Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5390985 times)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| The Mushroom Character from Mario Kart
« Reply #25020 on: October 03, 2018, 11:28:22 PM »
On one end watching libs cry is juicy fun but on the other end watching Trump cry is juicing fun

I'm torn. filler, what you think?

:thinking

Boredfrom

« Reply #25021 on: October 03, 2018, 11:32:19 PM »
 :lol

Russia propaganda site.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #25022 on: October 04, 2018, 12:03:27 AM »
I don't own a cellphone anymore because I know the government listens to my conversations.
每天生气

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #25023 on: October 04, 2018, 06:53:56 AM »
https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1047702165085724672

Quote from: White House Finds No Support in FBI Report for Claims Against Kavanaugh
The White House has found no corroboration of the allegations of sexual misconduct against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh after examining interview reports from the FBI’s latest probe into the judge’s background, according to people familiar with the matter.

Still, the White House’s conclusions from the report aren’t definitive at this point in the confirmation process. Senators who will decide Mr. Kavanaugh’s fate are set to review the findings on Thursday, and some of them may draw different conclusions.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-finds-no-corroboration-of-sexual-misconduct-allegations-against-kavanaugh-in-fbi-report-1538625927

So, looks like we've got a new Justice.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #25024 on: October 04, 2018, 09:12:24 AM »
Lawyers for professor Christine Blasey Ford released a statement Wednesday night that sharply criticizes an FBI investigation that didn’t include her or many witnesses willing to corroborate some facets of her claims.

“An FBI supplemental background investigation that did not include an interview of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford — nor the witnesses who corroborate her testimony — cannot be called an investigation,” the lawyers said per the Hill. “We are profoundly disappointed that after the tremendous sacrifice she made in coming forward, those directing the FBI investigation were not interested in seeking the truth.”

:beli
___

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25025 on: October 04, 2018, 09:22:48 AM »
So, they basically did just enough to give cover to Flake, Collins, and Murkowski to vote Yes, but nothing more than that. I'd like to say that I'm surprised, but that would be a pretty bald-faced lie.
dog

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #25026 on: October 04, 2018, 09:57:24 AM »
duh

Leadbelly

« Reply #25028 on: October 04, 2018, 10:49:57 AM »
https://hillreporter.com/former-classmates-of-brett-kavanaugh-say-theyve-been-ignored-by-the-fbi-9267

Sounds like a sham.

I couldn't see Trump allowing an investigation that wasn't limited in scope. That said, are we really moving to 'witnesses' who only claim to have knowledge third-hand? I heard stuff like this from someone speaking for Ramirez. I can't remember the woman's name but she kept saying there are people willing to come forward. Then she qould give details like, the person wasn't at the party in question, he didn't even know who Ramirez was, but he heard once from a friend of a friend that kavanaugh flashed his cock out at a party once (lol). This isn't a real account, just that it was shit like that she was talking about.

Like the new witness...
Appold wanted to act as a witness despite not having a relationship with Ramirez. He said, “I believe her because it matches the same story I heard 35 years ago, although the two of us have never talked.

As i said, the FBI investigation probably was extremely limited, but If it moved to third-hand shit like this then it would become a real shit show.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 11:02:41 AM by Leadbelly »

kingv

« Reply #25029 on: October 04, 2018, 11:39:10 AM »
If they heard about this 35 years ago, it kind of blows apart the idea that it’s a last minute partisan hit job.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #25030 on: October 04, 2018, 11:46:39 AM »
I really hope he doesn't get voted in. His positions on things are terrible and this whole thing will make leftists even crazier if he gets in. The cultural backlash is going to be unbearable

Coitus

« Reply #25031 on: October 04, 2018, 11:46:41 AM »
The FBI investigation was always going to be a whitewash to give cover to Collins, Flake, and Murkowski to vote yes.  The Dems got suckered because DiFi is a senile cat lady and Coons is a simp who believes, contrary to all evidence, that the Senate is not a trash institution.

shosta

« Reply #25033 on: October 04, 2018, 12:12:57 PM »
The FBI investigation was always going to be a whitewash to give cover to Collins, Flake, and Murkowski to vote yes.  The Dems got suckered because DiFi is a senile cat lady and Coons is a simp who believes, contrary to all evidence, that the Senate is not a trash institution.
The Senate has nothing to do with how the FBI investigation was conducted. They're separate entities.

