Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5451466 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| #putbloombergintheegg
« Reply #54780 on: March 02, 2020, 06:48:37 PM »
Nah fuck that, they didn’t learn their lesson in 2016.  I’ll vote down ticket in the event that Biden gets the nom but I won’t vote for him.

:jawalrus :mynicca

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #54781 on: March 02, 2020, 06:53:02 PM »
He'll dump pence and choose Sanders as his vp

... lol now that’s what I call 4D chess

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #54782 on: March 02, 2020, 06:54:42 PM »
Nah fuck that, they didn’t learn their lesson in 2016.  I’ll vote down ticket in the event that Biden gets the nom but I won’t vote for him.

Who didn't learn what lesson?

If Biden wins the nomination it can only be because he amassed enough votes. "The DNC" isn't pulling levers in the voting booth for anyone.

If voters in the Democratic primary really favor Joe Biden, you're going to help Trump by not voting against him?

Yes and hopefully it completely destroys the Democratic Party

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #54783 on: March 02, 2020, 07:02:05 PM »
Chris Matthews retiring before the commie takes over.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #54784 on: March 02, 2020, 07:02:18 PM »
Joe Biden is losing his mind. Hilary was a shit choice, it’s why she lost. If the leadership and voters of this party keep sending shit candidates against Trump, it needs a major revamp.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #54785 on: March 02, 2020, 07:04:54 PM »
https://twitter.com/WardDPatrick/status/1234630556777771008

Mini Mike doing a town hall doesn't seem like he's going to drop out.
🤴

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #54786 on: March 02, 2020, 07:06:00 PM »
Moderate Republican thinks he can pull in moderate Republicans, I don’t know...

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #54787 on: March 02, 2020, 07:07:59 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_Days but instead of anarchists and commies at eachothers throats giving the nationalists a free pass to win it's the centrists and twitter ideologues
◕‿◕

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #54788 on: March 02, 2020, 07:10:01 PM »
Moderate Republican thinks he can pull in moderate Republicans, I don’t know...
Well Democrats won't vote for him so he needs a base.
🤴

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #54789 on: March 02, 2020, 07:13:48 PM »

Who didn't learn what lesson?

If Biden wins the nomination it can only be because he amassed enough votes. "The DNC" isn't pulling levers in the voting booth for anyone.

If voters in the Democratic primary really favor Joe Biden, you're going to help Trump by not voting against him?

Then they win 4 more years of trump, why should I save them from their stupid decisions.  Biden will crash and burn against trump, I don’t know that Bernie is a lock but I can’t think of anyone jumping at the chance to vote for Biden.  The DNC has made it clear that they have a preference and are absolutely putting their thumb on the scale this primary season, as is their right, but I don’t have to like it and I don’t have vote for him.  I have no faith that an establishment Democratic candidate has the ability or the desire to fix the biggest problems we face today and I’m sure I’m not alone in that regard.  I voted for Hillary in 2016 and I didn’t feel like she was a bad choice, her record was decent and her experience was very good.  But Biden’s record is garbage and he’s long past his expiration date.  I’d almost rather they lost to Trump twice and implode so maybe a better party rises from its ashes.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #54791 on: March 02, 2020, 07:18:05 PM »
I still believe that most people in the party aren’t stupid enough to send Biden in to fail, but we’ll see. If they do and he does, well isn’t AOC eligible in 2024? I think that she heads up the Bernie mantle and tries to save the Democratic Party from the status quo capitalism first shit

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #54792 on: March 02, 2020, 07:23:16 PM »
in lieu of 'murca changing the political system completely into something akin to MMP which is never going to happen, your best option is to vote with your heart for your party nominee and vote for the lesser evil in the general. might seem correct to uphold your ideals via non vote, but i can't think of a real life situation where mass voter abstention has led to positive change. imo, you're just fucking yourselves and further consolidating power in the right wing.
◕‿◕

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #54794 on: March 02, 2020, 07:30:41 PM »
The DNC hasn't made anything clear btw. Has Tom Perez made a single public statement this year besides the fact that Iowa was a clusterfuck?

There's no indication that the Democratic National Committee has any kind of internal preference, certainly not one that's guiding their actions.

Pete and Amy clearly did have their own preferences as individuals, but what evidence is there that anyone is pulling strings behind the scenes? No one can force a sitting US Senator to drop out if she doesn't want to.

That’s stupid, you’re stupid. Has the DNC made a statement of preference? No. Is there any reason for them to drop out right before Super Tuesday other than try to prevent Bernie from getting the nom? Absolutely not
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:35:58 PM by CatsCatsCats »

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #54795 on: March 02, 2020, 07:32:28 PM »
Lol, you can’t be that naive.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #54796 on: March 02, 2020, 07:33:27 PM »
He’s just a neo lib troll, fret not

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #54797 on: March 02, 2020, 07:40:45 PM »
What I’m saying is that’s a stupid thing to say without exploring why

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #54798 on: March 02, 2020, 07:41:43 PM »
I’m from Illinois so my vote doesn’t matter in the GE, but I absolutely do not envy those of you who may have to choose between Biden and Trump in November
Don't worry, I'll be fine.

