27, 2021, 01:58:02 PM »

Coffee Dog

« Reply #10263 on: May 27, 2021, 04:26:40 PM »
No, it's good.

Wheres the hype

Not sure if it's the kind of game that generates hype, but I thought it was really fun! It's just like the original game but with better graphics and more levels than I expected. Needs a cutscene skip but I'd recommend it to anyone that liked the first or the idea of an on rails photography game

james

« Reply #10264 on: May 27, 2021, 04:42:29 PM »
No, it's good.

Wheres the hype

Not sure if it's the kind of game that generates hype, but I thought it was really fun! It's just like the original game but with better graphics and more levels than I expected. Needs a cutscene skip but I'd recommend it to anyone that liked the first or the idea of an on rails photography game

I love the first one, and have it on Wii VC.

Does this one take more than 3 hours to finish though

Coffee Dog

« Reply #10265 on: May 27, 2021, 04:47:04 PM »
No, it's good.

Wheres the hype

I love the first one, and have it on Wii VC.

Does this one take more than 3 hours to finish though

Yeah, it took me around 8ish to get all the levels. There's a bunch of photo challenges and stuff I never did, either.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #10266 on: May 27, 2021, 04:47:15 PM »
How long to beat has it at 10 hours for the main campaign, 30 hours to do everything.

james

« Reply #10267 on: May 27, 2021, 05:53:51 PM »
Thats not bad. Not bad at all.

$60 tho? Imma wait for the traditional sale

Just dropped $15 into Asphalt today  :whew

Svejk

« Reply #10268 on: May 29, 2021, 12:44:33 PM »
Man... buying games on this thing is straight shitty.  Either games are LR, or go for insane prices when "out of print".  Son is wanting DQ Builders (1, not 2), but physical copies are non-existent and go for stupid prices new.  New copies of DQ XI and BOTW still go for $40+ for 4+ year old games...  :yuck 

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #10269 on: May 29, 2021, 01:01:05 PM »
:miyamoto
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10270 on: May 29, 2021, 01:02:07 PM »
Man... buying games on this thing is straight shitty.  Either games are LR, or go for insane prices when "out of print".  Son is wanting DQ Builders (1, not 2), but physical copies are non-existent and go for stupid prices new.  New copies of DQ XI and BOTW still go for $40+ for 4+ year old games...  :yuck
Can't you buy it digital?

It is often on sale too.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #10271 on: May 29, 2021, 01:23:39 PM »

It is often on sale too.
I thought for sure the DQ Anniversary would spark some deals, but I haven't seen any.... 
I'm pretty much always see the gray area... but since getting the Switch, I've had total black and white thinking..  I want to get the physical versions of everything if possible..or I don't want it..  Guess it's a personal obstacle I'm making for myself, but when in comparison to other releases for PS or XB, physical games drop in price like mad.  Nintendo just keeps on going acting like nothing changes in due time..  :-\  Seems the Switch game prices fluctuate opposite of say PS games; where the physical PS games go for less than the digital ones...  And with PS games, I'm 99.9% digital.    :lol....   :stahp  Grass is always greener on the other side it seems.

Anyway, sorry for the vent...  I think the only logical thing to do is start looking into getting some expandable storage for this thing.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10272 on: May 29, 2021, 01:27:49 PM »
nah man, I just lost 15 years of saves. I feel the pain.

I can buy it here for € 41.99 it seems. But I have seen it as low as 20
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10273 on: May 29, 2021, 02:21:33 PM »

It is often on sale too.
I thought for sure the DQ Anniversary would spark some deals, but I haven't seen any.... 
I'm pretty much always see the gray area... but since getting the Switch, I've had total black and white thinking..  I want to get the physical versions of everything if possible..or I don't want it..  Guess it's a personal obstacle I'm making for myself, but when in comparison to other releases for PS or XB, physical games drop in price like mad.  Nintendo just keeps on going acting like nothing changes in due time..  :-\  Seems the Switch game prices fluctuate opposite of say PS games; where the physical PS games go for less than the digital ones...  And with PS games, I'm 99.9% digital.    :lol....   :stahp  Grass is always greener on the other side it seems.

