Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5450600 times)

kingv

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Bring Obama Back Already #boba
« Reply #9840 on: October 25, 2017, 08:19:43 AM »
FYI, just saw Manafort up for possible money laundering charges in New York.

No pardon for that traitor.

studyguy

« Reply #9841 on: October 25, 2017, 10:53:00 AM »
Steve Knight in the district adjacent to me is apparently starting to crack.
Dude has this ridiculous warchest due to PAC donors but is getting consistently outraised now.
Likely be boots on the ground in 2018 against the dude as well, same shit as usual, just talk shit up with other Spanish speakers and remind them to fucking vote. Lookin up, guy's a sack after all.

Also Antonio Sabato Jr (some nobody soap opera star) is running in my district against the dem incumbent. Which is probably the single most hilarious shit I've ever heard.  :lol

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/923201406445785089

1) I don't actually believe McCain gets to much of 2018 w/o retiring and even then expecting him to back Ward is silly.
2) Trump has also been super mum on new candidates for 2018, word being that he took BIG LUTHER's loss super up the butt and was left shook from it.

Ward is deffo the candidate, Bannon was out here stumping for her. We'll see how this shit shakes out.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 11:13:21 AM by studyguy »
pause

studyguy

« Reply #9842 on: October 25, 2017, 11:25:16 AM »
CBO report out btw.
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/923208265445634049

It's about what you expect. They're going to sign off on Alex-Murr because otherwise they've basically written their own midterm oppo ads.
https://www.cbo.gov/publication/53232
pause

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9843 on: October 25, 2017, 12:46:47 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/25/scott-brown-us-ambassador-to-new-zealand-investigated-over-inappropriate-comments

Brown said the official complaints related to comments he had made at a party in the Samoan capital, Apia, where he told attendees they looked “beautiful” and could make hundreds of dollars working in the hospitality industry in the US. Brown and Huff said they had “no idea” the comments would be regarded as offensive.

lol, dude wtf? :lol
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #9844 on: October 25, 2017, 12:48:48 PM »
Right-wing media is absolutely convinced that the DNC-Dossier connection is a Watergate-level scandal, and they're perplexed as to why the media isn't covering it more.

These fuckers and their alternate reality.  :lol

More impressed that the mainstream didn't took the bait as hard.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9847 on: October 25, 2017, 01:58:36 PM »
I'm sorry about your husband, La David?
©@©™

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #9848 on: October 25, 2017, 01:59:16 PM »
How are his actions at all rationalized and defended?  Like, the FUCK?
püp

studyguy

« Reply #9849 on: October 25, 2017, 02:13:58 PM »
Apparently fucking with 401ks is still on the table.
How fraught with problems does your agenda have to be that deciding to dive face first into fucking with people's retirement plans and pulling the ire if virtually everyone in the country is the best course of action? It's mind boggling and so on the nose with fucking with the middle class I can't imagine what the dudes pitching it must have sounded like.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/gop-house-tax-chief-changes-to-401-k-are-still-on-the-table-1508940867
pause

« Reply #9850 on: October 25, 2017, 02:54:35 PM »
So they hired an American company who in turn hired a former British MI6 agent?

This isn't a scandal. It's not even really news.

This story is HUGE!

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
All the trustworthy outlets are running with it. It has to be! Hillary is the real Russia story, Mueller is soft-pedaling his look into this, him and his Democratic cronies are out to get Trump and steal our taxpayer money. They are behind this character assassination to prevent the country from MAGA'ing. Russia and collusion is fake news, except about Hillary!!

Yup, it's amazing how most of the MSM has ignored the disgusting crimes of the Clintons.  Projection, trying to say Donald was in bed with the Russians when look at the hard evidence coming out showing the disgusting betrayal of the country by Democrats.

:kobeyuck

Yes, 16 highly paid lawyers and a man with integrity far above anything your side could muster left their jobs to help support a democratic conspiracy.

And you wonder why I laugh off any MAGAs. They don't know what facts and good debate even is.

« Reply #9851 on: October 25, 2017, 02:56:38 PM »
How is this a scandal,  Bamelin?

