Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5441542 times)

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Himu

Re: US Politics Thread |OT| #gopsucks
« Reply #51061 on: February 04, 2020, 09:02:43 AM »
FUCK CAUCUSES

IM SO TIRED OF THIS FUCKING COUNTRY
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #51062 on: February 04, 2020, 09:04:09 AM »
Am I hearing this correctly?

The entirety of the "app" is actually JUST an app? It's doesn't have backbone service running somewhere?

Himu

« Reply #51063 on: February 04, 2020, 09:10:44 AM »
BAN MOTHER FUCKER CAUCUSES.

I SWEAR TO FUCK
IYKYK

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #51064 on: February 04, 2020, 09:11:07 AM »
We have the wait until tomorrow for the final results? Screw caucuses! :rage

I wish they had a primary, where we'd have to wait until the next day to see results! :rage
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #51065 on: February 04, 2020, 09:16:00 AM »
We have the wait until tomorrow for the final results? Screw caucuses! :rage

I wish they had a primary, where we'd have to wait until the next day to see results! :rage

Holy fuck did you not read that people are getting mixed results and unable to do final math? What is WRONG with you?

I cannot stand how every post you and others make is some sarcastic mother fucking shit.
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #51066 on: February 04, 2020, 09:18:24 AM »
What is WRONG with you?
We've all been working very hard to figure this out
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

Re: US Politics Thread |OT| #iowasucks
« Reply #51067 on: February 04, 2020, 09:22:34 AM »
 I just want to cash out my .50 cents of stonks.

:(

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #51068 on: February 04, 2020, 09:27:08 AM »
Matt Blaze, a professor of computer science and law at Georgetown, said that introducing apps in the midst of an election posed many problems. Any type of app or program that relies on using a cellphone network to deliver results is vulnerable to problems both on the app and on the phones being used to run it, he said.

Imagine saying this in 2020 when banks, stock markets, era activism, and trillions of dollars get transferred without people losing their shit.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #51069 on: February 04, 2020, 09:27:47 AM »
So is the problem with the app that Bernie won, or something else?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #51070 on: February 04, 2020, 09:27:52 AM »
I am calling on president Trump to nuke Iowa
:O

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #51071 on: February 04, 2020, 09:47:52 AM »
Biden Mod Captains, help!

©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

shosta

« Reply #51073 on: February 04, 2020, 09:51:56 AM »
:drudge we have a statement
Last night, more than 1,600 precinct caucuses gathered across the state of Iowa and at satellite caucuses around the world to demonstrate our shared values and goal of taking back the White House. The many volunteers running caucus sites, new voters registering as Democrats, and neighbors talking to each other about the future of our country demonstrated the strength of our party.

We have every indication that our systems were secure and there was not a cyber security intrusion. In preparation for the caucuses, our systems were tested by independent cybersecurity consultants.

As precinct caucus results started coming in, the IDP ran them through an accuracy and quality check. It became clear that there were inconsistencies with the reports. The underlying cause of these inconsistencies was not immediately clear, and required investigation, which took time.

As this investigation unfolded, IDP staff activated pre-planned backup measures and entered data manually. This took longer than expected.

As part of our investigation, we determined with certainty that the underlying data collected via the app was sound. While the app was recording data accurately, it was reporting out only partial data. We have determined that this was due to a coding issue in the reporting system. This issue was identified and fixed. The application’s reporting issue did not impact the ability of precinct chairs to report data accurately.

Because of the required paper documentation, we have been able to verify that the data recorded in the app and used to calculate State Delegate Equivalents is valid and accurate. Precinct level results are still being reported to the IDP.  While our plan is to release results as soon as possible today, our ultimate goal is to ensure that the integrity and accuracy of the process continues to be upheld.
每天生气

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #51074 on: February 04, 2020, 09:52:58 AM »
I’m trying not to be too cynical about this election already but when the Democrats beef this one, can we finally disband this shitty party? Nobody and I repeat -NOBODY- has liked it in decades. Put the bitch out of its misery and come up with a replacement. I’ve basically voted straight dem my entire life but I’d be appalled if someone ever called me a Democrat.
serge

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #51075 on: February 04, 2020, 09:54:17 AM »
Real talk tho, if our Democracy survived Bush v Gore, I think we’ll survive this too.
©@©™

TVC15

« Reply #51076 on: February 04, 2020, 09:55:25 AM »
If they’re worried about losing that oh-so-precious “Democrat” branding, they can pick something people actually like for the name, like The Bachelorette Party or something.
serge

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #51077 on: February 04, 2020, 09:55:41 AM »
:drudge we have a statement
Last night, more than 1,600 precinct caucuses gathered across the state of Iowa and at satellite caucuses around the world to demonstrate our shared values and goal of taking back the White House. The many volunteers running caucus sites, new voters registering as Democrats, and neighbors talking to each other about the future of our country demonstrated the strength of our party.

