Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 933758 times)

Himu

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #4260 on: November 27, 2018, 07:42:42 AM »
So why are these re-released games you’ve never played a problem then? They’re still new to you.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4261 on: November 27, 2018, 07:59:12 AM »
Ohhhh ok i hope they announce and reveal more to your liking!
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #4262 on: November 27, 2018, 08:29:53 AM »
I think the problem here is that you were a sucker that bought a Wii U so these games are old to you. Whereas with someone like myself who skipped Wii U I’m being rewarded for waiting. :yeshrug None of us Switch owners should have to suffer buying a Wii U to play NSMBU.

I mean, these ports are great but I'm still glad I experienced them when they came out. :yeshrug Like, the Wii U version of Mario Kart 8 wasn't as good but it was still a lot of fun. Wii U buyers may have been suckers but as these Switch ports are pointing out, it had a decent little library.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4263 on: November 27, 2018, 09:15:16 AM »
why would anyone blame them for that

they have a large install base and lots of already made games just sitting around.  They can make a ton of money by doing very little additional work
The late era Wii and the entire Wii U library are largely forgotten so Nintendo can easily get away with quick buck HD ports and people will still think of them as new.

Yup.  And I don't see people bitching and whining when games get ported up and re-released as "HD" versions on other consoles.
:idont
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4264 on: November 27, 2018, 09:19:24 AM »
They do, just not as much because there's new stuff coming to those platforms at the same time as all the re-releases.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4265 on: November 27, 2018, 09:21:22 AM »
They do, just not as much because there's new stuff coming to those platforms at the same time as all the re-releases.

The Switch gets new stuff every week too, though.  There's clearly a lot of ports to it, but it's not like the eShop isn't getting new content all the time and lots of the indie games also even get physical releases. 
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4266 on: November 27, 2018, 09:26:47 AM »
This calls for someone who is not me to actually tally the numbers.

paprikastaude

« Reply #4267 on: November 27, 2018, 09:35:45 AM »
why would anyone blame them for that

they have a large install base and lots of already made games just sitting around.  They can make a ton of money by doing very little additional work
The late era Wii and the entire Wii U library are largely forgotten so Nintendo can easily get away with quick buck HD ports and people will still think of them as new.

Yup.  And I don't see people bitching and whining when games get ported up and re-released as "HD" versions on other consoles.

:confused
Pretty sure people with standards were equally not pleased when Last of Us was a major PS4 release. In fact, I remember a pretty vocal discourse over too many ports/pseudo remasters taking spotlight at the beginning of the generation.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 09:44:44 AM by Spieler1 »

kingv

« Reply #4268 on: November 27, 2018, 10:07:19 AM »
I think the problem here is that you were a sucker that bought a Wii U so these games are old to you. Whereas with someone like myself who skipped Wii U I’m being rewarded for waiting. :yeshrug None of us Switch owners should have to suffer buying a Wii U to play NSMBU.

I mean, these ports are great but I'm still glad I experienced them when they came out. :yeshrug Like, the Wii U version of Mario Kart 8 wasn't as good but it was still a lot of fun. Wii U buyers may have been suckers but as these Switch ports are pointing out, it had a decent little library.

I bought a refurb Wii U in 2014 for like $200. I played it more than my pe4 and Xbox combined through 2015. It had too many droughts but the highs were really high.

Fifstar

« Reply #4269 on: November 27, 2018, 11:08:13 AM »
As somebody that didn't own a Wii or Wii U I am happy that those ports are coming, but

a) it sucks that those games are all 50-60€, escpecially when you know that the same games where already at 20€ or below a couple of years ago
b) it can't be denied that most of those games aren't anywhere near as fresh as Odyssey or BotW.

I mean most games aren't as good as BotW but I am kinda bored by those competent but samey Nintendo games. Mario Tennis, Kirby, Tropical Freeze Port, Toad Port. Even the new Smash Brothers. All good, maybe great games but not as exciting as they could be. Botw showed that Nintendo can still show the industry how it's done, but for the most part they seem to be content with releasing or rehashing their tried and true games for an actually sucessful console.

Gulp

Himu

« Reply #4270 on: November 27, 2018, 11:12:53 AM »
I don’t think you’re being fair.

The switch is a year and a half old.