Once I get over Amy... *sniff*... you never forget your first. *sniff*

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #54799 on: March 02, 2020, 07:50:32 PM »
Biden totally bought pete.

"the exposure he'll get to this country"

This shit is straight up a pete endorsement.

#dropoutbiden

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #54800 on: March 02, 2020, 08:00:24 PM »
for months people have been whining and saying everyone they don't like should drop out. you got your wish and you still bitching. :lol

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #54801 on: March 02, 2020, 08:03:13 PM »
Chris Matthews retiring before the commie takes over.

(Late but fuck it)

🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀
MSNBC IS DYING

https://twitter.com/VicMRodriguez/status/1234636342270873600

🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀

Maddow next? (Please god, but not before Bernie is elected so I can get her tears like when Trump won)

benjipwns

« Reply #54802 on: March 02, 2020, 08:04:20 PM »
So now they'll let Tulsi back in the debates right?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #54803 on: March 02, 2020, 08:05:32 PM »
the only lifelong democrat and poc left in the race :jeb

dnc is racist if mommy tulsi doesn't get in :karen

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #54804 on: March 02, 2020, 08:05:35 PM »
I like how chris hayes didn't say shit about matthews. :lol

« Reply #54805 on: March 02, 2020, 08:07:48 PM »
Why are centrist candidates who have no chance of winning dropping out instead of helping Bernie?!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #54806 on: March 02, 2020, 08:08:30 PM »
where's the steyer endorsement for real though :maf

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #54807 on: March 02, 2020, 08:08:38 PM »
a leopard never changes its spots

Himu

« Reply #54808 on: March 02, 2020, 08:17:10 PM »
Guys think positive, donate, volunteer. And if all else fails prepare your exit from America like me :klob
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #54810 on: March 02, 2020, 08:18:50 PM »
Fox is hilarious, the DNC is RIGGING IT with a CORRUPT COUP against BERNIE, who is a COMMUNIST, who took his BRIDE to the SOVIET UNION and wants to replace the FOURTH OF JULY with MAY DAY

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #54811 on: March 02, 2020, 08:24:57 PM »
It's sad the DNC is already trying to position pete for his presidency and doesn't give a fuck at turd bucket running up the board to win reelection.

pathetic.

benjipwns

« Reply #54812 on: March 02, 2020, 08:26:38 PM »
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/story/2020-03-02/vote-joe-biden-to-unite-america
On Feb. 20, The San Diego Union-Tribune Editorial Board was the first in the nation to endorse former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg in the 2020 presidential election. The next week, three others — at The (South Carolina) State, El Paso Times and Orlando Sentinel — did as well. Then Sunday night, Buttigieg exited the race, saying his path to victory had closed after he failed to match strong Iowa and New Hampshire showings in either Nevada or South Carolina.

Buttigieg’s eloquent exit sent a clear message to Democrats that it’s time for the party to coalesce behind a leader who can win the White House just as his campaign sent a clear message that it’s time for America to have an improved global standing, an economy that works for everyone and just basic integrity. His name remains on the California ballot, but voting for him now would be a wasted vote.

With California and 14 other states and territories set to vote on Tuesday — and more than a third of the delegates in the Democratic nomination at stake — our board was left in the unusual position of deciding whether to recommend Californians choose another candidate at this late stage — whether to make a second recommendation in the 2020 Democratic campaign when some boards aren’t making any.

Just last week, The Arizona Republic announced it would not issue endorsements in any race, in part because “more and more of today’s readers see candidate endorsements as an intrusion on the electoral process.” The decision followed similar ones last month by the Concord (New Hampshire) Monitor and The Dallas Morning News, which also stopped making endorsements.

In our view, this year’s presidential campaign was too important not to offer our insights.
Our hope is that they spark conversations about what society values in public servants and public service. That’s why our Buttigieg endorsement was so long that it took up a full page in the newspaper.

So should we recommend another candidate in the 2020 presidential race now? The answer is yes.
We praised Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar highly in our endorsement but then saw her perform worse than Buttigieg and Warren in Nevada and South Carolina. A day after Buttigieg quit the race, Klobuchar ended her campaign and endorsed Biden.

That’s because Biden has been ascendant. He’s coming off his finest week in three presidential campaigns dating to 1988. He finished second — admittedly by a lot — to Sanders in Nevada, had his best debate of the campaign, then won South Carolina by a wider margin than he’d lost Nevada. His victory came days after an endorsement by the state’s popular U.S. Rep. James Clyburn and Clyburn’s criticism that Biden needed to “overhaul” a campaign that had been lackluster.