I think the real lede here is that the White House's belligerence in the past two years might have actually affected the independence of the FBI.
每天生气

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #25034 on: October 04, 2018, 12:21:04 PM »
Welp Im way underwater on the Predict it "no on Kavanaugh" I bought yesterday

Time to buy the dip!
:O

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #25035 on: October 04, 2018, 12:23:15 PM »
Welp Im way underwater on the Predict it "no on Kavanaugh" I bought yesterday

Time to buy the dip!

©@©™

Coitus

« Reply #25036 on: October 04, 2018, 12:27:32 PM »
The Senate has nothing to do with how the FBI investigation was conducted. They're separate entities.

I think the real lede here is that the White House's belligerence in the past two years might have actually affected the independence of the FBI.

I didn't say the senate controlled the investigation.  Flake, who is in the senate, made the investigation a condition of a yes vote.  The JC dems banged on and on about an investigation, and Grassley and the WH called them on it, and now Flake, et al can say "the FBI investigated these claims and found them groundless" and will vote yes.  You could see this coming last Friday.

shosta

« Reply #25037 on: October 04, 2018, 12:31:54 PM »
Ok? What else were Senate dems supposed to do except demand an impartial investigation? How does that make Coons a simp?
每天生气

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25038 on: October 04, 2018, 12:44:45 PM »
An FBI investigation to stall the vote or to allow more time to dig up stuff on Kavanaugh was literally the only play that Democrats had at that point. Not that the outcome is a surprise or anything, but if you've only got a pair of 2s to begin with, you might as well play them.
dog

agrajag

« Reply #25039 on: October 04, 2018, 12:47:29 PM »
Dems did all they could given their current situation tbh

shosta

« Reply #25040 on: October 04, 2018, 12:52:50 PM »
I'm mildly irritated by Coitus' post not in isolation but because one of my triggers is people who blame Democrats for totally unreasonable things. I have a friend who calls Obama a "centrist NewDem" who chose to "roll over" and give up on the public option. I know people who are hard left and constantly call for Pelosi to go even though her voting record is consistently in the most liberal wing of the party (and consistent with the far left sympathies of her district). It's like watching toddlers, and there are enough real sellouts and quislings that you don't have to make any up.
每天生气

james

« Reply #25041 on: October 04, 2018, 12:56:12 PM »
An FBI investigation to stall the vote or to allow more time to dig up stuff on Kavanaugh was literally the only play that Democrats had at that point. Not that the outcome is a surprise or anything, but if you've only got a pair of 2s to begin with, you might as well play them.

Only play because they're a bunch of pussies.

If they really cared about saving our Democracy, polonium would be involved

kingv

« Reply #25042 on: October 04, 2018, 01:14:36 PM »
I'm mildly irritated by Coitus' post not in isolation but because one of my triggers is people who blame Democrats for totally unreasonable things. I have a friend who calls Obama a "centrist NewDem" who chose to "roll over" and give up on the public option. I know people who are hard left and constantly call for Pelosi to go even though her voting record is consistently in the most liberal wing of the party (and consistent with the far left sympathies of her district). It's like watching toddlers, and there are enough real sellouts and quislings that you don't have to make any up.

Liberals that don’t like Pelosi are huge Sonic fans.

IMO she’s the most effective House Leader in a long time and is able to wield a decent amount of power even in the majority. Look at Paul Ryan and look at her and realize she actually knows how to build consensus in her caucus and he doesn’t.

I do think it’s unfortunate special K will get confirmed, but I’m curious how this will affect a bunch of other things:
- will Roberts do some kind of weird centrist face turn to try to save legitimacy of the Supreme Court? I think this is semi-likely where we get a lot of rulings that are designed to have as little precedent as possible. Roberts is not dumb and knows that straight up overturning Roe will be very unpopular on a 5-4 ruling with at least one Justice seen by a plurality of the population as illegitimate.
- I think this probably kills Collins in 2020 assuming anybody decent can run.
- eventually the investigations will be glorious, and it’s possible that more info emerges after he’s confirmed that makes it clear he was a bad decision.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25043 on: October 04, 2018, 01:17:34 PM »
I've heard some talk about how Kavanuagh may have to recuse himself from certain cases [or will be called on to do so], because of his partisan ranting at the Senate hearing. It's something that I don't think we've really seen at the Supreme Court level in a long time, to have a judge who is this clearly partisan.
dog

shosta

« Reply #25044 on: October 04, 2018, 01:21:09 PM »
Have to? Says who? He is the law.
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #25045 on: October 04, 2018, 01:22:26 PM »
lol he ain't recusing shit

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #25046 on: October 04, 2018, 01:31:51 PM »
Rules are for dems to follow.
©ZH

kingv

« Reply #25047 on: October 04, 2018, 01:35:43 PM »
IMO, his partisan background is honestly far more disqualifying than slapping dick to Debbie and has kind of been overshadowed by the more salacious accusations.