As far as year old consoles go I think it’s library is pretty fucking good and games like BOTW can’t be shelled out like people want. It takes time.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 11:16:59 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4271 on: November 27, 2018, 11:24:18 AM »
Botw showed that Nintendo can still show the industry how it's done, but for the most part they seem to be content with releasing or rehashing their tried and true games for an actually sucessful console.

Have you tried games like Splatoon, ARMS, or Sushi Striker?  Different from the norm.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4272 on: November 27, 2018, 11:25:45 AM »
As far as year old consoles go I think it’s library is pretty fucking good and games like BOTW can’t be shelled out like people want. It takes time.

This too.  They did pretty well in terms of having at least one "big" release almost every month last year, but it kind of slowed down this past year and that's understandable.   
ど助平

Fifstar

« Reply #4273 on: November 27, 2018, 11:31:26 AM »
Well I am sure Nintendo will release other great games but save for Metroid Prime 4 Not much is announced that excites me.

In German there is a saying that roughly translates to "anticipation is the biggest joy" and that's just something where Nintendo has been lacking for a while. Partly that's because Pokémon and Smash don't do much for myself.
Gulp

Himu

« Reply #4274 on: November 27, 2018, 11:36:55 AM »
Well I am sure Nintendo will release other great games but save for Metroid Prime 4 Not much is announced that excites me.

In German there is a saying that roughly translates to "anticipation is the biggest joy" and that's just something where Nintendo has been lacking for a while. Partly that's because Pokémon and Smash don't do much for myself.

Animal Crossing? Play it with me and Andy when it comes out bb
IYKYK

Fifstar

« Reply #4275 on: November 27, 2018, 11:37:27 AM »
Botw showed that Nintendo can still show the industry how it's done, but for the most part they seem to be content with releasing or rehashing their tried and true games for an actually sucessful console.

Have you tried games like Splatoon, ARMS, or Sushi Striker?  Different from the norm.

Didn't like Arms and I thought Sushi Striker was a B Tier game?
I gotta try Splatoon someday, not much of a multiplayer gamer but I heard the expansion has great SP content.
Gulp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4276 on: November 27, 2018, 12:15:47 PM »

I gotta try Splatoon someday, not much of a multiplayer gamer but I heard the expansion has great SP content.

If you're not finding much to be interested in despite there being tons of new games released every month, I don't really know what to tell you. 
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #4277 on: November 27, 2018, 12:17:12 PM »
Animal Crossing :rejoice

Man that's the perfect Switch game.

paprikastaude

« Reply #4278 on: November 27, 2018, 02:56:53 PM »
Underpowered Nintendo machines are best for exclusives and the exclusive content so far might be above average for a handheld, but among Nintendo consoles it would be at the bottom alongside WiiU. Wii also got its cross gen Zelda and new Mario, alongside smaller stuff like Warioware, Mario Soccer and Excite Truck. But on top of that you also had Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime, Paper Mario in the first year, Smash Bros soon after. Gamecube immediately launched several diverse new IPs like Eternal Darkness, Pikmin and Luigi's Mansion, alongside iterations of Smash Bros, Wave Race and at this point of the gen you'd probably be playing the absolute GOATs Metroid Prime and F-Zero GX. Plus, exclusive best Resident Evil game and Sega Content. And Super Nintendo is from a superior time that had all the third parties with the freshest content from the get-go. Switch looking pretty weak compared to that. Also, WiiU support has been dead forever, 3DS only been kept alive with small scaled projects - so there's really no excuse for the Nintendo lineup looking this bleak since forever. N64 was pretty drought-heavy from the very beginning too, but arguably Mario 64 >> everything today.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 03:05:08 PM by Spieler1 »

Himu

« Reply #4279 on: November 27, 2018, 03:03:19 PM »
Only gamers with an announcer animal crossing for next year would say,”nintendo’s Lineup looks bleak since forever” idgi
IYKYK

Fifstar

« Reply #4280 on: November 27, 2018, 03:08:13 PM »

If you're not finding much to be interested in despite there being tons of new games released every month, I don't really know what to tell you. 

???

I have enough games that I'm interested in. Hell I'm still catching up with 2017.  I buy and play lots of indie games and probably will buy Tropical Freeze, Xenoblade 2 and NSMBU.

