Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5434717 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Weekly Trump Scandal Hot Takes
« Reply #6122 on: May 22, 2017, 08:30:44 PM »
When will we get to the bottom of the real scandal: the murder of Seth Rich, amirite???
yar

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #6123 on: May 22, 2017, 08:41:46 PM »
https://mississippitoday.org/2017/05/21/rep-karl-oliver-those-removing-confederate-monuments-should-be-lynched/
A state representative from Winona who urged in a weekend Facebook post that those who support the removal of Confederate monuments be lynched has apologized.

Rep. Karl Oliver, R-Winona, wrote: “The destruction of these monuments, erected in the loving memory of our family and fellow Southern Americans, is both heinous and horrific. If the, and I use this term extremely loosely, “leadership” of Louisiana wishes to, in a Nazi-ish fashion, burn books or destroy historical monuments of OUR HISTORY, they should be LYNCHED! Let it be known, I will do all in my power to prevent this from happening in our State.”

Oliver emailed a statement late Monday morning saying “I deeply regret that i chose this word.”
bad choice of words, we should save the lynchings for seth rich's murderers may he rest in piece

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #6124 on: May 22, 2017, 09:05:02 PM »
benji, can you just for a moment stop trawling for local stories about irrelevant, fringe figures? It's obvious that this guy's rant isn't representative of anything other than his own idiotic...

Two state representatives, John Read, R-Gautier, and Doug McLeod, R-Lucedale, liked the Facebook post.

Carry on, then.

benjipwns

« Reply #6125 on: May 22, 2017, 10:01:24 PM »
When Clarence Thomas is like, "nah bruh, that's fucked up" you know shit is not right.
Alito pulls out the big guns:
A precedent of this Court should not be treated like a disposable household item—say, a paper plate or napkin—to be used once and then tossed in the trash. But that is what the Court does today in its decision regarding North Carolina’s 12th Congressional District: The Court junks a rule adopted in a prior, remarkably similar challenge to this very same congressional district.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6126 on: May 22, 2017, 10:38:39 PM »
Things of that nature.
©@©™

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #6127 on: May 22, 2017, 11:17:16 PM »
I doubt he wins.
püp

benjipwns

« Reply #6128 on: May 22, 2017, 11:43:27 PM »
There's the Montana at-large vote on Thursday for Zinke's seat, that was basically tied last I saw and the Libertarian was polling at 8-10% and they don't tend to drop off as far from polling as out East.

benjipwns

« Reply #6129 on: May 22, 2017, 11:51:41 PM »
CNN’s Fareed Zakaria on Monday praised President Trump's weekend speech in Saudi Arabia, saying former President Obama could have given it.

“It was nuanced. It was frankly the kind of speech that President Obama could have given. It had the kind of empathy and nuance that people look for," Zakaria said Monday on CNN, praising "both the symbolism and ... the substance."

“Because ultimately what you’re trying to do is convince these Muslim countries to in some way take on, battle, expel as President Trump said, the scourge of Islamic terrorism.”

Zakaria added that Trump’s remarks pleased Arab leaders by sounding “more resolutely anti-Iranian” than past presidents'.

“There’s no question people in the region, particularly the Arab dictators and Arab monarchs, like what they hear from Trump.”
this guy is seriously underrated as a terrible talking head

Nola

« Reply #6130 on: May 23, 2017, 12:05:17 AM »
Fareed is the most polarizing talking head for me. His punditry is mostly just gag inducing.

He will have a week or two of some pretty good op-eds(even ones he didn't plagiarize) then he will have a "bombing Syria was the moment Trump became presidential" nonsense and then bloviate about it for half an hour.

Though his panels are usually solid. Probably the best CNN offers.....Which is not exactly saying a whole lot.

benjipwns

« Reply #6131 on: May 23, 2017, 12:07:14 AM »
here comes the eggs for ur faces lieberals
'Complete panic' at highest levels of DNC over internet hacker Kim Dotcom's claims murdered Democratic aide Seth Rich WAS the source of Wikileaks
An anonymous 4 Chan poster claims that internet hacker Kim Dotcom's allegations that murdered Democratic aide Seth Rich was the source of Wikileaks has sparked 'complete panic' within the DNC.

The nameless individual, who claims to have spent 20 years working in DC, said the latest conspiracy theory, that Rich was killed because he was the source of the DNC leaks, had terrified high ranking officials.

