Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5390163 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: Clinton Death List |OT| Epstein RIP
« Reply #41760 on: August 15, 2019, 04:17:02 PM »
Shamelessly stolen from Chapo:

(Image removed from quote.)
:lol we're gonna get so much usage out of that one
每天生气

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #41761 on: August 15, 2019, 04:20:24 PM »
First Dem candidate to propose turning Israel into glass gets my vote
:O

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #41762 on: August 15, 2019, 05:26:21 PM »
https://nypost.com/2019/08/15/jeffrey-epsteins-gal-pal-ghislaine-maxwell-spotted-at-in-n-out-burger-in-first-photos-since-his-death/

Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged madam and former lover Ghislaine Maxwell has been discovered — at In-N-Out Burger.

The 57-year-old was photographed alive and well Monday at the burger joint’s location in Universal City, Los Angeles.

Once spotted, Maxwell — who was sitting alone with a pet pooch — told an onlooker: “Well, I guess this is the last time I’ll be eating here!”

Maxwell, who was reading a book called “The Book of Honor: The Secret Lives and Deaths of CIA Operatives,” has been underground for months — and has not been pictured in public since 2016.

:doge :doge :doge

kingv

« Reply #41763 on: August 15, 2019, 05:31:40 PM »
“They asked for Apple juice, but we gave them the Apple head”
-Ghislaine Maxwell

jorma

« Reply #41764 on: August 15, 2019, 05:40:07 PM »
https://nypost.com/2019/08/15/jeffrey-epsteins-gal-pal-ghislaine-maxwell-spotted-at-in-n-out-burger-in-first-photos-since-his-death/

Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged madam and former lover Ghislaine Maxwell has been discovered — at In-N-Out Burger.

The 57-year-old was photographed alive and well Monday at the burger joint’s location in Universal City, Los Angeles.

Once spotted, Maxwell — who was sitting alone with a pet pooch — told an onlooker: “Well, I guess this is the last time I’ll be eating here!

Maxwell, who was reading a book called “The Book of Honor: The Secret Lives and Deaths of CIA Operatives,” has been underground for months — and has not been pictured in public since 2016.

That does seem likely, yeah.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #41766 on: August 15, 2019, 05:47:24 PM »
Nintex are you just a Trump bot
püp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #41767 on: August 15, 2019, 06:05:07 PM »
https://twitter.com/AndrewRestuccia/status/1162113352598020096

:trumps

Trump is just stealing Lex Luthor's plan from Superman [and Superman Returns]. In this case, taking the US out of the Paris Climate Agreement in order to keep climate change trucking right along and then buying up Greenland so he can make a ton of money selling tropical beachfront property in a couple decades.
dog

shosta

« Reply #41768 on: August 15, 2019, 06:10:07 PM »
omfg
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #41769 on: August 15, 2019, 06:16:58 PM »

Once spotted, Maxwell — who was sitting alone with a pet pooch — told an onlooker: “Well, I guess this is the last time I’ll be eating here!”

Borgerson has flatly denied any romance with Maxwell.

“I am not dating Ghislaine, I’m home alone with my cat,” he told The Post.

james

daemon

« Reply #41771 on: August 15, 2019, 06:47:02 PM »

The truth is way better: he's a Dutch tech manager with the social media feed of an Iowan trucker :rejoice

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #41773 on: August 15, 2019, 06:50:38 PM »

The truth is way better: he's a Dutch tech manager with the social media feed of an Iowan trucker :rejoice
(he's brown)

Tasty

« Reply #41774 on: August 15, 2019, 06:56:21 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #41775 on: August 15, 2019, 07:03:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/AliAbunimah/status/1162019492651839488

we hate trump, but we love the guy who's an even bigger piece of shit and further to the right! :rofl :pacspit

agrajag

agrajag

« Reply #41777 on: August 15, 2019, 07:29:41 PM »
Even Neolibs are hitting Obama from the left now (long thread)

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1161731817881395200

agrajag

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #41779 on: August 15, 2019, 08:03:25 PM »
Trump and Israel colluding to ban Omar and Tlaib from Israel in the hopes to smear Democrats by association and defense seems to be pretty smart to be coming from him only, I wonder how he is going to fucked it up.

