Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5449663 times)

kingv

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| The Benji Memo
« Reply #14340 on: February 16, 2018, 01:47:00 PM »
Mueller has finally indicted a bunch of Russians. About 13 internet trolls.

But here's the kicker
(Image removed from quote.)

He basically concludes the Trump people didn't know these Russians tried to collude with them.  :doge

This only sort of makes sense if you ignore all of the other pieces. The Donald JR emails  very clearly says something along the lines “continued Russian government support of Donald Trumps campaign”. If Donald’s a Trump was generally aware of this, yet hid it, still a crime.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #14341 on: February 16, 2018, 02:20:50 PM »
Me being a data geek I couldn't resist downloading the data and exploring it

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/now-available-more-200-000-deleted-russian-troll-tweets-n844731?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

I'm really enjoying 1-800-WOKE-AF tweets.
que

Himu

« Reply #14342 on: February 16, 2018, 02:38:09 PM »
:lol fuck Russia

IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #14343 on: February 16, 2018, 02:41:25 PM »
Now they're saying the Russians were also helping Bernie

Peter Daou Jack vindicated?

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #14344 on: February 16, 2018, 02:42:49 PM »
Russians vindicated :teehee

Himu

« Reply #14345 on: February 16, 2018, 02:44:50 PM »
Can’t believe the Russians were helping Bernie. :lol I did a double take when I read it in the report.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #14346 on: February 16, 2018, 02:48:12 PM »
Can’t believe the Russians were helping Bernie. :lol I did a double take when I read it in the report.

I think Comey may have been onto something when he testified that the main objective was to spoil Yass Queen's party.

kingv

« Reply #14347 on: February 16, 2018, 02:49:32 PM »
This kind of explains why nobody has heard about anything about BLM since 2016 apart from Patrice swearing up and down they are still relevant.

Apparent all the best “actions” were spearheaded by Russians.

etiolate

« Reply #14348 on: February 16, 2018, 03:01:49 PM »
RT is generally way far left so fake Bernie support trolling isn't surprising.

If you know the history of ussr propaganda efforts, this stuff isn't new. It's design is to create discord. It's amusing watching people trying to align a single political party behind it.  Th question being how much any of these efforts compare on the wide scale. Does it even compare to Russia's own RT station or other state prop like Al-Jazeera?

I guess in a dark way I just like watching the dance. People that know better pretending this is shocking and people who are truly in the dark being shocked or trying to come to grips with old news.

Nola

« Reply #14349 on: February 16, 2018, 03:06:38 PM »

I think Comey may have been onto something when he testified that the main objective was to spoil Yass Queen's party.

I thought that was kinda known? Russia, as did most of the world, including Hillary, assumed Hillary winning was a foregone conclusion. So one of the primary objectives was likely sowing discord, trying to poison the well of Hillary. If we can get Trump elected awesome, Putin will be happy with us, if not we will just settle on weakening and destabilizing shit to make life miserable for Hillary, who Putin has apparently hated going back to the 90’s.

I remember there being a lot of that talk around January last year and such when everyone was first going nuts over this and you had former intelligence people on every talk show it seemed like.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #14350 on: February 16, 2018, 03:26:11 PM »
I suspect Bernie Sanders had been compromised ever since he honeymooned to the USSR. Maybe he's a robot.
每天生气

etiolate

« Reply #14351 on: February 16, 2018, 03:28:53 PM »
I am curious if there will be blowback for US agents who currently do the same job in foreign countries.

shosta

« Reply #14352 on: February 16, 2018, 03:30:04 PM »
that would require intellectual consistency or recognizing that the CIA's entire job is to literally break laws and disregard sovereignty
每天生气

etiolate

« Reply #14353 on: February 16, 2018, 03:34:09 PM »
Oh i meant blowback done by foreign countries. I imagine there is a bit of honor among spies that every major country is doing this to each other and not to make a big deal out of it. The US is going ahead with it because Mueller needs to start showing something. Does he get an okay from the CIA before hand? Or does this put CIA's ops in danger now that a unspoken agreement has been broken?

