Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5448251 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| America: A Yum! Brands affiliate
« Reply #35220 on: May 15, 2019, 04:35:26 PM »
Let me guess, you're ok with mandatory vaccines?

Because it's literally the same thing. One prevents a virus, the other prevents a parasite.
I actually like the idea to make everything sterile and only reverse it after the person in question has acquired a license to procreate.

Why not, you need a license to drive a car, too.

The only way to save the planet and humanity is to get rid of the idiotic idea that having offspring is a human right.
Is this the Beto relaunch?

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #35221 on: May 15, 2019, 04:36:35 PM »
We've gone from "it's a solution both sides can agree on" to advocating an American One Child Policy

benjipwns

Occam

« Reply #35223 on: May 15, 2019, 04:39:04 PM »
Population control is not eugenics.

Occam

« Reply #35224 on: May 15, 2019, 04:40:58 PM »
Do you know what happens when there are no predators in a forest and you allow deer to breed uncontrollably?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #35225 on: May 15, 2019, 04:47:14 PM »
Do you know what happens when there are no predators in a forest and you allow deer to breed uncontrollably?
this post is giving me traumatic flashbacks to DiffEqs
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #35226 on: May 15, 2019, 04:48:50 PM »

are you saying we should genetically engineer a predator to cull the human population?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #35227 on: May 15, 2019, 04:52:44 PM »

Occam

« Reply #35228 on: May 15, 2019, 04:53:10 PM »

are you saying we should genetically engineer a predator to cull the human population?

As I said above, I'm in favor of distributing a limited number of licenses to people who wish to procreate, it just seems more humane.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #35229 on: May 15, 2019, 04:53:13 PM »

Occam/James: “Hitler had some good ideas y’know”  :-*
Margs

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #35230 on: May 15, 2019, 04:57:17 PM »

BIONIC "Hitler liked art, ergo we should fire bomb to Louvre"
:O

benjipwns

« Reply #35231 on: May 15, 2019, 04:58:18 PM »

Japan called it Anime.

Occam

« Reply #35232 on: May 15, 2019, 04:58:22 PM »

That's what we commonly refer to as non sequitur.

Occam

« Reply #35233 on: May 15, 2019, 05:01:06 PM »
I gave you a way to save the planet. You decide how to implement it.

benjipwns

« Reply #35234 on: May 15, 2019, 05:02:32 PM »
I gave you a way to save the planet. You decide how to implement it.
Blood for the Blood God :rejoice

james

« Reply #35235 on: May 15, 2019, 05:06:13 PM »
The hit TV show "The 100" (Tuesdays at 9:00pm on the CW) has some great ideas at how to keep the population within a sustainable level.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Oh boy, are we talking about eugenics and population control again?
dog

benjipwns

The hit TV show "The 100" (Tuesdays at 9:00pm on the CW) has some great ideas at how to keep the population within a sustainable level.
omnipotent writers?

Mandark

• Icon
First world dude pushing a global mass sterilization regime rather than even consider reducing his own consumption of resources: "am I the only one here willing to face up to the tough choices?"

james

First world dude pushing a global mass sterilization regime rather than even consider reducing his own consumption of resources: "am I the only one here willing to face up to the tough choices?"

What resources am I consuming?

I don't have a car.

I don't eat meat.

I don't use disposable plastic.

Go on.

benjipwns

we aren't going to need the state for this are we? cause that might be a deal breaker for me

james

we aren't going to need the state for this are we? cause that might be a deal breaker for me

How do you feel about the UN?

Mandark

• Icon
I don't eat meat.

you ain't gotta lie to kick it

sinxtanx

this must be that free marketplace of ideas I've heard so much about

team filler

• filler
  • filler
this must be that free marketplace of ideas I've heard so much about
you get what you pay for  :mueller

james

I don't eat meat.

you ain't gotta lie to kick it

Im all aboard the impossible burger / beyond burger train and unless you support Trump you should join me

benjipwns

Occam

Not sure what any of this has to do with Hitler. Hitler didn't believe in population control. He wanted the German people to breed as much as possible (to get more soldiers/future settlers for the conquered territories). In fact, one of the first things the Nazis did after coming to power in 1933 was to make abortion punishable by jail again, which had previously been repealed.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Not sure what any of this has to do with Hitler. Hitler didn't believe in population control. He wanted the German people to breed as much as possible (to get more soldiers/future settlers for the conquered territories). In fact, one of the first things the Nazis did after coming to power in 1933 was to make abortion punishable by jail again, which had previously been repealed.