The dossier formed the basis for the FISA warrants to wiretap Trump's campaign and ultimately to empower Mueller's investigation. Everything in the 'Russian collusion' investigation is built on this dossier.

This is FAR worse than Watergate.

It's disgusting and appalling.

Actually that'd be the 20 or so members of his campaign and administration who have ties to Russia.

I see reality has left you long ago however so I'll just call them purple monkey gods.

« Reply #9852 on: October 25, 2017, 03:09:39 PM »
https://amp.thedailybeast.com/trump-data-guru-i-tried-to-team-up-with-julian-assange

Pay no attention to the GOP side.

Just focus on the bullshit Clinton story.  :doge

Syph

« Reply #9853 on: October 25, 2017, 03:13:26 PM »
But, based on the current knee-jerk reaction, maybe they were justified to.
ah
the classic alinksky "if the end justifies the means" amorality
XO

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #9854 on: October 25, 2017, 03:18:16 PM »
Alinsky! *drinks*
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9855 on: October 25, 2017, 03:19:27 PM »
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/923241215725916160

CNN obviously didn't catch Trump congratulating Tom on his great reporting  :doge

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/923268967728386049

Why Trump, Why  :doge
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:27:56 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #9856 on: October 25, 2017, 03:32:31 PM »
Right-wing media is absolutely convinced that the DNC-Dossier connection is a Watergate-level scandal, and they're perplexed as to why the media isn't covering it more.

These fuckers and their alternate reality.  :lol

More impressed that the mainstream didn't took the bait as hard.

I'm hoping it's because they took some of the Emailz!!! criticism from people like Yglesias to heart.

The Comey letter doesn't become the Comey Letter if the media doesn't make it so last year.

Probably it has more to do with smelling like Trump team pushing it like the wiretapping. Is also kind of self contradictory stance from Trump given the whole initial defense of his son's Russian meeting was opposition research and that Nunez is pushing the "Hillary was the Russky spy"

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #9857 on: October 25, 2017, 03:34:40 PM »
"No I didn't...not specifically"

whew. imagine Obama saying that.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9858 on: October 25, 2017, 03:37:23 PM »
So now we have a story that the Dems colluded with the Russians to create a fake(?) dossier on Trump
Both the GOP and Dems are collapsing while Trump bumbles around Washington pretending to govern.

:usacry
🤴

studyguy

« Reply #9859 on: October 25, 2017, 03:55:29 PM »
https://twitter.com/philipaklein/status/923271597707886597

It's actually dead, don't even mention it... until of course you get the bill for your healthcare coverage then it's not my fault, but otherwise Obamacare is definitely dead, please don't use that term anymore. Oh CSRs? We're definitely not doing that, except when I sign off on Alex-Murray, but that's only because Congress forced me to, not because I wanted to. etc etc
pause

studyguy

« Reply #9860 on: October 25, 2017, 04:01:58 PM »
http://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/923277142271684609

Ted Cruz's family photo album being released tomorrow apparently.
pause

Boredfrom

« Reply #9861 on: October 25, 2017, 04:10:24 PM »
It paints Hillary and the DNC as liars, but not colluding with Russia or the Dossier content being wrong.

Syph

« Reply #9862 on: October 25, 2017, 04:13:57 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
unfortunately gonna be a whole lotta nothing
if we've learned one thing from this presidency, it's that aliens don't exist, because it would've been leaked by now
XO

Boredfrom

« Reply #9863 on: October 25, 2017, 04:20:21 PM »

unfortunately gonna be a whole lotta nothing
if we've learned one thing from this presidency, it's that aliens don't exist, because it would've been leaked by now

The rumor is that it contains stuff about Oswald visit to the Cuba Embassy at Mexico. So maybe there is stuff to he to shit on Mexico and Cuba.

studyguy

« Reply #9864 on: October 25, 2017, 04:30:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/923281952697749505
 :thinking

Probably need to get a new social media manager.
Thought it was full of it, but that's definitely the official twitter for Whitefish.

