Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5439348 times)

seagrams hotsauce

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| The Benji Memo
« Reply #14880 on: February 23, 2018, 06:51:12 PM »
Having CDC alone do firearm studies is a bad idea. Democrats

don't run the CDC lolol

I’m still against it. I want the truth. Not some partisan thing bought by Bloomberg or even worse, something bought by the NRA. Whoever runs the CDC study will be influenced by the government in charge at that time. That should make anyone skeptical of such a thing in an age of partisanship.

Yeah, I'm sure the scientists at the Center for Disease Control are really heavily influenced by politics when they're studying paramecium and shit. The ridiculous paranoia that politics will influence epidemiology totally justifies doing no studies of gun violence anywhere

Himu

« Reply #14881 on: February 23, 2018, 06:52:32 PM »
Having CDC alone do firearm studies is a bad idea. Democrats

don't run the CDC lolol

I’m still against it. I want the truth. Not some partisan thing bought by Bloomberg or even worse, something bought by the NRA. Whoever runs the CDC study will be influenced by the government in charge at that time. That should make anyone skeptical of such a thing in an age of partisanship.

Yeah, I'm sure the scientists at the Center for Disease Control are really heavily influenced by politics when they're studying paramecium and shit. The ridiculous paranoia that politics will influence epidemiology totally justifies doing no studies of gun violence anywhere

I said flat out just now I fully support studies on gun violence.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #14882 on: February 23, 2018, 06:52:42 PM »
Also a family member was murdered the other week by an illegal who was deported THREE TIMES in a drunk driving accident

The fuck does that have to do with anything? THE FUCK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH DREAMERS??

:stop :stop :stop

He was an illegal immigrant. Bet you won’t see Nancy Pelosi doing eight hour filibusters for that.

This is some low-key(?) racism gurl. Not a good look. :ufup

Himu

« Reply #14883 on: February 23, 2018, 06:54:22 PM »
Cindi if you want to hang out with white dudes who like guns why don't you go to a Redneck Revolt meet up or something at least

Yes, because only white dudes value guns. I am actually joining Pink Pistols and a black gun organization.

But those are just white dude rednecks I guess whose opinions don’t matter.

Here is my buddy Piper representing.

That wasn't an attack, I was saying they're better than Republicans.

I don’t know who they are. I thought you made them up.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14884 on: February 23, 2018, 07:17:53 PM »
Dream act rewards people whose parents brought them here illegally awarded for it. UC Berkeley is giving hundreds of thousands of dollars to Dreamers while actual legal immigrants and born citizens struggle with student loans. Putting these kids above American citizens? Nah. I also don’t like what the dream act says,”as long as you’re under 16 and make it to America and live here for five years” you can get a sure path to citizenship? No. Fuck that. Also a family member was murdered the other week by an illegal who was deported THREE TIMES in a drunk driving accident. Nah. Strong borders. Legal immigration.

dog

sphagnum

« Reply #14885 on: February 23, 2018, 07:19:51 PM »
Cindi if you want to hang out with white dudes who like guns why don't you go to a Redneck Revolt meet up or something at least

Yes, because only white dudes value guns. I am actually joining Pink Pistols and a black gun organization.

But those are just white dude rednecks I guess whose opinions don’t matter.

Here is my buddy Piper representing.

That wasn't an attack, I was saying they're better than Republicans.

I don’t know who they are. I thought you made them up.

Unlike everyone else on this site I am not so rude  :doge

They're an antifascist/leftist gunhaver group but they're not like Antifa - they don't run around and beat people up or whatever. They mostly act as security and try to do outreach to other gunhavers to sway them away from the far right. "Guns are fine, but racism is not."

