Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5509487 times)

agrajag

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| 2016 renewed for a 3rd season
« Reply #12540 on: January 06, 2018, 01:28:53 AM »
I didn't realize until recently that people get legit mad about milk shake duck.

I want to know why but also I probably don't.

Nah

« Reply #12541 on: January 06, 2018, 01:45:59 AM »
I mean I read that tweet and I still thought it might be true because Trump really is that stupid.  :trumps

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #12542 on: January 06, 2018, 02:03:54 AM »
Poe's law is a double edged blade, bratan.

etiolate

« Reply #12543 on: January 06, 2018, 02:35:38 AM »
Stupid? We'd all watch The Gorilla Channel.

Next on THE GORILLA CHANNEL. It's the blazing hit, Ferocious Gorilla Brawls 5: This One Has Nunchucks

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #12544 on: January 06, 2018, 06:00:40 AM »
Plenty of people watching the Fox channels :yeshrug
ὕβρις

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #12545 on: January 06, 2018, 12:08:48 PM »
1. Low Energy Jeb
2. Liddle Marco
3. Lyin' Ted
4. Sloppy Steve
5. Crooked Hillary

Nola

« Reply #12546 on: January 06, 2018, 12:44:02 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/949618475877765120

i'm, like, really smart and stuff :derp

I’m not sure which makes this moment in American history more farcical, that the Commander in Chief of the global hegemon is a walking embodiment of the Dunning-Kruger Effect, or that eventually, post-contemporaneous accounts of this presidency are going to have to devout entire chapters to the enormous daily influencing role of fucking Steve Doocy:

« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 01:34:58 PM by Nola »

kingv

« Reply #12547 on: January 06, 2018, 02:53:48 PM »
I’m sorry but sloppy Steve is the best one yet, specifically because it has hints of vulgarity.

Nola

« Reply #12548 on: January 06, 2018, 04:38:37 PM »
I’m sorry but sloppy Steve is the best one yet, specifically because it has hints of vulgarity.

It's the opposite for me. I just can't get behind a nickname that puts two words together that no person's imagination should be involuntarily forced to inhabit in the same mental image.

It's like a GOATSE troll by the brain :kobeyuck

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12549 on: January 06, 2018, 04:55:44 PM »
Fuckin’ Flynn (that one’s only used behind closed doors)
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #12551 on: January 06, 2018, 05:29:00 PM »
should drug testing be required for unemployment pay?

etiolate

« Reply #12552 on: January 06, 2018, 06:14:34 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/06/opinion/sunday/alt-right-asian-fetish.html

This article is such trash it got dunked on by Mike Cernovich.

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/949763065335095297

It's full of all the racist ideas popular in the progressive left that the Dems have to kick out of their message. It's not exactly a shocker the idiot writer assumes a Persian is Asian because she thinks every middle easterner looks like the baddies from Indiana Jones. It's just hilarious that they did it in an attempt to attack racists.

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #12553 on: January 06, 2018, 06:31:01 PM »
Slovenly Steve is way more accurate, but I suppose that's a reach, vocabulary wise for ole' Dilettante Donald.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #12554 on: January 06, 2018, 08:18:48 PM »
Sloppy Steve
Floppin' Flynn
Ebola Etoilet
rub

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #12555 on: January 06, 2018, 08:29:09 PM »

It's full of all the racist ideas popular in the progressive left that the Dems have to kick out of their message. It's not exactly a shocker the idiot writer assumes a Persian is Asian because she thinks every middle easterner looks like the baddies from Indiana Jones. It's just hilarious that they did it in an attempt to attack racists.
Persia was in Asia. :ufup

etiolate

« Reply #12556 on: January 06, 2018, 08:29:46 PM »
I am the light. :rejoice

Fear me dorks  :woken

etiolate

« Reply #12557 on: January 06, 2018, 08:32:57 PM »

Persia was in Asia. :ufup

Russia is in Asia, too

:putin

:rollsafe

kingv

« Reply #12558 on: January 06, 2018, 09:45:40 PM »

It's the opposite for me. I just can't get behind a nickname that puts two words together that no person's imagination should be involuntarily forced to inhabit in the same mental image.

It's like a GOATSE troll by the brain :kobeyuck

I don’t know, he looks like the type of dude that licks some other dudes load out of his wife’s snatch.

