Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5447949 times)

agrajag

dracarys

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
We'll see how long this lasts after Bama politicians are forced to pay their mistresses' child support.

https://twitter.com/DavidTindell1/status/1128689720043745282

Pro-life, Pro-rapist.
©ZH

Occam

In case conception didn't occur because of rape, should the father have a veto right regarding an abortion?

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
If they aren't married, no.
©ZH

Occam

My question wasn't just directed at you, I would like to hear other opinions (and reasoning), too.

Why should the father only get a say when the couple is married? After all, child support doesn't hinge on marriage, either.

Edit: For what it's worth, I believe abortion should be legal (just the way it is in all civilized nations). I am undecided regarding the rights of the father.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:50:09 AM by Occam »

agrajag

yes. Let them remove the fetus and implant it in the father's uterus.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
The father should never have a legal say in it, regardless of marital status.
vin

Mandark

• Icon
The father should never have a legal say in it, regardless of marital status.

+1

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
yes. Let them remove the fetus and implant it in the father's uterus.
this is the future liberals want

Occam

I get the argument that it's the woman's body, but on the other hand, 50% of the genes are form the father, and in case a child is born, the father is held (financially) responsible, too. But maybe the woman's rights outweigh the rights of the father because she bears all the hardship and risks of pregnancy and childbirth.

Mandark

• Icon
shoulda stopped before the "but"

agrajag

Occam, out of curiosity, how old are you? Are you super young?

Occam

Actually, I just realized that calling the genitor "father" is incorrect because he only becomes a father AFTER the child is born, which is when the associated rights and responsibilities kick in.
It's the same dishonest right-wing rhetoric as calling anti-abortion "pro-life".

So yeah, after giving this some thought, the rights of the child bearer absolutely outweigh the rights of the genitor.

benjipwns

Occam, out of curiosity, how old are you? Are you super young?
Born   1285
Ockham, Surrey, England

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
United States Ambassdor to Israel David Friedman: “Israel has one secret weapon that not too many countries have. Israel is on the side of God, and we don’t underestimate that.”

:badass
dog

Occam

United States Ambassdor to Israel David Friedman: “Israel has one secret weapon that not too many countries have. Israel is on the side of God, and we don’t underestimate that.”

:badass

That's what happens when you forget about the separation of church and state and allow insane people to run a country.

benjipwns

That's what happens when you forget about the separation of church and state
The separation of church and state principle isn't based on forbidding religious people from holding public office.

benjipwns

Though I guess would could try a separation of church and procreation licensing program. :thinking

benjipwns

benjipwns

Tom Steyer's weird impeachment campaign is still going on as well, gave WaPo an exclusive on his latest dropping of millions on a stupid ad buy (video is not paywalled)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/tom-steyer-nothing-happened--ad-2020/2019/05/16/7d0983bc-bf31-4b61-8881-b70801cd771a_video.html
Tom Steyer: 'Nothing Happened' | Ad 2020
May 16, 2019 | 9:24 AM EDT
Billionaire and activist Tom Steyer released an ad May 16 to urge Congress to hold President Trump "accountable."
Quote from: people in the ad
Now you tell us to wait for the next election? Really? Really? Really? This is why we volunteered. Raised money. Went door to door. And voted in the last election.

benjipwns

thanks nate

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
We'll see how long this lasts after Bama politicians are forced to pay their mistresses' child support.

https://twitter.com/DavidTindell1/status/1128689720043745282

Pro-life, Pro-rapist.

Lol like they aren’t going to be able to skirt their own law

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Which Obama politicians?!
每天生气

Brehvolution

The law doesn't say you can't get an abortion out of state.
©ZH

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
vin

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
The bois about to hit Iran:  :gun :usacry :american

Venezuela:  :whew

Trump:  :pika
🤴

Brehvolution

Start WWIII to kill everyone off before the 2020 elections to own the libs.
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Hey you pssst, you.

Wanna wag the dog with us?  ;)

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1129071531429117952
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
What if Beto livestreams himself banging a dude? Truly a relaunch we could get behind.
©@©™

benjipwns

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1129067511557906433
This isn't what I planned when I threw my 2016 Democratic primary vote away on a straight white dude.

benjipwns

6/11ths is considered "full" now?
Some people see the glass 6/11ths full, others see the glass 5/11ths empty.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

benjipwns

Buttigieg says he’s not peaking too soon
Pete Buttigieg, the South Bend, Indiana, mayor who has surged into prominence in the Democratic primary, insisted Thursday that he wasn’t in danger of peaking too soon.

“It's not like we're in first place,” he told reporters after addressing businesspeople and local politicians at a City Club of Chicago event. “While I'm thrilled with the fact that we are obviously running ahead of a lot of our competitors — we’ve gotten a lot of favorable attention, and our organization is growing more and more strong in terms of recruiting and finance — it doesn't take away from the fact that this is a long run. This is a marathon. We have a long way to go.”