You might find them interesting. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/11/redneck-revolt-guns-anti-racism-fascism-far-left

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #14886 on: February 23, 2018, 07:27:07 PM »
Can we please go back to something truly important

Like the fact that 17 people, among them children, were murdered and the simplest way to prevent that amount of death is to make sure mentally unstable people can't acquire death machines
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:35:47 PM by TakingBackSunday »
püp

Himu

« Reply #14887 on: February 23, 2018, 07:27:20 PM »
Seems ok. I’ll read up on them.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #14888 on: February 23, 2018, 07:30:05 PM »
Can we please go back to something truly important

Like the fact that 17 children were murdered and the simplest way to prevent that amount of death is to make sure mentally unstable people can't acquire death machines

Agreed, the police shouldn’t go to someone’s house 38 times in eight years before doing something. The FBI should also done something. The police reports and fbi report should have appeared on his NICS. But nope. Negligence on all areas of governance.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14889 on: February 23, 2018, 07:30:23 PM »
DREAM Act rewards people whose parents brought them here illegally. Like, here’s your reward, we’ll allow you to continue existing!
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #14890 on: February 23, 2018, 07:41:58 PM »
I’m empathetic to illegal immigrants. Jesus and his family went to Egypt to flee persecution after all.

https://cruxnow.com/vatican/2018/01/01/pope-says-world-must-not-extinguish-hope-hearts-migrants-refugees/

But I don’t think the dreamer act is the best way of handling things. The fact that they tried to blackmail democrats by threatening to self deport themselves if nothing was done wasn’t a good look.

Succeed sounds much better as an alternative to the dream act since it is based on merit.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #14891 on: February 23, 2018, 07:43:08 PM »
DREAM Act rewards people whose parents brought them here illegally. Like, here’s your reward, we’ll allow you to continue existing!

These scum will eventually get cars and kill people by the truckloads by driving drunk. Deport all 3.6 million of them! Who cares if it'd be Trail of Tears 2.0? Fuck you got mine, you illegal bitches!

Himu

« Reply #14892 on: February 23, 2018, 07:43:55 PM »
I never said any of that. :lol
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14893 on: February 23, 2018, 08:04:04 PM »
Jack:

Texas has open primary but I must choose a party and unfortunately I’m registered Democrat.

http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Beto_O%60Rourke.htm

Beto:

Negatives:

Pro-abortion
Supports Dream act
Beto on guns: “Universal background checks, scrutinizing concealed carry reciprocity for states that don’t have laws that are as stringent as Texas, and allowing the Centers for Disease Control to study gun violence is critical, O’Rourke said.”

Positive:

Good civil rights record
Good stance on environment
Raise minimum Texas wage to 10 dollars

No thank you.

Ted:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Ted_Cruz.htm

Negatives:

- anti-lgbt
- voted no on violence against women act
- pro-death penalty calling into question his seriousness of his pro-life stance. Definitely not a Catholic.
- climate change denial for corporation masturbation

Positives:

- anti-abortion
- would not bail out the banks
- fiscal conservative
- economic affirmation action
- school choice

:larry

Neither.
Vote for fuckery, vote Republican

Gib Trump more Republican votes for his insane ideas

🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14895 on: February 23, 2018, 08:28:12 PM »
http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2018/feb/23/ted-deutch/did-mass-shootings-increase-200-percent-assault-we/

:delicious

I picked out the relevant bit:

Nonetheless, mass public shootings have become deadlier over the last decade, as the number of victims shot and killed has increased since the expiration of the assault weapons ban, Duwe said.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14896 on: February 23, 2018, 08:37:33 PM »
That piece is quite something.

"Well more people died but population increased"
"It wasn't actually 200% but 183%"
"We shouldn't draw conclusions really"
"Maybe you should start by looking at the year 1900"

:doge
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #14897 on: February 23, 2018, 08:45:46 PM »
Yup jokes on me. 

You've proven that Interacting with you is a waste of one's time.

Welp. Even in your worst moments I have tried to listen to your point of view. Is frustrating because I think you are smarter than most people here give you the credit for.

