Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5450218 times)

agrajag

Re: US Politics Thread |OT| Unemployed...in GREENLAND!
« Reply #42240 on: August 25, 2019, 12:34:12 AM »
we're getting biden with VP Harris as some sort of Obama inversion aren't we  :goty

I am not voting for that ticket. I don't care what Shosta says.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #42241 on: August 25, 2019, 12:39:09 AM »
每天生气

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #42242 on: August 25, 2019, 12:44:48 AM »
we're getting biden with VP Harris as some sort of Obama inversion aren't we  :goty
That's pretty close to the most garbage ticket possible and this is the DNC we're talking about here, so yes. :gloomy
Hi

kingv

« Reply #42243 on: August 25, 2019, 01:57:02 AM »
http://filesforprogress.org/memos/battleground_favorability_8_22.pdf

So uh, I guess it turns out that the squad is at least as popular as pelosi in battleground districts. Pelosi stanky old ass needs to retire from speaker after this term. She lost a step and has ultimately really bungled the Congressional oversight role.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #42244 on: August 25, 2019, 02:20:08 AM »

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #42245 on: August 25, 2019, 02:27:56 AM »

shosta

« Reply #42246 on: August 25, 2019, 03:12:30 AM »
How to produce a libertarian

每天生气

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #42247 on: August 25, 2019, 07:36:12 AM »
Andy, I think I found an avatar for now: https://www.reddit.com/r/ChapoTrapHouse/comments/cv3d8i/look_at_this_horseshit/

The layers. Trans flag being used for gays, thinking libertarianism is a "protect self" thing (#NoBenjiPlz), etc. The layers.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #42248 on: August 25, 2019, 10:45:30 AM »
The foundations of libertarianism:

1) The non-aggression principle.
2) Neoclassical economics.
3) Buying gold off of infomercials.
4) Bitter disagreements about whether a small land tax or small consumption tax will fund the night watchman functions of the miniarchy.
5) Saying "it's not a democracy, it's a republic!" in a plonking voice.
6) The individual as the primary unit of society.
7) It's not pedophilia, it's ephebophilia.
8) Repeatedly being forced by your strong, unwavering principles to make common cause with racists but feeling torn up about it, really.
9) Finishing second in the Bowling Green, Kentucky Brawl For All - Physicians Division.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #42249 on: August 25, 2019, 10:48:24 AM »
3) Buying gold off of infomercials.

Nobody:

Libertarians: We're turning back to the gold standard any day now
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #42250 on: August 25, 2019, 10:57:35 AM »
how have I never seen this before

:dead

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #42251 on: August 25, 2019, 11:19:02 AM »
"We need a woman to clean it up"

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #42252 on: August 25, 2019, 12:49:24 PM »
It boggles the mind why they lost  :thinking
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #42253 on: August 25, 2019, 01:46:54 PM »

holy shit this bitch is insane

any democratic candidate that isn't bernie is basically the anti-christ

and those youtube comments... thats some scary shit right there

bernie stans are trash people
Don't say bad things about queen Krystal  :bolo
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #42254 on: August 25, 2019, 02:16:52 PM »
we're getting biden

there's zero enthusiasm for biden

biden is 100% not going to be the nominee
Only a select group of people vote in the primaries. He might lose a state or two but overall he's going to win the lion share of the primaries.
Just look at Sanders. He managed to get quite a few crowds but none of those youngsters were registered to vote and even if he won a state the delegates would still throw their weight behind Hillary.

Because the narrative has been that Trump won because of Russia (and not because Clinton ran an awful campaign) they haven't done a lot of soul searching in the party.
As far as they're concerned Biden just needs to win back the working class whites that voted for Trump in 2016. And with a strategic VP pick they could turn a red state blue.

Energy and enthusiasm is not what they're looking for. The fewer people vote, the bigger the chance it's just old people who vote for Uncle Joe.
🤴

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #42255 on: August 25, 2019, 02:25:21 PM »
we're getting biden

There have been past nominations where you could say the person had less than stellar enthusiasm. Dole, Kerry, Romney.