It’s partly because Clyburn’s endorsement made such a difference that we offer a new suggestion ourselves. Here is our logic:

1) Our concerns about Bloomberg and Sanders are unchanged.

2) While we’re impressed with Warren’s intellect and debate prowess and have no doubt she would skewer Trump on stage as she did Bloomberg, we are skeptical of both her path to victory and her call for an end to private health insurance, which many Americans seem fearful of abandoning at this moment.

3) A vote for Biden is the most tactical vote against Trump.
What’s certain is Sanders supporters won’t be deterred. They feel this is their moment after their candidate came so close in 2016 and after he has rallied big crowds during this election cycle. Supporters of other candidates are just as passionate. That’s great. That’s democracy in action.

Our suggestion then is aimed at undecided voters who control the fate of the Democratic Party and the nation.

iden showed in South Carolina he can unify the party’s moderate wing and appeal to African American voters to build a coalition, just as Sanders motivated Latinos in Nevada. But Biden’s eight years working with Barack Obama will give him credibility with many voters, including African Americans. And as both vice president and a U.S. senator for 36 years, Biden laps the field in foreign policy experience. There’s little question he can go toe to toe with Trump in the general election. There’s less question he’d have more credibility handling crises like the coronavirus outbreak or a tumbling stock market than Trump, whose habit of twisting the truth and pointing fingers cuts against him when Americans just want facts and reassurances.

Biden’s speaking gaffes and old-school politics and behavior may continue making some people nervous about his candidacy, but he hasn’t had a recent heart attack or refused to release medical records like Sanders, and when Biden needed it most — after his impressive South Carolina win — his speech was stellar.

He sounded at ease. He invoked unity, strength and a comeback mentality that should appeal to many Americans, including California voters who haven’t decided who to vote for yet. “All those of you who have been knocked down, counted out, left behind, this is your campaign,” he said.

It was one night, one speech. But it was formidable.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| NO ONE 2020
« Reply #54813 on: March 02, 2020, 08:28:11 PM »
me last year:

we're getting biden

there's zero enthusiasm for biden

biden is 100% not going to be the nominee

:miyamoto

also:

I'm actually quite happy my meanest man Buttigieg is polling low.

Let them underestimate you. Then you win.

:rejoice

:pimp

:awesome

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #54814 on: March 02, 2020, 08:36:39 PM »
SUCK MY BERNIE BRO COCK YOU ANCIENT CENTRIST HAG
:O

benjipwns

« Reply #54815 on: March 02, 2020, 08:42:14 PM »
All the great center-left hopes coming home to Uncle Joe. Kamala next?

Himu

« Reply #54816 on: March 02, 2020, 08:42:42 PM »
Fox going all "DEMOCRATS ARE STEALING THE NOM FROM BERNIE" after going on and on about comrade Bernie is :dead to me
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #54817 on: March 02, 2020, 08:47:26 PM »
TRISH REGAN did a whole segment about the SHADY TIMING of these drop-outs.

They've been on the DNC RIGGING IT AGAINST BERNIE train for a month or so now. Tucker and The Dobbs were out front of it yet again, now Hannity and co. are coming around.

:dobbs

Himu

« Reply #54818 on: March 02, 2020, 08:47:36 PM »
You know what. Esch and Shosta have the right idea. This society is so banal and lacking values you might as clown it to distance yourself instead  :dead :jayz

ESCH POST :JAYZ
IYKYK

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #54819 on: March 02, 2020, 08:53:31 PM »
I have a right to be happy no matter how bad things are :idont
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #54820 on: March 02, 2020, 09:00:41 PM »
I getchu :obama

Sorry I said harsh words the other day
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #54821 on: March 02, 2020, 09:04:40 PM »
I'll vote for joe if I can get a malarkey mug. Make it happen
I'm definitely buying one of these by the end of the cycle. As a memento, from the most cursed election ever.
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #54822 on: March 02, 2020, 09:07:14 PM »
:dead :dead :dead at Chris Matthews' forced retirement, no doubt mostly because of the Daily Show montage. Finally post Stewart TDS has done something worthwhile :rejoice

link?

Himu

« Reply #54823 on: March 02, 2020, 09:09:59 PM »
:dead :dead :dead at Chris Matthews' forced retirement, no doubt mostly because of the Daily Show montage. Finally post Stewart TDS has done something worthwhile :rejoice

and Sanders getting ANOTHER person fired! :neogaf
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #54824 on: March 02, 2020, 09:11:17 PM »
TRISH REGAN did a whole segment about the SHADY TIMING of these drop-outs.