Honestly, I feel like putting all of your eggs in one basket as a US vassal state is a huge mistake.

How many Democratic voters are going to back Israel over their own congress people?

I’m really surprised this actually seems to backfired for Trump

There was an article written in a Jewish weekly alternative newspaper how there was this secret meeting (as it was not put on a public agenda, and only a small group was allowed to be there) Jewish group in Tlaib hated that she was their congresswoman just because she was so outspoken about BDS and embraced her Palestinian heritage, so they were trying to primary her. Then the article quoted a bunch of Jewish people who weren't at the meeting going "WTF, you're making the stereotypes true. Stop that."
https://www.jta.org/2019/08/02/united-states/detroit-jews-are-caught-between-a-rock-named-trump-and-a-hard-choice-among-democrats

Rep. Rashida Tlaib must go

At the Jewish federation round table, there was a consensus: The Palestinian-American freshman in the 13th District has got to go.

“We in this community will go against Rashida Tlaib,” said Lisa Lis, a philanthropist who is also a contributor to Democratic candidates, and who otherwise during the roundtable was vocal in her criticism of President Donald Trump.

There were nods around the table. I was told that there had already been outreach to Brenda Jones, the Detroit City Council president whom Tlaib defeated in last year’s primary, and who is considering another run. I was also told that pro-Israel folks were already socking away money to target Tlaib.
The pro-Israel lay leader described the “intersectionality” advanced by “The Squad,” the quartet of freshman progressive congresswomen composed of Tlaib, Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York and Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts, as the flip side of Trump. “Post-factual,” the leader called them, saying they like Trump rely on racial identity politics instead of policy.

“The weaker one is and the darker one is” determines who is “in the right,” the lay leader said of The Squad, an “anti-intellectual” posture that bodes ill for Jews and Israel.

https://mondoweiss.net/2019/08/shocking-leading-rashida/

Lara Friedman of the Foundation for Middle East Peace points out the views, expressed by “organizational Jewish Dems,” will fulfill the worst ideas people have of Jews:

f someone was speculating that these were the views, rather than reporting what people said publicly, they’d be accused of antisemitism.

A rabbi has the sense to tell Kampeas that such an effort aimed at Tlaib would be “catastrophic.”

Rabbi [Alana] Alpert, who was not part of the roundtable, told me that taking aim at Tlaib would be catastrophic for Jewish community relations, and for the issue that more than any other keeps Jewish community leaders awake: keeping younger Jews engaged.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #41781 on: August 15, 2019, 08:21:51 PM »
balls deep state
©@©™

shosta

每天生气

Tripon

agrajag

« Reply #41784 on: August 15, 2019, 10:35:54 PM »
the tom watson guy is a chode, barely above the horse guy

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #41785 on: August 15, 2019, 10:42:42 PM »
Even Neolibs are hitting Obama from the left now (long thread)

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1161731817881395200

Stoller's been hating on Obama forever though

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #41786 on: August 16, 2019, 12:10:46 AM »

Tripon

« Reply #41787 on: August 16, 2019, 12:29:11 AM »
https://twitter.com/tomwatson/status/1161769976484769797

:brain :brain :brain

the tom watson guy is a chode, barely above the horse guy

https://twitter.com/tomwatson/status/1121027525612851200

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. *wheeze* Is he serious?

Yes, the guy is a huge Hillary stan. If you check out his old blog, there's rants from 2008 about how Obama stole Hillary's moment.