The worst thing is that this gives Louis Mensch more leash. :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14354 on: February 16, 2018, 03:35:10 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/964594780088033282

:trumps

How many people will jump off rooftops if this is really the end of it?  :doge
🤴

Nola

« Reply #14355 on: February 16, 2018, 03:42:37 PM »
Gates, Flynn, and old Pappy didn’t get plea deals to wrap this whole thing up on a Friday afternoon to announce indictments about 13 people in Russia that will never be prosecuted.

kingv

« Reply #14356 on: February 16, 2018, 03:48:25 PM »
Oh i meant blowback done by foreign countries. I imagine there is a bit of honor among spies that every major country is doing this to each other and not to make a big deal out of it. The US is going ahead with it because Mueller needs to start showing something. Does he get an okay from the CIA before hand? Or does this put CIA's ops in danger now that a unspoken agreement has been broken?

It’s crazy to suggest that we should let other countries spies off the hook lest they arrest our spies.

shosta

« Reply #14357 on: February 16, 2018, 03:49:58 PM »
I read that Gates' charges might have to do with money laundering

:phil
每天生气

kingv

« Reply #14358 on: February 16, 2018, 03:49:59 PM »
Gates, Flynn, and old Pappy didn’t get plea deals to wrap this whole thing up on a Friday afternoon to announce indictments about 13 people in Russia that will never be prosecuted.

Gates would clearly have something new not included here since his plea was just copped like 3 days ago.

I’m suspecting weekend stories trying to explain who some of these people are.

Nola

« Reply #14359 on: February 16, 2018, 03:51:35 PM »
Though that is interesting Trump jumped to 2014.

You know what else also happened in November 2013?

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/347191326112112640?lang=en

:doge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #14360 on: February 16, 2018, 03:52:36 PM »
#BlackLivesMatter was their most retweeted hashtag by over double the next highest hashtag (BlackToLive).
que

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14361 on: February 16, 2018, 03:54:43 PM »
Official white house communication

Is Trump writing these himself with sharpies now that Hicks is stressed out?
🤴

Nola

« Reply #14362 on: February 16, 2018, 04:03:05 PM »
I read that Gates' charges might have to do with money laundering

:phil

I said last night this has to be considered one of the possibilities.

At the same time, this is the right hand man to Putin's man in the Ukraine. And Mueller, from my understanding, doesn't just throw plea deals around unless you have the goods. But certainly the goods could in this case just mean better buffering his case against Manafort. I suspect its more than that, but you never know.

etiolate

« Reply #14363 on: February 16, 2018, 04:25:35 PM »

It’s crazy to suggest that we should let other countries spies off the hook lest they arrest our spies.

it's long standing tradecraft

You monitor the known spies in your country. You can snatch them up in case you need to, which protects your spies if they get snatched.

The game is intelligence. Information. You may acquire more intel and can spread more false info by watching the spies than you do by imprisoning them.

Nola

« Reply #14364 on: February 16, 2018, 04:26:18 PM »
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/donald-trump-a-playboy-model-and-a-system-for-concealing-infidelity-national-enquirer-karen-mcdougal

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Whoever did the oppo research for Clinton really sucked at his job.  :doge

$150,000 to Stormy

$150,000 to Karen McDougal

....Wonder what a pee tape and unknown millions in loans from Russian linked lenders would get you?  :rollsafe

kingv

« Reply #14365 on: February 16, 2018, 04:28:25 PM »

You monitor the known spies in your country. You can snatch them up in case you need to, which protects your spies if they get snatched.

The game is intelligence. Information. You may acquire more intel and can spread more false info by watching the spies than you do by imprisoning them.