These weren’t people that electrified the base, yet still beat out populists that ran that year.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #42256 on: August 25, 2019, 02:48:08 PM »
we're getting biden

well, he sure hasn't collapsed in the polls yet despite best efforts

Tripon

shosta

« Reply #42258 on: August 25, 2019, 04:09:08 PM »
How did I get no likes for sharing that Charles Koch was raised by a literal Nazi that tormented his asshole with laxatives and an enema as a boy
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #42259 on: August 25, 2019, 04:14:47 PM »
main problem with the nazi's was they were killing wealthy white people  :trumps

kingv

« Reply #42260 on: August 25, 2019, 04:16:30 PM »
One mans torment is another’s tickles.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #42261 on: August 25, 2019, 04:16:47 PM »

:juicy
___

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #42262 on: August 25, 2019, 04:16:47 PM »
How did I get no likes for sharing that Charles Koch was raised by a literal Nazi that tormented his asshole with laxatives and an enema as a boy

Sounds like a normal childhood to me. 

team filler

• filler
  • filler

thisismyusername

« Reply #42264 on: August 25, 2019, 04:36:15 PM »
we're getting biden

There have been past nominations where you could say the person had less than stellar enthusiasm. Dole, Kerry, Romney.

These weren’t people that electrified the base, yet still beat out populists that ran that year.

I mean you're not wrong. But Biden is sundowning so fucking hard that it'll be shocking if the DNC continues with him.

Also double-shocking given (despite the hurr durr 30% polls) most younger voters (read the ones that the DNC sorely needs) really don't like him.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #42265 on: August 25, 2019, 04:40:07 PM »
If Biden is the nominee, I'll vote for him.

But I'd be expecting 4 more years of Trump, and really hunker down for the absolute fuckery that'll happen. I'm not saying it'll be throw your hands up hopeless, but.....its better to build expectations on the worst possible outcome happening.
OH!

thisismyusername

« Reply #42266 on: August 25, 2019, 04:44:40 PM »

Serious question: Why?

Because if it's "vote blue no matter who," you're just furthering the problem with the DNC (and why Trump should win, IMO). They need to listen to voters, and right now Biden (IMO) isn't.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #42267 on: August 25, 2019, 04:45:53 PM »

Is this a bit or your actual...being? The Tulsi posts, the weird "haha Warren stole xyz from Sanders" memes...the idea that the DNC has selected any candidate to win...I've been away for awhile so I just want to double check if this is ironic or are you actually dumb now.

Sanders is falling in most polls (as is Biden). Warren has been gaining in most polls. I'm no conspiracy theorist but it sure seems like the endgame certain people want is that Warren wins the nom, extremist Bernie bros cry foul and declare they will never vote for her...then Tulsi runs third party and they vote for her instead.
 :hitler

I don't think this is some massive threat to Warren. Nobody is being handed the nomination, most Bernie supporters seem to like Warren, Warren clearly has the support of the base to run a very active and engaged campaign, etc. I just find it very weird. People from Sanders' camp were attacking her a few weeks ago, and this week Susan Sarandon directly attacked Warren at a Sanders event...but this seems like a shortsighted and stupid strategy given how popular Warren is with younger voters, liberals, leftists, activists, etc. This isn't Hillary Clinton, and running that playbook isn't gonna work...

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #42268 on: August 25, 2019, 04:46:52 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:juicy

The great thing about this is that he's taking a shit on the US.

"Think it's doing so great"

Tasty

« Reply #42269 on: August 25, 2019, 04:47:42 PM »

Because if it's "vote blue no matter who," you're just furthering the problem with the DNC (and why Trump should win, IMO). They need to listen to voters, and right now Biden (IMO) isn't.

Yeah how about we not roll the dice on Trump getting four more years of nuke access.

thisismyusername

« Reply #42270 on: August 25, 2019, 04:49:07 PM »

Yeah how about we not roll the dice on Trump getting four more years of nuke access.

If we're going to have a dual of Sundowning Candidates, we lose either way. :trumps

Again: I don't see why you should support the DNC if they go Biden when it's literally "Red Trump vs Blue Trump" in that case.

If the DNC doesn't go Sanders, they need to go Warren. Warren is the only one after him that actually would listen to the progressive/"shit is fucked, yo" voters. Something the DNC needs if they want people to not be fucking apathetic toward the voting process.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #42271 on: August 25, 2019, 04:50:35 PM »
Red trump vs blue trump?

