Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5441984 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| The Benji Memo
« Reply #14460 on: February 20, 2018, 03:21:58 AM »
They won't have a chance against the J. C. Watts 2020 machine.

benjipwns

« Reply #14461 on: February 20, 2018, 03:32:02 AM »
The Sanders/Putin/Obama conspiracy striking from the bench now:
On Friday, Judge Emmet Sullivan issued an order in United States v. Flynn that, while widely unnoticed, reveals something fascinating: A motion by Michael Flynn to withdraw his guilty plea based on government misconduct is likely in the works.
Mueller must now provide Flynn all exculpatory evidence: Significantly, if the information is favorable to Flynn but the special counsel’s office believes it is immaterial, government attorneys must nonetheless provide the evidence to Sullivan to allow him to make the call.
More and more evidence now that Obama purposely allowed 2016's Pearl Harbor/9-11 to happen and did nothing about it. Indicating he was part of the Sanders/Putin/Stein/Rice/Uranium One/Jeb! collusion probably for years.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #14462 on: February 20, 2018, 04:09:22 AM »
lmao i didn't know this sign had been put up:
(Image removed from quote.)
Brought to you by Fark.com: Democracy Dies in Darkness.
每天生气

kingv

« Reply #14463 on: February 20, 2018, 08:03:10 AM »
The Sanders/Putin/Obama conspiracy striking from the bench now:
On Friday, Judge Emmet Sullivan issued an order in United States v. Flynn that, while widely unnoticed, reveals something fascinating: A motion by Michael Flynn to withdraw his guilty plea based on government misconduct is likely in the works.
Mueller must now provide Flynn all exculpatory evidence: Significantly, if the information is favorable to Flynn but the special counsel’s office believes it is immaterial, government attorneys must nonetheless provide the evidence to Sullivan to allow him to make the call.
More and more evidence now that Obama purposely allowed 2016's Pearl Harbor/9-11 to happen and did nothing about it. Indicating he was part of the Sanders/Putin/Stein/Rice/Uranium One/Jeb! collusion probably for years.

I thought this was a serious article until I realized they were using the memo as a source.

Edit: I read a bit more about this, and it might be the dumbest conspiracy ever.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:04:01 PM by kingv »

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #14464 on: February 20, 2018, 11:35:04 AM »
Also Jackson being that high

Fuck me. I mean, say what you want about the tenets of Indian genocide, Dude, at least it's an ethos.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14466 on: February 20, 2018, 12:30:04 PM »
©@©™

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #14467 on: February 20, 2018, 01:28:51 PM »
Like any other (former) NeoGAF member, my dong is 12" long thankyouverymuch.

Nola

« Reply #14468 on: February 20, 2018, 06:26:58 PM »
Alex Van Der Zwaan, a former attorney at an international law firm, pleaded guilty to lying to federal agents about the last time he communicated with Paul Manafort’s longtime business partner, Rick Gates. Van Der Zwaan is the latest figure swept up in Robert Mueller’s expansive probe of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election to admit to the charges against him.

Mueller’s interest in Van Der Zwaan, who helped produce a report about a contentious trial in Ukraine at Manafort’s behest, may be a signal that the special counsel is ramping up pressure on Manafort—whose connections to Russia and high-level role on the Trump campaign could prove invaluable to Mueller’s probe.

Gates is reportedly nearing his own plea deal with Mueller, according to the Los Angeles Times, but Manafort has continued to fight the charges he faces. His uphill battle to prove his innocence, however, will get steeper with Van Der Zwaan’s guilty plea.

“Manafort is looking at 10 years in prison and is approaching 70 years of age,” said the former federal prosecutor Jeff Cramer, now managing director at Berkley Research Group. “I don’t think he wants to risk spending that time in Cellblock D. The next inquiry is what, if anything, does Manafort know with respect to the Russian contacts with the Trump transition team or administration.”

William Yeomans, a former deputy assistant attorney general who spent 26 years at the Justice Department, agreed. “Mueller wants to put enough pressure on Manafort by making his conviction appear unavoidable to convince him to plead and cooperate,” Yeomans told me. “Manafort, doubtless, has a great deal to offer regarding the campaign’s contacts with Russia.”

One month later, Mueller’s team accused Manafort and Gates of using “one of their offshore accounts to funnel $4 million to pay secretly” for the 300-page Tymoshenko report. Manafort has denied all of the charges, but  Skadden could shed more light on the extent to which Manafort was involved in hiring and paying the firm on Yanukovych’s behalf.

