Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5446085 times)

BisMarckie

#Avenutty2020

#EvaNotty2020 :drool

Okay, more like 2012.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/beto-orourkes-cnn-town-hall-ranks-near-the-bottom-in-ratings
Presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke is not only starting to appear toward the bottom in the polls, but his Tuesday televised town hall with CNN now holds the distinction of being one of the lowest in ratings for the network.

O’Rourke's CNN town hall averaged 714,000 total viewers and 194,000 in the 25-54 demo, which means it came in third for both categories during 10-11:15 p.m. EST, according to early Nielsen Media Research.

In the same time slot on Tuesday, Fox News' "The Ingraham Angle" had about 2,393,000 viewers and MSNBC's "Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell" had about 2,274,000 viewers.

CNN town halls with declared presidential candidates that had more viewers include:

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper: 745,000
Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar: 869,000
New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker: 929,000
Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 1,091,000
is this the relaunch?

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Beta O’Dork, am I right?  :betty
Margs

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Going to miss O'Dork a little. He had powerful meme energy.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Ah, the halcyon days before Wilmington Joe swooped in to save the party, when a virtual nobody who couldn't beat Lyin' Ted Cruz got a massive media campaign and a zillion dollars for his campaign after he announced because he thinks ten thousand dollar deductibles are actually good.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
trump would have drank beta's milkshake, came up on him like a bitch

the tweets would have been  :lawd

benjipwns

FACT CHECK:
Obama aides say Beto O'Rourke reminds them of the ex-president. Obama agrees.
Ex-staffers have reached out to the Texas Democrat to offer advice — and encouragement — as he weighs a bid for the White House.

Aides to the former president and the man himself say O'Rourke's campaign against Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, gave them flashbacks to Obama's precocious political rise and has positioned the young white congressman as an early if unlikely heir to the first black president's "hope and change" mantle.

Obama said as much at an event in Chicago last week and some of his former political lieutenants have been publicly encouraging O'Rourke to consider a 2020 presidential bid, while privately counseling him on what to expect should he jump in.

But in O'Rourke, Obama veterans see not only an inspiring political celebrity, but, like Obama, a tactical innovator who eschewed the political industrial complex of pollsters and consultants and used technology in new ways to connect directly with supporters and multiply the force of his fundraising and ground game.

"The reason I was able to make a connection with a sizable portion of the country was because people had a sense that I said what I meant," Obama told his former strategist David Axelrod last week, adding that O'Rourke has that same quality.

"It felt as if he based his statements and his positions on what he believed. And that, you'd like to think, is normally how things work. Sadly it's not," Obama added.

Dan Pfeiffer, a former Obama White House aide who now hosts "Pod Save America," urged Washington not to count out O'Rourke.

"The whole conversation around Beto has been eerily familiar to me, because these are the exact arguments people made to me when I told them I was considering working for Barack Obama 10 years ago," he wrote this week in an essay calling on O'Rourke to run.

Occam

WTF, Beta is awful.
Charming but intellectually unimpressive and full of hot air with policies that could have passed for moderate Republican before the party went completely insane.
He is nothing like Obama.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
NEW YORK (AP) — After Eric Garner’s death following a confrontation with New York City police five years ago, one officer involved in the struggle wrote up paperwork that exaggerated the seriousness of the dead man’s suspected crime, that officer testified Tuesday.

Officer Justin Damico said that after riding in an ambulance with the dying Garner, he filled out arrest papers listing a felony tax charge that would have required prosecutors to prove Garner, a small-time street hustler, had sold 10,000 untaxed cigarettes.

Damico was questioned about the posthumous arrest papers while testifying at the disciplinary trial of Officer Daniel Pantaleo, a one-time partner accused of restraining Garner with a banned chokehold as they tried to arrest him for selling loose, untaxed cigarettes on Staten Island in July 2014.