Himu

« Reply #14898 on: February 23, 2018, 08:48:22 PM »
http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2018/feb/23/ted-deutch/did-mass-shootings-increase-200-percent-assault-we/

Nonetheless, mass public shootings have become deadlier over the last decade, as the number of victims shot and killed has increased since the expiration of the assault weapons ban, Duwe said.

Nice cherry pick.

Right after:

“It’s also worth noting that there isn’t an universally accepted definition for mass shootings.”

It’s reasonable to question what a mass shooting well and truly is.

After all...

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2018/feb/23/philip-levine/14-schools-shootings-2010-florida-not-really/

IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #14899 on: February 23, 2018, 09:17:06 PM »
Cindi will be a Sandy Hook truther in less than a year, calling it.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #14900 on: February 23, 2018, 09:28:20 PM »

Nice cherry pick.

Right after:

“It’s also worth noting that there isn’t an universally accepted definition for mass shootings.”

It’s reasonable to question what a mass shooting well and truly is.

After all...

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2018/feb/23/philip-levine/14-schools-shootings-2010-florida-not-really/

Those are ALL school shootings. The problem with guns is that it makes the intention to commit violence MORE deadly. It does not change the reason people hurt each other.

Go read about all those stabbing sprees in China where one guy stabs like a dozen people and no one dies. Let that same type of guy get a gun with high capacity magazines and the result will be different.

Also dreamers don't mean shit as far as incidence drunk driving. That's a seriously glib, fucked up lesson to take away from your loss.

And lastly how the fuck are gun laws supposed to change if the government doesn't have a study that gives hard facts on which gun control ideas actually make sense. The CDC is consistently pushed around and has funding cut whenever they've published something that goes against the ideals of the party on power. Notably by Republicans who love guns and supposedly love abstinence. You want to have politicians removed from having any authority over the agency, or give the research grant to a university (which is obviously going to be liberal leaning anyways), then fine that's cool.

Himu

« Reply #14901 on: February 23, 2018, 09:39:27 PM »
Those weren’t all school shootings by the standard definition.

As we know, Democrats have a tendency to lie and use made up or padded stats when it comes to mass shootings.

After all...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/no-there-havent-been-18-school-shooting-in-2018-that-number-is-flat-wrong/2018/02/15/65b6cf72-1264-11e8-8ea1-c1d91fcec3fe_story.html?utm_term=.1a8587cc15ee

Democrats love talking about how unsafe America is and how common mass shootings are when they used with scant evidence even when their own cities burn with gang crime. When you get to define the terms, a school shooting is considered one even if it’s a suicide on an abandoned elementary school parking lot.

Juke the stats. It’s okay. We won’t check. :jawalrus

Also I literally said universities should be doing this. I think it should be a coalition of bipartisan support made by the cdc in addition to crime scientists, and universities.

Cindi will be a Sandy Hook truther in less than a year, calling it.

Ha!

No. That was real and a complete travesty.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #14902 on: February 23, 2018, 09:44:58 PM »
As we know, Democrats have a tendency to lie and use made up or padded stats when it comes to mass shootings.

Yes, yes, only Democrats lie... :crazy

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14903 on: February 23, 2018, 10:21:19 PM »

©@©™

Himu

« Reply #14904 on: February 23, 2018, 10:59:02 PM »
Not one but FOUR officers stood outside while this was happening. But guns, the NRA, and fucking bat shit are the problem. Rely on these people, liberals say. “Call the police!” when shit hits the fan. And of course this comes out after the town hall. The lesson? You only have yourself to rely on. The state, the police, will not protect you. Heaven forbid if you live in a black neighborhood. But don’t worry. You’re just crazy for wanting guns for self defense. You’re crazy for being the least bit skeptical regarding agencies. Great advertisement for conservatism and self reliance tbh. These police as well as the sheriff should all resign. The four officers should be charged with accessory for murder. Not a shock the sheriff is focusing so much on guns. And these people called Dana a murderer. Police have my respect, but they have no obligation to protect you.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html?sr=twCNNp022318parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies0436PMStory&CNNPolitics=Tw
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #14905 on: February 23, 2018, 11:11:49 PM »
Splitting hairs about what defines mass shootings is a disgusting misread of the fucking point.

