Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5391755 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
I would have guessed you were born in Daly City at worst.
I was born in San Francisco after a taxi ride from Daly City. And proud!

I knew it! I had a project that required me to go to Bakersfield every month for 6 months. You are not remotely fat or white enough to be a product of that forsaken city.

There are plenty of Asians in the valley. 300lb Asians.
:O

james

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1129411349854019585

Mired near the bottom of most polls at 1 percent or less, she has drawn thinner crowds on the trail than the top contenders, and her televised CNN town hall event drew the worst ratings of any weekday town hall that the network has hosted. She has struggled to secure home-state support and also faced a complaint about her own office’s handing of a sexual harassment complaint that eventually resulted in the departure of the aide in question.

:tauntaun :tauntaun :tauntaun :tauntaun :tauntaun :tauntaun

“It is surprising to me she hasn’t resonated with the electorate,” said Patti Solis Doyle, a Democratic strategist and campaign manager for Hillary Clinton in 2008.

:girlaff :girlaff :girlaff

james

PoliBore: Mandatory IUDs are sexist

James: Come again?

A businessman is preparing to have a hysterectomy after doctors discovered he was born with a womb.

The 37-year-old Lancashire man discovered he has a full set of female reproductive organs after undergoing scans for suspected bladder cancer.

"It appears I could even potentially get pregnant. But I've been told by doctors I'll be having a hysterectomy in the next few weeks. Bizarrely, that could lead to menopause."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11397560/Man-born-with-a-womb-prepares-for-hysterectomy.html

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
PoliBore: Mandatory IUDs are sexist

James: Come again?

A businessman is preparing to have a hysterectomy after doctors discovered he was born with a womb.

The 37-year-old Lancashire man discovered he has a full set of female reproductive organs after undergoing scans for suspected bladder cancer.

"It appears I could even potentially get pregnant. But I've been told by doctors I'll be having a hysterectomy in the next few weeks. Bizarrely, that could lead to menopause."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11397560/Man-born-with-a-womb-prepares-for-hysterectomy.html

Having a womb to own the libs.
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
lmao
Inspired by "strategery," a term coined by SNL and embraced by the George W. Bush Administration, The Strategerist podcast series highlights leadership and compassion through thought-provoking discussions.

EPISODE 22: PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH

We sat down with President George W. Bush to discuss leadership, humor, and even the arts – specifically, his painting and dancing.
ROFL

🤴

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
lmao
Inspired by "strategery," a term coined by SNL and embraced by the George W. Bush Administration, The Strategerist podcast series highlights leadership and compassion through thought-provoking discussions.

EPISODE 22: PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH

We sat down with President George W. Bush to discuss leadership, humor, and even the arts – specifically, his painting and dancing.
ROFL

©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Where is this rehabilitation coming from? Even Republicans hated Dubya by the end of his second term.
dog

Boredfrom

As I understand, paying with cash large sums of money is always a giant warning sign of illicit stuff. Why he is bragging about it?

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
"Yeah, we know how you did it, congratulations. The bank gave you a credit card. It doesn't make you better than me! But you see, nobody gives me credit, because I'm a bad risk, and I don't pay my bills on time. So I have to work for what I have."
dog

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

BisMarckie

I always thought Bernie smelled like your average old man who uses a bit too much cologne, but that he smells amazing really surprised me. :obama

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
MAYBE MAKE IT A GOOD COUNTRY TO HAVE KIDS IN IDK

shosta

didn't conservatives just spend several decades talking about how minorities have too many kids
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
I think the maritime term is dropping anchors.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

can i ask you a question joe?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
umm, benji you should look up all the stuff Lindsey Graham has said about Trump before
God-Amash isn't a spineless weasel like Graham :bolo

spoiler (click to show/hide)
*insert multiple examples where he probably went with the party*
[close]

benjipwns

:derp

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1128619642489069568
watch it or we're gonna send you back to Canada, Frum

and lock you in a room with Occam and james

and Jordan Peterson

:phil
[close]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
I'm amazed Dems are still in wishy washy talks about impeachment.