“You initiated this on your own, writing up the arrest of a dead man?” asked Suzanne O’Hare, a lawyer for the police watchdog agency bringing the disciplinary case against Pantaleo.

Damico acknowledged that the felony charge was incorrect because Garner actually had with him five packs of Newports that contained a total of less than 100 cigarettes. The cigarettes were marked for sale in Virginia, a sign they were being resold illegally in New York.

https://apnews.com/ce589240fb884eceab7eaba2bfdff9e2?utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter

How the hell nobody went to jail for this.

Tripon

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
That's what all criminals say.
©ZH

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/beto-orourkes-cnn-town-hall-ranks-near-the-bottom-in-ratings
Presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke is not only starting to appear toward the bottom in the polls, but his Tuesday televised town hall with CNN now holds the distinction of being one of the lowest in ratings for the network.

O’Rourke's CNN town hall averaged 714,000 total viewers and 194,000 in the 25-54 demo, which means it came in third for both categories during 10-11:15 p.m. EST, according to early Nielsen Media Research.

In the same time slot on Tuesday, Fox News' "The Ingraham Angle" had about 2,393,000 viewers and MSNBC's "Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell" had about 2,274,000 viewers.

CNN town halls with declared presidential candidates that had more viewers include:

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper: 745,000
Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar: 869,000
New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker: 929,000
Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 1,091,000
is this the relaunch?

Who are all these people watching Ingraham Angle and Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell?  :what
dog

kingv

WTF, Beta is awful.
Charming but intellectually unimpressive and full of hot air with policies that could have passed for moderate Republican before the party went completely insane.

That’s actually exactly like Obama. Center right Democrat.

agrajag

WTF, Beta is awful.

so like a typical Bore poster

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
The only thing Beto had going for him was "straight white man." With Biden in, he has nothing.

Go join Gillibitch in her treehouse of sadness. 
:O

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
omg :lol
©@©™

Occam

After being humiliated like this, shouldn't you be virtually indestructible?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Bernie is lucky aoc isn't old enough.

Also what's up with tusli? It's like she an asshole

agrajag

oh she's old enough

:shaq

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Yikes

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
If theres grass on the field....

Run for president.
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

Occam

How about impeaching the dotard instead of "pwning" him on twitter?

shosta

I think strategically speaking, it's way better to have trump keep fucking up the country and pull the ticket down
每天生气

agrajag

fuck "strategy," they are abdicating their constitutional duty. And undermining the Congress' power as a check on the executive branch in the process. If this administration just continues to ignore all their subpoenas and they do not respond, it's over, you can't go back to "normal."

Kara

How about impeaching the dotard instead of "pwning" him on twitter?

The U.S. Senate (where he'd be tried if impeached) is controlled by the Republican Party. The result of either choice is the same: nothing.

Nola

I kinda think basing your decision-making around whether a lawless party is going to act in good faith during the trial of their lawless leader is probably not the best way to decide whether you should uphold your duty's and pursue justice commensurate to the evidence you have.

agrajag

Yep. If your main consideration is "he probably wants us to impeach him, so we won't, that'll show him!"

:gurl

Kara

I kinda think basing your decision-making around whether a lawless party is going to act in good faith during the trial of their lawless leader is probably not the best way to decide whether you should uphold your duty's and pursue justice commensurate to the evidence you have.

Prosecutors regularly consider whether or not charges can be seen to conviction when deciding whether or not to pursue them. (They also consider the electoral implications of their pursuits as well.) I know the justice system is ironically named, would you say the same?

shosta

Dunking on jacobin and then running interference for electoralism. Make up your mind!
每天生气

Tripon

WTF, Beta is awful.

So he's a Beto cuck?

Nola

Prosecutors regularly consider whether or not charges can be seen to conviction when deciding whether or not to pursue them. (They also consider the electoral implications of their pursuits as well.) I know the justice system is ironically named, would you say the same?

Nothing wrong with incorporating the implications of a non-conviction into your political calculus, letting it be the overriding factor is where I would and do have concerns.