Children are being terrorized in schools.  Shootings occurring in schools IN ANY CAPACITY is a fucking nightmare.

Restrict access to guns, have better security measures, make sure mentally unstable people are taken care of.  ALL of this needs to fucking happen.
püp

« Reply #14906 on: February 23, 2018, 11:20:08 PM »
 :neogaf :sabu :hans1 :iface

You know what would have prevented so many deaths?

Not being able to buy an M-16 knockoff designed to kill multiple people.

For both this and Vegas.

« Reply #14907 on: February 23, 2018, 11:20:49 PM »
Splitting hairs about what defines mass shootings is a disgusting misread of the fucking point.

Children are being terrorized in schools.  Shootings occurring in schools IN ANY CAPACITY is a fucking nightmare.

Restrict access to guns, have better security measures, make sure mentally unstable people are taken care of.  ALL of this needs to fucking happen.

Nah the answer is more guns.

You know what will stop that heroin epidemic? Give the doctors guns.  :doge

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #14908 on: February 23, 2018, 11:50:19 PM »
Doctors owning guns would be the most American thing. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.
🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾
每天生气

« Reply #14909 on: February 24, 2018, 12:06:49 AM »
Doctors owning guns would be the most American thing. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.
🇲🇾🇲🇾🇲🇾

The heckler and koch oath.  :doge

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14910 on: February 24, 2018, 12:13:11 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

dog

sphagnum

« Reply #14911 on: February 24, 2018, 12:18:01 AM »
Not one but FOUR officers stood outside while this was happening. But guns, the NRA, and fucking bat shit are the problem. Rely on these people, liberals say. “Call the police!” when shit hits the fan. And of course this comes out after the town hall. The lesson? You only have yourself to rely on. The state, the police, will not protect you. Heaven forbid if you live in a black neighborhood. But don’t worry. You’re just crazy for wanting guns for self defense. You’re crazy for being the least bit skeptical regarding agencies. Great advertisement for conservatism and self reliance tbh. These police as well as the sheriff should all resign. The four officers should be charged with accessory for murder. Not a shock the sheriff is focusing so much on guns. And these people called Dana a murderer. Police have my respect, but they have no obligation to protect you.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html?sr=twCNNp022318parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies0436PMStory&CNNPolitics=Tw

So who should've had guns in this scenario, the teachers (who don't want them) or the students (who are too young)?

agrajag

« Reply #14912 on: February 24, 2018, 12:24:59 AM »
The answer is everyone. Everyone should have guns. The more guns we have the safer we will feel.

Himu

« Reply #14913 on: February 24, 2018, 12:25:00 AM »
Who said anything about anyone inside the school itself having guns? I’m not a dumbass NRA’er. Stop stereotyping gun owners. You sound ridiculous. There were four officers who didn’t rush in after the first gunshot. Absolute negligence. But trust them to do their jobs. Right.

IYKYK

« Reply #14914 on: February 24, 2018, 12:26:24 AM »
The answer is everyone. Everyone should have guns. The more guns we have the safer we will feel.

Pets need love guns too!

agrajag

« Reply #14915 on: February 24, 2018, 12:28:18 AM »
But trust Mrs. Armstrong the algebra teacher to be the gun slinging hero in a situation that has actual cops running away  :doge

sphagnum

« Reply #14916 on: February 24, 2018, 12:30:48 AM »
Who said anything about anyone inside the school itself having guns? I’m not a dumbass NRA’er. Stop stereotyping gun owners. You sound ridiculous. There were four officers who didn’t rush in after the first gunshot. Absolute negligence. But trust them to do their jobs. Right.

When did I stereotype gun owners? Your post said "You only have yourself to rely on. The state, the police, will not protect you." Which sounded to me like you were saying people in the school would have to be looking out for themselves.