Lol

thisismyusername

« Reply #42272 on: August 25, 2019, 04:54:33 PM »
:rofl @ the idea of punishing the DNC for doing its job (selecting a candidate favorable to its donors).

And their donors are distinguished mentally-challenged, what is your point?

Voters: "Hey, shit is fucked. Maybe you should listen to the guy that seems to want to help us?"
DNC: Nah, #itsherturn
Trump: LOL WIN BITCHES
DNC: It's the pesky Russians, not the voters in rural states (narrator: that the DNC/Hillary didn't visit) that didn't want to vote for a woman that had numerous skeletons in her closet and didn't reassure them that their jobs that they're losing wasn't going to go anywhere. Let's do round 2 of not listening to them! Surely that won't go wrong!

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #42273 on: August 25, 2019, 04:54:49 PM »

Should be pretty clear that these people don't give a shit if Trump wins again, and likely prefer it over a "neoliberal" candidate winning because they'd rather be right than anything else. Even if that neoliberal dominated the primary process and was the defacto fair and square winner by millions of primary votes. You know, like in 2016. But as I said earlier, engaging people in this argument or anything relating to 2016 is a waste of time bro.

Sanders is falling in polls and we're just going to keep getting anger and resentment from certain types. But if I can provide a spoiler alert for future events: Biden isn't going to be the nominee either. He's falling in the polls and will look even worse now that the debates will no longer be split. He has limited staff on the ground in early states and the minute his invulnerability argument takes a hit, he's finished.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #42274 on: August 25, 2019, 04:56:52 PM »
Can someone explain how the DNC decided #itsherturn and gave Hillary the nominee. I thought, you know, she won the primary by 4 million votes in large part because Sanders had no path to victory. You can't win the democrat nomination without the south, which means you can't win the democrat nomination without black voters.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #42275 on: August 25, 2019, 05:10:41 PM »
Thought I opened by mistake the first page of this thread but alas...
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #42276 on: August 25, 2019, 05:17:15 PM »
In my view the biggest thing standing between a Democrat and the White House is the increasingly ridiculous media coverage.
CNN had a guy on that said Trump caused more millions of deaths than Hitler, Mao and Stalin combined.
On the other side you have Fox News airing segments about dear leader that North Korea would be ashamed to broadcast.

The news media has completely lost the plot and that's why Trump can continue his show and capitalize on the mass hysteria.
You may even start to see some apathy among voters because all the big stories like Mueller's bombshell result in fuck all.
And then the media starts to complain that the big thing they hyped up isn't as explosive as they expected.
🤴

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #42277 on: August 25, 2019, 05:32:01 PM »
you sure about the biden bust?
he had a sharp drop but that was after a big leap, otherwise, switch time to max and he is roughly the same now as at the start

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/2020_democratic_presidential_nomination-6730.html

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #42278 on: August 25, 2019, 05:34:04 PM »
Sanders won't get the nom but even if he did he would be wrecked by all the Hilldawgs hoping for revenge.
And Hillary would never endorse him. :lol
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #42279 on: August 25, 2019, 05:37:13 PM »
"We're 6 months from the first primary, it's a bit pointless to speculate... But X has it in the bag and Y will totally tank !"

:doge
ὕβρις

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #42280 on: August 25, 2019, 06:01:43 PM »
Can someone explain how the DNC decided #itsherturn and gave Hillary the nominee. I thought, you know, she won the primary by 4 million votes in large part because Sanders had no path to victory. You can't win the democrat nomination without the south, which means you can't win the democrat nomination without black voters.

Sandernistas have a very interesting view of electorialism where they say it's the correct path to realize the society they desire but also spend their time decrying how (obviously) corrupt and ineffectual it is.

2020s looking like a Biden nom in the bag. The dork managerial class types will go in for Warren, the Sandernistas will take their ball and go home, and he'll get butchered by Donnie in the general.

At this point it's more interesting to see who'll get 2024

Why is 2020 looking in the bag for Biden, what's the argument? I'd love to hear one. Because the logical response is that he has been losing ground in every poll, doesn't have an active campaign on the ground in any early state, hasn't had a single decent week of coverage since he entered the race, has yet to have a good debate performance, and will now be unable to mask it as the debate stage shrinks.