His background in the Ken Starr investigation and in the Bush White House and his conduct during both is truly inappropriate for a position on the Supreme Court. It completely destroys any semblance of impartiality and his testimony cements that.

Being generally conservative or generally liberal is not the same thing as being explicitly partisan. Brett seems to be quite obviously the second.

Himu

« Reply #25048 on: October 04, 2018, 01:38:24 PM »
Accurate.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/03/opinion/kavanaugh-law-professors-letter.html

Let’s hope moderate republicans have a spine tomorrow
IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #25049 on: October 04, 2018, 01:49:35 PM »
Any Chua must have been too sick to sign.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25050 on: October 04, 2018, 01:52:42 PM »
Accurate.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/03/opinion/kavanaugh-law-professors-letter.html

I understand their point but if all 1700 were dragged through the mud and accused of (gang)rape for 9 days would they also remain 'calm'?

It really seems that goalposts just keep getting moved.
- Kavanaugh might've sexually harassed someone and was a heavy drinker in high school
- Kavanaugh whipped his dick out at parties
- Kavanaugh basically gangraped everyone he met ever (Avenatti)
- The Senate should hear her testimony
- No wait, Kavanaugh should actually ask Don McGahn to have himself investigated by the FBI bypassing the senate(????)
- You know what, let's do the FBI thing then
- The FBI investigation wasn't 'real' enough tbh

With that said this happened on both sides
- We'll confirm him no matter what you drag up
- OH that's some shit alright.... whatever, she can tell her story
- Ok pretty good story, investigation then. If you insist...
- The woman doesn't remember anything lol lol lol
- Ok, that was in bad taste but the FBI didn't really find anything so vote we go

At this point I don't think people who go on CNN or to Avenatti to tell that Brett was bad 35 years ago can add anything credible to this.
The accusing party should come up with the evidence. If they can't Kavanaugh is either innocent or a lucky sob. That's just how the system works.
And even though that's not perfect it certainly beats mob rule.
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #25051 on: October 04, 2018, 01:54:31 PM »
Lmao.

FBI 'investigation'

Don't even interview the guy they're investigating.

Pls.

Himu

« Reply #25052 on: October 04, 2018, 01:58:22 PM »
Accurate.

I understand their point but if all 1700 were dragged through the mud and accused of (gang)rape for 9 days would they also remain 'calm'?

- Kavanaugh might've sexually harassed someone and was a heavy drinker in high school
- No wait, Kavanaugh should actually ask Don McGahn to have himself investigated by the FBI bypassing the senate(????)

- Ok, that was in bad taste but the FBI didn't really find anything so vote we go

At this point I don't think people who go on CNN or to Avenatti to tell that Brett was bad 35 years ago can add anything credible to this.
The accusing party should come up with the evidence. If they can't Kavanaugh is either innocent or a lucky sob. That's just how the system works.

Being mad is reasonable. The pure partisan venom he had wasn't that: it was Fox News/r.TD tier raging. And this man is supposed to be a justice of incredibly sensitive cases at the highest level of the land?
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #25053 on: October 04, 2018, 02:05:56 PM »
When I get mad, I too start peddling Pizzagate-level conspiracies about the Clintons.  :doge

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25054 on: October 04, 2018, 02:07:30 PM »
Imagine being at the point where you're praying that Roberts is occasionally a swing vote. :fbm
dog

Himu

« Reply #25055 on: October 04, 2018, 02:11:20 PM »
This sounds like someone who is just angry  :doge

This whole two-week effort has been a calculated and orchestrated political hit, fueled with apparent pent-up anger about president trump and the 2016 election, fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record. Revenge on behalf of the Clintons and millions of dollars in money from outside left-wing opposition groups. This is a circus. The consequences will extend long past my nomination. The consequences will be with us for decades.

This grotesque, character assassination will dissuade confident and good people of all political persuasions from serving our country and as we all know in the political system of the early 2000s, what goes around comes around. I am an optimistic guy. I always try to be on the sunrise side of the mountain and be optimistic about the day that is coming, but today I have to say that I fear for the future. The last time I was here I told this committee that a federal judge must be independent, not swayed by public or political pressure. I said I was such a judge, and I will not be intimidated into withdrawing from this process. You’ve tried hard. You’ve given it your all.