The Few, the Proud...the Clinton Bloggers
A funny thing happened to my Lijit social search results (that little box to the right) - "Johnny Thunders" was replaced over the last eight weeks or so by "Clinton blogger." That means more people are coming here because I'm somehow perceived as a pro-Hillary blogger than as an aging fan of a long-dead New York glam-punk rocker. Where they get this notion, I'll never know. Funny how the world turns, but as Johnny might intone in a voice that, dare I say it, may have occasionally seemed shrill: "it doesn't pay to try, all the smart boys know why."

But enough of lyrical asides from Max's Kansas City circa 1979, and on to more pressing matters. "Clinton blogger," eh? Well, I guess it's fair. And come to think of it, being a somewhat prominent Clinton blogger puts me an elite group - fewer in number, I suspect, than the roster of drummers employed by the Heartbreakers in their, uh, heyday.

To be a Clinton blogger in the progressive blogosphere is to be hated, shunned, passed without notice in the street. We sit home on Friday nights, cursing at Chris Matthews and being censored by Al Giordano for commenting too often in a field of swaying Obama supplication. We're not welcome at all the best dKos parties - if we show up, we're cursed with the universal epithet of those who challenge the Obama hegemony: "troll," they call us. Sometimes "f'ing troll." We're Rovian in our embrace of the monster, closet Bush backers and much worse - Lieberman types! Oh, the pain. The pure pain. I can't stand it. Makes me want to quit, embrace that messianic goodness, and stand down - for the sake of the party, of course - from any pursuit of a Clinton presidency.

Or perhaps...not. Looking over the (all-too-short) lineup of Clinton bloggers is enough to stiffen any political  spine. We don't have numbers, but we do have quality. And with seven weeks to go till Pennsylvania, it's worth a little time to look around the room. There's Taylor Marsh, of course - unapologetic, in your face, deeply annoying to those who decry "the Clintons." Why, her very name launches vast armadas of angry commenters, her very name has become almost synonymous with hard-fisted Clinton blogging. We like her out front, in other words.

And look, we've got James Wolcott - the intellectual equivalent, according to some recent Pew research, of a combined 14,392 DailyKos Obama diarists. (I must note: he'd probably disapprove of the label "Clinton blogger" but we have to stretch things on our roster at times and he did coin the memorable phrase: "so shun me, I voted for Hillary," which has pretty much become our rallying cry - the T-shirts are on order). Then there's Big Tent Democrat and Jeralyn Merritt at TalkLeft - absolutely fabulous analysts and media critics. We'll include Lance Mannion, who has never named his choice but makes the always curious decision to actually defend Hillary Clinton in multiple posts - yes, he's one of us. Blue Girl, of course, and in Ohio too - so very crucial.

Let's not forget the prolific Riverdaughter, a feminist of wide-ranging abilities who always seems to nail what's so important about the typical Clinton voter (hint: they work, and they work at hard jobs). Our circle is made richer by the addition of the indomitable Shakespeare's Sister, a former Edwards blogger and all-around blog-whoring (her term, don't shoot me!) maestro.

Who else? John Amato at Crooks and Liars - playing it fair these days makes you a Clinton blogger. Fred Wilson and Jeff Jarvis? Well, they voted for her and actually admitted it in public. Joe Gandelman? An always moderate voice who seems to lean her way (I could be wrong). Jon Swift? The rare righty who doesn't hate Hillary. And I'm thinking Jane Hamsher leans our way. And Jessica Valenti. Digby too. And hey, maybe Tina Brown?

Heck, that's a team. Who else qualifies? I know I've missed someone. Let me know! You may qualify for a limited edition Peter Daou bobblehead doll.

UPDATE: The suggestions are flying in - can't believe I missed some of these, since I read 'em all the time. how about these fine, brave souls: eRiposte and Jeff Dinelli at the Left Coaster and netroots pioneer Jerome Armstrong and Todd Beeton at MyDD. Let's not forget Pamela Leavey, Larry Johnson, Tennessee Guerilla Women, Lane Hudson, Perez Hilton, Susie Madrak, the Daily Howler and and everybody at Hillary's Bloggers.