Just missing that special game to look forward to. Who knows, maybe   MP4 will have a cool trailer at the VGA or they announce a cool 2 D Zelda game. Secretly I dream about an new Advanced Wars title...
Gulp

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4281 on: November 27, 2018, 07:10:07 PM »
Sounds like Metroid Prime 4 and Star Fox Grand Prix will both hit the game awards.
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #4282 on: November 27, 2018, 08:14:51 PM »
Only gamers with an announcer animal crossing for next year would say,”nintendo’s Lineup looks bleak since forever” idgi

If AC stays true to itself, then I've already played that game 3 times (and thankfully didn't pay for it on 3DS, where the whole mayor shtick barely added anything to the gameplay).

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4283 on: November 27, 2018, 08:43:29 PM »
Underpowered Nintendo machines are best for exclusives and the exclusive content so far might be above average for a handheld, but among Nintendo consoles it would be at the bottom alongside WiiU. Wii also got its cross gen Zelda and new Mario, alongside smaller stuff like Warioware, Mario Soccer and Excite Truck. But on top of that you also had Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime, Paper Mario in the first year, Smash Bros soon after. Gamecube immediately launched several diverse new IPs like Eternal Darkness, Pikmin and Luigi's Mansion, alongside iterations of Smash Bros, Wave Race and at this point of the gen you'd probably be playing the absolute GOATs Metroid Prime and F-Zero GX. Plus, exclusive best Resident Evil game and Sega Content. And Super Nintendo is from a superior time that had all the third parties with the freshest content from the get-go. Switch looking pretty weak compared to that. Also, WiiU support has been dead forever, 3DS only been kept alive with small scaled projects - so there's really no excuse for the Nintendo lineup looking this bleak since forever. N64 was pretty drought-heavy from the very beginning too, but arguably Mario 64 >> everything today.

This is so ridiculous that I don't even know where to begin.   :P  Nintendo has done an overall fantastic job with Switch support.  The system is not even two years old yet and it has already gotten a ton of Nintendo IPs -both original and ports- and plenty of third party support.  This is the best system they've put out in a long, long time.  None of their previous systems had this many quality games in such a short amount of time since the GC (if not the SNES).

Vita 2.0
:rejoice
ど助平

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4284 on: November 27, 2018, 09:17:33 PM »
N64 was pretty drought-heavy from the very beginning too, but arguably Mario 64 >> everything today.
For some reason, this being the culmination of that post reminded me of this interview I recently read where Miyamoto basically on the sly threw the N64 library under the bus :lol

:miyamoto

kingv

« Reply #4285 on: November 28, 2018, 02:43:44 AM »
The amount that you read old egms disturbs me.

kingv

« Reply #4286 on: November 28, 2018, 02:44:28 AM »
Nm, that's Next Gen. You're good fam.

paprikastaude

« Reply #4287 on: November 28, 2018, 06:40:24 AM »

This is so ridiculous that I don't even know where to begin.   :P  Nintendo has done an overall fantastic job with Switch support.  The system is not even two years old yet and it has already gotten a ton of Nintendo IPs -both original and ports- and plenty of third party support.  This is the best system they've put out in a long, long time.  None of their previous systems had this many quality games in such a short amount of time since the GC (if not the SNES).

Vita 2.0
:rejoice

Prior consoles were superior where it mattered. Exclusives were more plentiful in the same timeframe as this generation and that's only counting the console output, not even thinking about the secondary systems Nintendo supported on top of it. Now they have a single platform and somehow they are still in the WiiU dripfeed. Except if you wank over old ass games and indie junk. To me that's not a sufficient way to judge a system though (unless the console is really cheap to begin with), considering that with this logic you can sugarcoat any trash system from Vita to Ouya.  :doge  I.e. who needs a new console for indie games that cost a buck on Steam and even my decade old PC can run. Old Nintendo games might be good for casuals and others who didn't buy a WiiU, but also know that they probably paid more for Donkey Kong than I did 5 years ago :lol
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 07:10:09 AM by Spieler1 »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4288 on: November 28, 2018, 07:43:23 AM »
Prior consoles were superior where it mattered. Exclusives were more plentiful in the same timeframe as this generation and that's only counting the console output, not even thinking about the secondary systems Nintendo supported on top of it.

I think you should go back and look to see what released on the older systems within the same timeframe first.

Now they have a single platform and somehow they are still in the WiiU dripfeed. Except if you wank over old ass games and indie junk.