Anyway, sorry for the vent...  I think the only logical thing to do is start looking into getting some expandable storage for this thing.

Yes, definitely.

You can also get new UK copies of DQ Builders 1 for $50 on Amazon...

...or you could get him the game on PS4 much cheaper.  :doge
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #10274 on: May 29, 2021, 03:42:46 PM »

It is often on sale too.

Yes, definitely.

You can also get new UK copies of DQ Builders 1 for $50 on Amazon...

...or you could get him the game on PS4 much cheaper.  :doge
True, I didn't think about importing one.  I always forget there's no region lock.  :-[
But it's worse than that... We've had it on PS4 for the longest time (and just recently got to Chapter 4 today)..... but he wants it on Switch so we can have separate save files (from his sister and I) and have it portable. :dead  I was like, "well, if it's like $20 or so, sure..."   But looking at physical prices is a gut punch and makes zero sense to me.  ::)  Guess there's the used game route, but I've become more a germ-a-phobe over the past couple years, so scratch that too.   Just thinking back of the Swap days and how many people would bring in greasy controllers and flippin consoles with fucking roaches crawling out of them (Scrumpy)....  Freaks me out just thinking about dealing with that now.  :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10275 on: May 31, 2021, 02:19:01 PM »
The Nintendie journo's are again saying the 'Nintendo Switch Pro' will be announced this week.

They never learn do they?  :lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords 100 Hero Battle
Fire Emblem: Echoes of the Divine War
Wario Land: Shake It HD
Dr. Mario Returns (Retro Studios)

*drumroll*

First Splatoon 3 gameplay

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2(tentative title) is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2022

Kirby: Star Worlds is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2022

Mario is taking a break from platforming adventures, SUPER MARIO will be a fresh new take on the franchise.
Please stay tuned for more information about SUPER MARIO.

"What where is Switch PRo? Where the hell is MetTroid? This can't be EVERYTHING? Thank god there's still 10 minutes left."

PAULINE sings to victory!

WADDLE DEE finishes the fight!

Thank you for watching. After this presentation you can purchase Metroid Prime: Federation Force Remastered from the Nintendo eShop for a limited time.
[close]
🤴

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #10276 on: May 31, 2021, 09:49:18 PM »
Collectors really inflate the price of physical games on Nintendo stuff, IMO.

seems like holdover behaviour from snes/nes collector idiots

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10277 on: June 02, 2021, 06:31:45 PM »
dicks wallets out for harambe donk3y june
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #10279 on: June 03, 2021, 07:16:41 PM »
Y'all better hope this motherfucking thing is real cause the level of petty ass trolling I'm going to unleash on the internet and "insiders" if it's not could in fact be classified as "megaton"

yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10280 on: June 03, 2021, 11:26:02 PM »
Why would people even expect a new console announcement this week when there's a Direct in less than two weeks?  ???
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #10281 on: June 04, 2021, 12:05:13 AM »
Shin Megami Tensei V is November 11th

:hyper

More rpgs for the fall

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10282 on: June 04, 2021, 12:32:50 AM »
Why would people even expect a new console announcement this week when there's a Direct in less than two weeks?  ???

Apparently the direct is solely going to focus on software.

Normally I would be in full "point and laugh" mode over the idea of Nintendo putting out something nearly current in tech, but turns out THERE'S ACTUALLY SOME BELIEVABLE SMOKE THAT MAY PROVE TO BE A FIRE this time.

However, all the dumbness running wild with "PRE ORDERS GO LIVE ON JUN 4 AT MIDNIGHT TRUST ME BRO" deserves to be mocked.
yar

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #10283 on: June 04, 2021, 01:14:40 AM »
Yeah I don't really believe the sega saturn surpise launch shid either  :doge

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #10284 on: June 04, 2021, 05:11:10 AM »

Nintendies whip themselves into a frenzy from even the slightest hint or dubious rumour :trumps
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10285 on: June 04, 2021, 06:51:56 AM »
The console will retain support for the current Joy-con, but will be housed in a new , thinner dock station with two USC 3.0 ports and above all a 4K output."

