Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5556262 times)

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| RIP Cain Train #pizzagate
« Reply #65760 on: August 12, 2020, 09:34:05 AM »
4 MORE YEARS

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/jeffrey-gundlach-says-base-case-is-trump-wins-re-election-215711167.html

Gundlach, who called Trump's 2016 election, predicts he'll win again

:gddr5 :drudge

Himu

« Reply #65761 on: August 12, 2020, 09:34:51 AM »
Cindi could be back on the Trump train by October you never know

I never really supported trump. Since you are a dumbass who routinely makes the dumbest of posts, and didn't even know what a frappucino was, I think there's zero reason to even reply to you.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #65762 on: August 12, 2020, 09:40:59 AM »
you wanna put some money on your boy trump or what

pence is gonna destroy kamala

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #65764 on: August 12, 2020, 09:57:26 AM »
4 MORE YEARS

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/jeffrey-gundlach-says-base-case-is-trump-wins-re-election-215711167.html

Gundlach, who called Trump's 2016 election, predicts he'll win again

:gddr5 :drudge

"I think polls are very, very squishy right now because of the highly toxic political environment in which we live," Gundlach said. Gundlach said he’s come across data suggesting that about "two-thirds of conservatives or moderate conservatives say that they have lied about their support for Donald Trump either directly or by omission."

Ah  the old "SECRET TRUMP VOTERS" argument. But he hasn't grown his base. Who would lie about supporting the president? Where's the evidence for  her s 2/3's claim?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #65765 on: August 12, 2020, 09:59:10 AM »
Jesus cindi you have the backbone of a chocolate eclair.  That’s really all it took?  :lol

I looked at her vote record.

It's not bad and because she's a careerist, she shapes and forms how the party is going which is to the left. :yeshrug
Even ignoring her history, not only has she shown to be malleable and manipulatable to meet the Party's needs within the span of a few months, but her position as VP will almost certainly not lead to her "shaping how the party is going".

Also, I've argued with Mandark for years. I've learned when and when to argue with him and when he makes a cogent, sound argument worth considering. :yeshrug And despite the DA and AG record, he's right.

The main concern are claims that Biden's VP will be the most "powerful in history" as per many think pieces so it's in the back of my mind.
IYKYK

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #65766 on: August 12, 2020, 10:07:48 AM »
The entire Biden campaign has been incredibly unusual (historically speaking). He was mostly irrelevant in the early primaries, then one day just became the front runner and never looked back. There wasn't some lynchpin debate performance, interview or issue that you can point to. It just flipped overnight through circumstance.

Then for the main election, he hasn't had to do anything except lay low while Trump repeatedly punches himself in the balls.  In most elections, candidates are desperately trying to "win the day" the entire summer long. Joe has went the other way and it's working remarkably well.

I can't imagine a scenario like this ever playing out like this again in our lifetime.

Himu

« Reply #65767 on: August 12, 2020, 10:25:47 AM »
I know it's theater, that makes me all the more cynical. So much of American politics is theater rather than policy. So although there's an historical achievement here in that VP candidate is the first black-indian woman to earn such a title, little is being shown on her policy or how she literally did a 180 on Biden. So much of it is about identity rather than policy. With this in mind it's not shocking that Trump successfully managed to make politics into a reality show given already pervasive theatrical elements.
IYKYK

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #65768 on: August 12, 2020, 10:27:53 AM »
everyone’s talking about Biden’s bussing policy

no one’s talking about his bussying policy

really makes you think ::)

Himu

« Reply #65769 on: August 12, 2020, 10:27:59 AM »
If they win, she's def going to use the VP title as a part of her resume to try to run for president. But could she win? When will it be AOC's time? :rejoice My President :rejoice
IYKYK

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #65770 on: August 12, 2020, 10:48:19 AM »

It's gonna look pretty awkward at the debate when 'Mother' is onstage with pence since he couldn't be onstage alone with another woman.
©ZH

Himu

IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #65772 on: August 12, 2020, 11:01:16 AM »

It's gonna look pretty awkward at the debate when 'Mother' is onstage with pence since he couldn't be onstage alone with another woman.

“On the way here I learned that Joe Biden named his running mate,” Pence said to a rally in Mesa, Ariz., followed by boos from the crowd.

“As you all know, Joe Biden and the Democratic Party have been overtaken by the radical left. So given their promises of higher taxes, open borders, socialized medicine, and abortion on demand, it's no surprise that he chose Senator Harris,” Pence said.

“So my message to the Democratic nominee for vice president: Congratulations. I'll see you in Salt Lake City,” Pence told the crowd of Trump supporters.

Fangs are out.

shosta

« Reply #65773 on: August 12, 2020, 11:08:54 AM »
Still no bill :killme
每天生气

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #65774 on: August 12, 2020, 11:11:48 AM »

I never really supported trump. Since you are a dumbass who routinely makes the dumbest of posts, and didn't even know what a frappucino was, I think there's zero reason to even reply to you.