Saying she's pushing it is....odd.
Considering the deal with this company
Seems reasonable to ask for transparency

pause

etiolate

« Reply #9865 on: October 25, 2017, 04:34:49 PM »
Carmen Cruz is a PR prop during a natural disaster. Don't start twitter fights with the people repairing your home. Tribal soap operas over people's lives.

studyguy

« Reply #9866 on: October 25, 2017, 04:35:48 PM »
Carmen Cruz is a PR prop during a natural disaster. Don't start twitter fights with the people repairing your home. Tribal soap operas over people's lives.

Likewise starting fights with people on the ground you're contracted to assist seems sketchy to boot, Whitefish backtracked hard and released another statement.
pause

Boredfrom

« Reply #9867 on: October 25, 2017, 04:42:07 PM »

Dude, pls. Fuck off with that. Like seriously, people have the right to question this stuff.

etiolate

« Reply #9868 on: October 25, 2017, 04:47:47 PM »

Likewise starting fights with people on the ground you're contracted to assist seems sketchy to boot, Whitefish backtracked hard and released another statement.

Social media hires need to stop engaging. Don't try to be Wendy's. Simple statements and ignore trolls, even if the troll happens to have status.

Dude, pls. Fuck off with that. Like seriously, people have the right to question this stuff.

If you can't figure out that Cruz is a PR stunt and a tasteless one then  :yeshrug

Boredfrom

« Reply #9869 on: October 25, 2017, 04:52:31 PM »

Social media hires need to stop engaging. Don't try to be Wendy's. Simple statements and ignore trolls, even if the troll happens to have status.

If you can't figure out that Cruz is a PR stunt and a tasteless one then  :yeshrug

A month a go we got a big earthquake here in Mexico. For all the toxicity of Mexican politics, the politicans were no dismissing cunts like Trump is. Sorry that a people start to doubt about the goodwill of federal agencies when Trump is bitching about Power Grids while hiring a small company to repair it.

etiolate

« Reply #9870 on: October 25, 2017, 04:59:08 PM »

A month a go we got a big earthquake here in Mexico. For all the toxicity of Mexican politics, the politicans were no dismissing cunts like Trump is. Sorry that a people start to doubt about the goodwill of federal agencies when Trump is bitching about Power Grids while hiring a small company to repair it.

Drop the tribalism and recognize the behavior. If you can recognize when Trump does it then recognize when others do it. Twitter feuds with the help you need is not a sign of civic leadership.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #9871 on: October 25, 2017, 05:01:38 PM »
but seth rich guys
püp

Boredfrom

« Reply #9872 on: October 25, 2017, 05:07:48 PM »

Drop the tribalism and recognize the behavior. If you can recognize when Trump does it then recognize when others do it. Twitter feuds with the help you need is not a sign of civic leadership.

A would agree if it was not because Trump already sink that ship. Or you really think that no having power or water while Trump givis himself 10 of 10 is not cause to be exasperated.

« Reply #9873 on: October 25, 2017, 05:09:05 PM »

So...people whoa re getting fucked over by shit leadership shouldn't question said leadership publicly?

Nola

« Reply #9874 on: October 25, 2017, 05:16:32 PM »

It's actually dead, don't even mention it... until of course you get the bill for your healthcare coverage then it's not my fault, but otherwise Obamacare is definitely dead, please don't use that term anymore. Oh CSRs? We're definitely not doing that, except when I sign off on Alex-Murray, but that's only because Congress forced me to, not because I wanted to. etc etc

Shocked The Washington Examiner forgot to mention how the elimination of the CSR's heavily contributed to that increase, and how a brunt of that increase will be borne out by the taxpayers.

etiolate

« Reply #9875 on: October 25, 2017, 05:26:46 PM »

So...people whoa re getting fucked over by shit leadership shouldn't question said leadership publicly?

Sure. the Puerto Rican people can question Carmen Cruz

studyguy

« Reply #9876 on: October 25, 2017, 05:32:54 PM »

Shocked The Washington Examiner forgot to mention how the elimination of the CSR's heavily contributed to that increase, and how a brunt of that increase will be borne out by the taxpayers.

Assume that was implied, most states are already going with increased premiums on the assumption that the CSRs aren't passing since it's less risk than throwing their dicks out to gamble on an idiot possibly balking at signing off on a CSR deal he literally asked congress to make. Markets can leverage risk, but instability can't be leveraged.