:thinking
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #10286 on: June 04, 2021, 07:00:14 AM »
that looks p slick, so it won't look anything like that :lol
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #10288 on: June 04, 2021, 09:22:59 AM »
Any chance Nintendo finally drops the price of the Switch this year and launches this Switch Pro at a reasonable price?

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #10289 on: June 04, 2021, 09:24:30 AM »
no :miyamoto
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #10290 on: June 04, 2021, 10:02:13 AM »
Seriously Switch is pretty damn expensive for what u get back in tech.
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10291 on: June 04, 2021, 10:02:47 AM »
Any chance Nintendo finally drops the price of the Switch this year and launches this Switch Pro at a reasonable price?

With the rumored price of $400-ish, I doubt they drop the price of the original $300 model, especially with how well it continues to sell.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10292 on: June 04, 2021, 10:03:18 AM »

You can get a Lite for $200. 
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #10293 on: June 04, 2021, 10:29:52 AM »

And then another one 6 months later when its irreplaceable controll sticks are broken  :brain

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #10294 on: June 04, 2021, 10:48:39 AM »
did the wii u ever have a significant price drop? and that was total trash :doge
(ice)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #10295 on: June 04, 2021, 12:04:26 PM »
Here is the news we want to hear.

"THE JOYCONS ARE FIXED!"

Fix your fucking piece of shit controllers. Goddamn...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10296 on: June 04, 2021, 12:04:31 PM »

And then another one 6 months later when its irreplaceable controll sticks are broken  :brain

ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #10297 on: June 04, 2021, 12:18:18 PM »
I would have long bought a Lite used for 150 if it wasn't literally a broken product  :doge

:piss :nintendo :piss2

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10298 on: June 04, 2021, 12:20:28 PM »
Would have long bought a Lite used for 150 as a retro machine if it wasn't literally a broken product  :doge

:piss :nintendo :piss2

ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10299 on: June 04, 2021, 12:34:38 PM »
"According to our market research, kids dropped their GameBoy's and DS's approximately 9 months after purchase. Most parents replacing broken hardware during the holiday season" :karen

"So how about we make it break on them in 6 months and sell twice as many units?" :success

"Japan wouldn't like it Doug. Remember their mission is to bring more smiles to more faces" :snob

"Just have the parents blame the kids and get our shareholders beaming with joy"  :success

🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10300 on: June 05, 2021, 10:36:34 AM »
Today's Saturday- there's still time for them to announce the new Switch this week!  It's still going to happen right, right!?

:derp
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #10301 on: June 05, 2021, 11:37:44 AM »
my uncle who works at nintendo europe says it will be announced tomorrow at 5pm BST in a surprise direct :rollsafe

thats 12pm east coast time :snob
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 11:43:18 AM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10302 on: June 05, 2021, 01:57:50 PM »
Nintendo Europe was actually on leave this week.

National holiday in Germany. I chatted about it with an employee of theirs.
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10303 on: June 05, 2021, 02:29:03 PM »
yar

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #10304 on: June 05, 2021, 02:54:12 PM »
with the component shortage plus Nintendo's natural inclination to artifically constrain supply of new consoles they'd probably release 100 of them in the us, 100 in Japan , 75 per big market in europe and 25 in the smaller ones :lol :lol :lol
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10305 on: June 05, 2021, 06:07:58 PM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/06/05/so-maybe-no-nintendo-switch-pro-then/?sh=220af4b35cf4

I see some of us are at the "acceptance" stage now

Just saw another article that said "OK, so it didn't happen on 6/4-- BUT THERE'S ANOTHER LISTING FOR 6/30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :hyper

:dead

If they don't announce anything at this next Direct, it's not happening for a while.
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10306 on: June 05, 2021, 06:13:45 PM »
I'd say it's about 25% something is announced before the direct, 75% nothing is and they just show a bunch of games, then we get a pro next year.

But hey! If BotW 2 is coming out this year who cares.
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10307 on: June 05, 2021, 06:45:48 PM »
Don't get your hopes up for BOTW2 this year.