So not only did you lack the basic reading comprehension on the Starbucks thread but also you're just going to stand here and lie to us about your previous political adventures.

Ok Cindi.
:O

Himu

« Reply #65775 on: August 12, 2020, 11:12:42 AM »

So not only did you lack the basic reading comprehension on the Starbucks thread but also you're just going to stand here and lie to us about your previous political adventures.

Ok Cindi.

I was Republican for a stint because 2016 broke me, but not an ardent Trump supporter you dumbass.
IYKYK

EightBitNate

« Reply #65776 on: August 12, 2020, 11:16:39 AM »
It already feels like 2016 again :)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65777 on: August 12, 2020, 11:29:58 AM »
In 2016 supportive of Trump were unorganized 4chan trolls, his dumpster fire and broke campaign and a few of his friends (although by election day pretty much everyone had distanced themselves from his campaign).
He was fighting with the pope about whether or not ISIS would destroy the Vatican and got endorsed by Kim Jun Un. After sweeping the primary his run for office pretty much imploded right after the nomination.
We still don't know exactly how Trump went from the Access Hollywood tape in October which nearly prompted him to bail out to flipping all those former Obama areas a few weeks later.

All we see now is that his base is much more visible and active. Not just a few 4chan trolls but millions of them on Facebook, Twitter and other places. Including scores of Q followers.
Then again because of the virus Trump can't nearly rally as much as he did in 2016 but on the flip side he has a massive digital operation, which he didn't have in 2016.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #65778 on: August 12, 2020, 11:32:43 AM »
You should get grifting Trumps base with this analysis in youtube vids n shit nintex m8, theres potential big money in it for you.
(ice)

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #65779 on: August 12, 2020, 11:43:29 AM »
If trump wins again I’m gonna kill nintex then myself.

Trurl

« Reply #65780 on: August 12, 2020, 11:46:21 AM »
The entire Biden campaign has been incredibly unusual (historically speaking). He was mostly irrelevant in the early primaries, then one day just became the front runner and never looked back. There wasn't some lynchpin debate performance, interview or issue that you can point to. It just flipped overnight through circumstance.

Then for the main election, he hasn't had to do anything except lay low while Trump repeatedly punches himself in the balls.  In most elections, candidates are desperately trying to "win the day" the entire summer long. Joe has went the other way and it's working remarkably well.

I can't imagine a scenario like this ever playing out like this again in our lifetime.
It reminds me a bit of the 2006 midterms.  I remember a Daily Show piece interviewing a Dem strategist who advocated laying low and letting the GOP hurt themselves.  The correspondent made a lot of fun of the idea but it worked that year.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #65781 on: August 12, 2020, 11:56:26 AM »

Dutch interference :rejoice
(ice)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #65782 on: August 12, 2020, 11:59:52 AM »
https://apnews.com/0408cd2cb6aad79156c60c3d9f3ba35e

The leading contenders, who also included Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Illinois Sen. Tammy Duckworth, submitted reams of financial records, texts of speeches and other personal information. Biden’s selection team canvassed a vast array of Democrats to ask for their views on the candidates’ temperament and families, then grilled the candidates on much of the same.

:lol Liz

Himu

« Reply #65783 on: August 12, 2020, 12:12:03 PM »
https://apnews.com/9fa729b2c5920a004b7b0cc56acd5e01

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Joe Biden is making his first appearance with newly chosen running mate Kamala Harris on Wednesday, betting that the California senator’s historic profile and confrontational style against President Donald Trump will boost Democrats’ efforts to oust the Republican president amid cascading national crises.

The former primary rivals will appear at a high school near Biden’s Delaware home to discuss their shared vision for how to defeat Trump and then lead the country through a pandemic, its economic fallout and a long-simmering reckoning with systemic racism. Harris and Biden then will sit down together for an online fundraiser designed to let even small donors get a fresh glimpse of what the Democratic presidential ticket will look like together.

Today's the day!
IYKYK

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #65784 on: August 12, 2020, 12:12:40 PM »
vin

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65785 on: August 12, 2020, 12:25:34 PM »
This thing has echoes of Boris Johnson and Brexit.

The people that fucked everything up won a massive victory against the "I told you so!" crowd.
🤴

james

« Reply #65786 on: August 12, 2020, 12:48:01 PM »
If Trump wins I will personally slit the throat of every poster here and then make a couch using your skins and fat

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65787 on: August 12, 2020, 12:52:55 PM »
I think we need to start by better defining what 'If Trump wins' entails before you commit yourselves to breaking the Geneva conventions

https://twitter.com/jes_chastain/status/1293292751220441089

The fight between the #khive and Qanon is going to be legendary
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #65788 on: August 12, 2020, 01:22:43 PM »

Pence has to get permission from his wife to be in the same room as Kamala.  :birb
©@©™

shosta

« Reply #65789 on: August 12, 2020, 01:46:42 PM »
my favorite reaction to the kamala news has to be Cauliflower being disappointed that Biden didn't pick Susan Rice :lol
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #65790 on: August 12, 2020, 01:55:27 PM »
biden will grope you, hillary will kill you  :trumps