I always turn those videos off st that point, because it disgusts me, but assuredly they all look sort of like Steve bannon. Fat white dudes in their 50s/early 60s.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #12559 on: January 06, 2018, 10:31:57 PM »
should drug testing be required for unemployment pay?

underrated shitpost

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #12560 on: January 07, 2018, 04:41:13 AM »
I Am Eric Trump. My Family Won’t Let Me Talk Because I Am an Anarcho-Feminist Committed to Kurdish Liberation

Over the past few years, I have been mocked on late-night comedy programs as a silent dolt. It makes sense for Western liberals to mock what they don’t understand, but what they think is silence due to a childish stupidity is actually a decades-long censorship campaign of my political beliefs. My family won’t let me talk because I am an anarcho-feminist committed to Kurdish liberation.

When I was a young boy, I lived with my grandparents in Zlin, Czechoslovakia. One day, when my grandmother was subjugated to patriarchal wage slavery at a shoe factory, and my brother Don was out shooting endangered deer with Kalashnikovs, I found a strange book on her shelf titled, The National Road To Kurdish Revolution by Abdullah Öcalan. I didn’t realize it then, but this author, the imprisoned leader of the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK), would become the most important person in the world to me, a man that I would soon call Apo, or father.

By the time I graduated from the Wharton School of Business, I had devoured Abdullah Öcalan’s works on anti-capitalist Kurdish feminism. And in 2002, in solidarity with my grandmother and proletarian matriarchs everywhere, I legally changed my middle name from “Vegas” to “Dapîr,” the Kurdish word for grandmother.

Apo imparted me the very brilliance I believe my grandmother saw in me all of those years ago. I discovered that the problem with The Apprentice was not that it was an exploitative sham, but that there is no ethical “apprenticeship” under capitalism. Apo taught me that the problem with Trump University was not that it was a fraudulent university, but that the school forbade me from teaching a class on Jineology — Kurdish anarcho-feminism — thus denying me tenure because of my political beliefs.

Öcalan taught me that America will only be safe when southeast Turkey, northeast Syria, and northwest Iraq are autonomously controlled by decentralized women’s councils. I tried to convince my birth father of this during his presidential campaign, but to this day, he insists that “bombing the hell out of ISIS” is the only answer. I even quoted Leyla Zana at a campaign meeting, saying, “Kurds are like fire: if approached kindly, they will warm you; if approached badly, they will burn you.” When General Michael Flynn heard this, he threatened to send me to Turkish prison.

When General Flynn wanted the Trump campaign to make a deal with Turkish dictator Recep Tayyip Erdogan to extradite Fethullah Gulen, an exiled Turkish rival and cleric, I protested at the meeting by eating Cheerios, a well-known symbol of women’s divinity. In hindsight, I realize this may have exacerbated my perception as an overgrown baby, and I curse my kulak brother for leaking this nonviolent resistance out of context to Saturday Night Live. But I protested Gulen not because collusion with a foreign power was a violation of federal law, but because Fethullah Gulen’s fundamentally structuralist conception of peace with a Kurdish state does not recognize intersectional anarcho-feminism, thus representing milquetoast neoliberal pacifism rooted in systemic ethno-nationalist hegemony. General Flynn convinced my father to never let me speak, or eat, in public again.

Indeed, General Flynn, Erdogan, and my so-called Trump “family,” have systematically silenced my message of feminist Kurdish liberation. Ivanka controls my Twitter account. Whenever I feel like a prisoner in my own four-star hotels, I am reminded of the struggle of Apo, currently a prisoner on Imrali. While the notorious Turkish prison island is his prison, mine is the Trump National Doral Miami Hotel Executive Suite bathroom. My gruel is room service and complimentary bath products.

There will come a day when I will liberate my dear Apo as well as my fellow Kurdish comrades in anarcho-feminism, and my grandmother will be smiling down on me, ji ezmên. There will come a day when Jineology conquers capitalism, the state-sanctioned patriarchy, and late-night TV show ratings. But until then, I — and in some way all of us — stand silently in the back of a press conference in sad, Trump-brand chains.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
i'm just fishing for valhelm likes
[close]
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #12561 on: January 07, 2018, 05:41:27 AM »
retrospective:
Speaking at a breakfast in Boulder, Colo., Howard Dean recalled signing a civil-union bill when he was governor of Vermont and said, ''A great many L.G.B.T. groups -- for those of you who are not initiated, that's shorthand for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender groups -- asked me to come speak all around the country.'' On one of those occasions, Dr. Dean was complimented on his appearance. ''There's a term for that,'' he said. ''It's called metrosexual.''