I hope you like Wario Ware.
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10308 on: June 05, 2021, 09:06:06 PM »
Ninthings in hype mode leading up to E3: BRUH WE'RE GETTING A 4K SWITCH PRO AND BOTW2 THIS YEAR

Nintendo at E3: Enjoy KIRBY AIR RIDE 2 and 3 more Fire Emblem dudes with swords in Smash, Please Understand™
yar

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10309 on: June 05, 2021, 09:16:07 PM »
The 3DO had some great tech in it. So did the Atari Jaguar and the NeoGeo and the TurboGrafx. You know what they didn't have? A solid library of fun games.

Anyone who sees more value in processor speeds, pixel counts and bullshit stats like how many million polygons per second rather than user experience and software library is a fool.
Spud

Svejk

« Reply #10310 on: June 05, 2021, 09:50:47 PM »
The 3DO had some great tech in it. So did the Atari Jaguar and the NeoGeo and the TurboGrafx. You know what they didn't have? A solid library of expensive games.

Anyone who sees more value in processor speeds, pixel counts and bullshit stats like how many million polygons per second rather than user experience and software library is a fool.
Fixed that for you. :hesright

You'd be a fool to pay more than double the price for game locked into shittier hardware.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #10311 on: June 05, 2021, 10:26:21 PM »
The 3DO had some great tech in it. So did the Atari Jaguar and the NeoGeo and the TurboGrafx. You know what they didn't have? A solid library of fun games.

3DO, Neo Geo, and Turbo definitely had a number of great games, maybe not as many as the Genesis/SNES, but there are numerous exclusives worth owning for all 3 (even more if you don't mind the import scene/have deep pockets). Jag kinda sucks though.
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10312 on: June 05, 2021, 10:51:40 PM »

3DO, Neo Geo, and Turbo definitely had a number of great games, maybe not as many as the Genesis/SNES, but there are numerous exclusives worth owning for all 3 (even more if you don't mind the import scene/have deep pockets). Jag kinda sucks though.

NeoGeo?  Turbo?  Absolutely.  3DO?  I dunno about that.  Most of the library is crap, IMO, and what's good are on other platforms.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 03:06:06 AM by bork »
ど助平

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10313 on: June 06, 2021, 01:16:23 AM »
The 3DO had some great tech in it. So did the Atari Jaguar and the NeoGeo and the TurboGrafx. You know what they didn't have? A solid library of expensive games.

Fixed that for you. :hesright

You'd be a fool to pay more than double the price for game locked into shittier hardware.

You know what? Nintendo's games are actually way, way cheaper here than in the US and versus PlayStation and Xbox games.

:yeshrug

For someone that dislikes Nintendo so much, you spend an inordinate amount of time whinging about them. Like, move on bro. Go play something else.
Spud

Svejk

« Reply #10314 on: June 06, 2021, 04:22:08 AM »
I love Nintendo 1st party shit... Just think the Switch is overly hyped and priced for what it is.  I've dumped hundreds of $ on this thing and have yet to be impressed in any way.  Just got it mainly for a soon-to-be BOTW2/Zelda machine... And Metroid Prime 4, if that ever see the light of day on it.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10315 on: June 06, 2021, 07:03:04 AM »
The Switch was very strong out of the gate but on the software side the releases have certainly dried up. I would say the last time it had momentum it was the summer/autumn of 2019, when Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, Super Mario Maker 2 and Links Awakening released. Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 and BOTW2 are announced but nowhere to be seen. So the past 2 years for me the biggest release was the Xenoblade remaster. If you're nto the more relaxing games I guess you could add Animal Crossing and Pokemon Snap to that list and if you like Mosou there's Age of Calamity. But those were really the 4 most interesting releases over the span of 2 years from Nintendo themselves.

This looks like another weak summer, Zelda Skyward Sword HD and Mario Golf. The line-up is just not very interesting overall.
Third parties are picking up some of the slack but those are mostly multiplatform releases and again not that interesting.
Except for No More Heroes 3 which is finally coming out. Neo: The World Ends With You might be good and the system is overall very strong on RPG's.
But surprising announcements like Bayonetta 3 or Metroid Prime 4 are few and far in between.