UPDATE II: They keep rolling in; we do like to stick together. Many more to add to the roster (can't believe my addled state to leave off some of them). There's savvy   Anglachel and The Redstar Perspective, not to mention the ever-vocal NYC Weboy. Lots of great perspective at The Hillary 1000, too (though we're a blogger or two short of a grand). Let's not forget the fierce Blue Lyon and the The Reclusive Leftist, and the growl of Mojave Wolf. Keep 'em coming and add these good people to your feedreaders and blogrolls.

UPDATE III: What a list, and it keeps on growing. More in a moment. But I'd also like to make an observation from visiting these great blogs - most (not all) of what we're calling Clinton blogs are really progressive political blogs, left of center and run by political realists. They are in the main, not hysterical about Hillary Clinton's opponent - indeed, many is the kind word to be found about Barack Obama. I'd venture this is the obverse of the more vocal Obama blogs, where the opponent has been cast not as a valid if secondary Democratic choice for president, but as a monster and far worse. OK - to add to the list (and I'm addled for having missed some): Adorable Girlfriend and her buds at Republic of Dogs bring the attitude. The RealSpiel is a real find, and we certainly leave out the amazing Bartcop. Let's not forget the noble Donna Darko, nor the important voting bloc over at MOMocrats. And even in the darkest depths of Mordor (spring, 2008 version) a little light can always be found in the charming personages of Alegre and BrownSox. And let's all add the feisty Delilah Boyd and Sugar N Spice to our blogrolls as well, along with outspoken I Have an Opinion and the cringing but proud West and Divided. Save room there for the elegant Democratic Wings and the erudite Progressive Involvement blogs. Old favorites Feministe and Susie Madrak have been suggested, and will indeed be noted, as has blogging buddy Dave Johnson, who usually plays it down the middle - and should receive our praise and linkage.

https://tomwatson.typepad.com/tom_watson/2008/03/the-few-the-pro.html

thisismyusername

« Reply #41788 on: August 16, 2019, 12:37:23 AM »
So like Glenn, he has a granny fetish. Good to know. Another one to cull from my Twitter sphere.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #41789 on: August 16, 2019, 01:22:05 AM »

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #41790 on: August 16, 2019, 06:05:44 AM »
I read his tweets and was confused by one of his points of contention that because Obamacare took many years to install. It was terrible. That made it clear to me that this was a guy who had no concept of nuance or rationality.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

samir

« Reply #41792 on: August 16, 2019, 07:37:18 AM »
Trump is a fucking genius. God damn GALAXY BRAIN  :brain

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #41793 on: August 16, 2019, 07:58:27 AM »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #41794 on: August 16, 2019, 09:16:20 AM »
Trump is a fucking genius. God damn GALAXY BRAIN  :brain

Dotard is a dumb man's genius.

If he wasn't born rich, him and his boys would be pumping gas in New Jersey selling dime bags on the side.

trump, devos, fallwell jr, shapiro, wohl or any other of the second generation of rightists chuds would never have become rich on their own merit because they have no talent.
©ZH

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #41795 on: August 16, 2019, 10:34:50 AM »
https://twitter.com/AndrewRestuccia/status/1162113352598020096

:trumpsadouche

From the people who say we can't afford social programs.  ::)
©ZH

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #41796 on: August 16, 2019, 10:40:00 AM »
Didn't beto just run for senate and lose to that booger eater?

james

« Reply #41797 on: August 16, 2019, 11:04:02 AM »
Beto is the Hillary Clinton of Texas

Tasty

« Reply #41798 on: August 16, 2019, 11:11:56 AM »
Beto is the Hillary Clinton of Texas

:pika

thisismyusername

« Reply #41799 on: August 16, 2019, 11:21:47 AM »
Missed this. Live in a box, poors :success