I think I posted it on the last page regarding the CBO report in full they made.
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/923208265445634049

Honestly it's incredibly stupid that tax payers even have to suffer these weird CSR-related issue for no reason other than Trump's attempt to pass the buck to congress.
pause

Boredfrom

« Reply #9877 on: October 25, 2017, 05:34:29 PM »

so people from Puerto Rico cannot question Trump?

studyguy

« Reply #9878 on: October 25, 2017, 05:38:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/923299174610755584

“This proposal will devastate my district forever,” said King, who represents the southern shore of Long Island. “How anybody from New York and New Jersey can vote for this budget without knowing what is in the tax bill is beyond me.”

These fucks fighting over a bill they A) Haven't made yet B) is of their own design
Least here in California, even the republican districts, they're going to be super pissed off, OC prob trying to draft shit in expectation to destroy the bill.
pause

« Reply #9879 on: October 25, 2017, 05:47:33 PM »

Trump is the dumbass mouthing off to the Puerto Rican people.

Don't step in the kitchen if you can't handle basic human decency.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9880 on: October 25, 2017, 06:17:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/923289073833402368

The crazies are coming out guns blazing.
🤴

Nola

« Reply #9881 on: October 25, 2017, 06:18:00 PM »

Assume that was implied, most states are already going with increased premiums on the assumption that the CSRs aren't passing since it's less risk than throwing their dicks out to gamble on an idiot possibly balking at signing off on a CSR deal he literally asked congress to make. Markets can leverage risk, but instability can't be leveraged.

I wouldn't from the Washington Examiner TBH.

They aren't total conservative trash, but they aren't above leaving out important context to damage control a narrative. I agree with what you are saying about the CSR's though. It is an indefensible action in the context of how it has gone down.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #9882 on: October 25, 2017, 06:20:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/923289073833402368

The crazies are coming out guns blazing.

Does he mean his father? Pretty sure JFK was dead before Ted Cruz was born...unless Ted Cruz really is a lizard person.

studyguy

« Reply #9883 on: October 25, 2017, 06:22:32 PM »
Rumors about that they don't actually have the votes for the budget now as reported earlier :doge
lawdy
pause

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9884 on: October 25, 2017, 06:27:59 PM »
Rumors about that they don't actually have the votes for the budget now as reported earlier :doge
lawdy
The basic idea seems to be that McConnell pushes the GOP in-line while Trump throws out the JFK files to distract everyone. He will probably start tweeting teasers: "ooohh this is very interesting!"

They might just pull this off if McConnell can get his shit together. Otherwise Trump will make another great deal with Chucky.  :doge

I'm still holding on to my theory that Trump owns a time machine created by his uncle.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 06:32:53 PM by Nintex »
🤴

studyguy

« Reply #9885 on: October 25, 2017, 06:48:05 PM »
I mean Trump literally flew to Dallas today to see the JFK shit and is expected to make an announcement tomorrow regarding it.
So I guess if you're into infowars and fluoride in the tapwater turning frogs gay, tomorrow might be momentous.

Otherwise regular ass people not hyped up about discussing the assassination of their predecessors might be more interested in stuff that's actually consequential.

Also new polls are fun.
https://twitter.com/foxnewspoll/status/923308689422815232

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/923312557837955073
Apparently earplugs are only so effective even for the biggest knuckleheads.

https://andersonrobbins.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/102517_complete_topline_trumpjob_healthcare_taxes.pdf
Full poll
pause

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #9886 on: October 25, 2017, 07:17:53 PM »
There's basically no way tax reform gets done, as presented so far. You're not getting rid of those deductions, you're not getting magical expense write offs, you're not touching 501ks to "pay" for it etc.

This ends with Trump passing a Bush-style 10yr tax cut.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #9887 on: October 25, 2017, 07:20:57 PM »
There's basically no way tax reform gets done, as presented so far. You're not getting rid of those deductions, you're not getting magical expense write offs, you're not touching 501ks to "pay" for it etc.

