Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 944631 times)

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #9060 on: September 14, 2020, 03:31:31 PM »
what are y'all doing where you are out of the house playing video games for more than four hours at a time
pcp

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #9061 on: September 14, 2020, 03:34:16 PM »
what are y'all doing where you are out of the house playing video games for more than four hours at a time

I don’t have to answer that. The coppers couldn’t prove anything  :pika
Margs

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9062 on: September 14, 2020, 04:21:54 PM »
I played Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing in handheld mode, like 100 hours. Everything else docked.
©@©™

daycru

« Reply #9063 on: September 14, 2020, 04:31:00 PM »
Been getting into playing Mario Kart Tournaments on Twitch, have won some eshop vouchers

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9064 on: September 14, 2020, 04:33:27 PM »
I use it docked way more, but the versatility is nice- play it on a big screen, like a handheld, with it as a tablet/kickstand and detached controllers, etc.  Good stuff.
 :preach
ど助平

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #9065 on: September 14, 2020, 05:39:45 PM »
Does it switch to mobile mode on the fly?  Like if I need to poop 50 times a day as one does, can I take it to the can with me?

Welfare line.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #9066 on: September 14, 2020, 06:39:58 PM »
Yes
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #9067 on: September 15, 2020, 09:06:20 PM »
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #9068 on: September 15, 2020, 09:31:19 PM »
Now I can play that DKC2 everyone says is the best thing ever

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9069 on: September 15, 2020, 11:20:42 PM »
Japanese line-up:

ど助平

kingv

« Reply #9070 on: September 16, 2020, 04:24:09 AM »
Scat...

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9071 on: September 16, 2020, 09:21:54 AM »
Scat...

The game isn't too bad, and it's a bit pricey on the secondhand market. It's a Forgotten Worlds style game by Natsume with a great soundtrack...

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 09:29:28 AM by tiesto »
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9072 on: September 16, 2020, 09:25:05 AM »
Scat...

The game isn't too bad, it's a bit pricey on the secondhand market. It's a Forgotten Worlds style game by Natsume with a great soundtrack...

It's the unfortunate name that they picked for that one that gets people.   :P
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9073 on: September 16, 2020, 09:29:51 AM »
Scat...

The game isn't too bad, it's a bit pricey on the secondhand market. It's a Forgotten Worlds style game by Natsume with a great soundtrack...

It's the unfortunate name that they picked for that one that gets people.   :P

A literal kusoge...
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9074 on: September 16, 2020, 09:31:26 AM »
They're doing another Direct Mini tomorrow.

ど助平

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #9075 on: September 16, 2020, 10:05:50 AM »
 :beli
püp

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #9076 on: September 16, 2020, 10:41:20 AM »
Could be the new monster hunter for Switch.
OH!

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #9077 on: September 16, 2020, 10:58:30 AM »
what will nintendies convince themselves will be the secret bombshell announcement this time, that they get upset about when it doesn't happen again :lol
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #9078 on: September 16, 2020, 11:20:39 AM »
Another 10 year old port to nut to.

mormapope

« Reply #9079 on: September 16, 2020, 11:29:45 AM »
I'd rather see people nutting than bitch bois crying and whining and bitching about videogames over and over and over again. Recent internet discourse is combining the worst bitches from neogaf and 4chan and they never shut the fuck up.

I'm surprised any of these dudes get laid. They'd smell pussy for the first time and probably run to the bathroom to make a thread, questioning if pussy is supposed to smell like something or if that's anticonsumer.
OH!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Tuckers Law

« Reply #9081 on: September 16, 2020, 12:03:26 PM »
I get it’s easy to bag on Nintendo for the dumb shit they do, but I’ll never understand people getting upset about classic games being rereleased for new systems.  Like, do you hate how old music or movies keep getting released with each new media medium or platform?  “Warner Bros. announces 4K blu-ray of Barry Lyndon?  Lol what a bunch of losers, they can’t stop porting their old shit lololol.”

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #9082 on: September 16, 2020, 12:29:11 PM »
a large percentage of nerds love bitching about their hobbies more than they love the hobby itself :trumps

:piss :gamer :piss2
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9083 on: September 16, 2020, 12:45:39 PM »
Putting aside the reviewer's giant boner for all things Mario/Nintendo, he does do a good job in pointing out changes/flaws:

-Super Mario 64 is the Shindou Pak Taiou Version, which added in rumble support, the voices from the American version, and fixed some glitches- including backwards long jumping being removed, which is apparently something speedrunners don't like.

-64 and Sunshine have had some camera stuff inverted or reverted and there is no way to change this. 

-Cut scenes for Sunshine were cropped.

-No analog button controls for Sunshine, even when using a Game Cube controller.