Bison 2020 :mods
ὕβρις

benjipwns

now that everybody is in the pool, let's make fun of/admire the campaign logos  :doge

-   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -

i like:
-JULIAN hiding the "CASTRO"
-Hickenlooper for Winter Olympics (not just Mandark reuses the classic jokes)
-the Inslee ORB (also smashing OUR MOMENT in there)
-Seth Moulton's...everything going on there
-everyone that's trying to get away with just their first name as if they were a Bernie or Jeb! (or Hillary)
-the possibility that Warren's was them confusing her writing her name down on a document for a logo suggestion (although I like it better than most of them)
-the possibility that CORY 2020 was a bumper sticker design they confused for the logo proposal (see also: TIM RYAN)
-the bigotry inherent in "for AMERICA" :wag
-correspondingly, Delaney being the only one to list what office it is for
-similarly, the decent amount of lack of 2020's
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 05:38:02 AM by benjipwns »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Up for some Bennet and Chill ?
ὕβρις

benjipwns

Amy for America sounds like it might be an Amy Schumer version of Nathan For You

benjipwns

the Biden campaign should have just done this, and left the imgflip.com watermark on it:

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Cory 2020 looks like a mid 2000s PC magazine logo.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Kamala Harris is the only one with some energy. Isn't much of a "logo" though, I guess.
ὕβρις

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Disappointed at no avalanche imagery for Gravel.

Inslee looks like a shitty icon for an .exe from 1998.
Margs

benjipwns

Cory 2020 looks like a mid 2000s PC magazine logo.
donate now to get Cory's yearly BEST FREE INTERNET DOWNLOADS and TOP 100 HOT WINDOWS TWEAKS

benjipwns

donate the yearly maximum and receive Cory's full slate of benchmarks for ZIP AND JAZZ DRIVES: THE FUTURE OF DATA STORAGE

Cauliflower Of Love

Seth molton going for that weekend update crowd.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
I hate everything about the Pete logo. All of it.

It looks like they hired the person who designed t-shirts for Aeropostale. Not the ones that sold well, but the ones that ended up on the clearance racks.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
can i ask you a question joe?

You can try.
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

I saw the pete logo and the beto logo, and I assumed it was the same campaign. Like Pete Beto 2020

that'd be kinda hot though :smug

seriously thought, those are clearly corporate designers that went political.

Bernie though, that dude's logo looks straight from the 65's

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Pete looks like it belongs over the main entrance to a baseball stadium.

Beto looks like the sign for an upscale downtown restaurant for hipsters.
dog

Cauliflower Of Love

Pete looks like it belongs over the main entrance to a baseball stadium.

Beto looks like the sign for an upscale downtown restaurant for hipsters.

So closeted sports fans.

Brehvolution

Betraying anxiety about Biden’s standing here, Trump sought to undermine Biden’s local credentials. Biden was born in Scranton in 1942, but his family moved from the state in 1953.

“He's not from Pennsylvania,” Trump said. “I guess he was born here, but he left you folks. He left you for another state. Remember that, please....He left you for another state, and he didn't take care of you, because he didn't take care of your jobs. He let other countries come in and rip off America. That doesn't happen anymore."

:cac

©ZH

agrajag

Bernie and Yang have the only good logos.

Cauliflower Of Love

“There was no person more inspiring in public life, in my life, than Barack Obama,” O’Rourke responded, saying he was prepared to “walk through walls” for him in 2008.

These people are really trying to do this? You're not 8 or 12 years old, you can't say Obama inspired you while running for POTUS as a fucking 30 or 40 fucking year old.

james

Pelosi: Vote Democrat in 2018 to hold Trump accountable!

*Everyone votes Democrat*

Voters: let's hold Trump accountable! IMPEACH!

Pelosi:

:pika

Cauliflower Of Love

I like how bernie is laying low to pounc on the left over idiot voters that didn't get hamstrung by china election meddling.

agrajag

Tulsi's logo isn't bad but kind of gives me Darth Daenerys vibes

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Sad that only four of the candidates are for America, I assume all the rest are against?
©@©™

shosta

Normally it's stylized with a gradient. That's the sticker variant.