This isn't really true.  He wanted _specific_ kinds of German people to breed as much as possible.  Any criminals, mentally handicapped, or other races were sterilized imprisoned and then – shock – murdered!
püp

Occam

Sure, because he believed in eugenics. Which is not the same as population control.

Murdering specific people because of their supposedly inferior genes is not the same as understanding that this planet can't sustain more than 7 billion humans.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
*sees explosion of replies in politics thread*

Well, at least it wasn’t a terrorist attack

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Just send people into space with Space Force to colonize other planets.
🤴

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Sure, because he believed in eugenics. Which is not the same as population control.

Murdering specific people because of their supposedly inferior genes is not the same as understanding that this planet can't sustain more than 7 billion humans.

It's pretty fucking close.
püp

Occam

What? No. The Nazis had this insane belief that there were separate human races and that they had to eradicate some of them.
That's not remotely the same as understanding that there needs to be an upper limit to the number of people living on this planet.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
We on some Georgia guide stones shit now?

benjipwns

it's okay guys, just ran a defrag on earth, we got more space now

team filler

• filler
  • filler
thanks, benj  :-[

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Humanity is a pyramid, we only reach higher by building the base wider. You go through human history and our success is inextricably connected to warmer climate and population growth.

Climate change is inevitable, evolution itself is proof of this. The only way to combat it is through wealth and technological progress. Limiting or disincintivizing  the growth of poorer countries is dooming millions to die in the future.

shosta

*disincentivize
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
Humanity is a pyramid, we only reach higher by building the base wider. You go through human history and our success is inextricably connected to warmer climate and population growth.

Climate change is inevitable, evolution itself is proof of this. The only way to combat it is through wealth and technological progress. Limiting or disincintivizing  the growth of poorer countries is dooming millions to die in the future.

r u high

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
There's already a system of baby licensure in the U.S., it's just administered through a wage and threadbare social security system wherein anyone but a very small percentage of the population is greatly impoverished by procreation (in the economic sense, I'm sure it's quite emotionally enriching) instead of through the satirical bureaucracy depicted in Paul Verhoeven's seminal documentary Starship Troopers.

Despite such a system the United States continues to be the world's premier polluter and its bourgeoisie + labor aristocracy remain hell-bent on exterminating everything in the name of overproduction.

Hokey inductive reasoning and internet ancient nü atheism is no match for for a good dialectic.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

What? No. The Nazis had this insane belief that there were separate human races and that they had to eradicate some of them.
That's not remotely the same as understanding that there needs to be an upper limit to the number of people living on this planet.

And people in the past have thought that upper limit was 100 Million, 1 Billion, etc but here we are despite not even implementing Occam's Razor to cull the surplus population.
©@©™

agrajag

I was with you until you said you didn't want to unleash an octoshark to thin the herd.

james

And people in the past have thought that upper limit was 100 Million, 1 Billion, etc but here we are despite not even implementing Occam's Razor to cull the surplus population.

Why don't you ask the fish population how they feel about the upper limit in human population

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Maybe I will when I give a fuck what a fish thinks.
©@©™

agrajag

hey james do you like fish dicks

BIONIC

hey james do you like fish dicks

He’s more of a squid dick man
Margs

shosta

:drudge

Frustrated Senate Republicans say the Trump administration has largely kept them in the dark about a possible military confrontation with Iran.

What GOP lawmakers already know, however, has them on edge. Trump has deployed an aircraft carrier strike group, a Patriot missile defense battery and an Air Force bomber task force to the Middle East, while the State Department has ordered a partial evacuation of the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad.

A few legislators have received briefings, but many can only guess at the extent of the threat and where a ramp up in combat forces may lead.

“I don’t think it’s fair for us to walk around wondering,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), one of the Senate’s leading voices on global security issues.

Graham, the chairman of the State and Foreign Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, said he’s concerned about the evacuation of personnel from the Baghdad embassy given the regular attacks that facility endured during the height of the Iraq War.

“We’re clearly moving people,” he said. “This is a big deal.”

Republican senators say they don’t know whether Trump is really contemplating the deployment of 120,000 troops to the Middle East to deter attacks by Iranian-backed militants, which The New York Times first reported on Tuesday.
Gardner, a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, noted that lawmakers don’t have an administration assessment on news reports that Iranian proxies were given the green light to attack U.S. personnel in the Middle East.