'I know for certain that the Seth Rich case has scared the s**t out of certain high ranking current and former Democratic Party officials,' the 'insider', who has provided not information to back up his claims or that he works in DC, wrote on the controversial discussion site 4 Chan.
They added that this was why DNC executives had 'backed away from impeachment talk.'

'They know the smoking gun is out there, and they're terrified you will find it, because when you do it will bring the entire DNC, along with a couple of very big name politicians,' he added.
Dotcom, a German-Finnish internet entrepreneur known for founding Megaupload, jumped into the conversation Friday, four days after the Fox5 story ran.

He said he knew murdered Democratic National Committee staffer Rich who 'gave the political party's trove of emails to Wikileaks.'

'I knew Seth Rich. I know he was the Wikileaks source. I was involved,' Dotcom cryptically tweeted on Saturday.

'If Congress includes #SethRich case into their Russia probe I'll give written testimony with evidence that Seth Rich was Wikileaks source,' Dotcom tweeted.
The anonymous DC insider has since added that the DNC was 'near open panic' about such claims.

'To even mention this name in D.C. Circles [sic] will bring you under automatic scrutiny. To even admit that you have knowledge of this story puts you in immediate danger. If there was no smoke there would be no fire. I have never, in my 20 years of working in D.C. Seen [sic] such a panicked reaction from anyone.'

He added that both Podesta and Hillary Clinton had received anonymous calls and emails from people who shared their belief in the conspiracy theory.

According to an account from Radar Online, Dotcom will release more information on the matter Tuesday, once he talks to his lawyers.

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/866469670609670145

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

bluemax

« Reply #6132 on: May 23, 2017, 02:16:55 AM »
I feel like I need to burn my computer after reading that last Benji post.

Also InfoWars got a press pass to the WH.
NO

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6133 on: May 23, 2017, 05:07:44 AM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40004300

Flynn taking the 5th

I don't get it; if someone actually just invokes the 5th Amendment, they can just blanket refuse to respond to prosecution? So what happens then? Other witnesses will provide context for the case?

Also, as a General, isn't he subject to military law, or is that only for military matters? If so, why is that job not considered a military posting?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6134 on: May 23, 2017, 08:02:21 AM »
I feel like I need to burn my computer after reading that last Benji post.

Also InfoWars got a press pass to the WH.

I stopped reading after

An anonymous 4 Chan poster claims that internet hacker Kim Dotcom's allegations

:drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge

©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #6135 on: May 23, 2017, 10:35:37 AM »
©ZH

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #6136 on: May 23, 2017, 11:44:55 AM »
President Trump’s message in a guestbook at Israel’s main Holocaust memorial and museum has drawn some ridicule for its failure to demonstrate sensitivity to the atrocities memorialized at the site.

:lol
©ZH

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #6137 on: May 23, 2017, 11:47:22 AM »
See you in 10 years! TLA! Rock on! GO TIGERS!
rub

etiolate

« Reply #6138 on: May 23, 2017, 11:53:48 AM »
Top class. World class. I give if five stars. FIVE STARS. Better than the New York one. So much holocaust.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6139 on: May 23, 2017, 12:03:58 PM »
Remember those innocent times when W. was the absolute worst you could imagine a US president ?
ὕβρις

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #6140 on: May 23, 2017, 12:07:47 PM »
rub

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #6141 on: May 23, 2017, 12:16:53 PM »
President Trump’s message in a guestbook at Israel’s main Holocaust memorial and museum has drawn some ridicule for its failure to demonstrate sensitivity to the atrocities memorialized at the site.
(Image removed from quote.)

The fucking casing lmao

"IT is A gReAT HOnOR TO Be HeRe WitH ALL OF MY FRienDS! So AmaZing+WiLL Never Forget!"

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #6142 on: May 23, 2017, 12:25:20 PM »

The fucking casing lmao

"IT is A gReAT HOnOR TO Be HeRe WitH ALL OF MY FRienDS! So AmaZing+WiLL Never Forget!"

etiolate

« Reply #6143 on: May 23, 2017, 12:35:37 PM »
I don't have a problem with the evil losers line. It's actually a bit too well crafted for Trump to come up with it himself. It casts shame upon killings that are rationalized via honor and glory.

It might be the one time Trump listened to his people and handlers.