Not at all.  This system doesn't even begin to approach the drought that was the Wii U.  You're also just collectively shitting on all the games not from major publishers and that's another ridiculous thing to say. 
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #4289 on: November 28, 2018, 08:14:14 AM »
I think you should go back and look to see what released on the older systems within the same timeframe first.

That's what I did in my first post you quoted. SNES, GCN, Wii were better for exclusives in the first 1 1/2 years. I didn't find Wind Waker or BotW particularly great, but the GCN library faltered significantly less because of that - too many other certified GOATs were already available early. Wii launch year had many similarities to Switch's 1st party, except it had more classic franchise iterations in a shorter time. N64 depends on how much you value Mario 64 and Goldeneye.

It's better than most of their handhelds so far, so best I can hope for is that exclusive output explodes whenever the revision comes similar to DS and 3DS :idont
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 08:18:29 AM by Spieler1 »

kingv

« Reply #4290 on: November 28, 2018, 08:52:53 AM »
Comparing Wii U output to switch just means you don’t remember how shit the Wii U’s launch schedule really was.

I’m pretty sure Nintendo only published 5 full retail games in the first year of the Wii U, and one retail dlc for a launch game.
NSMBU
Twilight Princess HD
Wario Ware
NSLGU
Pikmin 3
Wii U Fit

Super Mario 3D world and Mario and Sahnic Winter Olympics I think just barely missed 1 year.

They also didn’t release a single game between launch and June of the next year. They didn’t release a single Nintendo published game for 9 months. Switch has basically had a Nintendo release every other month at least.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4291 on: November 28, 2018, 10:20:19 AM »

That's what I did in my first post you quoted. SNES, GCN, Wii were better for exclusives in the first 1 1/2 years. I didn't find Wind Waker or BotW particularly great, but the GCN library faltered significantly less because of that - too many other certified GOATs were already available early. Wii launch year had many similarities to Switch's 1st party, except it had more classic franchise iterations in a shorter time. N64 depends on how much you value Mario 64 and Goldeneye.

It's better than most of their handhelds so far, so best I can hope for is that exclusive output explodes whenever the revision comes similar to DS and 3DS :idont

OK, let's look at the games you mentioned on GC and Wii since Wii U was covered above:

Warioware Smooth Moves
Mario Strikers Charged (Was this a sequel or a GC port?)
Excite Truck
Fire Emblem
Metroid Prime 3
Super Paper Mario
Smash Bros. Brawl

Game Cube:

Eternal Darkness (lol)
Pikmin
Luigi's Mansion
Smash Bros. Melee
Wave Race Blue Storm
Resident Evil (Ended up being multi-platform)
Metroid Prime
F-Zero GX
Super Monkey Ball (what other good Sega content was there?)

Out of those games, Switch is already getting Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime 4, and Luigi's Mansion 3 in 2019.  Smash Ultimate is next week.

Nintendo or exclusive third party games that the Switch has gotten so far:

Super Mario Odyssey
Maro Tennis Aces
Fast RMX
ARMS
Xenoblade 2
Xenoblade 2 Torna
Kirby Star Allies
Splatoon 2
Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Octopath Traveler
Ultra Street Fighter II (lawl)
Fallen Legion Rise To Glory
Golf Story
Bomb Chicken
Senran Kagura Reflexions
Senran Kagura Peachball (Out next month)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Out next week)
Kamiko
Mario Party Whatever
Pokemon Let's Go
LABO (LOOOOL)

Games released on 3DS or Wii U and Switch during this time:
Zelda Breath Of The Wild
Fire Emblem Warriors
Sushi Striker
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
Blaster Master Zero

Games released on Steam or Mobile but exclusive to Switch for consoles:
VOEZ
The Messenger
Pocket Rumble
Blossom Tales
Phantom Trigger

And then add in the port-ups from Wii U and you've got a lot of good stuff for the first year and a half.  Games like Mario Kart 8 got some big improvements over the originals as well, with a full battle mode added, and Hyrule Warriors DX has the extra gameplay features from the 3DS version, so they're not all just straight ports.

Seems pretty good to me.

List warz are so dumb.
:stahp
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 10:33:30 AM by bork »
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #4292 on: November 28, 2018, 10:47:39 AM »
I liked Eternal Darkness. It was ambitious and pretty fun.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4293 on: November 28, 2018, 11:27:58 AM »
I liked Eternal Darkness. It was ambitious and pretty fun.