A senior British military official told reporters Tuesday that he did not see an increased risk of attack from Iran or connected militant groups. Major Gen. Chris Ghika, the deputy commander of a U.S.-led coalition battling ISIS, told The New York Times that “there has been no increased threat from Iranian-backed forces in Iraq or Syria.”

GOP lawmakers say they are more inclined to trust American intelligence sources but feel frustrated that the administration hasn’t shared their information with the vast majority of them.

“We know that we need to have the most accurate intelligence available, that we can determine, that we can arrive at, before we make any decisions about the use of military force. We know that from history. We know that just as a practical matter,” said Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kan.). [::)]

A briefing of the entire Senate is expected next week, though some Republicans contend that could be too late given the speed at which events are moving in the Middle East.

“My understanding is there will be [a briefing] by early next week, but I don’t know where we’re going to be by early next week. I hope I’m wrong, we could be full blown into this thing. It’s a much more urgent situation than I think is being reflected. I’m surprised there isn’t more talk about it,” said Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

“I’ve been here eight years, this is by far the single most imminent potential conflict of this significance,” Rubio added. “I pray that it changes. I don’t want us to have a war in that region. I hope it doesn’t happen that way, but we have to respond if attacked.”

“You can’t make foreign policy and national security decisions while flying in the blind. And right now because of the administration’s unwillingness to come and brief members of the Senate, particularly to the committees of national security of which Foreign Relations is one, that’s what we’re doing — flying in the blind,” said Sen. Bob Menendez (N.J.), the ranking Democrat on the Foreign Relations Committee.
[link]

The president is escalating the situation in Iran. We're moving thousands of troops into the region. Nobody in the Senate is being briefed of anything. Nobody knows what's going on. Marco Rubio says we could be at war next week. The US is acting on intelligence that none of our allies are verifying except Israel. I only hope that Congress asserts itself as a coequal branch of government and uniformly rejects the president's war if it comes to that.
每天生气

agrajag

I only hope that Congress asserts itself as a coequal branch of government and uniformly rejects the president's war if it comes to that.

:crowdlaff

shosta

WHAT'S BILL KRISTOL SAYING?

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/1128404731964088321

why do I do this to myself
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler

BIONIC

The Zioners are pushing for war with Iran  :pika
Margs

shosta

nyt
The intelligence that caused the White House to escalate its warnings about a threat from Iran came from photographs of missiles on small boats in the Persian Gulf that were put on board by Iranian paramilitary forces, three American officials said.

Overhead imagery showed fully assembled missiles, stoking fears that the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps would fire them at United States naval ships. Additional pieces of intelligence picked up threats against commercial shipping and potential attacks by Arab militias with Iran ties on American troops in Iraq.

But just how alarmed the Trump administration should be over the new intelligence is a subject of fierce debate among the White House, the Pentagon, the C.I.A. and America’s allies.

The photographs presented a different kind of threat than previously seen from Iran, said the three officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk about it publicly. Taken with the other intelligence, the photographs could indicate that Iran is preparing to attack United States forces. That is the view of John R. Bolton, President Trump’s hard-line national security adviser, and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

But other officials — including Europeans, Iraqis, members of both parties in Congress and some senior officials within the Trump administration — said Iran’s moves might mostly be defensive against what Tehran believes are provocative acts by Washington.

they put some missiles on some boats. that's it. that's why we're moving 100,000 troops into the gulf. :cop
每天生气

shosta

how do you rip a baby from the mother's womb after it's already been born? james, explain!
每天生气

james

(Image removed from quote.)

how do you rip a baby from the mother's womb after it's already been born? james, explain!

Had an IUD been in place, we would never be in this pickle.

Speaking of pickles, best case scenario with Iran is that US attacks, Iran nukes Israel to bedrock in response, and we get to share 'you played yourself' memes to republican Twitter accounts

team filler

• filler
  • filler
" 'Since the ancient Greeks first put to sea, nations have recognized the necessity of naval forces and maintaining a superior capability to protect waterborne travel and commerce from bad actors,' said Cruz, the chairman of the subcommittee on aviation and space, adding, 'Pirates threaten the open seas, and the same is possible in space. In this same way, I believe we too must now recognize the necessity of a Space Force to defend the nation and to protect space commerce and civil space exploration.'
:drudge :drudge :drudge :lucas

team filler

• filler
  • filler

:lol

Occam

Yes, if only there was some kind of hint telling us when it's too much.
In completely unrelated news, did I mention that 1 Million species are currently becoming extinct because of us?

team filler

• filler
  • filler