Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5574009 times)

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| RIP Cain Train #pizzagate
« Reply #65400 on: August 07, 2020, 12:14:21 PM »
A Michigan county official's use of the N-word at a public meeting has prompted the governor and other officials and residents to call for his resignation.

Tom Eckerle, an elected road commissioner for Leelanau County, north of Traverse City, used the slur moments before the start of a meeting on Tuesday, according to The Leelanau Enterprise.

When asked by a fellow commissioner why he wasn't wearing a mask, Eckerle said in an apparent reference to the coronavirus pandemic, "Well this whole thing is because of them N------ down in Detroit," the Enterprise reported.

When the commission's chair, Bob Joyce, interjected, "You can't say that," Eckerle did not back down. “I can say anything I want. Black Lives Matter has everything to do with taking the country away from us," he said.

But he told Interlochen Public Radio that he does not regret using the racial slur and believes it is "not racism."

He said it was the same as saying that he is German.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/michigan-official-s-use-racial-slur-prompts-governor-call-his-n1236114?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #65401 on: August 07, 2020, 12:20:51 PM »
A Michigan county official's use of the N-word at a public meeting has prompted the governor and other officials and residents to call for his resignation.

Tom Eckerle, an elected road commissioner for Leelanau County, north of Traverse City, used the slur moments before the start of a meeting on Tuesday, according to The Leelanau Enterprise.

When asked by a fellow commissioner why he wasn't wearing a mask, Eckerle said in an apparent reference to the coronavirus pandemic, "Well this whole thing is because of them N------ down in Detroit," the Enterprise reported.

When the commission's chair, Bob Joyce, interjected, "You can't say that," Eckerle did not back down. “I can say anything I want. Black Lives Matter has everything to do with taking the country away from us," he said.

But he told Interlochen Public Radio that he does not regret using the racial slur and believes it is "not racism."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/michigan-official-s-use-racial-slur-prompts-governor-call-his-n1236114?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Dude looks exactly like I imagined he would.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #65402 on: August 07, 2020, 12:33:52 PM »
lol why are the Clintons going to be speaking at the convention. Fuck off and go away, losers.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #65403 on: August 07, 2020, 12:37:31 PM »
lol why are the Clintons going to be speaking at the convention. Fuck off and go away, losers.

Seriously. They need to fuck off, they only taint an already wanting convention.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65404 on: August 07, 2020, 12:37:32 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
That looks like a gentleman who would enjoy Farm Simulator yes.

Seriously. They need to fuck off, they only taint an already wanting convention.
Hey kids it's Bill and Hill and their best friend Al. Buy your tickets today for this event of the century. You don't want to miss this.
The DNC will be aired live on Fortnite!
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #65405 on: August 07, 2020, 12:39:31 PM »

Even his own face is trying to get him to shut up.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65406 on: August 07, 2020, 12:51:21 PM »
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1291776114193506307

Larry is even more optimistic because this stuff is working  :rejoice
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #65407 on: August 07, 2020, 01:50:44 PM »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #65408 on: August 07, 2020, 01:58:45 PM »
trump flu won't be gone until trump is gone.
©ZH

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65409 on: August 07, 2020, 03:15:45 PM »
Phase 4 bill looking a bit dead right now.

Tripon

« Reply #65410 on: August 07, 2020, 03:17:52 PM »
Apparently Congress really does need to see the U.S. in a deep depression before acting, huh.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #65411 on: August 07, 2020, 03:21:08 PM »
Every day the government buildings are not burning is a day without a deal.

You want government to give a shit? Buy a safety vest.

:O

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65412 on: August 07, 2020, 03:21:34 PM »
Apparently Congress really does need to see the U.S. in a deep depression before acting, huh.

"Congress"

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #65413 on: August 07, 2020, 03:24:10 PM »
There's nothing stopping states from passing their own stimulus bills and issuing their own (regional?) debt instruments. Blue states should just do it themselves and if the rest of the country wants to wallow in depression, that's up to them.
每天生气

james

« Reply #65414 on: August 07, 2020, 03:28:49 PM »
There's nothing stopping states from passing their own stimulus bills and issuing their own (regional?) debt instruments. Blue states should just do it themselves and if the rest of the country wants to wallow in depression, that's up to them.

They dont have money printers and most of them have a balanced budget constitutional requirement

shosta

« Reply #65415 on: August 07, 2020, 03:34:05 PM »
They can repeal them! That's a political challenge but an easier one than the one facing the federal government.
每天生气

james

« Reply #65416 on: August 07, 2020, 03:35:12 PM »
They can repeal them! That's a political challenge but an easier one than the one facing the federal government.