It was like playing the same level, but re-skinned, over and over again.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4294 on: November 28, 2018, 12:10:39 PM »
Eternal Darkness only good game Denis Dyack was ever involved with.

Would rather play Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes over Eternal Darkness.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4295 on: November 28, 2018, 01:04:39 PM »
Twin Snakes  :yuck

Better than Eternal Darkness.
:rollsafe
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4296 on: November 28, 2018, 02:52:52 PM »
ED was lit if you didn’t get the full ending you sawft af gtfo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4297 on: November 28, 2018, 03:00:17 PM »
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4298 on: November 28, 2018, 03:03:01 PM »
:rofl  :respect

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4299 on: November 28, 2018, 03:07:19 PM »
Don't make fun of bork's ED
©@©™

paprikastaude

« Reply #4300 on: November 28, 2018, 03:41:57 PM »
Missed Mario Galaxy, NMH and Twilight Princess for Wii. Animal Crossing, best Soul Calibur 2, Phantasy Star, Star Wars, etc. on Gamecube... Resident Evil remake wasn't multiplatform until a couple of years ago. ED is awesome because of the historic settings, which is still unique. FAST I already had on WiiU. Either way, I don't care if it's shallow, but no way I can put stuff like Golf Story or Kirby Star Allies on the same level as Resident Evil, F-Zero GX or Metroid Prime. Let alone celebrate rereleases like Binding of Isaac or ugly Street Fighter 2 on a new machine. I just can't see it. Metroid, like many things, is nothing but a cryptic promise so far on Switch*, while I already played a new entry on Wii at that time and was already looking forward to the next things (though admittedly Wii died after only 4 years and I don't see that happening for Switch). If we're going into places like Kirby and Labo, there's been enough B-tier content like Starfox Adventures, Battalion Wars, RE Chronicles and Wii __ that made up for that too.

fake edit: *which also reminds me that after WiiU I don't give Nintendo points for showing bare project names anymore. Either it's still ways off (Zelda U, Xenoblade U, etc. seeing years of delays), or it's gonna be things no one asked for (No More Heroes minigame collection), or both (waiting years for MegaTen x Fire Emblem until it turned out to be some cringe idol simulator).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 03:46:39 PM by Spieler1 »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4301 on: November 28, 2018, 05:18:37 PM »
Comparing Wii U output to switch just means you don’t remember how shit the Wii U’s launch schedule really was.

I’m pretty sure Nintendo only published 5 full retail games in the first year of the Wii U, and one retail dlc for a launch game.
:rofl Nintendo Land :rofl
NSMBU
Twilight Princess HD <- Wind Waker came first, September 2013
Wario Ware
NSLGU
Pikmin 3
Wii U Fit

Super Mario 3D world and Mario and Sahnic Winter Olympics I think just barely missed 1 year.

They also didn’t release a single game between launch and June of the next year. They didn’t release a single Nintendo published game for 9 months. Switch has basically had a Nintendo release every other month at least.
Ah yes, the Wii U... that was completely bonkers.
Nintendo had a launch window that lasted 14 months.

At the same time they had to scramble to salvage the 3DS.

They showed off Battlefield, Bioshock and a dozen other games that would never be released.
It was fucking ridiculous.  :lol
🤴

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4302 on: November 29, 2018, 12:47:04 AM »
Joy cons are trash tier, mine are drifting again after getting new ones.

Thank god for 2 year warranty in the eussr.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #4303 on: November 29, 2018, 06:19:39 AM »
SpielerEins bagging at length on Nintendo reminding me of the old GAF threads during the transition to Wii U.
  :donot

BisMarckie

« Reply #4304 on: November 29, 2018, 06:29:41 AM »
Twin Snakes  :yuck

I appreciate Twin Snakes way more today then when it came out. It's iinferior to MGS in almost every way, but I'm still glad it exists.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4305 on: November 29, 2018, 08:35:54 AM »
Missed Mario Galaxy, NMH and Twilight Princess for Wii.

The Switch has Mario Odyssey, Travis Strikes Again (out in January, still before the two year mark), and Breath Of The Wild.

Animal Crossing, best Soul Calibur 2, Phantasy Star, Star Wars, etc. on Gamecube...