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1160510422296006656

Like, I'm into Pre-fab Shipping Containers and think they're a really cool idea, but: $30,000 for just ONE of them (how he's making that tweet sound) is stupid. That's a bit smaller (and less "tall") than a studio apartment.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #41800 on: August 16, 2019, 12:54:01 PM »
Am I the only one not shocked about Omar/Tlaib getting banned from Israel? It makes me sad, but that’s completely in line with what both the US/Israel governments do nowadays.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41801 on: August 16, 2019, 01:03:02 PM »
Am I the only one not shocked about Omar/Tlaib getting banned from Israel? It makes me sad, but that’s completely in line with what both the US/Israel governments do nowadays.
'
Omar openly attacked Israel on her Twitter account multiple times so I can see why they don't want to talk/meet with her.
But denying her entry to the country seems a bit much.

The Mossad seems to be really confident they can keep Trump and Kushner in power for another term.
In the latest Fox News poll their boi peaks at 39% against every Democratic challenger  :doge
🤴

Brehvolution

« Reply #41802 on: August 16, 2019, 01:09:09 PM »
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/oath-keepers-disavows-proud-boys-rally-antifa-portland-saturday

In a statement on his group’s website, Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes said he owed it to his membership to disavow the so-called “End Domestic Terrorism” rally, where attendees will demand that anti-fascists, or “antifa,” be labeled a terrorist group.

:what

“We do not believe the organizers are taking the steps necessary to ensure that white nationalist and suspected white nationalist groups and individuals will be excluded,” he wrote.

Rhodes expressed concern that threats of violence from the right could put attendees at legal risk.

©ZH

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #41803 on: August 16, 2019, 02:41:57 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #41804 on: August 16, 2019, 03:32:17 PM »
Quote from: Nintex
The Mossad seems to be really confident they can keep Trump and Kushner in power for another term.

:foxx
We already have one filler, thank you.
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41805 on: August 16, 2019, 03:42:27 PM »
https://twitter.com/LizRNC/status/1162427055247712256

Annexing Greenland seems to have piqued the interest of the news outlets  :lol
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41807 on: August 16, 2019, 04:13:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/schwartzbCNBC/status/1162454325261717504

Ah yes, all the grifters Trump screwed over looking for revenge :kermit
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #41808 on: August 16, 2019, 04:27:32 PM »
didn't know Bill Kristol wielded that kind of power

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Brehvolution

©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41812 on: August 16, 2019, 04:55:35 PM »

:whew
🤴

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #41813 on: August 16, 2019, 05:13:53 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #41814 on: August 16, 2019, 05:18:41 PM »

james

« Reply #41815 on: August 16, 2019, 05:20:34 PM »
'
Omar openly attacked Israel on her Twitter account multiple times so I can see why they don't want to talk/meet with her.

In the latest Fox News poll their boi peaks at 39% against every Democratic challenger  :doge

Isreal is going to hack the election and make it seem like Russia did it.

Check back here in 2065 for an I told you so

james

« Reply #41816 on: August 16, 2019, 05:31:01 PM »
Is there anything my man bernie has been wrong about?

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/1162449807710908421

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41817 on: August 16, 2019, 05:36:43 PM »
Is there anything my man bernie has been wrong about?

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/1162449807710908421
He can go sit on the bench next to Al Gore and Mitt Romney.
Who were both never wrong and never President.
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #41818 on: August 16, 2019, 06:31:36 PM »
'

Isreal is going to hack the election and make it seem like Russia did it.

Check back here in 2065 for an I told you so

Don't you mean 9825

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #41819 on: August 16, 2019, 06:44:42 PM »
Lol at acting like this is news in 2019 when they literally fired people for being against the Iraq War/Invasion on air in 2003. This was at a time when Pat Buchanan, Tucker Carlson, Don Imus all had shows on the network.

They gave a show to Alan Keyes!