We have every indication that our systems were secure and there was not a cyber security intrusion. In preparation for the caucuses, our systems were tested by independent cybersecurity consultants.

As precinct caucus results started coming in, the IDP ran them through an accuracy and quality check. It became clear that there were inconsistencies with the reports. The underlying cause of these inconsistencies was not immediately clear, and required investigation, which took time.

As this investigation unfolded, IDP staff activated pre-planned backup measures and entered data manually. This took longer than expected.

As part of our investigation, we determined with certainty that the underlying data collected via the app was sound. While the app was recording data accurately, it was reporting out only partial data. We have determined that this was due to a coding issue in the reporting system. This issue was identified and fixed. The application’s reporting issue did not impact the ability of precinct chairs to report data accurately.

Because of the required paper documentation, we have been able to verify that the data recorded in the app and used to calculate State Delegate Equivalents is valid and accurate. Precinct level results are still being reported to the IDP.  While our plan is to release results as soon as possible today, our ultimate goal is to ensure that the integrity and accuracy of the process continues to be upheld.

This shit sounds like the very first responses Hillary gave about email bleaching.

--

How the fuck does this square?

We have every indication that our systems were secure and there was not a cyber security intrusion.

While the app was recording data accurately, it was reporting out only partial data. We have determined that this was due to a coding issue in the reporting system. This issue was identified and fixed. The application’s reporting issue did not impact the ability of precinct chairs to report data accurately.

:doge

Also, is the "APP" really the only way they had to interface for data entry?

shosta

« Reply #51078 on: February 04, 2020, 10:02:22 AM »
You probably need an app for the preference ballot.
每天生气

TVC15

« Reply #51079 on: February 04, 2020, 10:04:15 AM »
Anyway, I’m loving this because I’m already cynical about the election and this guarantees a spicy news day that will make work go by fast which is nice because I failed to sleep last night
serge

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #51081 on: February 04, 2020, 10:17:35 AM »
FUCK CAUCUSES

Bernie did way way better in caucuses than in primaries in 2016.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #51082 on: February 04, 2020, 10:24:13 AM »
FUCK CAUCUSES

Bernie did way way better in caucuses than in primaries in 2016.

How much of that has to do with where most of them took place (in west, midwest, mountain, New England states)?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #51083 on: February 04, 2020, 10:28:30 AM »
Washington state and Nebraska each had caucuses as well as (non-binding) primaries. He won the caucuses and lost the primaries in both states.

Himu

« Reply #51084 on: February 04, 2020, 10:30:21 AM »
Anyway, I’m loving this because I’m already cynical about the election and this guarantees a spicy news day that will make work go by fast which is nice because I failed to sleep last night

Between the impeachment, the state of the union, and now this I'm honestly just tired of the drama.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #51085 on: February 04, 2020, 10:43:33 AM »
Imagine if hillary & co  is still interfering with the 2020 elections.

Himu

IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #51088 on: February 04, 2020, 11:08:02 AM »
Imagine if hillary & co  is still interfering with the 2020 elections.

I wonder if the DNC even bothered to fix their cybersecurity after 2016. They clearly aren’t taking this election seriously. They probably think complaining about the Russians publicly was all they needed to do and they’re all good now.
serge

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #51089 on: February 04, 2020, 11:12:13 AM »
All that shuffling reminds me of the distributed owner ship of era llc.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #51090 on: February 04, 2020, 11:46:13 AM »
What is WRONG with you?
We've all been working very hard to figure this out
Well, we've not ALL been working very hard...

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #51091 on: February 04, 2020, 11:47:00 AM »
They only had access to the apps a day before.

:snoop

benjipwns

« Reply #51092 on: February 04, 2020, 11:49:58 AM »
FUCK CAUCUSES

I SWEAR TO FUCK
Only Iowa, Nevada and American Samoa still use caucuses as of this cycle. Iowa's may be dead after this and 2012.

That said, the caucus itself process didn't cause this. (Not even the Democrats viability standards.) A brand new reporting system with known problems that shockingly failed did. The Republicans did their caucus just fine in 2016 and this year. They didn't make anyone do any math. Just count the written "straw poll" ballots and do the county convention delegate selection.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #51093 on: February 04, 2020, 11:53:00 AM »
Real talk tho, if our Democracy survived Bush v Gore, I think we’ll survive this too.

Sometimes I forget how crusty you guys are, gramps

benjipwns

« Reply #51094 on: February 04, 2020, 11:59:01 AM »
I’m going to say that right now, realistically, there’s like a 75% chance the Democrats manage to not nominate anyone in time for the election.
This is what the Convention is designed to prevent.

Occam

« Reply #51095 on: February 04, 2020, 12:03:08 PM »

Spoiler: It didn't. That was the beginning of the end. The finale was televised on 31 January 2020.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #51096 on: February 04, 2020, 12:10:20 PM »
It's time to privatize the election process. I'm sure there is a division within Halliburton or Diebold that can help facilitate this.