Unless you work for the CIA, you are talking straight out of your ass.

shosta

« Reply #14366 on: February 16, 2018, 04:28:48 PM »
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/donald-trump-a-playboy-model-and-a-system-for-concealing-infidelity-national-enquirer-karen-mcdougal

I do more for progressivism on an average Tuesday than you have in your entire life you rasping sack of shit.
每天生气

kingv

« Reply #14367 on: February 16, 2018, 04:29:55 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14368 on: February 16, 2018, 04:31:50 PM »
The Mueller investigation abridged

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

$150,000 to Stormy

$150,000 to Karen McDougal

....Wonder what a pee tape and unknown millions in loans from Russian linked lenders would get you?  :rollsafe
I know you are making fun of this situation but...

Law officials met with a Russian in Berlin who wanted a million for it
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/09/us/politics/us-cyberweapons-russia-trump.html

Part of that effort, the officials said, appears to be trying to spread information that hews closely to unsubstantiated reports about Mr. Trump’s dealings in Russia, including the purported video, whose existence Mr. Trump has repeatedly dismissed.

Rumors that Russian intelligence possesses the video surfaced more than a year ago in an explosive and unverified dossier compiled by a former British spy and paid for by Democrats. Since then, at least four Russians with espionage and underworld connections have appeared in Central and Eastern Europe, offering to sell kompromat to American political operatives, private investigators and spies that would corroborate the dossier, American and European intelligence officials said.

🤴

etiolate

« Reply #14369 on: February 16, 2018, 04:36:39 PM »

-= newsfeed =-

Unless you work for the CIA, you are talking straight out of your ass.

-= newsfeed =-

Nola

« Reply #14370 on: February 16, 2018, 04:38:38 PM »

Nah, the US has had no issue outing and attempting to punish espionage and those that have gone a step beyond intelligence gathering into the realm of active offensive attacks:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/us-charges-five-chinese-military-hackers-cyber-espionage-against-us-corporations-and-labor

Though certainly there are probably times where it is better to sit on a lead and see where it goes.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #14371 on: February 16, 2018, 04:59:02 PM »
How has this thread missed the most important political news of the week?

https://twitter.com/dhindes/status/961032777813520384

Nola

« Reply #14372 on: February 16, 2018, 05:17:35 PM »

I know you are making fun of this situation but...

Law officials met with a Russian in Berlin who wanted a million for it
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/09/us/politics/us-cyberweapons-russia-trump.html

Part of that effort, the officials said, appears to be trying to spread information that hews closely to unsubstantiated reports about Mr. Trump’s dealings in Russia, including the purported video, whose existence Mr. Trump has repeatedly dismissed.

Rumors that Russian intelligence possesses the video surfaced more than a year ago in an explosive and unverified dossier compiled by a former British spy and paid for by Democrats. Since then, at least four Russians with espionage and underworld connections have appeared in Central and Eastern Europe, offering to sell kompromat to American political operatives, private investigators and spies that would corroborate the dossier, American and European intelligence officials said.

I am but I'm not.

There was always this argument that went "why would Trump care about a pee tape enough to be compromised? Nothing else has tanked him, and he seems to not give a shit about anything." Which Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal getting paid off by Trump toadies throws a bit of cold water on that. It was always a question of whether Trump considered these things to be damaging for his image, damaging enough to try and take steps to prevent their release, not whether they actually are damaging in reality, and clearly he was worried about these things more than a lot of contrarians thought. Heck, more than I thought.

