Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5434060 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| The Mushroom Character from Mario Kart
« Reply #24720 on: September 30, 2018, 10:35:05 PM »
We also don't venerate icons. (Well, except Mupepe.)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #24721 on: October 01, 2018, 03:06:13 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #24722 on: October 01, 2018, 03:14:54 AM »

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #24723 on: October 01, 2018, 07:37:06 AM »
I am genuinely starting to think that psychopaths in Washington stick together, this is why the Clintons are such good friends with Kissinger. Another example:

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1046468803520073729

https://twitter.com/Ian56789/status/1046536494234685441

kingv

« Reply #24724 on: October 01, 2018, 10:10:45 AM »
I’ve been reading about the nafta changes and continue to be impressed by Trumps ability to pretend minor tweaks are major victories.

I don’t really hate the changes but they don’t seem particularly major and don’t seem that they will change the trajectory of trade balances in any meaningful way

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #24726 on: October 01, 2018, 11:14:53 AM »
What happened with Avenatti's claims of having huge news in regard to Kavanaugh? He was claiming they were talking to the networks and new would dorp over the weekend.

agrajag

« Reply #24727 on: October 01, 2018, 11:28:04 AM »
Don't know, something either spooked him, or he was genuinely trying to work things out with the FBI. Or he's full of shit and gonna try to walk back some of his claims. Remember the DVD he threatened Trump with?

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #24728 on: October 01, 2018, 11:38:46 AM »
He's quickly becoming as annoying as Rick Wilson for me.

Leadbelly

« Reply #24729 on: October 01, 2018, 11:40:00 AM »

It's a funny video, but at the same time...

It's obvious the Left-wing media are having a field day over this. Ultimately though, you have a bunch of unsubstantiated accusations, no evidence, a story that focuses on supposed misconduct back when he was a teenager, years ago, and somehow this should be enough to destroy the man? No matter what people feel about Kavanaugh, these sort of show trials aren't good for society.

El Babua

« Reply #24730 on: October 01, 2018, 11:53:23 AM »

It's a funny video, but at the same time...

It's obvious the Left-wing media are having a field day over this. Ultimately though, you have a bunch of unsubstantiated accusations, no evidence, a story that focuses on supposed misconduct back when he was a teenager, years ago, and somehow this should be enough to destroy the man? No matter what people feel about Kavanaugh, these sort of show trials aren't good for society.

Shut the fuck up you dork

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #24732 on: October 01, 2018, 12:09:37 PM »
Show trials result in severe consequences (death or long-term incarceration), at worst Kavanaugh isn't getting a promotion.

Trurl

« Reply #24733 on: October 01, 2018, 12:24:55 PM »
Kavanaugh's response has been so bad that it's disqualifying regardless of whether he's guilty.

agrajag

« Reply #24734 on: October 01, 2018, 12:25:31 PM »
Kavanaugh's response has been so bad that it's disqualifying regardless of whether he's guilty.

GOP don't curr

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24735 on: October 01, 2018, 12:57:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1046802082664087552

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1046802290319867905

"I never had alcohol. Can you imagine if I had, what a mess I'd be? I'd be the world's worst." - President Donald J. Trump
 :dead
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 01:25:30 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #24737 on: October 01, 2018, 01:09:45 PM »
I remember when my life was destroyed by not being given a brazenly partisan lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land :stahp
bent

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #24738 on: October 01, 2018, 02:26:20 PM »
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/30/retraction-aaron-rich-and-murder-seth-rich/

The Washington Times now does not have any basis to believe any part of that statement to be true, and The Washington Times retracts it in its entirety,” the retraction said. It’s unclear how the paper is only coming to that realization now.

Lyons also wrote: “Also, why hasn’t Aaron Rich been interviewed [by law enforcement], and where is he?”

“The Washington Times understands that law enforcement officials have interviewed Mr. Rich and that he has cooperated with their investigation,” the retraction said. “The Washington Times did not intend to imply that Mr. Rich has obstructed justice in any way, and The Washington Times retracts and disavows any such implication.”

The Washington Times apologizes to Mr. Rich and his family,” the retraction concluded. “All online copies of the Column have been deleted and all online content referencing the Column has been deleted to the extent within The Washington Times’ control.

A bunch of people annihilated.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 02:30:54 PM by Brehvolution »
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24739 on: October 01, 2018, 02:36:04 PM »
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/30/retraction-aaron-rich-and-murder-seth-rich/

The Washington Times now does not have any basis to believe any part of that statement to be true, and The Washington Times retracts it in its entirety,” the retraction said. It’s unclear how the paper is only coming to that realization now.