And that position clearly seems to be where the Democratic leadership is at.

Tripon

in other news...

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1131708421596696576

:lol

Twitter is hella jealous at how swole the Krassenstein are.

As heroes of the anti-Trump resistance, the Krassensteins won admiration from liberals and anger from conservatives for their willingness to tweak Trump and his supporters online. The Krassenstein brothers even turned their online fandom into a book—featuring a shirtless, muscular Special Counsel Robert Mueller pursuing Trump.

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1131712385671147523

« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 11:41:40 PM by Tripon »

agrajag

I had 28 followers on Twitter and one of them was Ed Krassenstein

today I noticed that my count was down to 27 before I received the news.

shosta

Former Massachusetts Gov. BIll Weld said he‘ll be directing his campaign toward open primary states where he expects to win crossover votes from Democrats intent on casting a vote against President Donald Trump before the general election in November.

“I’ll be focusing on the 20 states that permit crossover voting. It’s not just Vermont, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts, it’s 17 other states,“ Weld said in an interview with C-SPAN's Newsmakers program, which is scheduled to air Friday. “And a lot of those states permit even a Democrat to take a Republican ballot and I’ve heard from Democrats that they’re going to come and vote in the Republican primary for one day so that they can vote for me against Mr. Trump. And then they’re going to go home and take a hot shower because they feel so unclean. But those are votes as well."
I'm gonna vote for Weld and not take a shower  :rash
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon

agrajag

::)

benjipwns

finding out everything about the Krassensteins was one of my favorite things I've uncovered on the internet in the last couple years, truly amazing American heroes :american

Twitter's bans are constantly No Fun Allowed :wag

benjipwns

https://hillreporter.com/op-ed-krassensteins-respond-to-twitter-suspension-by-the-krassenstein-brothers-37041
Quote from: BY ED KRASSENSTEIN & BRIAN KRASSENSTEIN
Logging into our email accounts we saw matching emails that read as follows:

“Your account has been permanently suspended for violating the Twitter Rules (https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-rules), specifically:Fake accounts: You may not register or create fake and misleading accounts or use multiple accounts to manipulate Twitter conversations. While you may use Twitter pseudonymously or as a parody, commentary, or fan account, you may not use misleading account information in order to engage in spamming, abusive, or disruptive behavior, including attempts to manipulate the conversations on Twitter.Selling Usernames: You may not buy or sell Twitter usernames.”
The first thing that went through our heads was that ‘this is some sort of mistake,’ so we contacted our main press contact at Twitter to inquire.  All that the friendly woman was able to provide us with was their official press statement that had already been sent to other press outlets such as The Daily Beast and Fox News.  It read as follows:
“The Twitter Rules to apply to everyone. Operating multiple fake accounts and purchasing account interactions are strictly prohibited. Engaging in these behaviors will result in permanent suspension from the service.”
The problem with these statements is that we never did any of this.  We never “purchased account interactions,” nor did we ever “sell usernames” or buy usernames.  We did operate multiple accounts, but there were only a few of them and they were not used to “mislead” or “manipulate Twitter.”  If Twitter investigated this thoroughly they would clearly see this.
This is what we DID do:

We, or immediate family members and/or business partners operated multiple Twitter accounts in a 100% non-manipulative or misleading way.  These, however, ONLY included @EdKrassen, which is Ed Krassenstein’s personal account; @Krassenstein, which is Brian Krassenstein’s personal account; @KrassenCast, which is the official KrassenCasts podcast account; and two additional accounts: @kstein2020 & @FrankKern20, both of which were used specifically to track threatening tweets by others, targeted at us and/or our families (more on this below).

In addition to this, we have run other Twitter accounts in the past for various businesses and projects, which we have not logged into for years.  None of them were misleading or manipulative in any way.  There was one Twitter account used named “Impeach Donald Trump” but we had deactivated it well prior to the suspension, and it was never used to deceive, mislead, or manipulate.