-Minor issues with the pointer in Galaxy.  Seems to play the best using a pro controller with gyro in place of the pointer.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 12:59:32 PM by bork »
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9084 on: September 16, 2020, 01:15:24 PM »
The Nintendo shareholder presentation slides are kinda interesting. It's the first time in a long while that Nintendo has outlined their philosophy (or rather changed it).
One of the things that stands out is that Nintendo is no longer limiting itself to using established technologies to keep prices low. They will instead start to invest in cutting edge hardware again.
Or rather 'hardware that makes the users the most comfortable'.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9085 on: September 16, 2020, 01:38:10 PM »
I'd rather see people nutting than bitch bois crying and whining and bitching about videogames over and over and over again. Recent internet discourse is combining the worst bitches from neogaf and 4chan and they never shut the fuck up.

I'm surprised any of these dudes get laid. They'd smell pussy for the first time and probably run to the bathroom to make a thread, questioning if pussy is supposed to smell like something or if that's anticonsumer.

You really are taking it a bit too heavy man

There is plenty of legit concerns to be annoyed at some practices and things that happen

60 for a collection of 3 roms barely touched up that is only available for a limited time is such a thing to think it's dumb af.

But hey if you are excited for it all the more power to you man.
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #9086 on: September 16, 2020, 01:57:34 PM »
Putting aside the reviewer's giant boner for all things Mario/Nintendo, he does do a good job in pointing out changes/flaws:

-Super Mario 64 is the Shindou Pak Taiou Version, which added in rumble support, the voices from the American version, and fixed some glitches- including backwards long jumping being removed, which is apparently something speedrunners don't like.

-64 and Sunshine have had some camera stuff inverted or reverted and there is no way to change this. 

-No analog button controls for Sunshine, even when using a Game Cube controller.

-Minor issues with the pointer in Galaxy.  Seems to play the best using a pro controller with gyro in place of the pointer.

I have a strong urge to give the dork narrating this a big old wedgie

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:badass
[close]
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9087 on: September 16, 2020, 03:25:23 PM »
Super Mario Sunshine and Galaxy in HD on Switch were all I wanted.
Especially Sunshine, since it hasn't been re-released on anything and to this day has emulation issues.
Mario 64 is the cherry on top.

🤴

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #9088 on: September 16, 2020, 03:55:14 PM »

Wasn't Sunshine analog originally? :thinking
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9089 on: September 17, 2020, 10:04:40 AM »
Direct Mini is on now.

Capcom with two new Monster Hunter games right out of the gate- Rise and Stories 2.  Rise is out in March and Stories 2 is out next summer.

A Monster Hunter Direct will happen after this Direct is over.
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #9090 on: September 17, 2020, 10:07:10 AM »
:miyamoto
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9091 on: September 17, 2020, 10:07:50 AM »
Disgaea 6 announced- Switch exclusive

ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9092 on: September 17, 2020, 10:11:15 AM »
Anybody interested in Empire of Sin? My friend did the music for that game.
^_^

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #9093 on: September 17, 2020, 10:14:48 AM »
SURE SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF WEEB SHIT
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9094 on: September 17, 2020, 10:15:18 AM »
Summary:

Monster Hunter Rise (March 2021)
Monster Hunter Stories 2 (Summer 2021)
Fitness Boxing 2 (12/2020)
Disgaea 6 (2021- Switch exclusive)
Empire Of Sin (2020?)
Sniper Elite 4 (2020)
The Long Dark (out today)
PGA Tour 2K21 (9/25)
Hades (out today)
Balan Wonderworld (March 2021)
Rune Factory 5 (2021)
Ori and the Will of the Wisps (out today)

Monster Hunter Direct happening now
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9095 on: September 17, 2020, 10:23:47 AM »
Monster Hunter Rise's big new additions are a grappling hook-like item and giant dog mounts that you can ride at high speeds (even up cliffs) without using stamina.  New monsters, too. 

This looks pretty high budget, damn.
 :whoo
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9096 on: September 17, 2020, 11:53:42 AM »
Disgaea 6 is coming to PS4, too, but only in Japan. 

It's really starting to feel like any time a game is listed as "exclusive," it's a bullshit lie as of late.  :lol
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #9097 on: September 17, 2020, 12:11:21 PM »

No improvements to camera for 64 and Sunshine is completely unacceptable. 64 in particular should have a modern camera. I've played it on original n64 hardware in the past year and the camera completely dates the game.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9098 on: September 17, 2020, 12:45:51 PM »

No improvements to camera for 64 and Sunshine is completely unacceptable. 64 in particular should have a modern camera. I've played it on original n64 hardware in the past year and the camera completely dates the game.

I have it now and have been playing it for a bit-

64: Was never a big fan of this game.  Looks sharper and cleaner than the original, but the game runs windowed.  Looks and feels dated and really should have gotten a full remake.