“We are frankly ahead of where I had hoped to be, but now we are right where I want to be,” he added.
He continued, "let me tell you something, I haven't even begun to peak. And when I do peak, you'll know. Because I'm gonna peak so hard that everybody in Philadelphia America's gonna feel it."

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

Jeez, just say you're going to pass out like everybody else. ::)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

"Hail Hydra"
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Buttigieg says he’s not peaking too soon
Pete Buttigieg, the South Bend, Indiana, mayor who has surged into prominence in the Democratic primary, insisted Thursday that he wasn’t in danger of peaking too soon.

“It's not like we're in first place,” he told reporters after addressing businesspeople and local politicians at a City Club of Chicago event. “While I'm thrilled with the fact that we are obviously running ahead of a lot of our competitors — we’ve gotten a lot of favorable attention, and our organization is growing more and more strong in terms of recruiting and finance — it doesn't take away from the fact that this is a long run. This is a marathon. We have a long way to go.”

“We are frankly ahead of where I had hoped to be, but now we are right where I want to be,” he added.
He continued, "let me tell you something, I haven't even begun to peak. And when I do peak, you'll know. Because I'm gonna peak so hard that everybody in Philadelphia America's gonna feel it."

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1129147418682040320

Trump once again fires a tactical nuke right into the center of a campaign of a Democrat running for President.  :doge
🤴

agrajag

Beast mode!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

agrajag

political prisoner.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
The whale fucking dream is dead :goldberg
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Trump's people had Osama Bin Laden on speed dial
 :dead

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1129159251115552769
🤴

BisMarckie

political prisoner.

Big Whale claims another victim. :goldberg

Norway and Japan are probably involved because they would rather kill them than make love to them. :maf

benjipwns

Wrap it up, Democrats are in trouble and doomed, james and Occam hardest hit: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/16/us/politics/abortion-republicans-democrats.html
With grisly claims that Democrats promote “birth day abortions” and are “the party of death,” the Republican Party and its conservative allies have aggressively reset the terms of one of the country’s most divisive and emotionally fraught debates, forcing Democrats to reassess how they should respond to attacks and distortions that portray the entire party as extremist on abortion.

The unusually forceful, carefully coordinated campaign has created challenges that Democrats did not expect as they struggle to combat misinformation and thwart further efforts to undercut access to abortion. And advocates of abortion rights fear it is succeeding in pressuring lawmakers in more conservative states to pass severe new restrictions, as Alabama did this week by approving a bill that would essentially outlaw the procedure.
“Democratic politicians constantly misunderstand the disconnect between their position and where the American people are,” said Charmaine Yoest, a vice president at the conservative Heritage Foundation, who was formerly president of Americans United for Life.

“People want abortion restrictions,” added Ms. Yoest, who recently left a job in the Trump administration. “And the more you reveal about the other side’s extremism, the more people say, ‘Wait a minute, I don’t support that.’"

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
”And the more you reveal about the other side’s extremism, the more people say, ‘Wait a minute, I don’t support that.’"

I’d like to think that’s true.
©@©™

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
Sen. Susan Collins, who voted to confirm Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh on the basis of his assurance that he would follow judicial precedent on abortion law, is confident he will keep his word.

Asked Thursday whether she believed that Kavanaugh would join the liberal bloc on the court to strike down Alabama’s new law effectively banning abortion altogether, Collins said she was sure he would be guided by the high court’s traditional deference to precedents such as the 1973 ruling in Roe v. Wade.

“The Alabama law is a terrible law. It’s very extreme. it essentially bans all abortions. I can’t imagine that any justice could find that to be consistent with the previous precedents,” Collins told reporters on Capitol Hill, according to a tweet by CNN correspondent Manu Raju.

:doge

https://www.yahoo.com/news/susan-collins-confident-brett-kavanaugh-will-strike-down-alabama-abortion-law-184058700.html

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
He was pretty clear during his confirmation hearing.
每天生气

Occam

The whole “the father should have a veto power on abortion” is some twisted shit.

At least pro lifers can claim to care about life and claim to have principals.

Well, as has been pointed out, if carrying a child to term was was possible for both sexes, ethically the genitor should absolutely have a veto right, and in that case be required to have the fetus implanted.

Best principal:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 01:31:35 AM by Occam »

agrajag

did you really need this thread to figure out that both sexes couldn't carry a child to term?

Occam

did you really need this thread to figure out that both sexes couldn't carry a child to term?

No. And as I originally said, I was undecided regarding the rights of the genitor, that's why I asked for opinions and reasoning.
The reason I asked was because I came across this: https://www.opposingviews.com/category/new-law-lets-dads-veto-abortions

I still believe that the genitor should have some rights, it's just that the rights of the woman weigh much heavier and thus overrule the man's rights.