We NEVER, and we want to make this as clear as day, ever bought or sold ANY Twitter accounts or interactions.  We swear on our graves that this is 100% true.

The two Twitter accounts mentioned above (@kstein2020 @FrankKern20) were old accounts.  One was 12 years old and was an account we had used to tweet about an old Android video game system called the OUYA when we ran a news site about the system.  The other account was 2 years old and one of us used it on our phones to track threats that people who had blocked our personal and business accounts were making toward us and our families.  The FBI is aware of these threats.

Over the past 2 1/2 years as our tweets became more and more political in nature, people began posting our phone numbers, our wives phone numbers, our home addresses, and photos of our homes, neighborhoods, and children.  These users had blocked us and the only way to see Tweet-replies that they were making to others was to use another account.  We were in constant communication with a contact at the FBI who we would send the threats that we had receive to.  We had sent the FBI multiple death threats we had received in the mail, from people whom we believe got our address from others on Twitter.  This is the primary reason we used these two additional accounts. On a few other occasions we used them as anonymous contacts for stories we were working on for this very publication regarding social media issues.  Again we never used them to manipulate or mislead anyone.

Note:  People might ask why we didn’t just use “incognito mode” to track threatening tweets.  There is a simple answer.  In incognito mode, you can’t view a user’s tweet replies, rather just their normal tweets.  There would be large Twitter threads about us, and it was virtually impossible to track certain individuals who consistently posted our personal information, without having an account logged in that wasn’t blocked by these users.

We have long defended Twitter’s actions of banning and suspending users, and our stance still remains the same.  Twitter, as a private company, has every right to ban whoever they choose, including us.  We would, however, appreciate that Twitter reviews our suspension and issues a correction in regards to their comments about us buying or selling Twitter accounts or interactions.  This is 100% false, and if Twitter believes they have evidence to prove otherwise, we ask and encourage them to release these details to the media.
There are others who think that Twitter is trying to make an example out of us, after President Trump has accused them of constantly suspending conservative accounts. We don’t buy into this. We simply hope that this was a mistake and believe that Twitter will investigate and hopefully correct it. If not, then we will still be active online.  We have faith in Twitter doing the right thing.

We have both always stayed up to date on Twitter rules and were 100% sure to comply with them. That’s why all of this is so confusing.

Please take a moment to also read our OPEN LETTER TO TWITTER concerning our suspension on false allegations that we can prove are false.
https://hillreporter.com/the-krassenstein-brothers-open-letter-plea-to-twitter-regarding-their-suspension-37075

agrajag

wouldn't it be cooler and more Thanos style to delete one of the Krasser brothers?

benjipwns

honest journalism :rejoice

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Steve Doocy, after the break
During the Diamond and Silk segment they mentioned Nancy Pelosi. I was unfamiliar with what they were talking about (I’m looking at FoxNews.com story) …”Manipulated videos of Nancy Pelosi edited to falsely depict her as drunk spread on social media. And according to a report from The Washington Post. Experts believe the original video was slowed down to 75% from the original and that her pitch was manipulated in order to present her under the influence. Not a real video. It’s doctored. All right.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 01:44:39 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

I honestly forgot that Rick Perry still existed.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/24/politics/rick-perry-trump-invisible/
Rick Perry's greatest success in Trump's Washington: invisibility

Washington (CNN) - Energy Secretary Rick Perry has been a near-ghost in Washington, adhering almost too well to the first rule of working for President Donald Trump — never overshadow the boss.