A Denver Post reporter, Joey Bunch, put Dean's use of the word high in his coverage, which was picked up widely. However, the reporter noted, ''then he waffled.'' The candidate quickly added a comment dissociating himself from knowledge of, or approval or disapproval of, the new narcissism: ''I'm a square. I've heard the term, but I don't know what it means.''
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #12562 on: January 07, 2018, 08:36:48 AM »
retrospective:
Speaking at a breakfast in Boulder, Colo., Howard Dean recalled signing a civil-union bill when he was governor of Vermont and said, ''A great many L.G.B.T. groups -- for those of you who are not initiated, that's shorthand for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender groups -- asked me to come speak all around the country.'' On one of those occasions, Dr. Dean was complimented on his appearance. ''There's a term for that,'' he said. ''It's called metrosexual.''

A Denver Post reporter, Joey Bunch, put Dean's use of the word high in his coverage, which was picked up widely. However, the reporter noted, ''then he waffled.'' The candidate quickly added a comment dissociating himself from knowledge of, or approval or disapproval of, the new narcissism: ''I'm a square. I've heard the term, but I don't know what it means.''

LGBTM

:woody

benjipwns

« Reply #12563 on: January 07, 2018, 12:00:00 PM »
his correction is actually quite accurate and honest

i always thought it was funny that the sorta boring, totally centrist, pragmatic square of a governor was turned into a firebrand leftist and had such nutroots support when he didn't even totally oppose the Iraq War as much as it being done without the UN, etc., his health care plan was to the right of the other candidates (let alone the ones four years later) and based around tax credits, he had supported school vouchers, didn't want a whole host of further gun bans and restrictions, campaigned on his record balancing budgets including by cutting government, became the first Democrat to ever opt out of the public financing for campaigns system...yet you would've thought he was closer to Dennis Kucinich and a Department of Peace, when he was probably only to the "left" of Joe Lieberman on military stuff and because his hand was forced on civil unions (lol at that compromise back in the day)

and that was all before his infamous SCREAM which was after he had already lost the whole thing

benjipwns

« Reply #12564 on: January 07, 2018, 12:00:48 PM »
JOHN DERBYSHIRE ON CHARLES MURRAY, talk about a must read!

benjipwns

« Reply #12565 on: January 07, 2018, 12:12:59 PM »
THE CORNER THE ONE AND ONLY.

“Please, Nominate This Man” Reconsidered
 by RICH LOWRY   
February 18, 2004 3:40 PM

Kathryn, I know you are joking, but I have gotten a lot of genuinely angry complaints that NR helped bring Dean down with our “Please, Nominate This Man” cover. A couple of points for all you out there steamed about that cover (especially today!): 1) Democrats probably were going to figure out that Dean was a disaster with or without us, but our cover may have helped. 2) We’re not in the business of hiding our opinions, and our opinion was a Dean nomination would be catastrophic for the Democrats—so we publicized that opinion in the most dramatic way we could. 3) To the extent the cover did hurt Dean (I’m still amazed at how many liberal Democrats are aware of that cover), I’m glad since he was a noxious influence on the Democrats and our national politics. We should want the Democrats to be as reasonable and responsible as possible, and at least John Kerry is more of both of those things than Howard Dean.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/75695
:doge

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #12566 on: January 07, 2018, 02:58:13 PM »
Bannon back on that Trump dicc. :mouf
©@©™

shosta

« Reply #12567 on: January 07, 2018, 04:15:43 PM »
Won what, a world's best dad contest?
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #12568 on: January 07, 2018, 06:19:29 PM »
I remember stories about Dean's wife not campaigning for him. Not treated as a real controversy, but as something that was weird enough to warrant an explanation.

After Trump and Roy Moore, all this shit feels so quaint.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #12569 on: January 07, 2018, 06:53:26 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/950103659337134080

The Gorilla Channel must have had some good shows this weekend.
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #12570 on: January 07, 2018, 07:22:26 PM »
Wikileaks just posted the whol Michael Wolff book. What are they just doing piracy now?