Blah
püp

studyguy

« Reply #9888 on: October 25, 2017, 07:23:38 PM »

Sunsetting tax cut was always the expectation I think
pause

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9889 on: October 25, 2017, 07:25:41 PM »
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNBM-FLUEAA3Xyp.jpg
More Distractions, Trump is sending more religious zealots to the Middle East.
🤴

studyguy

« Reply #9890 on: October 25, 2017, 07:37:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/JaxAlemany/status/923326838549688320

Sucks to be a rust belt junkie these days I guess.
pause

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #9891 on: October 25, 2017, 07:44:09 PM »
9 million opiod pills shipped by a distributor to a midwest town with a population of 300 doesn't seem like a problem that a wall along the mexico border is going to fix. Maybe it's just me though...
que

Boredfrom

« Reply #9892 on: October 25, 2017, 08:16:35 PM »
What the fuck it has to do the fact that people are going to Canada to buy prescriptions with building a wall with Mexico?

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #9894 on: October 25, 2017, 08:39:12 PM »
9 million opiod pills shipped by a distributor to a midwest town with a population of 300 doesn't seem like a problem that a wall along the mexico border is going to fix. Maybe it's just me though...

At least they won't feel a thing while they're killed off.
©ZH

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #9895 on: October 25, 2017, 08:52:08 PM »
I don't mean to seem like I'm BOTH SIDES-ing your point because I agree with it but I was shocked they didn't take more of a populist protect flyover country and such to attack what the Democrats did, which I mean is short-named Dodd-Frank which is enough of a warning sign, or the Obama Administration for going easy prosecution wise.

This was after Wall Street had already started doing the thing every major corporation does and back winners more than a specific party so it shouldn't have been a concern in that regard, and yet you never had any kind of GOP impetus to shit on what the Dems were doing other than to hand wave the whole thing away and say there was no problem, no crimes. They could have used the "few bad apples" excuse they're fond of with cops and then attack Obama for not stopping the "few bad apple banks", and hook up with the harder-line Dems to enact smaller but more targeted reforms/etc.

Actually...what am I saying, that worked out electorally very well for them on everything else too I guess.

And I guess the other strategy never works anyway does it, look at Rand and Ron Wyden's hook ups on civil liberties or whatever, both leaderships often join hands to shit on it and they can usually form a negative majority collectively.

Thing is, they shouldn't have needed any particularly clever legislative or messaging strategy.

In the wake of the 2008 crash, which was an enormous scandal, a dominating news story, and a direct quality-of-life issue for tons of voters, what I would have expected would be something like Sarbanes-Oxley: everyone makes sure they get on the same page because nobody wants to be seen as defending the people responsible for this mess.

The fact that they felt safe casting votes against banking reform (and that they were right) feels like a marker for where symbolic politics started to really overtake transactional politics for the GOP (or to be more judgmental, where they started losing their grip on reality). Dubya was a shitty president, but the Republican party at the time was still trying to deliver something tangible for its constituents.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Another data point here is how they were trying to plow forward with health care bills that were opposed by basically every single relevant interest group. When has a GOP Congress ever disregarded the business lobby like that?
[close]

Brehvolution

« Reply #9896 on: October 25, 2017, 09:20:53 PM »
The GOP were the snowflakes of '09.
©ZH

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #9897 on: October 25, 2017, 09:35:00 PM »
But you know, we need the wall.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
püp

kingv

« Reply #9898 on: October 25, 2017, 10:38:38 PM »
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/923299174610755584

“This proposal will devastate my district forever,” said King, who represents the southern shore of Long Island. “How anybody from New York and New Jersey can vote for this budget without knowing what is in the tax bill is beyond me.”

These fucks fighting over a bill they A) Haven't made yet B) is of their own design
Least here in California, even the republican districts, they're going to be super pissed off, OC prob trying to draft shit in expectation to destroy the bill.

There is no way the tax bill passes with eliminating salt or 401k deductions. There are too many Republicans representing upper middle class districts in high tax states. There are even ruby red states that are high income tax states. Raising your states taxes while everyone else gets a break is career fucking suicide

« Reply #9899 on: October 25, 2017, 11:04:36 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/25/politics/trump-russia-sanctions/index.html

Nothing to see here...just a traitor not acting on clear Russian aggression.  :doge