Democrats saying they will do things and then not doing things, name a more iconic pair

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65417 on: August 07, 2020, 03:40:57 PM »
Reading about the state of negotiations today reminded me that Scalia's kid is in charge of the Department of Labor.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #65418 on: August 07, 2020, 05:11:45 PM »

Surprise step down of Biden in favor of Hillary.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nintex tier  :stahp
[close]
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65420 on: August 07, 2020, 05:21:49 PM »

Surprise step down of Biden in favor of Hillary.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nintex tier  :stahp
[close]
"Hey come 'on now everybody I want to be President, I was supposed to be President"

"You will always be President Joe, in our hearts But Hillary Clinton will be our nominee"

"You can't do that.. you can't do .. you know you can't do the thing.. with the hair, what they call it...."

*Joe Biden was removed from meeting*

*BillyBoy69 joined the meeting*

"Heya everybody this is Bill Clinton live on this here internet video to say that I'm really glad you've all decided to nominate my wife for President of the United States"
🤴

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #65421 on: August 07, 2020, 05:29:40 PM »
It'd be hilarious if they made her the VP.
Hi

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #65422 on: August 07, 2020, 05:29:48 PM »
are you a fallon writer nintex
püp

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65423 on: August 07, 2020, 05:31:57 PM »
are you a fallon writer nintex

I'm not aiming that high, I would be satisfied with SNL or Colbert for Normies. :trumps
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65424 on: August 07, 2020, 05:32:20 PM »
more like a failin writer :biden
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65425 on: August 07, 2020, 05:43:40 PM »
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/instagram-related-hashtags-favoring-trump-over-biden
The difference between these two results, which an Instagram spokesperson told BuzzFeed News was a “bug,” prevented hashtags including #Trump and #MAGA from being associated with potentially negative content. Meanwhile, Instagram hashtags associated with the Democratic presidential candidate — #JoeBiden and #Biden, for example — were presented alongside content that included overtly pro-Trump content and attacks on the former vice president.

An examination by BuzzFeed News found that Instagram prevented related hashtags from populating for #Trump, which had been used on 14.6 million posts; #Trump2020, which had 2.5 million posts; and #MAGA, which had 5.6 million posts. Meanwhile, the hashtag #JoeBiden, which has been used on 390,000 posts, appeared alongside negative hashtags including #creepyjoebiden and #neverbiden, as well as seemingly pro-Biden content like #joebidenforpresident.

It's not a bug but a feature

:money
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #65427 on: August 07, 2020, 06:32:00 PM »
Bunch of Hong Kong officials got sanctioned today too.

Trump administration sure seems to be stirring the pot right before an election.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65428 on: August 07, 2020, 07:13:01 PM »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 08:17:23 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Kara

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65433 on: August 07, 2020, 09:06:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/graemem/status/1291878455148077056

:notlikethis
We're just an infrastructure week or two away from Jared Kushner heading up the Postal Service Task Force.
🤴

Kara

« Reply #65434 on: August 07, 2020, 09:26:20 PM »

The sequels to this comic are... interesting.

:nsfanyone :nsfanyone :nsfanyone

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65437 on: August 08, 2020, 09:34:26 AM »
https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1292089054729834497

Donald Trump August 6th: "You may not see me for a while, I have some very rich enemies"

Donald Trump on August 7th
- Gives a televised speech at his golf club
- Makes more rich enemies

:trumps
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 09:51:34 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #65438 on: August 08, 2020, 09:55:51 AM »
adelson: trump can we talk relief bill? *wink*

trump: derpy derp derpestein

adelson: :snoop

shosta

« Reply #65439 on: August 08, 2020, 12:02:36 PM »
People I know who vote Dem are extremely frustrated Dems won't compromise. I don't think they understand how inadequate the Republican proposals are.
每天生气

Tripon

« Reply #65440 on: August 08, 2020, 12:20:32 PM »

Fucking Act Blue selling my info to these two bit campaigns.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #65441 on: August 08, 2020, 12:27:06 PM »
People I know who vote Dem are extremely frustrated Dems won't compromise. I don't think they understand how inadequate the Republican proposals are.

yeah anyone who's out of work right now knows $200 or $400 extra isn't going to cut it. everyone i worked with had two jobs, and usually a side hustle and some extra support. wages are so low in this damn country and essentials are so high that even before covid it was getting damn near impossible to survive, and having unemployment (if you can get it) give you less than 100% of your wage means that you just aren't earning enough to live.
pcp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #65442 on: August 08, 2020, 12:27:57 PM »
They’re only missing one pivotal endorsement, Tripon.
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #65443 on: August 08, 2020, 12:35:06 PM »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/freeland-aluminum-imports-tariffs-trump-1.5677757

Canada to impose $3.6B in tariffs in response to Trump's move against Canadian aluminum

Potential targets include numerous products made in swing states key to U.S. president's re-election

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #65444 on: August 08, 2020, 12:45:41 PM »

yeah anyone who's out of work right now knows $200 or $400 extra isn't going to cut it. everyone i worked with had two jobs, and usually a side hustle and some extra support. wages are so low in this damn country and essentials are so high that even before covid it was getting damn near impossible to survive, and having unemployment (if you can get it) give you less than 100% of your wage means that you just aren't earning enough to live.