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #65792 on: August 12, 2020, 02:11:01 PM »
Starting to think Kamala's objections to Biden's stance on bussing weren't entirely sincere

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #65793 on: August 12, 2020, 02:27:31 PM »
my favorite reaction to the kamala news has to be Cauliflower being disappointed that Biden didn't pick Susan Rice :lol

Sorry for thinking about the future of the USA.

e: does predicit qualify for debt forgiveness?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #65794 on: August 12, 2020, 02:43:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/PoorlyAgedStuff/status/1293329622566830082

If Biden is a sex criminal, then who better to keep an eye on him than a cop? :rollsafe
©@©™

shosta

« Reply #65795 on: August 12, 2020, 03:47:06 PM »

As if this fuckin mouthbreather was ever a shoe-in :lol
每天生气

james

« Reply #65796 on: August 12, 2020, 04:20:52 PM »
Which one am I cheering for shosty?

shosta

« Reply #65797 on: August 12, 2020, 04:24:25 PM »
The working class, but only abstractly
每天生气

BikeJesus

« Reply #65798 on: August 12, 2020, 05:15:58 PM »
Y'all really think Biden is some bumbling brain dead dude? Trump has literally never been this coherent.

Oh wow, he read a speech off of a teleprompter.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #65799 on: August 12, 2020, 05:22:50 PM »
Assuming the COVID and economy situations stay the same or get worse, Biden can be unable to get through a sentence on television and still coast to victory.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65800 on: August 12, 2020, 05:39:09 PM »
Which one am I cheering for shosty?

Markey's a better senator but it's easier to find pictures of Kennedy as a kid, so not sure in your case.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65801 on: August 12, 2020, 06:30:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1293673856113283072

Well if you vote Trump, no more taxes

Trump is a mess today and the White House is uploading these clips unedited.  :lol  :doge
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 07:01:24 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Kara

« Reply #65803 on: August 12, 2020, 08:23:31 PM »
Out of morbid curiosity I read a CNN article about who could replace Kamala Harris in the U.S. Senate and it read like a list of names you get if you type "California politicians" into a search engine. Total zeroes like Eric Garcetti were on this thing. :lol

To rinse my mouth out I went to read an article written by someone who's been in California in the last 5 years at the Bee and it heavily relied on Mike Madrid of The Lincoln Project. :foxx :stop

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65804 on: August 12, 2020, 08:48:35 PM »
Does the CA Dem party have any loyal soldiers who would take two years in the Senate without being tempted to run for reelection?

shosta

« Reply #65805 on: August 12, 2020, 08:57:30 PM »
you've seen me bully people on discord and yet you think I'd willingly give up a position of power? :heh
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65806 on: August 12, 2020, 08:58:08 PM »
Exasperated Associated Press reporter explaining to Sen. Shosta that his editors will not let him use the label (D-Cascadia) in a story.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #65807 on: August 12, 2020, 09:43:10 PM »
Does the CA Dem party have any loyal soldiers who would take two years in the Senate without being tempted to run for reelection?

I'm going to say no. Barbara Feinstein has shown that once you're in the senate, nobody is going to push you out with any serious clout. Kevin De Leon tried and he lost badly.

De Leon had to run to L.A. to run for a council seat so he can build enough name recognition in the city so he can run for Mayor when Garcetti is termed out.

shosta

« Reply #65808 on: August 12, 2020, 09:46:02 PM »
That's not "badly" :lol
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65809 on: August 12, 2020, 09:50:39 PM »
That election (where the Republicans all voted for De Leon) is a great example of how non-ideological voters are.

Kara

« Reply #65810 on: August 12, 2020, 09:57:12 PM »

For sure, even if it's a primo sinecure.

Both articles operated from the assumption that whomever was chosen would be chosen with the aim of them winning the seat again.

All the more reason to have a special election. :yeshrug

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #65811 on: August 12, 2020, 10:40:10 PM »
how long does petey buttchug have
pcp

Himu

IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #65813 on: August 12, 2020, 10:43:43 PM »
I can't tell from that list which of those things he's for or against.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #65814 on: August 12, 2020, 10:44:48 PM »
:leon didn't even give her time to sing an anime opening

If AOC combo'd the escaflowne and eva intros into her minute, I'm hers for life  :jgames

*edit* would also accept inner universe

Kara

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #65816 on: August 13, 2020, 12:07:02 AM »

Sman

« Reply #65817 on: August 13, 2020, 12:17:42 AM »

"She went to Westmount high school".

Groomed to be the elite, even in Canada.

:o

Himu

« Reply #65818 on: August 13, 2020, 12:33:08 AM »
https://apnews.com/083ef5555ef82c015e2f37f1822c0d78

This is great. I'm going to miss having a head of state this deranged. :delicious

:sabu

Onion tier shit. I'm cackling!!
IYKYK

EightBitNate

« Reply #65819 on: August 13, 2020, 12:34:19 AM »
Are you really even American if you haven’t gone through the horror that is American public high schools