Lyons also wrote: “Also, why hasn’t Aaron Rich been interviewed [by law enforcement], and where is he?”

“The Washington Times understands that law enforcement officials have interviewed Mr. Rich and that he has cooperated with their investigation,” the retraction said. “The Washington Times did not intend to imply that Mr. Rich has obstructed justice in any way, and The Washington Times retracts and disavows any such implication.”

The Washington Times apologizes to Mr. Rich and his family,” the retraction concluded. “All online copies of the Column have been deleted and all online content referencing the Column has been deleted to the extent within The Washington Times’ control.

(Image removed from quote.)

A bunch of people annihilated.
If I was the family I would sue the Wati into bankruptcy. I mean, those sorts of stories is what kept the Seth Rich thing going.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 06:23:20 PM by Nintex »
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #24740 on: October 01, 2018, 02:38:18 PM »
Wapo

Nintex please.

Leadbelly

« Reply #24741 on: October 01, 2018, 02:53:24 PM »
I remember when my life was destroyed by not being given a brazenly partisan lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land :stahp

Yeah because these sort of accusations aren't damaging to a person's reputation and career or nothing. lol

And unsubstantiated aaccusations that lead to removal of public officials isn't something to be concerned about or anything. Fuck evidence and the rule of law.

Carry on. I leave you to your nonsense. I can't be bothered with it.:p

agrajag

« Reply #24742 on: October 01, 2018, 02:59:49 PM »
He did it to himself. He could've kept a low profile and he woupd've gotten away with his high school and college rape and debauchery. He was literally asking for it.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #24743 on: October 01, 2018, 03:03:03 PM »
suddenly really worried about deterioration of the rule of law during the Trump administration as a result of lying bitches
bent

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #24744 on: October 01, 2018, 03:03:54 PM »
What public office has he been removed from?
©@©™

Propagandhim

« Reply #24745 on: October 01, 2018, 03:07:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1046802082664087552

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1046802290319867905

"I never had alcohol. Can you imagine if I had, what a mess I'd be? I'd be the world's worst." - President Donald J. Trump
That second video.  Jesus Christ  :lol

"Do you think he lied about his drinking?"
*goes off a tangent about how he personally doesn't drink*
"Yeah, but..."
"YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH"

This guy sucks so hard  :lol :lol :lol

Leadbelly

« Reply #24746 on: October 01, 2018, 03:13:12 PM »
He did it to himself. He could've kept a low profile and he woupd've gotten away with his high school and college rape and debauchery. He was literally asking for it.

First of all, as far as I am aware none of the allegations are actually for rape. They are accusations of incidents that happened decades ago. The thing is, no evidence has been brought forward, none.

I don't give a shit quite frankly about Kavanaugh, I just don't feel comfortable with this whole 'listen and believe' crap. Surely it can't be good in the long run for a society to just treat these sort of accusations as gospel and then pretty much destroy a person's reputation and livelihood over it? I don't know... you people make it seem like this is a fucking far out opinion or something. lol

Leadbelly

« Reply #24747 on: October 01, 2018, 03:14:26 PM »
suddenly really worried about deterioration of the rule of law during the Trump administration as a result of lying bitches

Not suddenly no. I have actually mentioned this before in another context.

curly

• cultural maoist

agrajag

« Reply #24749 on: October 01, 2018, 03:20:56 PM »
Yes. Women just line up to testify to the FBI under threat of imprisonment for perjury with absolutely nothing to gain from it but stalking and harassment. Please tell me more.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #24750 on: October 01, 2018, 03:26:34 PM »
poor guy might have to go back to only being on the 2nd most powerful court in the country, might as well be working at mcdonalds :'(

Leadbelly

« Reply #24751 on: October 01, 2018, 03:31:26 PM »
Yes. Women just line up to testify to the FBI under threat of imprisonment for perjury with absolutely nothing to gain from it but stalking and harassment. Please tell me more.

So Ramirez recalls an incident, again decades ago, in which she was drunk and admits there are gaps in her memory. SHe recalls a penis next to her face and someone shouting "Kavanaugh put his penis on Debbie's face". Okay, might have happened, but then again, might not necessarily happened the way she said it did, it was decdes ago when she was drunk and had gaps in her memory.

Call me crazy, but I find it hard to make a conclusion on that.

Ford said he grabbed her while she was on the bed and tried to take her clothes off. She thought he was trying to kill her. He didn't succeed in doing so and supposedly didn't rape her.