The last time I was here I told this committee that a federal judge must be independent

Revenge on behalf of the Clintons and millions of dollars in money from outside left-wing opposition groups
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25056 on: October 04, 2018, 02:13:13 PM »
Accurate.

Being mad is reasonable. The pure partisan venom he had wasn't that: it was Fox News/r.TD tier raging. And this man is supposed to be a justice of incredibly sensitive cases at the highest level of the land?
No, but the question is how would any of the other justices respond if you did this to them?
Clarence Thomas said his hearing was a "a high-tech lynching" and instead of hanging him from a tree they put him through that as a lesson to the black community that they shouldn't aspire to the Supreme Court.
In hindsight he probably thinks different about it today than he did back then.

Kavanaugh wasn't lying when he said that the hatred for him was part of the 'problems' people have with Trump being elected. He kinda became the sponge to suck up all the hate for the Trump administration.
As for left wing media groups. Well their social media channels sure attacked Kavanaugh all they could. And it's not like any of them are going to back down because the FBI didn't find any more evidence against Kavanaugh.
He'll always be the gang raping judge in their eyes.

Kavanaugh had two choices. He could have his life ruined forever or he could have his life ruined forever but be on the Supreme Court.

If he had stepped down no one would've said: "So great of Kavanaugh to keep politics out of this, his integrity is much appreciated"
No it would've been:
"Kavanaugh the guilty gang rapist should now be removed from all courts and/or thrown into jail for being such a horrible person. Why isn't he in jail yet, hello he already stepped down 5 minutes ago!"
And 'his team' would've said:
"Kavanaugh big coward for stepping down, we already had the votes. Fucking traitor"
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 02:20:15 PM by Nintex »
🤴

james

« Reply #25057 on: October 04, 2018, 03:03:28 PM »
Is it just me or is Nintex getting dumber by the day

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #25058 on: October 04, 2018, 03:11:40 PM »
lol he ain't recusing shit

Once he gets confirmed, who cares? I'd recuse myself from every case and go play golf. :patel
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #25059 on: October 04, 2018, 03:11:54 PM »
Accurate.

No, but the question is how would any of the other justices respond if you did this to them?
Clarence Thomas said his hearing was a "a high-tech lynching" and instead of hanging him from a tree they put him through that as a lesson to the black community that they shouldn't aspire to the Supreme Court.
In hindsight he probably thinks different about it today than he did back then.

Kavanaugh wasn't lying when he said that the hatred for him was part of the 'problems' people have with Trump being elected. He kinda became the sponge to suck up all the hate for the Trump administration.
As for left wing media groups. Well their social media channels sure attacked Kavanaugh all they could. And it's not like any of them are going to back down because the FBI didn't find any more evidence against Kavanaugh.
He'll always be the gang raping judge in their eyes.

Kavanaugh had two choices. He could have his life ruined forever or he could have his life ruined forever but be on the Supreme Court.

If he had stepped down no one would've said: "So great of Kavanaugh to keep politics out of this, his integrity is much appreciated"
No it would've been:
"Kavanaugh the guilty gang rapist should now be removed from all courts and/or thrown into jail for being such a horrible person. Why isn't he in jail yet, hello he already stepped down 5 minutes ago!"
And 'his team' would've said:
"Kavanaugh big coward for stepping down, we already had the votes. Fucking traitor"

So because Clarence said bad language for a justice that justifies what Brett K said? Are you comparing today’s division to the 90’s? Are you saying that a justice saying these words doesn’t lend to further fracturing of the nation? That we should just shrug it off even though Kavanaugh will be *the* law? It’s ok to echo Fox News like talking points at a senate confirmation hearing just because “he was mad?”
IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #25060 on: October 04, 2018, 03:13:08 PM »
The evidence that he lied to the Senate has been there and is right in front of your face. You can look at like any paper and news channel and read it for yourself.

Like the guy who lived down the hall from in college was like “oh yeah, Debbie got drunk and Brett gave her the ol’ Arabian goggles (no offense exo), everybody knew that”

There’s plenty of documentation that he was a sloppy drunk, or was just bald faced lying about his drinking, things he was involved with in the White House, that he leaked details of Grand Jury investigations, or that he went to a party that summer that sounded a whole lot like what Ford said.

Democrats, the media, his acquaintances, and school mates have all produced dozens of receipts showing why he shouldn’t be a justice. It’s not inaccurate to say this investigation was perfunctory and designed to look into as few details as possible and to have as low of a chance as possible at showing any new details.

I think it’s unlilely to work as political cover, but that’s the purpose of it, and not to actually prove or disprove the allegations.