TVC15

« Reply #51097 on: February 04, 2020, 12:14:37 PM »
It's time to privatize the election process. I'm sure there is a division within Halliburton or Diebold that can help facilitate this.

I’ll do the dems proud and put in a low bid to build our national voting web app with Flash.
serge

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #51098 on: February 04, 2020, 12:19:50 PM »
David Plouffe: Well now, we gotta see who can make the jump from 10/12/22 % to 48% or more, and THAT person will be the nominee.

Brilliant!

benjipwns

« Reply #51099 on: February 04, 2020, 12:21:07 PM »
Quick, get the app to New Hampshire!

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #51100 on: February 04, 2020, 12:28:33 PM »
I hate that rat bastard so fucking much

I'll take Biden over that smarmy little spook

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #51101 on: February 04, 2020, 12:32:47 PM »

I’ll do the dems proud and put in a low bid to build our national voting web app with Flash.

https://himuro-plinko.firebaseapp.com/

Just rename a few options, and you're good to go. You don't even have to replace Gay or Jewish.
©@©™

« Reply #51102 on: February 04, 2020, 12:34:12 PM »
FUCK CAUCUSES

I SWEAR TO FUCK
Only Iowa, Nevada and American Samoa still use caucuses as of this cycle. Iowa's may be dead after this and 2012.

That said, the caucus itself process didn't cause this. (Not even the Democrats viability standards.) A brand new reporting system with known problems that shockingly failed did. The Republicans did their caucus just fine in 2016 and this year. They didn't make anyone do any math. Just count the written "straw poll" ballots and do the county convention delegate selection.

Fuck caucuses. They're a symbol of privilege and disenfranchisement.

With that said, it sounds like some developers built an app from a list of targets given to them by stakeholders and assumed that it worked just fine and never bothered to test it with real people who aren't developers.

This is why user experience is sometimes a good thing.
野球

benjipwns

« Reply #51103 on: February 04, 2020, 12:38:19 PM »
The Iowa Democratic Party told the 2020 presidential campaigns that it plans to release a portion of the caucus results at 5 p.m. Eastern time.
:stahp

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #51104 on: February 04, 2020, 12:39:03 PM »
could u keep those conspiracy tweets out of the fucking thread, thanks

The conspiracy of a company claiming no relationship?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #51105 on: February 04, 2020, 12:41:29 PM »
The Iowa Democratic Party told the 2020 presidential campaigns that it plans to release a portion of the caucus results at 5 p.m. Eastern time.

©@©™

Trurl

« Reply #51106 on: February 04, 2020, 12:42:30 PM »
Is Biden complaining about a fuck up as a way to drag this out and minimize the effect of his loss?  Is that what's happening?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #51107 on: February 04, 2020, 12:45:41 PM »
Per CNN just now, Biden campaign reportedly mulling seeking court injunction to halt this afternoon’s partial release of Iowa results

:yeshrug

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

TVC15

« Reply #51109 on: February 04, 2020, 01:01:08 PM »

Haha, this shit is funnier than Gallagher!

This whole ordeal, it’s like getting to see the Three Stooges on a rare bad night where a rogue eye poke from Moe inadvertently lobotomized a Curly.
serge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #51110 on: February 04, 2020, 01:06:29 PM »
Nevada should consider TikTok.
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #51111 on: February 04, 2020, 01:12:24 PM »
That whole thing can’t be that hard. Here, I solved the dems problem. Please pay me my consultant fee.
https://www.strawpoll.me/19346451

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #51112 on: February 04, 2020, 01:16:40 PM »
When asked about pete's speech last night:

Quote from: King Bernie
I don't know how anyone declares victory without any official count

:mynicca

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #51113 on: February 04, 2020, 01:22:10 PM »
If the results are accurate does it really matter of they are incomplete? Isn't results being incrementally updated as they come in how pretty much standard in election vote reporting?

Can't imagine what legal argument Biden's team is "mulling over".

TVC15

« Reply #51114 on: February 04, 2020, 01:25:15 PM »
Because they honestly probably don’t have accurate results and they’re trying to figure out the best lie.
serge

Tuckers Law

« Reply #51115 on: February 04, 2020, 01:26:16 PM »
I imagine a lot of it is Biden is so out of touch that he couldn’t ever believe their internal numbers showing how sick of the establishment’s shit that the electorate at large is now.  I.e. the principal skinner argument.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #51116 on: February 04, 2020, 01:27:42 PM »
Probably the rounding/splitting of whole number delegates thing is what they're trying to figure out.

Also, most likely the reason weaver is out there give three point decimal counts.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #51117 on: February 04, 2020, 01:29:42 PM »
There's a debate on Friday. That's gonna be a fun one. :punch
Hi

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #51118 on: February 04, 2020, 01:29:45 PM »
I see you guys are still trying to figure out how to count votes. Cute.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #51119 on: February 04, 2020, 01:36:11 PM »
ὕβρις