With that said, the Switch is now as long on the market as the Wii U was before it was replaced.
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10316 on: June 06, 2021, 09:53:10 AM »
I love Nintendo 1st party shit... Just think the Switch is overly hyped and priced for what it is.  I've dumped hundreds of $ on this thing and have yet to be impressed in any way.  Just got it mainly for a soon-to-be BOTW2/Zelda machine... And Metroid Prime 4, if that ever see the light of day on it.

Launching with Zelda and having Mario within the first year was a big deal, but the real selling point of this thing is the hybrid nature of it. A lotta people like using it as a handheld, which I just don't fucking understand because I hate handhelds, but diff'rent strokes to move the world and all that. Making it juuuuuuust powerful enough to port a whole bunch of shit to helped too.
yar

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #10317 on: June 06, 2021, 10:30:25 AM »

NeoGeo?  Turbo?  Absolutely.  3DO?  I dunno about that.  Most of the library is crap, IMO, and what's good are on other platforms.

Definitely agree that a lot got ported to other platforms, but 3DO isn't nearly as bad as a lot of people think.

You have a nice summation of what was going on in the early 90's PC game scene (Star Control 2, Theme Park, The Incredible Machine, Myst, 7th Guest, Alone in the Dark) without having to spend about $2k on a PC and then fiddle around with shit like IRQ requests and virtual memory management just to get them to run, some decent fighting game ports (the only system to have SSF2 Turbo back in the day!), some funny but shitty jank (Jurassic Park, Way of the Warrior), a few decent RPGs from MicroCabin, and of course the best Road Rash game ever. I mean I don't think it's comparable to the Neo Geo or Turbo in quality, but its lineup shits all over the Jag, 32x, CDI, CD-32, and lots of other "failed" systems from that era.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 12:06:10 PM by tiesto »
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10318 on: June 06, 2021, 03:26:12 PM »

You also have said (elsewhere) that you've barely spent any time playing it.

:bolo
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10319 on: June 06, 2021, 03:35:01 PM »

Definitely agree that a lot got ported to other platforms, but 3DO isn't nearly as bad as a lot of people think.

You have a nice summation of what was going on in the early 90's PC game scene (Star Control 2, Theme Park, The Incredible Machine, Myst, 7th Guest, Alone in the Dark) without having to spend about $2k on a PC and then fiddle around with shit like IRQ requests and virtual memory management just to get them to run, some decent fighting game ports (the only system to have SSF2 Turbo back in the day!), some funny but shitty jank (Jurassic Park, Way of the Warrior), a few decent RPGs from MicroCabin, and of course the best Road Rash game ever. I mean I don't think it's comparable to the Neo Geo or Turbo in quality, but its lineup shits all over the Jag, 32x, CDI, CD-32, and lots of other "failed" systems from that era.

I dunno- the 32X had good arcade ports in Afterburner, Virtua Racing Deluxe, Space Harrier, Star Wars Arcade, and Virtua Fighter, plus the port of Doom on 32X shits all over the 3DO performance-wise.  Then it had some good multiplatform ports like Blackthorne, Mortal Kombat II, NBA Jam TE, Tempo, and Toughman Contest.  I'd take that line-up over the 3DO any day.  The Jaguar sucked, but it did have Tempest 2000.  Nothing original on the 3DO even comes close to that (but I'd still take a 3DO over a Jag for sure). 

The only thing I wanted at the time on the 3DO was SSF2T.  I owned a console and the game very briefly and was put off by the shitty controllers it had- was using some six button ones and they sucked.  Then SF Collection came out on Saturn and PS1 and I got rid of it. 

SSF2T wasn't even the only way to play SSF2T at home for that long, BTW- it came out at the end of 1994 on 3DO and there was a PC port by Gametek released in May 1995.  Obviously quality is another story though, lol.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
CD-I and CD-32 aren't even worth mentioning!
:heh
[close]
ど助平