Van Der Zwaan’s father-in-law, Khan, owns Russia’s Alfa Bank along with Mikhail Fridman and Petr Aven. The three billionaires sued BuzzFeed News last year over its decision to publish a dossier written by the former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele that alleged, among other things, Alfa Bank’s involvement in Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/mueller-van-der-zwaan/553793/

Not that it wasn't already widely assumed, but Manafort seems fucked. Especially now that you have another person turning state's witness that can corroborate things on the financial end.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14469 on: February 20, 2018, 06:30:22 PM »
Always felt like Manafort was fucked, in that his business model seemed to rely on a low level of legal scrutiny.

I hope for his sake that the dudes he owes that $17 million to are understanding about the whole situation.

benjipwns

« Reply #14470 on: February 20, 2018, 06:42:04 PM »
Yeah, I never thought Manafort had good prospects, even had Mueller not roped his case into his purview. This is arguably good for him considering the feds will want to protect the case as the biggest fish.

What he's facing is nothing considering his history. This guy was working for Mobutu, Marcos, etc. his deals with Yanukovych were more like typical consultancy rip-offs. He has all kinds of bad loans that long predated the Ukraine stuff. He was already under FBI investigation for like two years before he joined the Trump campaign.

iirc, the feds are the one who by all accounts essentially told Trump to kick Manafort out of his campaign.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14471 on: February 20, 2018, 06:57:00 PM »
There's definitely a War Dogs/Thank You For Smoking style movie in the Manafort biography.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14472 on: February 20, 2018, 07:49:21 PM »
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/966098911634034688
yasss the fuckery continues.

#teamfuckery
🤴

Nola

« Reply #14473 on: February 20, 2018, 07:56:13 PM »
Democrats just won another special election, this time in Kentucky, in a district Trump won by nearly 50 points.

It's a bit of an odd one, in that the previous winner, the Republican, apparently committed suicide after allegations of sexual assault of a 17 year old came to light, so his wife ran to replace him, and the winner, Linda Belcher, had held that same seat at one time before. So in context it's not that crazy. Still, it is the 39th special election seat since Nov 16 to flip red to blue, compared to the 5 seats that flipped blue to red.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C2MVeM2K7WgqmJw5RCQbWyTo2u73CX1pI8zw_G-7BJo/htmlview?sle=true#
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 08:15:42 PM by Nola »

benjipwns

Boredfrom

« Reply #14475 on: February 20, 2018, 08:58:09 PM »
Democrats just won another special election, this time in Kentucky, in a district Trump won by nearly 50 points.

It's a bit of an odd one, in that the previous winner, the Republican, apparently committed suicide after allegations of sexual assault of a 17 year old came to light, so his wife ran to replace him, and the winner, Linda Belcher, had held that same seat at one time before. So in context it's not that crazy. Still, it is the 39th special election seat since Nov 16 to flip red to blue, compared to the 5 seats that flipped blue to red.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C2MVeM2K7WgqmJw5RCQbWyTo2u73CX1pI8zw_G-7BJo/htmlview?sle=true#

I guess the voters were not thrilled of learning that they voted for a rapist.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14477 on: February 21, 2018, 11:26:36 AM »
Damn millenials obsessed with social network validation.

kingv

« Reply #14478 on: February 21, 2018, 01:38:54 PM »
New charges on Manafort... though specifics are under seal.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #14479 on: February 21, 2018, 02:11:06 PM »
Damn millenials obsessed with social network validation.

Literally mad their russian bot followers can't help them spread their bullshit.  :mueller
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:48:01 AM by Brehvolution »
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14480 on: February 21, 2018, 04:01:46 PM »
https://gizmodo.com/conservative-twitter-users-lose-thousands-of-followers-1823185428

:six:
Noticed this too.

@murkyblurperNazi343 and @WashingtonGOP_er really weren't Russian bots. They were my best FRIENDS!

This is the best

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 04:14:04 PM by Nintex »
🤴

« Reply #14481 on: February 21, 2018, 05:16:42 PM »
Won't somebody think of the Russian Bots!  :brazilcry :putin

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14482 on: February 21, 2018, 05:50:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/966437427748462599

Just arm the teachers
 :trumps

Other than that he handled this as well as you can expect Donald Fucking Trump to handle situations like this
https://youtu.be/0-6Co6geSw8?t=2835
🤴

FStop7

« Reply #14483 on: February 21, 2018, 06:07:03 PM »
I don't suppose anyone called him out over his son retweeting claims that those kids were paid actors.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #14484 on: February 21, 2018, 06:19:13 PM »
I can think of so many teachers that I would have been terrified of if they were armed

Shit, I know people my age who teach that definitely should not be armed

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14485 on: February 21, 2018, 06:22:52 PM »
Don't worry, there will be armed veterans fucked up from 4 tours in Iraq to shoot the teacher should anything go wrong
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/966436343961268225
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #14486 on: February 21, 2018, 06:23:29 PM »
How about we just cut the training middleman and just only employ hunters or gun hobbyists as teachers from now on?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14487 on: February 21, 2018, 06:25:18 PM »
How about we just cut the training middleman and just only employ hunters or gun hobbyists as teachers from now on?
How about just legalizing battle royale Fridays so everyone gets an equal opportunity to kill each other.
🤴

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14488 on: February 21, 2018, 06:28:03 PM »
So will the teachers have to buy their own gun (alongside other school supplies  :doge ), or will they be provided for by the school? If a teacher accidentally shoots a student, is the school liable? Is the state liable? Who pays for the training?