But honestly, if there is a working relationship, or an attempt at one, it probably had little to do with a pee tape. Trump fell into financial trouble after a slew of bankruptcies and was having a difficult time securing loans, which led him to seek out alternative funding. He was seemingly bailed out by a number of places that all seem to have something in common. From Deutsche Bank, that loaned him 100's of millions of dollars around the same time they got caught laundering billions for the Russians, Bayrock, that helped develop Trump SoHo, which it was alleged a lot of money laundering occurred with from whistle blowers, and oligarchs in Russia that bought property well above market rates to clean their money with as Trump looked the other way and went on to eventually pay for his Miss Universe in Moscow to the tune of tens of millions. The same Miss Universe pageant Trump held hour long meetings with higher up members of the Kremlin and Kremlin tied oligarchs:

D. TRUMP: I really loved my weekend. I called it my weekend in Moscow. But I was with the top-level people, both oligarchs and generals and top-of-the-government people. I can't go further than that, but I will tell you that I met the top people.

Meetings which were later confirmed by people like Agalarov on Russian TV, that they spent a lot of time discussing political matters with Trump. So yeah, for me it’s enough to not handwave this coordination stuff as fever dreams.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 05:24:51 PM by Nola »

hampster

« Reply #14373 on: February 16, 2018, 05:53:31 PM »

What's worse ??? Getting fucked by Trump or fucked by the lawyers taking 45% of your hush money :yuck
Zzz

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #14374 on: February 16, 2018, 07:58:25 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14375 on: February 16, 2018, 08:10:58 PM »
https://twitter.com/josheidelson/status/964610765431934977

cultural marxism wins again
These people just have never met that 'type' of programmer before.  They really mean no harm, they just have 0 empathy or people skills.
Something works or doesn't work and if it doesn't work it needs fixing.

One of the programmers at my workplace advocated for killing off everyone over 75 to fix pretty much every problem modern humanity faces.
It took us the 'grandchildren be sad when grandma dies' argument to convince him it wasn't the best idea and then he settled for just killing those with no children as they were infertile and essentially dead anyway.

We pay these people to come up with the most efficient solutions for problems, so don't be surprised when they start 'fixing' non-code things the same way.

This was just a lunch conversation but if I had asked him to make some graphs on the pro-cons and run a simulation he would've done it.
🤴

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #14376 on: February 16, 2018, 08:53:03 PM »
we need to do something about these nerds before they kill us all

Freyj

« Reply #14377 on: February 16, 2018, 09:01:46 PM »
That “type” of programmer is a miserable fuck to work with. Developer culture fucking sucks.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #14378 on: February 16, 2018, 09:09:17 PM »

Hmmm. Really activates the almonds. :thinking

agrajag

« Reply #14379 on: February 16, 2018, 09:56:52 PM »
My ass just obliterated the toilet

Good people don't do what you do.

I have IBD you piece of shit

etiolate

« Reply #14380 on: February 16, 2018, 11:17:39 PM »

that's.. dangerous

the memo was science

and the YT CEO basically repeated the argument

Apparently the discrimination lawsuit is still going. It's just a bit worrying that accepted knowledge is now discriminatory.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #14381 on: February 16, 2018, 11:34:29 PM »

Hmmm. Really activates the almonds. :thinking
As a father of a son with autism, this might just be the most offensive thing I've ever heard about my son's disability :(
que

« Reply #14382 on: February 16, 2018, 11:53:45 PM »

that's.. dangerous

the memo was science

and the YT CEO basically repeated the argument

Apparently the discrimination lawsuit is still going. It's just a bit worrying that accepted knowledge is now discriminatory.

:dayum

bluemax

« Reply #14383 on: February 16, 2018, 11:55:06 PM »
That “type” of programmer is a miserable fuck to work with. Developer culture fucking sucks.

As a programmer I agree. Especially in games where you have to be able to work and talk with people who aren't programmers. Only at bad companies though have I seen programmer's with poor empathy levels be rewarded.
NO

shosta

每天生气

etiolate

« Reply #14385 on: February 17, 2018, 12:44:57 AM »
I thought we figured this out

HE'S A VAMPYREE VAAAAMPYRE

« Reply #14386 on: February 17, 2018, 01:38:56 AM »
THE BEES

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14387 on: February 17, 2018, 05:58:19 AM »
https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/964587418795085825

Ian Bremmer is basically the liberal go-to geo-political analyst and writes for Time Magazine (which did the 'Kremlin/White House'  cover).
This guy has lunch which basically all the top diplomats, ambassadors etc. and gives them advice for the big bucks.
He just used the same argument I have ever since Mr. Orange got elected.