Animal Crossing is also coming to Switch.  And now you're bringing in multi-platform third party games which I thought weren't supposed to be part of this. 

Resident Evil remake wasn't multiplatform until a couple of years ago. ED is awesome because of the historic settings, which is still unique. FAST I already had on WiiU. Either way, I don't care if it's shallow, but no way I can put stuff like Golf Story or Kirby Star Allies on the same level as Resident Evil, F-Zero GX or Metroid Prime. Let alone celebrate rereleases like Binding of Isaac or ugly Street Fighter 2 on a new machine. I just can't see it. Metroid, like many things, is nothing but a cryptic promise so far on Switch*, while I already played a new entry on Wii at that time and was already looking forward to the next things (though admittedly Wii died after only 4 years and I don't see that happening for Switch). If we're going into places like Kirby and Labo, there's been enough B-tier content like Starfox Adventures, Battalion Wars, RE Chronicles and Wii __ that made up for that too.

Maybe you just liked games more back then than you do now.  I can relate. 
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #4306 on: November 29, 2018, 04:53:50 PM »
Mario Strikers Charged (Was this a sequel or a GC port?)
It's like an update, added characters, items, online play, etc.

benjipwns

« Reply #4307 on: November 29, 2018, 04:54:23 PM »
Eternal Darkness only good game Denis Dyack was ever involved with.
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

paprikastaude

« Reply #4308 on: November 29, 2018, 05:19:23 PM »
This why we need LoK remaster collection. Can't even recommend BO with its excessive load times for simply opening the menu or equiping shit :tocry Great Zelda clone underneath, like really no other Zelda clone.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:24:49 PM by Spieler1 »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #4309 on: November 29, 2018, 05:28:05 PM »
Who would even have the rights? DD? or CD? :dyack

Tuckers Law

« Reply #4310 on: November 29, 2018, 06:30:21 PM »
I think Square Enix?  Soul Reaver games were crystal dynamics but I can't recall if all of the Kain games were.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4311 on: November 29, 2018, 06:31:21 PM »
Who would even have the rights? DD? or CD? :dyack

In 1997, GameSpot divulged that Silicon Knights had filed a lawsuit against their former partner for ownership of the series, requesting an injunction to prevent Crystal Dynamics from publicizing Soul Reaver. Silicon Knights, they reported, accused Crystal Dynamics of plagiarizing their concept for a sequel.

The dispute was settled in private, with Crystal Dynamics retaining the rights to the game, and permission to create derivative work using its characters, provided they credit Silicon Knights as the developer of Blood Omen in their sequel.

In other words, Square-Enix owns the rights.
dog

Cryo

« Reply #4312 on: November 30, 2018, 10:31:14 AM »
Is there any way I can use my joycons together as a single PC controller?

Himu

« Reply #4313 on: November 30, 2018, 10:40:49 AM »
Help me look at viable switch bundles. I want Mario Kart 8, DKC:TF, Mario Odyssey, and Zelda: BOTW.
IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #4314 on: November 30, 2018, 11:47:31 AM »
Is there any way I can use my joycons together as a single PC controller?

I think the answer is yes, but I don’t think it’s 100% flawless.

There is a program called vjoy that allows you to map one controller against both devices. Only thing you should need is a Bluetooth dongle for your pc.

Himu

« Reply #4315 on: November 30, 2018, 03:18:06 PM »
Wtf Nintendo

60 for Mario kart 8 and dkctf? You bastards. That puts me at 240 dollars for all the games I want. Smh.

Even NSMBU is 60. You mother fuckers.

RIP to handheld game prices?! Nooooooooooo. Because of being a hybrid I expected switch to have a more diverse pricing. But it doesn’t seem to be the case. The Wii U games should be half their retail price.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 03:23:53 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Beezy

« Reply #4316 on: November 30, 2018, 04:16:58 PM »
Because of being a hybrid I expected switch to have a more diverse pricing.
:lol

Himu

« Reply #4317 on: November 30, 2018, 04:17:45 PM »
Because of being a hybrid I expected switch to have a more diverse pricing.
:lol

:stahp nooooo
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4318 on: November 30, 2018, 06:22:17 PM »
A lot of 3DS games were already getting up to $50 anyway.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4319 on: November 30, 2018, 06:30:40 PM »
They have more diverse pricing

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Zelda was 69,99
[close]
:teehee
🤴