I'm not even against guns! Kind of hard to be as a communist.

Himu

« Reply #14917 on: February 24, 2018, 12:32:13 AM »
I have never claimed that all people should be armed. I only ever argued for personal choice.

This is why nothing gets done. You have stereotyped an entire perspective into a world view so narrow, that you think anyone who is pro-gun thinks of Fox talking points. Where opinions are misrepresented by your bullshit to joke at. I say there are four officers at the scene who didn’t do their jobs and you think I care who in the school was armed? Exactly being pro-gun has drastically pushed me more to the right. A point should be understood but the left just mocks because you have a stereotype to affix.

It’s like you’re playing a game of telephone where statements get twisted and distorted because you view anyone pro gun as the enemy.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #14918 on: February 24, 2018, 12:34:22 AM »

When did I stereotype gun owners? Your post said "You only have yourself to rely on. The state, the police, will not protect you." Which sounded to me like you were saying people in the school would have to be looking out for themselves.

Fuck no! I’m talking in general. If the police cannot rush inside to help children inside a damn school when gun shots are going off how in the FUCK are they going to protect you if you’re being robbed or in some other situation?

I said nothing of armed teachers or students. That is YOUR assumption.
IYKYK

bluemax

« Reply #14919 on: February 24, 2018, 12:34:27 AM »

Yup.
NO

sphagnum

« Reply #14920 on: February 24, 2018, 12:39:01 AM »

Fuck no! I’m talking in general. If the police cannot rush inside to help children inside a damn school when gun shots are going off how in the FUCK are they going to protect you if you’re being robbed or in some other situation?

I said nothing of armed teachers or students. That is YOUR assumption.

Well, I misread your post then. Like I said, I'm not anti-gun as a general rule.

But at the same time, knowing that there's a 0.001% chance of the proletariat waging a successful revolution against the US military  and that if the material conditions in the country degenerated to such a point that revolution would be in the air anyway the legality of weaponry wouldn't really matter, I'm fine with further restricting access to some weapons that would help prevent these kinds of senseless slaughters.

« Reply #14921 on: February 24, 2018, 12:45:51 AM »
Why does the left wanting assault style weapons banned = all guns.

Please show me that leap in logic.

sphagnum

« Reply #14922 on: February 24, 2018, 12:48:02 AM »
I'm in favor of gun control if it means communists control the guns.

« Reply #14923 on: February 24, 2018, 12:50:18 AM »

Wouldn't only one group having the weapons cause unease and friction?

sphagnum

« Reply #14924 on: February 24, 2018, 12:51:33 AM »

That's what the gulag is for, duh

shosta

« Reply #14925 on: February 24, 2018, 12:53:01 AM »
Friction requires two sides. It's more like meat tenderizing.
每天生气

« Reply #14926 on: February 24, 2018, 12:57:08 AM »

That's what the gulag is for, duh

:putin

etiolate

« Reply #14927 on: February 24, 2018, 01:18:22 AM »
WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT CHILDREN BEING KILLED

I DON'T THINK WE'VE MENTIONED THAT

CHILDREN TERRORIZED

ALL OF THEM

WE NEED TO DO MARCH MORE

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #14928 on: February 24, 2018, 02:13:39 AM »
Those weren’t all school shootings by the standard definition.

After all...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/no-there-havent-been-18-school-shooting-in-2018-that-number-is-flat-wrong/2018/02/15/65b6cf72-1264-11e8-8ea1-c1d91fcec3fe_story.html?utm_term=.1a8587cc15ee

Democrats love talking about how unsafe America is and how common mass shootings are when they used with scant evidence even when their own cities burn with gang crime. When you get to define the terms, a school shooting is considered one even if it’s a suicide on an abandoned elementary school parking lot.

Juke the stats. It’s okay. We won’t check. :jawalrus

Also I literally said universities should be doing this. I think it should be a coalition of bipartisan support made by the cdc in addition to crime scientists, and universities.