I've never seen a bigger back peddle in my life.

🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14388 on: February 17, 2018, 06:51:24 AM »
I wonder if these indictments were done on purpose to get Trump to back off? Basically, you have a bunch of shit, you start with the shit that gives the appearance that it doesn't touch the president. Then when you're finally done with all the work, you do the stuff that hits the president. It's like a priority system to help with self-preservation.

So now Trump is all like, see!? no collusion! But Mueller et al did that on purpose to give themselves room. All the shit that hits Trump is gonna come towards the end. And then Trump will try to fire Mueller but it'll be too late.
Here's the problem with that theory.

Nixon had a state and spy apparatus working for him, a law and order reputation and a lot of people who depended on his political success and were willing to defend him at their own expense
Donald Trump has Sean Hannity, his golf buddies and everyone else in Washington hates him, including most members of the GOP, FBI, CIA and about 35% of his administration (among them Steve Bannon and Amarosa) who he has already thrown under the bus

Mueller could make a deepfake with Trump and some Russian, claim it is the tape and the Russians hold it over his head and call Kelly or Mattis to arrest him for treason.  :doge

Mueller will now have to make the case that not only did Trump beat Hillary Clinton, he also ran an elaborate conspiracy with the Russians to engineer his victory and managed to hide it in a way that it was nearly untraceable.
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #14389 on: February 17, 2018, 08:58:13 AM »
 :confused

kingv

« Reply #14390 on: February 17, 2018, 09:29:15 AM »

I’m curious what’s next too. Clearly gates and Flynn and Papadopoulos didn’t turn state for this indictment. If they did that would basically be the evidence of collusion, so there is absolutely more to come.

There is also an unnamed 14th coconspirator listed. Maybe that’s relevant, maybe it isn’t.

What is clear is that Mueller knows a lot more than what has been publically available to date. A whole lot more. He basically seemed to know when everyone in the IRA took a shit. This is consistent with the Dutch hacking stories, IMO.( Sorry you had to take that particular L again etiolate)

Based on this, I’m willing to believe that possibly Trump was just a patsy, a dumb barely literate man surrounded by people who were collaborating with Russia (possibly Manafort) while he was eating KFC, listening to Hannity and flirting with a heart attack.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #14391 on: February 17, 2018, 12:15:01 PM »
THE NEVERENDING PRIMARY CONTINUES:
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders declined to directly address Friday's revelation that Russian actors sought to boost his presidential primary campaign and sink Hillary Clinton's in 2016

Clinton and her spokesman have not yet commented on the indictments.

Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez said in a statement that “this indictment gives us a chilling look at just how sophisticated, well-funded and wide-ranging this attack on democracy really was. It should send chills up the spine of every American.”
Henry Acosta · Works at Self-Employed
What about the millions Sanders took in foreign donations and Stein. I bet Mueller will be looking at that also. Sanders and Stein may go down also. I mean, why did Sandes vote NO on the new Russian sanctions law, that trump is refusing to enact or follow. Keep watching!
Ken Sandale
Sanders is a more sinister version of Trump--a complete degenerate with degenerate followers who kept screaming that Hillary was rigging the nomination (by winning primaries).
JJ Mulvey
Sanders supporters were played. Will any of them admit it? Of course not.
Ian Blake
Yep and the time for Bernie Sanders to speak up was in July 2016 when it was painfully obvious something really fishy was happening with his "supporters" and instead he let Jeff Weaver and his other attack dogs scream at anyone who dared question his online situation
Zack Pierce · Compliance Associate at AIG VALIC
Nope. Especially the young, naive, politically clueless babies that actually cried like girls at a Beatles concert when sanders DID NOT get the nom in '16. He said "free college" and they lost ALL common sense they may have had. They will never admit that they FUCKED UP BIG-TIME. This is the generation that thinks you can be a man one day, then say you are a woman the next day, then say you are a robot the next day. These are the spoiled kids that shouted down their parents in the 90s. I saw these kids growing up. They were 5-10 years younger than me.
PJ O'Sullivan · New York, New York
The propoganda Russian used against Hillary worked. Where are all those Bernie supporters today? Do they recognize their complicity? Are they questioning their views on Clinton? Or were they always in St. Petersburg?