Again, Might have happened the way she said I don't know.

The other witness said he was present at parties where girls had their drinks spiked. Didn't claim he was involved only that he was present.

I don't know what to make of that.

Point being, there needs to be some kind of concrete evidence for me to form an opinion.

Leadbelly

« Reply #24752 on: October 01, 2018, 03:35:50 PM »
Tbh he probably should get cut from that job as well, considering he's openly partisan and actually threatened sitting senators, not even counting his general unhinged behavior and blatant lies. Idk how you could trust a guy like that to be a good judge of anything.

Well that is something different. I don't know much about anything else, it's simply these accusations I have been following.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #24753 on: October 01, 2018, 03:40:39 PM »
Well that is something different. I don't know much about anything else, it's simply these accusations I have been following.
i guess you haven't been following very closely considering he did all that at his hearing

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24754 on: October 01, 2018, 03:41:53 PM »
The thing is, no evidence has been brought forward, none.

Testimony is evidence you dumbfuck.

Leadbelly

« Reply #24755 on: October 01, 2018, 03:43:01 PM »
i guess you haven't been following very closely considering he did all that at his hearing

I only read up on the accusations against him and didn't know what to make of it.

Leadbelly

« Reply #24756 on: October 01, 2018, 03:44:49 PM »

I... Okay. You accuse me of something, I say it didn't happen. Great evidence you dumb fuck. lol

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #24757 on: October 01, 2018, 03:44:57 PM »
He was lying out his ass during the hearing. About his high school drinking, about what a devil's triangle was, about the yearbook, about what other witnesses had said, even about whether he had watched Ford's testimony.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24758 on: October 01, 2018, 03:46:37 PM »
wait until leadbuddy finds out people are convicted in criminal trials based on eyewitness testimony :O

Propagandhim

« Reply #24759 on: October 01, 2018, 03:47:11 PM »
I feel like we're in a devil's triangle right now

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #24760 on: October 01, 2018, 03:47:45 PM »
i think all this shit going on now is completely fucked also i don't even know the basics of the situation or even anything about it at all

agrajag

« Reply #24761 on: October 01, 2018, 03:48:38 PM »
Glad we agree that there should be a thorough investigation into all the accusations. You can stop feeling sorry for this guy any time though.

Leadbelly

« Reply #24762 on: October 01, 2018, 03:50:19 PM »
He was lying out his ass during the hearing. About his high school drinking, about what a devil's triangle was, about the yearbook, about what other witnesses had said, even about whether he had watched Ford's testimony.

Well, that isn't going to help in any way then.

agrajag

« Reply #24763 on: October 01, 2018, 03:50:30 PM »
Leadbelly straight boofed right now.

Coitus

« Reply #24764 on: October 01, 2018, 03:50:38 PM »

People think real life is CSI.

Also his calendar corroborates a party with some of the individuals she named as being present.

Leadbelly

« Reply #24765 on: October 01, 2018, 03:54:42 PM »
Glad we agree that there should be a thorough investigation into all the accusations. You can stop feeling sorry for this guy any time though.

Maybe go back to a previous post. Explicitly said I didn't give a fuck about Kavanaugh personally.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24766 on: October 01, 2018, 03:56:12 PM »

Lied about "boofing," lied about growing up "in a city plagued by gun violence" (motherfucker you grew up in Bethesda), lied about "Renate alumnus," lied about blacking out, lied about throwing up during Beach Week cause of "spicy food," lied about getting in to Yale with "no connections" (he was a legacy) etc.

He lied so obviously and so much that the current spin on conservative Twitter is "well of course he was driven to tell these unimportant lies by the liberal witch hunt!"

Meanwhile Ford told her husband and her therapist about the assault in 2012. But it's probably 50/50 whether she's been running a Keyser Soze-esque con for six years or the dude who told a bunch of obvious, easily spotted lies on national TV isn't telling the truth.

Propagandhim

« Reply #24767 on: October 01, 2018, 03:56:58 PM »
The funny thing is, if he pretended the calendar didn't exist he would be so ahead right now.  The 'boofing' and 'devil's triangle' things were so embarrassing and irrelevant that he thought he was forced to lie about it under oath because perhaps he thought it would have been sensationalized by his ideological opponents and the media if he actually admitted to what they were.  Now everyone, rightfully, thinks he's willing to lie about anything.   Why did he bring that shit to court?  Idiot.   Has he learned anything from Sam Harris?  It's not a lie if you don't say it!