Brehvolution

« Reply #6144 on: May 23, 2017, 12:43:38 PM »
But did he say the words "Radical Islamic Terrorism"?  :doge
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6145 on: May 23, 2017, 01:06:57 PM »
But did he say the words "Radical Islamic Terrorism"?  :doge

He did, and yet we've still got terrorism. You can't explain that.
©@©™

FStop7

« Reply #6146 on: May 23, 2017, 01:12:24 PM »

Did he think he was signing somebody's yearbook

etiolate

« Reply #6147 on: May 23, 2017, 01:23:22 PM »
I KNOW THAT SETCH RICH WAS INVOLVED IN THE DNC LEAK.
I know this because in late 2014 a person contacted me about helping me to start a branch of the Internet Party in the United States. He called himself Panda. I now know that Panda was Seth Rich.

Panda advised me that he was working on voter analytics tools and other technologies that the Internet Party may find helpful.

I communicated with Panda on a number of topics including corruption and the influence of corporate money in politics.

“He wanted to change that from the inside.”
I was referring to what I knew when I did an interview with Bloomberg in New Zealand in May 2015. In that interview I hinted that Julian Assange and Wikileaks would release information about Hillary Clinton in the upcoming election.

The Rich family has reached out to me to ask that I be sensitive to their loss in my public comments. That request is entirely reasonable.

I have consulted with my lawyers. I accept that my full statement should be provided to the authorities and I am prepared to do that so that there can be a full investigation. My lawyers will speak with the authorities regarding the proper process.

If my evidence is required to be given in the United States I would be prepared to do so if appropriate arrangements are made. I would need a guarantee from Special Counsel Mueller, on behalf of the United States, of safe passage from New Zealand to the United States and back. In the coming days we will be communicating with the appropriate authorities to make the necessary arrangements. In the meantime, I will make no further comment.

STATEMENT FROM
KIM DOTCOM

Panda was a known handle of Seth Rich due to his love of pandas.

Bloomberg article: https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-05-14/kim-dotcom-julian-assange-will-be-hillary-clinton-s-worst-nightmare-in-2016

(getting trashed by heavy traffic right now)

“I have to say it’s probably more Julian,” who threatens Hillary, Dotcom said. “But I’m aware of some of the things that are going to be roadblocks for her.”

Assange has access to information, Dotcom said, though he added that he didn't know anything more specific.

“If I can provide some transparency with these people and make them part of what the Internet Party stands for, then, you know, I will be happy to do that,” Dotcom told Chang.

According to Kim, his reference to Panda/Seth Rich in 2015.

And now let's see the dance.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #6148 on: May 23, 2017, 01:24:15 PM »

Did he think he was signing somebody's yearbook

The "+ will Never Forget! " at the end makes it seem like he writing that comment without knowing where he was until an aide caught what he signed.

Really feeling embarrassed for WASPS between 30-60.

Brehvolution

« Reply #6149 on: May 23, 2017, 01:54:12 PM »
I know this because in late 2014 a person contacted me about helping me to start a branch of the Internet Party in the United States. He called himself Panda. I now know that Panda was Seth Rich.

Panda advised me that he was working on voter analytics tools and other technologies that the Internet Party may find helpful.

I communicated with Panda on a number of topics including corruption and the influence of corporate money in politics.

“He wanted to change that from the inside.”
I was referring to what I knew when I did an interview with Bloomberg in New Zealand in May 2015. In that interview I hinted that Julian Assange and Wikileaks would release information about Hillary Clinton in the upcoming election.

The Rich family has reached out to me to ask that I be sensitive to their loss in my public comments. That request is entirely reasonable.

I have consulted with my lawyers. I accept that my full statement should be provided to the authorities and I am prepared to do that so that there can be a full investigation. My lawyers will speak with the authorities regarding the proper process.

If my evidence is required to be given in the United States I would be prepared to do so if appropriate arrangements are made. I would need a guarantee from Special Counsel Mueller, on behalf of the United States, of safe passage from New Zealand to the United States and back. In the coming days we will be communicating with the appropriate authorities to make the necessary arrangements. In the meantime, I will make no further comment.

STATEMENT FROM
KIM DOTCOM

Panda was a known handle of Seth Rich due to his love of pandas.

Bloomberg article: https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-05-14/kim-dotcom-julian-assange-will-be-hillary-clinton-s-worst-nightmare-in-2016

(getting trashed by heavy traffic right now)

“I have to say it’s probably more Julian,” who threatens Hillary, Dotcom said. “But I’m aware of some of the things that are going to be roadblocks for her.”

Assange has access to information, Dotcom said, though he added that he didn't know anything more specific.

“If I can provide some transparency with these people and make them part of what the Internet Party stands for, then, you know, I will be happy to do that,” Dotcom told Chang.