The only way someone takes the "well Biden it is, then" approach is if they view things entirely through a 2016 prism ("Oh, that's what the establishment wants so it's going to happen hurr durr.") There's an actual competitive race going on with multiple candidates who have attracted support. Nobody is waltzing to the nomination. If anyone is going to win, in my opinion...it's going to be Warren, who has the campaign infrastructure/base and is the only candidate consistently gaining support. She doesn't have as much money as Harris/Biden/Sanders/etc but she has enough to last, which is all that matters right now. 

shosta

« Reply #42281 on: August 25, 2019, 06:17:36 PM »
Esch, did you forget that the delegate allocation is proportional this year?
每天生气

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #42283 on: August 25, 2019, 07:20:24 PM »
He has the most consistent voting bloc (boomers who want nothing to change) in the bag. I think the other neolib candidates will drop out eventually, and their votes will be split between either Biden or the social democrat candidates. Bernie won't drop out because he's Bernie and then the left vote will remain split down to the wire. Biden squeaks out a win from there. Warren could win, I can see her picking up some of those votes from the others, but I'm a pessimist.

The candidates who can't raise money will drop after Iowa, if they last that long. That leaves us with Biden, Sanders, Warren, Pete, Harris, and Booker and perhaps Beto. No one else will have the money to continue, although I could perhaps see someone (Castro?) remaining regardless. That type of reduced field is going to make Biden's weaknesses more evident, and also benefit guys like Pete and perhaps Beto who I can imagine taking some disgruntled Biden supporters.

Biden's voting bloc also consists of a lot of black people too. The minute his status as front runner changes, he's going to lose that support. The black vote typically shifts to whoever the frontrunner is. If he loses Iowa for instance...which is possible based on where the polling is trending.

shosta

« Reply #42284 on: August 25, 2019, 07:25:18 PM »
and perhaps Beto
is this a subtle joke about how Beto will refuse to drop out?
每天生气

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #42285 on: August 25, 2019, 07:32:41 PM »
and perhaps Beto
is this a subtle joke about how Beto will refuse to drop out?

Nah, he just has a donor base and might try to last until Texas votes. He's gained virtually no traction after the El Paso shooting, no matter how many "passionate" speeches and twitter rants he gives. Gotta say I've been amazed at how poorly he's done, given how electable he seems (tall white dude with some charisma). Pete took all his momentum and never gave it back. Dunno why he seems to be running a national campaign instead of camping in Iowa and NH...

shosta

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| America: A Yum! Brands affiliate
« Reply #42286 on: August 25, 2019, 07:50:00 PM »
I was looking for a different post, but stumbled on this gem
Imagine trying to get him to say something sensitive about antisemitism in any other scenario, where he feels free to ad-lib. Absolute best case scenario he lies about how popular he is among American Jews, says this is why it's important to build the wall and keep Muslims out, and talks about his "many great friends among the Jews, just beautiful people, so great with money."
"king of jews'", "disloyal"... more points for Mandark
每天生气

kingv

« Reply #42287 on: August 25, 2019, 08:08:45 PM »
The worst thing imo about Biden is I think he opens the door for the Republican resurgence in 2022 and 2024.

In terms of politics he’ll basically be senile Bill Clinton. But Obama was black Bill Clinton, and plenty of people liked him ok for that... but Biden is not very charismatic and won’t come into office with any of the goodwill from the activist side of the Democratic Party that Obama did.

I just see him having an uneventful 4 years where nothing really improves for anybody and he never fights for anything worth a shit, and 4 years later some “shake things up” Republican weirdo like Kid Rock comes and beats him because 55% of America is tired of the same old shit.

My brain says Warren is the best choice from a pragmatic perspective. She kind of splits the baby between the Boomer set and the Bernie set. Liberal enough that many 2016 Bernie voters still are excited for her, but not actually Bernie so the Neo-PUMAS still support her.

shosta

« Reply #42288 on: August 25, 2019, 08:18:20 PM »
why the fuck didn't anyone tell me Tomi Lahren started a clothing brand for yoga pants with holsters

https://alexoathletica.com/
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

shosta

« Reply #42290 on: August 25, 2019, 09:17:50 PM »

Get his ass!!
每天生气

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #42291 on: August 25, 2019, 09:45:56 PM »
The worst thing imo about Biden is I think he opens the door for the Republican resurgence in 2022 and 2024.