That's impossible. The problem is the CDC cannot do that research due to political fuckery.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/apr/06/cdc-congress-research-gun-violence-public-health

Which is why it makes sense for a politician to campaign against political fuckery. You don't need to rail against the CDC being corrupted by the party in power unless you find something actually wrong with their methodology.

Not the methodology used by liberal media who at most would spend a couple weeks gathering some numbers to publish a story while a mass shooting is still relevant.

On that note, nobody should give a fuck about mass shootings. They are not a threat you can worry about in real life due to how few people actually die from them. You have an orders of magnitude greater chance of being killed by your spouse using a small caliber handgun.

Unless you're an actual combat veteran, I would expect most people who have a gun in that situation to look out for themselves. Those thousand or so kids in your typical school should not expect anybody to come save them no matter how well-armed the populace is. The issue is with giving guns to everybody without a proper background check system.

Personally, the best gun control I would hope for is magazine size limits. No reason for a rifle to ever hold more than 5 rounds as far sporting uses. And maybe 10 rounds for handguns as they have only a self-defense use but to own one should require training, permits, waiting period (for suicide risks) and have a government database similar to vehicle titles.

Himu

« Reply #14929 on: February 24, 2018, 02:37:17 AM »
Why does the left wanting assault style weapons banned = all guns.

Please show me that leap in logic.

Because many say things like they want all semi autos banned when all modern guns are semi auto besides revolvers. Because there’s literally no difference between an “assault” style and a regular hunting rifle with the same caliber. Because many actually want to ban all guns.

Brawn: I will never agree on gun control with someone from California. Five round magazines for a rifle is robbery. Rifle deaths make a blip in the amount of gun deaths. Yet you want to limit that to five while handguns - the weapon of choice of most murders including many mass shootings - stays at 10 its usual default capacity? Your idea not only is not based on reality but around fear and lack of knowledge in gun data. It also punishes law abiding citizens because of criminals.

From a liberal news source:

There have been at least 267 incidents involving assault-style rifles in 2016, including reported weapons thefts, crimes in which the guns were brandished, arrests for illegal possession and other legal interventions in which they weren't fired.

Those deaths account for about 2 percent of the 6,153 gun deaths and less than 1 percent of the 12,560 gun injuries the Gun Violence Archive has counted so far this year. This tally consists largely of homicides and assaults, but also includes suicides that were part of a murder-suicide. It also counts accidental deaths, the majority of which involve handguns, not rifles.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/assault-weapons-deaths_us_5763109de4b015db1bc8c123

Why the focus on “assault weapons” then Brawn? Let me remind you.

If you ban “assault rifles” you might as well ban all hunting rifles. Oh, but lots of farmers and others use those for their livelihood like protecting their farm from wolves. But let’s give them only five cartridge magazines even though the amount of rifle deaths is very small (as awful as it is) because criminals used it for murder, right? Now you’ve run into a pickle. And that’s why you don’t listen to anyone from California on guns.

https://www.quora.com/Are-liberals-mistaken-by-claiming-hunting-rifles-are-different-from-assault-weapons-like-the-AR-15

Defending the cops for not going in is ridiculous. “Anyone not trained in the military?” You become a cop, you wear the uniform, you do your job. But...reminder. In America cops are not obligated to help you. Protect and serve is merely a motto. They are there to protect property and communities. So hey, maybe you’re right. Maybe we shouldn’t rely on cops. I completely agree.

More thorough background checks including mental health. More mental health funding. Boom.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:35:57 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #14930 on: February 24, 2018, 02:51:32 AM »

Given the communists I know and their propensity for censoring others and shushing dissent or criticism, I sure hope not. Picking up a shovel for my trip to the gulag.

IYKYK

« Reply #14931 on: February 24, 2018, 03:15:28 AM »
The assault rifle is the gun modeled after military grade weaponry.

People don't need to be firing 7.62mm and 5.56mm with high capacity mags and high cyclic rate/RoF.