History is going to be very kind to Hillary. Like most minorities and outcasts, we are held to higher standards. That higher standard is a reflection of deep seated bigotry. And I think that bigotry against strong, ambitious, powerful women on both sides of the aisle was exposed.

Will people recognize it in themselves? I don’t know. But History will when looking back at our actions.
Tommy Morris · University of Dallas
As someone who once thought highly of Sanders, I was disappointed that he decided to oppose Hillary. I knew, at minimum, Republicans would use his campaign to harm Hillary. It turns out it was worse than I imagined it would be.

It is a sure bet the Russians were behind trying to keep Sander's campaign alive and viable longer than it should've been and Sander's relucatance to concede earlier, wasn't helpful.

NOW, he is talking about running again...this needs to be discouraged.
James R. Ruston · Occidental College
I would not be surprised if Russia did try to promote Sanders over Hillary. If they did, they certainly succeeded. Hillary lost three states--Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin--by the narrowest of margins. Had Bernie bots not voted voted for Stein or stayed home, she would have won. Thanks Bernie bots. Trump thanks you also.

agrajag

« Reply #14392 on: February 17, 2018, 12:20:28 PM »
 :ohhh

It all adds up!

Bernie is a communist

Tasty

« Reply #14393 on: February 17, 2018, 12:33:14 PM »
inb4 jack's furious masturbating

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #14394 on: February 17, 2018, 12:37:27 PM »
It does all really make you wonder, is Bernie Sanders the most flatout and unrepentant evil person in human history?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14395 on: February 17, 2018, 01:07:17 PM »
It does all really make you wonder, is Bernie Sanders the most flatout and unrepentant evil person in human history?

Some people are saying...
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14396 on: February 17, 2018, 01:08:10 PM »
"How about a photo op in a hospital where they're treating the children who have been shot"

"Sir, that might not be a good idea"
"NO COLLUSION, I'm free now, the burden has been lifted"

🤴

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #14397 on: February 17, 2018, 01:12:12 PM »

These people just have never met that 'type' of programmer before.  They really mean no harm, they just have 0 empathy or people skills.
Something works or doesn't work and if it doesn't work it needs fixing.

One of the programmers at my workplace advocated for killing off everyone over 75 to fix pretty much every problem modern humanity faces.
It took us the 'grandchildren be sad when grandma dies' argument to convince him it wasn't the best idea and then he settled for just killing those with no children as they were infertile and essentially dead anyway.

We pay these people to come up with the most efficient solutions for problems, so don't be surprised when they start 'fixing' non-code things the same way.

This was just a lunch conversation but if I had asked him to make some graphs on the pro-cons and run a simulation he would've done it.

A better idea would be to force most people between 50-65yo to construct a massive, three trillion dollar rocket that will launch all baby boomers into space. That way you free up jobs, stimulate the economy (they'll be paid to construct the rocket), and save Medicare and social security.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14398 on: February 17, 2018, 01:24:58 PM »
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/964863807171461121

Welp, The White House and Fox News have begun the victory lap.
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #14399 on: February 17, 2018, 01:49:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/964863807171461121

Welp, The White House and Fox News have begun the victory lap.

Kind of stupid to do a victory lap, people are not exactly excusing Trump right now.