BikeJesus

« Reply #25061 on: October 04, 2018, 03:17:57 PM »

Says the guy who put money on yas queen.

Himu

« Reply #25062 on: October 04, 2018, 03:18:06 PM »
The worst part is that you can provide as much evidence as you want and they’ll still label it a concerted anti-trump propaganda effort. The supporters of Trump act like a cult.
IYKYK

james

« Reply #25063 on: October 04, 2018, 03:35:45 PM »

Theres a difference between donating to Hilldawg (hell no) and noting that if the odds of her winning were 80%, then a buy at 71 cents was a good deal.

Also, I made all that money from getting the primaries right

The worst part is that you can provide as much evidence as you want and they’ll still label it a concerted anti-trump propaganda effort. The supporters of Trump act like a cult.

Since when are you not in the Trump cult

Himu

« Reply #25065 on: October 04, 2018, 03:38:15 PM »

Theres a difference between donating to Hilldawg (hell no) and noting that if the odds of her winning were 80%, then a buy at 71 cents was a good deal.

I never went that far down. Show me evidence I was please.
IYKYK

james

« Reply #25066 on: October 04, 2018, 03:43:51 PM »

Total Time Spent Online:658 days, 10 hours and 40 minutes.
Total Posts:16777215 posts
Total Topics Started:1985 topics

Thats gonna be a no from me dawg

shosta

每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25068 on: October 04, 2018, 04:11:50 PM »

So because Clarence said bad language for a justice that justifies what Brett K said? Are you comparing today’s division to the 90’s? Are you saying that a justice saying these words doesn’t lend to further fracturing of the nation? That we should just shrug it off even though Kavanaugh will be *the* law? It’s ok to echo Fox News like talking points at a senate confirmation hearing just because “he was mad?”
No it doesn't justify anything but I can see why Kavanaugh played the cards he did in this 'lose / lose' situation.
He couldn't go back to being the judge Kavanaugh he was before the supreme court nomination anymore.
Everyone in Walmart now knows he's the alleged gang rapist.

Kavanaugh became the subject in the never ending GOP/Democratic battle that they've been waging since forever and has just continued to escalate.
Who knows, had Feinstein told him during their private questioning that they had 'this' on him. He might've figured out himself it would've been better to give up as he would never survive the onslaught the 24/7 news media would unleash on him and his family. However, he never got a chance to make up his mind because he was already the guilty gang rapist that Trump selected so he was already evil anyway.

Kavanaugh could've been the most perfect and balanced person during that hearing. It wouldn't have mattered one bit. One side had already decided he was guilty (even before there were any accusations to begin with) and the other side had already decided to confirm him (even if he shot someone during his hearings and raped the corpse).

Kavanaugh never had a plan B. The only thing he could do was get confirmed after being nominated or else he'd be dead in the water and he knew that.
This wasn't about picking a judge for the Supreme Court. It was simply a matter of the Democrats wanting to deny Trump another 'win' and the Republicans trying to install another judge.
It's kinda surprising that they came up with someone who at first seemed qualified for this job. I mean, Trump could've nominated Mr. Hankey and the GOP would've stumped for him.
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #25069 on: October 04, 2018, 04:15:48 PM »
Lol did not read

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #25070 on: October 04, 2018, 04:20:54 PM »
Nintex: thoughts?

this is the worst version of you yet

shosta

« Reply #25071 on: October 04, 2018, 04:25:21 PM »
每天生气

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25072 on: October 04, 2018, 04:38:46 PM »

Total Time Spent Online:658 days, 10 hours and 40 minutes.
Total Posts:16777215 posts
Total Topics Started:1985 topics

Thats gonna be a no from me dawg

Cindy's post count was artificially inflated years ago.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25073 on: October 04, 2018, 05:05:42 PM »
I can't be held accountable for the actions of the previous administration. :trumps
dog

Himu

IYKYK

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #25075 on: October 04, 2018, 06:29:51 PM »
There's no point debating Nintex because he doesn't believe what he's saying himself.

james

« Reply #25076 on: October 04, 2018, 07:28:44 PM »
You heard it here first

Republican senator Ernst is the secret no

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25078 on: October 04, 2018, 10:51:23 PM »
When even you're own high school and college drinking buddies think you're not fit for Supreme Court...
dog

kingv

« Reply #25079 on: October 04, 2018, 10:55:01 PM »
You heard it here first

Republican senator Ernst is the secret no

Actually, I think Cory Gardner might be it. He sounds uncertain.