Leadbelly

« Reply #24768 on: October 01, 2018, 03:58:40 PM »

Well, my point was about the allegations of sexual misconduct. If he is dismissed becuase of lying under oath about drinking  and so on, then that is something else.

agrajag

« Reply #24769 on: October 01, 2018, 04:00:27 PM »

Maybe go back to a previous post. Explicitly said I didn't give a fuck about Kavanaugh personally.

It's obvious the Left-wing media are having a field day over this. Ultimately though, you have a bunch of unsubstantiated accusations, no evidence, a story that focuses on supposed misconduct back when he was a teenager, years ago, and somehow this should be enough to destroy the man?

Yeah because these sort of accusations aren't damaging to a person's reputation and career or nothing. lol

And unsubstantiated aaccusations that lead to removal of public officials isn't something to be concerned about or anything. Fuck evidence and the rule of law.

Oh.  :doge

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24770 on: October 01, 2018, 04:01:10 PM »

Well, my point was about the allegations of sexual misconduct. If he is dismissed becuase of lying under oath about drinking  and so on, then that is something else.

How is frequent lying under oath a separate issue from his credibility re: the assault allegations?

agrajag

« Reply #24771 on: October 01, 2018, 04:02:44 PM »
The funny thing is, if he pretended the calendar didn't exist he would be so ahead right now.  The 'boofing' and 'devil's triangle' things were so embarrassing and irrelevant that he thought he was forced to lie about it under oath because perhaps he thought it would have been sensationalized by his ideological opponents and the media if he actually admitted to what they were.  Now everyone, rightfully, thinks he's willing to lie about anything.   Why did he bring that shit to court?  Idiot.   Has he learned anything from Sam Harris?  It's not a lie if you don't say it!

He also lied in the Fox News interview about being a virgin goodie two shoes, while he was obviously running around getting boofed and having devil's triangles in high school  :doge

Propagandhim

« Reply #24772 on: October 01, 2018, 04:03:54 PM »

He also lied in the Fox News interview about being a virgin goodie two shoes, while he was obviously running around getting boofed and having devil's triangles in high school  :doge

This has gone on long enough.  Someone get Squee on the phone to set the record straight.

Propagandhim

« Reply #24773 on: October 01, 2018, 04:08:05 PM »
Fffffffffffffuck

Leadbelly

« Reply #24774 on: October 01, 2018, 04:09:37 PM »

It's obvious the Left-wing media are having a field day over this. Ultimately though, you have a bunch of unsubstantiated accusations, no evidence, a story that focuses on supposed misconduct back when he was a teenager, years ago, and somehow this should be enough to destroy the man?

Oh.  :doge

You missed it.
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=44608.msg2508261#msg2508261

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #24775 on: October 01, 2018, 04:11:32 PM »
Obama finally showing his true colors. He ain't slick.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1046843975288705024

agrajag

« Reply #24776 on: October 01, 2018, 04:12:38 PM »
I didn't miss anything. Just because you said you don't give a crap about Kavanaugh post factum doesn't erase your previous posts where you essentially paint him as "the real victim."

Leadbelly

« Reply #24777 on: October 01, 2018, 04:18:13 PM »
I didn't miss anything. Just because you said you don't give a crap about Kavanaugh post factum doesn't erase your previous posts where you essentially paint him as "the real victim."

Becuase it was a previous post I said it in?

First of all, as far as I am aware none of the allegations are actually for rape. They are accusations of incidents that happened decades ago. The thing is, no evidence has been brought forward, none.

I don't give a shit quite frankly about Kavanaugh, I just don't feel comfortable with this whole 'listen and believe' crap. Surely it can't be good in the long run for a society to just treat these sort of accusations as gospel and then pretty much destroy a person's reputation and livelihood over it? I don't know... you people make it seem like this is a fucking far out opinion or something. lol

I'm not American and obviously not a Republican. I don't paarticularly give a shit about Kavanaugh personally, rather this trend that sexual misconduct, whatever, allegations should be believed without evidence.

agrajag

« Reply #24778 on: October 01, 2018, 04:19:35 PM »
"without evidence"

Propagandhim

« Reply #24779 on: October 01, 2018, 04:23:44 PM »
 KAVANAUGH: It was just me and Squee, Greendog, Judge, Pepsi, Bonespur, Smelly, T-Boz, Chili, Left Eye, Doink, Circuitbender, Fuckshit, Kid Chameleon, Sammy the Bull, and Paul.