According to Kim, his reference to Panda/Seth Rich in 2015.

And now let's see the dance.

©ZH

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6150 on: May 23, 2017, 01:58:05 PM »
©@©™

etiolate

« Reply #6151 on: May 23, 2017, 02:16:26 PM »
I'm glad you're taking the Ls.

I am kind of curious what the spin will be on this. I imagine it will ignore that he's willing to testify and provide his evidence, which is the important part of his statement.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #6152 on: May 23, 2017, 02:24:53 PM »
oh dear

Phoenix Dark

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

etiolate

etiolate

« Reply #6156 on: May 23, 2017, 02:41:11 PM »
 :rejoice

benjipwns

« Reply #6157 on: May 23, 2017, 02:49:01 PM »
If my evidence is required to be given in the United States I would be prepared to do so if appropriate arrangements are made. I would need a guarantee from Special Counsel Mueller, on behalf of the United States, of safe passage from New Zealand to the United States and back.
Not what he's investigating dude :doge

Which proves we need a special prosecutor for the Seth Rich case.

etiolate

« Reply #6158 on: May 23, 2017, 02:54:12 PM »
If Mueller investigates the Russian connection and interference, then evidence that the DNC leak was Seth Rich ant not Russian hacking would be relevant. If he thinks Mueller's everyday job is investigator then he's herpaderping.

Nola

« Reply #6159 on: May 23, 2017, 03:03:45 PM »

STATEMENT FROM
KIM DOTCOM

:neogaf

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 03:13:07 PM by Nola »

benjipwns

« Reply #6160 on: May 23, 2017, 03:06:07 PM »
DNC e-mails != John Podesta's

Phoenix Dark

etiolate

« Reply #6162 on: May 23, 2017, 03:12:44 PM »
True. Could be two very different sources on those leaks.

Oblivion

« Reply #6164 on: May 23, 2017, 04:15:20 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/23/statement-on-coverage-seth-rich-murder-investigation.amp.html

Whoops

Shows how powerful the puppet masters are. Even Fox has to bow and kiss the ring. Sad.

One of the really amusing things about right-wing conspiracy theories is that every so often, shit gets to the point even the people who were initially peddling the conspiracy have to take a step back, which then makes them somehow part of the initial conspiracy by other right-wing conspiracy theorists.

Just goes to show how powerful the Democrat machine's reach really is.

Oblivion

« Reply #6165 on: May 23, 2017, 04:16:15 PM »
Also, kimdotcom  :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #6167 on: May 23, 2017, 04:33:58 PM »
Just when I thought etoilet couldn't get any worse.  :neogaf
püp

Mandark

• Icon
I'll see myself out
« Reply #6168 on: May 23, 2017, 04:52:15 PM »
Tonight on Hannity: Did Seth Rich have broads in Atlanta?

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #6169 on: May 23, 2017, 04:56:09 PM »
Waitaminute...

The panda was here all along
rub

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #6170 on: May 23, 2017, 04:56:24 PM »
True. Could be two very different sources on those leaks.

___

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6171 on: May 23, 2017, 04:57:49 PM »
Waitaminute...

The panda was here all along

Dun Dun Duuuun

benjipwns

« Reply #6172 on: May 23, 2017, 05:27:02 PM »
http://www.dailywire.com/news/16773/hannity-still-pushing-seth-rich-conspiracy-murder-ben-shapiro

Ben Shapiro also demanding a cover-up regarding investigations of (((powerful forces)))? I'm shocked!

benjipwns

« Reply #6173 on: May 23, 2017, 05:31:25 PM »
norcal sucks • 3 hours ago
I am surprised by the amount of push-back by conservatives on this. Why wouldn't folks be investigating this like Hannity is? The murder is unsolved and at this point, the amount of "smoke" coming from this incident seems to indicate a fire. Assange and Kim have a pretty good track record of putting things out that are true. If Rich was the source, then the entire Russian narrative is DEAD. I would think more people would want to get to the bottom of it instead of blasting the conspiracy siren
BR  • 3 hours ago
There's all kinds of evidence here, or at least potential evidence here, I don't understand the push back from conservatives like Ben Shapiro either. Rod Wheeler, Kim Dotcom, Julian Assange makes three potential witnesses, and the presence of democratic party operatives speaking for the family speaks volumes. Au Contraire Sharpiro, please continue Hannity, this story is miles and miles from being debunked.
Dickey121 • 3 hours ago
Hey Shapiro - There is plenty of evidence. Just because the MSM doesn't push it doesn't mean it isn't there. WTF is wrong with you anyway? You always try to play devils advocate so as to cater to the other side. You're great on the topic of SJW's and and whats right and wrong with our education system but then you constantly send out BS like this article. Tired of it. You have MSM qualities.