There are hundreds of schools in the nation that struggle providing basic amenities like...heat, air conditioning and water. And you would have me believe they can provide guns, ammunition, and self defense training to teachers? Or that congress, which regularly cuts education funding, is going to provide it?
:neogaf

Boredfrom

« Reply #14489 on: February 21, 2018, 06:30:14 PM »
I love that they ended it when the Sandy Hook parent spoke on how useless was the arming the teachers.

Arming teachers is such a moronic idea.

That said, at least Trump had the good sense of not namedroping political opponents.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #14491 on: February 21, 2018, 06:33:51 PM »
Why not just line the walls of the school with guns and ammo, that way anyone can help

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #14492 on: February 21, 2018, 06:39:24 PM »
Another idea I had was making it a requirement for students to wear shock collars that are controller by the administration staff and if a school shooter is detected they can activate it for all students until the police get there and figure out what is happening.

So will the teachers have to buy their own gun (alongside other school supplies  :doge ), or will they be provided for by the school? If a teacher accidentally shoots a student, is the school liable? Is the state liable? Who pays for the training?

There are hundreds of schools in the nation that struggle providing basic amenities like...heat, air conditioning and water. And you would have me believe they can provide guns, ammunition, and self defense training to teachers? Or that congress, which regularly cuts education funding, is going to provide it?
:neogaf

If teachers want to continue to be employed they should pay out of their own pockets to get gun training, guns, and ammo. No more free rides for public school teachers!!!

Boredfrom

« Reply #14493 on: February 21, 2018, 06:44:39 PM »
Does he think everyone is fucking Deadshoot and being able to kill someone with a automatic rifle with a handgun?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #14494 on: February 21, 2018, 06:52:13 PM »
If only teachers were armed when Trump was smacking them around as a youth

shosta

« Reply #14495 on: February 21, 2018, 06:53:42 PM »
Let me be as serious as I possibly can. I am not willing to risk the long term psychological, social, and even ethical development of students for the small possibility of preventing a mass shooting by turning their place of growth and learning into a mass surveillance prison system. It is terrifying to me in the deepest sense. What kind of damage are you doing to people by instilling in them on a daily basis that their lives are in danger at every second?
每天生气

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #14496 on: February 21, 2018, 06:54:48 PM »
What are you referring to?

shosta

« Reply #14497 on: February 21, 2018, 06:56:24 PM »
Nintex's tweet.
每天生气

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #14498 on: February 21, 2018, 06:59:46 PM »
Does he think everyone is fucking Deadshoot and being able to kill someone with a automatic rifle with a handgun?

I'm pretty sure he got Navy Seal level training when he created Trump Guns™ ("The World's Greatest Guns"). I want to go back to the pre-Obama America where I could walk into a Sharper Image and buy a gun without a background check.

Let me be as serious as I possibly can. I am not willing to risk the long term psychological, social, and even ethical development of students for the small possibility of preventing a mass shooting by turning their place of growth and learning into a mass surveillance prison system. It is terrifying to me in the deepest sense.

Since they'll be living in a mass surveillance prison system when they grow up, shouldn't we be preparing them for the real world?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #14499 on: February 21, 2018, 07:01:22 PM »
Let me be as serious as I possibly can. I am not willing to risk the long term psychological, social, and even ethical development of students for the small possibility of preventing a mass shooting by turning their place of growth and learning into a mass surveillance prison system. It is terrifying to me in the deepest sense. What kind of damage are you doing to people by instilling in them on a daily basis that their lives are in danger at every second?
One where people will talk about anything but limiting access to firearms, I guess. :thinking

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14500 on: February 21, 2018, 07:03:01 PM »
They're just training them for the dystopian corporate office spaces of the future.
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14501 on: February 21, 2018, 07:15:13 PM »
"Give guns to teachers" is a straight-up galaxy brain meme idea.

shosta

« Reply #14502 on: February 21, 2018, 07:15:22 PM »
They're just training them for the dystopian corporate office spaces of the future.
You joke, but, even if it's not intentional and I don't think it is, administrators are totally priming an entire generation of people for things that would be totally unthinkable to us now. I don't know if people remember the cold war drills in schools but even those weren't as bad as this. And in fact we've maintained cold war drills in the absence of nuclear threat by renaming them to earthquake drills and school shooter drills which were really communist invasion drills. Want to know the origin of school drills? Read about this mock Soviet insurrection and you'll figure it out.
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/columnists/on-wisconsin-communism-for-a-day-a-may-day-remembered/article_3d4b3e75-1649-5396-b682-3c192509dd83.html
So, you know, don't underestimate the school as a place for indoctrination. Or conditioning. Or dehumanization.
每天生气