Where is season 7 of game of thrones?

bluemax

« Reply #12571 on: January 07, 2018, 08:01:55 PM »
Wikileaks just posted the whol Michael Wolff book. What are they just doing piracy now?

Where is season 7 of game of thrones?

Reddit already has those spoilers.
NO

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #12572 on: January 07, 2018, 08:31:14 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/367853-trump-starting-workday-later-to-spend-more-time-watching-tv-and
President Trump is starting his official workday later and spending more time in the mornings watching TV and tweeting, Axios reported Sunday.

Trump’s day is now starting around 11 a.m. and he is also holding far fewer meetings during his workday, Axios reported after viewing copies of Trump’s private schedule.

The first part of Trump’s day is known as “Executive Time.” According to the schedule, it takes place in the Oval Office, but officials told Axios it actually takes place in the White House residence and consists of Trump watching TV and tweeting.
Trump reportedly arrives in the Oval Office for his intelligence briefing at 11 a.m., his first meeting of the day. He also returns to the residence by 6 p.m.

Shit, I never knew I was supposed to get credited for my internet fuckery while employed. Now that I'm working for myself, it's just wasted time…

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #12573 on: January 07, 2018, 08:33:48 PM »
Wow a president that's just like me after all!
rub

kingv

« Reply #12574 on: January 07, 2018, 09:15:22 PM »
The less Trump works the better, IMO.

« Reply #12575 on: January 07, 2018, 09:35:32 PM »

I have to take an executive shit.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:41:56 PM by thehunter116 »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #12576 on: January 07, 2018, 11:19:03 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I have to take an executive shit.

That's called "priming the pump," a phrase created by the same creative President who set "creative" precedent with "Executive Time" for wasted time used by the top of the Executive Branch.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #12577 on: January 07, 2018, 11:39:55 PM »
How long before he goes down the Reagan path and requires midday naps too?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #12578 on: January 07, 2018, 11:44:12 PM »
Trump’s schedule is significantly shorter than those of past presidents. Former President George W. Bush would arrive in the Oval Office by 6:45 a.m., and former President Obama would arrive between 9 and 10 a.m. after his morning workout.
smh obama setting a bad precident :wag

agrajag

« Reply #12579 on: January 07, 2018, 11:58:11 PM »
Trump’s schedule is significantly shorter than those of past presidents. Former President George W. Bush would arrive in the Oval Office by 6:45 a.m., and former President Obama would arrive between 9 and 10 a.m. after his morning workout.
smh obama setting a bad precident :wag

#45 is just conserving his finite energy. What did you expect him to waste it on morning workouts? That's called being smart.

El Babua

« Reply #12580 on: January 08, 2018, 12:22:52 AM »
Trump, like many other intellectuals have come to realize that humans can only work effectively for a short period of time before diminishing, and eventually negative returns come into play.

Hopefully he'll spearhead the 28 hour workweek as one of his campaign issues next election.  :doge

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #12581 on: January 08, 2018, 09:06:05 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/950103659337134080

The Gorilla Channel must have had some good shows this weekend.

In other words, it won't happen
©ZH

FStop7

« Reply #12582 on: January 08, 2018, 10:21:53 AM »
Meanwhile, at Mar A Lago...

agrajag

« Reply #12583 on: January 08, 2018, 10:31:25 AM »
Jake Tapper did an interview with Mr. Burns

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #12584 on: January 08, 2018, 12:45:59 PM »
Here's the thing. Team Trump is smart to keep being like "The American people don't care about you and your fake news. We care about the manufacturing people out of jobs!"
That talk track has and will continue to take them far. Especially since the democrats are still focusing on identity politics and thinking that they can win the next election because they're not Trump (didn't work for Hillary). Really the DNC should be shouting from the roof tops that Trump isn't doing anything for those people, but they aren't. You hear peeps about it. But they're too caught up in righteous indignation to do anything effectual.  So Trump will continue to play that talk-track and it will continue to convince the stupid.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 01:06:41 PM by I'm a Puppy! »
que

kingv

« Reply #12585 on: January 08, 2018, 01:07:43 PM »
I guess it’s all relative.... but he’s still incredibly unpopular. I don’t see how that changes during his term, really.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #12586 on: January 08, 2018, 01:08:58 PM »
I guess it’s all relative.... but he’s still incredibly unpopular. I don’t see how that changes during his term, really.
Doesn't matter if all his supporters go and vote, the dems base stays the same, and the rest stay home.
que

agrajag

« Reply #12587 on: January 08, 2018, 01:14:48 PM »
His base has shrunk too. And he's definitely not winning Florida this time, Puerto Ricans will not forget 2017.