You don't need those types of weapons to defend yourself. There is a specific definition for those types of guns (which by the way, no hunter needs to use m-14s).

Nola

« Reply #14932 on: February 24, 2018, 03:19:46 AM »

Because many say things like they want all semi autos banned when all modern guns are semi auto besides revolvers. Because there’s literally no difference between an “assault” style and a regular hunting rifle with the same caliber. Because many actually want to ban all guns.

Except there is. Source 2

But like everything else in the last 48 hours, you are not interested in having honest discussions with anyone, and you are honestly proving yourself not knowledgable enough to be taken seriously. So i'm just hoping this drawn out confirmation bias exercise to rationalize this gun fetish of yours is getting close to wrapping up, because at this point I am longing for the days of late night 1,000 word thesis on the foreign policy genius of Christopher Hitchens.

shosta

« Reply #14933 on: February 24, 2018, 03:42:12 AM »
A thesis that you engaged less than you engage Cindi Hairtrigger
:noah
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #14934 on: February 24, 2018, 03:54:27 AM »

But like everything else in the last 48 hours, you are not interested in having honest discussions with anyone, and you are honestly proving yourself not knowledgable enough to be taken seriously. So i'm just hoping this drawn out confirmation bias exercise to rationalize this gun fetish of yours is getting close to wrapping up, because at this point I am longing for the days of late night 1,000 word thesis on the foreign policy genius of Christopher Hitchens.

:lol

Bullshit.

That’s your source? That AR is designed to be efficient to kill? All guns are designed to kill efficiently. You go about this rant about how I’m not interested in dialogue? What the fuck are you you talking about? AR and semi auto hunting rifles USE THE SAME CALIBER. I’m not knowledgeable about it? So you use two sources from a trauma team surgeon?

You’re going to have to do better than that.

You say I have a gun fetish but you have a vendetta against guns. I don’t have a gun fetish at all. All I see liberal SCREECHING.

Prove me wrong. Show me ACTUAL SOURCES THAT ANALYZE MECHANISM OF THE GUN RATHER THAN ANECDOTAL MUSINGS FROM DOCTORS. AR’s are efficient at killing? No shit. And that still doesn’t change the fact that there are hunting rifles and AR’s with literally the same caliber with the same design with the same magazine load out you bumbling cherry picking fuck
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #14935 on: February 24, 2018, 03:59:54 AM »
I just re-read your source and it’s fucking pathetic. It mentions NOTHING OF HUNTING RIFLES. It specifically compares AR to HANDGUNS. My statement was that there’s literally no difference between an AR platform rifle and a semi auto hunting rifle. That is straight up FACTS. Find data to prove me wrong. But you can’t! Because you need to pull out awful sources out of your Mardis Gras ravaged ass.

I just checked the second source. AGAIN. It mentions nothing of hunting rifles you disengeous fuck. It specifically compares to HANDGUNS.

Let’s roll back a bit shit for brains.

Because there’s literally no difference between an “assault” style and a regular hunting rifle with the same caliber.

Here’s your article. Ah here it is.

The standard AR-15 bullet, as previously stated, carries kinetic energy of 1300 foot pounds; a typical hunting rifle bullet has between 2600 and 4000 foot pounds, meaning it has greater recoil. The excessive recoil of a hunting rifle precludes rapid firing on target, because of the obligatory motion of the gun and its impact on the shooter.

This depends on the gun, caliber, and the weight of the gun. This is straight duck tales.

And that’s literally ALL you have?

« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:33:21 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #14936 on: February 24, 2018, 04:40:38 AM »
Imagine thinking black people arming themselves en masse wouldn't result in widespread gun control again

« Reply #14937 on: February 24, 2018, 04:59:24 AM »
I mean...all a hunter needs is a high powered bolt action.

Why the hell do they need m-16s?

« Reply #14938 on: February 24, 2018, 05:03:30 AM »

Bullshit.