Perry generates so few headlines that it's easy to forget the longest-tenured Texas governor and two-time Presidential candidate is a Cabinet official.

benjipwns

the latinx love women candidates but the women don't love the latinx candidates  :thinking
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 02:00:44 PM by benjipwns »

Occam

the latinx love women candidates  :thinking

Nice example of how religion and conservatism fuck everything up.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 02:02:56 PM by Occam »

agrajag

wow blacks are selfish!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

wow blacks are selfish!
they're pretty much cheating at voting, this is why we need stronger voter fraud laws

agrajag

women hate gays and latinos

men hate gays

whites hate gays and blacks

blacks really hate gays and really love blacks

latinos love women but hate gays and blacks

:trumps

shosta

all the gay guys in Vegas seem to be Mexican though
每天生气

agrajag

wow blacks are selfish!
they're pretty much cheating at voting, this is why we need stronger voter fraud laws

why is there no straight white man option, racists? Trump was right they're rigging this thing in plain sight!

Occam

Everyone except for the nonreligious (and people of high income) dislikes homosexuals.

agrajag

unity!

:rejoice

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
finding out everything about the Krassensteins was one of my favorite things I've uncovered on the internet in the last couple years, truly amazing American heroes :american

Twitter's bans are constantly No Fun Allowed :wag

https://kotaku.com/anti-trump-resistance-scammers-who-got-banned-from-twit-1835011953

And this is the same week that Razer announced they were turning off the Ouya servers. How deep down the rabbit hole does this go? :thinking
©@©™

benjipwns

But no one envisioned too many candidates to fit on two debate stages. As a result, candidates on the cusp are reduced to begging for donors. (In fact, the New York Post put New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio on its front page this week with a cup and a mock sign, “BROTHER, CAN YOU SPARE A BUCK?”)

In the last 24 hours on my Facebook feed, I have seen paid ads for Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand (NY) and Cory Booker (NJ), Gov. Jay Inslee (WA), and Rep. Seth Moulton (MA), all pleading for contributions as small as $1. As Gillibrand’s ad put it, “The DNC rules may keep me off the national debate stage. Give $1 today to guarantee my voice can be heard in the campaign.”

In case more than 20 candidates qualify based on both surveys and campaign contributions, the polling numbers would prevail. As Geoffrey Skelley explained in FiveThirtyEight, “With so many candidates hovering around 1 percent or so in the polls, a few tenths of a percentage point could make or break a candidate’s chances of qualifying.” And that's well within the margin of error.

Already, there is the danger that a respected senator, Michael Bennet (D-CO), who entered the race late after surgery for prostate cancer, will be at home during the first round of debates while a vanity candidate like spiritual guru Marianne Williamson will be on stage outlining her vision for America.

A better solution would be for the DNC to exclude candidates that it knows have no chance of winning: Williamson, Gravel (who received exactly 404 votes in the 2008 New Hampshire primary after being included in most debates), and Wayne Messam, the little-known mayor of Miramar, Florida. With 21 candidates remaining, the choice then would be to also boot entrepreneur Andrew Yang (who has never been elected to political office) or cram 11 candidates into one of the debates.

But the DNC (still skittish over accusations that it was biased against Bernie Sanders in the 2016 primaries) prefers objective criteria over any exercise of judgment.
The DNC may give in to heavy network pressure and raise the standards in September (maybe requiring 4 percent in national polls) so that no more than 10 candidates qualify for future debates. Serious figures in the Democratic Party (senators like Gillibrand and Bennet, governors like Inslee and Steve Bullock of Montana) would be in jeopardy of being cast into oblivion, dismissed by their own party as fringe candidates.

What makes such a move unconscionable is that a September debate would be roughly five months before the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primary. Political history is punctuated with last-minute breakthroughs in these early contests, from Gary Hart in New Hampshire to 1984 to Rick Santorum in Iowa in 2012. None of these surges would have been possible if underdog contenders were arbitrarily excluded for the debates.

Both parties have come a long way in the 60 years since presidential nominees were mostly anointed by party bosses. Voter sovereignty is now the watchword with almost all the 2020 Democratic delegates slated to be chosen in primaries. But this triumph of democracy will be hollow if the ratings-driven demands of the TV networks end up arbitrarily shrinking the presidential field before any voters get a say.