每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

Did they model that L after her chin?

Tasty

now that everybody is in the pool, let's make fun of/admire the campaign logos  :doge

(Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)  - (Image removed from quote.)

i like:
-JULIAN hiding the "CASTRO"
-Hickenlooper for Winter Olympics (not just Mandark reuses the classic jokes)
-the Inslee ORB (also smashing OUR MOMENT in there)
-Seth Moulton's...everything going on there
-everyone that's trying to get away with just their first name as if they were a Bernie or Jeb! (or Hillary)
-the possibility that Warren's was them confusing her writing her name down on a document for a logo suggestion (although I like it better than most of them)
-the possibility that CORY 2020 was a bumper sticker design they confused for the logo proposal (see also: TIM RYAN)
-the bigotry inherent in "for AMERICA" :wag
-correspondingly, Delaney being the only one to list what office it is for
-similarly, the decent amount of lack of 2020's

Tulsi's got an amazing font choice. :ohhh

Cauliflower Of Love

As a ________ I wonder what it's like to go into a trump rally.

benjipwns

Latest Sign of Beto O’Rourke’s Flameout: Opposition Research Requests Have ‘Died Off’
In the days leading up to Beto O’Rourke’s presidential campaign, a top Republican opposition research firm was brimming with requests from political reporters angling for dirt.

America Rising, a political action committee that shared details of its internal inquiries with The Daily Beast, said the asks came from a dozen or more reporters and ranged from broad questions to more tailored points of interest.

But 10 weeks after O’Rourke’s official launch, those requests are virtually nonexistent.

“The requests for oppo on him have completely died off,” a staffer at the oppo group said.

America Rising, which has cornered the market on opposition research on the nearly two dozen presidential contenders, has tracked what it considers a steady decline in the public’s interest in O’Rourke.

The Republican National Committee, known for slinging insults about Democrats into mainstream consciousness, has not received any requests from reporters for O’Rourke information in recent weeks, according to a senior official.
                is this a form of opposition research?
               /

Cauliflower Of Love

who need oppo when the dumbass over there can give you a nickname?

Cauliflower Of Love

plus all the oppo firms are under scrutiny by the DOJ ironically enough.

agrajag

hello fellow poli-scientists, when is the release date for latest oppo droppo?

Mandark

• Icon
“There was no person more inspiring in public life, in my life, than Barack Obama,” O’Rourke responded, saying he was prepared to “walk through walls” for him in 2008.

These people are really trying to do this? You're not 8 or 12 years old, you can't say Obama inspired you while running for POTUS as a fucking 30 or 40 fucking year old.

Actually sounds plausible to me. He spent his 20's as an urban creative type (subsidized by his business-owning parents) and his first run for public office was after Obama had given that famous keynote speech at the Democratic convention.

Obama's been a national figure for a decade and a half now. We're all getting old.

Cauliflower Of Love

Actually sounds plausible to me. He spent his 20's as an urban creative type (subsidized by his business-owning parents) and his first run for public office was after Obama had given that famous keynote speech at the Democratic convention.

Obama's been a national figure for a decade and a half now. We're all getting old.

Sure, but this stinks of this guy ( beto? ) trying to get some shine off a popular person. Beto seems like a super great guy with great morals and ethics and people around him that want good for everybody.

But he's coming off like a huge fucking fake.

Let me stand on shit. *hoarse voice*

Nah son.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/beto-orourkes-past-gop-ties-could-complicate-primary-run-11552621743

He's not a great guy, and while his statement about being inspired by President Obama may be true, it's extremely difficult to not see it through a cynical lens when you've read much of anything about his rise in local politics.

Critical support to Young Beto O'Dork for trying to undermine cop unions.
[close]

shosta

Him running for president instead of senate is just about everything you need to know about him.

Stacey Abrams declining to lose twice is understandable but still a little hair-pulling.
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
Him running for president instead of senate is just about everything you need to know about him.

Stacey Abrams declining to lose twice is understandable but still a little hair-pulling.

The other Castro brother also passed on a Senate run. Ditto the Dem attorney general in North Carolina.