That’s your source? That AR is designed to be efficient to kill? All guns are designed to kill efficiently. You go about this rant about how I’m not interested in dialogue? What the fuck are you you talking about? AR and semi auto hunting rifles USE THE SAME CALIBER. I’m not knowledgeable about it? So you use two sources from a trauma team surgeon?

You say I have a gun fetish but you have a vendetta against guns. I don’t have a gun fetish at all. All I see liberal SCREECHING.

Prove me wrong. Show me ACTUAL SOURCES THAT ANALYZE MECHANISM OF THE GUN RATHER THAN ANECDOTAL MUSINGS FROM DOCTORS. AR’s are efficient at killing? No shit. And that still doesn’t change the fact that there are hunting rifles and AR’s with literally the same caliber with the same design with the same magazine load out you bumbling cherry picking fuck

While this is true, they don't necessarily use the same cyclic rate, velocity, magazine or type/grain/length of bullet.

Which is a key factor for those of us who want certain guns "banned". You don't need m16 styled(design, not just aesthetics) weapons for any reason other than "it looks cool".
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:10:08 AM by thehunter116 »

Himu

« Reply #14939 on: February 24, 2018, 05:40:46 AM »
Imagine thinking black people arming themselves en masse wouldn't result in widespread gun control again

Imagine being a liberal who claims to care about black people and uses arguments like this to actually win over black people. Never mind that very thing has been happening with black women being the largest buyer of guns. But no one on the right is pushing for gun control measures to stop “the blacks”. This mentality is exactly why I’ve left the party.

I mean...all a hunter needs is a high powered bolt action.

Why the hell do they need m-16s?

AR is not an m-16. M16 was an adaptation of the AR15. M16 and M4 are military. AR-15 and ar-10 are for civilians. M16 fires a 5.56 mm. In other words, Full. Metal. Jacket. and who are you to say,”all a hunter needs is ____?”

Bullshit.

While this is true, they don't necessarily use the same cyclic rate, velocity, magazine or type/grain/length of bullet.

Which is a key factor for those of us who want certain guns "banned". You don't need m16 styled(design, not just aesthetics) weapons for any reason other than "it looks cool".

It’s about design and aesthetics? That’s why they should be banned? But I thought they didn’t fire the same type? Standard AR-15 shoots .223 caliber cartridges. .223 is actually a weak cartridge. You say people don’t need it to hunt. All you need is a bolt action rifle.

The AR-15 platform is known for its accuracy, especially over longer distances. For some types of hunting, this characteristic is particularly useful for successful hunts. Each bullet type has varying effective ranges. The .223 is effective from 400-600 meters. An AR-15 chambered in .308 has an effective range to about 800 meters; .338 Lapua's effective range is about 1500 meters; and .50 BMG has the range of about one mile.

How useful are these various kinds of AR-15's for hunting? Well, Piers Morgan's claim that you wouldn't hunt a deer with one is only sometimes true — if, and only if, you are talking about .223 chambered AR-15's, and more critically, depending on where you live. In many states — but not all — it's not legal to hunt deer with this round because some believe the round isn't powerful enough to kill a deer, but just badly wound it. But some states allow deer hunting with .223 bullets for a variety of reasons and differing circumstances. At any rate, a .223 is perfect for small-game hunting, like coyote, fox, prairie dog, or other similar small-sized game. This is also sometimes referred to varmint hunting and many AR-15's are designed and marketed specifically as varmint hunting rifles. These typically have longer barrels to give the bullet better accuracy at the longer ranges typically involved when hunting this kind of game.

From a liberal source: https://mic.com/articles/24640/gun-control-myth-the-ar-15-is-not-actually-a-hunting-rifle

But like Nola and Phoenix Dark said, i clearly don’t know anything about guns! Is this the part where you admit that you want a ban because of aesthetics rather than anything to do with reality? You don’t give a crap about gun crime. If you did, you would be targeting handguns.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:49:00 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK