Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5447806 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
“And the more you reveal about the other side’s extremism,

It's your own extremism that is revealed by desperately lying about 'the other side'. You're false news.
©ZH

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
BREAKING: John McAfee is currently either in the custody of US Federal Agents or on the run in or near the Bahamas.

He was last seen leaving a prominent crypto persons home via boat. He is separated from his wife at the moment. Sources are claiming that he is in federal custody. https://t.co/Wr7v28DeVu

— Mike Dudas (@mdudas)

I'll translate this: John got so tweaked out on a 3 day drug/booze orgy that he started having paranoid delusions that the feds were right outside his door and he bolted. We currently don't know where he is.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Wrap it up, Democrats are in trouble and doomed, james and Occam hardest hit: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/16/us/politics/abortion-republicans-democrats.html
With grisly claims that Democrats promote “birth day abortions” and are “the party of death,” the Republican Party and its conservative allies have aggressively reset the terms of one of the country’s most divisive and emotionally fraught debates, forcing Democrats to reassess how they should respond to attacks and distortions that portray the entire party as extremist on abortion.

The unusually forceful, carefully coordinated campaign has created challenges that Democrats did not expect as they struggle to combat misinformation and thwart further efforts to undercut access to abortion. And advocates of abortion rights fear it is succeeding in pressuring lawmakers in more conservative states to pass severe new restrictions, as Alabama did this week by approving a bill that would essentially outlaw the procedure.
“Democratic politicians constantly misunderstand the disconnect between their position and where the American people are,” said Charmaine Yoest, a vice president at the conservative Heritage Foundation, who was formerly president of Americans United for Life.

“People want abortion restrictions,” added Ms. Yoest, who recently left a job in the Trump administration. “And the more you reveal about the other side’s extremism, the more people say, ‘Wait a minute, I don’t support that.’"

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/1129154485408980993
©ZH

Occam

I mean, dude is definitely twacked out but he also loudly proclaims to be a tax cheat among other things.   

So does the US President.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

Brehvolution

Trump owning candace is great.
©ZH

agrajag

huh

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
President Donald Trump signed an executive order Wednesday that could restrict Chinese telecommunication firms Huawei Technologies and ZTE from selling their equipment in the U.S., ratcheting up the battle for control over new 5G technology networks.
can't decide which one is irritating me more, the fact that this is not a national emergency, or the fact that the US can't compete with China's technological advances and has to resort to protectionism
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
China has been stealing IP and other shit for years.
Just recently a big tech company in the Netherlands that creates equipment for microchip factories had their tech stolen by a Chinese competitor.
🤴

shosta

True but giving the US "time to catch up" is about a lack of tech, not stolen tech.
每天生气

shosta

Growing up in a very conservative area (in California!) I constantly heard that the Chinese were extremely industrious but not very creative, which is why they didn't have a lot of innovation in their country and had to resort to corporate espionage so frequently. I didn't realize until I was a young adult that this was just cultural propaganda echoed by the anxious-but-faithful designed to assuage American fears that they were not the best, that they would not be on top in the future, and that there would even be a place for them in the near future of this century ("they build it, but we design it").

The truth is that the telecom industry in this country is a cartel keeping us decades behind other developed nations and it only gets worse every year, that American antitrust law has failed, and that introducing a profit motive into infrastructure simply has no positive benefits.
每天生气

shosta

The term of art for this kind of thinking is Deng Shui
每天生气

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Glen Beck is really leaning into that southern plantation owner look.

agrajag

would you go if they served taco bell

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

team filler

• filler
  • filler

:-[

Cauliflower Of Love

the irony that candance owen is in the blacked out redacted parts in the _______ report.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

NPR pulling out the choice quotes.  :cac

shosta

You're being generous. There are strong racial supremacy notions behind us-eu mental bluescreening about losing to China (or any Asian nation or Asians) at anything. Spend more time with lanyard-wielding MBAs and you'll realize they are true believers :usacry
My roommate used to host the weekly meetings for the young republicans club at CSU Sacramento. If I see another pair of Sperry's in my life I'm gonna blow up a police station :rage
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

(Image removed from quote.)

Public acceptance for legalization of prostitution is on the rise. So he's right again.

And if he really wanted to make the point, he'd say "look at congress it's already happening!"

(hire me to ghost write Bernie, I know you read the bire! You can't spell bernie without bire!)

team filler

• filler
  • filler

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Shosta is from Bakersfield?
:O

Cauliflower Of Love

:pika

---

she seems so much like hillary

Also, how do I remember he was named Dr. Greene?

agrajag

(Image removed from quote.)

Sanders is absolutely right, the SHOSTA act must be repealed.

Cauliflower Of Love

sucking dick isn't a bad thing.

Second, why does everyone assume that's a dude who owns the pickup? You know why, because liberals are the real sexists.

Also the sign in the background has been heavily (read: lightly) photoshopped (read: doctored) to looks like a penis (read:phallic shape).

BisMarckie

Stop doxxing poor filler. :wag

agrajag

TIL that by North Carolina law, you cannot withdraw consent once the penis has entered the vagine.

Tripon

Tripon

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1129761369660841984

Rudy ready to cause an international incident.

shosta

California's 4th, bay-bay!
每天生气

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
I would have guessed you were born in Daly City at worst.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1129761369660841984

Rudy ready to cause an international incident.
The Gang: "Hey stop being corrupt that is our job!"
🤴

agrajag

wasn't expecting woke Amash this evening

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/1129831615952236546

shosta

unsurprising for Amash
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

shosta

I was born in San Francisco after a taxi ride from Daly City. And proud!
每天生气

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
I was born in San Francisco after a taxi ride from Daly City. And proud!

I knew it! I had a project that required me to go to Bakersfield every month for 6 months. You are not remotely fat or white enough to be a product of that forsaken city.

shosta

In highschool I had a teacher from there and he was big as shit :dead
每天生气

Tasty

There's a #JoeByeDone hashtag :rofl

kingv

Anita Hill? Anita Hill?

More like Anita Get Over It.

Still talking about that pube on her coke can.

Tripon

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
People that have Patreons for Sonic fanart are better at fundraising than Kirsten Gillibrand LMAO
🤴

Tripon

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1130207891049332737

LMAO wat is this

spoiler (click to show/hide)
John: "Sir it is time"
Trump: "You're right John. We can't let this happen. Especially not during the weekend. Hand me my phone will you"
John: "Here you go sir. You will finally destroy evil and free the world from the menace that is Iran. You will be seen as a hero for generations to come. I am honored to be in your service"
Trump: "That's right! Fucking Bullshit... THERE"
John: "... shouldn't you call the Pentagon sir?"
Trump: "The Pentagon? Why, I just told them what's what. Let's see if they respond to this killer Tweet"
John: ":'("
[close]
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 04:56:29 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Tripon

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
https://twitter.com/ScottHech/status/1129900629382586368

And Fox is falling all over themselves to praise these scumbags as "good guys." :beli
dog

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
wasn't expecting woke Amash this evening

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/1129831615952236546
unsurprising for Amash
ya
On February 26, 2016, Amash said, "Donald Trump, on the other hand, is genuinely terrifying and 'should go back to The Apprentice,'"

also:
https://twitter.com/RashidaTlaib/status/1129880306356576256

found some fact checks:
TommyInIdaho
May.18.2019 at 9:38 pm
Tweeting is not the way to share this sort of thing. I respect Amash but so weighty a matter deserves an article with citations of the report and his rationale connecting them as grounds for impeachment. I tweeted as much back to him.
MSimon
May.19.2019 at 9:11 am
Amash, like Biden, has ties to China.

Is he under investigation? Yet?
Ordinary Person
May.19.2019 at 9:28 am
He’s a foreigner once removed which are the worst kind because you can’t tell they’re a foreigner. It’s just horrible.
jdd6y
May.19.2019 at 11:43 am
He’s a putz. He should be primaried and have to get a real job.
Ray McKigney
May.19.2019 at 8:39 am
If so, he’s absurdly naive. His principled stance is serving only to help people who don’t give a rat’s ass about the Constitution.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
rumor was Amash was considering not running again since the House is a waste of time if you're not leadership, that's where the Libertarian Presidential rumor came from, but he was clearly scared off by the McAfee-Seder one-two punch, but now with at least one of those in doubt...
[close]

shosta

"come find me in 1628 Longworth" did not work for me on tinder and I do not think it will work for rashida
每天生气

agrajag

umm, benji you should look up all the stuff Lindsey Graham has said about Trump before

agrajag

"come find me in 1628 Longworth" did not work for me on tinder and I do not think it will work for rashida

Just like catcalling, I don't owe a response to unsolicited impeachment resolutions from women with bad intenrions.

:nope

agrajag

Tripon

https://twitter.com/MeetThePress/status/1130100402412826624

the framing of this tweet is just

:mindblown

Meet the Press is heavy establishment. IMO, Sanders is going to have a tougher time on places like Meet the Press, Face the Nation, etc. over even Fox News' shows because they're so stuck in a mindset that the current way of doing things is correct.