His name was Seth Rich. Never forget. Truth will come out.
Berean  zombie_trump_follower • an hour ago
I'm wondering: Is it more likely that Hannity is being suckered into going on and on about this instead of working to get Trump's alleged "Make America Great Again" Agenda moving forward, or
is it more likely that Hannity is trying to sucker his audience into not noticing that Trump's alleged "Make America Great Again" Agenda is going nowhere. I lean towards the dumber first explanation. Ann Coulter is measuring the wall so far: 0 (zero) miles built. I guess all those NYC liberals and Goldman-Sachs people aren't very good at building walls. Then again, after a decade, the Twin Towers were still a hole in the ground (increasing the terrorists' victory) while New York 'n Jersey bureaucrats had gotten themselves paid big money for that decade. Or is it union problems? I know, it's all Paul Ryan's and everybody but Trump's fault, just like the Democrat operative media (and Obama) explained nothing was ever Obama's fault, it was always somebody else.
mptc • 3 hours ago
...as well as debunked by Newsweek, which reported that the FBI had no role in investigating Rich’s murder.
Really Ben? You include Newsweek as a competent source in debunking Hannity's claim? You might as well have not even wrote this piece.
Derrik White • 3 hours ago
Shapiro if you actually did your research on this one, you'd see there is a lot of evidence that points towards Seth's death as a cover up. Your'e one of my favorite guys, but your missing it on this one.
hrosenthal  • an hour ago
I think ben wants an establishment media deep state job and if he wants it, he has to play the role

norcal sucks  • an hour ago
I think this might be part of it, Ben has always been a go-to for me politically but Republicans need to get some balls and start fighting. We need a bridge between the infowars crowd and the dailywire
infighting :aah

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #6174 on: May 23, 2017, 05:31:47 PM »
Man, I still don't like David Frum getting this Reasonable Conservative pass from people. I'm just not emotionally ready for this Ben Shapiro shit.

benjipwns

« Reply #6175 on: May 23, 2017, 05:46:33 PM »
subscribe now for his latest e-book free!

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6176 on: May 23, 2017, 05:49:31 PM »
I was gonna write a post about how while Frum is bad, he's at least bad within a generally accepted American policy ideology blah blah blah...until I realized oh shit I'm basically saying neoconservatism is normal shit. It's pretty fucking terrible in fact and has done more harm than Trump thus far.

That being said, at least Frum isn't a Nazi sympathizer, alleged traitor, supportive of mentally unhinged politicians, etc. And at least he has some ideological diversity I guess (he supports universal healthcare). 

Sausage

« Reply #6177 on: May 23, 2017, 06:08:21 PM »

etiolate

« Reply #6178 on: May 23, 2017, 06:14:08 PM »
Calling Kim an internet troll is Shapiro just being out of the loop with internet stuff.

Kim ran a business and made a lot of money. He ran Megauploads, which lead to an illegal raid of his house. You've probably all used Megaupload for copyrighted shows.

New Zealand law enforcement officials investigated the letter thoroughly and discovered without a shadow of a doubt that the letter was a forgery.

That's not really true. The e-mail could not be verified because it lacked appropriate headers. It was anonymously leaked. An office claimed it was a fraud, but that may have to do with the lack of IP trail meaning it cannot be verified. Difference between fraud and unverifiable. He was being spied on. That was part of the raid on his mansion, which is comical in reflection. Who the fuck needs a SWAT team to raid a rich weeaboo?

Tim Pool has been the one reasonable person on this, but that's perhaps because he is hooked into the internet and hacker community. He's also independent, has no bone in the Trump war, and has met and researched Kim's situation.

This is my last deal on this. I went back and checked on how long it took you guys to figure out that I was referencing a Fox News source and not Wheeler. The answer was F I V E   W H O L E    D A Y S.  I'm a patient lad, but not that patient and you aren't worthy of patience. You guys rely on bullying, mob behavior and dishonesty. I just wait and let time prove me right.

I would love if people that respond (because they will) to cite that they do not believe that Seth Rich was the leak and that it was a Russian hack. Would love that to be directly said by some of you.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #6179 on: May 23, 2017, 06:15:14 PM »
L
püp