But remember, you're also not spending as much on luxury travels like the bus/train/uberpool to get to work either. Or fancy work lunches at that 99 cent menu at mcds.

It evens out.

shosta

« Reply #65445 on: August 08, 2020, 12:51:11 PM »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/freeland-aluminum-imports-tariffs-trump-1.5677757

Canada to impose $3.6B in tariffs in response to Trump's move against Canadian aluminum

Potential targets include numerous products made in swing states key to U.S. president's re-election
I don't care what this is in response to. If you fucking Canadians think you can interfere in our election I'll parachute into Ottawa myself.
每天生气

Kara

« Reply #65446 on: August 08, 2020, 01:50:46 PM »
This great nation has been brought low. When once we were subjected to Russian interference in our elections, now we're subjected to Ukrainian Nazi election interference. That's why we need to vote for Joe Biden in 3 months and patiently wait another ~2 for him to take office. Man his dad could drive.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #65447 on: August 08, 2020, 01:57:18 PM »
https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1292089054729834497

Donald Trump August 6th: "You may not see me for a while, I have some very rich enemies"

Donald Trump on August 7th
- Gives a televised speech at his golf club
- Makes more rich enemies

:trumps
welcome to the resistance  :whatisthis sheldon adelson  :biden

Kara

« Reply #65448 on: August 08, 2020, 03:56:33 PM »
Trump's going to sign an executive order deferring payroll taxes? What an idiot. Clown country.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Shuri

« Reply #65450 on: August 08, 2020, 04:37:36 PM »
I'm randomly watching his press conference right now, and unfortunately, I gotta say that he's getting free points with that voterID thing. I get the arguments we can find therehttps://www.aclu.org/other/oppose-voter-id-legislation-fact-sheet but  As a filthy french canadian, i'm just  :doge at the fact that you can vote without, seemingly, no form of government id?

He's doing to exploit the SHIT out of that if he loses in November.

:goty2 There are so many puzzling decisions with the left in America, I still can't get over the fact that Biden is the one sent out against him...

shosta

« Reply #65451 on: August 08, 2020, 04:45:23 PM »
You need an ID to register to vote. One ballot is sent out per registered voter.

EDIT: Well, if you don't have one, your information is still sent to the county. Multiple registrations can't happen.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 04:51:45 PM by shosta »
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #65452 on: August 08, 2020, 04:50:08 PM »
The USA always seemed weird to me too, considering you're mandated to have official ID... for anything, voting included, here. It's not (always) free either, in some cases (including making a new one in case of theft) you need to buy a tax stamp.

The most bizarre thing though is probably that elections in the US don't necessarily happen on an off day (correct me if I'm wrong). All ballots in France happen on Sundays. Lately it's been less and less true that Sundays are universal off days for workers but it's still by far the quietest part of the week. You'd think that at least the US Presidential Election would be a holiday to allow every voter maximum flexibility to partake, instead of forcing rush hour to stations.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #65453 on: August 08, 2020, 04:51:20 PM »
You need an ID to register to vote. One ballot is sent out per registered voter.

I think Shuri means a federal issued ID.
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #65454 on: August 08, 2020, 04:56:56 PM »
You still need to prove you live where you live. There's no place in America where you can vote illegally without being caught at some level of the system eventually.
每天生气

Tripon

james

« Reply #65456 on: August 08, 2020, 05:19:48 PM »
Maybe Trump is right.

The last time Americans voted they fucked up.

They should no longer be allowed to vote

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #65457 on: August 08, 2020, 05:26:31 PM »
I think there's an argument that a national standard ID requirement could help citizens not be disenfranchised, provided access to it is made simple (or automatic) and very affordable. And while fraud is not an huge issue, a more secure system is always good.

Obviously that's not what Trump and Republicans have in mind when they bring up this issue.
ὕβρις

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65458 on: August 08, 2020, 05:37:19 PM »
It's important context that the US had mass voter suppression in living memory. Southern states didn't explicitly ban black citizens from voting but set up a series of "unbiased" roadblocks (poll taxes, literacy tests) that were clearly designed to exclude them and were brutally effective.

Also that the landmark federal law which broke this system was repealed by the Supreme Court because of the strict textualist reasoning that "things have changed, it'll be fine."

Kara

« Reply #65459 on: August 08, 2020, 05:50:55 PM »
The system is also set up in such a way in that it prioritizes the will of certain voices while ignoring others.

Historically this would be something such as people held in slavery counting as a portion of a person for proportional representation purposes, but certainly not as voters (or even human beings).

In the present day you have the phenomenon where prison populations count as people for proportional representation purposes, but people in prison generally do not enjoy the right to vote.

If you see a similarity between these 2 dynamics it's just some weird coincidence. :science

Have a political system from a slave society brehs.