In terms of politics he’ll basically be senile Bill Clinton. But Obama was black Bill Clinton, and plenty of people liked him ok for that... but Biden is not very charismatic and won’t come into office with any of the goodwill from the activist side of the Democratic Party that Obama did.

I just see him having an uneventful 4 years where nothing really improves for anybody and he never fights for anything worth a shit, and 4 years later some “shake things up” Republican weirdo like Kid Rock comes and beats him because 55% of America is tired of the same old shit.

My brain says Warren is the best choice from a pragmatic perspective. She kind of splits the baby between the Boomer set and the Bernie set. Liberal enough that many 2016 Bernie voters still are excited for her, but not actually Bernie so the Neo-PUMAS still support her.

My top 3 would be

1. Bernie 9.5/10
2. Warren 9.4/10
3. Booker 8 out of 10

Using an IGN videogame rating scale, random shit that matters in my head would give those 3 my top ratings out of 10. Warren is just as appealing as Bernie to me, I'd just prefer Bernie a lil more.

Comes down to how well someone can debate Trump, charismatically and in entertainment value. Bernie would most likely call him a disgusting human being in front of the entire country. That's entertainment that would be fantastic.

I'm voting regardless who gets crowned (will always vote demo, I wish for the worst regarding conservative people), I don't have confidence in Biden tho.

OH!

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #42292 on: August 25, 2019, 09:47:09 PM »
Diamond and Silk getting colleagues.

shosta

« Reply #42293 on: August 25, 2019, 09:50:43 PM »
Warren is dominating Nevada both in operations and grassroots support. I have no choice but to support the frontrunner, whoever that might be. Ultimately, however, the only person that can beat Donald Trump is Tom Steyer.
每天生气

Tasty

« Reply #42294 on: August 25, 2019, 09:56:29 PM »
Warren groundswell  :jeb

filler RIP :juche

Tripon

« Reply #42295 on: August 25, 2019, 10:12:35 PM »
Biden's still the front runner, but I'm more worried if he's really is in early on dementia and sundowning instead of bombing in the polls. I really hope he's health and of sound mind, and if he's not, then his campaign has the good sense of pulling the plug. But I also doubt that because recent history has shown you can win with a candidate that has diminished capacities from his prime because whatever internal script his mind can process is good enough to convince people that they can take a chance on him.

Tripon

« Reply #42296 on: August 25, 2019, 10:26:11 PM »
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1165693321009868805

BTW, the Hill's transformation of a right/conservative publication (especially in its OP-ED section, they ran a series of anti-Gulenists op-ed, including https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/foreign-policy/305021-our-ally-turkey-is-in-crisis-and-needs-our-support Michael Flynn's Op-Ed basically begging the US to capture and send Gulen to Turkey because reasons.) to a publication that is offering more progressive insight is a surprising turn. I don't know if this is a legitimate change, or they're just chasing what the story currently is and in six months, return to its hawkish, conservative roots.

agrajag

« Reply #42297 on: August 25, 2019, 11:36:27 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Get his ass!!

it looks like he has a BYC (big yellow cock)

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #42298 on: August 26, 2019, 12:01:32 AM »
To be fair republicans will have a resurgence regardless of who wins in 2020. We're staring a recession down...does anyone honestly think President Warren is going to raise taxes during one? We're going to see a replay of 2009 - not in terms of recession severity but in terms of a new president passing a stimulus to spur the economy while republicans go insane.

My question: will democrats get rid of the filibuster? Without doing that there is no hope of getting anything of value done. Even the most rosy of scenarios would leave democrats with what, 51-53 senate seats on January 20th, 2021? And of course eliminating the filibuster would put all of the gains in peril in a few years when another republican sweeps into office promising to MAGA,

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #42299 on: August 26, 2019, 12:12:38 AM »
Whenever someone talks about "the DNC" picking a nominee I get really curious how they think this all works.