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #14503 on: February 21, 2018, 07:33:25 PM »
I think teenagers would have to actually give a shit about anything their school administration tells them before that kind of line of propaganda would move the needle towards indoctrinating the youth of America. And not for nothing, but many high schools can be pretty dehumanizing already, and that's without the budget to blow on useless paranoiac fantasy bullshit like in that NBC video.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14504 on: February 21, 2018, 07:34:10 PM »
Eh, we have earthquakes drills here. They are useful.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14505 on: February 21, 2018, 07:35:35 PM »
And when the first (probably black) teacher gets shot by SWAT, who didn't know he was a Good Guy With A Gun instead of the school shooter, I look forward to Dana Loesch explaining why he'd still be alive if he had simply followed the proper techniques of "having a gun out when SWAT is in the area."

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14506 on: February 21, 2018, 07:47:02 PM »
And when the first (probably black) teacher gets shot by SWAT, who didn't know he was a Good Guy With A Gun instead of the school shooter, I look forward to Dana Loesch explaining why he'd still be alive if he had simply followed the proper techniques of "having a gun out when SWAT is in the area."

Or the first time a teacher panics and shoots a kid, cause they think they're reaching for something.

Been told for the last five years that police shootings are split-second life-or-death decisions made under extreme duress, that even with the use of weapons being an integral part of their training and profession it is still so difficult that they should almost never be punished for fucking up. The same people are now suggesting we arm and essentially deputize the entire workforce of teachers and that it will be fine, cause they'll have a 16 hour handgun safety course or whatever.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:43:09 PM by Mandark »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14507 on: February 21, 2018, 07:49:26 PM »
Arming the teachers is a great idea, since now school shooters won't even have to bring their own gun they can just beat up a teacher and take theirs!
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14508 on: February 21, 2018, 08:11:06 PM »
Don’t worry, it’s not like they’re gonna give schools the money to actually pay for this dumbass idea.
©@©™

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #14509 on: February 21, 2018, 08:23:59 PM »
Look, you want some gun control? The answer is simple. Have a few black guys go on a mass shooting spree white boy style. The moment that starts happening regularly, boom, you get gun control laws.

:trumps
que

shosta

« Reply #14510 on: February 21, 2018, 08:32:11 PM »
A black guy killed five police officers in Dallas during a peaceful BLM demonstration of all things and they passed a law letting people carry guns onto college campuses.
每天生气

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #14511 on: February 21, 2018, 08:35:12 PM »
A black guy killed five police officers in Dallas during a peaceful BLM demonstration of all things and they passed a law letting people carry guns onto college campuses.
Let me qualify that.

Schools or Country music or conservative gatherings. Trust me, enough of these from black guys even the NRA is going to be like "Well....maybe we don't really need those AR-15s"
que

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #14512 on: February 21, 2018, 08:46:50 PM »
Not that I disagree with the suggestion that they’re crazy but campus carry was signed into law over a year before the Dallas shootings.

kingv

« Reply #14514 on: February 21, 2018, 09:14:59 PM »
Remember that dumb mother fucker that was standing outside of the schools pretending to be a marine after Sandy Hook to protect his school?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14515 on: February 21, 2018, 09:53:45 PM »
Rubio
:dead

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14516 on: February 21, 2018, 10:52:26 PM »
Listening to this town hall, Dana Loesch is claiming that the NRA fully supports the Baker Act and other means of preventing mentally ill people from acquiring a gun strikes me as ducktales. I can't fathom conservatives supporting the ability of the state to visit your home, arrest you, take you to a state run institution to be mentally evaluated, and then take away your guns based on the decision of that institution.

Nola

« Reply #14517 on: February 22, 2018, 12:27:34 AM »
The NRA has been playing that game for decades now it seems.

"We support the law, why don't people enforce the laws on the books?!!"......"Are people done looking? Now hold my gun while we push these pieces of legislation through our subservient reps that undercut the enforcement capability of the laws on the books."

...Oh ATF? You have 370,000 inquiries to trace the registration origin of a firearm requested by local law enforcement officers? Ok, lets cap your budget so you have enough for only 50 employees(fight to the death if you try to add much additional funding) and lets see how you do without any sort of searchable database. If they deviate even a slight smidgen from that ridiculous forced beuracracy, you get assholes like Andrew Napolitano riling up the nutters about the ATF collecting a master list and coming for your guns if Hillary is elected. Which the NRA then uses to pass around their mailing list. But sure, they support all the laws on the books.