Nola

« Reply #12588 on: January 08, 2018, 01:30:33 PM »
Eh, There have been maybe less than a half dozen times in the last century where the party in power in the White House didn’t lose major seats in a mid-term. And none had a president this unpopular.

I think 1934, after 9/11, 98 with Clinton and maybe 1 or 2 more.

I think where this stuff may bite them is in 2020. Democrats seem to respond much more to positive, idealistic campaigning over negativity and fear like Trump thrives with. And not sure I see anyone fitting that well. It will once again be a battle of mobilization in key states, and Trump only needs to lose or have sit home a few people out of every 100 Trump supporters in key states, or a few more Democrats show up in key states to win it. So the challenge isn’t great but it’s there.

Though I guess I kind of see Trumps presidency much differentally. On the campaign trail he made populist economic appeals and overtures, as president he has basically abandoned that for his own identity politics and focused heavily on culture wars issues, from players kneeling, to Charlottesville, to picking fights with the Ball family, to the news today about the 200,000 Salvadorans. And he will no longer have the blank slate, write-your-own-adventure advantage. His Justice Department is taking a hard stand on marijuana, that even a majority of Republicans are against. He just had the net neutrality fiasco, failed to improve healthcare, the Puerto Rico disaster that ironically feeds more angry voters into a major swing state, and it will be ridiculously easy to hit his administration with charges of rampant cronyism.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #12589 on: January 08, 2018, 01:33:23 PM »
Doesn't matter if all his supporters go and vote, the dems base stays the same, and the rest stay home.

Don't need to rely on approval polls. There have already been special elections and the Dems have significantly overperformed in basically all of them.

« Reply #12590 on: January 08, 2018, 02:40:10 PM »

This is ignoring VA and Bama though.

And Common sense.

« Reply #12591 on: January 08, 2018, 02:40:54 PM »
His base has shrunk too. And he's definitely not winning Florida this time, Puerto Ricans will not forget 2017.

Those aren't "TRUE AMERICANS" though  :doge

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #12592 on: January 08, 2018, 02:54:04 PM »

« Reply #12593 on: January 08, 2018, 03:19:50 PM »

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #12594 on: January 08, 2018, 04:29:51 PM »
I agree dems will win big in 2018 but I don't think the end result will be what people think. IE that tax bill isn't being repealed anytime soon, and instead we'll likely see some of the business perks and top rates adjusted. Dems will probably get their own "repeal and replace" fiasco, as republicans have faced over Obamacare.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #12595 on: January 08, 2018, 04:36:37 PM »
Well they're not getting shit signed into law with Trump in office.

Beyond that, I don't think they'll have a situation comparable to the GOP with Obamacare, if only cause it was such an incomparable clusterfuck.

kingv

« Reply #12596 on: January 08, 2018, 05:19:25 PM »

I will take bets against him in 2020. If you think he has a significant electoral advantage against random democrat, when he has over 50% of Americans that disapprove of him, I don’t know what to say.

Edit I also agree that the main thing that will happen if dems take the senate or Congress is they 1) stall the shit out of his agenda and any Congressional investigations become a lot less toothless.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:25:22 PM by kingv »

kingv

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Oprah/Uma 2020
« Reply #12597 on: January 08, 2018, 05:47:37 PM »
Also I hope Oprah picks that chick who wrote the secret as her running mate.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12598 on: January 08, 2018, 06:58:53 PM »
The last thing that Dems need to be talking about right now is 2020. Focus on taking Congress away from the GOP in 2018, then slap down the last two years of Trump's presidency.

Also, if we could contain presidential election talk to the year in which the election actually takes place, I would be supremely happy.
dog

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #12599 on: January 08, 2018, 08:02:33 PM »
Democrats handwringing about a speech made at an awards ceremony while republicans be like

vin