They've been on the DNC RIGGING IT AGAINST BERNIE train for a month or so now. Tucker and The Dobbs were out front of it yet again, now Hannity and co. are coming around.

:dobbs
tuck about to go full bernardo hermano now  :rejoice

Himu

« Reply #54825 on: March 02, 2020, 09:11:45 PM »
:sabu

Chuck Todd next :sabu
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #54827 on: March 02, 2020, 09:12:36 PM »
tuck about to go full bernardo hermano now  :rejoice
tucker compared bernie to daddy trump just recently. he's on the train.

benjipwns

« Reply #54828 on: March 02, 2020, 09:14:57 PM »
Tucker and The Dobbs have the least concerns about COMRADE BERNIE'S SOCIALISM and seem to like borderline trolling when possible, Hannity is overly serious and thinks it's the MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION DEBATE EVER, Trish Regan is newer to me but seems to lean towards the Hannity side

I get the impression that Tucker is closer to me in assuming anything we may dislike about Bernie is going to get DC'd to death anyway, especially if the GOP holds a house of Congress, while he can be a foreign policy positive since Congress and everyone has given up trying to restrain the executive branch. Or it might cause Congress to get back to their job on that front. (lol ya rite, if Trump hasn't)

Himu

« Reply #54829 on: March 02, 2020, 09:17:55 PM »
It's dawned on me that democrats really think Biden can beat Trump. It has me so :confused
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #54830 on: March 02, 2020, 09:20:14 PM »
Tucker and The Dobbs have the least concerns about COMRADE BERNIE'S SOCIALISM and seem to like borderline trolling when possible, Hannity is overly serious and thinks it's the MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION DEBATE EVER, Trish Regan is newer to me but seems to lean towards the Hannity side

I get the impression that Tucker is closer to me in assuming anything we may dislike about Bernie is going to get DC'd to death anyway, especially if the GOP holds a house of Congress, while he can be a foreign policy positive since Congress and everyone has given up trying to restrain the executive branch. Or it might cause Congress to get back to their job on that front. (lol ya rite, if Trump hasn't)

This man will destroy us!

But also, we need to be sympathetic to him. How dare the democrats try to destroy a socialist like this?

:dead It's probably the peak of conservative double speak for me and actually makes me laugh out loud
IYKYK

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #54831 on: March 02, 2020, 09:21:00 PM »
Biden somehow convinced people that he's Biden's pre 2017 instead of current era Biden where he has trouble forming words and thoughts.

shosta

« Reply #54832 on: March 02, 2020, 09:22:51 PM »
I've only used shosta's account a few times, and each time it was for a pre-arranged gag that we discussed ahead of time, though I sometimes went further than shosta had perhaps envisioned.
sometimes i just ask for realism. you can't have a hard-on if you're passed out drunk. it's just not physiologically possible.
每天生气

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #54833 on: March 02, 2020, 09:22:54 PM »
Biden will lose if he’s the nom, hog bet

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #54834 on: March 02, 2020, 09:23:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1234649116807979009

Man, Joe Biden still hates Hunter Biden for not being a robot.   :lol

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #54835 on: March 02, 2020, 09:27:16 PM »
Oh, is Mandark the cowardly in on the pass swapping too or whAT?

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #54836 on: March 02, 2020, 09:27:35 PM »
Oh, is Mandark the cowardly in on the pass swapping too or what!?

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #54837 on: March 02, 2020, 09:28:21 PM »
Lol you see what I did there right?

I’m “going to see tim and Eric” high rn

Seacrest, out

Trurl

« Reply #54838 on: March 02, 2020, 09:30:04 PM »
I've only used shosta's account a few times, and each time it was for a pre-arranged gag that we discussed ahead of time, though I sometimes went further than shosta had perhaps envisioned.

Anyway, about a week ago, Bernie was around 60c on Predictit, and Biden had fallen to around 16.

Biden got to 24c on the heels of some strong polls leading up to SC. Rose to 28c the evening after SC, then fell back to the 24 range. Rose to 33-34c when Butt dropped out.

Currently on Predictit, you can get Bernie D Nom shares for 46c, Biden for 42.

I'm getting nervous, friends.
I've lost enough hope that I'm not nervous so much as depressed.  The one hope is that people might hate the media and establishment enough that the night of a thousand endorsements might work in an opposite way or at least much weaker way than intended.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #54839 on: March 02, 2020, 09:35:26 PM »
Speaking of Carlson, currently going in on Biden for being a credit card company lackey and a highlight reel of Biden gaffes.

Now a debate between him and a former Clinton advisor about whether Biden or Trump is more senile

Coronavirus discussion somehow morphed into west coast public defecation discussion and apparently Bernard tried to board the wrong plane
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 10:18:29 PM by OnlyRegret »