Sunshine: The cut scenes look awful, but the game looks great and has proper 16:9.  Unfortunately, it only runs at its original 30 FPS and feels kind of jarring after playing Galaxy.

Galaxy: HOLY SHIT THIS IS GOOD.  Looks fantastic and is much better sans-waggle.  Gyro can be used for the pointer stuff so you can play it 100% with a regular controller.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 12:50:41 PM by bork »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #9099 on: September 17, 2020, 12:50:51 PM »
Monhun looks great! Getting into the series with Generation Ultimate & World I'm down for this. Maybe even try out Stories.

Disgaea 6 is finally 3d and it looks ok? Might play this if I ever play 5 first.

Rune Factory looks nice budget too.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9100 on: September 17, 2020, 12:51:14 PM »
I imagine Galaxy don't work with the Daemon X Machina splitcons.

Himu

« Reply #9101 on: September 17, 2020, 01:06:33 PM »
64 really needs a full remake and I have no idea why they haven't done it especially in light of DS version having more features. This release of 64 is many ways a regression.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #9102 on: September 17, 2020, 01:15:51 PM »
Bebpo play DKC2 IMMEDIATELY. It's a god tier platformer.

IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #9103 on: September 17, 2020, 01:17:40 PM »
Nintendo has not figured out this whole "Remaster" thing yet.  Link's Awakening was a good start, but still charged too much for a lack of content.  But whateves.. Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9104 on: September 17, 2020, 01:21:49 PM »

It should- when playing the game portable, you can use the touch screen for the pointer stuff.  Will try it out with the split cons in a minute for you.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9105 on: September 17, 2020, 01:22:27 PM »

:rejoice
dog

Himu

« Reply #9106 on: September 17, 2020, 01:27:45 PM »
Wtf is monhun stories
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9107 on: September 17, 2020, 01:31:07 PM »
Wtf is monhun stories

Looks like a more traditional style RPG?  The original game was made for kids and was more like Pokemon AFAIK.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9108 on: September 17, 2020, 01:38:43 PM »
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9109 on: September 17, 2020, 01:45:57 PM »

It should- when playing the game portable, you can use the touch screen for the pointer stuff.  Will try it out with the split cons in a minute for you.

So it works, but since you need to use the touch screen for pointing, it's kind of awkward.  Definitely much easier with regular joycons. 

Do you need to use the pointer for a lot of action-based stuff?  If so, I don't think the game is going play well this way, although I guess you could just detach the right joycon and use it like a pointer. 

Edit- nope, you can't do that!  :lol  So I guess touch screen it is if you want to play it portable.  I'm messing around and it seems OK so far.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 01:50:34 PM by bork »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #9110 on: September 17, 2020, 02:02:28 PM »
Wtf is monhun stories

Kids rpg, like Ni no kuni in Monster Hunter with a bit of pokemon.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #9111 on: September 17, 2020, 02:58:49 PM »
Word? Never did play Stories, but that sounds more enjoyable than Monster Hunter itself
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #9112 on: September 17, 2020, 03:46:16 PM »
Yeah, I mean the stories games were supposed to be good (I think there were two?), I just never played them since they seemed a little too kid-like. Nothing against them though and with better visuals like the new one I might play it.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9113 on: September 17, 2020, 04:15:30 PM »

The ball and manta ray need the motion controls right? Think the split pads don't have it.

paprikastaude

« Reply #9114 on: September 17, 2020, 07:09:29 PM »

:rejoice

:yuck :hhh Trash art design in the vein of newer Story of Seasons games that's somehow even weebier than before. I really don't care anymore for these iterations when they already had the more "realistic" environments in A Wonderful Life or RF Frontier. Especially the latter managed to hide its technical weakness with good art direction way better than this new one.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 07:28:50 PM by Spieler1 »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9115 on: September 17, 2020, 07:25:58 PM »
Their budget is probably $10 and a big bottle of sake. Frontier and Tides of Destiny clearly had a decent amount of money put into them [comparatively], and were probably a big reason why Neverland went bankrupt.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #9116 on: September 17, 2020, 07:46:28 PM »
I've never played the series before, but it looks like Atelier and Trails and stuff now, that seems pretty good for mid-tier Japanese rpgs?

mormapope

« Reply #9117 on: September 17, 2020, 11:07:45 PM »
Hades is fantastic game and it stands next to the best rouge lites. Very charming characters and writing, runs and looks great on Switch, perfect difficulty, fun builds and combat right from the start, addictive and not frustrating.

GOTY contender.
OH!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9118 on: September 17, 2020, 11:57:08 PM »
Monster Hunter Stories 2 interests me, but that's about it.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #9119 on: September 18, 2020, 02:38:43 AM »
Is Hades switch only? Why do people care about this game?

edit: Oh I thought it was F2P, miss me with that $20
fat